Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

With the exception of Michael Schmidt, Elise Jordan and Matt Miller, this morning's panel was like watching a meeting of Ace Ventura, Inspector Gadget and Inspector Clouseau.

I'm looking forward to this band of lying low life's being perp walked out of the White House.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe called Don Trump Jr Fredo from the Godfather.

I think Joe has this wrong. Junior is more like Sonny, the hot-head. Eric is more like Fredo. That leaves Ivanka as Michael, the cool-headed one (and, of course, the father's favorite).

The show does seem a bit calmer since Mikagate (or whatever Trump's tweets directed at her are called).

• Love 5

Her hair needs an update.

THIS.  Grow it out a little and get it back to that honey blonde it was ten years ago.  

what in the fuck IS the deal with matching colors of their outfits? 

• Love 6

1.  7:45 conversation continues about Trump lifting Russian sanctions.  As they go to break, they play what sounds like the Russian national anthem (a bit heavy handed show, dontcha think?)

2.  Donald Trump Jr. is even better at shooting off his mouth than he is at shooting and beheading African safari animals.

3.  At 8:58 why is there a baldface commercial segment for Amazon Prime?  Right during the show, not in the commercial segment.  Is this acceptable?

4. BEST COMMENT EVER HEARD ON MORNING JOE:  Some pundit is saying that Trump used to spend all his time "feuding with B-List celebrities."  Then he went on to mention "Rosie O Donnell and Mika and Joe."  Although the way their names were added it could be said that he didn't mean THEY were also B-list celebrities, I'm still going to say "BOO-YAH!!!"

• Love 5

At 8:58 why is there a baldface commercial segment for Amazon Prime?  Right during the show, not in the commercial segment.  Is this acceptable?

I think lots of networks are promoting Amazon Prime day.  It's just a way to let viewers know they can get Prime at a good price, or that lots of good stuff will be available at lower prices. It's nothing insidious. GMA and Today did it too. 

Donald Trump Jr. is even better at shooting off his mouth than he is at shooting and beheading African safari animals.

I'm surprised he didn't say that he met with the lawyer because she knew about a baby adoption ring Hillary Clinton was involved with, she was having people adopt babies for the Pizza Parlor Sex Basement or something. 

I wish Putin would just tell Mueller what he has on Trump so we can get all this over, this is worse than watching Days of Our Lives and having one of their idiot plots take nine months to resolve. 

It looks like Joe and Mika will be on Stephen Colbert on Tuesday. Warning - Joe will also be singing. 

I can barely watch Colbert, even his Trump stuff isn't that funny anymore.  I've started switching to Seth Meyers. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Sound bite of the day: Joe asks Pat Toomey why the GOP attempts at health care reform focuses on limiting Medicaid and denying coverage for the poorest members of the country.

Toomey: "Well, you gotta start somewhere."

If the Democratic party apparatchiks weren't so incomptent they should be running that ten seconds on infinite loop.

I hate that he is my senator now; especially since I moved here from wonderful Massachusetts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, stormy said:

With the exception of Michael Schmidt, Elise Jordan and Matt Miller, this morning's panel was like watching a meeting of Ace Ventura, Inspector Gadget and Inspector Clouseau.

I could count on my hands the number of comments Harold Ford and Barnicle said. At one point around 6:45 or so, Ford looked like he was dozing off.

If anyone listens to the Chapo Trap House podcast, last week they played some of Joe's music, not the recent stuff, but a 9/11 tribute song he did. Its opening lyrics were "In a flash of an hour/Watching dreams fall from towers." Douche-chills. So yeah, I'm skipping Colbert.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

If anyone listens to the Chapo Trap House podcast, last week they played some of Joe's music, not the recent stuff, but a 9/11 tribute song he did. Its opening lyrics were "In a flash of an hour/Watching dreams fall from towers." Douche-chills. So yeah, I'm skipping Colbert.

I can't believe Colbert booked them.  The Trump stuff was like two weeks ago so we've all moved on, and if it's to promote  Joe's music, why does he need Mika?  I'm sure the audience will roll their eyes at him enough to make up for her absence. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

I could count on my hands the number of comments Harold Ford and Barnicle said. At one point around 6:45 or so, Ford looked like he was dozing off.

They reduced the speaking time of Ford & Barnicle. They don't have much to add anyway. 

Joe used to perform his 9/11 song live every year on the show.He gave Mika a small instrument that made noise so she could play along with the band. She liked it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

1.  7:45 conversation continues about Trump lifting Russian sanctions.  As they go to break, they play what sounds like the Russian national anthem (a bit heavy handed show, dontcha think?)

