Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, suomi said:

Why did they give a Canadian test to an American president? Are the Canucks trying to take over?

The test is similar to the MMSE(Mini Metal Standard Exam)  test that my dad used to take for Alzheimer's. I never knew about the Montreal test even though I was born & raised there. Trump had to identify a camel & rhinocerus.

• Love 4

I wish Scarborough would stop describing cretins like Senators Cotton and Perdue as "good men" who also happen to be liars.

You can't be a good man AND be a liar.

Sorry if your affinity and prior loyalties to these brazen liars reflects poorly on you, Bunker Boy, but describing them them as "good men" doesn't mitigate it in the least.  

• Love 13

Wednesday Recap beginning at 6 15 am due to new DVR not taping Morning Joe.

Mika has a new light violet bathrobe draped over the black turtleneck . I don't like it. she is forced to work in the studio while Joe is in the Bunker. Willie is on set. kasie! is in the library. Did she get a lightning intro?

Mika is happy that Lindsay Graham is back to criticizing Trump. They had a DACA deal but Kelly & other staff members derailed the deal.

Mika is very upset that the Doctor ruled Trump is healthy. This is worse for America because it means that Trump is evil!.

Ratner would support some border security in exchange fr a DACA deal but not a wall.

Mika is mad that the GOP is proposing to reduce Obamacare taxes. They are revenue sources. Ratner said the taxes are unpopular. Mika gave Ratner a death stare.

The panel is upset that Mancin & Macaskill may vote to keep the government open.

Joe wants a shutdown over DACA. This is a popular issue for Democrat activists. Keeping the government closed until DACA is passed would electrify the Democrats.

Joe was very upset about Trump only weighing 239 pounds. Joe discussed the Girther debate with popular athletes pictures at 239 pounds being compared to Trump.

Joe was mad at Axelrod for saying that the Doctor had good credentials.

Joe was mad that this was Obama's doctor, so that if he trashed his reputation, he would upset Obama who appointed this doctor.

Joe said he knew people who weighed 230 pounds & they don't look like Trump.

Joe is mad at Nielsen for not knowing if Norway had more white people. Isn't Nielsen a norwegian name?

Joe was excited about the shithole vs shithouse debate. Joe said it was good for ratings.

Mika is flipping out over Nielsen.

There are new lights in the bunker that beam brightly on Joe's wavy hair. Joe is at maximum poofiness.

Joe is excited that the Democrats won a legislative seat in Wisconsin for the first time in 20 years.

Joe aid the Democrats be kind message is working!.

Joe warned the GOP that they are doomed by losing these state legislative seats.

Joe said he was right to warn Democrats about losing 1000 seats during the Obama era.

Joe said there is a constitutional crisis & they should not lose their reputations for Trump.

Perdue & Cotton are losing their official Morning Joe friend of the show status by lying for Trump.

Mika is raising her voice over Nielsen. Nielsen does not know her Value

Joe compared Nielsen to Robert McNamara in Vietnam over lying about Norway!

• Love 6

When they showed a clip of the DHS secretary Kirstjen Nielsen testifying, all I could think of wereTrump's words, "When you are rich they let you..."

Edited by madfortv
Correct wording
  • Love 9

The Kirstjen Nielsen was disturbing.  She comes across as so vitally unprepared for the job as DHS secretary. 

I wish Mika would just read from a script.  When she tries to talk off the cuff and give her opinion, it's painful to watch.  She seems lost and unable to articulate her thoughts into words.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, stormy said:

The Kirstjen Nielsen was disturbing.  She comes across as so vitally unprepared for the job as DHS secretary. 

I wish Mika would just read from a script.  When she tries to talk off the cuff and give her opinion, it's painful to watch.  She seems lost and unable to articulate her thoughts into words.

Mika had trouble reading the word suspension. She called it sustain.

Mike should just start Facetiming her appearances. She needs to stop wearing bathrobes to the studio

• Love 6

I was in the other room when Mika started asking DeBlasio about Trump.  That seemed awkward just from the conversation, I couldn't see DeBlasio's face.  Is she going to ask everyone on the show about Trump's brain? If so, at least book Stephen Miller or KAC and make it fun for the viewers. 

Or, why not just go out and do a man on the street segment, Mika?

