Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, stormy said:

I guess Bob Corker's the only one I can respect.

Probably Scarborough will hail Corker as a man of principle, conveniently omitting that Corker was an early enabler of Trump whose prior actions allowed things to reach this point.  

• Love 6
16 hours ago, millennium said:

Hope he does.   Especially Senator John McTrump.

Joe's been defending McTrump on Twitter all weekend, urging people to not condemn "an American hero" over a "single vote."

We will probably get one of Joe's Monologues o' Righteousness tomorrow.

• Love 1

It was a great joke. Colin Jost talked how this past week, the president of the United States accused a television host of an unsolved murder and it just got treated as “news of the weird”, whereas had a normal president done so in the past, it would be leading every newscast. His point was how far Trump has deviated from expected and normal behavior. It was one joke so it’s hard to link to besides linking to the entire Weekend Update segment.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

On Weekend Update on SNL they mentioned something about Trump, Joe and a murder. Can anyone elaborate?  

They said that in a normal week, having the President of the US accuse a Congressman of murder would be a big deal but with Trump it's just an aside. The theme is that Trump says so many crazy things on twitter that it doesn't matter.

I doubt that Joe will bring this up tomorrow. Joe does not like discussion about his involvement in Lori's death. I suspect that he will file a complaint with SNL.

1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Joe's been defending McTrump on Twitter all weekend, urging people to not condemn "an American hero" over a "single vote."

We will probably get one of Joe's Monologues o' Righteousness tomorrow.

I find Joe's special TelePrompter rants to be hilarious.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, millennium said:

Probably Scarborough will hail Corker as a man of principle, conveniently omitting that Corker was an early enabler of Trump whose prior actions allowed things to reach this point.  

I think Corker voted to allow the debate to proceed on the Tax Reform issue.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think Corker voted to allow the debate to proceed on the Tax Reform issue.

He did. He could have stopped it in its tracks but didn't. So he got to take his "principled stance" with zero risk of truly having an impact.

That will be glossed over tomorrow, I am sure.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Joe is infamous. Saw a snippet of FOX while at the gym this morning. They were fixated on Joe murdering an intern.

Yikes! Good to know that Fox is upholding its usual impeccable journalistic standards. /s

In spite of all this and the other crazy news of the weekend, I predict Joe will be in a good mood (at least for a while) because Alabama managed to sneak in to the Final Four. I think we can expect a few "Roll, Tides!" on Monday.

• Love 4

Monday Recap. It's "obstruction of justice" Monday. The panel is upset about Trump's tweet about Flynn. Joe is convinced that it is obstruction of justice. Why was everyone in the Trump campaign talking to Russians?

Mika is wearing a new grey top. The left hand is still hidden.

Joe thinks that Trump's lawyer did not write the damning Tweet.

David Ignatius is back.

Mika mispronounced the term Foreign Dignataries. She called them, Foreign Dignities. LOL!

Mika & Joe are better behaved than last Monday & trying to be more serious.

• Love 5

Generally speaking, when the title of a piece contains the word "assclown," it's a good indicator of the intelligence and maturity level behind it.

Back to the show -- 27 minutes in and it appears Scarborough and Mika didn't hear that tax reform passed the Senate this weekend.   

• Love 1

Joe did a special voice over of clips about Flynn. Joe said Flynn did so many bad things yet he was charged for the equivalent of jay walking.

Joe is disapointed in Lindsay Graham for not getting more outraged about the charge against Flynn.

Joe thinks that Flynn will be flipped to get more charges on Hope Hicks or Don Jr or Trump himself.

Joe is bragging about knowing Abramahoff scandal & people getting thrown in jail for golfing.

• Love 2

Dana bash said there will be a sentencing memo to affect the prison time for Flynn.

Joe spoke with high ranking generals over the weekend. Flynn was a national treasure. David said that Flynn should never have campaigned for Trump.

New Ads for Morning joe. Demoracy is at risk according to Joe! Mika & Joe are keeping viewers informed!

