Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, oakville said:

There is a new folksy senator, John Kennedy ( not that Kennedy) saying America is run by idiots. He said Washington is not America.

Every Senator thinks they could be President!. Coons voted Yes.

This is the senator that just eviscerated one of the judicial nominees during his hearing.  The video is tough to watch but he said later he was tired of them sending in nominees that were completely unqualified and decided to make his point.  I may not agree with a lot of his positions but I do find him to have the common sense that is so lacking in DC these days.  He seems to choose country over party and I appreciate that no matter what side of the aisle you are on.

I enjoyed the interview with Sen. Coons too and that line made me laugh.  He's another one I always enjoy hearing what he has to say.

Wow, this site is where I get local news today.  Had no idea there was a tsunami warning or major Alaska earthquake.  Thanks! 

46 minutes ago, oakville said:

Tsunami warnings in BC!

Edited by jjj

I think Coons told Joe that he was elected Senator because of the divisions in the GOP with the tea party. He ran against a GOP candidate who claimed she wasn’t a witch.Maryland is opposed to witchcraft.

16 hours ago, oakville said:

Media Research Center Vice President of Research Brent Baker explains our weekly pick: “This one blows away the one to five scream rating. Five screams not nearly enough. Joe Scarborough has become a parody of himself, abandoning any pretense of being taken seriously as a journalist as he tries to be a modern day James Taylor, but without any of the talent.”

Rating: Five out of five screams.

Oh thank god. I thought five was good. I get the Def Cons mixed up too. Good thing I don't work at NORAD. 

9 hours ago, ktwo said:

Watch out SNL. You made Mika & Joe uncomfortable. They have children & should be spared from any parodies.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/scarborough-on-snl-parody-would-probably-enjoy-them-if-we-didnt-have-children/

This couple is becoming more self centered every day.

Yeah except the kids are saying the same thing behind your backs you twits! 

16 hours ago, oakville said:

but without any of the talent.”

or the socks. 

Edited by teddysmom

Mika's eggplant turtleneck is to die for and she is in such good shape; a turtleneck can be unforgiving. She also looks great in structured sweaters. Joe's hair is lighter again? Maybe it's the lighting in the bunker. I'm ticked that Katty Kay had new hair when I wasn't watching.

12 minutes ago, suomi said:

Mika's eggplant turtleneck is to die for and she is in such good shape; a turtleneck can be unforgiving. She also looks great in structured sweaters. Joe's hair is lighter again? Maybe it's the lighting in the bunker. I'm ticked that Katty Kay had new hair when I wasn't watching.

GMTA.   I was just wondering, "How does she get that turtleneck to look so good?"

Scarborough can be a real doof at times, but I think he's on the money this morning.   With the pending release of Devin Nunes' propaganda memo (which is being hyped to the hilt in advance, i.e., "worse than Watergate," "shocking," "jaw-dropping"), we're teetering on the brink of a very dark rabbit hole.

Katty looks good!

29 minutes ago, stormy said:

Why are Joe and Mika in different locations most of the time?  Mika's never broadcasting from the bunker. Why?

Joe is working on more protest songs & soccer shows from his recording  studio located next to.

Joe wants a sock free environment at Rockefeller Center. He will not return to the studio until his demands are met.

Wednesday Recap. Mika in a nice turtleneck WITHOUT a bathrobe. Joe is in the bunker.

Joe is furious at Fox News & Trump for attacking the FBI.

Mccabe is a hero for working on counterterrorism after 9/11. His wife ran for the Democrats in 2016 & was given a large contribution by McCauliffe who is an ally to the Clintons.

There is speculation at Fox that this payoff assured that Hillary would charged with destroying the emails.

Joe said that Fox is hyping secret societies & lost 50,000 text messages between Strok & his "friend" Page. They were supposedly having an affair, but Joe knows they have children so he won't discuss it. Joe said it was an honest mistake to lose any incriminating texts between Strok & Page.

Joe said Nunes should stop hyping the #Releasethememo documents. It's bad because the memo outlines how you can get Trump wire tapped with a Fisa warrant .

Joe compared Trump to Erdogan, Joseph Stalin & Joe mcCarthy.

Joe said Democracy is at risk because Trump keeps attacking the FBI.

Mika started wailing at Democracy being destroyed.

