Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The whole situation with Mika and Joe is not even in the same hemisphere as professional. He hires her because she's "hot", takes part of his bonus and gives it to her without her knowledge, instead of just going to Phil Griffin and demanding that her contract be renegotiated to reflect her work and value on the show. 

I'm sure her comments are based on "well everyone hooks up with their boss/coworker because I did".   Mika's world view is her mirror.  If it happens to me, it must be happening to everyone. 

Mika was in a very desperate situation in 2007 prior to benig hired on Morning Joe. . She had lost her job at CBS & was doing overnight teaser shifts for MSNBC. Joe became her "saviour".

4 minutes ago, cased said:

So, I was just looking something up on zillow, and I accidentally selected the link in my browser history from when someone was talking about Joe's house in New Canaan a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I was surprised to notice that it is for sale. It has been on the market for about a week.

Will this be the end of the CT bunker?

The house on Zillow is the home of the CT bunker. Joe has mentioned owning several acres of land in CT. Perhaps they will build 2 bunkers in their new home. They could each have their own bunker to make it look like they are in separate studios. They did this trick this past summer when they were in London UK. Mika also wants space to raise her chickens.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, novhappy said:

young ladies,  only have an early dinner with coworkers, don't drink too much. Mind your Ps and Qs.

Is that a quote?  This leads us to the question, how, exactly, is she a progressive?  "Ladies inhibit the full experience of your lives, because all men are predators.  If you let your guard down, you only have yourself to blame."  She's as regressive and anti-feminist as Ted Cruz or that pig from Alabama.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, novhappy said:

It's not a straight quote. It's a summary of the lecture she's been directing at women for the past two days. 

Who is she to lecture anyone?   Even putting aside her dalliance with Douchebro, what qualifies her to posture as a spokesperson for women?   She reads the news.   And not very well at that.   Too many people today are under the delusion that sitting before a camera and microphone magically bestows wisdom or relevance upon them.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

Wednesday Recap. Mika is wearing a navy blue top. Joe is wearing a suit. They are together in the studio for 3 days straight.

It's pop culture day. Mika acknowledged liking the Partridge Family, The Brady Bunch, Seinfeld, Arrested development & the Office. She liked David Cassidy.

Mika said she does not watch tv anymore.

The panel is mad that Trump did not denounce Roy Moore. He wants the vote in the senate. He is mad at Mitch McConnel for encouraging him to support Luther Strange. Strange lost the primary.

KCDC got her rock intro.

The only topic today is Trump destroying the GOP by supporting Roy Moore. Heilemann is giddy.

No  discussion so far about Congressmen Conyers sexual harassment or Charlie Roe or Glenn Thrush.

I wonder if Joe told Mika to stop discussing sexual harassment while he is on the set.

Joe & Willie think that Trump likes fighting with Levar Ball over getting his son released from a Chinese Jail.

Richard Haas discussed Syria, Iran & Zimbabwe. Iran has control over Syria & Southern Iraq. ( They are shiite areas).

Surpriingly, they were aware that Mugabe resigned. Joe said Mugabe was a hero in the early 1980's. Haas said Rhodesia was a wealthy country that is a mess now due to Mugabe's leadership.

Joe convinced Haas to complain about tax cuts raising the debt. Is Haas now an economics expert?

The panel had no comment on foreign policy.

Back to tax reform. KCDC thinks that Trump can undermine the tax reform.

KCDC has had a bad week after trying to defend Franken by saying he was mock groping Leanna Tweeden & saying that her favourite story was hearing about Senator Rand Paul getting his ribs broken by his neighbour over a battle of lawn care issues.

KCDC had to apologize on twitter. She cannot support the assault on a US Senator.

Mika made KCDC discuss John Conyers sexual harassment allegations. Mika's intro was KC, John Conyers Go!

