Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Joe and Mika together are just insufferable.  I feel like I'm watching Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker

Ok between this and Mumbles "storming out of the theatre with her twinset and purse" I haven't stopped chuckling.  Thanks for the grins, I really appreciate them!

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Joe and Mika together are just insufferable.  I feel like I'm watching Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker. 

You read my mind. I had the TV on this morning while I was still dozing and it all sounds far more horrendous when you are just listening and not watching. All of the constant talking over others and interrupting. This is the only show I watch where I dislike the hosts, but tune in daily because they usually have great guests.  Shut up Joe and Mika and let your guests talk. 

12 hours ago, oakville said:

Review & transcript of Joe's angry rant against Fox News from a conservative website. Yikes !

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/chris-reeves/2017/12/18/furious-joe-fox-news-trying-create-another-timothy-mcveigh

Chris Hayes has taken to calling Fox News "Trump TV". I wonder if it will catch on with some of the other MSNBC folks. Or maybe it has and I haven't been paying proper attention. 

• Love 3

Since I do not have Twatter, may I add to Mika's Movie List?;  Anaylze This; Moonstruck; Tootsie

Why is Joe calling Rep Brady "Kevin"?  Doesn't he usually call them by their title--if not, he should be.

Again we hear about her abduction to the South of France when she was a teen.  What the hell is it with that???

Edited to add:  Something about her "walking out of Deliverance " rang odd with me. She was born in 1970, Deliverance was in the theaters 1972.  Okay then....

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe were upset about the lack of due process for Frankenstein. A few Senators want him to stay. Barnicle daid it was nevesssty for him to resign so the zdemocrsts could use it against Roy Moore.

Joe blamed the Clintons for the sexual harassment scandals.

Mika is mad that Gillibrand took 17 years to complain about Bill. Mika wants Kirsten to explain why it took so long.

Joe said if Hillary won there would be no #metoo movement.

• Love 2

F U Rep. Kevin Brady and F the panel that never pushed anybody this hard on this monstrosity of a tax bill that is going to blow through Congress like prune juice.

eta:  thanks to Willie for clarifying the point he was trying to make before Jim and Tammy Faye butted in.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 9

During the interview with Kevin Brady, Mika had the most disgusted expression on her face.  I hope there is a clip for those who missed it. They are asking Kevin good questions. One question was about how the tax bill will help those who live paycheck to paycheck. Kevin called it a loaded question.  How is that loaded?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Since I do not have Twatter, may I add to Mika's Movie List?;  Anaylze This; Moonstruck; Tootsie

Again we hear about her abduction to the South of France when she was a teen.  What the hdll is it with that???

Dr Z set her up on a date with the Playboy son of the Lebanese President. He took her to x rated movies & asked her to wear topless bikinis. Mika was scarred.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I flipped to CNN and listened to Alyson talk about the possibility of life in space.  I think a former military guy or some such has come out with provocative evidence of said life.  Even though Chris Cuomo was snickering a little, I enjoyed the pics and listening to the two hosts kind-of discuss it.  When Joe brought it up...Mike over-talked him with a "real news" story. 

It came to public attention this week that a secret program inside the Pentagon had received $22 million in funding to investigate incidents of UFOs reported by military personnel.   As I recall the story, the program came to light after the director resigned, complaining that the findings of the agency weren't being taken seriously.   He  made public three videos showing UFOs as they appeared on the gunsights of Navy fighter jets that were CHASING them in the early 2000s.   

The director, a man named Elizondo, complained that everyone goes nuts if a Russian bomber comes close to the coast.   But reports of these objects of unknown origin -- made by trained military pilots, etc. -- which are being sighted around our ships at sea and our nuclear facilities, are being completely ignored despite the potential threat they pose to national security.

I have been following UFO stories since the 1973 flap.   The released videos, authenticated by the pilots themselves and the Pentagon, are the most convincing evidence I have ever seen that UFOs are real.  

I saw one of the pilots on another news program yesterday.   He said the UFO he chased was like a "40-foot Tic Tac" hovering over the sea.   No wings, no visible signs of propulsion, yet it was making sharp abrupt moves in a way that convinced him it was "not of this world."

But Mika blows it off.

