Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe is shouting about the lack of ambassadors in many countries. Joe used the term "ass" on live TV.

I predict joe will get bleeped by the end of this show.

Mika said Trump is not fit to be President.

Joe is now saying people will get hurt by Trump's tweets.

6 minutes ago, millennium said:

I was just going to ask if her coffee is Irish this morning.   But actually she seems stoned.

I wonder if they went to a late party last night & just showed up on set. Mika is wild today!. Did she take some ADHD pills?

She has theories about everything!

Mika is going on about MAGA Pill website. Joe is scared about her behavior.

Joe said they would play clips of his new Trump Christmas album! Mika beamed at Joe.

• Love 4

I wonder if an unnamed source will contact the Washington Post and insist that Scarborough and Mika have a responsibility to notify the viewers when they are wasted. 

(Did you see Mika's fucked-up grin at the 7 am mark?  LOL)

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

Looks like Mika and Joe got yelled at by the hall monitor during the top of the hour break as they have really settled down.  Many and sincere thanks to those that commented on Mika's hair today, I was literally crying I was laughing so hard . . . :)

• Love 3

Mika brought up the John Conyers story. Joe wants due process for the Congress. Joe said he did not know about the Sexual Harassment Slush Fund when he was in Congress. Joe is mad that all of criticism of Conyers. Joe repeated that he has dementia  & shows up in pajamas at meetings & Arab Museums.

Joe is YELLING about all of achievements of Conyers who was one of the first  African Americans in Congress.

Joe said Conyers was an ICON!!! . Joe bashed the Bible thumpers in Pensacola that used to vote for him. Wow!

Joe is shouting about being proved right that Trump has dementia based on the tv interviews in 1999 vs today. Joe said he will be remembered.

Joe is mad at people who are complaining about H.W. Bush

Mika is now crying about her friend's dad who is in his early 90's. It's time for him to go home!. Where is he?

Mika's voice is crackling because of her dad's behavior in the last few years. Mika's mom must be furious at Mika complaining about her dad's behaviors.

• Love 3

I doubt she has the psyche to go stoned in public. Weed probably gives her the paranoyas. I think what we have here, ladies and gents, is booze and uppers. But whatever the components, this is a freaking stunning display this morning.

• Love 6

OMG! Mika put her hands in her sweater & is making noises about " What is happening to us? "

Mika is waiving her arms from left to right.

This show is wild!

Joe is mad about Alabama losing the football game. Mika had no clue about the game.

I think clips from today's show will go viral. I have never seen her this erratic before. I wish I did't have to work today. I will catch up later.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 5

No snark here-are you all really being serious about the "stoned" stuff? Because I've noticed that they both seem a little ODD this morning, and I guess that could explain it. But would they really be that unprofessional? Unless everyone's just kidding, in which case-nevermind...

• Love 3

At 710 am, Joe went wild again shouting, moaning, about Trump's tax policy. Joe is really MAD at TRUMP.

There are no more words to describe this performance by Mika & Joe.

Mika told Joe that if he became a Democrat , she would watch football with him & make him happy.......

4 minutes ago, TVForever said:

No snark here-are you all really being serious about the "stoned" stuff? Because I've noticed that they both seem a little ODD this morning, and I guess that could explain it. But would they really be that unprofessional? Unless everyone's just kidding, in which case-nevermind...

Mika has definitely taken something. Her mood has shifted from laughing,mocking,crying in a 1 hour. The joking about Prysbala's name pronounciation has never been done before.

It reminds of Elaine shouting STELLA! on Seinfeld after taking pain pills at Seinfeld's parents house in Boca.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, TVForever said:

No snark.   Mika was so nuts in the first two minutes that I almost switched off (glad I didn't).   She's calmed down a little now but that first hour was over the top.   And Scarborough was ranting until he was almost hysterical.

"If I were a Democrat, I would win NINE. TEE. NINE. PER! CENT! OFTHEVOTE!"

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

It reminds of Elaine shouting STELLA! on Seinfeld after taking pain pills at Seinfeld's parents house in Boca.

hahaha!

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

I rarely get to see this show, which comes on at 3:00 AM on the West Coast -- but saw the first hour today.    Was Mika drunk?  For example, stopping the whole show to keep interrupting to ask Heidi how to pronounce her last name.  She's like someone at a party who is loudly walking up to people having normal conversations and shouting random opinions at them without realizing she is shouting or that they are talking about something else. 

