Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Has Katty had a facelift.? There are scars around her neck.?

Definite eyebrow lift.  She looks very cat-eyed.  I was just thinking that this AM.  New Years is apparently the MSNBC-approved time to have a plastic surgery. (IE: Trumps idiotic Mika facelift remark 1 year ago)

I was just coming to say the same thing.  It looked like she had something done to her eyes previously, but man they turned it up to 11 this time.  Maybe in a couple months it will settle down a little. yikes

Just now, Jordan Baker said:

Has Mika been back since the whole let's-set-up-a-meeting-with-Halperin-and-his-accusers idea (and blowback)?

No they're still off. Katty said the flu.  

• Love 1

They could have the flu, there's a lot of it going around.  I had a bug a couple weeks ago, I could barely get off the sofa for a day and it took almost a week where just the sight of food didn't make me feel nauseous. 

Also It's the holidays and lots of the shows take advantage of slow news by taking off.   I'd be surprised if even the prime time shows have all the hosts back this week.  There's not much to talk about. Trump playing golf for a week straight, the network beat that Papadapolous story to death over the weekend.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

Has Mika been back since the whole let's-set-up-a-meeting-with-Halperin-and-his-accusers idea (and blowback)?

Oakville, I hope you're enjoying our balmy Florida weather! It's COLD (but I'm sure it's worse in CA.)

1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

Oakville, I hope you're enjoying our balmy Florida weather! It's COLD (but I'm sure it's worse in CA.)

I don’t think Mika has been on since the Halperin intervention. We still love Sarasota despite it being in the 50’s. This is spring like for us. We also got to experience US healthcare since my wife had bronchitis. Luckily , our Canadian insurance works here. It took a few phone calls, but the clinic was very nice. They don’t give you cookies when you are discharged.:((

1 hour ago, millennium said:

This show is running like a store that's going out of business.   Completely unprofessional and disrespectful to viewers.   I don't buy the flu excuse for a second.

It’s harder to Recap when Mika & Joe aren’t on the show. There was a good discussion on Iran & North Korea. 

Joe must be busy meeting with key Iranian leaders to provide updates on the situation.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was just coming to say the same thing.  It looked like she had something done to her eyes previously, but man they turned it up to 11 this time.  Maybe in a couple months it will settle down a little. yikes

No they're still off. Katty said the flu.  

Oh, the "flu".  Riiiiight.  Let's just hope that they didn't have a secret little Christmas wedding and come back with stars in their eyes like a couple of love-struck teenagers.  I don't believe I could handle that. 

• Love 4

Wondered if Jordan was throwing some shade Peters's way with her oh-so-piercing eyes. Peters is Bannon's bestest MSM fanboi due in part, methinks, to a book deal all about the rise of the *wink* nationalist revolution *wink* in which, as he's said, Bannon is a predominant figure.  And he never fails to chant ye old disheveled basement dweller's name when he's on teevee. So, I kind of thought it was funny when Jordan asked Costa about Bannon's role in the upcoming year instead of Peters. Don't tell me these people don't keep Mean Girl type tabs on who's sold what and who's schilling for who and why. Cue three-way call between Jordan, Peters and Costa. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

The lovebirds are still MIA this morning.  Are we buying this 'flu' story?  Or are they in the south of France honeymooning....?

Joe was in Jupiter,Florida yesterday getting excited over Sold out showings of the Winston Churchill movie based on his twitter feed. Jupiter is not too far from Mar a Largo.

• Love 1

Wednesaday Recap. Katty is wearing a black striped sweater from the Star Trek villain collection. I started watching around 715 am.Eddie Glaude & Shannon debated whether Democrats would trade DaCa for Funding the Wall. The base will explode if Pelosi makes any concessions are made. 

Noah said everyone likes DaCa , and Trump might settle for minimal funding of the Wall.

Some GOP are worried about Infrastructure spending raising the deficit!

RCP politics guy said Trump is unpopular in Iowa despite strong economy. The other Iowa GOP reps are more popular.

Trump & Romney don’t like each other. The panel 2as excited that a Never Trumper like Romney could win the Senate seat & thwart Trumps agenda.

Elaine Godfrey discussed young Trumper on college campuses vs Traditional GOP.

Elaine said it’s weird that young Trumpers support an Archie Bunker era politician.

Elaine said the Young GOP is losing support.

Barnicle wants mandatory national service for young people so they can meet people with different political views

Barnicle was upset about Trumps mental stability.

The panel is upset about Trumps tweets about Nuclear Buttons.

Meacham showed up to say Trump only cares about his base.

Mika & Joe are still off with the “flu”

• Love 3

That little writer from The Atlantic and her silly article about the rise of Trump on campus was very politely smacked down by the panel.  Poor thing was out of her depth.  She couldn't back up anything she observed and couldn't define what her piece was meant to be about.