WhineandCheez, are you referring to the Make America Great Again song that Trump tweeted along with a slideshow of him at the G20? Morning Joe played it this morning. I actually thought it was a Russian anthem, but it was an awful rendition of the MAGA song with photos of Trump and gang.  It looks like a propaganda film that Russia or North Korea would create. It's just so embarrassing. Here's a link if anyone missed it:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/09/donald-trump-g20-video-make-america-great-again-song

Edited by Kenz
35 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe used to perform his 9/11 song live every year on the show.He gave Mika a small instrument that made noise so she could play along with the band. She liked it. 

Yeah for such a serious topic, the song has a bouncy cheerful zydeco feel to it...which actually made it worse. Scarborough is obsessed with Paul McCartney so maybe he thinks he found his Linda.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

I actually thought Ford looked like he was pouting that he hadn't been called on yet, and Joe did mention his name, which perked him right up.  LOL

I do like Barnacle, and would love to hear more from him.

3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

THIS.  Grow it out a little and get it back to that honey blonde it was ten years ago.  

what in the fuck IS the deal with matching colors of their outfits? 

I agree, and her bangs drive me crazy.  Her look is too severe.

• Love 1
(edited)

I heard some of that Make Russia Great Again song too and lmao. 

These people are just too much. 

Melania's fringy dress in that video looks like she sewed a bunch of those things your car goes thru at the car wash together.   

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
(edited)

WhineandCheez, are you referring to the Make America Great Again song that Trump tweeted along with a slideshow of him at the G20? Morning Joe played it this morning. I actually thought it was a Russian anthem, but it was an awful rendition of the MAGA song with photos of Trump and gang

Holy Mother of God.  Are you serious?  It's a Trump song?  No way.  What is it called, "Trumpland, Trumpland Uber Alles?"

Edited by WhineandCheez
I just clicked on the link. Yes that's what I heard! It's horrifying, makes me want to go shoot safari animals...
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Holy Mother of God.  Are you serious?  It's a Trump song?  No way.  What is it called, "Trumpland, Trumpland Uber Alles?"

Someone re-edited it with the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" theme playing in the background instead of the MAGA song and shared it on Twitter. It was hilarious.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Eliot said:
59 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Someone re-edited it with the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" theme playing in the background instead of the MAGA song and shared it on Twitter. It was hilarious.

BRB!  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

d if it's to promote  Joe's music, why does he need Mika?  I'm sure the audience will roll their eyes at him enough to make up for her absence. 

Maybe for the sake of appearances ? Pretend they are there to talk politics when in reality it's to promote the album ?

4 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

It's horrifically disturbing and laughingly embarrassing at the same time.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeann said:

It's horrifically disturbing and laughingly embarrassing at the same time.

Wait until public school children across America are made to sing it.   Then it will just be horrifically disturbing. 

What disturbed me is how Scarborough and Co. merely laughed it off.   I remember how everyone laughed when Trump announced his candidacy. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

It's Navy Blue Kimona day. Mika wearing a sexy bathrobe. Joe wearing his navy blue sweater.

The top story is Donald Trump Jr taking oppo research from a mysterious Russian lawyer. The info came from the Kremlin!

Joe said he would never take oppo research from the Russians.

Katty looks good despite one of her shows on BBC being cancelled. She said the White House should have asked people when they met with evil Russians.

Joe said you can't make a mistake on a disclosure form! This could be the end of Jared & Don Trump Jr.

Who is leaking this info? The White House? The Justice Dept.

Is Oppo Research legal if it comes Canadians?

Joe is repeating himself in the first 10 minutes. Joe said no one deals with the Russians.

• Love 2

Halperin hinks that the intelligence communities are leaking the info to the press. Joe thinks it's an inside job. Halperin said it could be the Russians. Clint says the FBI is a professional organization & no one would risk their jobs.

Mika is bragging about Joe's lunch at the White House. Mika forgot to say that she had lunch at the White House.

Mika did not like the fish at the White House.

Joe said the Russians bailed out Trump. It's hilarious that none of these experts ever bothered looking into these deals from June 2015- November 2016.

Joe's hair has reached new heights. It is becoming Trumpian.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's 8:02 a.m. and I'm perplexed.

Every morning, the show proceeds from 6 am to 8 am, and then at 8 am the first hour of the broadcast is repeated.

Does this happen for everyone or just for me?

Because going into the  7:58 a.m. break, Scarborough said when they came back they'd have a clip of the Russian woman who met with Trump Jr.

I waited, thinking they'd squeeze it in after the commercial.  But then at 8 am the show began all over again with a rebroadcast from the top of the show.

So, is this show 2 hours or 3 hours?  If it's just two hours, it doesn't make sense to me that they don't bid viewers goodbye, have a great day, etc.   It just ... ends, almost in mid sentence.   Which makes me suspect there's a third hour I'm not privy to.

Anybody know what's going on?