" Sir, can I ask you a question about Donald Trump's mental fitness?  Do you think he is batshit insane, crazy, or pure evil? "

"No, normal is not a choice, you have to pick from one of the three I mentioned". 

Also, Landsnark thanks for the pic of Tebow.  yowza

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

What was with Nielsen's outfit yesterday?  How did she get the job?  Kelly recommended her?  She is a protege of his?  I swear, she wasn't popping cleavage during the hearing...but it was close.  Let's see...

Blond..check.  Long hair-ed-blond..check. Somewhat inappropriate top/blouse..check. Ability to seemingly tell falsehoods..check.  I predict her next job will be with Fox News.   I had never really paid any attention to her before yesterday.   I love that MJ can be deadly with the sarcasm/criticism but appear to be a news show just seeking the truth.  

And the clip with Ashleigh (!) Banfield was excellent.  She made her point about the Ansari accusations without a lot of drama.  Meeka should take note.  I wouldn't mind her bathrobe so much if it fit.  Wonder if she is wearing her pajama bottoms with it?  Maybe a tailored bathrobe.

• Love 6

After a few hours of carting tv's around the house,it turns out that the DVR Box is faulty & the TV is fine. Regular recaps will resume tomorrow. Thanks Cogeco!

Chloe'smom and I each get our $5 back....

Dr Vinny Boombatz's

I was listening to the entire "report" on Sirius and I thought perhaps I was listening to a 14 year old boy reading the homeroom news.  He was stuttering, stammering and using "you know" and "um" more than Caroline Kennedy.  Either he's very inexperienced with media or HE IS A LYING LIAR WHO LIES??? Which is it?  I say, let's get Dr. Jason Bull on this STAT!  Just watch, in about a month the Dr. will be relocating to his new condo on the 10th green at Mar a Lago.

Mika is very upset that the Doctor ruled Trump is healthy. This is worse for America because it means that Trump is evil!.

Yep, there goes Joe's pet theory that Trump has either Dementia, Alzheimers, or Munchausens By Proxy.

kasie! is in the library. Did she get a lightning intro?

She sure as hell did!!  All of America was embarrassed for her.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Kemper said:

And the clip with Ashleigh (!) Banfield was excellent.  She made her point about the Ansari accusations without a lot of drama.  Meeka should take note.  I wouldn't mind her bathrobe so much if it fit.  Wonder if she is wearing her pajama bottoms with it?  Maybe a tailored bathrobe

It's a little early for a wine cardigan, Mika. Pick one top. You're starting to look like the female version of Steve Bannon. 

3 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Cheer up Mika look at it this way - He's a cross between Dr Evil & Fat Bastard.  He's Fat Evil Bastard.   

• Love 8

Mika made a side reference today about being mocked on Twitter and SNL for opposing Trump. She seems to be utterly oblivious to the fact that she is not being mocked for her opinions, but rather for the immature and attention-grabbing way she tries to express them.

• Love 9

Ashleigh Banfield was great.  I've always been a huge fan of hers.
Perhaps she's Mika's replacement?  While she is dreamy to just look at, the interplay between her and Joe would be abrasive.
Maybe she and Stephanie Ruehl would make a great duo?  I don't really like Ali Velshi.  I feel like in his private life he wears a bunch of rings and wears silky button downs unbuttoned to his navel with a lot of pendant necklaces.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Mika made a side reference today about being mocked on Twitter and SNL for opposing Trump. She seems to be utterly oblivious to the fact that she is not being mocked for her opinions, but rather for the immature and attention-grabbing way she tries to express them.

Oh sweet jeezus, YES!  Her eye-rolls, sighs, pursed lips, raised brows, smirks.  I.can't.stand.it.  She's a parody of her own self.  There is nothing SNL could do to top it.  That whole skit could easily have been a clip from MJ.   -   My question is - Joe does not suffer fools gladly; how the hell did he wind up with her?????

On a lighter note, I know some were not digging Meek-a's outfit today, but I thought the colors looked pretty on her.  But yes, the sweater did look like a robe.  Or...was it an actual robe?  With her and her wardrobe choices, who knows.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

My question is - Joe does not suffer fools gladly; how the hell did he wind up with her?????

