Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Barnicle's pearl of wisdom was that Alabamians got to show America that they are not the stereotype they've been accused of being for so long.  Uh.. no, idiot.  They are absolutely that stereotype.  They spent the past 2 months reinforcing it hourly.  ("We have Jewish friends, our lawyer's a Jew")  If not for the "liberal media" and "northeast liberals" and immense pressure from outside of Alabama, they would have elected to the United States Senate a literal pedophile, a practicing racist, a xenophobe, and a vocally religiously biased disgrace who also apparently can't ride a horse (#FreeSassy).

Yeah all during that first hour I was all, I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but almost half of this state voted for a pervert who thinks we should revert back to the Constitution as it was in the 1780s. Slow your roll, guys.

7 hours ago, stormy said:

That's why I liked Charles Barkley so much a couple of days ago, telling the crowd (basically) we have to show the world we're not stupid 

I thought he was such an effective surrogate. Especially since he was a home-grown hero.

I really don't see how Joe compares this to the Scott Brown win.  Brown was running against a looser. I wouldn't have voted for her. Also, Brown doesn't have the resume that Jones has so maybe he will hold the seat.

Plus, Brown came very close to keeping the seat in 2012. If Jones delivers for the state and proves he isn't out to kill every fetus in the state, who the hell knows, maybe he holds on. 

I can't stand Seth Moulton and his campaign for vets to take elective office. I just don't like the idea of glorifying military service as something that makes someone especially qualified for office. It isn't. And it's self-serving coming from Moulton. He has a lean and hungry look, to quote Shakespeare.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

As God as my witness if tomorrow's show doesn't lead off with Omarosa being physically marched off the White House grounds last night that is truly it for me . . . :)

I hope there's a video of it that we get to see. Mika and Joe hopefully will find one.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I can't stand Seth Moulton and his campaign for vets to take elective office. I just don't like the idea of glorifying military service as something that makes someone especially qualified for office. It isn't. And it's self-serving coming from Moulton. He has a lean and hungry look, to quote Shakespeare.

Mumbles I am not looking to argue any of this but I would like to highlight two points.  I appreciate anyone that highlights vets service as these folks know true sacrifice and would make a much better representation instead of these monied, spoiled, completely clueless dilettantes that are currently lurking the halls of Congress.  

I also appreciated his speaking to how many and what types of jobs we can expect for those of us that are still waiting for something decent to come our way.  All we ever hear about how terrific the economy is doing but it is not for everybody and the jobs that are being created do not include guaranteed hours or benefits.  I came from a world where everyone that wanted a job could have one, this new world is tough, very tough.

• Love 3

My point about military people not having any more of a qualification to hold office than civilians is made in context of years of one political party in particular cynically exploiting people's emotions by putting everything in the context of "the troops" ("Kaepernick dishonors the troops", "Obama holding a cup of coffee while saluting the Marines dishonors the troops", "Clinton's actions surrounding Benghazi shows she doesn't care about the troops.") And as far as I'm concerned military service is neither here nor there. Steve Bannon served in the military. That doesn't mean that everyone who served in the military is a psychotic racist, but it does mean that the military is not some sort of qualification that makes someone better suited for elected office.

Just like this stupid show tried to make some hero out of "General Kelly" for months but as they pointed out this morning, what did HE do when the president suggested a senator was willing to engage in sexual activity for donations? Kelly can take his military medals and shove them up his ass.

And finally, I don't think Moulton is selfless in this campaign. He is a very ambitious person and raising money for candidates is simultaneously expanding his own network.  And plus he gets to sell himself as Mr Military to those who care about such things.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 7

Mika needs to lay off the rants.   She's not very good at it.  She always looks flustered, like she's just worked up the nerve to tell off the person with 20 items in the 12 items or less line at the grocery store.  

29 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Just like this stupid show tried to make some hero out of "General Kelly" for months but as they pointed out this morning, what did HE do when the president suggested a senator was willing to engage in sexual activity for donations? Kelly can take his military medals and shove them up his ass.

Scarborough did the same with McMasters and later had to point out that McMasters, whose claim to fame is a book he wrote blaming the Vietnam fiasco on the inability of military men to question authority, had become the very thing he deplored in his book.

