Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, oakville said:

This is true, However, Lindsay used to be a reliable "Never Trump" GOP member.

Oh I know about Graham, but you just never know in politics.  There are some politicians who won't hesitate to switch sides if it benefits them.  Could also be that Trump has some dirt on Graham.  My point was that it wasn't just American politics where stuff like this happens.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 3

I am back. @ 632 am, Joe is bragging that he knew that Scott Brown would beat Martha Coakly. Steele sid he authorized 500K to the campaign because Brown was gaining strength against Coakly.

Joe is harping on highly educated voters switching to the Democrats. This happened in Virginia.

Where is the rain Joe? Bring on Bill Karins. Make it rain for Jones!.Otherwise, women will not stand outside and vote.

Why is Alysssa Milano on the stage at a Jones event? Was "Who's the Boss/ " a popular show in Alabama.

Ratner shows up from NY! The business community is terrified of Roy Moore. Will they abandon Alabama?

Joe said Trump will get credit for the economy despite the recovery starting under Obama. There were 196K jobs created under Obama in 2016 7 only 170K in 2017 under Trump.

• Love 5

Elise looks great wearing an off white sweater & white skirt. Joe let her speak after 30 minutes. Trump is getting credit for the economy because he is reducing regulations. Obama was bad for regulations.

Joe was happy that SHS did not accuse Joe of murder.

Mika was mad at SHS calling out the media for purposely misleadings in their reporting about Trump/Russia etc.

Mika said that TRump lies every day.

Willie said some in the media have biases against Trump but they are not purrposely misleading.

Mika is ranting about Trump tweeting lies!. Angry Mika!. He is damaging the republic. ! Stop talking about Joe murdering people. Joe is telling Mika to calm down.

• Love 4

Joe said that he & Mika  get threatened daily when Trump goes after them personally. Evil Juice Box drinking Trolls!.

Joe is laughing at Bannon being focused on Morning Joe. Didn't they call him President Bannon every day in the winter?

• Love 3

Kasie!!! is on set. I love those long boots on Kasie. She is wearing a black fleece pullover with the Capitol Dome embroidered on it.

Mika had no clue what the ACDC music was playing when they introduced her... C'Mon Mika!. They have been playing it for weeks now.

Joe is shouting Roll Tide!& Alabama is #1.

• Love 2

Why does Joe do this? He has been harping on different versions of this theme for years. That he has never seen any racism in the South. Does anyone believe this? Makes me wonder if he knows what racism looks like, and doubt every other single thing that comes out of his mouth. Is he afraid of making folks in the South look bad? I just never get this. 

Yeah it's a mystery why he insists there was no racism in the south when he was growing up. Hell,  there's racism in the north, then and now. 

I didn't mind Mika's rant but she's delusional if she thinks Sarah Huckabee has any dignity to quit over this. The outrage has more power when Elise said her piece, esp as a Republican.

I'm glad they had local reporters and people on. I wish they had booked Barkley! He sounded great. I forget, did the Republican lady at 8:40ish say she was voting for Jones? One thing that drives me nuts  is how Republicans like Shelby or Condoleezza Rice stop short at encouraging a vote for Jones. All those never-Trumpers last year did the same thing, never taking their opposition to its logical conclusion that to oppose Trump, one had to vote for Clinton. It's like how Fonzie could never say "I'm sorry" on "Happy Days"....these people will gag before they encourage a vote for a Democrat.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2017 at 7:36 AM, oakville said:

Mika is desperate to bring up Trump slurring his words yesterday. It could be dentures getting unstuck.

When Mika slurrs her words and mispronounces words like Subpoena today , what is the cause?

There isn't any real likelihood Trump has dentures. He would have implants if he needed, surely. I think the denture suggestion is odd.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

There isn't any real likelihood Trump has dentures. He would have implants if he needed, surely. I think the denture suggestion is odd.

I agree. I saw a photo of Trump's teeth from the 1980's. They were more crooked. Trump's teeth now look perfect.

I watched part of Trump's speech in Pensacola on Friday. He wasn't slurring his words.

