Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

you have an hour or so to kill, this is at times jawdropping (and they will never own up to their parts in getting Captain Caps Lock elected.  You would do it too right Katie, right?):

https://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-scarborough-trashes-entire-mainstream-media-for-being-anti-trump-on-all-things/

So what was their little spiel this morning about? 

"How could the worst candidate in history beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes? OMG how could that happen? Did that happen? Yes it did but its amazing that it happened 3 million votes wow that's a lot isn't it? i It is and she was just the worst candidate ever. How much did she win the popular vote by? 3 million. Man that would suck to lose by that much." 

Yeah sounds like they're really reining it in.  Idiots. 

Interesting that they think HRC should drop everything during the campaign and fly to NYC. Guess what, if you want to interview a candidate you go out to the trail, they don't come to you. They are on a minute by minute schedule. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, teddysmom said:

In case anyone forgot that Joe Scarborough is a major douchebag. 

Mika & Willie both sound like they still have a little of the flu. 

Apparently Joe & Mika don't know the comedy rule of 3.  Yes, we get it, you're fucking with Trump talking about how Hillary Clinton got 3 million more votes, saying it over and over and over. But as in comedy, a joke is only funny a few times.   Yes you're hoping he'll go nuts and start tweeting about it so you can laugh that you got him riled up.   But it's kind of like pretending to throw the ball for a dog. After a while, it's not funny anymore.  

If the agents were trying to bring him down, then so was the majority of Congress, and probably at least half of America .  If, bringing him down is defined by talking to another person about what a fucking idiot he is and that's he's a danger to our democracy. 

Agreed. I think it is sad that Joe & Mika are desperate for Trump to retaliate against them on twitter in order to boost ratings.

I couldn't stop laughing when Joe whipped off his glasses at 6 39 am in order to discuss Trump losing the popular vote to Clinton by almost 3 million votes.

Joe was proud that his daughte Kate wrote a letter to the local newspaper saying she was against the Electoral College.

She wants the popular vote to decide the Presidency.

It's too bad that her dad, didn't explain that this would require a constitutional amendment .

Joe should explain to Kate how dificult it would be to do this. It requires 2/3 of the states to agree. The small states would not support this change.

At 6 46 am, Joe forgot who Nate Silver was & asked Willie what the name of the 538 guy was who left the NY Times.

Willie said his name was Nate Silver. Joe thought his name was Nate Cohn.

Given Joe's obsession with calling out Trump for having early dementia, it was absurd that he couldn\t remember Silver's name.

Joe & Nate frequently fought over the 2012 election. Joe was outraged that Silver predicted that Romney would lose the election.

Using Joe's standards, he should immediatly see a Doctor to determine if he has early onset dementia.

• Love 5

Friday Recap. Mika is off. Joe is in the Bunker & Willie is in the charge. the big news is that Heidi Prysbala is joining NBC News.

Very Good Move. Joe want to give her a Heidi a Thunderbolt intro, but she wants something else.

Heidi looked great in her 1960's Psychadelic Kaleidascope Dress!

Joe was happy about the bi partisan agreement with Lindsey & Dick Durbin.

Evil Stephen Miller made sure that Trump brought Conservatives to the Oval Office to stop Trump from agreeing with the deal.

Trump called the immigrants from Africa,Haiti & El Salvadoe, S**T hole Countries. Trump wants more Norwegians to come to the USA.

Joe is dissapointed in Trump. Trump said the comments were wrong.

Joe said Trump is in the early stages of dementia.

Highly educated people & millenials will revolt against Trump in November 2018. They will vote in the rain!

• Love 6

Joe is demanding that the GOP denounce Trump. McConnel & Ryan denounce Trump.

A good discussion between Heileman & Joe on Racist Grandpas. Heileman said that people who grew up as Progressive Democrats will not yell out racist things when they get dementia.

Aging GOP's grandpas will yell out racist things.

Joe took off his glasses! to say that his mom says stinging things about him. He did not say that his mom was racist.

Trump is damaging the GOP brand.