Carol Lee is in the Library. Secret Agent Clint is on set. He defeds the FBI.

Joe found a NBC poll that reveals that 56% blame Trump & the GOP . 39% blame Democrats.

Joe is mad at Schumer for trying to defend stopping the shutdown. Joe wants the GOP to be blamed for the shutdown.

Joe is mad that the Democrats did not follow his" No Daca No Deal " advice to keep the government closed until Daca was fixed.

Chartman got hurt on a ski hill & the Doctor recognized him.

Mika & Joe were in the ER on the weekend.Joe's head was stuck in his ass & he had to have it fixed.

Joe is mad at Shumer for taking The Wall off the table.

Joe is mad at the 10 Red State Democrats for putting Shumer in a tough spot.

Edited by oakville

That FN clip with a United States senator of all people (Ron Johnson R-WI) was something to watch.  Brett Bair didn't even bother to try and hide his WTF face during the interview if that's what you can call it.  I am glad to hear MJ calling all of this out so loudly and clearly.  I know they are desperate as clearly it's going to be Mueller Time soon but this subterfuge needs to be stopped in its tracks.

Mika is wearing the hell out of that turtleneck and I have noticed this week that she is much easier to watch if she is not in the same studio as Joe.  He must have some major pheromones juu-juu going on . . . apologies in advance if I ruined someone's breakfast.

• Love 2

Joe said that Trump will accept border security that looks like Wall in exchange for letting the House vote on the issue.

There is confusion about Shumer offering $25B for a Wall. Yamiche said some Democrats are furious at Chuck for giving into the GOP.

Barnicle said that Washington  is broken. Everyone likes DACA. No deal on a 90% issue?

I am rapidly developing a thing for Secret Agent Clint.  (Great handle for him, @oakville, thanks!)  Watts just has this steely spine look about him, that he could take a marshmallow like Trey Gowdy or Devin Nunes and make them wail for their mommies. 

Have to say thanks to Mika for actually adding the 38% who blame Cheeto with the 18% who blame congressional Republicans so that the total number who blame Democrats is far overshadowed by the total of the other two numbers.  Ms. Ruhle and Ms. Jansing yesterday both framed things like more people blamed Democrats.  I was beyond irritated at that collective uselessness. 

Edited by navelgazer
  • Love 2

Who the hell is Ron Johnson BFF with?  Butters Stotch? What a wackadoodle.

Seriously, you have to be crazy when a FOX host can't even buy into your conspiracy theory.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

It's very confusing to follow where everyone is. Clint,Ratner.Mika, Willie & Barnicle in NY.

Joe in an undisclosed Bunker.

Washington Examiner Guy is a dark Capitol studio. Almiche in the Library. Did she get rid of Carol?

Mika is excited that Trump will be interviewed by Mueller. Joe thinks he will purger himself.

Joe refused to show the polls that showed the generic ballott lead for Democrats in Congress narrowing from +18 to +6.

The GOP is still DOOMED!

. Mika is outraged at Trump for blaming Samsung for missing text messages. The FBI "failed to preserve" the text messages by Strok & his romantic partner page. Joe said they are just friends , Mika!!!

Why did Mueller remove Strok from the Trump investigation?

Will Trey Gowdy be in the Harry Potter movie as Dracos Malfoy? Mulvaney looks like Harry Potter.

Secret Society for Ron Johnson. ? Joe is bragging about tying McCarthy to Ron Johnson. Wild!

Joe wants everyone to apologize to the FBI.

Dana Bash said that Russian Bots are releasing hashtags on twitter to make pro GOP statements like Release the Memo.

Feinstein wants twitter to stop allowing Russian Bots from creating pro GOP Hashtags.

I hate how Scarborough keeps saying, "Just give him the Wall," like what's the big deal?    The panelists also get on the bandwagon by saying, "Oh it's not going to be a real wall, it's just a symbol, so liberals should relax" (somebody said that yesterday morning).

It's a symbol all right -- a symbol of Trump's success.

Trump considers the Wall to be his crowning achievement, the shiny thing he promised throughout the campaign, the Holy Grail that will legitimize him as king in the eyes of his subjects.  If he gets it, he will use it as Exhibit A as to demand reelection because it above all shows that he delivered on his greatest promise.  