20 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Yeah it's a mystery why he insists there was no racism in the south when he was growing up. Hell,  there's racism in the north, then and now. 

I didn't mind Mika's rant but she's delusional if she thinks Sarah Huckabee has any dignity to quit over this. The outrage has more power when Elise said her piece, esp as a Republican.

I'm glad they had local reporters and people on. I wish they had booked Barkley! He sounded great. I forget, did the Republican lady at 8:40ish say she was voting for Jones? One thing that drives me nuts  is how Republicans like Shelby or Condoleezza Rice stop short at encouraging a vote for Jones. All those never-Trumpers last year did the same thing, never taking their opposition to its logical conclusion that to oppose Trump, one had to vote for Clinton. It's like how Fonzie could never say "I'm sorry" on "Happy Days"....these people will gag before they encourage a vote for a Democrat.

Good points!. I am baffled why Joe keeps harping on Jones being too far left on abortion & that Americans are mostly pro life. Joe said it would be devastating for Jones. Yet a few minutes later, Joe said he rarely voted on abortion issues when he was in committees & hearings. Make up your mind Joe!

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

hat Americans are mostly pro life.

That's complete horse shit.  Apparently Joe lives in Bizarro World where racism didn't exist in the South in the 70s, and that 70% (percentage of Americans who are pro choice) is less than half. 

He is rather Trumpian in that he thinks if he keeps repeating bullshit people will believe him. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, oakville said:

This is true, However, Lindsay used to be a reliable "Never Trump" GOP member.

Remember, Graham came to national prominence as one of the leaders in the House for impeaching Clinton.

He talks about integrity and morality but he's a partisan hack like the rest of them.

• Love 6

Finally, Morning Joe seats Kasie! next to Elise Jordan. They are smiling & laughing at Joe joking about Crest!. They have such nice smiles....

Elise thinks that GOP voters ill be more likely to stay home than vote Democrat.

11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

That's complete horse shit.  Apparently Joe lives in Bizarro World where racism didn't exist in the South in the 70s, and that 70% (percentage of Americans who are pro choice) is less than half. 

He is rather Trumpian in that he thinks if he keeps repeating bullshit people will believe him. 

Very true ! I laugh at Joe repeating these narratives that make no sense.

• Love 2

Katty Kay said the world media is coming to Alabama to cover the race. Katty is not a fan of Bannon. Mika had trouble reading the TelePrompter on the National Review article. Bannon's candidates usually lose races since 2016. Joe mocked Bannon for saying that Bannon helped elect Trump.

Katty said that Bannon was wrong to attack Condi Rice. She is a heroine to the people of Alabama.

• Love 2

What I feel is insulting is the constant harping on "college educated white people" or some such.  If I was a worker bee in Alabama...that would offend me.  That would offend me no matter where I lived.  I think it could probably backfire in some cases.  I would hate for the national news media to come into my state and show charts (Kornacki! who I love) that showcased college educated (i.e., smart in their view) and how they were somehow more prized than the $7.50 an hour people.  It assumes anyone without a college diploma is somehow easily led by conservative talking points and is also bigoted.  Just saying.  I am grumpy and in fear of what will transpire these next 12 hours.  And for either the hand-wringing or chortling we will see on tomorrow's show.  And Joe somehow being able to make it all about him.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Kemper said:

What I feel is insulting is the constant harping on "college educated white people" or some such.  If I was a worker bee in Alabama...that would offend me.  That would offend me no matter where I lived.  I think it could probably backfire in some cases.  I would hate for the national news media to come into my state and show charts (Kornacki! who I love) that showcased college educated (i.e., smart in their view) and how they were somehow more prized than the $7.50 an hour people.  It assumes anyone without a college diploma is somehow easily led by conservative talking points and is also bigoted.  Just saying.  I am grumpy and in fear of what will transpire these next 12 hours.  And for either the hand-wringing or chortling we will see on tomorrow's show.  And Joe somehow being able to make it all about him.

I think this is a good point. The focus on educated white voters is condescending to any other groups.