• Love 8

Oh no there she goes with those damn sleeves again . . . oy.

When she said to that woman she was interviewing our phones are going to be blowing up that is true Mika but each of your messages are going to be taking an entirely different path.

Edited by Chloesmom
Spelling.
  • Love 3

Now Mika is sounding like she is talking v.e.r.y c.a.r.e.f.u.l.l.y and enunciating like she is trying to convince a state trooper that she is not buzzed.  And did she really just compare sexual predators to  women "who sleep their way to the top"?  But not her, she is careful to tell everyone.  

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, jjj said:

I rarely get to see this show, which comes on at 3:00 AM on the West Coast -- but saw the first hour today.    Was Mika drunk?  For example, stopping the whole show to keep interrupting to ask Heidi how to pronounce her last name.  She's like someone at a party who is loudly walking up to people having normal conversations and shouting random opinions at them without realizing she is shouting or that they are talking about something else. 

What makes me think they're stoned is that they both seem visibly impaired.   

Oh look!   They are NOT re-running today's first half hour!   They're using the Friday show footage.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, millennium said:

What makes me think they're stoned is that they both seem visibly impaired.   

Oh look!   They are NOT re-running today's first half hour!   They're using the Friday show footage.

Is this from Friday? OMG!

ETA: This isn't from Friday, they've just cleaned up the first 30 minutes, eliminating the worst of the drunken rampage.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 3

Ohhhhhh. You can't make this stuff up. During the discrimination interview Mika actually went there: those who label women as "sleeping their way to the top" and deter women from speaking up and saying "He has a crush on me." ??? A stunning lack of self-awareness.

She once reported a superior who propositioned her sexually, and she was better off for the experience. (Marrying the current boss? Score!!! Evidently.)

• Love 7

No, wait, now it's today's show rebroadcast.   What they did is edit out the first six or seven minutes where Mika was bonkers (which I complained about at 6:02), spliced in the segment about Flynn, and then cut back to today's broadcast.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, millennium said:

No, wait, now it's today's show rebroadcast.   What they did is edit out the first six or seven minutes where Mika was bonkers (which I complained about at 6:02), spliced in the segment about Flynn, and then cut back to today's broadcast.   

That editor deserves combat pay for cleaning that shit show up.  Can you imagine what must be going on behind the scenes right now?

• Love 6

They called on Harold Ford during the first 20 minutes of the show and he declined to participate. I don't remember how he phrased it but he declined. Mika was swanning with something in her seat and kept slipping into the shot of the guy between her and Harold. I thought she was winding/tying a scarf or shrugging into a blazer but when next we saw her she looked the same, with demure hands on table top. At one point a couple of crew members, visible on camera, ambled across the set in front of the panel and Mika displayed interest in their progress.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, oakville said:

I did that last week while drinking Stella Artois.  Only one other person at the table got it.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I did that last week while drinking Stella Artois.  Only one other person at the table got it.

There are several youtube channels that show unauthorized rebroadcasts of Morning Joe on a daily basis.   Want to bet MSNBC is a little more vigilant today about cleaning those up?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Can you imagine what must be going on behind the scenes right now?

We can hope Page Six or whoever Joe was ranting about will be all over this. We could get two consecutive shows like today!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, suomi said:

We can hope Page Six or whoever Joe was ranting about will be all over this. We could get two consecutive shows like today!

The Morning Joe twitter feed replies are already mentioning mandatory drug tests before the show starts.  It's really a shame as today they have/had really terrific guests on but aside from this gentlemen that used to be in the State department it's all been wasted (pardon the pun).

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, millennium said:

Wow! I think the network must realize that that part of the first  30 minutes was too embarrassing to be shown again.

MSNBC should demand that Mika & Joe provide blood & urine samples when the show goes off air this morning. Their behavior is not normal even by their own standards.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Wow! I think the network must realize that that part of the first  30 minutes was too embarrassing to be shown again.

MSNBC should demand that Mika & Joe provide blood & urine samples when the show goes off air this morning. Their behavior is not normal even by their own standards.

I truly do feel sorry for the behind the scenes folks.  The last segment they edited cut Heilemann off at the end of his sentence.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, oakville said:

They're reckless and stupid, or maybe just arrogant.   They've put themselves out there as high profile Trump critics, which means Trump and his team are just waiting for any slip-up or scandal that can be used to discredit them -- and then they go and do this.

