Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I posted a link to the New York Magazine article over in Small Talk, Joe & Mika get some mentions in the Wolff book.  

When exactly did they break up again?  This has them at the WH after the inauguration. 

I wish I hadn't gone to Twitter to see that picture and read the comments beneath it.  So so acidic and vile and ugly and foul.  Most of those accounts should be banned, and some are obviously bots.  Disgusting.  So disgusting, I feel like protecting Mika. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I posted a link to the New York Magazine article over in Small Talk, Joe & Mika get some mentions in the Wolff book.  

When exactly did they break up again?  This has them at the WH after the inauguration. 

My recollection is that Joe and Mika were on pretty good terms with Trump from around September/October 2016 through the inauguration. Right after the inauguration they started to get critical  about some things. For instance they didn't like the inauguration speech, or Sean Spicer defending the crowd size, etc. Even with the criticisms, they still seemed to be on reasonable terms through Trump's first State of the Union speech because both Joe and Mika liked that speech, and I seem to recall reading that Joe had a short meeting with Trump in the Oval Office that day. 

It seems to me that right after that SotU speech, Trump did something that Joe and Mika were highly crtitical of, and it seems like it was all downhill from there, culmininating with the 'Bleeding badly from a facelift' tweet in late June.

So, I would say somewhere between March and June is where things completely fell apart.

Edited by cased
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, cased said:

Right after the inauguration they started to get critical  about some things.

Through the winter into the early spring, Joe would try to talk through the TV to Trump, knowing he was watching.  And he'd obliquely mention his other contacts in the WH, which apparently was Jared.  Then Joe was overtly critical of Bannon and some of Trump's more incompetent advisors (probably because Joe was trying to signal to the WH that he knows better than Trump's team), and Trump cut off access.  Then Joe got angry and lashed out, and apparently Jared cut off access. 
And when that happened and Joe had no more privileged opportunities to connect with the administration, he went full opposition.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Joe was anti Trump for most of the summer & fall 2016. Trump reached out to Joe after his son was  hospitalized. 

Joe became anti Trump after the Access Hollywood tape.

Joe demanded that Trump step aside.

Joe became friendlier to Trump after the Comey Clinton email investigation.

Joe was very Trump after the election & recommended Harold Ford Jr & Richard Haas & Romney for the cabinet

Mika & Joe went to Mar a Largo at New Years Eve.

Joe was furious with Trump after the White House lunch.

Joe found out that Trump or one of his minions was spreading Gossip about Mika & Joe’s relationship .

Jared was tried to mediate the dispute but it didn’t work.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Through the winter into the early spring, Joe would try to talk through the TV to Trump, knowing he was watching.  And he'd obliquely mention his other contacts in the WH, which apparently was Jared.  Then Joe was overtly critical of Bannon and some of Trump's more incompetent advisors (probably because Joe was trying to signal to the WH that he knows better than Trump's team), and Trump cut off access.  Then Joe got angry and lashed out, and apparently Jared cut off access. 
And when that happened and Joe had no more privileged opportunities to connect with the administration, he went full opposition.

Mika & Joe were friends with Dinah Powell & Gary Cohn.

Dinah has left the White House.

Joe hated Stephen Miller in the early days of the administration.

Trump refused to act on Joe’s numerous recommendations.

Obama got on Joe’s nerves when he refused to entertain more members of Congress.

Obama also neglected to mention Mika & Joe in his State of the Union speeches.

I hope that if Pence takes over , He will  listen to the helpful advice that Mika & Joe Offer every day.

• Love 7

Friday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker. His hair is at maximum pouffiness. Kasie finally got introduced properly without lightning bolts. The Brady Bunch screens include Heidi, Barnicle, Kasie, David, , Lemire, Schmidt.

There is a new bombshell. Trump tried to get the White House Counsel to slow down the Mueller probe.

Trump is doomed. Joe said everyone knew about the allegations in Trumps book. 

This gossip is bigger news than Iran & North Korea. 

Peter Alexander showed pictures of people buying the Wolf book.

Joe was talking to leaders around the world telling him that things are frozen in time.

Trump is trying to stop the. Book but it’s not working.

Kasie said that the GOP is happy that Bannon has self immolated. He won’t be able to primary GOP establishment in 2018.