Edited by millennium
4 minutes ago, millennium said:

Every morning, the show proceeds from 6 am to 8 am, and then at 8 am the first hour of the broadcast is repeated.

Because going into the  7:58 a.m. break, Scarborough said when they came back they'd have a clip of the Russian woman who met with Trump Jr.

I waited, thinking they'd squeeze it in after the commercial.  But then at 8 am the show began all over again with a rebroadcast from the top of the show.

So, is this show 2 hours or 3 hours?  If it's just two hours, it doesn't make sense to me that they don't bid viewers goodbye, have a great day, etc.   It just ... ends, almost in mid sentence.   Which makes me suspect there's a third hour I'm not privy to.

Most of the time, from 8 to 8:30 is a repeat of segments from the first hour. They then come back live for the last half hour. 

On busy news days, they will sometimes be live for the full 3 hours. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This is so stupid.  The entire panel is mostly, "Gotcha! The Russian lawyer associated with the Kremlin says the Trump Jr. asked for the meeting.  Not the other way around!! See !  That's proof positive of collusion."  Only the one visiting guy (don't know who--I listen not watch) gingerly pointed out that Russians tend to lie.

And she said she wasn't associated with the Kremlin, so there!!! All she was missing was a cigarette holder and a pint sized cohort named "Boris."  Sheesh.

PS:  I really like Mika's smoky eye.  She looks like she's going clubbing after the show

Edited by WhineandCheez
(edited)
1 hour ago, cased said:

Most of the time, from 8 to 8:30 is a repeat of segments from the first hour. They then come back live for the last half hour. 

On busy news days, they will sometimes be live for the full 3 hours. 

Thank you for explaining that to me.     It prompts me to exclaim, what kind of @%#&ed-up programming is that?  There's no warning, no Hey viewer, you're not going crazy, we are replaying what you just saw two hours ago and maybe, if you're good, we'll throw in another live segment or two.

All this time, I thought the 3rd hour was just a replay of the first hour -- because that's what it seems like after 8 am -- so I never sat through the third hour.   At last, now I understand why I miss things that are in oakville's and others' comments.   Until now I assumed I was inattentive or in the bathroom or just losing my mind.     

Filing it under "Things that make you go wtf?"

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3

There's a difference between being bipartisan, and having no core values. That troll Manchin has convinced these jokers that he's the former, when he is most assuredly the latter. 

• Love 2

Bath robe? Choir robe?  Does she think we can't see her? Was she kidnapped last night and left naked on a pier by the Hudson? FFS Walmart is open 24 hours, go in and buy a teeshirt or something. 

The Trumps are just too stupid to realize that the Russians know how to play saps like them.  Every lie they tell, the Russians are five steps ahead of them.

And they've got Donald so terrified that they're going to call his loans, leak docs on money laundering, etc. that he would probably run the Russian flag up the pole on the WH just to keep Putin happy. 

There's a difference between being bipartisan, and having no core values. That troll Manchin has convinced these jokers that he's the former, when he is most assuredly the latter. 

He makes me sick. 

• Love 9

I think that after returning from the 8:00 repeat, Mika had changed her shirt.

Also, Joe was gone for about an hour, then he showed up for the last 15 minutes (mid-segment, no less), and he had changed from his sweater to a suit and tie. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, millennium said:

Thank you for explaining that to me.     It prompts me to exclaim, what kind of @%#&ed-up programming is that?  There's no warning, no Hey viewer, you're not going crazy, we are replaying what you just saw two hours ago and maybe, if you're good, we'll throw in another live segment or two.

All this time, I thought the 3rd hour was just a replay of the first hour -- because that's what it seems like after 8 am -- so I never sat through the third hour.   At last, now I understand why I miss things that are in oakville's and others' comments.   Until now I assumed I was inattentive or in the bathroom or just losing my mind.     

Filing it under "Things that make you go wtf?"

Ha! The show used to do 3 hours live. They got tired & started replaying the 6-630 segment. Mika used to have A specials women's panel from 830 -9am. Joe would move to the control room. It was a bit like the view with Tina Brown & Arianna Huffington.

Believe it or not, the show had a British Soccer segment. Joe would brag about Liverpool& Manchester United with the George CostanZa bearded looking guy. Mika was bored during these segments & would clear out her purse on the set.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Bath robe? Choir robe?  Does she think we can't see her? Was she kidnapped last night and left naked on a pier by the Hudson? FFS Walmart is open 24 hours, go in and buy a teeshirt or something. 

The Trumps are just too stupid to realize that the Russians know how to play saps like them.  Every lie they tell, the Russians are five steps ahead of them.

And they've got Donald so terrified that they're going to call his loans, leak docs on money laundering, etc. that he would probably run the Russian flag up the pole on the WH just to keep Putin happy. 