Noah Rothman, after the author was bid farewell, said that from what he's seen, Trump's popularity on campus is just from those who like how Trump is aggressive and bullying and how he incites "the other side."  He's a favorite of pricks on campus who like to make liberals angry, and that's it.  Prof. Eddie agreed.  It's not a movement, it's all emotional.

I think Katty's face-work actually looks better in 2018 than  in the latter part of 2017.  She looks less artificial this morning.  She also looks like she had a really relaxing, restful holiday.  She seems fresher and younger and way way less stressed out.  I hate her dress, though.  But love the panel, so that's a trade off I'm cool with.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 4

Star Trek villain collection, hee!  I think she would have worn one of Mika's scarves but I saw Kasie! was wearing it on air earlier this week.  I don't know where those two are but I noticed Joe has been tweeting up a storm for the past 48 hours (didn't realize about the Jupiter FL tweet Oakville, thanks for pointing that out).

Glad they brought up that Guardian article.  I was reading it when they started to talk about it on the air, oooof it's brutal (and amazing).  I saw Heilemann was on, did they mention that Showtime did renew his show (The Circus) but Alex Wagner will replace Halperin.  I was glad to read about and glad that Alex will be back on the air as I always enjoyed her show.

• Love 3

Joe was in Jupiter,Florida yesterday 

From Google: "Jupiter is called a gas giant planet."  Yep. Sounds right.  Also--the flu??? He "caught it" in Florida.  Better make sure you don't come back with a tan after your convalescense

Who was the dark hair lady that was blathering on about 8:50?  She had eyes that darted all over the place, like someone who'd never been on TV before.  Katty somewhat rudely cut her off at 8:55.  very abruptly too! Gotta keep on sched-yule.

• Love 2

Happy New Year, everyone!  Wishing you all good health and peace.

This morning, John Heileman told Katty and the panel that his show, The Circus, will return to Showtime in 2018.  His new co-host is Alex Wagner (who is fantastic, IMO).  Halperin's name was not uttered.

I've been tough on Noah Rothman in the past (and I still think he's too young to always look so dissipated) but he was more evenhanded and intellectually open this morning, IMO.  I can warm to him if he keeps it up.

Katty just signed off by saying Joe should be recovered enough to be back on the show tomw.  No mention of Mika. 

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was in Jupiter,Florida yesterday getting excited over Sold out showings of the Winston Churchill movie based on his twitter feed. Jupiter is not too far from Mar a Largo.

I read this as "the Winston Churchill movie [that was]  based on his twitter feed" and made myself laugh. I can just imagine the opening credits:

Winston Churchill
Based on the 280-character musings of Joe Scarborough

I think this cold weather is making me loopy.

Happy New Year!!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

From Google: "Jupiter is called a gas giant planet."  Yep. Sounds right.  Also--the flu??? He "caught it" in Florida.  Better make sure you don't come back with a tan after your convalescense

Who was the dark hair lady that was blathering on about 8:50?  She had eyes that darted all over the place, like someone who'd never been on TV before.  Katty somewhat rudely cut her off at 8:55.  very abruptly too! Gotta keep on sched-yule.

I think that was Susan Glasser who (fun fact) is married to Peter Baker from the NYT.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I noticed that abrupt cut-off as well. No dithering by Posh Katty!

Her hair looked really pretty today.

• Love 3

Somehow the panel thinks Mitt Romney will be an independent voice in the Senate. Ha. This guy would've sold his soul to the devil to be named  Secretary of State.

Blech. Romney will run. Romney will win. Romney will then start kissing Trump's like all the republicans do.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I'm pretty sure Joe will be there tomorrow (and maybe Mika too as she is tweeting today) as they are featured in the excerpts of that Michael Wolff book:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff-fire-and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

I believe every word of this article. Every. Single. Word.

A couple of weeks ago, MJ had a Republican strategist on the show, I think her name was Susan DelPercio, who said virtually the same thing. They never expected to win, which is why they paid so little attention to following the rules. Trump wanted to boost his brand, maybe start a television network, and all of his flunkies just wanted to get famous.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I can't imagine that even the "flu" would keep them from missing this opportunity to gloat over Trump's public humiliation.

Plus the opportunity to revel in being mentioned. "Baby," (you know he calls her Baby, right?) "please come to the studio with me. We're part of the story! I'll make it up to you later, baby, you know I will." I'm looking forward to hearing their spin on yet another visit to Mar A Lago and hoping that grasping at relevance will entice them into leaving the comfort of their nest/cocoon and getting their overpaid, privileged asses back to their fucking jobs.