That Noah guy seems like a priss. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Mika needs to lay off the rants.   She's not very good at it.  She always looks flustered, like she's just worked up the nerve to tell off the person with 20 items in the 12 items or less line at the grocery store.  

Agreed.  She is always looking for vindication for things she knew she has done or been an accomplice to and keeps staring at the camera waiting for the vindication that she is RIGHT.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Agreed.  She is always looking for vindication for things she knew she has done or been an accomplice to and keeps staring at the camera waiting for the vindication that she is RIGHT.

She ought to be staring to her left because I think that's the direction she expects the validation to come from.   Sometimes he obliges, but grudgingly it seems, like, "Oh look, Mika's upset.   There, there.  Of course you are right."

Speaking of Scarborough, he needs to stop with the Clintons.  Today it was using Bill Clinton to illustrate his point about tribalism.

He conveniently forgets the tribalism of the Dubya years, characterized not only by tribal madness but a drumbeat of war that got 5000+ U.S. troops killed.   In fact, Scarborough has such a blind spot when it comes to Bush that if you listen to him long enough you might come away believing that the Clinton presidency was followed by the election of Barack Obama.

• Love 8

Also her voice quavers while she's ranting, making it sound like she's a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown. And she's still on that dumb Twitter campaign about Sarah Huckabee. Hon, Huckabee has no soul to redeem. Give it up gurl.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Also her voice quavers while she's ranting, making it sound like she's a woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown. And she's still on that dumb Twitter campaign about Sarah Huckabee. Hon, Huckabee has no soul to redeem. Give it up gurl.

No kidding, what kind of passive-aggressive shit is that?   If you want to take her to task, just do it.   The fake concern is like some mean-girl internet prank.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Yeah all during that first hour I was all, I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but almost half of this state voted for a pervert who thinks we should revert back to the Constitution as it was in the 1780s. Slow your roll, guys.

Looking at the results, Jones was able to get over 90% of the Democratic vote from 2016. Moore got about half of the vote that Trump got in 2016. If the GOP runs a more credible Senatorial candidate in 2020, then Moore will lose.

1 minute ago, millennium said:

No kidding, what kind of passive-aggressive shit is that?   If you want to take her to task, just do it.   The fake concern is like some mean-girl internet prank.

Ha! I wonder if Mika will be excited if more women leave the White House ?

5 minutes ago, millennium said:

This explains that unbearable soccer segment a week or so ago:

Joe Scarborough Will Host New NBCSN Series About Premier League Soccer

This is hilarious!. I suspect Joe will appear less on Morning Joe or report from the bunker.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, millennium said:

But . .  but . .  but . . . she created the #supportforsarah hashtag . . . which I agree was a load of my beloved #freeSassy horseshit in that Mika doesn't give a rip about Sarah.  It's all about her KYV empire which pretty much exists just in her head as she keeps throwing pieces of it away with stunts like this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

But . .  but . .  but . . . she created the #supportforsarah hashtag . . . which I agree was a load of my beloved #freeSassy horseshit in that Mika doesn't give a rip about Sarah.  It's all about her KYV empire which pretty much exists just in her head as she keeps throwing pieces of it away with stunts like this.

SHS's dad went after Mika discussing morality ,family & marriage ! He's furious at Mika for attacking his daughter.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/mike-huckabee-slams-brzezinski-after-criticism-of-his-daughter-mika-can-go-pound-sand/

Will Joe retaliate?

• Love 4

What's with the awful camera work this morning?

I agree with Joe's comments about Republicans attacking Mueller.  I admit that I was shocked yesterday while listening to the hearing with Rod Rosenstein. What the Republicans have done lately reminds me about the old films we see from the McCarthy hearings. The other day when a Republican went down a list naming FBI team members to ask if they were good citizens made me very uncomfortable. This conversation on the show reflects the thoughts I have been having about these recent hearings.

Edited by madfortv
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, millennium said:

Speaking of Scarborough, he needs to stop with the Clintons.  Today it was using Bill Clinton to illustrate his point about tribalism.

He conveniently forgets the tribalism of the Dubya years, characterized not only by tribal madness but a drumbeat of war that got 5000+ U.S. troops killed.   In fact, Scarborough has such a blind spot when it comes to Bush that if you listen to him long enough you might come away believing that the Clinton presidency was followed by the election of Barack Obama.