He makes me sick. 

Mancin is a friend of the show & immune from criticism from Mika & Joe. 

They never bring up his daughter who is the CEO of the Epipen company. 

She raised the prices of the Epipens for no reason. There was no change to the product

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, millennium said:

The bottom right of the screen should say LIVE from 6a to 8a, and, again, from 8:30a to 9a.  The LIVE chyron disappears from 8 to 8:30.

I don't like it when either Joe or Mika disappear from the set without explanation.  There have been times when s/he  make like Houdini and don't reappear at all.

This morning almost first thing, Joe started criticizing Kushner.  Almost immediately Joe's phone dinged the text alert. I think it was Barnicle who said, "that's him now!"  I laughed because I thought the same thing.  Joe didn't reply to Barnicle, but seemed thrown off his game and began to stammer. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it WAS Kushner. I'm pretty sure he's still feeding Joe the gossip of the day.  WH being run by maniacs, in my opinion.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 2
(edited)

"Who's going to follow Donald Trump down this rathole?"

I thought it was Scarborough's best line of the day.   Because it is a rathole.   In our previous reality, the question would stand on its own as a rhetorical, everyone knowing the unspoken answer: nobody.

Now though, how many of us heard that and started mentally composing a list of names?

Sadder still, how many ordinary Americans, whose careers and public profiles don't hinge on political alliances, will blindly and proudly add their names to that list?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

This is so stupid.  The entire panel is mostly, "Gotcha! The Russian lawyer associated with the Kremlin says the Trump Jr. asked for the meeting.  Not the other way around!! See !  That's proof positive of collusion."  Only the one visiting guy (don't know who--I listen not watch) gingerly pointed out that Russians tend to lie.

And she said she wasn't associated with the Kremlin, so there!!! All she was missing was a cigarette holder and a pint sized cohort named "Boris."  Sheesh.

Sounds like, based on the discussion today, there's an email confirming the Russians' story. And Trump Jr. himself said that he met with the Russians specifically to get the damaging Clinton info and only ended the meeting when he realized he wasn't going to get it (John Oliver is right--this truly is "stupid Watergate").

The one who made me sick was Cassidy. Even Joe was having a hard time swallowing the whole "Well, when we destroy Medicaid people will get great jobs that give them insurance!" schtick.

• Love 2
(edited)

This sums up, without the eye rolling, robe wearing, and synchophants making excuses for them, what is going on with Junior and the rest of "America's Biggest Dumb Asses" 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-trumps-are-americas-most-easily-duped-family

Well, when we destroy Medicaid people will get great jobs that give them insurance!" schtick.

KAC said that as well, I think to George Stephonopolous. It's disgusting.  Hey losers, get a job, oh you're in a wheelchair and on permanent disability?  NO EXCUSE! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, cased said:

I think that after returning from the 8:00 repeat, Mika had changed her shirt.

Also, Joe was gone for about an hour, then he showed up for the last 15 minutes (mid-segment, no less), and he had changed from his sweater to a suit and tie. 

I love the wardrobe changes. It's exciting to guess if Joe has a meeting with important world leaders after the show.

• Love 1

What in the hell was Mika thinking when she got dressed this morning?

That's just it. She didn't. 

xciting to guess if Joe has a meeting with important world leaders after the show.

Or spies. Or the Crown Prince of Dubai. Or Queen Elizabeth. Or Paul McCartney. The whole gang that live in his imaginary rolodex and call him all the time. 

• Love 3

Where does Joe actually go when he leaves the set?  His office for some nosh and high-powered phone calls?  Helicopters to Nantucket?
Why leave his own show for huge portions?  It makes no sense.

• Love 2

Halperin hinks that the intelligence communities are leaking the info to the press. Joe thinks it's an inside job. Halperin said it could be the Russians. Clint says the FBI is a professional organization & no one would risk their jobs.

Looks like Donnie J did some leaking to save them the trouble. 

This will be the topic tomorrow. In case y'all don't want to spend two hours watching Mika in a nightgown with her hair in rollers and cold cream on her face like Lucy.  I figured that's the next logical step from today's wardrobe or lack thereof. 

Trump Jr released the email chain. I guess he wants to go ahead and get his cell reserved at white collar prison.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/donald-trump-jr-releases-incredibly-incriminating-emai-1796810305

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Where does Joe actually go when he leaves the set?  His office for some nosh and high-powered phone calls?  Helicopters to Nantucket?
Why leave his own show for huge portions?  It makes no sense.

Joe might have meetings during the show with key influencers. He bragged about all the influencers who watch the show today. 

• Love 2

Clint brought up the trump "I know nothing" line. Even though everything happened under his nose so maybe you have to question his ability to be president. 

Everyone else on the panel played dumb.

• Love 2