• Love 3

Joe will definitely be on today.  This is from his twitter feed last night (and if you get a chance, swing by and take a look at his new top of the page photo . . . yike):

We’ll be talking about Bannon’s war with Trump, Romney’s path to the Senate, Manafort’s swinging st windmills and the latest on North Korea on MJ tomorrow. Looking forward to a great discussion.

Doug Jones will also be a guest as will Jonathan Swan.

eta:  uh-oh, Peggy Noonan alert . . . 

Updated Thurs. guest list: John Heilemann, Nicholas Confessore, Rick Tyler, John Podhoretz, Megan Murphy, Kasie Hunt, Jeremy Bash, Jonathan Swan, Mike Barnicle, Peggy Noonan, Sen. Doug Jones, Peter Alexander, Matthew Miller, Edward Felsenthal, Brian Klaas and more

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

So, a Florida bunker? Were we notified about this? Under the weather, he sez. Be honest, dude, you've been under the co-host.

Poor Kasie ! being subjected to lightning yet again ...

• Love 4

I might be in the minority, but I'm glad to have Joe back.  He keeps things lively.  The show moves so slow when he's not there to butt in, talk over everyone and generally be annoying.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Peggy Noonan is not happy to be lectured to by Heilemann . . . 

Somehow I missed hearing (last month) that one of friend of the show Halperin's accusers said she told friend of the show Heilman that MH assaulted her and JH claims not to remember the disclosure. So nothing Heilman says or does pleases me now. 

• Love 2

Major miscalculation on Mika's part, trying to defend/mediate the Halperin fiasco - and she's been MIA since the backlash. Boo freakin' hoo. She was extra snotty/condescending during the show taped for New Year's Day - pointing to the "Previously Recorded" banner and saying "You can go eat some Cheetos now" and "You can go back to eating Cheetos now." These two really, really, really resent being called on their bullshit. Perhaps she is  still holding her breath because Morning Adulterous Hosts In Matching Flannel PJs didn't become a thing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, suomi said:

So, a Florida bunker? Were we notified about this? Under the weather, he sez. Be honest, dude, you've been under the co-host.

Poor Kasie ! being subjected to lightning yet again ...

Joe has bunkers across the USA!

I felt badly for Kasie because Joe introduced 7 or 8 people on the Brady Bunch TV wall highlighting their credentials, yet Kasie gets the lightning bolt & ready to rock. It is disrespectful to her & belittles her accomplishments.

Joe s bragging about meeting with Trump after the first debate. Joe said it was a disaster. Joe wasn’t sure if Trump has been reading any policy papers.

I find it interesting that Heilemann started the discussion about the Wolff book by saying he plays fast & loose with the facts. 

The panel is happy that Bannon is turning on Trump. The Russian influence on Trump may be true with money laundering. Trump sold condos to Russians! 

Joe kept interrupting Heilemann when he was talking.

Joe reminded Peggy Noonaan about David Stockman in 1981 saying bad things about Reagan. Peggy swooned!

Joe said it was devastating for Reagan & he was only able to win 49 states in the 1984 election.

Kasie ! Is reading from Wolffs article today about Trump not recognizing old friends and repeating himself.

All the staffers hate Trump & Melania was crying on election night.She didn’t want to be First Lady.

John said George Bush was repeating himself in the White House. It’s a stressful job.

• Love 3

I just watched the pot clip about Desert Springs CA.  Wondering why you need a warehouse to grow pot there? You think they'd have year round growth conditions.  Anyway, Joe is in the bunker, doesn't look/sound even vaguely sick to me.  South of France flu, indeed??

Somehow the panel thinks Mitt Romney will be an independent voice in the Senate. Ha. This guy would've sold his soul to the devil to be named  Secretary of State.

Blech. Romney will run. Romney will win. Romney will then start kissing Trump's like all the republicans do.

I hope the Dems don't waste a penny of funds trying to run a Democrat against Uber Mormon Mitt. Sold his soul--well Trump said on TV that Mitt offered him a blowjob to work with him ("He would go on his knees, ya know").

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Wondering why you need a warehouse to grow pot there?

Ideally you'd grow in a greenhouse in a temperate environment.  Uses a fraction of the energy and expenses.  If you've ever been to the California desert areas, you'd see that the desert there is blazing hot and the air is completely dry.  The plants need to be in warehouses to be protected and the climate can be conditioned to perfect conditions.  This doesn't work for tomatoes or watermelons, obviously, but because the warehouse space is cheap and marijuana has high profit margins, farming it this way works.  It's weird the news industry is surprised that these businesses are racing like miners to gold mines, as all of this has been planned for a very long time.  Money, blueprints, materials, distribution channels, etc... has all been in place and just waiting.

"Happy new year.  We're all doomed."  Pretty funny.

