Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I think Joe will get very angry today now that Trump has tweeted about low ratings Joe with the unsolved mystery in Florida (Lori Klautisis) being the next to be fired at NBC .

Joe s story about Matt Laur being nice to him at the NBC cafeteria made me laugh. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

And is there’s ANY situation that Peggy Noonan can’t shoehorn Pope John Paul II into? 

Is she alternating between Reagan and Pope JP II? 

I was wondering if she was just going to put her head down on the desk and take a nap.  Peggy they booked you last night. Shut off the vodka fountain by 10 so you get some sleep. 

I will say it was much more peaceful without Mika making her dipshit faces, pulling on her sleeves, rifling thru her purse, poking Joe in the side.   Maybe a little decaf would help? 

Also Joe's hair isn't so poofy today, is it?  

I don't know whether Trump has a mental disorder but it's very likely the stress of the Mueller investigation is getting to him. It's not like he was mentally fit before the campaign. 

The crazy shit he tweeted this morning? The paranoia is getting pretty bad. 

• Love 10

Joe did respond to Trumps tweet about Lori. He wrote that Trump was not well.

In light of this news at NBC , I wonder if Joe will disappear for the rest of the week.?

Its unusual for Joe to be in the NBC studio for more than 3 days consecutively.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Also Joe's hair isn't so poofy today, is it?  

It wasn't so poofy but his highlights are just to die for :)

also the makeup team was a little overboard on the false eyelashes today. Stephanie Ruhle and the other ladies in that group couldn't stop blinking cuz the lashes were so heavy and clearly uncomfortable.  

• Love 2

And will they terminate low ratings Joe Scarborough based on the “unsolved mystery” that took place in Florida years ago? Investigate!

What, did Joe drive a secretary off a bridge in New England and not report it until it was too late?? i know nothing about this....

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

What, did Joe drive a secretary off a bridge in New England and not report it until it was too late?? i know nothing about this....

There are mysterious circumstances involving a staffer in Joe's office who after jogging fainted or fell while in the office alone after hours, and hit her head causing her to die.  Joe retired soon afterward.  There wasn't a lot of coverage over it and it had the aroma of a coverup.  There is no evidence of any wrong doing, and it looks like it was just an unfortunate accident.  However, it's also the perfect circumstance for innuendo and conspiratorial imaginings.  Chandra Levy had been murdered shortly before that, and she had an affair with Congressman Gary Condit, so the same assumptions were made of Scarborough.

• Love 4

There is no evidence of any wrong doing, and it looks like it was just an unfortunate accident.  However, it's also the perfect circumstance for innuendo and conspiratorial imaginings.

I imagine as we speak, that idiotic "Project Veritas" is, under Trump's urging, taking on this case. Envision a Mika lookalike coming out and saying Joe groped her at one his dumb concerts

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Here is the quick version.....

Politifact did a very quick job of labeling this one "Pants on Fire". Usually takes them a few days.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/nov/29/donald-trump/donald-trumps-pants-fire-unsolved-mystery-attack-j/

1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

There are mysterious circumstances involving a staffer in Joe's office who after jogging fainted or fell while in the office alone after hours, and hit her head causing her to die.  Joe retired soon afterward.  There wasn't a lot of coverage over it and it had the aroma of a coverup.  There is no evidence of any wrong doing, and it looks like it was just an unfortunate accident.  However, it's also the perfect circumstance for innuendo and conspiratorial imaginings.

I DEMAND A CONGRESSIONAL INVESTIGATION INTO THIS MATTER IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

See what I did there? ;)

• Love 1

I wonder if Joe will specifically speak about this on the show tomorrow? His brother George, who Joe talked about often on the show as being such a big Trump fan, posted on Twitter that he was done with Trump for good unless he issued a public apology to Joe. The whole deal is getting a ton of press today, so it seems like something Joe might want to address. Does anyone remember if he has ever talked about it on the show before? 

On Mediaite they have a statement from Mika and she naturally condemns the tweet and says that that is all they will be saying about it, so I don't think they will be talking about it on the show. 

If you want a head-scratching laugh, Joe's brother tweeted that Trump owes Joe an apology and if he doesn't, then he (the brother) won't support Trump anymore. (The tweet is in Joe's Twitter.) To think that after all that has gone down between Mika/Joe and Trump, that the brother apparently had no problem with it (and that if Trump apologizes all is forgiven.). Very odd.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I will say it was much more peaceful without Mika making her dipshit faces, pulling on her sleeves, rifling thru her purse, poking Joe in the side.   Maybe a little decaf would help? 