Joe bragged that people from Nigeria that come to the USA have more advanced degrees that Americans.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Very Good Move. Joe want to give her a Heidi a Thunderbolt intro, but she wants something else.

Scarborough's patronizing attitude towards female journalists -- for example, suggesting they need cutesy intros -- reeks of sexism.   Has he suggested this kind of gimmickry for any male panel member?

Heidi's a pretty woman, but somebody save her from that hairstyle.  It's awful.

• Love 4

News is breaking all over TV and the web that Trump is now denying the shithole comment, so what do the dipshits at Morning Joe do?   Tease the denial at 7:58, then return at 8 am with the rebroadcast and the day-old "news" that Trump called Africa and Haiti shithole countries.

• Love 5

Evelyn Farkas is into fashion.  She normally wears interesting things. Who would think someone named "Evelyn Farkas" would be into fashion? Seems like an old battleaxe name.

She looks totally groovy.  I wonder if she's wearing the matching white patent leather go-go boots? . .

At 8:45, Heidi will be doing The Frug in a cage suspended from the MJ set ceiling.

• Love 7

Evelyn Farkas is into fashion.  She normally wears interesting things. Who would think someone named "Evelyn Farkas" would be into fashion? Seems like a battleaxe name.

Trump called the immigrants from Africa,Haiti & El Salvadoe, S**T hole Countries. Trump wants more Norwegians to come to the USA.

Norweigians think the USA is a "Shithole country".

Highly educated people & millenials will revolt against Trump in November 2018. They will vote in the rain!

WRONG!! Only women Vote in the Rain For Hours. What weather do men vote in??

She looks totally groovy.  I wonder if she's wearing the matching white patent leather go-go boots? . .

At 8:45, Heidi will be doing The Frug in a cage suspended from the MJ set ceiling.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Evelyn Farkas is into fashion.  She normally wears interesting things. Who would think someone named "Evelyn Farkas" would be into fashion? Seems like an old battleaxe name.

Heidi! Should be in those 1960s hippie movies.

I would watch the Heidi & Kasie show in the morning.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

There aren't that many racists in the USA.

One is too many. 

14 hours ago, millennium said:
18 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

If you have an hour or so to kill, this is at times jawdropping (and they will never own up to their parts in getting Captain Caps Lock elected.  You would do it too right Katie, right?):

https://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-scarborough-trashes-entire-mainstream-media-for-being-anti-trump-on-all-things/

How do I justify continuing to watch this show?

The guilt is strong with these two.  If they didn't do anything wrong, why is Joe calling his "CIA" friend to ask if he's missing something.  Why do they get almost hysterical in trying to defend themselves.  It's such bullshit. 

• Love 4

I'm jealous of Heidi's fab Emilio Pucci dress.

I was so unhappy with the panel's response to trump's racist comments till Donnie told it like it is. This is an evil man.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5

Deutsch on Trump this morning:

“You take Charlottesville and his blessing and love of or kinship with and understanding there are nice Nazis out there,” Deutsch said. “If we take his implied support of a pedophile and now if we take this additional very clear racist thing, he’s an evil man. We don’t talk about that a lot. We talk about he’s insane, crazy — that’s evil. This is just an evil, evil man.”

“To me the kill shot in that quote was Norway,” Deutsch continued. “You know, after that, it was — if in any way you could twist that racist statement, but then (he said) let’s let the white guys in. When I say white, let’s let the Aryans in — you know what I mean. You couldn’t get any whiter.”

“Our president is not only stupid, imbalanced — he is evil,” he added.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/hes-an-evil-man-msnbcs-donny-deutsch-says-trump-is-much-worse-than-just-stupid-and-crazy/

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, stormy said:

I was so unhappy with the panel's response to trump's racist comments till Donnie told it like it is. This is an evil man.

I heard people on NPR, etc saying "I don't know what's in his heart so I can't say he's racist". 

Like the panel, for some reason people are afraid of saying that word, like it isn't based on actual evidence.  When you call Africa a shithole, and say you'd prefer people from Norway (ie white) you're racist. 