• Love 1

Joe is mad at Senator Grassly for saying people spend tax cuts on booze & women.

Joe is showing the clip of Orrin Hatch & the CHIP program. He was tweeting about this yesterday. Joe was mad at people on twitter who complained about Joe selectively editing the clips about Hatch.

Joe said you can't be favor of tax cuts for the rich & be mad at funding welfare & the CHIP program.

Joe is mad at people portraying the GOP as cartoonish evil clowns on TV.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, oakville said:

The show is using a chyron to block her left hand. At 6 17 am, the left hand made an appearance. It looks like Mika is not wearing her ring.

I’m pretty sure that Mika is wearing a ring. I can’t tell if it’s her original engagement ring. There hasn’t been a good view, just quick flashes. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika is wearing a new grey top. The left hand is still hidden.

Maybe one of the chickens bit her finger off.

31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is mad at Senator Grassly for saying people spend tax cuts on booze & women.

Senator Grassley doesn't think women are people.

• Love 4

Clint says this is a Bombay of holy cow.

I'm calling it a trumpnado. 

If Joe has any questions about Flynn campaigning with trump and what the hell happened to this once respected general, he should have tuned into CNN yesterday. Retired general Mark Hertling, who served with Flynn, didn't hold back on his criticism.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

While I appreciate Joe pointing out how awful the Grassley and Hatch comments are, he's being disingenuous when he compares them to the "welfare queen" slur of the "Republicans of the 1970s." Nope, Joe, that was your boy Ronald Reagan in the 1980s. Joe even paused when he started saying it because I think he knew where he was headed.

What makes Hatch's comment especially egregious is that CHP is for the working poor. 

Lol at Ignatius for bringing up Clinton's "deplorables" comment. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, cased said:

I’m pretty sure that Mika is wearing a ring. I can’t tell if it’s her original engagement ring. There hasn’t been a good view, just quick flashes. 

She is definitely wearing a ring today -- hard to tell if it is the original, but it still looks large and of a similar style.  All is well!  (phew -- ha ?)  

• Love 4
On 12/1/2017 at 4:05 PM, MyAimIsTrue said:

Fun fact:  One of those four hot girls was January Jones, pre-Mad Men.

(Okay, I love 'Love, Actually' and Joe can suck it)

Yep. And the daughter from 24 (forgot her name) who got stuck in a cave with a cougar. 

I don't hate LA,  there are a couple story lines I kinda like, but Alan Rickman's affair & Laura Linney's brother thing depress me. 

On Weekend Update on SNL they mentioned something about Trump, Joe and a murder. Can anyone elaborate?  

The rumor or fake story that Joe killed the intern who died in his office several years ago. She was there by herself, I think she had been out for a run earlier, she got light headed or something, hit her head on a desk and died.  There was some funny business about the coroner or something (not that Joe did it, but this guy was flaky or something), and shortly thereafter Joe left Congress.

SNL said that the POTUS accusing someone of murder didn't even make the top ten crazy shit that happened this week. 

Joe is mad at people portraying the GOP as cartoonish evil clowns on TV

Then maybe they should stop acting like cartoonish evil clowns. And that's about the nicest thing anyone could say about the current GOP. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe did a special voice over of clips about Flynn. Joe said Flynn did so many bad things yet he was charged for the equivalent of jay walking.

That's how plea deals work, Joe.   You get a lighter sentence in return for spilling the beans on the big guy. 

The more interesting thing about Flynn is he is a life long Democrat, and as soon as he was fired from the Obama Administration he started sidling up to Russia and Turkey.  He's like a character in a LeCarre novel, who  feels like he got a raw deal so decides to fuck over the country he believes betrayed him.  And then go to work for the guy Russia wants to get in the WH, as if to give the finger even more to Democrats and the US. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

Today, Grassly will add, I am sure,  that also too much money is being spent on paper bags (for hding the Colt 45) and juke joints.  May as well.