• Love 6

It probably won't matter if Trump jumps on the behavior of the two Gold Dust Twins this morning.  Any clips airing the behavior will probably just generate more viewers.  Kind of like slowing down for a car accident.  Winning!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh my goodness Suomi, that photo truly does say it all!  I haven't laughed this much without alcohol in my system in years . . . :)

Well, looks like that's all folks . . . 

Mika looks like she's channeling Allie Sheedy from the Breakfast Club in that photo.

• Love 4

The discussion about the decimation of the State Department is why I watch this show. I don't know if Tillerson is incompetent, bored, emasculated by the White House, or truly as evil as the others, but all are reasons for him to resign. The career employees at State are bright, hard-working, and sacrifice stable and safe home lives stateside to make sure American citizens are safe abroad. And yes, I agree with the guest that Condoleezza Rice and Robert Gates all owe us apologies for their effusive praise of this guy when none of us civilians had heard of him. And, IIRC, this show jumped on the Tillerson bandwagon early under some lazy reasoning that because he had risen so high at Exxon he was qualified to direct the country's foreign policy apparatus.

• Love 10

Rice, Gates, Baker etc all actually PUSHED for Tillerson.  I remember the events well.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/rex-tillerson-robert-gates-condoleezza-rice/index.html.    (RiceHeadleyGates is a strategic consulting firm.)

I agree that the discussion concerning Tillerson's assassination of the State Dept was worthwhile, except nobody ever talks about the elephant in the room, that is, Tillerson is just another fox in the henhouse appointed by DT.  It's not really Tillerson blowtorching State -- it's the Boss.

I'm sorry I missed the first half-hour of the show though.  You all had me laughing.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

Trump tweeted about Morning Joe this morning. He wrote that no one cares about their fake Friday show because the ratings are terrible.

I am sure that Joe will retaliate tomorrow.

I think Joe may have tweeted something about Trump this morning, and then took it down. I didn't see it, but Joe tweeted that he had taken down his Trump tweets.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The discussion about the decimation of the State Department is why I watch this show.

If you want more insight into Tillerson at State, check out the Fresh Air podcast "How Russia Helped Trump Win", from last week. Luke Harding, a reporter from UK is interviewed on collusion and how Tillerson is all part of the grand scheme by Russia to get people they want into key roles in our government. It is terrifying. 

• Love 6

Joe is shouting about the lack of ambassadors in many countries. Joe used the term "ass" on live TV.

Oakville, during this thanksgiving season, I am thankful for YOU.....r recaps.  I could sit here all morning and read "Joe is mad at..."  "Joe is shouting at.."  (in fact--i DO sit here all morning and read that)

I was lying in the bathtub listening and wondering where the party was?  Did they all stop off at the Pot Candy food truck before the taping?? And then Mika pontificating about women who, wait for it, SLEEP WITH THEIR BOSSES to get a promotion!!!! 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

Rice, Gates, Baker etc all actually PUSHED for Tillerson.  I remember the events well.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/rex-tillerson-robert-gates-condoleezza-rice/index.html.    (RiceHeadleyGates is a strategic consulting firm.)

A strategic consulting firm that works for RexxonMobil, which has a mutli-billion dollar drilling deal with Russia and Putin that is being blocked by US sanctions.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oakville, during this thanksgiving season, I am thankful for YOU.....r recaps.  I could sit here all morning and read "Joe is mad at..."  "Joe is shouting at.."  (in fact--i DO sit here all morning and read that)

I was lying in the bathtub listening and wondering where the party was?  Did they all stop off at the Pot Candy food truck before the taping?? And then Mika pontificating about women who, wait for it, SLEEP WITH THEIR BOSSES to get a promotion!!!! 

Thanks.!  Today was a wild show. The recaps are usually easy to do because Joe is usually mad at Trump & blâmes Obama for something.

Mika seems to be oblivious to what people say about her relationship with Joe.

• Love 4

Trump calling General Kelly "Chief," then dropping a "Pocahontas" on his guests under the portrait of Andrew Jackson ought to amp these lunatics off the charts, combined with his support of Putin's war on journalists... tomorrow morning ought to be a doozy.

• Love 4