Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Get out your journals. people.  At 8:17 EST Joe compared Trump to Teddy Roosevelt, "without the Twitter account and personality issues."  And to make it worse, he used "TR", so you had to be kinda "in" to understand it was Teddy Roosevelt.  I had to suppress the urge to jump off the 3rd floor parking garage I was sitting in.  But 3 floors won't necessarily kill ya'.

Does anyone wonder if there might, at some point, be a "bridge too far" moment for Meeekaah?  That she will be so horrified and disgusted by Drumpf that she will not be able to keep silent

I only watch about 15 minutes on laptop (so I can see which Scarf of World Religions Mika is wearing), then I listen on Sirius while driving.  What I'm trying to say is if I didn't get those few minutes of visuals, I mostly wouldn't know she was on the show anymore.  I hear random female-sounding sighs and then she gets the uber-important job of announcing the break.  Is she Ivanka's bestie? Is she is pseudo-sexual raptures over her boyfriend's bloviating?  KNOW YOUR WORTH, grrrl.

• Love 5

Joe surprised me this morning with two statements.  First he said that in 50 years Obama will be right up there with MLK. I took that as a positive comment. Then after running a clip from Reince Priebus speaking about the John Lewis/Trump back and forth with a statement that President Obama should speak up about the legitimacy of Trump's presidency, Joe made it clear that Obama has "bent over backwards" to support a smooth transition. The implication was that Priebus was wrong.  This sounded like the old MJ show to me.  Joe spoke against President Obama so much the last year or so, I didn't expect him to speak well of Obama again.  Granted, I've missed most of the shows since the Nov election  so this may not be a sign of changes to come and MJ getting back to being more balanced.  

• Love 2

Late Monday recap. Happy MLK day.!

Mika has a new burgundy sweater. There seems to be a mini scarf around her neck with the same colour. Is she wearing a new style turtleneck? It's a triangular pattern.

Joe is wearing one of his LLBean sweaters.

Mika said Bernie is the future of the Democratic Party. 

Joe defended Trump.

Joe trashed Congress for protecting Big Pharma.Joe said Trump could make a deal with the Democrats on cutting drug prices.

Joe said Trump is destroying the duopoly.

meecham said Trump is the first Independent President.

Mika bragged that her daughter worked for Elijah Cummings. Mika said her daughter knows Katie Malone.

Joe bragged that he was nice to the opponents he clobbered in his congressional races.

Joe said that Trump is like Teddy Roosevelt doing big things. 

Joe said the debt will explode under Trump.

Joe said Trump is getting into many twitter fights with everybody.

Joe said that Trump watches Morning Joe every day.

Joe said Trump is a legitimate President.

The panel was excited about the party for Mike Allens Axios . It's the new Politico.

Mika & Joe will attend the party.

Bill Kristol admitted his predictions are usually wrong.

Eugene Robinson said not all African Americans live in inner cities ghettos.

Eugene said Trump should visit the inner cities.

Kristol liked the Trump Cabinet. kris told is disappointed that Trump hasn't matured as President Elect.

They might move the press briefing room and showed clips of the west wing tv show discussing that topic.

Eugene is mad about African Americans being categorized as living in inner cities.

Joe said that's Trump is too thin skinned.

Joe said he lets insults pass. Joe said he was very nice to people that insult him. Really? Joe takes shots at Cuomo & anyone else that complained about his visit to Mar a Largo.

Woodward defended Trump. He said Trump & the CIA need a marriage counsellor. Woodward said Trump can be very kind on a personal level.

Jeremy Peters & Joe agreed that Trump likes to take the bait on twitter. Joe said Trump loves twitter.

• Love 2

I'm expecting a special episode of the Steve Harvey show where Steve takes Ben Carson and Trump on a tour of the "inner cities".    That's the only way you'll get them there is if it is for TV.

• Love 4

Woodward defended Trump. He said Trump & the CIA need a marriage counsellor. Woodward said Trump can be very kind on a personal level.

Considering Woodward outed Mark Feld without his permission, he might want to STFU when it comes to the IC.  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, car54 said:

I'm expecting a special episode of the Steve Harvey show where Steve takes Ben Carson and Trump on a tour of the "inner cities".    That's the only way you'll get them there is if it is for TV.

Trumputin wouldn't have to go far to find a city.  Last time I checked, NYC was a city.  So was Washington DC.

I never know if I should laugh or scream at this show.

First, Woodward has no credibility in my book so his preaching kindness is nonsense.  Why don't you spend your time getting to the bottom of this trump-putin relationship or do you need Carl Berstein to hold your hand?