Didn't get to watch much today, I was hoping they would do more on the SNL thing.  IS THIS THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE BEEN MENTIONED ON SNL???

16 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Didn't get to watch much today, I was hoping they would do more on the SNL thing.  IS THIS THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE BEEN MENTIONED ON SNL???

SNL did a long skit about Joe and Mika after they announced their engagement. It was pretty funny. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Today, Grassly will add, I am sure,  that also too much money is being spent on paper bags (for hding the Colt 45) and juke joints.  May as well.

Whoever runs against Grassly just got a great campaign ad out of this. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'm surprised he didn't say Hooch & dames. 

I just read that it's also movies that us poors blow our money on, so Hooch, Dames and Talkies are the downfall of the average American, while millionaires are afraid their lazy ass kids will only inherit 90% of their wealth. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, stormy said:

Clint says this is a Bombay of holy cow.

I'm calling it a trumpnado. 

If Joe has any questions about Flynn campaigning with trump and what the hell happened to this once respected general, he should have tuned into CNN yesterday. Retired general Mark Hertling, who served with Flynn, didn't hold back on his criticism.

I heard a "full buffet of holy cow."

Either way, there's nothing holy about any of this. 

The President of the United States gave a whole-hearted, unconditional endorsement of a pedophile today.   And almost nobody blinked.   The nation has become desensitized to the idea in less than a week. 

We have the President we deserve.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, millennium said:

The President of the United States gave a whole-hearted, unconditional endorsement of a pedophile today.   And almost nobody blinked.   The nation has become desensitized to the idea in less than a week. 

I don't think that's a fair assessment at all, given both Mika and Joe's response. They didn't scream or bounce of walls but the fact that they cut in another story to report it, and then looked absolutely disgusted at the news, shows that at least they aren't desensitized to it. I do find the lack of coverage by other outlets odd, though. 

Moreover this all came in the context of McConnell more or less saying he would prefer Moore to be senator over Jones. He was slick enough to do it on a weekend and after a historically infamous vote so it wouldn't lead anywhere. Given that, Trump's endorsement was a foregone conclusion.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I heard a "full buffet of holy cow."

Either way, there's nothing holy about any of this. 

We do NOT deserve this president! 

• Love 6

Tuesday Recap. No introduction for 2 minutes. Old clip of Jeff Sessions saying that Clinton committed obstruction of justice.

Joe is making fun of David Carville telling people to look at the bird. Joe is using a dumb accent for the GOP lawyer.

Mika is very smug & making faces at the camera.

Joe is outraged that Trump's team is focused on Hillary Clinton's legal issues. They are upset about the reports that Peter Strzork was removed from the Trump case after sending pro Hillary text messages to other FBI colleagues during the 2016 Presidential Debates.

Why aren't they mad at Mueller for caving in to FBI policy not to have biased interrogators involved in questioning defendants.

Strozk was able to get Comey to water down the "gross negligent" comments in his speech about Hillary to "extremely careless"

The Trumpists will try to distract the case against him by pointing to biased FBI interrogators. Strozk was able to interview Flynn & get him to admit guilt.

Willie said it smart for the FBI not to put Hillary under oath last year or have any recording of her testimony. This would allow Comey to say that she did not lie to the FBI.

Joe said they should focus on Trump & not Hillary. Hillary lost the election & should be immune.

Mika is mocking KAC.

Joe said it is a slam dunk case that Trump committed obstruction of justice. Joe said any lawyer would tell you that.

Joe attacked Stephen Miller.

Harold Ford is explaining how impeachment works!. He went to Law School!

Heidi is in the Library.

Who wrote the tweet? A lawyer?

Why aren't they sticking to the Russian Collusion argument. Trump Jr met with evil Russians!

Joe attaccked the Far Right& said they were taken over by Trumpists. Joe said the Trumpists should focus on their post presidential careers. They won't be able to get jobs with the elite media & appear as highly respected pundits.

