Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Haas said the Turks are attacking the pro USA Kurds that helped defeat Isis.

It's a post American world..

Mika called Trump Paw Paw. KCDC is flustered over Trump & the White House.

KC is wearing all black sweater with a black scarf. KC is ready for battle.

Joe called Trump Chauncy Gardner

Pence called Jerusalem the Capital of Israel. Mitchel was upset. Joe took off his glasses. Mika put her hands together in horror around her nose. Andrea said although other Presidents have promised to do this, they never follow through.

The Palestinians are mad about Jerusalem.

5 minutes ago, millennium said:

Aren't there conspiracy theories to this effect?

Yes. His intern, Lori died under mysterious circumstances.

Joe denied killing her.

Andrea is outraged that Pence was partisan in his comments to US troops overseas. Joe is mad at Pence.

GOD ALMIGHTY!!  Even a government shutdown cannot stop Kasie's lightening blots!  I can see this happening:  "And North Korea has launched a missile towards US territory, Kasie (insert lightening bolt graphic and sound) Hunt is covering."

PLEASE tell me that the 60ish protest-march sounding song played over the Womens March II coverage wasn't Joe's.  Because it sounded weird.

Edited to add at 8:15:

Joe dropped a new single. Inspired by the women’s march and dedicated to the resistance.

Wonder if they’ll treat us to a snippet on Monday - lol

HOLY COW I WAS RIGHT!!  Didn't read the previous posts b4 posting, sorry.

Joe I can see what you are doing.  Trump isn't going to fire 32 year old Stephen Miller because you are saying overandoverandover that he is controlling Trump.

Oakville, how many of us can you fit in your snug Canadian house?  We will sleep on floors, shovel snow and cart TVs around your house as payment.  HELP US!!!

Edited by WhineandCheez
10 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

GOD ALMIGHTY!!  Even a government shutdown cannot stop Kasie's lightening blots!  I can see this happening:  "And North Korea has launched a missile towards US territory, Kasie (insert lightening bolt graphic and sound) Hunt is covering."

PLEASE tell me that the 60ish protest-march sounding song played over the Womens March II coverage wasn't Joe's.  Because it sounded weird.

Joe I can see what you are doing.  Trump isn't going to fire 32 year old Stephen Miller because you are saying overandoverandover that he is controlling Trump.

Oakville, how many of us can you fit in your snug Canadian house?  We will sleep on floors, shovel snow and cart TVs around your house as payment.  HELP US!!!

Joe makes me laugh. Why does he have to make every political event about him & his music.

We have room in our house, WHINEANDCHEEZ !. The TV is going for recycling on Friday. The snow has melted.

Mika is freaking out over the ad showing illegal ( undocumented) immigrants complicit in the murders of US citizens.

Joe said Trump wants a shutdown to make Democrats look bad.

Elise Jordan said the GOP could be affected politically by the shutdown. Joe interrupted her to say that they will be SAVAGED!

Will Joe write a song about the GOP being doomed. He could do a remake of " Eve of Destruction"

• LOL 1

Meacham said that Wallace was a fringe candidate in 1968. Now a Wallace type candidate is in the White House.

Joe is rambling about his family switching from being solid FDR Democrats until 1968 . They switched to the GOP because they were upset with chaos and bra burning on college campus.

Yes!  That's it!  Eve of Destruction.  Brilliant.  That seems to be what he was going for.  

Oh well, listening to "the song" TWICE gave Mr. Kemper and me a laugh to start our day.  We've been waiting for Steve Schmidt.

And bra burning?  Really?  That is what upset Grandma and Grandpa?  Not the Vietnam War?  Not assassinations?  Priorities.

I wish Joe would stop his fake praising of President Obama. I highly doubt that in eight years he had one compliment to throw the president's way.

God love Senator Tammy Duckworth.

Edited by stormy
2 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

^^^^^ THIS.

If you go back & read recaps from the Obama era, Joe used to frequently bash Obama as a weak leader who refused to shmooze or talk to members from Congress & the Senate.

I am not particularly politically astute, but even I wouldn't fall for the baiting that Joe is trying to do with Trump. "A 32 year old assistant is leading  him around by his nose!" "Obama would never let an assistant tell him what to do". I used to do this with my kids when I wanted to shame them into doing something and it very seldom got them to look up from their devices.