Joe said Trump is incapacitated. Joe is mad that the GOP thinks it’s a good day when Bannon is weakened.

Joe said the whole GOP looks bad.

The GOP should have listened to Joe. He has written many books since 2008 about how the GOP should reform itself.

Joe is hoping that Muller can charge Trump with obstruction of justice.

Trump wants his attorney general to protect him like RFK did for JFK.

Joe is mad at Roy Cohn for being a sloppy lawyer in the 1950s to protect Joe Mcarthy.Trump wants a Roy Cohn

• Love 5

No demented, demeaning lightening on the Kasie Hunt intro today. Peter Alexander in a beanie--semi-yummy. 

Presented for your approval:  a possible sub for "women voting in the rain"--- HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACHES

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

Heidi Prysbala said that Trump will meet Mcconel & Ryan to discuss infrastructure. The problem is that they spent 1 trillion on tax cuts.

Heidi said that the focus should have been on infrastructure in 2017.

Another guy came on to say that the Democrats have too many candidates for the primaries in 2018. Some are inexperienced & could be too far left to win the general election.

He also complained about Ossof type candidates that look good on paper but are poor campaigners.

Schmidt said Trump could start talking to Bannon again.

Schmdit mentioned the GOP being successful at using the FBI text messages to discredit Mullers investigation

f

Heidi Prysbala said that Trump will meet Mcconel & Ryan to discuss infrastructure. The problem is that they spent 1 trillion on tax cuts.

Another guy came on to say that the Democrats have too many candidates for the primaries in 2018. Some are inexperienced & could be too far left to win the general election.

He also complained about Ossof type candidates that look good on paper but are poor campaigners.

Schmidt said Trump could start talking to Bannon again.

Schmdit mentioned the GOP being successful at using the FBI text messages to discredit Mullers investigation

f

• Love 1

Michael Wolff will appear on Morning Joe on Monday ! 

Janice Min from the Hollywood Reporter. She said Wolff said there was chaos in the White House. 

No one knew or cared what Wolff was doing in the White House.

Ailes was scared about Trump in January 2017

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

I tuned in just as they were discussing this and it made me sad/angry so I decided to go play with my Kindle until the book shows up.  I think Joe and Trump's falling out was the moment when Joe realized that after all his shared wisdom he wasn't getting a cabinet position or the Ambassadorship to Florida.

• Love 9

That Janice Min spot was RIVETING.  I was walking through the room when she came on, and I think I just froze in place and didn't move a muscle until she was done... then I ran to my wife to blab about what I'd just heard.

They're wrong about Bannon being an impotent figure in right wing politics in the future.  Trump is.  Bannon can position himself as the avatar for the populist movement and stand on the neck of Trump to raise himself up.  He'll fail, but that's his path and it'd work if he did it well.

• Love 9

Joe was quiet as a church mouse during that Janice Min interview.  I doubt that it had anything to to with being polite (like that would ever happen) but  was because he was fascinated with all the dirt she was dishing on tRump.  He was eating it up like candy.  I only mention this because I have never seen him so lip-zipped before.  What a refreshing turn of events that was. 

As to Mika, the longer she stays away the more obvious it becomes just how irrelevant she is on the panel.  Every woman who has been on since the holidays has put her to shame intellectually.  And it's not even a situation of any of them coming in to temporarily to her job; it's more a case of all of them doing the job that she is either incapable of performing, or it's become a job for her that she no longer has to exert any effort for, because she'll never be fired because of "connections".  If she never returned, who would even notice.

• Love 10

Kornacki said that Bannon does not want to fight Trump & is trying to keeppart of Trumps base. 

pericio said that Trump fired Bannon after Charlottesville.

Pericio said that the GOP retiring members can block the Trump agenda. 

Kornacki said that the GOP base could still rebel against the GOP establishments.

Joe said you are never totally out of Trump world. Is there hope for Joe to get back together with Trump?

• Love 1

Joe did mention something about Mika is still under the weather and speaking of weather he isn't able to get home because everything is so delayed on the east coast.  I kind of got lost in his monologue because for me he made it sound like he was in Florida and Mika is in NY?  I was confused.

Joe thanked the control room for working throughout the holidays.

Kornacki is shocked that a the economy is doing well & the stock market is booming despite the chaos in the White House.