• Love 12

This show now resembles a crazy quilt.  Who is actually in the studio?  Where is the main studio?  How many do they have?  A lot of days, one or another of the hosts are not there.  If it wasn't for the quality of the regular guests, I think the ratings for the show would go way down.  It cannot survive just on Joe's rants in the l long-term.  You could make yourself dizzy by looking at the various "squares" of people and trying to figure out where they are.  Washington?  Florida?  Connecticut? New York?  Is most of it done by remote nowadays?  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

This show now resembles a crazy quilt.  Who is actually in the studio?  Where is the main studio?  How many do they have?  A lot of days, one or another of the hosts are not there.  If it wasn't for the quality of the regular guests, I think the ratings for the show would go way down.  It cannot survive just on Joe's rants in the l long-term.  You could make yourself dizzy by looking at the various "squares" of people and trying to figure out where they are.  Washington?  Florida?  Connecticut? New York?  Is most of it done by remote nowadays?  

In the interests of national security, it is essential that Mika & Joe have access to numerous broadcast bunkers. 

• Love 7

Joe was lamenting the fact that the republicans stand by and allow trump to say the things he's been saying since day one.

Where are McConnell and Ryan?  Joe I hope you saw the Paul Ryan interview I saw this morning. 

Ryan is a weenie. When asked about the comments,  Ryan called them "unhelpful and unfortunate".  Then proceeded to tell the inspiring and glowing story of his great grandparents immigrating to to America from Ireland.

PS maybe we should liken the show to "Hollywood Squares".

Edited by stormy
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, stormy said:

Ryan is a weenie. When asked about the comments,  Ryan called them "unhelpful and unfortunate".  Then proceeded to tell the inspiring and glowing story of his great grandparents immigrating to to America from Ireland.

By way of Transylvania.

Hollywood Squares sounds good.   Is Paul Lynde still available?

What confounds me is the way that the hosts regularly abandon the set for whole segments.  Where do they go?   I couldn't miss the irony of a commercial this morning, presumably for some IBS remedy, that showed a mom running out on her kid's basketball game because her stomach was acting up.   The tagline:  "Something is missing: It's you."

Donnie won the day today.  Evil indeed.  

From the Wikipedia entry on the book Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt:

Arendt's book introduced the expression and concept "the banality of evil".[6] Her thesis is that Eichmann was not a fanatic or sociopath, but an extremely average person who relied on cliché defenses rather than thinking for himself and was motivated by professional promotion rather than ideology. Banality, in this sense, is not that Eichmann's actions were ordinary, or that there is a potential Eichmann in all of us, but that his actions were motivated by a sort of stupidity which was wholly unexceptional.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, millennium said:

By way of Transylvania.

Hollywood Squares sounds good.   Is Paul Lynde still available?

What confounds me is the way that the hosts regularly abandon the set for whole segments.  Where do they go?   I couldn't miss the irony of a commercial this morning, presumably for some IBS remedy, that showed a mom running out on her kid's basketball game because her stomach was acting up.   The tagline:  "Something is missing: It's you."

Donnie won the day today.  Evil indeed.  

From the Wikipedia entry on the book Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt:

MIka & Joe used to share a dressing room a few years ago. The 8-830 repeat was introduced to allow “ Mika & Joe” some “executive time”. Joe could use the break to return phone calls of important world leaders that provided valuable info to him.

THere were also extended breaks if Mika & Joe were to disheveled to come back to the set

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

MIka & Joe used to share a dressing room a few years ago. The 8-830 repeat was introduced to allow “ Mika & Joe” some “executive time”. Joe could use the break to return phone calls of important world leaders that provided valuable info to him.

THere were also extended breaks if Mika & Joe were to disheveled to come back to the set

And surely they are still sharing a dressing room! In days gone by, only a blind person could miss the "afterglow" when they re-appeared following a "break". This, from the woman who promotes Knowing Your Value and now declares that co-workers shouldn't go for drinks or dinner after work or even share a cab because ... temptation. And there definitely is something up with Joe disappearing every time sexual harassment is discussed.