The panel laughed at the intro. Sexual Harassment is hilarious when a 88 year old Democrat is facing Harassment Allegations. Viewers should forget about yesterday's show where Mika went on tirade after tirade for an hour about sexual harassment.

Conyers has been showing up at meetings in pajamas. He is not mentally fit to hold the job according to Joe.

Heileman said that Mika & Joe has shown up on set in their pajamas.

• Love 3

At 657 am, Joe starts talking to Willie about technological advances during World War 2. Mika gets bored & puts her purse on the table & starts cleaning it out. She took out some boxes of makeup. Mika has a white purse inside the black purse.

They are discussing the taco bell thanksgiving meal. Mika is furious. Susan Fericiio looks baffled. Heileman,Joe & Willie are in awe of the Taco Bell Menu.

Mika then interrupts to say that she got a new dog, Cali who is an emotional support dog. It's hilarious.

I suppose after yesterday's angry show, today is much more light hearted.

They are trying to have two discussions at the same time. Mika is moaning over the dog. Joe is talking about his tacos.

• Love 2

I get so bored with every show opening with Roy Moore, that MJ is just background noise.

Is anyone, and that includes you binary choice voters, surprised that a man caught on tape bragging about his disgusting sexual conquests, backs another sexual predator?

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, oakville said:

Conyers has been showing up at meetings in pajamas. He is not mentally fit to hold the job according to Joe.

John Heileman - GO!

Thanks as always for the recaps Oakville and Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, oakville said:

The panel is mad that Trump did not denounce Roy Moore. 

I'm not sure we were watching the same show this morning.   I saw nothing -- not a word, not an inflection -- that indicated anger or outrage over Trump's sickening decision to support Roy Moore.   *I* was mad, that's for sure.  Mad that this show helped to NORMALIZE Trump's depravity by discussing the matter in the casual tones of political calculus rather than with the disgust and condemnation it deserves.   They could have been discussing the turkey pardon for all the heat the conversation generated.

This team has subjected its audience to so many false "could this be the turning point?" moments, yet when confronted by an actual turning point, where American courage, honor and morality begins its death spiral into apathy and meaninglessness, they kick back and behave as if it's just another morning.  

They were more interested and engaged during their bullshit five-minute "free association" session than they were that the nation's leader has sold our soul to the dark side.

Oh, and Mika, if you want to pretend to be the icon of modern-day feminism, career woman role-model, or television avatar of all things powerful and female, stop threatening that you're going to "clean out my purse" when you don't like what the men are talking about -- or worse, actually take out your purse and start emptying it onto the desk.   You should also rethink lapsing into a cutesy girlish voice when talking about your dog.   I can only imagine what the other women guests (you know, the real journalists, etc.)  think of you.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Bwahaha! Maybe Heileman and Nicole Wallace are planning a coup by convincing management that Joe & Mika are mentally unfit. I'll sign a petition if it'll help.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

I'm hitting the road this morning (will be available on mobile only until I return on Sunday) and want to wish an early Happy Thanksgiving to this great group of people, and a Happy Thursday to our favorite Canadian Oakville!

Happy Thanksgiving to you & everyone else on the forum. I have to work tomorrow , but I will have a turkey sandwich in the spirit of the occasion.

18 minutes ago, millennium said:

I'm not sure we were watching the same show this morning.   I saw nothing -- not a word, not an inflection -- that indicated anger or outrage over Trump's sickening decision to support Roy Moore.   *I* was mad, that's for sure.  Mad that this show helped to NORMALIZE Trump's depravity by discussing the matter in the casual tones of political calculus rather than with the disgust and condemnation it deserves.   They could have been discussing the turkey pardon for all the heat the conversation generated.

This team has subjected its audience to so many false "could this be the turning point?" moments, yet when confronted by an actual turning point, where American courage, honor and morality begins its death spiral into apathy and meaninglessness, they kick back and behave as if it's just another morning.  

They were more interested and engaged during their bullshit five-minute "free association" session than they were that the nation's leader has sold our soul to the dark side.