I just saw Mika's rant at Trump's tweet. Was she implying that "Kristen will do anything for donations" would perform sexual acts on Trump for donations? That is bizarre.

Elise Jordan got wound up as well. Blood Boiling! Yikes!

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Kemper said:

This!  I am a non college educated white woman, yet I somehow was able to move up to #2 in my Department and I am able to not believe Fox News Bullshit or turn into a raging racist.  It infuriates me that MSM has decided that "non college educated" is thrown around like "the morons who couldn't get into Ivy Tech so they work at Walgreens and have confederate flags hanging in their garage". 

Maybe non college educated means  we worked our asses off those four years the elite "college educated" were puking out back of a frat house, and we might actually know a little something.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

This!  I am a non college educated white woman, yet I somehow was able to move up to #2 in my Department and I am able to not believe Fox News Bullshit or turn into a raging racist.  It infuriates me that MSM has decided that "non college educated" is thrown around like "the morons who couldn't get into Ivy Tech so they work at Walgreens and have confederate flags hanging in their garage". 

Maybe non college educated means  we worked our asses off those four years the elite "college educated" were puking out back of a frat house, and we might actually know a little something.

I remember Chuck Todd having to apologize to non college educated viewers after the 2016 election. He admitted that he was too focused on hoping that educated GOP white women voting for Hillary & forgot how non educated people would feel slighted . He also  admitted that he did not graduate from college . He said his late dad would be very upset at Chuck's elitist views.

• Love 4

It assumes anyone without a college diploma is somehow easily led by conservative talking points and is also bigoted

The New York Times ran an article about two weeks ago with the findings of a research firm (I think it was Pew) that showed that Republicans with no college degree were more likely to believe in climate change, have progressive views on race and income inequality than Republicans with college degrees or more. So yeah, focus on "college educated Republicans" is not only classist, but ill-advised. Remember how this show was convinced all them upper middle class college-educated Republicans would carry Jon Ossof over the finish line? Yeah.

• Love 5

Uh, Joe? Alabama is #4. Just sayin'.

So, I wonder if Alabama was the "only college Joe applied to" because of its academics or because his family could only afford the state school?  Either way, any Alabamian who follows and believes rumpled and rosacea'd Steve Bannon is insane!  Insulting them like that right to their faces!  I think I hate SB more than even Trump.

I'm po'd I missed Mika's reaction to the Gillebrand tweet. I hope that when Gillebrand offered "to do anything for donations," that she Knew Her value (I kid, I kid)

• Love 4

As a follow up to the rant, Mika is on a twitter campaign to get everyone to tweet at Sarah Sanders #supportforsarah because Sanders defended Trump in today's briefing re: the Gillibrand tweet.  It's so pathetic it's almost hilarious. She thinks if we all tweet at her she'll change her stance and defend women who accused him of harassment, and renounce his tweet.   

Like she's some demented Tinkerbell who, if we all clap real hard, she will turn into an actual human being with a sense of decency.  

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

As a follow up to the rant, Mika is on a twitter campaign to get everyone to tweet at Sarah Sanders #supportforsarah because Sanders defended Trump in today's briefing re: the Gillibrand tweet.  It's so pathetic it's almost hilarious. She thinks if we all tweet at her she'll change her stance and defend women who accused him of harassment, and renounce his tweet.   

Like she's some demented Tinkerbell who, if we all clap real hard, she will turn into an actual human being with a sense of decency.  

Mika is losing it on twitter. I can't even figure out what she is trying to say.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

So, I wonder if Alabama was the "only college Joe applied to" because of its academics or because his family could only afford the state school?  Either way, any Alabamian who follows and believes rumpled and rosacea'd Steve Bannon is insane!  Insulting them like that right to their faces!  I think I hate SB more than even Trump.

I'm po'd I missed Mika's reaction to the Gillebrand tweet. I hope that when Gillebrand offered "to do anything for donations," that she Knew Her value (I kid, I kid)

For Whineandcheeze (or anyone that missed it the first time) here is the clip via Mediaite:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/outraged-morning-joe-panel-eviscerates-trump-for-obscene-and-sick-kirsten-gillibrand-tweet/

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

WOW Doug Jones pulled it off. Oakville, I recapitulate. I will be watching tomorrow morning over the side of my bathtub. I really cannot miss a major Joe gloat session like this one will be

It's going to be awesome. Perhaps Joe will compose a song for the occasion!