• Love 5

There's no shortage of ick, or WTF, that's for sure. Remember when Joe pounded Stephen Miller every day for about two weeks? For Jared, as was later revealed in some depth. There was lots of oh-so-casual and smug "Ivanka this" and "Jared that." Like cats purring over cream. They can protest all they want that Other Journalists Fraternize Too but the difference is that these two clowns are the only ones who humble bragged about it during a national broadcast over an extended period of time (and were even busted on an open mic), until Trump tossed their butts. But it's all good now. He pulled the covers on their relationship, they were forced to go public, they got not only national but international publicity, and now Mika only has to work two or three days a week. When Mika was mentioning Melania frequently she pronounced her name as Melan-yuh (as opposed to Melan-ee-uh like most people say) and I thought "Well, with her eastern European heritage maybe she's the one pronouncing it correctly." But then WiccaLeaks and WikyuhLeaks (and I think there also is a third variation) cured me of thinking Mika had any corner on pronunciation. Speaking of which, the in-depth timeline that Mika presided over? WikiLeaks was in the script probably 20 times and I think she pronounced it correctly Once, Maybe Twice.

*She decides how something should be pronounced and that's all there is to it! The asshole from Arizona? The whole world pronounces his name as Are-pie-oh but Mika has decided that she likes Are-pay-oh better so she goes with that. Gah!

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4

Yeah, I also don't get the frequent unexplained disappearances/re-appearances of them all, in the various 3 hour show segments. Sometimes I've thought that somebody has to go take an unexpected morning poop and it took too long. (yeah, right Joey, you had to take a "call" from somebody important on Capitol Hill, cough, wink, wink)

Maybe they all need more fiber in their diets and less coffee.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, suomi said:

There's no shortage of ick, or WTF, that's for sure. Remember when Joe pounded Stephen Miller every day for about two weeks? For Jared, as was later revealed in some depth. There was lots of oh-so-casual and smug "Ivanka this" and "Jared that." Like cats purring over cream. They can protest all they want that Other Journalists Fraternize Too but the difference is that these two clowns are the only ones who humble bragged about it during a national broadcast over an extended period of time (and were even busted on an open mic), until Trump tossed their butts. But it's all good now. He pulled the covers on their relationship, they were forced to go public, they got not only national but international publicity, and now Mika only has to work two or three days a week. When Mika was mentioning Melania frequently she pronounced her name as Melan-yuh (as opposed to Melan-ee-uh like most people say) and I thought "Well, with her eastern European heritage maybe she's the one pronouncing it correctly." But then WiccaLeaks and WikyuhLeaks (and I think there also is a third variation) cured me of thinking Mika had any corner on pronunciation. Speaking of which, the in-depth timeline that Mika presided over? WikiLeaks was in the script probably 20 times and I think she pronounced it correctly Once, Maybe Twice.

*She decides how something should be pronounced and that's all there is to it! The asshole from Arizona? The whole world pronounces his name as Are-pie-oh but Mika has decided that she likes Are-pay-oh better so she goes with that. Gah!

1,000 likes! I listened to the podcast with Katie Couric. She was tougher on them than expected but did not bring up the specific incident of the open mic "Not too tough Mika"

Secondly, Joe lied to Katie about only spending 1 night at Mar a Largo last year. He admitted to her that he went for dinner on Dec 30th with Trump.

The 31st "stop & chat" was supposedly to get an interview with Trump for the inauguration.

Why couldn't Joe have arranged the interview on Dec 30th? He didn't need Mika's help.

It was strange that Joe insisted that Trump kept demanding that they show up at Mar A Largo. Last year, every  one wanted to be at Mar a Largo. Why would Trump need extra guests?

I think that Mika & Joe wanted to be at the center of the action & brag that they had inside scoops about Trump.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Yeah, I also don't get the frequent unexplained disappearances/re-appearances of them all, in the various 3 hour show segments. Sometimes I've thought that somebody has to go take an unexpected morning poop and it took too long. (yeah, right Joey, you had to take a "call" from somebody important on Capitol Hill, cough, wink, wink)

Maybe they all need more fiber in their diets and less coffee.

