Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

What is with this show?  It's name is Morning Joe?  Why?  He can't even bother to be on his own set. 

The trump working with dems and going around the republicans is throw-up worthy.

• Love 1

That before and after of Hannity backpedalling over calling Trumps trying to fire Mueller lies and fake news was hysterical.  You'd think having no soul would make one look less bloated....

Did they ever say what happened to Donny (ie "the mugging")  Did his 25 year old girlfriend go to town on him with her French tips??

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

That before and after of Hannity backpedalling over calling Trumps trying to fire Mueller lies and fake news was hysterical.  You'd think having no soul would make one look less bloated....

Did they ever say what happened to Donny (ie "the mugging")  Did his 25 year old girlfriend go to town on him with her French tips??

Isn't that Hannity clip just the best? So he tried to fire Mueller.  So?  So what?  Reminded me of that all time classic clip with his lawyer Cohen and Brianna Keiler.  Scuzzbags.

I missed almost the whole show, I hope someone fills in the blanks about Donny and the mugging.  I hope Marla didn't take a swing at him . . . 

• Love 4

Love Richard Haas and Wes Moore for the win!  I'm glad Willie cut in to say how Trump is now droning on about if a Democrat had been elected the stock market would have tanked.  The minute that guy is off the leash/teleprompter he just can't help himself.

• Love 1

The silence after Noonan's "why doesn't Mueller just tell everyone he can be trusted?" suggestions was as  hilarious as it was telling that no one on the panel thinks she should be there. 

"Yeah okay Grandma, do you want to go upstairs? I think NCIS is on. That's the show with Mark Harmon that you like". 

• Love 8

Friday recap disrupted due to forum being down & me carting old tvs & other recycling to the curb.

Mika was off. Joe was in the bunker& Willie was on set.

Joe started with a scripted rant of him complaining about Trump trying to fire Muller last June. 

Its objustruction of Justice Friday. 

Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice by firing Comey & trying to fire Rosenstein , McCabe & several cast members of the Apprentice.

Joe is outraged that he even considered doing anything to obstruct Justice.

Elise smirked at Joe & said Muller bringing obstruction of justice charges against Trump would not create a national consensus because he was supposed to focus on Collusion.

Joe was too stunned to reply to her.

Joe blamed evangelicals for supporting Trump.

Joe blamed the GOP for allowing Trump to get away with his bad behavior in exchange for sexy tax cuts & a strong economy & less regulations.

Joe said the GOP is doomed in 2018 despite a strong economy.

Democrats lost in 1994 despite a strong economy. 

GOp lost in 2006 despite a strong economy.

Peggy blamed the wars in Afghanistan & Iraq for the poor GOP performance in 2006.

Joe was left speechless & didn’t respond to her.

Joe mocked Donnie for getting into fights with White Nationalists.

Perhaps Marla Maples hit Donnie.

There we’re breaking news chutons all over the screen today. 

Did they discuss Trumps new proposal for the Dreamers?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was too stunned to reply to her.

me too.  Really, Elise?  How do you know Mueller doesn't have both those aces up his sleeve? No one cares about obstruction of justice? Tell that to Richard Nixon.  BTW, he still had pretty good support from R's during Watergate.  And if Trump did nothing, why is he so hot to fire anyone who might find out he did nothing? 

Come on Elise. You're smarter than that. 

• Love 12

I only just now noticed Mika wasn't on the show.  Hilarious.  The show is SO MUCH better without her.
It's sexist, I know, but I prefer her in turtlenecks and heels, reading things and calmly kicking it to commercial... otherwise I have no use for her.  She can be an inoffensive attractive object well, but she can't be a political anchor.

Peggy Noonan embarrassed herself this morning.  I'm sure she's a fine lady to have dinner with and she can probably tell great stories (if you could stomach her ideological conservatism), but she's past her prime.  Her comments on the Q4 economic numbers were bizarre.  Also, she appears to be an apologist for Trump.

23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was left speechless & didn’t respond to her.

This happened 3x when Noonan spoke.

• Love 5
On 1/24/2018 at 12:48 PM, izabella said:

Elise smirked at Joe & said Muller bringing obstruction of justice charges against Trump would not create a national consensus because he was supposed to focus on Collusion.

I thought what she was getting at here is that if Mueller doesn't show collusion the Trump apologists will immediately go on the warpath with the old, "IT'S NOT OBSTRUCTION BECAUSE THERE IS NO UNDERLYING CRIME" defense.

• Love 1

I'm listening via podcast, and the reaction to the Hannity clip is hilarious even without the video. Love that he says it is a *red* SUV -- if only he had added "shiny".  I'll have to look up the video to see how beat up Donny looks.  

