Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Was this show filmed on 9/19/17?  The label at the bottom is confusing.. I tuned in late this morning and missed most of the show.

It has been amusing hear them talk about Trump finally working with the Democrats especially after the weeks since mid-September. It is puzzling to me how anyone could trust him about anything.  I don't think I would believe anything until it was done. Even then, I would be concerned that something wasn't right but I hadn't figured it out yet.

Yes, they framed the repeat of the anniversary show with fake holiday banter at the start. 

1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

When I tuned in around 8:30ish, it was a repeat of the 10 Year Anniversary show. Not sure if the just reran that show for the entire 3-hour block.

FROM THAT HALPERIN TWITTER THINGIE (cant figure out how to quote it):

Mika is showing her true Colors. I called it on her years ago. Awful, bitter woman. Please cancel that low rated show she does with her just as awful boyfriend. Please people wake up! She is all hatred. Oh and her scowl too.

Ouchie!! 

• Love 2
On 12/25/2017 at 6:38 AM, Rickster said:

The New Canaan bunker is on the market:

Morning Joe’s House For Sale

Know your real estate value.  Purchased in 2011 for $4.6 million; on the market today for $3.69 million.   Ouch.

Not to mention he bought in a slack market still reeling from the 2008 recession, so he may have gotten a bargain on it then.     For Scarborough to be forced into seeking a sale price of almost a million less now is perhaps  a more damning statement of the "Trump economy" than anything he could read from the teleprompter.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe's documentary on Manchester soccer (football) is on now.  Not bad.  Thin on content and way too overproduced.  Far too focused on music and not soccer which is sorta weird.

I watched bits and pieces of this and I agree.  There are also some interesting quotes from Mika in a Politico article today about how MJ is now just a job because she's been so beat up by social media (the article is about people that have been targeted by Trump's tweets).  I wonder if these two are mulling over hanging it up and move on to Joe doing his music and Mika raising her chickens.

• Love 1

Shallow comments this morning as I am mostly listening and not watching the show.

I really like Elise Jordan's sweater.  The color looks great on her. It looks like a maternity top.

Willie looks like he may have been in a fight or up all night. His left eye is darker almost as if he was punched in the face.

Ugh! There was just a commercial thanking Trump. It is really OTT. 

• Love 1

Thank you trump ad is both nauseating and absurd.

I wonder if the Huckabee compares trump to Winston Churchill article was discussed for comic relief?  It's so nuts, I wonder if trump told him to write it. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, madfortv said:

Shallow comments this morning as I am mostly listening and not watching the show.

I really like Elise Jordan's sweater.  The color looks great on her. It looks like a maternity top.

Willie looks like he may have been in a fight or up all night. His left eye is darker almost as if he was punched in the face.

Madfortv, I thought the same thing when I saw Elise's sweater!  She looks good and I always enjoy when she is on the panel.  I've enjoyed the show today.  Everyone gets a chance to talk and actually hold a discussion and get to finish their thought/point.

• Love 1

I have to say, I really enjoy this show when Joe and Mika AREN'T on. It seems there is more content; people get to finish their sentences and I can follow the topics. Willie isn't as charismatic, perhaps,as Joe, but he gets the job done.

• Love 8

The panel is talking about the government not being staffed sufficiently. That has worried me for a long time now even during the Obama years when the GOP cut funding for embassies but didn't take responsibility for what happened afterwards.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, navelgazer said:

They just ran a "how we got here" montage re: Trump/Russia narrated by Mika and it was actually pretty good.

It was really good, and it was completely ruined for me by her relentless pronunciation of "WikiLeaks" as "Wicca-Leaks." THEY'RE NOT A COVEN, MIKA!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, navelgazer said:

They just ran a "how we got here" montage re: Trump/Russia narrated by Mika and it was actually pretty good.

I came in mid-way and was surprised how good it was.  Who put it together, I wonder (you know it wasn't Mia) Is it linked anywhere?  I wonder if it's going to be part of an MSNBC year-end special.

I have to say, I really enjoy this show when Joe and Mika AREN'T on. It seems there is more content; people get to finish their sentences and I can follow the topics. Willie isn't as charismatic, perhaps,as Joe, but he gets the job done.

Agree.  

1 hour ago, Padma said:

came in mid-way and was surprised how good it was.  Who put it together, I wonder (you know it wasn't Mia)

Various programs on the network have done similar segments. Rachel Maddow did one in July, and I believe she updated it in the last month, so maybe MJ's staff just used that as a format, put together their own clips,  and Mika narrated?  I believe they ran this originally in September, I didn't notice if they had added info since then. 

12 hours ago, madfortv said:

Stepford voters.   The spot begs for a SNL spoof:

"My family can no longer afford health insurance.   Thank you, President Trump!"

4 hours ago, Padma said:

I came in mid-way and was surprised how good it was.  Who put it together, I wonder (you know it wasn't Mia) Is it linked anywhere?  I wonder if it's going to be part of an MSNBC year-end special.