I think Joe is still in Florida. 

I got to watch a few minutes of Stephanie Ruhle. She is so feisty. She would liven up Morning Joe. 

• Love 4

I figured Mika is still at her shack shooting at flowers.  

16 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

As to Mika, the longer she stays away the more obvious it becomes just how irrelevant she is on the panel.  Every woman who has been on since the holidays has put her to shame intellectually.  And it's not even a situation of any of them coming in to temporarily to her job; it's more a case of all of them doing the job that she is either incapable of performing, or it's become a job for her that she no longer has to exert any effort for, because she'll never be fired because of "connections".  If she never returned, who would even notice.

This!   Mika is like a 4 year old who discovered her reflection in a mirror and that doing little stunts gets her attention.   I don't notice any other woman on MSNBC or any news/talk show pursing her lips, rolling their eyes,  digging in their purse, pawing at whoever is sitting next to them, etc.   If she is so bound and determined for women to be appreciated and respected, then she should attempt to act like a professional host or whatever her title is. 

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE . . . . have a good weekend everybody!

WHY DIDN'T MINE COME????? I might have to run out and buy the hardcover at lunch.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Joe did mention something about Mika is still under the weather and speaking of weather he isn't able to get home because everything is so delayed on the east coast.  I kind of got lost in his monologue because for me he made it sound like he was in Florida and Mika is in NY?  I was confused.

It’s weird that Mika was posting photos of herself at a gun range in Florida. Hopefully, she is feeling better.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I thought he said that both he and Mika were trying to get home. 

• Love 2

I slept through MJ this morning...but Mr. Kemper was alert and told me that Michael Wolffe looked like the Mike Myers character from one of his movies.  You know, the one where he was bald and wore glasses.  Austin Powers?

I looked on the feed listed above and saw the pic of Meek-a supposedly shooting a gun.  There seem to be "trolls"(I know "modern" terms) that post terrible things.  My question is:  how publicity hungry are some of these "celebs" that they put themselves out there and open themselves up to horrible people making horrible comments?  JoeMeeka seems to think that they are so famous that people want to know what they are doing on their vacation(s) and downtime.  Can't these people just relax?  Without posting their activities?

And count me in on one who has not missed Meek-a one bit.  The show is much better without her; but God forbid they would get a regular (read: smart woman reporter) to take her place when she is off for an extended period(s).  Katty Kay doesn't count as she has another job.  I agree with the comment above on Stephanie Ruhle...she would be fabulous.  But I cannot imagine Joe and the Old Boys Club being able to handle her.  Meek-a adds nothing and it is a shame that she has a lock on the job.  As I have opined before...I. Cannot. Stand. Her.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

WHY DIDN'T MINE COME????? I might have to run out and buy the hardcover at lunch.

My kindle pre-order hadn't delivered by 7:15 so I said the hell with this and (re)purchased it with one-click and it was delivered immediately. kindle notifies if you try to buy a title previously purchased so today's transaction will poof my pre-order from a couple days ago.

I'm going with Shotgun Barbie's prolonged absence being due to facial refinement procedure(s).

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, suomi said:

I'm going with Shotgun Barbie's prolonged absence being due to facial refinement procedure(s).

I was thinking the same thing.  I would love it if she came back with the crazy eye lift like Katty.   I will say whoever did her last refinement did a good job, it wasn't noticeable. 

• Love 2

Please no, do not have Stephanie Ruhle on this show.  She's good when she's calm but too often she gets too excited or irritated with her guest, and she also tends to interrupt her guests in her excitement or irritation.  

The Janice Min interview was riveting, but it was obvious that she wasn't used to being interviewed on tv because she kind of got diarrhea of the mouth and the words just came tumbling out.  Joe couldn't interrupt her because 1) he was genuinely interested in what she had to say and 2) he couldn't get a word in anyway.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I got to watch a few minutes of Stephanie Ruhle. She is so feisty. She would liven up Morning Joe. 

I agree! Plus, she had Robert Costa on her show. :)

Oakville, your comment about Joe seeking the ambassadorship to Florida cracked me up. We ARE another country.

The whole Michael Wolff having free access to the White House reminds me of the later seasons of House of Cards in which the writer has free access to the White House. The main difference is that he went far beyond the West Wing!