27 minutes ago, madfortv said:

During the interview with Kevin Brady, Mika had the most disgusted expression on her face.  I hope there is a clip for those who missed it. They are asking Kevin good questions. One question was about how the tax bill will help those who live paycheck to paycheck. Kevin called it a loaded question.  How is that loaded?

Scarborough did a good job of preventing Brady from steamrolling him.  Brady was reacting like a cornered animal.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

She was born in 1970.

'67 actually.  I only remember b/c she's three years younger than me, not six. 

Doesn't make much difference either way since she'd only be five in 1972. 

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika is mad that Gillibrand took 17 years to complain about Bill. Mika wants Kirsten to explain why it took so long.

Just a couple of weeks ago, Mika was praising the hell out of Gillibrand for her comments on the Clintonz, and telling people not to attack her on twitter for supporting them for so long. And now she's attacking her for supporting them for so long. Mika is a self-involved wackjob, who's situational opinions turn on a dime:

Gillibrand: I think Bill Clinton should have been held more accountable for his actions 20 odd years ago.

Mika: Oh, you're so brave and wonderful! You're my new girl crush.

Gillibrand: Al Franken should resign because 8 women have accused him of inappropriate behavior.

Mika: Evil Witch! You have no respect for the rule of law, and you're a Clinton-lover!

• Love 6

I'm still laughing at Willie's reading of the news story of the Rhode Island state house Christmas tree falling apart and having to be removed.  "This was reported by the Associated Press, and people with eyes."  Willie can be one funny mofo.

ETA the Mediaite website has the clip of the Brady interview (looks like it was cut off but it's the first 6 minutes or so). Good stuff. Reminds me why I watch this show. Brady is an arrogant son of a bitch. A true sign of someone's character is how they act when they got a little power. The GOP has truly revealed their character in the past 11 months.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 5

I, for one started watching this show when I retired a year ago, and enjoyed when they were making some interesting statements about the Trump administration. I didn't follow the Joe/Mika relationship because I thought they had always been a couple. Now, however, it's turning into "The Bickerson's" and watching Mika ( who I don't think is very intelligent or interesting) take over the show is boring & irritating. I really don't give a shit whether she's seen a movie or EVER sees a movie, I'm here for the news.  

• Love 8

Caseysgirl...yes, we watch for the news.  That's one of the reasons.  But my real reason for watching is so I can get my blood pressure up...I can tell myself that even though I don't have the money and "prestige" that the two Gold Dust Twins have...I am probably better adjusted and don't have anger issues.  Deep, simmering anger issues.  And the main reason I watch is so I can come here....this thread validates everything I think in my head about The Twins.  Plus, they have the best guests of any other show of this type; it's a shame they are not allowed to speak all that much.  But when they do......

• Love 11

Wednesday recap. Mika is off watching movies & Joe is in the bunker. Katty Kay is getting a new show at 11:30 pm on PBS.

KCDC is in the library . Willie & tax expert Barnicle are on set along with Noah.

The panel is depressed about the new tax bill. It will help corporations & the wealthy. Joe is worried about the Democrats blaming the GOP for cuts to spending that will come to pay for the tax cuts.

Why is Joe worried? He has been predicting the destruction of the GOP for the last 2 years.

KC is worried that people will find out about the tax cuts when their witholdings go down in February.

Barnicle is upset that 13 million people won't be forced to buy health care  insurance anymore. This will cause other people's premiums to rise.

Barnicle said he couldn't balance his chequebook.

Joe admitted that taxes are too high for workers and corporations. He complained about paying 55% in taxes in Connecticut.

However, now is not the time to cut taxes according to Joe. The economy is too strong & debt is too high.

Joe doesn't remember that there were similar complaints about tax cuts raising the debt since the Reagan era.

Kasie! said the GOP messaging has not worked. Kasie talking taxes is sexy:)

High Tax states will be affected because you can't deduct as much in state & property taxes.

• Love 3

I get irritated by that "Thank the House of Representatives" commercial that runs every morning lately, showing a couple of domesticated Trumpbots rhapsodizing about the new saviors of the middle class.   It made me switch off this morning, coming on the heels of that Mark Meadow Muffins interview.