Oh, and Mika, if you want to pretend to be the icon of modern-day feminism, career woman role-model, or television avatar of all things powerful and female, stop threatening that you're going to "clean out my purse" when you don't like what the men are talking about -- or worse, actually take out your purse and start emptying it onto the desk.   You should also rethink lapsing into a cutesy girlish voice when talking about your dog.   I can only imagine what the other women guests (you know, the real journalists, etc.)  think of you.

The panel is happy that Trump supports Moore so that the Democrats can use it against him & other GOP candidates in 2018. 

If Trump had denounced Moore, they would be happy that he was starting a fight with Bannon . 

Joe admitted that Trump is good for ratings & record revenues at MSNBC. 

What will they do if Trump resigns? 

Pence is boring.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

The panel is happy that Trump supports Moore so that the Democrats can use it against him & other GOP candidates in 2018. 

I grew up in Red Sox country.   I am conditioned to believe that even the most favorable conditions and the most promising outlooks can fall apart in the space of a single inning.   I have no faith the Democrats will be able to weaponize any part of what amounts to an arsenal that Trump has given them. 

• Love 8

Is Masha Gessen the oddest looking person on the set ever?
Green/blue fingernail polish.  2+ thumb rings.  10 inch-wide shoulders.  Pale... so pale.  Humongous statement glasses.  A fitted grey wool blazer with black collar.  Pen in her front jacket pocket.  An Oxford button down.  Ungainly, unruly hair in a boy's cut.  Harsh blush (unless that's just not actual blushing).  Jeans.  I bet her feet are dangling and don't touch the ground (super petite).
Super brainy, though.
Her comment about the uncertainty that democratic freedom provides, is genius.  It explains why the stupids elected Trump.

She's dry, but she's incredibly smart and articulate.  She'd be a great regular guest.  (She said that Glenn Thrush went on 2 bad dates, and Mika interrupts to say Thrush had it coming because alcohol was involved in an office setting.  Fuck you, Mika)

• Love 3

At 657 am, Joe starts talking to Willie about technological advances during World War 2. Mika gets bored & puts her purse on the table & starts cleaning it out. She took out some boxes of makeup. Mika has a white purse inside the black purse.

They are discussing the taco bell thanksgiving meal. Mika is furious. Susan Fericiio looks baffled. Heileman,Joe & Willie are in awe of the Taco Bell Menu.

Mika then interrupts to say that she got a new dog, Cali who is an emotional support dog. It's hilarious.

God am I glad I was watching "Godless" on Netflix and not this shit show. 

I did hear in the 8 am rerun that Mika loves Arrested Development. That's great, except she identifies with Lucille. 

Best of Mika Bluth 

Safe Travels MyAimIsTrue! 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It was one of the worst ever episodes of cross-talk gibberish about pointless topics thought to be cute.  It was cringeworthy, especially the confusion and discomfort in the eyes of the guests.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I plan to start "Godless" any day now.

I simply switched off MJ and put on some music.   Not Partridge Family.  Mika kinda ruined that for me today.   Who would have thought Danny Bonaduce would outlive David Cassidy?   Or any of them?   But Keith's the second one to go to the grave prematurely, following Tracy (Suzanne Crough).   A Partridge Family curse?    Maybe something they picked up at the Haunted Hall:

partridge-family-front.jpg

Full disclosure: I ordered this from the Scholastic Book Club in fourth grade and actually read it.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, millennium said:

I grew up in Red Sox country.   I am conditioned to believe that even the most favorable conditions and the most promising outlooks can fall apart in the space of a single inning.   I have no faith the Democrats will be able to weaponize any part of what amounts to an arsenal that Trump has given them. 

Ha! I remember when the Democrats ran à Senate candidate against Scott Brown who did not know who Curt Shilling was.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Haven't the panel learned their lesson?  The Dems used the Access Hollywood tape in 2016, that wasn't a winning strategy.  