I have to agree.   She has been annoying lately, even when she's not wasted.    I *hate* when she pulls the cutesy act at the beginning of the show, tilting her head and squinting her eyes, "Is this an SNL sketch we're watching?  Is it, Joe?  Noooo?  It looks like an SNL sketch.   Could it be?  Could it?"

STFU and choose who you want to be: serious news commentator or ditzy Gal Friday.   You can't have it both ways. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The crazy shit he tweeted this morning? The paranoia is getting pretty bad. 

The media needs to stop reporting on shit like the Scarborough tweet, the retconning of the Hollywood Access tape, the birtherism, etc.   By giving these lunacies utterance, they give them traction.  The Republican playbook has long been "repeat it enough and people will believe it."  CNN has an advertising campaign urging people to look beyond the chatter and the gaslighting/brainwashing attempts -- but then CNN devoted all of last night to the Hollywood Access tape bullshit.   Repeating again and again, "President Trump now believes the tape is a fake."   I wanted to scream or shatter my TV.   The world is coming down around us and the media -- including Scarborough this morning -- seems determined to keep breathing life into the freak show.    If the media stopped masturbating over this stuff en masse, it would marginalize Trump pretty quickly.   Can you imagine how he would react if his words were met with silence?   If the only people responding were his base? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gundysgirl said:

I wonder if Joe will specifically speak about this on the show tomorrow? His brother George, who Joe talked about often on the show as being such a big Trump fan, posted on Twitter that he was done with Trump for good unless he issued a public apology to Joe. The whole deal is getting a ton of press today, so it seems like something Joe might want to address. Does anyone remember if he has ever talked about it on the show before? 

Joe went ballistic when Marcos Mouliatsas from Media Matters mentioned the case of Joe's intern dying under suspicious circumstances. Joe convinced Phil Griffin to ban Moulitsas from all MSNBC programming.

In 2003, Don Imus had Joe as a guest on his show & joked with him about having sex with his intern & killing her. Joe laughed along.

It was a bizarre case because the medical examiner had a shady history. You can google the story for more details.

I would be shocked if Joe would comment publicly on Lori's death.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, millennium said:

The media needs to stop reporting on shit like the Scarborough tweet, the retconning of the Hollywood Access tape, the birtherism, etc.   By giving these lunacies utterance, they give them traction.  The Republican playbook has long been "repeat it enough and people will believe it."  CNN has an advertising campaign urging people to look beyond the chatter and the gaslighting/brainwashing attempts -- but then CNN devoted all of last night to the Hollywood Access tape bullshit.   Repeating again and again, "President Trump now believes the tape is a fake."   I wanted to scream or shatter my TV.   The world is coming down around us and the media -- including Scarborough this morning -- seems determined to keep breathing life into the freak show.    If the media stopped masturbating over this stuff en masse, it would marginalize Trump pretty quickly.   Can you imagine how he would react if his words were met with silence?   If the only people responding were his base? 

Joe admitted earlier this week that his show has benefited financially in terms of ratings  & bonuses since Trump was elected. It is very easy for Mika & Joe to come on the show every day & complain about the latest Trump tweet. No prep work required. Pre Trump, the show had good guests from various fields. It was a very informative show. Mika & Joe had antics but far less than now. Trump is the best thing that has happened to cable news in years. Morning Joe's ratings have tripled. It's bad for the country though. People come to my cubicle every day to ask me what is going in the USA because they know I follow US politics.

• Love 6

Morning Joe was the 85 highest rated show on cable tv yesterday with 1.116m viewers. Fox & Friends was as high as #44.

For some reason, Morning Joe only  has 1 rating per day whereas Fox & Friends gets 3 ratings per day.

It looks like it’s because each hour of Fox and Fiends is rated separately. (Look at the “start time” column.)

I never put much thought in F&F’s ratings.  That viewership will never watch “fake”news on a national network, or CNN or MSNBC.  The only competition F&F has is reruns of “Deputy Dawg.”

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 5

Navy Blue Thursday Recap. Joe is wearing a navy blue sweater. Mika is outraged at Trump's tweets. Joe said there was nothing to cover in the news today in a sarcastic voice.