I used to miss Mika's presence on this show and complain about her frequent days off.   Now I am relieved.   Has anyone else noticed how "special" she has become in the last month or two?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, madfortv said:

Willie looks awful this morning. He has very dark bags under his eyes.

Maybe Mika is off planning her wedding!

I heard she was appearing as a motivational speaker at a plumber's convention: "Know Your Valve."

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, millennium said:

I get irritated by that "Thank the House of Representatives" commercial that runs every morning lately, showing a couple of domesticated Trumpbots rhapsodizing about the new saviors of the middle class.   It made me switch off this morning, coming on the heels of that Mark Meadow Muffins interview.

I used to miss Mika's presence on this show and complain about her frequent days off.   Now I am relieved.   Has anyone else noticed how "special" she has become in the last month or two?

Mika is trying to capitalize on the #metoo movement. She wants to use it as part of her Know Your Value seminars. However, too many of her friends are getting accused of sexual harassment, so it doesn't help her arguments.

its silly for her to attack after hour get together she with co workers after she ended up leaving her marriage of over 20 years for Joe.

She never explained what would have happened had she rejected Joe's advances.

The other issue is that she has become so hostile to Trump & any of his staff that she cant report the news anymore without her own opinions becoming the story

• Love 1
Just now, oakville said:

Mika is trying to capitalize on the #metoo movement. She wants to use it as part of her Know Your Value seminars. However, too many of her friends are getting accused of sexual harassment, so it doesn't help her arguments.

its silly for her to attack after hour get together she with co workers after she ended up leaving her marriage of over 20 years for Joe.

The other issue is that she has become so hostile to Trump & any of his staff that she cant report the news anymore without her own opinions becoming the story

It's not just that.    It's the way the other panelists kow tow to her.   That Mika's Movies segment was the worst yet, proceeding from the absurd premise that she has never seen movies.   It might have been funny for about 15 seconds but it went on for ten minutes.   Seemed less morning news show and more a "morning zoo" show (drive-time radio).

• Love 3

That Mika's Movies segment was the worst yet, proceeding from the absurd premise that she has never seen movies.

Mika saying she never watches movies is like the person who refuses to watch anything other than PBS (like my ex.)  Its humblebragging.  Humblebragging that you don't participate in the entertainments of the masses. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Humblebragging that you don't participate in the entertainments of the masses.

Her job is in broadcast entertainment.  She's not a wonk.  She's not a newsie, even acknowledging her background.  She's a net negative on a morning entertainment show posing as a political chat show.  But the entertainment industry is beneath her.
This aspect of her personality is what irredeemably tips the scales against her in my opinion.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Her job is in broadcast entertainment.  She's not a wonk.  She's not a newsie, even acknowledging her background.  She's a net negative on a morning entertainment show posing as a political chat show.  But the entertainment industry is beneath her.
This aspect of her personality is what irredeemably tips the scales against her in my opinion.

Thanks for this post Landsnark.  I don't know how someone who literally had a front row seat to so many important moments in history could be so useless in discussions that have weight and merit and now we have to vote on what movies she may like.  Gah.

• Love 6

That's presuming a lot that none of us know about. For all we know, she initiated the relationship.  

Geez if y'all are butthurt about her movie thing, you would have jumped out a window when she had her Facebook live thing yesterday with her pets. These are supposed to be light, fun things. 

14 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Geez if y'all are butthurt about her movie thing, you would have jumped out a window when she had her Facebook live thing yesterday with her pets. These are supposed to be light, fun things. 

I think it's more her attitude that going to a movie is beneath her.  It's the old "I don't own a television" trope.   I notice she doesn't discuss books she reads either. Guess she's too busy managing Joe's band and attempting to shame Sarah Huckabee Sanders & Ivanka Trump  on Twitter. 

I think I would rather jump out a window than watch a FB live of Mika.

• Love 8

Katty Kay is getting a new show at 11:30 pm on PBS.

I poked around a little more about it, and it sounds promising. It was a show the BBC started in the UK after the Brexit vote, but has continued to discuss other issues (much like how Nightline began as a show focusing on the Iranian hostage situation but continued as a general news show.) The BBC is a high-quality content provider. Good for Katty.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, millennium said:

I quite liked Mika back in the day.  I don't think hooking up with Joe has been good for her.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

That's presuming a lot that none of us know about. For all we know, she initiated the relationship.  