Just now, Caseysgirl said:

I am not particularly politically astute, but even I wouldn't fall for the baiting that Joe is trying to do with Trump. "A 32 year old assistant is leading  him around by his nose!" "Obama would never let an assistant tell him what to do". I used to do this with my kids when I wanted to shame them into doing something and it very seldom got them to look up from their devices.

Exactly, he's firing all of his best insults and getting no response.  Trump must be locked away in the Defcon 5 level of the Fox News bunker . . . .

Stephanie Ruhle is on Morning Joe!. Mika dissapeared. Steve Scmidt is speaking from a Cowboy ranch about Trump.

Watch out for 32 year old staffers running the White House. Marcus said Trump can't fix everything alone.

28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Exactly, he's firing all of his best insults and getting no response.  Trump must be locked away in the Defcon 5 level of the Fox News bunker . . . .

Why won't Trump listen to a powerful pundit like Joe. Morning Joe ratings climbed from 146 th last Monday.

Ruhle is on the set with Mika now. Mika tried to kick her off the set by saying you have to go prep for your own show now!. Meow!!! Cat Fight between Ms. Pussy Galore & the Easily Riled RedHead ! Stephanie stole a short skirt from Mika's wardrobe !. Ruhle trashed Eric Trump.

Joe should write a song about Stephanie Ruhles!!!

1 hour ago, oakville said:

So does Teddysmom.  Laughable, ridiculous, and delusional came to mind as well. 

That was just beyond awful.  How about spending some of that Morning Joe money and getting rights to play Pink's "What About Us" instead of "Dad You're Embarrassing Us!! Stop It!!" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClU3fctbGls

Tell me this wouldn't have been more appropriate than a 50 year old white milllionaire's playing Bob Dylan. 

52 minutes ago, stormy said:

God love Senator Tammy Duckworth

Me too!!   She is awesome!  "Cadet Bone Spur"

Edited by teddysmom

Joe now says Steven Miller is running the show and will derail immigration.

Quote from @stormy on Jan. 11th. I guess Joe does have some insight into this administration? Because all the reporting this weekend is confirming that this is exactly what’s happening.

The music video - ye gods. They had a good chance to actually make that somewhat newsworthy if they had just played it over footage of all the marches this past weekend. The marches did not get a lot of coverage, at least compared to last year, so that would have at least made Joe’s song relevant to the news of the day. But instead they basically played a music video and most of the footage looked to be from last year’s marches, when it wasn’t of things like James Comey being sworn in. 

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

And bra burning?  Really?  That is what upset Grandma and Grandpa?  Not the Vietnam War?  Not assassinations?  Priorities.

His grandmother became a Republican because of the Vietnam War?  Does he really expect anyone to believe someone from the South became a Republican in the 60s because of protests?  And not the "Southern Strategy?" 

So she was for the war and wanted to support Nixon?   Okay.....

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Meacham said that Wallace was a fringe candidate in 1968. Now a Wallace type candidate is in the White House.

Joe is rambling about his family switching from being solid FDR Democrats until 1968 . They switched to the GOP because they were upset with chaos and bra burning on college campus.

Does Joe really expect viewers to believe that his Alabaman parents only switched to the GOP because they were upset with the chaos and bra burning on college campus.  Funny!  As opposed to what?  Nixon's Southern Strategy perhaps?  Or, President Johnson's prediction that the Democratic party would lose the South for a generation because of his enacting the Civil Right Act?  Come on, Joe.  Some of us were born at night, but we weren't born last night!

ETA:  Sorry, Teddysmom!  It seems we were on the same wavelength.

No problem MulletorHater!   Wouldn't it be nice if Meacham or someone else had the balls to stand up to Joe and say, "look we can't speak for your Grandmother, but the majority of Southerners who switched parties in the 60s did it because of the Southern Strategy, and the enactment of the Civil Rights Act,  not because they were terrified crazy hippies would show up at their house, steal their bras and burn them. And I don't even know what bringing up the King & Kennedy assassinations has to do with anything.  I've never heard of people switching political parties because of assassinations, unless it's proven that an Administration had something to do with it.  Which as we know, lone gunmen were the go to cause of assassinations back then. 

So Joe, go back to writing shitty songs and stop rewriting history. 

Joe is growing more delusional every day!  Between his and Mika's antics,  the show is just about unwatchable these days.