2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Isn't that Hannity clip just the best? So he tried to fire Mueller.  So?  So what?  Reminded me of that all time classic clip with his lawyer Cohen and Brianna Keiler.  Scuzzbags.

I missed almost the whole show, I hope someone fills in the blanks about Donny and the mugging.  I hope Marla didn't take a swing at him . . . 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I thought what she was getting at here is that if Mueller doesn't show collusion the Trump apologists will immediately go on the warpath with the old, "IT'S NOT OBSTRUCTION BECAUSE THERE IS NO UNDERLYING CRIME" defense.

I agree. However, Elise has to do a better job of keeping up with Joe’s raging rant of the day. 

The 4 themes of Morning Joe are

1. Trump has dementia

2. Trump is tearing apart the Constitution with his attacks on the media

3. Trump is a patsy of Putin who lent him money after filing for bankruptcy.

4. Trump is obstructing justice because he doesn’t want the media to find out about point 3

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

This has to be one of the worst shows ever.  No energy or direction (especially after Peggy spoke).  It had the same energy that I have seen at candle parties I have been dragged to because my friend signed up for some silly hostess gift.

Oakville, I am so glad to see you are back onboard!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

It had the same energy that I have seen at candle parties I have been dragged to because my friend signed up for some silly hostess gift.

Maybe that's where Peggy thinks she is.  "Can I have a little more Chardonnay?  By the way, why doesn't Bob Mueller just go on tv and tell everyone to relax?  Ooh I like this sandalwood one!" 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe that's where Peggy thinks she is.  "Can I have a little more Chardonnay?  By the way, why doesn't Bob Mueller just go on tv and tell everyone to relax?  Ooh I like this sandalwood one!" 

I just saw this segment. Peggy was so out of touch with the rest of the panel. Ari Melber freaked out at the thought of Mueller providing updates before the investigation is finished. Peggy still thinks she is in the Reagan White House. She used to tell the anecdote of shouting "Daddy's home" when Reagan came back to the White House after a trip.

• Love 4

Friday Recap continued.

Donnie is worried that people will focus on the stronger economy, higher paycheques & their own situation rather than the chaos in Washington.

The panel was worried about Trump signing an immigration deal with the Democrats. Mike Murphy is back. He said the GOP should sign DACA free and clear then focus on building the wall as a campaign issue in 2018.

Murphy still hasn't explained how he speent $100M on the Jeb! campaign and got so few votes.

Steele said that Trump wants an immigration deal & a Wall as part of his legacy.

Joe was surprised at how popular Trump was at Davos. The leader of Pakistan went to talk to him.

No one wanted to talk to Theresa May. No one cares about the UK after Brexit.

Wes Moore is back. He wanted to talk about poverty . He said the stats that show low unemployment & a booming stock market don't reflect reality. People are poor & work 2 or 3 jobs. Poverty still exists.

Peggy drank more Chardonnay during the break & started talking about Trump's forgotten voters being confused by Davos.

Joe said that Corporate Tax Cuts don't help people.

Joe called Trump a pig in the mud going to Davos. Trump likes wealthy & powerful people, so Davos is his crowd.

The panel called Trump's speech in Davos low energy. He was like a Mayor or Chamber of Commerce speech.

Joe was upset that Trump stayed on script.

Joe said Trump doesn't like foreign aid & the Marshall Plan.

Joe liked Trump explaining that other countries put their interests first. Joe warned tweeters not to send him complaints since he started complimenting Trump.

Donnie started talking about Trump rebranding the USA as a place to invest.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:43 AM, Chloesmom said:

I love Wes Moore.  What a great, sobering guest, they should have him on much more often.

Wes Moore used to be a regular a panelist a few years ago. I am glad that he is back.

• Love 3

Joe was very disapointed with the 4 th quarter GDP number at 2.6%. The economy was growing above 3%.

Peggy had more Chardonnay & was baffled because the number was low but people were bus Christmas shopping, so the number had to be higher. Peggy has never heard of seasonally adjusted economic reports.

Peggy said people will be happy with a strong economy & forget about Trump.

Joe said it was too soon to see if the tax cuts would be a success or failure. It took till 1984 & Reagan winning 49 states to find out.

That's ridiculous Joe. Joe has forgot that he was mouthing off for two weeks before Christmas  about the tax cuts dooming America. It would be a disaster and the deficit would skyrocket!. I am worried about Joe not remembering his talking points.

Joe should stop discussing economic issues. He is clueless about those stats.

Donnie Deutsh came on to complain about income inequality.

Wes Moore was upset about no heating in Baltimore schools on the day that the Dow reached 25,000.