Joe is be furious that Trump's Tweets were not considered to be law. They are statements from Trump! It is legally binding.

• Love 2

Joe attacked Manafort for meeting Russians & drinking alcohol.

He could have his bail revoked!. Mika apologized for not ready the story and allowing Joe to go into a long story about Manafort meeting with Russians. They wrote a op ed.

• Love 2

Why isn't Willie on the Today Show? Willie should stick to his naive " I didn't know what Matt Lauer was doing for the last 15 years"

More charges against Roy Moore for dating 17 year old girls.

Joe is outraged at the GOP for supporting Roy Moore.

Joe bragged that the GOP died in Feb 2016. Fereccio said the GOP party supports Pedophilai. She should quit the GOP .

Fereccio is mad at GOP Donors who want their tax cuts.

She said that Trump was not a Republican.

Joe said he only went to the Hamptons in 2016.

The new policy is that all the GOP is responsible for Roy Moore. Luckily, the same rules don't apply if you give to the DNC.

I hope Joe mentions that his former Florida Congressional Colleague Corrine Brown was sentenced to 5 years in jail.

Joe is outraged at people who think that he & Mika were too nice to Trump during the primary campaign.

Joe said Trump'  muslim ban in Dec 2015 disqualified him from being President.

Joe is delusional. Everyone knows that they were strongly supportive of Trump in 2016. Trump called them supporters. Is Joe suffering from early onset dementia by repeating lies.

• Love 4

Joe's tirade has been going on for 10 minutes. Mika is quiet & drinking her cocunut water with a straw.

Roy Moore sent a girl a graduation card when she was 17. It was scandalous, wishing her success. This is worse than Weinstein.

Mika is chirping in her comments.

Mika worked on the Hill & Strom Thurman was there!. He groped Mika?

• Love 3

7:45, Mika disappeared, Joe took a swig from his coffee cup and gargled and swallowed. Then he licked his palm and stroked his hair with his wet palm. This followed discussion and review of a robe Mika received as a gift from Jared and Ivanka. WTF?

• Love 4

Nice magenta tie Joe!  Joe is acting downright s******, with his overblown imitation of James Carville and his KAC "I was with The President on Mars yesterday."  Mika has been demoted to a series of "yeahs," "sighs," "mutters," and segment intros.  By the way, is Michael Steele still a Republican?  Over the past 6 months, every month he riffs on Republicans more and more.  This AM he downright stated that the Rs nose their way into everyone's personal life and it's wrong.  Hey Republicans' get out of my body and my religion, I agree on that for sure.

Holy Crap, I just now for the first time saw a photo of Ty Cobb (I don't watch the show only listen)  Can they re-make one of the 1960s Burl Ives Christmas cartoon shows using him?

Holy Shit they just showed the KAC lie-fest on Fox and Friends yesterday and the Fox "reporters" on the couch were even "WTF?????" When Fox "reporters" are going "WTF" you know you have blown it.

• Love 5

Joe warned viewers not to get upset with him for complaining about Obama trying to intervene in the Clinton email scandal. He said that Hillary was wrong to have a private server. 

I missed the bathrobe story

32 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Nice magenta tie Joe!  Joe is acting downright s******, with his overblown imitation of James Carville and his KAC "I was with The President on Mars yesterday."  Mika has been demoted to a series of "yeahs," "sighs," "mutters," and segment intros.  By the way, is Michael Steele still a Republican?  Over the past 6 months, every month he riffs on Republicans more and more.  This AM he downright stated that the Rs nose their way into everyone's personal life and it's wrong.  Hey Republicans' get out of my body and my religion, I agree on that for sure.

Holy Crap, I just now for the first time saw a photo of Ty Cobb (I don't watch the show only listen)  Can they re-make one of the 1960s Burl Ives Christmas cartoon shows using him?

Holy Shit they just showed the KAC lie-fest on Fox and Friends yesterday and the Fox "reporters" on the couch were even "WTF?????" When Fox "reporters" are going "WTF" you know you have blown it.