To grant Trump that boon, for whatever reason, would be like putting a stamp of approval on all the horrid things he has said and done while President.   It would reward him for trying to destroy healthcare for American families, for pulling us out of the Paris climate accord, for laying waste to our relationships with our allies, and for giving even more riches to the wealthy.   It would also substantially improve the odds of his reelection and help to keep the racist agenda going in our government.

Does no one on this show understand how granting Trump the wall would play in the eyes of the public?   How uplifting it would be for his supporters and how demoralizing for everyone else?   Scarborough and company may be on air at 6 am, but IMHO they still really need to wake up.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 1

Mika is excited that Trump will be interviewed by Mueller. Joe thinks he will purger himself.

I am reading this as Trump is going to "purge" himself.  like he's so distraught over the investigation, that he will become bulimic. By the way, Oakville, you are a National Treasure.  Nic Cage will be playing you in the sequel....

• Love 1

There was a new guest on the show. Professor Espinosa from university of Texas at Austin. She was worried about the TRUMP wall.

Mika made a big deal of pronouncing her name with a Latino accent. Why did she do that?

She used to botch Heidi prysbala ‘s name even though she is fluent in Polish.

I think Mika is jealous of Heidi

2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I am reading this as Trump is going to "purge" himself.  like he's so distraught over the investigation, that he will become bulimic. By the way, Oakville, you are a National Treasure.  Nic Cage will be playing you in the sequel....

I love Nic Cage. He makes me laugh especially in the Wicker Man

1 hour ago, navelgazer said:

Have to say thanks to Mika for actually adding the 38% who blame Cheeto with the 18% who blame congressional Republicans so that the total number who blame Democrats is far overshadowed by the total of the other two numbers.  Ms. Ruhle and Ms. Jansing yesterday both framed things like more people blamed Democrats.  I was beyond irritated at that collective uselessness. 

Maybe buy a calculator NBC?   I don't get how the WaPo poll showed the majority blamed Republicans plus Trump and it was well over the 56% on Friday.  It's like NBC poll got a hold of more Rs than Ds or something.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/01/23/who-do-americans-blame-for-the-shutdown-the-people-they-already-hate/?utm_term=.aadcd395f374

Has it been announced on air where Squinty is?  I scrolled through posts here and didn't see it mentioned but I could have missed it. 

For some crazy reason Meek-a seems to be a tad better when he's not on the set.  She can blab all she wants about women knowing their value, but she doesn't practice what she preaches.  She comes across as totally cowed when he sits beside her, talking over her, dismissing her, ignoring her when she tries to shush the panel at break time.  She becomes a bit bolder when he's not right there bullying her.  -  So wherever he is, he can just stay there.

I noticed during the piece about Susan Collins' talking stick, Mika mentioned that "you can talk when you have the stick" as in she'd like to institute that rule on MJ. 

Have to say I agree. And if Joe talks w/o the stick, hit him on the head with it til he shuts up. 

Win/WIn

Was it yesterday on MJ (all the MSNBC shows and the MJ episodes just bleed together sometimes in my mind), that Joe casually made it clear that in the context of illegal immigration, inflow vs outflow is at a net negative these days?  Meaning, more illegals are being deported and turned away than there are arriving.   Why isn't this, and other underpinning facts regarding the truth of illegal immigration, being trumpeted 24/7?  Why aren't those facts and figures immediately the go-to reply whenever a wall is mentioned?  Even the most hardened Fox viewers should know this
It makes zero sense to me.   Yeah, the border SHOULD be secure.  Also, the border is more secure today than perhaps it's ever been.

Yes, that's correct in fact under Obama illegal immigration dropped significantly, enforcement at the Border went up.  The recession also curbed immigration as there weren't jobs here. 

The whole wall thing with Trump is just another one of his false flag bullshit screeds to get his base riled up about "them" coming to rape and kill.  

You'd think Dems would bring this up any time someone mentions the wall. Also the fact WE ALREADY HAVE ONE! 

https://s-i.huffpost.com/gen/1630727/images/o-US-MEXICO-BORDER-facebook.jpg

Edited by teddysmom

Why do they never talk about the vast waste of money that building more wall would be?  Billions and billions in taxpayer money would be wasted rather than being used for something that people need more, like health care.  Sure, they mention how Mexico has said they aren't paying for the wall, but maybe they could explain how $20 or $30 billion would pay for better health care for veterans, or would pay for the entire Meals on Wheels program, or disaster relief after hurricanes and tornadoes.