Joe did mention that he liked watching Mika doing news breaks between shows while in bed before he hired her to be his co host on Morning Joe. She had no idea who he was. He also admitted that he wrote the song "Let's Fall in Love" for her on his recent album.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, Ohwell said:

Joe and Mika together are just insufferable.  I feel like I'm watching Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker. 

It's just so weird how they're now almost one person.  When Mika talked about Joe's twitter response and how she was the one who wrote it, I thought - then why didn't you tweet it yourself.  I wonder if it makes the rest of the show members uncomfortable.  Their personal life has eclipsed the show itself.

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, millennium said:

It came to public attention this week that a secret program inside the Pentagon had received $22 million in funding to investigate incidents of UFOs reported by military personnel.   As I recall the story, the program came to light after the director resigned, complaining that the findings of the agency weren't being taken seriously.   He  made public three videos showing UFOs as they appeared on the gunsights of Navy fighter jets that were CHASING them in the early 2000s.   

The director, a man named Elizondo, complained that everyone goes nuts if a Russian bomber comes close to the coast.   But reports of these objects of unknown origin -- made by trained military pilots, etc. -- which are being sighted around our ships at sea and our nuclear facilities, are being completely ignored despite the potential threat they pose to national security.

I have been following UFO stories since the 1973 flap.   The released videos, authenticated by the pilots themselves and the Pentagon, are the most convincing evidence I have ever seen that UFOs are real.  

I saw one of the pilots on another news program yesterday.   He said the UFO he chased was like a "40-foot Tic Tac" hovering over the sea.   No wings, no visible signs of propulsion, yet it was making sharp abrupt moves in a way that convinced him it was "not of this world."

But Mika blows it off.

Scarborough did a good job of preventing Brady from steamrolling him.  Brady was reacting like a cornered animal.

I'm ambivalent about UFOs, but there was some pretty compelling evidence in that incident in the small town, where multiple 911 calls, as well as the recorded conversation between the cops and 911 staff.  Multiple calls came in, and you could hear the shocked tone in multiple cops' voices when they would respond to the calls.  The calls were also tracking the progression of the UFO through the town.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I poked around a little more about it, and it sounds promising. It was a show the BBC started in the UK after the Brexit vote, but has continued to discuss other issues (much like how Nightline began as a show focusing on the Iranian hostage situation but continued as a general news show.) The BBC is a high-quality content provider. Good for Katty.

It sounds like she will be discussing the similarities in the fascist tendencies of the UK and US.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe did mention that he liked watching Mika doing news breaks between shows while in bed before he hired her to be his co host on Morning Joe. She had no idea who he was. He also admitted that he wrote the song "Let's Fall in Love" for her on his recent album.

Ewwwwwwww, just ewwwwwww.

And I so totally agree with the posts about their personal lives eclipsing the show itself.  I didn't watch any of it today and to be honest now that I know their antics will be up on Mediaite in an hour or two I'm good with that and have pretty much removed them from my morning rotation..

Oakville as always many and sincere thanks for your recaps and for sitting through all three hours of what was for me once an absolute go to show in the morning.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Ewwwwwwww, just ewwwwwww.

And I so totally agree with the posts about their personal lives eclipsing the show itself.  I didn't watch any of it today and to be honest now that I know their antics will be up on Mediaite in an hour or two I'm good with that and have pretty much removed them from my morning rotation..

Oakville as always many and sincere thanks for your recaps and for sitting through all three hours of what was for me once an absolute go to show in the morning.

The show does get daily recaps from Newsbusters & Mediaite. Mika & Joe made the top 75 newsmakers of 2017.

I get the feeling that Mika & Joe are trying to get more viewers by "acting out". It reminds me of my dogs when they want a treat or a walk. They start barking to get attention. President Trump has been good for ratings of the show since 2015. Mika & Joe enjoyed the ride up with him & now are gleeful in mostly justified personal shots at him.

It's similar to WWF wrestling with two parties insulting each other to get the crowd riled.

It's fun to watch Joe become an acrobat trying to attack the GOP & still try to hold conservative values. I have no doubt that if he was still in Congress , he would have voted for Trump's tax plan.