• Love 2

Wednesday Recap. Mika is wearing a crimon top!. Joe is wearing a suit. They are playing DownHome Alabama. Joe aid he was right about the election. He called "top Alabama officials" who told him that Jones would lose.

Mika is on her high horse. She blasted Bannon & Trump for endorsing losers.

Joe is naming various parts of Alabama that came together to vote for Jones. Joe is bragging about"educated Republicans" helping defeat Moore. Tuskaloosa students were mad at Bannon for trashing the University of Alabama.

Joe applauded Shelby's write in campaign which had enough votes to make the difference.

Joe blamed Mitch for not supporting Mo Brooks. He is a hard conservative who would win the state.

Mika is furious at Trump's tweet about Kirsten Gillibrand. It helped elect Doug Jones. Mika is hilarious.

African American turnout is at record levels 29%. This helped Jones. Willie admitted he was wrong.

Joe keeps mentioning random counties in Alabama.

Elise said that Roy Moore's horse did not like him. He doesn't know how to ride ahorse.

Mika knows horses. !

Barnicle is on to get outraged over the behavior of the President of the United States.

This is like Scott Brown beating Coakly.

• Love 5

Elise said that Roy Moore's horse did not like him. He doesn't know how to ride ahorse.

Mika knows horses.

Roy Moore's "horse" has its own Twitter feed now and it is hilarious.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Eliot said:

Roy Moore's "horse" has its own Twitter feed now and it is hilarious.

Eliot, Roy's poor horse Sassy was the absolute hands down winner of Twitter last night.  There were so many funny gifs I was crying from laughing most of the night and am glad to see she is on the front page of the NY Daily News (thanks Mika!).

• Love 3

Heidi is excited that a demographic wave is helping Democrats win. The GOP is doomed!

Demographics is destiny!. They will never vote GOP according to Heidi.

Heidi said that the GOP will be wiped out. USA Today said Trump will not be good enough to clean toilets in the Obama Presidential library.

Alchiche said Democrats have to pick candidates that don't take blacks for granted. He prosecuted the KKK.

• Love 4

I really don't see how Joe compares this to the Scott Brown win.  Brown was running against a looser. I wouldn't have voted for her. Also, Brown doesn't have the resume that Jones has so maybe he will hold the seat.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Good God, Joe and Mika are insufferable this morning.  Joe has interrupted every single person so far, save for Mika's horribly awkward rant against Huckabee Sanders.
He's so smug and claims this signals that we all don't understand the deep South and northern liberals are the worst.  Then an Alabamian Rep comes on and says that he voted for Roy Moore because he's a Republican and Moore's loss had nothing to do with Donald Trump.  Then came a commercial with Joe's voiceover saying, "Country over party."
This morning's show is an inconsistent, careening wreck.

• Love 7

I love all the horse talk. Elise & Mika are Western riders. Moore was hurting the horse with 2 reins.

Mika is outraged at SHS!. Why hasn't Ivanka resigned? Trump is a sexist pig!

Mika gets a scripted rant. Women have a voice! (Don't use that voice against Halperin, though. (He is a friend of the show.)

Mika wants women to kick men out of the house!. Dump your husband & hook up with your highly paid co workers! I am Mika, hear me roar! LOL!

• Love 8

Oops, and we're back to Bill Clinton and liberal tribalism.   This isn't about Roy Moore being a pedophile and Alabama being a shit hole of racist Republicans, it's about Bill Clinton and liberals, you see.

I was just going to come on here to say that. Apparently, Republicans are not responsible for anything they've done since the 1990's. It's all the Democrats fault, and especially the Clintons! For a group of people who constantly tout taking responsibility for oneself, not blaming others for one's decisions and place in life, not embracing victimhood, they are very good at being victims, lemmings, and blaming the other guy for their racist, sexist, self-destructive, anti-democratic decisions that have caused them to nominate and elect Putin's puppet to the presidency.