1 hour ago, izabella said:

Why do they never talk about the vast waste of money that building more wall would be?  Billions and billions in taxpayer money would be wasted rather than being used for something that people need more, like health care.  Sure, they mention how Mexico has said they aren't paying for the wall, but maybe they could explain how $20 or $30 billion would pay for better health care for veterans, or would pay for the entire Meals on Wheels program, or disaster relief after hurricanes and tornadoes.

Or a poll. $20 billion for a wall. $20 billion for healthcare for vets. or Disaster relief. Infrastructure. Meals on Wheels. 

I guarantee the wall wouldn't win. 

Thursday Recap. Joe is on set with Mika. Joe's boycott of Rockefeller Center over wearing socks is over. Joe said he was a big winner of the Sock protest. The GOP pro sock brigade are doomed.

Mika is wearing a top from the Klingon empire. Season 4.

Everyone is mad at Ron Johnson & his secret society. Barnicle wants a recall. He's too dumb to be a Senator.

Joe said Robert Muller protected America from 911 and should be immune from criticism.

Joe does not want any attacks on the FBI.

Strok & Page are innocent. Joe wants Muller to put Strok & Page back on the investigation committee. The texts were a joke.

Kristen" millenia GOP Pollster with a new hairstyle " Soltis said the FBI should not be immune from criticism.

Devon Numes is a Trump Bot according to Joe. #Releasethe Memo is a Russian bot.

Thy tried to restart the joke about Sam Stein annoying the technicians. He bought them a Starbucks card. No one opened the email. Sam is mad at Alex.

There is no Deep State out to get Trump.Trump is a Russian stooge.

Joe's theory is that Trump has been attacking the media & intelligence community because Trump is afraid of them finding out that Trump is a Russian stooge.

I thought Trump had Dementia, Joe. ? How could he remember to launch a massive 2 year attack on the FBI, media etc.

It's funny how one week, Joe attacks Trump for having now pre dementia. Now is he a mastermind.

Joe said millenials hate the GOP. Kristen said they don't care about the Russian FBI story.

Those five most-read stories from Politico or Politifact or I can't remember where exactly scare the shit out of me.  Every one of them was false Russia bot bullshit.  Seemed to me like a narrative lesson for how the stuff inside of the FAUX Noise/Brietbart bubble finds a way to leak out. 

Bill Kristol sorta attacked his former employer FOX, including Roger Ailes. LOL. But he's palatable now that he's gotten off the crazy train.

Barnicle's right. Good work Wisconsin. This is what you get for reelecting Butters Stotch. 

I refuse to watch the 8-9 am portion of this show anymore.   What am I supposed to do?  Re-watch a half hour of Scarborough bloviating while awaiting fresh content?   Change the channel, then make a special effort to switch back?

It's too insulting.   If they don't care enough about viewers to keep the show live for that half hour, then I as a viewer am saying "no more" to the half-hour regurgitation and "screw it" to the final half hour.

I felt embarrassed for Mika today the way she kept rudely trying to eclipse Bill Kristol while the guy was trying to answer a question.   I believe she even provided an answer before Kristol had a chance to get it out.   She seems to be picking up some bad habits.    I wonder if she has stopped wearing socks.

10 minutes ago, stormy said:

Bill Kristol sorta attacked his former employer FOX, including Roger Ailes. LOL. But he's palatable now that he's gotten off the crazy train.

Barnicle's right. Good work Wisconsin. This is what you get for reelecting Butters Stotch. 

Koch money only buys the finest stooges er I mean senators.

23 minutes ago, millennium said:

I refuse to watch the 8-9 am portion of this show anymore.   What am I supposed to do?  Re-watch a half hour of Scarborough bloviating while awaiting fresh content?   Change the channel, then make a special effort to switch back?

It's too insulting.   If they don't care enough about viewers to keep the show live for that half hour, then I as a viewer am saying "no more" to the half-hour regurgitation and "screw it" to the final half hour.

I felt embarrassed for Mika today the way she kept rudely trying to eclipse Bill Kristol while the guy was trying to answer a question.   I believe she even provided an answer before Kristol had a chance to get it out.   She seems to be picking up some bad habits.    I wonder if she has stopped wearing socks.