Mika's breathless, fake-serious narration irritated the hell out of me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Wow Suomi, thanks for this article!  Very interesting and it did a nice job of clearing out my sinuses when I snorted my coffee over the "they deserve each other" line (I'm sure they meant it in a nice way but I chose the other path).  In all seriousness, I really enjoyed the article and thought it brought up a lot of great points.

Really enjoying the show again today.  Another great panel (especially enjoying Jonathan Lemire today and glad he is coming back tomorrow) and I haven't touched the remote once.

• Love 4

Thank you, navelgazzer! They did a good job with that compComplicated chronology. Although a lot's left out, that's part of why I like it--there's so much, it's hard to be selective to keep the themes clear.

Re: article re: Mika and Joe's relationship. That's an interesting point. Mutually consensual relationships with different power balances often happen in the workplace. Joe and Mia's worked out for them, but it very well might not have. 

I don't think the goal is to curtail office romances, which are no one's business, even with mutual adultery. But it's complicated by a power imbalance, and there aren't any easy answers for that (other than letting the lower level person always being the initiator, though that's weird, too). The mural outside Joe and Mika's dressing room makes the power dynamic very clear--with Joe striding powerfully forward up a hill and her following timidly behind.

The effect of their affair on co-workers was probably big in ways that can't be measured or regulated either.   Workplace romance v. harassment is complicated and the power imbalance makes it doubly confusing.

• Love 2

It's interesting because I've seen them interact off camera a few times at events, and their dynamic suggests a lot of mutuality -- if Mika is not actually in charge.  I don't think Mika sees their relationship as anything other than a relationship between equals even if, as the article points out, others might see Joe as being in the superior position.  But she certainly does not see their story as having anything to do with all of her sermonizing on work relationships, which is a little much -- even for me (one of Mika's only fans around here!).  

Clearly there is a huge, huge difference between what Matt Lauer and others were doing and Joe and Mika.  But, that said, some of the reaction will no doubt spill over into relationships like theirs.  And surely there are other, less high profile people within NBC/MSNBC who have had mutual relationships within the work place.  But policing these things becomes tricky.  What would have happened if Mika were not interested in Joe's advances?  (Or vice versa -- everyone seems to assume that Joe pursued Mika.)  The bottom line is that if it had not worked out, it surely would have affected or ended the show, which may have been a good thing for some but probably not for NBC/MSNBC!  

• Love 3

What a chickenshit move not to have announced on Tuesday morning that "Joe and Mika have the week off."

Comparing her days off before and after they went public ... if there's one thing our girl Knows it's the Value of her vagina. 

• Love 3

I'm glad they had Mike from the NYT on to speak to his article.  He's getting dragged pretty hard on Twitter right now but after reading it, it gives a jaw dropping glimpse of what may be rolling around in that noggin of his.

Oy, there's that awful we love you President Trump commercial again . . . make it stop!

eta:  oh and thanks to Joe for yet another enlightening op ed, so different from his other op eds.   Storm clouds are gathering . . . . attack on the Constitution . . . and now everybody's favorite . . . CHURCHILL.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 5

This thread feels so odd this week, and I just realized that it's because Oakville thinks he can loll around Florida with a Mai Tai and not do a daily recap.  What are we paying him for??

I loved the dramatic announcement that although Joe is on vacation this week (counting Mika's chickens perhaps) he is WRITING.  He wrote an op ed where he waxed on about the impending fall of the Republican party in Nov. 2018.  You know, the same FotRP that was talked about ad infinitum the last 4 months of the 2016 election--up to approx. 9 Pm on election night.  I for one am not counting on it.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oy, there's that awful we love you President Trump commercial again . . . make it stop!

Hear,hear,I immediately reach for the remote to change the channel when it's on.Yech!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

This thread feels so odd this week, and I just realized that it's because Oakville thinks he can loll around Florida with a Mai Tai and not do a daily recap.  What are we paying him for??

I loved the dramatic announcement that although Joe is on vacation this week (counting Mika's chickens perhaps) he is WRITING.  He wrote an op ed where he waxed on about the impending fall of the Republican party in Nov. 2018.  You know, the same FotRP that was talked about ad infinitum the last 4 months of the 2016 election--up to approx. 9 Pm on election night.  I for one am not counting on it.

It just wouldn't be the same without my favorite part the recap of whatever Mika is wearing (the blue bathrobe is still my favorite).  I thought of this forum just now listening to a re-run of Stephanie Miller when a caller said she just got through voting in I believe Alabama . . . wait for it . . . IN THE RAIN . . . happy New Year everybody!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Sounds like those "working vacations" somebody else often claims.

I haven't been watching the show at all this week.   No Doucheborough = no interest.  It's just a news show otherwise, and a tepid one at that.

1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

It just wouldn't be the same without my favorite part the recap of whatever Mika is wearing (the blue bathrobe is still my favorite).  I thought of this forum just now listening to a re-run of Stephanie Miller when a caller said she just got through voting in I believe Alabama . . . wait for it . . . IN THE RAIN . . . happy New Year everybody!