That song was pure crap.   People who care about him really should not be encouraging his "music".   How can they not be embarrassed for him?

20 minutes ago, neece26 said:

People who care about him really should not be encouraging his "music".   How can they not be embarrassed for him?

People in that category (who care about him) is Mika, and she's just as delusional as he is.   This is mid life crisis times a jillion for both of them. 

OMFG it's on spotify.  Sit down before you open this, the pic of Joe is not to be believed. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/47jCYRAXL3lSEHpUKR4bOD?si=UE2fuEWcS56LUe1RgVlalg

3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

HOLE EE SHIT!!!  Joe! You are NOT allow to wear dress shoes without socks unless you are under 25, gay, or work in fashion.  PREFERABLY ALL 3!!!

Perhaps special dispensation is awarded for those with Lyle Lovett hair?

I know Joe isn't fond of many if any of Trump's staff picks but he has always had it bad for Miller.  I still have this loop running in my head of Joe and Mika (before their break up with Trump) gliding into the Mar a Lago dining room and Miller knocking Joe out of the way so he gets to sit next to Cadet Bone Spurs at dinner . . . 

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

His grandmother became a Republican because of the Vietnam War?  Does he really expect anyone to believe someone from the South became a Republican in the 60s because of protests?  And not the "Southern Strategy?" 

So she was for the war and wanted to support Nixon?   Okay.....

Joe is not telling the truth. Many White Southern Democrats were furious at Johnson for passing the civil rights legislation, so they switched to the GOP. Joe thinks his audience is naive.

9 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I know Joe isn't fond of many if any of Trump's staff picks but he has always had it bad for Miller.  I still have this loop running in my head of Joe and Mika (before their break up with Trump) gliding into the Mar a Lago dining room and Miller knocking Joe out of the way so he gets to sit next to Cadet Bone Spurs at dinner . . . 

Mika & Joe were BFF with Jared & Ivanka at the beginning of the administration. Jared did not like Miller. Joe trashed Miller on Jared's behalf. Trump complained to Joe about picking on Miller at the "infamous seafood summit" with Mika & Joe at the White House.

19 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe were BFF with Jared & Ivanka at the beginning of the administration. Jared did not like Miller. Joe trashed Miller on Jared's behalf. Trump complained to Joe about picking on Miller at the "infamous seafood summit" with Mika & Joe at the White House.

I was thinking about that. Is Joe in Jared"s thrall again?

56 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

People in that category (who care about him) is Mika, and she's just as delusional as he is.   This is mid life crisis times a jillion for both of them. 

OMFG it's on spotify.  Sit down before you open this, the pic of Joe is not to be believed. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/47jCYRAXL3lSEHpUKR4bOD?si=UE2fuEWcS56LUe1RgVlalg

Joe is mad that people are making fun of him for not wearing socks. Important historical figures like Jesus, Alexander the Great, Bobby Kennedy  & FDR never wore socks.

6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is mad that people are making fun of him for not wearing socks. Important historical figures like Jesus, Alexander the Great, Bobby Kennedy  & FDR never wore socks.

And since you, Joe, are not an important historical figure, please wipe the self tanner off your ankles and put some fucking socks on. 

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

The Federalist is having none of it. 

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/21/joe-scarboroughs-latest-single-protest-song-no-one-waiting/

Can't wait for rebuttals from Yoko tomorrow morning. 

If you two would stop doing stupid shit that is so easy to make fun of......

Just sayin...

She already has responded. Branford Marsalis sais something complimentary about Joe's song on twitter, and Mika responded with:

"I love it too. “Stand” by Scarborough is a song for our times." (I don't know how to copy and paste tweets, sorry).

Oooh, the Federalist review is scathing! Will Joey muster the chutzpah to drag his bare ankles to the set tomorrow? Sometimes (OK, all the time) the lack of self-awareness with these two is staggering. AND it is flaunted, and conveniently beamed into my home via satellite. Score!

6 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Problem with Joe is he's trying to influence Trump by insulting him, which as we all know ALWAYS works. 

No Joe, you want to influence Trump you tell him "you're too smart to be played by the likes of Stephen Miller.  He's in it for himself, just like Bannon was, and he's trying to take you down from the inside. You were right to tell Dems you'd support Dreamers, and your poll numbers will go up if you show the good judgment Mika & I have seen you exhibit in the past". 