You're right.  If there's a way Joe can work Bill Clinton into the conversation in a negative way, he goes for it.  He's like all republican men especially during that time.  They hate Bill and Hillary.

I'm also tired of people talking about how great things were under Reagan.  We were in denial and running up the family tab.  Ask Daddy Bush how great those years were.  He became the responsible parent who had to try to right the ship.  And wouldn't you know it, he didn't get a second term.  But Reagan got rid of deductions the middle class used.  Then he came after social security.  I guess Ryan said it worked once, let's try it again.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, madfortv said:

What's with the awful camera work this morning?

I agree with Joe's comments about Republicans attacking Mueller.  I admit that I was shocked yesterday while listening to the hearing with Rod Rosenstein. What the Republicans have done lately reminds me about the old films we see from the McCarthy hearings. The other day when a Republican went down a list naming FBI team members to ask if they were good citizens made me very uncomfortable. This conversation on the show reflects the thoughts I have been having about these recent hearings.

Democrats and Republicans are not truthful.  But, Republicans are seen as evil/selfish people.  They are the biggest hypocrites.  They don't care if you catch them in a lie and neither do their supporters.  As long as you're not a democrat, you're good.   Todays-republicans try to ruin people personally because they know only the rich can appreciate their policies.  CHIP anyone?

• Love 3

It's dark sweater day on Morning Joe. Mika is wearing her tight fitting black sweater. Joe didn't show up until 5 minutes into the show.

First topic was Omarosa leaving the White house. Mika was gleeful that Omarosa was kicked out of the White House. She said she tried to break into the family quarters.

Mika laughed at her being on the Apprentice.

Miss Know Your Value loves stories about women being physically removed from their offices as long as they are politically opposed to her.

Fereccio said she was a diversity hire. No one knew what she was doing in the White house.

Joe is happy that the GOP is suffering a 15 point gap in the generic ballott. They will get wiped out in November 2018.

No mention that if you transpose yesterday's election results in Albama to the Congress, the GOP would still win 6 of 7 districts. Gerrymandering is alive and well.

Joe got mixed up with "glass half full " analogies. Mika had trouble reading the teleprompter.

Kristen Soltis is in the library. She said the GOP is in trouble.

More polls !. Trump approval down to 32%. Worst ever. Trump is also unpopular with Democrats & African Americans. Dooom!

• Love 2

It' hilarious that this show is going back to discussing polls after trashing them 2 days ago in Alabama. They were in a range of +10- -10 for Moore.

Barnicle is upset that the GOP is upset about Peter Stork's text messages to Lisa Page. Mueller removed him from the probe.

Joe said that Trump can't fire Mueller.

Joe said the FBI protected America after 9/11 and should be respected.

It's hilarious that Joe won't comment on the specifics of why Stork was removed from the probe.

At 627 am Mika was reading the paper & drinking cocunut water. She was ignoring the tv camera. Does Mika realize that she is on TV?

Mika started moaning about Howard Baker being Chief of Staff during the Reagan era.

Joe attacked Huckabee for being a Pharisee. Joe does not want Mika to be judged. Joe trashed Huckabee for not knowing his bible verses.

Joe is doing a poor job of defending Mika. He said Mika lived in a bubble & didn't watch the Brady Bunch.

Mika is back tracking on her attacks on Sarah. Joe is mad at Mika's words being twisted.

The show is going off the rails again.

Will Joe applaud the tax cut for millionaires? 37% vs 39.6%. What will Joe doe with a few extra hundred thousand dollars per year ?

• Love 3

Mika offered Bill Krystal water and ordered him a hot beverage. His voice is always gravelly.

Why go after Omorosa not being fit for her "job"? What about Ivanka and Jared and the rest? Yeah. That includes trump.

• Love 3

6:35 AM.  The Republican party is dead!!!!  All the millenials have flown from the party! The death knell is tolling!   I need to point out that this is the 2nd death of the Republican party, not to be confused with the Republican party death, according to MJ, that occurred in the last 6 months of the election, up until approx. 9 PM on election night.

Mika and Joe's ribbing about Sassy and Roy Moore's bronze horse statue--sounds like mean kids in high school.