Today, Joe said that not many people care about the rise in the stock market since there are more institutional investors. Kasie! was the only one who realized that people benefit when 401K's rise.

There are more institutional investors now because they manage pension funds & people invest more in ETF's rather than buying stocks individually.

Ratner is being cute with his charts on comparing stock market performance. The market peaked in October 2007 & dropped badly in the fall of 208. It bottomed out in March 2009 & bounced back as Obama's stimulus plan took hold.

http://www.macrotrends.net/2488/sp500-10-year-daily-chart

The rise in the stock market since Nov 2016 has been more surprising given current economic conditions.

Obama had a rise of 14% from his election day till Dec 2009. Trump had a 25% rise.

I don't get to see all 3 hours anymore, so I recap the first hour of the show.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

There are more institutional investors now because they manage pension funds & people invest more in ETF's rather than buying stocks individually.

Less than 50% of Americans own stocks, either on their own or through mutual and pension funds. The stock market is not, nor has it ever been, a true indicator of the state of the economy.

Ratner is being cute with his charts on comparing stock market performance. The market peaked in October 2007 & dropped badly in the fall of 208. It bottomed out in March 2009 & bounced back as Obama's stimulus plan took hold.

Ratner is right on with his charts and it's good to see someone bringing actual facts to the show rather than belligerent right wing bellicosity. The market dropped in 2008 because of Bush and his Republican trickle down economics. Thank goodness Obama and the Democrats were elected. For the last half century or so, the Democrats have always had to clean up the messes that the Republicans left behind and it's happening all over again this year.

The rise in the stock market since Nov 2016 has been more surprising given current economic conditions.

Obama had a rise of 14% from his election day till Dec 2009. Trump had a 25% rise.

You're partly right. Given the current economic conditions that Trump and the Republicans are imposing, it is surprising the stock market has gone so crazy. It has mostly been due to corporations expecting the cushy tax cuts they got today as it's not based on actual labor and economic statistics. I'm not sure where you got your numbers from because the facts are that the stock market rose more during Obama's first 11 months than Trump's. Joe and Willy had the graphics up on screen the other day. The S&P is a better indicator than Dow Jones of what's happening in the economy because of the mix of companies that make up their index and the S&P rose 36% in Obama's first year compared to Trump's 18%. Trump's henchmen keep talking about getting the GDP up to 3% and Ratner is the only guy on the show that will correctly point out that Obama's economy grew 3% or more a number of times during his term and Trump and the RWNJs are full of shit of course.

• Love 8

Well no, if you look at markets around the world, they're up as much or more than the US markets.  So there are good economic conditions around the world.  Trump inherited very good economy.

Other day he was at a rally touting the stock market, asking the crowd how their 401k accounts were doing.  It was a relatively lower-income area so few people clapped, because probably few of them had 401k accounts.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, shok said:

Less than 50% of Americans own stocks, either on their own or through mutual and pension funds. The stock market is not, nor has it ever been, a true indicator of the state of the economy.

Ratner is right on with his charts and it's good to see someone bringing actual facts to the show rather than belligerent right wing bellicosity. The market dropped in 2008 because of Bush and his Republican trickle down economics. Thank goodness Obama and the Democrats were elected. For the last half century or so, the Democrats have always had to clean up the messes that the Republicans left behind and it's happening all over again this year.

You're partly right. Given the current economic conditions that Trump and the Republicans are imposing, it is surprising the stock market has gone so crazy. It has mostly been due to corporations expecting the cushy tax cuts they got today as it's not based on actual labor and economic statistics. I'm not sure where you got your numbers from because the facts are that the stock market rose more during Obama's first 11 months than Trump's. Joe and Willy had the graphics up on screen the other day. The S&P is a better indicator than Dow Jones of what's happening in the economy because of the mix of companies that make up their index and the S&P rose 36% in Obama's first year compared to Trump's 18%. Trump's henchmen keep talking about getting the GDP up to 3% and Ratner is the only guy on the show that will correctly point out that Obama's economy grew 3% or more a number of times during his term and Trump and the RWNJs are full of shit of course.

I included the S&P 500 chart from 2008- 2017 in my post.