Shouldn't Moore try and find out why there was no heating in the school?

Willie congratulated Wes for serving in Afghanistan.

Wes Moore said everyone forgot about Afghanistan after the Soviets left. The Taliban rented out space to Bin Laden. It became a mess and they attacked the USA in 2001.

Peggy was excited that Trump cheered up after his boring speech & started being Trump again. Trump does not like prepared speeches.

Next week, Mika & Joe will be in Washington for the State of the Union. Joe gets to sit with his former colleagues because he used to be a member. Joe usually sits with Maxine Watters.

• Love 3

Laura Brown came on from InStyle to say that Oprah will not run for President. She gave a good speech at the Golden Globes.

Laura said Oprah would prefer to be appointed President.

Donnie said there will be a pendulum switch in 2020. It could be another celebrity like Tom Hanks, the Rock against TRump or a serious established politician.

Donnie mentioned Joe! as a potential Presidential candidate. LOL!

Joe should go back to the studio if he wants to be taken seriously.

• Love 2

Mika just tweeted this about an article on Hillary Clinton:

“This exposes again the trademark Clinton failure to take personal responsibility; the allergy to owning up to error; the refusal to cede any ground, no less apologize; the incessant double-standarding, with more forgiving rules for the Clintons.”

What does Mika have up her ass about the Clintons?  Her fiance is a philandering, abusive, cheater, but hey, that's cool.  Hillary Clinton, however, must be the United States' barometer of morality ,and ANYTHING short of perfection is a whole failure.  Fuck Mika.  I don't know why I let such a flea irritate me.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe was surprised at how popular Trump was at Davos. The leader of Pakistan went to talk to him.

Yep I too was totally shocked that a bunch of insanely rich people didn't throw food at the guy that is blowing away rules and regulations that keep little folks somewhat safe at a breakneck speed and will provide them with even greater profits.  Yep, it's a mystery to me too.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

Next week, Mika & Joe will be in Washington for the State of the Union. Joe gets to sit with his former colleagues because he used to be a member. Joe usually sits with Maxine Watters.

I hope he remembers to pack a pair of socks.  I didn't realize he would be going.  Man he's going to be cranking that Way Back machine to full blast the next day.

• Love 4

One day later in the week Joe was going on and on about how conservativism was purged in the sixties by William F. Buckley, who kept crackpots like the John Birch Society out of the movement and out of the Republican Party.  Joe at least owes Charlie Sykes a plug for his book, "How the Right Lost its Mind."  If Joe had had used Sykes' material in his WaPo column without attribution the way he did on the show, Sykes would have a good case for plagiarism. 

I'm almost finished with the book and I'm surprised I've only scratched "Bullshit!" into the margins maybe three times. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Peggy still thinks she is in the Reagan White House. She used to tell the anecdote of shouting "Daddy's home" when Reagan came back to the White House after a trip.

Eeeewwwwww.

Eeeewwwwww.

Eeeewwwwww.

There's not enough Chardonnay in the world to make this OK.

Or was this one of those <sarcasm alert> thingies that went over my head???

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Mika just tweeted this about an article on Hillary Clinton:

“This exposes again the trademark Clinton failure to take personal responsibility; the allergy to owning up to error; the refusal to cede any ground, no less apologize; the incessant double-standarding, with more forgiving rules for the Clintons.”

What does Mika have up her ass about the Clintons?  Her fiance is a philandering, abusive, cheater, but hey, that's cool.  Hillary Clinton, however, must be the United States' barometer of morality ,and ANYTHING short of perfection is a whole failure.  Fuck Mika.  I don't know why I let such a flea irritate me.

Mika really hates the Clintons. Yet she was cheering for Hillary when she appeared on the show.

Joe was able to convince his ex wife #2 to sign a statement that was released to the public that he was faithful to her during their marriage. It is very odd.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Eeeewwwwww.

Eeeewwwwww.

Eeeewwwwww.

There's not enough Chardonnay in the world to make this OK.

Or was this one of those <sarcasm alert> thingies that went over my head???

Sadly, It's true! A staff member would clap when Reagan's helicopter returned to the White House & chant "Daddy's Home" LOL

http://www.peggynoonan.com/72/

• Love 3
On 1/27/2018 at 8:42 AM, oakville said:

Are they going to be in Washington for the State of the Union? I saw that Joe and Mika are going to be on the Tonight Show on Tuesday, which is the same day as the State of the Union, and the Tonight Show is taped in New York.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cased said:

Are they going to be in Washington for the State of the Union? I saw that Joe and Mika are going to be on the Tonight Show on Tuesday, which is the same day as the State of the Union, and the Tonight Show is taped in New York.