I think that they repeat the 8 830 am segment so that viewers in the Central Time Zone can get Joe’s hot takes on the issues.

A few years ago, Joe would do special scripted  between 6-630 am & look directly into the Camera. Mika would beam at Joe while he was mouthing off.

The show did used to have a full 3 hour live show. Mika had a girl power segment from 830- 9 am.

MIkas daughter was taught by Kristols daughter at Madeira high school.

Mika used to complain that et daughter got tough exams from her.

Kristol used to be Quayles chief of staff.

I don’t take Smirky Kristol seriously. He was advocating Oprah for President a few weeks ago.

Edited by oakville
Smirky
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think that they repeat the 8 830 am segment so that viewers in the Central Time Zone can get Joe’s hot takes on the issues.

A few years ago, Joe would do special scripted  between 6-630 am & look directly into the Camera. Mika would beam at Joe while he was mouthing off.

The show did used to have a full 3 hour live show. Mika had a girl power segment from 830- 9 am.

Nah, I'm in the CST and don't need to see that first half hour repeated as once is plenty thank you . . . :)

I vaguely recall they inserted that re-run half hour when Joe had a radio show or maybe a segment on the Today show?  I noticed this week with news breaking literally every hour they have come back live before the bottom of the hour.

Just now, stormy said:

I also wanted Mika to shut up and let Bill Kristol talk.  What would she possibly have to say that is so important?

The day was over for me when she told Willie after he got through speaking it was her turn, toss it to me . . . sigh.

I can't even tell what is a rehash, because the show comes on at 3:00 AM on the West Coast. Sometimes the podcast sounds familiar if I heard the 5:00 AM hour.  (That's 8:00 AM to most of you.)  

Adored Joe deadpanning 'That clip was from our new segment...'What happened 3 minutes ago' where we discuss what happened three minutes ago on the show'

You could hear Willie and the other panelists losing it because they all know full well that they do a lot of rehashing of news items over and over and over again ad nauseum. At least Joe wasn't too proud not to tweak his own show about it.

Kristol used to be Quayles chief of staff.

Oh God, I forgot that!  Remember when Dan Quayle was considered a "joke?"  "Howdya like me now," he says....

I thought Trump had Dementia, Joe. ? How could he remember to launch a massive 2 year attack on the FBI, media etc.

It's funny how one week, Joe attacks Trump for having now pre dementia. Now is he a mastermind.

This made me laugh and laugh and laugh.  Joe always has something that he is sooo very sure of that evaporates down the line.  Like the DOTRP (death of the Republican party)

Joe should try to stay consistent. He used to complain about the FBI letting Hillary off the hook for the deleted emails& that Comey came out to call her reckless for handlong her emails. Joe was mad at Comey for reopening the email investigation 10 days before the election. 

Now he is opposed to any criticism of anyone at the FBI

True but the way FOX and crazy republicans go after the FBI and judicial department everyday, I'm glad Joe and panel have taken to defending the FBI at every chance.

Someone called the Republican party Joe's party today. He quickly corrected it to "former" party.

37 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was mad at Comey for reopening the email investigation 10 days before the election. 

He was mad, and he should have been.  Comey made a judgment call on his own that was poorly considered.  What Joe didn't suggest is that the whole FBI is a corrupt body that is bent on subverting the rule of law and overthrowing the government... which is what Fox News and that fucking moron Sen. Johnson would have you believe.   Joe thought Comey made an error.  Comey was trying to be up front with information before a right-leaning cabal of FBI agents leaked to the press that Hilary was being investigated again - - there was a reason that Christie and Giuliana knew beforehand about the investigation... Comey knew there were leakers and didn't want to seem to have his finger on the scales, but in doing so put h is fingers on the scales.

• Love 5

Someone called the Republican party Joe's party today. He quickly corrected it to "former" party.

Like Joe's "former socks?"

All those indignant Republicans that were sputtering this AM on MJ about the "lost emails," and "Secret FB  Committees to Dethrone Trump" have to hear that the lost emails were do to the Secret Committee Known as Samsung and it happened to about a thousand other customers too for the same months. HA!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

With such a short show, how can you afford to be out so much?  I know it starts at 6:00, but, then starts a repeat later on to fill time, right?  I watch when I can, but, am actually surprised if I see Joe and Mika on the air. 

• Love 1