You don't know the story? He used to watch her do the overnight news at the breaks and fell madly in love with her, ie thought she was hot, and asked her to be on the new show. Then she thru a hissy fit about reading some story on Paris Hilton and it was love.   

SNL could top what they've done. They could start a skit with no one sitting in the host chairs, and then Mika & Joe climbing up into their chairs from the floor with their clothes half off. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

You don't know the story? He used to watch her do the overnight news at the breaks and fell madly in love with her, ie thought she was hot, and asked her to be on the new show. Then she thru a hissy fit about reading some story on Paris Hilton and it was love.   

SNL could top what they've done. They could start a skit with no one sitting in the host chairs, and then Mika & Joe climbing up into their chairs from the floor with their clothes half off. 

No, I was not in the loop about all this great dish!  Didn't know a thing about Squinty watching her read the news = ?.  I do remember her tantrum about the Paris Hilton crap but I didn't know that Joe got a woody over it.  The stuff I learn here! 

You should send a resume to SNL.   Your skit scenario is better than anything they actually do. 

• Love 4

I actually turned the TV off when Mika was set to talk about the #Metoo movement AGAIN. I am open to debate on the issue and I understand its complicated but I refuse to hear Mika speak about it. She is so self- righteous, especially for someone sleeping with their boss. Look in the mirror Mika. Its not so easy to tell someone no, is it?

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I loved the part in the SNL skit when they are playing Joe’s music & Joe pretends to not know what song it is. Mika tells Joe it is his song & he should stop aggrandize get himself!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

No, I was not in the loop about all this great dish!  Didn't know a thing about Squinty watching her read the news = ?.  I do remember her tantrum about the Paris Hilton crap but I didn't know that Joe got a woody over it.  The stuff I learn here! 

You should send a resume to SNL.   Your skit scenario is better than anything they actually do. 

The story as Joe tells it is that Mika used to do the newsbreak cut-ins on his show Scarborough Country. But, since Joe did his show from Florida, he never met Mika. When Mika used to toss back to Scarborough Country - "...and now back to Scarborough Country", she would say Scarborough Country in a mocking way. Then when Joe went to NY to audition for the MSNBC morning show, he saw Mika and went to say hello. He then said "By the way, I know you make fun of my show". Mika then supposedly said "how can I make fun of a show I've never seen" (because according to Mika, she talked to her kids and paid her bills in between her newsbreaks). It was after this response  that Joe decided that he wanted Mika as a co-host.

I have no idea how much of this is true, and how much is mad up for effect, but that is the story they tell.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I do remember her tantrum about the Paris Hilton crap but I didn't know that Joe got a woody over it.  The stuff I learn here! 

Woody, haha, I just spewed some of my lunch by laughing.  Damn you guys!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, cased said:

The story as Joe tells it is that Mika used to do the newsbreak cut-ins on his show Scarborough Country. But, since Joe did his show from Florida, he never met Mika. When Mika used to toss back to Scarborough Country - "...and now back to Scarborough Country", she would say Scarborough Country in a mocking way. Then when Joe went to NY to audition for the MSNBC morning show, he saw Mika and went to say hello. He then said "By the way, I know you make fun of my show". Mika then supposedly said "how can I make fun of a show I've never seen" (because according to Mika, she talked to her kids and paid her bills in between her newsbreaks). It was after this response  that Joe decided that he wanted Mika as a co-host.

This could be more accurate than my recollection. I didn't watch Country much (ever) so I don't remember her doing the news breaks.  

"I never watch your show".  Mika, you little minx!  

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

This could be more accurate than my recollection. I didn't watch Country much (ever) so I don't remember her doing the news breaks.  

"I never watch your show".  Mika, you little minx!  

I didn't watch Scarborough Country much either. I remember it being on, but I didn't like it because it seemed like Joe just constantly yelled (much worse than he is now, if that is possible).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I loved the part in the SNL skit when they are playing Joe’s music & Joe pretends to not know what song it is. Mika tells Joe it is his song & he should stop aggrandize get himself!

They do that fake what-is-this-that-I'm-seeing/hearing schtick a LOT.   My favorite part of the SNL sketch was McKinnon riffing on Mika's Greek chorus act while Scarborough is talking.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cased said:

I have no idea how much of this is true, and how much is mad up for effect, but that is the story they tell.