32 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I don't think the GOP takes Michael Steele seriously. He was removed from being RNC chair due to spending scandal

• Love 2

Mika thinks people will go to jail for life because of their Russia involvement.  What a laugh. The republicans will pardon them if their beloved leader doesn't do it first.

I know!!!!!! (plus 10,000 more !s)  I only listen to MJ and some CNN so I get an insulated view of politics.  You follow MJ and you feel like Mueller is standing in front of the Oval Office with his hand poised to knock, and deliver a subpoena or the like.  You feel like in the next election, the Democrats will sweep government and re-install a country full of compassionate laws, social and economic justice.  In truth, 30% of all of America think trump is doing everything exactly right, and like 70% of all Republicans approve of him.  Nothing is going to happen, nothing AT ALL.  I am truly starting to think I am doing myself a disservice only watching MSNBC.  I mean this...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

Mika thinks people will go to jail for life because of their Russia involvement.  What a laugh. The republicans will pardon them if their beloved leader doesn't do it first.

I know!!!!!! (plus 10,000 more !s)  I only listen to MJ and some CNN so I get an insulated view of politics.  You follow MJ and you feel like Mueller is standing in front of the Oval Office with his hand poised to knock, and deliver a subpoena or the like.  You feel like in the next election, the Democrats will sweep government and re-install a country full of compassionate laws, social and economic justice.  In truth, 30% of all of America think trump is doing everything exactly right, and like 70% of all Republicans approve of him.  Nothing is going to happen, nothing AT ALL.  I am truly starting to think I am doing myself a disservice only watching MSNBC.  

edited to add:  8:50 and Mika is wagging her immaculately manicured finger at Facebook and it's new social media platform for little kids.  That rushing sound you hear is Mark Zuckerberg's hoodie flying by as he rushes to cancel the entire project....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

Willie said it smart for the FBI not to put Hillary under oath last year or have any recording of her testimony. This would allow Comey to say that she did not lie to the FBI.

Actually I think it is the general practice not to record or make the witness take an oath. But the statute requires neither. Flynn was neither under oath or recorded.  So if they ever found out the bitch lied, she’d be in hot water.

It was like a movie or a TV show where a character thought to be dumb or senile says something very wise. Harold Ford of all people summed it up beautifully when he concluded the GOP has decided supporting a pervert is worth the price if it gets them a vote on a tax bill. Ford is the Rose Nylund of these Golden Girls, if only this morning.

I don’t know why Joe is so suprised or upset. The GOP has been appealing to people’s worst instincts since the Voting Rights Act passed.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Actually I think it is the general practice not to record or make the witness take an oath. But the statute requires neither. Flynn was neither under oath or recorded.  So if they ever found out the bitch lied, she’d be in hot water.

It was like a movie or a TV show where a character thought to be dumb or senile says something very wise. Harold Ford of all people summed it up beautifully when he concluded the GOP has decided supporting a pervert is worth the price if it gets them a vote on a tax bill. Ford is the Rose Nylund of these Golden Girls, if only this morning.

I don’t know why Joe is so suprised or upset. The GOP has been appealing to people’s worst instincts since the Voting Rights Act passed.

It seems odd to me that There would be no recording of Hillary or Flynn testimony. How can you prove if they lied or not?

I love when someone like Admiral Stavridis is on. It's so rare to have an actual person with knowledge of the facts as a participant on this show.

It's usually just muddling through with the usual dull people.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Roy Moore sent a girl a graduation card when she was 17. It was scandalous, wishing her success. This is worse than Weinstein.

The reason why it's significant is that Moore has denied knowing, much less dating these girls.

Handwritten note with his signature.  Another woman has a handwritten note from Moore in her HS yearbook.

So that handwriting could be authenticated and Moore would be proven to be lying.  It's way more than he said, she said, no matter how much GOP apologists want to depict it as such.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 7