This Steve Bannon tumult makes for great TV, I'll say that.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Somehow I missed hearing (last month) that one of friend of the show Halperin's accusers said she told friend of the show Heilman that MH assaulted her and JH claims not to remember the disclosure. So nothing Heilman says or does pleases me now. 

Heilemann must furious  at Halperin for getting his Trump book & HBO movie cancelled because of Halperin behaviour.

Heilemann has only given one interview about Halperin. He claims he had no clue what Halperin was doing.

Joe keeps bringing up that Trump May have had dementia during the 2016 campaign.

Podhertz said 70 year olds repeat themselvesJoe is upset at Podhertz for not saying that Trumps behaviour has changed over the past 30 years.

Podhertz should be reprimanded for disputing one of Joe’s top talking points over the past year.

luckily, no one has ever thought of using clips of Joe speaking in Congress and showing his opinions today.

Joe would lose All credibility with viewers.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I just watched the pot clip about Desert Springs CA.  Wondering why you need a warehouse to grow pot there? You think they'd have year round growth conditions.  

I think pot needs humidity to grow well (heard it from a friend)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Major miscalculation on Mika's part, trying to defend/mediate the Halperin fiasco - and she's been MIA since the backlash. Boo freakin' hoo. She was extra snotty/condescending during the show taped for New Year's Day - pointing to the "Previously Recorded" banner and saying "You can go eat some Cheetos now" and "You can go back to eating Cheetos now." These two really, really, really resent being called on their bullshit. Perhaps she is  still holding her breath because Morning Adulterous Hosts In Matching Flannel PJs didn't become a thing.

I would agree with you but now I am terrified of them as Mika is now armed:

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/948743549796913158

5 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is reminding viewers to get a flu shot !

Joe is bragging that Trumps commission on voter fraud is being cancelled.

!

Oakville, he's getting killed on Twitter for originally saying he didn't get a flu shot as they make him sick.  People are saying that's impossible but I just know my dad got one two years in a row and was violently ill afterward.  That was it for him and he thank goodness never got the flu going forward.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

This Steve Bannon tumult makes for great TV, I'll say that.

This is the best cat fight since Bethenny Frankel and Kelley Bensimon on RHONY. Wolff has reported he has recordings of all his interviews with Bannon and other WH staff. oops

I don't want to hear Joe talking about "I asked Trump if he read".  Ithat's the only comment I heard and I turned it off.  STFU.  You had that POS on your show every day for ratings, and are as culpable as the rest of the media for the nightmare we're living.  Your network should issue a blanket apology for not televising Clinton giving a policy speech but instead showing an empty podium waiting for Trump to show up.  Over and over and over again. 

The media is treating this book like they did the Dossier and let's all sit back and enjoy how that's biting them in the ass now.  

5 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I am terrified of them as Mika is now armed:

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/948743549796913158

At least it looks like she is getting her hair straightened out, she got low lights so that the platinum blonde isn't so blinding. 

Is that Florida?  Mika sits on plastic lawn furniture? Oh the humanity!

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

This is the best cat fight since Bethenny Frankel and Kelley Bensimon on RHONY. Wolff has reported he has recordings of all his interviews with Bannon and other WH staff. oops

I don't want to hear Joe talking about "I asked Trump if he read".  Ithat's the only comment I heard and I turned it off.  STFU.  You had that POS on your show every day for ratings, and are as culpable as the rest of the media for the nightmare we're living.  Your network should issue a blanket apology for not televising Clinton giving a policy speech but instead showing an empty podium waiting for Trump to show up.  Over and over and over again. 

The media is treating this book like they did the Dossier and let's all sit back and enjoy how that's biting them in the ass now.  

I would love to see Bethenny on Morning Joe! Her tirades against Countess Luann rival Trump’s. She could out interrupt Joe.

I doubt Mika would let her on the show.

I do agree that Mika & Joe have never apologized to viewers for being neglectful of  their duties as journalists/pundits

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Podhertz said 70 year olds repeat themselvesJoe is upset at Podhertz for not saying that Trumps behaviour has changed over the past 30 years.

He's wrong.  The 70 somethings I know do not repeat themselves.  We...uhhh...they have all their faculties.  Plus when he said he was in his 50s, I gasped, because he looks damn near 70 himself.  So he can suck it.  

• Love 6

Oh my god. I thought you all were kidding about the lightning bolt. Just watched a clip online. Nope. You weren't. 

And I thought the horribly cheesy peppy "election special edition" music was awful. Thanks, MSNBC. Ya'll just keep on with these cutesy mccute tunes and special intros. 

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

He's wrong.  The 70 somethings I know do not repeat themselves.  We...uhhh...they have all their faculties.  Plus when he said he was in his 50s, I gasped, because he looks damn near 70 himself.  So he can suck it.  

I also would have thought he was 70ish. I looked up his age, and he is 56.