Omorosa--whatta piece of Reality Trash.  8 AM today she is shopping for a tell-all book, which she spoilered on the ABC interview.  You can't take the reality TV out of a person (IE Trump)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

No mention that if you transpose yesterday's election results in Albama to the Congress, the GOP would still win 6 of 7 districts. Gerrymandering is alive and well.

Wasn't President Obama gonna work on the district lines fiasco?  He best hurry.  No time for lectures.  Everyone knows the republicans fixed the lines.

• Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 6:48 AM, stormy said:

Joe interrupts Steve Schmidt to consult Willie. Ugh.  Why.

No one should ever interrupt Steve Schmidt. I love it when he gets going. I love his sense of history. Is he still a Republican? I don't remember ever hearing him say he had become an Independent. 

• Love 6

No one should ever interrupt Steve Schmidt. I love it when he gets going. I love his sense of history. Is he still a Republican? I don't remember ever hearing him say he had become an Independent. 

Every time Joe refers to himself as an Independent, it was a ring to me of someone humblebragging that they're a vegan.  Like "I'm cool, I'm with what's fresh and current."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Mika offered Bill Krystal water and ordered him a hot beverage. His voice is always gravelly.

Why go after Omorosa not being fit for her "job"? What about Ivanka and Jared and the rest? Yeah. That includes trump.

1 hour ago, stormy said:

Mika was taking a cheap shot at Omarosa.

Mika should know better since she was fired from CBS . It's not fun even if you don't like the person.

8 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Every time Joe refers to himself as an Independent, it was a ring to me of someone humblebragging that they're a vegan.  Like "I'm cool, I'm with what's fresh and current."

Joe is ridiculous with his Mr Independent label.

47 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

Schmidt gave a good speech yesterday. It would have been nice if someone on the panel asked him about why he picked Sarah Palin as VP?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika was taking a cheap shot at Omarosa.

Mika should know better since she was fired from CBS . It's not fun even if you don't like the person.

Oh is Mika not qualified as well?   I felt like she got breaks because of her father but I thought she was qualified.

12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

And those kind of people never stick to the plan.  They revert to old habits.

Edited by crossover
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

6:35 AM.  The Republican party is dead!!!!  All the millenials have flown from the party! The death knell is tolling!   I need to point out that this is the 2nd death of the Republican party, not to be confused with the Republican party death, according to MJ, that occurred in the last 6 months of the election, up until approx. 9 PM on election night.

Mika and Joe's ribbing about Sassy and Roy Moore's bronze horse statue--sounds like mean kids in high school.

Omorosa--whatta piece of Reality Trash.  8 AM today she is shopping for a tell-all book, which she spoilered on the ABC interview.  You can't take the reality TV out of a person (IE Trump)

Agreed. Is Joe an expert now on riding horses?

Joe forgot about bashing Obama for losing 1000 legislative seats since 2008 over the past few months.

The GOP is doomed story doesn't reflect reality whether you like it or not based on actual Governors , Congress, State Houses etc.

6 minutes ago, crossover said:

Oh is Mika not qualified as well?   I felt like she got breaks because of her father but I thought she was qualified.

And those kind of people never stick to the plan.  They revert to old habits.

Mika shouldn't be kicking people when they are fired. She didn't find it fun when it happened to her at CBS. She blamed the Dan Rather scandal & Katie Courics salary for losing her job.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. Is Joe an expert now on riding horses

No but my sister, who has been riding for over 20 years is, and she said the same thing, Roy Moore shouldn't be allowed to be on a horse if that's how he handles one.   I haven't been on a horse for a while but even I could tell just watching her that she's miserable, the way she tossing her head and he isn't in control of her. The crowd may have spooked her a little, but a good rider wouldn't have taken her into that melee, and she was upset prior to arriving around the crowd.  

Mika shouldn't be kicking people when they are fired. She didn't find it fun when it happened to her at CBS. She blamed the Dan Rather scandal & Katie Courics salary for losing her jo

Omarosa was a disaster waiting to happen, like the rest of the Senior Staff.   I don't feel sorry for any of those miscreants, fired or otherwise.  They shouldn't be allowed within 5 miles of the White House, let alone inside of it, doing whatever the fuck they're doing.  April Ryan confirmed with her sources that she did in fact go nuts, tried to get into the residence, and had to be removed. Of course SS isn't going to comment on it. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7

Roy Moore shouldn't be allowed to be on a horse if that's how he handles one.   I haven't been on a horse for a while but even I could tell just watching her that she's miserable, the way she tossing her head and he isn't in control of her. 