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 7

Oh there's poor Sassy again . . . this show is a testament to how those two must have complete and total control over the shows content as they are the only show that hasn't moved on to other things like news as they aren't done saying Joe called this all along . . . #FreeSassy.

• Love 4

Joe wanted thoughts from around the table to close the hour.  Barnicle's pearl of wisdom was that Alabamians got to show America that they are not the stereotype they've been accused of being for so long.  Uh.. no, idiot.  They are absolutely that stereotype.  They spent the past 2 months reinforcing it hourly.  ("We have Jewish friends, our lawyer's a Jew")  If not for the "liberal media" and "northeast liberals" and immense pressure from outside of Alabama, they would have elected to the United States Senate a literal pedophile, a practicing racist, a xenophobe, and a vocally religiously biased disgrace who also apparently can't ride a horse (#FreeSassy).

• Love 13

It feels good to be on the winning side for a change.   It almost feels like hope.

Don't be so hasty!!  First with about only 9,000 votes between the 2 contenders, I expect the Republican govt in Alabama to mess with it somehow.  Don't they have to certify the vote and didn't Alabama just rule that you don't have to keep electronic  pictures of the vote count (or something)  2nd--Mitch McConnell has to arrange to have DJ be sworn in and he will put it off as long as he can.  I couldn't help but was a foreshadowing of Doug Jones looking/sounding a lot like Merrick Garland....

Mika berating SHS is the biggest waste of oxygen ever in the Universe.  SHS would have to have a conscience and a soul for this to work. 

I was laughing so hard at the segment going to commercial at around 7:15.  Mika is all " and NO ONE thought that Doug Jones would win!!!" and then it goes to a montage of about 10 segments of her Boyfriend Being Right.

After about an hour I got tired of Alabama so I thought I would switch to Fox News for a a palate cleanser. As surely as the sun rises each AM, the very second I turned it on the female bobblehead said "and an illegal immigrant who was deported 3 times has been charged with the assault of....."  Alabama who?  what??

Edited by WhineandCheez
I got more to say!
  • Love 3

Almost as nauseating as Joe and his "all the people I spoke to in Alabama last night..." is Mika's adoring gaze when he's spouting his bullshit. 

All the people you know in AL? Yeah I'm sure they all had time to stop what they were doing and talk to you.  About what? 

Re calling elections before they're determined: Joe said "someone tweeted that John Kerry won.  And John Kerry said "Too soon"

I would say so, since Twitter was created in March 2006, and Kerry ran in 2004.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, millennium said:

It feels good to be on the winning side for a change.   It almost feels like hope.

It's fools-hope I tell you. You go and try and trade it in for a little optimism and they tell you that you got hood-winked - despair ensues! Just kidding (I hope). We VA Commonwealth residents gave y'all a little hope a month or so ago too. We're on a roll!

Edited by Abiding Dude
  • Love 5

2 HOURS AGO, WHINEANDCHEEZ SAID:

First with about only 9,000 votes between the 2 contenders,

I just read he won by just under 21,000 votes. 

awsome!!  I was going by the count when I went to bed, which was 99% in.  Oh well, I think Moore rode off on Sassy with all the vote tabulations in the saddlebags, so we'll have to do it all over again.....

3 hours ago, stormy said:

That's why I liked Charles Barkley so much a couple of days ago, telling the crowd (basically) we have to show the world we're not stupid 

Charles Barkley rocks!  He was great the last few days of the campaign and was a terrific, funny, poignant interview last night.  Ana Navarro on CNN asked CB to head up the RNC (taking over for Romney's sister?) and he said no, he only wanted to work one day a week . . . :)

I heard he was on Fox but I missed it, bummer.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oh well, I think Moore rode off on Sassy with all the vote tabulations in the saddlebags, so we'll have to do it all over again.....

Sassy has her own twitter account now.  She wants to know since Doug Jones won, can she go live with him? 

• Love 8