I would laugh if Morning Joe got a Ex Lax or Fibre 1 as a sponsor .

• Love 2

That moment where everyone else has uncomfortable looks on their faces while Mika and Joe were canoodling during that SNL skit Saturday was really funny. Not sure if it's allowed to be posted here since it has political commentary in it. I looked back and saw the one from last year was posted so I'm adding the latest one.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 10

Thanks for posting Jaded as I was just coming to do the same.  Best SNL opening EVER!  Kate McKinnon completely nails Mika, they all did a terrific job.  I watched because I am a Sam Rockwell fan but what a great and funny surprise.

• Love 4

The initial part of the cold open with Kate making faces and speaking in an undertone while holding her drink with a straw was funny.  I also liked the part where Joe kept talking and didn't let the person being interviewed speak. That is representative of him. Last week, he did that to John Heilemann.  Maybe Mika and Joe will learn something from how their mannerisms were portrayed and fix some of the problems (or maybe not).

I disliked the parts where they almost kiss and didn't think Bill Murry's Steve Bannon was well written.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Great cold open! Fred Armisen as Michael Wolff and Kate McKinnon as Mika were my favorites. It's definitely worth a watch.

Now the question is . . . will J & M mention it tomorrow, or will they ignore the whole thing?

On Sunday Today, Willie only showed the part of the clip with Bill Murray as Bannon. I couldn't stop laughing at Kate's impression of Mika. Mika was wearing her blue bathrobe !

• Love 3

I didn't want to say too much earlier as I didn't want to spoil the clip for those that may have missed it last night.  As far as I'm concerned, if Michael Wolff wants a day or two off he could just hire Fred Armisen, he has his facial expressions (or lack thereof) down pat.  

For me, I think the Bannon part was well written and when I first saw Murray I thought genius! but Murray can't help be Murray when he's on SNL and that isn't Bannon (although when he first threw off that hood I thought he was a dead ringer).

I was just glad they didn't lead off with the shithole controversy as that was what everyone expected and that's what made the sketch even more delicious.

I agree Jordan Baker and Oakville, I wonder what they will show/say tomorrow . . . . 

• Love 4

Here is my recap from January 22, 2014. I found it on TWOP. Mika & Joe are still picking bad friends. Dreamy was a nickname for Thomas Roberts.

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 6:22 AM

Only watched a little of the 6am hour.....seemed like a "Bizarro MJ".....we have to raise taxes and the minimum wage. Income inequality is ruining the country etc etc.

Very strange...methinks they see the worm turning with regards to Christie and Republican policies in general.

I found Joe's outburst hilarious. Joe said that if you keep money offshore, you should live offshore.

So is Joe asking Mitt Romney to self deport because he had a Cayman Islands bank account.

Wednesday Recap.

It's snowing in New York.

Another one of Joe's friends, is facing criminal charges. Governor Bob McDonnell is in trouble. Joe loved this guy in 2009 when he beat the Democratic Candidate.

Joe has a horrible track reord in picking political friends.

I remember Mika & Joe used to be very friendly with Gov Corzine in NJ before Christie won. Corzine was facing some SEC charges for running a mutual fund.

Joe used to tout Sanford from South Carolina as a family man before he went for Appalachia.

Joe loved the Gov Blagoyevich from Illinois who went to Jail. He tried to get bribes for Obama's senate seat.

Mika used to wear second hand clothes when her dad was working in the white house.

Mika is now making excuses for the McDonnells.

Given that many of Joe's friends end up in trouble, maybe they can do a special crossover episode with MSNBC Lockup:Morning Joe.

Joe said the feds have no proof.

Willie is back. Joe must still be mad at Dreamy.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

Bill Murray looked like he was having trouble reading his lines, but he did look just like Bannon.  

Although I think there's too much Kate Mckinnon on SNL, her Mika impersonation was priceless.  Also Fred Armisen as Michael Wolff.  I can't remember the name of the guy who was Joe but he had the pompadour down pat.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

So in other words Oakville the only thing that has really changed since 2014 is the addition of the Blue Bathrobe . . . :)

In all seriousness, I wonder what happened with Thomas Roberts.  