• Love 1

Exactly.

Dems - talk about getting internet into rural areas,  re instituting net neutrality if that vote goes thru, alt energy jobs in coal mining towns, college tuition 100% tax deductible, raising min wage,  phasing in single payer healthcare, raise taxes on wealthy and fix failing schools, infrastructure, etc.

Fuck Roy Moore. The people that support him would support him if he was found guilty of crucifying Jesus Christ himself, because he's not a Democrat (Moore not Jesus). People including women who voted for Trump proved they could care less about women being harassed and assaulted.  

• Love 8

Full disclosure: I ordered this from the Scholastic Book Club in fourth grade and actually read it.

I used to steal money from my Dad's wallet to order Scholastic Book Club books.  I remember checking off the form and handing it in. Who steals money to buy books??

Happy Thanksgiving to you & everyone else on the forum. I have to work tomorrow , but I will have a turkey sandwich in the spirit of the occasion.

Have a warm cookie too.  Someone told me once, somewhere, that Canadians love cookies.....

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Who steals money to buy books??

Better than stealing money to buy drugs!  I used to sneak a couple dollars from my mom's purse.  I remember the Scholastic Order Forms too!  There was a book called Born to Race about a  girl on a VA horse farm who trained a foal to run in the Derby. I wore that thing out. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I plan to start "Godless" any day now.

I simply switched off MJ and put on some music.   Not Partridge Family.  Mika kinda ruined that for me today.   Who would have thought Danny Bonaduce would outlive David Cassidy?   Or any of them?   But Keith's the second one to go to the grave prematurely, following Tracy (Suzanne Crough).   A Partridge Family curse?    Maybe something they picked up at the Haunted Hall:

partridge-family-front.jpg

OMG, I remember buying and reading this book in my childhood.

• Love 2

I had that book too!

When is Mika just finally going to blurt out that she was assualted or harassed by Bill and/or Hilary? Didn’t she say the other day that Bill Clinton should “immediately” apologize to women? Jesus, it’s not the 90s. I can’t think of any other reason why she hates the two of them sooo much.

Damn am I loving no Halperin. Although every so often I’ll see a dark-haired man on the panel and get scared that it’s him. 

• Love 5

Mimi Friday Recap. I only saw a few minutes of the show since it started at 7 am. I was watching New Day with Chris Red Bull Cuomo earlier. That guy looks like he could explode any minute. 

Mika & Joe Katty & Willie pre taped the Thanksgiving show. They pretended that it was Friday & asked everyone how much Turkey they had.

Leigh Gallagher was on set. She used to be  a regular panelist.

Everyone hates the tax reform plan because it cuts races on the rich unless they live in a State with high state & property taxes.

Joe was furious that he can't deduct his Connecticut taxes against his federal taxes. Joe said he pays too much taxes.

Tim Carney said the GOP should pass the tax cuts even if it not popular. The GOP is doomed after 2018 anyway , so make the donors happy.

Katty said that Trump voters want a wall & cuts to immigration. They also want tariffs on China. Trump is not delivering on that.

Mika complained about Ivanka refundable child tax credit. It was minimal. Mika said  the credit would not even pay for one of her kids LongChamps bags.

Mika wants someone in the Trump administration to be a voice for women.

• Love 3

Mika & Joe interviewed Joy Behar who has written a book about Trump. She is unable to have dinner with Trump supporters.

She said there is no hope for Americans to live with Trump supporters. Mika & Joe still want to be able to have conversations with Trump supporters & explain to them what is wrong with Trumpism.

Barnicle said the Democrats lack courage & couldn't beat Trump today.

Joe was proud of Jeff Flake & Bob Corker for going after Trump.

Behar said there are no Trump supporters in Manhattan.

Joe said that Claire Macaskill financed  Todd Aiken's campaign  & gave him money to run against her. She was able to defeat him easily.