Maybe Sassy is a female horse, age between 13 and 16?  (rimshot)

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Maybe Sassy is a female horse, age between 13 and 16?  (rimshot)

He dresses like Woody from Toy Story so it's easier to attract young girls. I'm surprised he didn't get a bay instead of a pinto, and name it Bullseye. 

• Love 10

I'm glad Joe busted Kristol's chops a bit about his snark that Bannon didn't graduate from Harvard College, just Harvard Business School. The way to attack snotty elitism is not with more snotty elitism.

• Love 3

I was walking into and out of the room and only caught Roger's bit on this weekend's soccer matches in England.  What was that about Joe producing a Premier League documentary?  Was he trying to be breathlessly loving and weighty in his description of the Premier League?  This is going to be snarkily terrific.

• Love 1

He has a new show on NBC Sports Network that looks into the UK Premier League and the various clubs, rivalries, traditions etc.

(Small voice) It might be interesting if done well, but I like watching the Premier League.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

No but my sister, who has been riding for over 20 years is, and she said the same thing, Roy Moore shouldn't be allowed to be on a horse if that's how he handles one.   I haven't been on a horse for a while but even I could tell just watching her that she's miserable, the way she tossing her head and he isn't in control of her. The crowd may have spooked her a little, but a good rider wouldn't have taken her into that melee, and she was upset prior to arriving around the crowd.  

Omarosa was a disaster waiting to happen, like the rest of the Senior Staff.   I don't feel sorry for any of those miscreants, fired or otherwise.  They shouldn't be allowed within 5 miles of the White House, let alone inside of it, doing whatever the fuck they're doing.  April Ryan confirmed with her sources that she did in fact go nuts, tried to get into the residence, and had to be removed. Of course SS isn't going to comment on it. 

Horse people were up in arms for his mistreatment of her.  I'm not a horse person, and even I could tell he was tearing her mouth up.  Asshole.

• Love 7

Did anyone else notice that Joe mentioned Marco Rubio several times today?  I couldn't understand it.  Then.  I just saw where Rubio may be a "no" on the tax bill.  

Yeah he mentioned him yesterday too, something like he may end up a winner from all this Trump meshugas. All I could think of was Christie exposing him as a malfunctioning Robot Boy. (My favorite Christie moment, ever.) Don't worry, Joe, Monkey Boy Mario will fall in line.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kemper said:

Did anyone else notice that Joe mentioned Marco Rubio several times today?  I couldn't understand it.  Then.  I just saw where Rubio may be a "no" on the tax bill.  

Joe used to make fun of Rubio for being short & needing big boots in 2016. He laughed along with Trump.

Joe has been upset with Rubio since 2010. He was able to win the GOP nomination in 2010 for the Senate seat.

I think Joe wanted the GOP nomination given to him back then. He ws upset that he would have to compete or the job.

Joe probably likes Rubio now that he could derail Trump's agenda.  Lindsay Graahm was a friend of the show until he started supporting Trump's golf courses.

11 hours ago, Mumbles said:

He has a new show on NBC Sports Network that looks into the UK Premier League and the various clubs, rivalries, traditions etc.

(Small voice) It might be interesting if done well, but I like watching the Premier League.

I can't take Joe seriously when he talks about UK football. He is such as a poser.

• Love 1

Friday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker. Mika is off. Donny , Barnice, Heidi in the Library & Leigh Gallagher are on the show.

Joe wrote an article in the Post about Newtonian Physics. The GOP is doomed according to Joe. There is an opposite reaction to Trump's victory last year.

Everyone is excited about the Democratcs winning back 14 legislative seats after losing 1000 during the Obama era.

Joe bragged about women standing in lines to votes and African Americans rebelling against Trump.

Tim Ryan is on the panel. He said Trump lied about the tax cuts. The GOP is getting rid of the individual mandate. Can't people buy insurance anyway?

The panel said business & the wealthy will benefit from the tax cuts. The middle class tax cuts will expire in 2027.

• Love 1