Today's theme is that Trump is mentally unfit. Dr Joe said that Trump has dementia. Joe demands that the cabinet remove Trump from office.

Joe is now going through the list of cabinet members that should denounce Trump.

Mika pronounced Heidi's name properly without mocking her like she did on Monday.

Today , Mika pretends that North Korea is the top issue. LOL! Why won't Mika get on her high horse & denounce Matt Lauer?

Mika & Joe owe an apology to viewers for propping up Trump in 2015 & 2016 & after the election.

No mar A Largo this NYE for Mika & Joe.

Mika defends Joe for being involved in the murder of his intern. Joe is smirking. Not good.

Mika is reading a press release in her haughty know it all voice. We are not intimidated!

It's an emmy clip for Mika:)))

• Love 7

Why isn't Willie auditioning for the Today show job today?

Trump wants Chinaa to cutoff oil supply to North Korea.

New guy is Brian Klaas. Wars start with mistaken diplomatic signals. He made a good point about the first Gulf War. Saddam thought it was OK to invade Kuwait after a meeting with the USA ambadassador.

Mika & Joe will not comment specifically on the death of Joe's intern. Is that the best strategy?

Joe is worried about Tillerson not hiring more US diplomats in Asia. Joe said Tillerson is stupid? Joe is trashing Condi & Baker for recommending Tillerson. Joe played no part in this...... Too bad we don't have tape of the shows:))

• Love 2

Joe is shouting at the  GOP for being obsessed with tax cuts instead of focusing on Crazy Trump!

Joe is now mad at W Bush defenders who said he spent too much money & started wars in the Middle East.

Joe used to like Paul Ryan!.

Joe said the tax cuts aren't worth a nuclear war with Korea.

LOL! Joe. Where were you you in 2015 & 2016? Trump went after Mexicans, Muslims early in the campaign. You are just as much an enabler of Trump as the GOP. You wanted good ratings to make more money.

Joe forgot to use his old talking point of blaming Obama & Clinton for allowing North Korea to get militarily stronger over the past 20 years.

Mika is back to making fun of Trump's tweets. He used the wrong tweet account for Theresa May! Scandal!

Susan Fericio is on the set. She is stealing Elise Jordan's talking points about Crazy Trump. Perhaps, Elise left her talking points on the desk from her previous appearance.

Joe said the courts will use his tweets against the muslim ban.

• Love 4

Joe is still mad at Trump for defending fascists in the UK. Haas defended the misguided muslims in the "videos" who attacked citizens. Haas was happy that Bush spoke at a mosque in 2001. Not all muslims are terrorists.

It's odd that Richard Haas would refer to muslim terrorists as misguided.

Mika said she was early on Trump but she has never been wrong!. Joe laughed at her.

God it's hard listening to Mika pontificate about work relationships when she is the poster girl for it (maybe consensual sex isn't a good idea?  Geez Mika).  No wonder they had a tendency to steer clear of the topic especially when they are both on the set.

Why does she have a scarf wrapped around her left hand?

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Brian Klass was nearly weeping having to be an apologist for America's grand leader.

I'm tired of all the sexual harassment firings and stories until fat ass's fat ass is nailed. 

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

God it's hard listening to Mika pontificate about work relationships when she is the poster girl for it (maybe consensual sex isn't a good idea?  Geez Mika).  No wonder they had a tendency to steer clear of the topic especially when they are both on the set.

I find it odd for Mika to be spokesperson for sexual harassment. Does Mika ever wonder what would happened to her if she had rejected Joe's sexual advances in the early years of the show?

Mika is defending NBC News management? That's dumb. Matt Lauer has been doing this for 15 years. No one knew?

These people are supposed to be in the "news business". They are supposed to be inquisitive people.

• Love 4

I agree Stormy.  I know sex sells but right now I am terrified about that horrible tax plan and the fact that someone is helping NK develop a nuke that can hit the US.  Spend a bit of time going over the story but then please move on to real news that impacts real people.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

She is not wearing her ring and has been trying to hide it all week.  I wonder if they have really put things on hold or something.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, oakville said:

These people are supposed to be in the "news business". They are supposed to be inquisitive people.

To be honest, when I first turned the show on Joe was howling at the camera about something and Mika was repeating every few words.  It was like watching Diamond and Silk.

• Love 1

Mika doesn't know Matt but knew about him fooling around with co workers.

Joe said he was at an event & made fun of him having sex with co workers1. Everybody laughed at Matt.