That's weird. Joe usually gets a big kick out of sitting with his former colleagues in Congress. I thought I saw an ad that they would be in Washington for the speech.

Is Joe now too cool to show up in Washington for the State of the Union? Trump may have forced all attendees to wear socks for the State of the Union.

Kimmel has Stormy Daniels as a guest  for the State of the Union & NBC counters with Mika & Joe? Yikes!

• Love 3
On 1/27/2018 at 9:37 PM, oakville said:

Mika really hates the Clintons.

Hillary killed on the Grammys.  Mika's whole week is likely ruined.  She's gonna wonder why Hillary used that time to mock Trump instead of apologizing for everything in the world outside of Hillary's control.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Hillary killed on the Grammys.  Mika's whole week is likely ruined.  She's gonna wonder why Hillary used that time to mock Trump instead of apologizing for everything in the world outside of Hillary's control.

Michael Wolff must be excited that the Grammys had various artists & Hillary reading excerpts from his book during the show.

Joe has argued on the show that since Hillary lost the election she is immune from any criticism of her decisions during the 2008 & 2016 campaigns.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, oakville said:

That's weird. Joe usually gets a big kick out of sitting with his former colleagues in Congress. I thought I saw an ad that they would be in Washington for the speech.

Is Joe now too cool to show up in Washington for the State of the Union? Trump may have forced all attendees to wear socks for the State of the Union.

Kimmel has Stormy Daniels as a guest  for the State of the Union & NBC counters with Mika & Joe? Yikes!

Hee!  Looks like Colbert is working clean that night.  No known adulterers booked for his Tuesday show.

Mika just actually, literally said that “Women need to have a strong voice they can use.”

Has she paid attention to who she is sitting next to?

And now she is lamenting how you “can’t discuss the nuances” of #metoo with out getting “skewered.” Is she seriously so self unaware that she got skewered because she posted on social media her opinion that the women Halperin victimized owed it to him to sit down and meet with him? HE RUBBED HIS DICK ON THEM IN THE OFFICE. Why should anyone help him feel better about himself now?

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Eliot said:

HE RUBBED HIS DICK ON THEM IN THE OFFICE.

I don't care how much she liked him before I don't know how she can even think to defend him after that news broke about such an overt and gross act.  And what's worse is she doesn't even realize she has tanked whatever credit she had banked from her NYW gig.  Useless.

I have to say I like those show teases showing up in the lower right hand corner.  For someone like me that has a tendency to wander off, I find that useful.

• Love 1

Monday Recap. Joe is still in the bunker. Mika is in he studio wearing a violet bathrobe over a black top. Mike Allen is on the show.

Today's villain is Devon Nunes. He prepared a memo showing abuses by the FBI to get the FISA warrants so that surveillance could be done on the Trump campaign.

Joe is terrifed of the memo. Joe keeps hammering anyone who wants to release the memo. The memo will muddy the waters from Trump's guilt.

Joe hates Paul Ryan if he releases the memo.

The memo is run by Russian Bots & evil Cylons.

Trump has corrupted Washington with lashing out at the FBI.

Rosenstein is a Democrat.

Robert Costa said that releasing the memo will expose guilt on top members of the Justice Department & FBI.

Joe said he was tough on Lindsay Graham , but now that he is opposed to releasing the memo , he is a hero.

Follow Joe's latest rants or be scrned.

Andrea said that Devon was cleared by the ethics committee for last year's stunts. Joe is furious that he was cleared. He is an evil troll according to Joe.

I think Joe hates Nunes more than Stephen Miller.

Joe said that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice. He admitted it to Lester Holt.

The show did a segment on SNL & the metoo movement. Mika said she got skewerd for her positions on rehabilitating Halperrin & others.

Mika's voice should be listened to!. Listen to Meeka!

Everyone was excited about Barry ? Weiss op ed in the NY Times.

Barry Weiss wants due process for sex offenders rather than trial by Twitter.

Confessore admitted that the bonuses that companies are paying as a result of the Trump Tax Cuts.

Joe called the bonuses a one off & people may get fired next year.

Joe is mad at Carrier for closing the plant.

Noah Rothman is getting irate at GOP led conspiracies.

Noah looks like a young Halperin. His tie is too big.

The Democrats have  counter memo!.

Memos for all!

Joe said you can't analyze the tax cuts until a few years later. Joe forgot that he said that the tax cuts would doom the economy.

There are so many guests on the how, but they are in various studios,

Andrea is mad at Trump destroying norms.

George Will looks horrible. My  new tv makes people look bad.

Will said that Trump can't use the justice department to go after his enemies.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 6