That’s true! I forgot that Joe had a bunker in Pensacola!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Where the heck was he this morning? They were both in studio yesterday right?  

It's like they're on the run from the mob or something how they're always in a different undisclosed location. 

Joe was back in the CT bunker.  He got to sleep in while Mika had to trek into the office.  He also disappeared for the last hour or more.  

• Love 4

I stopped watching CNN's New Day show at 6 a.m. due to Alisyn Camerota's frequent "Trump Voter Panels" because it normalized the viewpoints of those who would stand by and let our democracy be destroyed for the sake of a new factory job or two

I don't appreciate Scarborough trying to squeeze some some mileage from that now, promoting the New York Times' ill-advised decision to give that faction of our society a prominent forum in today's edition.

Pardon me now while I go cancel my subscription to the Times.   I subscribed last year because I thought it was important to support the press at a time when it was under attack.   But I'm not paying to read this kind of shit, especially on the morning after the "Fake News Awards."   

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, millennium said:

I stopped watching CNN's New Day show at 6 a.m. due to Alisyn Camerota's frequent "Trump Voter Panels" because it normalized the viewpoints of those who would stand by and let our democracy be destroyed for the sake of a new factory job or two

I don't appreciate Scarborough trying to squeeze some some mileage from that now, promoting the New York Times' ill-advised decision to give that faction of our society a prominent forum in today's edition.

Pardon me now while I go cancel my subscription to the Times.   I subscribed last year because I thought it was important to support the press at a time when it was under attack.   But I'm not paying to read this kind of shit, especially on the morning after the "Fake News Awards."   

I agree with you, millennium. Joe was salivating over the Times' "in the spirit of open debate," feature this morning.  I shouldn't be surprised though because for all of JS's so-called criticism of DJT, scarborough CANNOT STOP relating all of DJT's sins and transgressions to the "failures" of Obama and Bill Clinton. Joe's false equivalencies are constantly thrown in the convo wily-nilly,  and Joe has no shame about it at all.  I can't stand him.

millennium, did you catch the very beginning of the show?  Was I misunderstanding Mika, or am I losing my mind?   Yesterday's big news was chief of staff Kelly's admission that Trump's campaign promises re The Wall were "uninformed."  Yet when Mika read from the prompter, in her aggrieved, persnickety manner, I thought I heard her quote Kelly as saying "Trump was fully informed."  Nobody corrected her, right?

I do agree with the discussion just now talking about the WH suck-up physician's performance the other day.  Very, very strange and Trumpian, and I don't care that he was Obama's doc too.  That doc NEVER was so effusive over Mr O.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 5

Joe's attack on the "doctor" was funny.  The "doctor" must be on crack and I'm glad Joe and the panel criticised  him heavily.

I now think this "doctor" is Carnac.  He had no problem problem predicting the future.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

I agree with you, millennium. Joe was salivating over the Times' "in the spirit of open debate," feature this morning.  I shouldn't be surprised though because for all of JS's so-called criticism of DJT, scarborough CANNOT STOP relating all of DJT's sins and transgressions to the "failures" of Obama and Bill Clinton. Joe's false equivalencies are constantly thrown in the convo wily-nilly,  and Joe has no shame about it at all.  I can't stand him.

millennium, did you catch the very beginning of the show?  Was I misunderstanding Mika, or am I losing my mind?   Yesterday's big news was chief of staff Kelly's admission that Trump's campaign promises re The Wall were "uninformed."  Yet when Mika read from the prompter, in her aggrieved, persnickety manner, I thought I heard her quote Kelly as saying "Trump was fully informed."  Nobody corrected her, right?

I do agree with the discussion just now talking about the WH suck-up physician's performance the other day.  Very, very strange and Trumpian, and I don't care that he was Obama's doc too.  That doc NEVER was so effusive over Mr O.

Scarborough comes across as a reformed alcoholic suffering serious temptation to hit the bottle again.   I don't get what it is about Trump that leads so many people to abandon their dignity and self-respect.  (Any Angel fans out there?  Remember Jasmine?) 

Mika did say "fully informed" but she corrected herself in the next breath and re-read the line correctly.