If you compare S& P performance from Inauguration Day , Trump is up about 18% & Obama was up 35%

The stock market does have an effect on the economy. Employee pension funds invest in the stock market

• Love 1

Apocalypse Thursday Recap. Mika & Joe are distraught over GOP members praising President trump like he was a Insecure Autoocrat.

Joe said it will be a stain on all their careers for praising Trump.

Mika said that her dad on his death bed warned Mika about the loss of strategic alliances undeer trump.

Allbright stopped Mika on the street to warn her that Trump would become like Hitler.

Joe mocked the GOP for thinking that every day is a new day.

Joe listed all the criticisms of Trump.

Joe is shouting about the Trump dossier being funded by the GOP.

Joe blamed Jim Comey for costing Hillary the election.

Joe said GOP donors will be happy with the Trump tax cut.

Joe refused to acknowledge that that the tax cut will save him at least 300K based on the cut to top tax rate alone.

The panel was so upset during the first 30 minutes that you would have thought that they would be in the bunker of doom.

Joe went on a rant against DevonNunes and called him a clown for criticizing the Muller investigation.

KCDC said everyone loved Obama in 2008 but people hate Trump behind the scenes. The GOP puts up with Trump to get tax cuts done.

It's hilarious that Joe asks historical questions of KC. She has only been working during the latter part of the Obama era & now Trump.

Get Meacham on the panel to talk about history of members of a party not liking their President. Carter comes to mind immediately.

Mika had to read a prepared statement on Glenn Thrush not being fired & kicked off the political beat for groping women etc. Mika had to admit that he was an MSNBC contributor.

Mika was also upset that Franken will officially resign on January 2. Why didn't the Democrats listen to Mika's passionate rant about due process.

Mika did not comment on Chris Matthews.

As usual, the camera never allows Joe to be filmed when Mika has to read damaging news about their co workers. Mika has to be the bearer of bad news.

I find it hilarious that Joe complains about sycophants for Trump, but he won't allow any Trump supporters on his show to defend him.

Will Joe have the guts to blast Corker when he appears on the show? Will he ask why Corker was a Yes vote on the Tax Bill.

• Love 3

Yay for all the Dems in Congress and Senate for sticking together and voting no.

Corker and Flake should be ashamed.

Mika's right about Al Franken. We voters of MN did not throw him out. That call was lead by Gillibrand. Weirdly, I saw Joe Manchin on CNN this week, saying he thought Al should not have resigned but have let ethics committee do it's job.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

The panel was so upset during the first 30 minutes that you would have thought that they would be in the bunker of doom.

Considering that many people, myself included, feel like they are living in the bunker of doom, as our lives are changing negatively, everyday, I'm fine and dandy that the panel is so upset.   

• Love 11

Other day he was at a rally touting the stock market, asking the crowd how their 401k accounts were doing.  It was a relatively lower-income area so few people clapped, because probably few of them had 401k accounts.

This reminds me of a fantastic one liner from a so-so movie, "The House."  They are trying to come up with $40,000 a year tuition for their daughter to attend Bucknell (I think.) They go to their financial planner who says they are broke, and Ferrel says, "But it says here they we have $401,000!" The planner deadpans, "Sir, it says you have a 401 K."  

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, novhappy said:

How did they handle Corker? I missed it. I thought his reaction to Wolf Blitzer was ridic. Did they defend Wolf? Press him on why he changed his vote?

Kid gloves. He is, after all, a Friend of the Show.

He showed up and spouted his nonsense about how he didn't know the provision was in there, blamed the media for blowing it all out of proportion and said he now sympathizes with the White House - full umbrage mode. They let him babble on and then changed the subject.

I saw one chart that says he's going to get like $500K out of that tax break. It would have been nice if they'd cited that and forced him to confirm that yes, in fact, he will benefit handsomely from this provision. And it would have been nice if someone had said, "You had leverage here - why not insist that it should come out before you voted?" But none of that happened; Willie moved onto the next subject and, while Corker did say that Trump firing Mueller would be "unacceptable," he did not answer the question "What will you do if that happens?"

• Love 6
18 hours ago, oakville said:

Barf! 

I just heard Dion singing "why must I be a teenager in love?" on an oldies station.  Reminded me of Joe.

• Love 4