Roberts got his own show on MSNBC in the afternoon after leaving Morning Joe. The ratings were not great , so he left MSNBC in November 2017.

Interesting trivia fact is that he used to host the Trump miss Universe pagent in Russia! Who knew that Trump- Russia would still be in the news 5 years later.

• Love 2

I only saw a few moments of the impressions but McKinnon played Mika too smart.  Mika never knows what she's doing, and has never overtly flirted on set.  Mika is a dolt.  Kate nails how squirmy Mika is though.

• Love 3

I have to wonder what Meek-a thinks of the Kate McKinnon impression.  It was spot on, other than the overt flirting.  Hair, clothes, cup-sipping, facial expressions, over-the-top reactions, mannerisms.  Loved it.  And Joe answering his own questions.  But Joe's ego is so big that he is probably flattered that he was imitated on SNL.  Since Meek-a never watches tv or knows anything about pop culture (this from a MEDIA FIGURE) she may have a different take on it.  May get up early tomorrow to see if they mention it during the first segment. Wait, don't they rerun it?  Lazy lazy lazy.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, oakville said:

On Sunday Today, Willie only showed the part of the clip with Bill Murray as Bannon. I couldn't stop laughing at Kate's impression of Mika. Mika was wearing her blue bathrobe !

More MJ skits on SNL, please, and I hope McKinnon starts wearing scarves!

• Love 5

Uh oh, looks like Mika didn't take the SNL skit well.  Bunker Boy drew the short straw.

eta:  I was secretly hoping Kate McKinnon and Alex Moffat would open the show . . . :)

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Monday Recap. I have no sound on my TV. Aargh. I missed the first hour.

Did they even play a clip of the SNL spoof?

Joe is in the Bunker. Mika is off. The Brady Bunch panel with & boxes is silly. They are missing Alice, Jan & Bobby.

Marcia"elise" Brady showed up.

Joe is still furious about trump s**thole comments.

Will Trump be Andrew Johnson or Lyndon Johnson on race ? Meacham said that Johnson changed from anti civil rights in the 1950s to a Civil Rights leader in 1964.

Joe said Trump was popular with football fans.

Joe is worries about a cultural backlash against Trump voters. They are not racist like Trump but hate condescending elites from the media & Hollywood.

Trump is unpopular in Georgia but not football fans. They don't vote in the rain.

Barnicle is talking about scabs on race relations & Trump is ripping off the scabs.

Joe is trying to explain support for Trump. They were mad at elites so they voted for Trump.

• Love 2

Joe is worries about a cultural backlash against Trump voters. They are not racist like Trump but hate condescending elites from the media & Hollywood.

I wish he would stop making excuses for them. They might not think they're racist and he might not think they're racist, but they very clearly had no problem with racism, as it was well exhibited by Trump during the campaign.

And enough with the whole "condescending elites" narrative, Joe. Ya know what's condescending? An entire, sparsely populated region in the middle of the country that somehow feels like it ow s the mantle of "real America," versus all us heathens on the coasts.

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Barnicle is talking about scabs on race relations & Trump is ripping off the scabs.

Sorry to hear about your TV Oakville.  I couldn't listen to another second of conversations where the word "scab" dominated (Joe was bellowing at Katty about it and something about finally stomping racism into the ground at the beginning of the show.  Katty's eyes were as wide as her Botox would allow and finally at the end of his diatribe simply said maybe . . . ).

I don't know if they mentioned the skit or not but my guess would be nope.

• Love 4

Is Mika on this show anymore?

I only watched the first hour and found it very depressing. How we went from an exciting, vibrant country that would have a thoughtful, distinguished president to the current shit hole, is pathetic.

Usually I can't tolerate Rev Al for more than a few minutes but he's been quite good since last Thursday. I appreciate his insight into Dr King, the civil rights movement and long history of Trump's racism.

• Love 10