Voting in the rain ... why am I hearing Gene Kelly?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, suomi said:

What a chickenshit move not to have announced on Tuesday morning that "Joe and Mika have the week off."

It's what this network does with all of its shows.  Three of the four evening anchors are away for the week, but each shows treats each episode like the anchor is gone just for that one day.  The most they will do sometimes is to say when someone will be back the next day, but they never say a host is gone for the week.  

• Love 1

Mmtx2002 please know I truly appreciate your posts and more importantly the fact that you have seen the show in person and can supply nuance that does not come through the TV machine.  I for one am glad to hear that they have a solid relationship behind the cameras and genuinely care for each other.  It's tough to watch some of their scrapes on the air but then again I guess that's the magic of television.  We get to see the flat images that are projected, those behind the cameras get to see her tear his face off when he runs her over on air.

For me, I just wish the show would go back to when it was a genuine discussion panel.  Before Joe took on this Bill O'Reilly persona and Mika became either the local hall monitor when the boys are having fun or then suddenly fly into rants that at times fly in the face of what she is trying to project in her KYV sessions.

I wish they would just go back to being Joe and Mika.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I am sitting by the pool drinking Heineken in Longboat Key:)  Mai tais are too fancy for me. I will start recaps next week when we  get our rental house. We are in a hotel now, so I can’t wake up everyone to watch the show. I noticed that the local Tampa news does a Trump @ Mar A largo report every night. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Thanks! I hope Mika stars wearing her Religious themed scarfs again. 

• Love 3

Thanks! I hope Mika stars wearing her Religious themed scarfs again. 

Religious themed scarves?    That ascot to be the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

Don't forget to tip your waiter!  The veal is stringy tonight.....  Yes, Oakville rose to glory with his glowing descriptions of Mika's "Unitarian Scarves." 

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I noticed that the local Tampa news does a Trump @ Mar A largo report every night. 

Oakville, you're holding out on us . . . Trump at Mar a Largo report? . . . get thee to your recap machine!

• Love 2

Tuesday Recap from Chilly Sarasota. Mika & Joe are off. Katty is hosting wearing one of Mika’s scarves. 

Good panel with Ratner, Haas, Elise,Moyadin.

Tpoic at 705 am started with Iran. The Revolutionary Guard has not steeped in yet to stop the protests.

Haas said the govt was not prepared for the protests. Katty was happy that Romani is listening to the protesters.

North Korea might show up at the Olympics. 

Haas is worried that there are only 3 options. War, Negotiation or accept North Korea as a nuclear power.

Elise said Korea& Iran are in disarray which is the title of Haas,s book.

War would be bad for US soldiers & South Korea.

Bck to Iran. The Guard took the $500 m cash Obama sent for themselves. The working class people didn’t get any benefits.

Sanctions relief hasn’t helped.

The people are upset with the govt using cash to fund military in Syria, Lebanon & Yemen. 

The panel was happy about Katty ‘s new show at 1130 pm. She needs a nap during the day.

Domestic politics. Will the GOP get anything done in 2018?

Jeremy Petersis back. He is worried about shutting down the collusion probe and people attacking the FBI.

• Love 4

Katty is wearing Mika's scarf . . . hee!  That was the first thing I thought of when the show opened.  I am not a huge Katty fan and switched to New Day.  I can't find anything on a show for Katty, did they go into any details?

South of France flu.  Again, hee!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Katty is wearing Mika's scarf . . . hee!  That was the first thing I thought of when the show opened.  I am not a huge Katty fan and switched to New Day.  I can't find anything on a show for Katty, did they go into any details?

South of France flu.  Again, hee!

Katty’s Show is called Beyond 100 Days on PBS.

ratner has more charts. Trump is getting more judges confirmed at the Appeals court. they are more white male judges appointed by Trump than  Obama. Trump appointees also have bad hairstyles.

Heidi is in the library.

Trump is getting support for supporting the Iranian protesters.

Haas gets a book plug! I am starting to read it.

Elise reminded Haas of Bush Sr supporting the Shoah uprising in 1991.

Ratner likes the Iran deal. Expectations were high & wasn’t met. It’s a win for Obama.

I am watching the show on a very large LCD screen. Has Katty had a facelift.? There are scars around her neck.?

Trump is complaining about Pakistan. They aren,t helping the USA.

• Love 4

Katty was upset about breaking her New Year’s resolution of not being derailed by Trump’s tweets. Trump issued a whacky tweet around 748 am . He complained about Huma Abedin giving passwords to foreign agents !.

Ruth Marcus said the constitution protects against Presidential hurricanes but Trump is like a category 5.

• Love 3

Has Katty had a facelift.? There are scars around her neck.?

Definite eyebrow lift.  She looks very cat-eyed.  I was just thinking that this AM.  New Years is apparently the MSNBC-approved time to have a plastic surgery. (IE: Trumps idiotic Mika facelift remark 1 year ago)

• Love 3