Mika was excited about going on The View in a few weeks.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Oooof, this is really picking up steam.  They are getting slammed on both Page Six and are the front headline right now on Daily Mail.  I already set a reminder for myself to make sure I am watching on Monday as I want to see if/how they address this.  To be honest, this was just an incredibly stupid thing to do.  First off, it's insulting to your audience as it took about 30 seconds to figure out what they did but considering they have turned off many viewers with their rewriting of their history with Trump this type of ham handed deception is baffling.  

• Love 3

A lot of soft news/entertainment shows like The View do pre-recorded shows and are shady about whether they are pre-recorded. The fact that this show touts itself as a news show and pulled this stunt is very shabby - even though discerning viewers like ourselves figured it out.

Joe said that Claire Macaskill financed  Todd Aiken's campaign  & gave him money to run against her. She was able to defeat him easily.

Hunh? I googled this to see what this was about and came up dry. Was he exaggerating? (Are you exaggerating?) 

I have no problem at all with them pre-taping a show, but they should have just done a generic beginning. All the small talk pretending it was the day after Thanksgiving was just dumb. 

I think they did this in past years, though. I remember for sure that they did it last year.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Hunh? I googled this to see what this was about and came up dry. Was he exaggerating? (Are you exaggerating?) 

Exaggeration of course. During the primaries, Claire ran a clever ad that got the RWNJs all riled up so that they would go out and vote for the more radical Republican over the somewhat more moderate guy and sure enough, they voted for Akins to run against her and she was able to beat him when he started talking about rape.  She didn't fund him but she ran a very clever race against him and the Repubs have made up all sorts of stories because they don't want to admit that a Democrat, especially a woman Democrat, could beat one of their own in a red state.

• Love 3

Sounds like a crazy risk to take. Like assuming Trump would be easy to beat in a general election. But I wouldn’t expect a soulless hack like McCaskill to actually, you know, run on issues and her own merits. Hell, the demented muppet wouldn’t rule out voting for the Trump tax plan the last time she was on this show. 

• Love 1

It's silly to call them deceptive in pretending their Friday show was after Thanksgiving -- but it indicates that they think of their show as entertainment rather than news, like the "Live with Kelly" and "The View".  The evening shows of Hayes, Maddow, O'Donnell also pretaped their shows, and started each show by saying it was a "special Thanksgiving" episode, clearly prerecorded, although they did not use that word.  

6 hours ago, Mumbles said:

A lot of soft news/entertainment shows like The View do pre-recorded shows and are shady about whether they are pre-recorded. The fact that this show touts itself as a news show and pulled this stunt is very shabby - even though discerning viewers like ourselves figured it out.

• Love 3

The pre-taped "live" show is another example of the entitlement and...dare I say...clout these two have.  Why couldn't they have taken their time off (yes, I know...it seems like at least one of them is never in-studio) and given the show to other co-hosts for the three hours?  It is not like MSNBC doesn't have qualified on-air people to take over the "hosting" duties.   Maybe that is the problem. 

• Love 3

The pre-taped "live" show is another example of the entitlement and...dare I say...clout these two have.  Why couldn't they have taken their time off (yes, I know...it seems like at least one of them is never in-studio) and given the show to other co-hosts for the three hours?  It is not like MSNBC doesn't have qualified on-air people to take over the "hosting" duties.   Maybe that is the problem. 

Well, like jjj said, other shows did pretaped episodes. And I think Chris Jansing was on the early shift on Thanksgiving Day.

Liars that lie. How many times do they think they can lie about their location, the fact the show isn't live, and when they did start their relationship (while still married to others, or not).

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Joe mentioned McCaskill's support for Aiken in the GOP Primary . Here is her article in Politico explaining her strategy.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/08/todd-akin-missouri-claire-mccaskill-2012-121262

Joe is outraged at the writer of the article on their pre-taped Friday show. He has called him & the Post out for using unnamed sources. He has been busy tweeting at author of the article.