• Love 4

stormy, Twitter went into overdrive re the doc and the physical.  http://toofab.com/2018/01/16/twitter-explodes-over-donald-trumps-physical-results-his-weight-and-use-of-propecia/

MJ having tech problems this morning.  Plus Mika sounds drugged.  Very slow and not reacting appropriately.

ETA:   thanks, millennium.  I guess I clicked off a millisecond too fast...I was way disgusted with her.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

Thursday Recap. Mika & Joe are in the studio together!.

Mika is wearing a black bathrobe over a red top. It's "explain Trump to those outside the bubble day".

Joe is mad that regular Americans are not more upset about the attack on the media. Joe said people in Pensacola are too busy paying mortgages and sending kids to college too worry about the media elite getting insulted by Trump.

Joe compared the sentiment in NY to Bush winning re election in 2004. Everyone called him Hitler.

Joe was mad at Obama for not doing more theatre & selling his policies.

The NY Times is doing a profile of pro Trump voters. There are 63M. Why aren't they mad at Trump.

Trump's approval is close to what it was all year despite all the gaffes.

Mika is mad that the Trump Pornstar story isn't getting more traction.

Joe is mad at evangelicals for bashing Clinton about sex but leaving Trump alone.

Joe mispronounced Chutzpah.

Joe is worried about Trump getting re elected in 2020 after the Democrats take back the House in 2018.

Joe talked about the Katie Couric podcast.

Joe is worried about being in a bubble.

Trump is working on getting a Wall built.

Joe made fun of the cognitive test. Joe knows what a Pig looks like.

Joe mocked Trump's exercise habits.

• Love 4

Joe took off his glasses several times by reading the NY Times articles. The audio feed was lost on Robert Costa.

Heidi was in the library by herself. No one talked to her for several segments. Let Heidi speak!

Joe is ranting about the Doctor that gave Trump his medical exam!. Joe should challenge him to a Duel!. No one knows medecine like joe!

Mika said that Obama worked out every day! He was healthier than Trump.

Joe is ignorant about the cognitive tests. They are used every day.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe took off his glasses several times by reading the NY Times articles. The audio feed was lost on Robert Costa.

Heidi was in the library by herself. No one talked to her for several segments. Let Heidi speak!

They seem addled this morning.  Wake up morons!

• Love 2

Mika was busy on her phone & drinking coconut water while Joe was talking.

Joe called the doctor shameful! for saying that Trump could live to 200.

The Morning Joe ads are hilarious!. American Democracy is at Risk! Republicans know what is going on in this White House!

• Love 3

Joe said trump was able to identify a pig, a rhinoceros and an elephant for his cognitive test. Joe says a five year old can too. Please. A three year old can.

I turned off when Meadows showed up. Waiting for recap. :)

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, stormy said:

Really Joe!  If you're going to use Yiddish words at least pronounce them properly

Last night Rachel used mishigas and had no problem.

Seriously!  

I did enjoy them poking fun at the Trump doctor and the lies about his health.  The only person that looks closer to death than Donald Trump is a dead person.  

Exercise? Riding in a golf cart and swinging a club every 20 minutes isn't exercise. If I had the WH gym at my disposal you couldn't get me out of there.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I did the same.  I certainly don't mind hearing different or opposing thoughts and ideas but this is just gross.  If they had side by side op-eds that would be fine but we had over a whole year of non-stop unfiltered Trump coverage and I would have thought the NYT should know better.  I'll spend my money supporting publications that try and get it right even if I don't agree.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oy Vey.  Panhandle Pete pronounced it "chutspaw." Hasn't he worked and at least had an apartment in NYC for years? Its a shanda.

FFS. I'm in Indpls and know how to pronounce most Yiddish terms.

How do you live in NYC, work in entertainment/news and not be exposed to people using Yiddish?   

Can you imagine how he would mangle geffilte fish?  At least with Sam Seder on the show he should know how to say "Seder". 

• Love 3

I don't understand why Mika can't dress professionally like the other anchors on morning news. I don't go for the sleeveless dresses in freezing weather, but there must be a  happy medium somewhere between Cougar in 4 inch heels and skin tight skirts and Mom driving the kids to school in her pajamas. 

If anyone's interested or hasn't seen it already I posted the Montreal Cognitive Test in Small Cup of Joe thread.   Get your pencils out Stable Geniuses!! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8