Yeah it's bullshit, but have we ever not seen Trump  go along with something if you tell him how smart he is? 

Edited by teddysmom

Joe pushing his "music" and Chris Matthews pushing his book.  I would call them conceited as..holes; but that would be an insult to as.holes.  And redundant.  There are no words to describe the ego of these two..well, three if you toss in Meek-a.  Just once I would like to tune in and see JoeMika sitting at the desks for the entire show.  I don't think Chris Cuomo and Allison Camerota do that.  Do any of the Fox and Friends?  Disappear for entire segments, I mean.  

Why can't MJ ask this Board to be on as a focus group.  You know, we are such special snowflakes that all media MUST check-in with us several times a year to see if we are still "unhappy" with the election results.  Like they do the Trump voters.  Mika could nod her head and have on her serious face; Joe (if he stayed on set) could tell us how folks in Alabama and Florida feel...and all his contacts.  We could ask him how things were back when he was in Congress.  Because that never gets old.

Joe got another review from Newsbusters. 5 screams out of 5 ! Joe is the James Taylor of his generation !

Some of the lyrics:

“Once in your life, you may get the chance to stand against a column of tanks”

“And once in your life, you may get the chance to say words like deep within your heart that change the outcome of the day”

“And how the world turns violently, we’re battered by the savagery but we will not wake not on bended knees, we will not go down quietly, will not go down silently”

“And though the world turns violently, we’re battered by the savagery, but we will not wake, not on bended knee, we will not go down quietly”

Media Research Center Vice President of Research Brent Baker explains our weekly pick: “This one blows away the one to five scream rating. Five screams not nearly enough. Joe Scarborough has become a parody of himself, abandoning any pretense of being taken seriously as a journalist as he tries to be a modern day James Taylor, but without any of the talent.”

Rating: Five out of five screams.

Yikes. But no! Not James Taylor. That's not fair to James Taylor. Besides I don't think of James Taylor as a protest singer/songwriter. Maybe Joe's in the Joan Baez camp. In his mind.

Edited by stormy
40 minutes ago, ktwo said:

Are any of their children not adults at this point?

Yes, Joe has an 9 year old son and a 14 year old daughter. Mika's daughters are college aged, and Joe has two older sons in their late twenties, who are both married.

There's a certain disconnect between the "Morning Joe" promo featuring a grave Scarborough intoning "This could be the end of democracy in America" (or whatever) and the reality of bad Scarborough music videos and Mika playing squealing pigs on her phone.

Joe said the shutdown stopped because Trump stayed out of the way. Stephen Miller is still running the White House!

There is a new centrist coalition that wants to get stuff done.

The progressive wing led by Kamala Harris & Corey "Tears of Rage" Booker voted no.

The CHIP funding for kids was renewed. Noah said the issue is off the table.

Joe is shouting in the bunker that if he was a Democrat he would tell voters he got CHIP funded. Joe admitted that he sounds like a democrat now. Democrats wear socks , Joe!

Joe & Noah are talking about the crazy wings in both parties.

Democrats have to learn how to fight!. Listen to Pundit Joe!. Kiddies now have health care!

CHIP is back! Doritos for everyone!. Pass the Guacamole.

Noah said there will be primary challenges to Democrats.

Barnicle is talking about a safe house for Senators in Susan Collins office. The car keys were taken away from Trump.

Barnicle is upset that No one likes the FBI.

Joe said when he was in Congress, they fought over big issues.

Joe is bellowing in the bunker. Senators should not be hand maidens to Stephen Miller.

Joe is attacking the Democratic Senators who voted No. They don't like CHIP Funding. C mon Joe!

Another special election in Pennsylvania. Joe mentioned a wealthy suburb may vote Democratic . Joe knows about Fountainbrook!.

Tsunami warnings in BC!

Jonathan Swan is in the back up Library with very few books. Did they forget about KC?

No one denies his story that Sessions & Trump wanted McCabe fired. Wray refused.

Trump said the FBI is out to get him & are politically favouring Hillary. They lost the 50,000 text messages about Strok?

Wilbur Ross is falling asleep in meetings & drooling. He has to stay awake!. He is the Commerce Secretary. Trump is mean and embarrassed him in a meeting.

Katty Kay is back with a new hairstyle. Katty is wearing black.