I think Joe will be mad at Chuck Todd tomorrow after his interview with Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi defended Conyers as an icon of the Congress.

Joe was a  strong defender of Congressman Conyers & believes that the sexual harassment settlements are related to his dementia.

I think it was hilarious when Mika did a report from the NBC News studio in London & Joe was in a secret UK bunker & they pretended to be in different countries.

• Love 3

Just curious when this harassment and settlement took place.  Conyers is 88 now.

I don't have a problem with them cleaning house per se.  But I think the Democrats may get people like Franken and Conyers to resign while Moore and Trump won't and keep stonewalling.

So the taking responsibility for harassment will be one-sided.

Now will Joe call that out?  After all, he used to be a member of the party which claimed to be all about personal responsibility.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, scrb said:

Just curious when this harassment and settlement took place.  Conyers is 88 now.

I don't have a problem with them cleaning house per se.  But I think the Democrats may get people like Franken and Conyers to resign while Moore and Trump won't and keep stonewalling.

So the taking responsibility for harassment will be one-sided.

Now will Joe call that out?  After all, he used to be a member of the party which claimed to be all about personal responsibility.

Joe hasn't commented on the Congress's secret fund to pay off accusers of harassment on Capitol Hill. The fund started in 1995 when  Joe was elected to Congress. Perhaps he is unable to disclose if he knows of any of his friends in Congress were involved in the settlements ?

Joe mentioned last week that Conyers is suffering from dementia which is why he shows up in his pajamas to meetings with his staff. Couldn't Conyers resign for medical reason? It's a safe seat for the Democrats.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is outraged at the writer of the article on their pre-taped Friday show. He has called him & the Post out for using unnamed sources. He has been busy tweeting at author of the article.

I think Joe will be mad at Chuck Todd tomorrow after his interview with Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi defended Conyers as an icon of the Congress.

I think tomorrow will be a bad day for Joe. Don't forget that Alabama lost (yay!) and is no longer #1.

• Love 2

We're two minutes in, I don't know what's going on, and Mika is behaving like such an asshole that I want to switch it off.

ETA: I had no idea there was a Friday show.   I figured since they did a rerun of Hardball in the slot on Thursday, the chronic day-off'ers would naturally take Friday too.  Turns out I was right, just didn't anticipate the pre-taped show.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

They're clearly buzzed, or amped. Mika is wearing jeans and a turtleneck and last night's hair. She can't shut up. Joe said "ass" and she cautioned him. So glad I'm watching this morning!

• Love 6

Monday Recap.

Joe showed up late to the set & had hs microphone installed by one of the taff.

Mika & Joe were giddy and mocking viewers that believed that the show was live  on Friday.

Mika  said the viewer who complained to the Washington Post  was probably Trump & she called him a moron.

Joe refused to name the newspaper & doesn't like it that they used un named sources.

Joe warned viewers that they will not inform viewers again if the show is not live. It's not a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Mika's hair is a mess & has not been combed.

Mika is mocking Trump's tweets in a sarcastic voice.

Joe said he had his family over during the holiday & they didn't talk politics. Some of his family still supports Trump. Mika mocked Joe's family for supporting Trump.

I have never seen Mika so giddy before at 6 am.

Joe is excited that Flynn may be indicted. He said Flynn was close to Trump throughout the campaign so he knows what Trump was doing.

Joe is mad at Trump for picking fights over the NFL.

Joe is demanding that everyone speak up for the free press.

Joe forgot that at 6 01 am, he attacked the newspaper that wrote a negative article about him about Friday's taped show.

Joe is going on a long rant about how much he loves CNN. &

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, suomi said:

They're clearly buzzed, or amped. Mika is wearing jeans and a turtleneck and last night's hair. She can't shut up. Joe said "ass" and she cautioned him. So glad I'm watching this morning!

I was just going to ask if her coffee is Irish this morning.   But actually she seems stoned.

• Love 5