• Love 2

Joe put down McConnell a couple of times this morning. I laughed. McConnell is awful and when surrounded by his middle aged white men brigade, is positively horrible.

The picture of Joe as Ambassador to Florida made my day! Thank you Oakville! I'm moving to red Lee County on March 1st, I hope Joe's installed by then.

Edited by stormy
52 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Stephanie Ruhle...she would be fabulous.  But I cannot imagine Joe and the Old Boys Club being able to handle her.  Meek-a adds nothing and it is a shame that she has a lock on the job.  As I have opined before...I. Cannot. Stand. Her.  

OMG! OMG!  I never thought of that!  I would LOVE to see Stephanie wipe the floor with Squinty.  I'm all goose-bumpy just imagining it.

And I'm onboard the Loathe Train regarding Mika.  I'm sitting in the next aisle over ?.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jordan Baker said:

The whole Michael Wolff having free access to the White House reminds me of the later seasons of House of Cards in which the writer has free access to the White House. The main difference is that he went far beyond the West Wing!

And paid for it dearly. 

While I love Stephanie Ruhle, like, real romantic love, I don't think she'd pair well with Joe.  Their pairing would only create friction.  Sometimes there'd be awesome zingers, but they would never complement each other.   I think Nicole Wallace would be a good option.  But, both Nicole and Stephanie are great on their own shows, and those seem to work well for them.
Katie Tur would take NO shit from Joe, and may break his jaw one day.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Katie Tur would take NO shit from Joe, and may break his jaw one day.

Love the whole post but especially this, and I am a pacifist.  Currently watching her do this to Congressmember Jim Jordan on her own show.  Yeah, she could handle Joe.

P.S. I think it is Mika who is in love with the lightning bolts for Kasie -- a way to trivialize a much better journalist.  They should start introducing Mika with floating scarves around her head.

Edited by jjj
snark
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

I agree! Plus, she had Robert Costa on her show. :)

Oakville, your comment about Joe seeking the ambassadorship to Florida cracked me up. We ARE another country.

I love the fact that Florida attracts people from all over the world. We heard many different languages being spoken today while sightseeing.

Joe did want to be a Senator for Florida in 2010, but the RNC refused to bar other candidates from the primary.

• Love 1

Another Stephanie Ruhle fan here who would enjoy seeing her replace Mika (bringing about 50 more IQ points to the show in the process. Plus, she's not just knowledgable, esp. on economics, she isn't inappropriately flirty and weak in interviewing like Mika). However, Joe would never work with her since he needs a partner to be deferential to him.  Kasie Hunt is so polite, she might work. I don't think he'd like Katie Tur's sarcasm. 

It's really odd that Velshi & Ruhle each have an individual show and then also one paired, but I have to admit I like all their incarnations.  They couldn't replace MJ though as it needs to be less intense.

And, anyway, why dream? Joe isn't going anywhere and, unless their relationship sours, neither is Mika.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, oakville said:

I love the fact that Florida attracts people from all over the world. We heard many different languages being spoken today while sightseeing.

We are a very diverse state, but my "another country" remark was more about how wacky Florida is. Odds are that if you hear a story about something bizarre happening (for example, a man who throws an alligator into the drive-through window at Wendy's), it happened in FL.  :)

Maybe we're more like another planet.

I can't wait to hear the panel's take on 45's latest twitter storm. My favorite is this: "My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

I'm, like, totally convinced! /s

• Love 5

I love the fact that Florida attracts people from all over the world.

I read this as, "I love the fact that Florida attacks people all over the world" and nearly choked on my coffee. Rick Scott with nukes? Scarier than Little Rocket Man!

Edited by Eliot

I can't wait to hear the panel's take on 45's latest twitter storm. My favorite is this: "My two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

But he has "the best words."

Millenium, you are this Thread's resident play-on-wordsmith!!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

We are a very diverse state, but my "another country" remark was more about how wacky Florida is. Odds are that if you hear a story about something bizarre happening (for example, a man who throws an alligator into the drive-through window at Wendy's), it happened in FL.  :)

Maybe we're more like another planet.

I'm, like, totally convinced! /s

I don’t want to leave Florida. I am happy here doing recaps with views of Palm Trees:) 

I enjoy reading books from the Florida author, Carl Hiassen. He writes stories about whacky Floridians.

• Love 4