Carol Lee is tearing up at having to laugh at matt Lauer's jokes.

Mika just said that consensual sex between co workers is not against the law but it is a bad idea 99 times out of 100. !!!!!!!! Joe is stone faced. Does Mika realize that Joe is a co worker? Is she delusional? Suffering from pre dementia? Perhaps NBC can get the cabinet together & remove her from the show:))

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Mmtx2002 said:

She is not wearing her ring and has been trying to hide it all week.  I wonder if they have really put things on hold or something.

Thanks MMTX2002.  The whole show has a weird vibe today and Mika looked like she was ready to explode when the show opened.

3 minutes ago, Mmtx2002 said:

I think you are on to something! Mika did say a few weeks ago that some members of her family are not supportive of the wedding.

1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

Thanks MMTX2002.  The whole show has a weird vibe today and Mika looked like she was ready to explode when the show opened.

Perhaps Mika has been informed about Joe's behavior at MSNBC or prior affairs he had?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Joe said he was at an event & made fun of him having sex with co workers1. Everybody laughed at Matt.

Carol Lee is tearing up at having to laugh at matt Lauer's jokes.

I must have missed this part.  How anybody who read the articles that came out last night about what Lauer did to that woman can even remotely joke or make light of the situation is beyond me and shows what a boor Scarborough is.  I did hear him dig up Peter Jennings again, classy.

8 minutes ago, Mmtx2002 said:

You know it took me a few minutes but it just made me laugh out loud that she may be wrapping a scarf around her hand to hide the fact that she is not wearing her engagement ring . . . how subtle.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

I must have missed this part.  How anybody who read the articles that came out last night about what Lauer did to that woman can even remotely joke or make light of the situation is beyond me and shows what a boor Scarborough is.  I did hear him dig up Peter Jennings again, classy.

Joe bragged at being at a Friar's event a few years ago with a thousand people attending. Matt Lauer was the guest of honor. He was roasted for doing the Today Show and having sex with multiple co workers after the show. Everyone laughed at the jokes. Carol Lee said that women attended the event & were expected to laugh at Matt Lauer being a ladies man.

Joe said consensual sex between co workers is OK. He should tell Mika!

• Love 1

Why did Joe drag poor Peter Jennings again into this hot mess?

And repeating several times about two thirds of Americans disgusted by the crazed lunatic's behavior (while having nuclear codes) is BS. How many of them put us in this situation and, God forbid, would do it again?

Ugh. Don't show Niki Haley. She willing works for said crazed lunatic. How does she different from the rest ? She has no credibility.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

What did I miss about Peter Jennings?  Were they implying he was doing the Lauer thang?

Apparently Jennings had a horn dog reputation but for me the cherry on top was when Joe pointed out the fact that friend of the show Halperin worked for Jennings indicating he learned bad behavior at the feet of his master.  Disgusting.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Not only does she pontificate about it, now she's claiming victim status due to women who advance their careers by sleeping with the boss.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

"Thank you, Bill Clinton, for starting all this," chirps in Mika during cross talk about philandering men.  What an absolute idiot. 

If she says, "this is not normal" again about Trump, she should be tazed. 

Apparently, to Mika, Bill Clinton was the first man to ever have an inappropriate relationship with a subordinate. It never happened before, especially not in politics. LOL! What an idiot. Actually, Bill Clinton was the first president (at least) who was ever held accountable for it -- however it turned out in the long run. He was impeached for cryin' out loud. He was embarrassed and his family, including his wife, was dragged through the muck. So, yeah, it was the start of *something,* but not what YOU think, Mika.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

To be honest, when I first turned the show on Joe was howling at the camera about something and Mika was repeating every few words.  It was like watching Diamond and Silk.

I think she envisions herself as his backup singer.

• Love 2

Why all the wasted talk about crazed lunatic being mentally unbalanced? 

This moron hasn't even submitted to a annual physical at Walter Reed, that is made public, like all other president have done.

• Love 1

This moron hasn't even submitted to a annual physical at Walter Reed, that is made public, like all other president have done.

And reveal to the public how fat and physically unhealthy he is?  Never going to happen.

This is the first episode of MJ I've seen in awhile and it seemed awkward.  Willie clearly, in my eyes, not wanting to talk about Matt Lauer; the talk about consensual sex between coworkers being mostly bad with those two sitting there.  Just weird to me.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

• Love 7