Second, it's MLK Day.  At least have on Rev Sharpton to represent the African American community in a meaningful way because Harold Ford is just a joke.

And lastly, thank God I wasn't the only one who's head spun when Joe pronounce he had beaten his opponent in every election by 20 or 30 points.   Now I have to side with Bill Krystol who thought that was funny too.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, stormy said:

And lastly, thank God I wasn't the only one who's head spun when Joe pronounce he had beaten his opponent in every election by 20 or 30 points.   Now I have to side with Bill Krystol who thought that was funny too.

I thought the same thing, but unfortunately Joe is correct in this case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Scarborough#Electoral_history

He won 62%-38% in 94, 73%-27% in 96, 100%-0% against a write-in candidate in 98, and unopposed in 2000.

On 1/13/2017 at 4:00 PM, teddysmom said:

Wait what?  Joe actually said that??!!  That POTUS should have married Heidi Klum?  Marrying Michelle was a mistake? 

That's a pretty big pair of balls you have there Joey. Dissing the most admired woman in the world? 

no i was mocking Joe and how it seems he constantly criticizes obama. 

I was drifting in and out of sleep during today's show, but the parts I did see, Mika's hands were all over Joe today. At one point she was touching his leg for an uncomfortably long period of time, and a little later she was tapping on his forearm. The forearm touching is not so bad, but the leg touching is not professional at all.

Edited by cased
6 hours ago, navelgazer said:

Harold Ford, Jr. might have a D after his name, but every word he says is appeasement.  The only parallel coming to me at the moment is he's Vichy -- a collaborator, the lowest of the low.  

Robert Reich once said the biggest divide in politics isn't Republican versus Democrats, it's establishment versus outsiders. Harold Ford et al has a lot more in common with Joe Scarborough, than he does with Keith Ellison or Bernie Sanders.

• Love 4

I was drifting in and out of sleep during today's show, but the parts I did see, Mika's hands were all over Joe today. At one point she was touching his leg for an uncomfortably long period of time, and a little later she was tapping on his forearm. The forearm touching is not so bad, but the leg touching is not professional at all.

I noticed that as well, the short time I watched this morning.  The touching is so inappropriate. 

2 hours ago, cased said:

Mika was also talking to a Joe during a segment when someone else from a liveshot . It was very distracting. The show is a bit weird now because Joe likes to give advice to Trump during the show. He's like an informal advisor.

Joe was going bonkers about Trumps random tweets about NBC & SNL 

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

So true.

Harold went to the same prep school as Al Gore . I think Fords dad was in Congress

• Love 1

It was a nasty campaign. Corker or some group working against Ford ranger ads featuring an attractive blonde woman (model?) with whom Ford had been linked. All sorts of dog whistle stuff.

That said, Ford basically inherited his seat in Congress from his dad and had a pretty unimpressive record while there - a favorite of the DLC/Clinton wing of the party. 

On this MLK day, the esteemed panel of MJ invites Sean Spicer on the show and then fall all over themselves to get a whiff of whether tRump will 'reach out and call' Lewis. Spicer says, "Sure! Why wouldn't he?" Uhhhhh......dunno, Sean! Mebbe because he knows Lewis is one person who will call him what he is: illegitimate and an ignoramus who doesn't deserve to wipe Lewis's shoes? 

A giddy Jeremy Peters (cos he landed the hard question with Spicer!) then has a light bulb over his head and says, "It's almost like the Democrats wanted this! Almost like they put the bait out and..."

Joe sez, "Yes, Jeremy, you texted me that very proposition...and you were right! He took the bait!" A sticker in hard-hitting journalist Peter's column, plus extra stars for bashing Dems. Atta boy, Peters! He did not work in a Hillary jab, though, so sad. 

Yes, because Democrats have been wringing their hands devilishly together and treating a dignified, heroic civil rights activist as lure. Because this all seems like so much fun and games for Joe and Jeremy while Mika shakes her head at "the boys."

Also: apparently, tRump's remarks about "insurance for all" and how he will "crush" republicans who don't provide it just SHOW and PROVE that he's not a conservative! He's acting like a democrat! And that's not good because Bannon et. al, want to tear apart the two parties, sez, again, a starry-eyed, can I play with the mean boys now Peters. I don't know why they're confusing "apoplectic destruction of democracy" with "change," but then, I probably haven't had as much Starbucks as Joe.

Do the panelists get to drink any Starbucks? I never see any of them with anything other than Morning Joe cups. That seems rude. If I were sitting at that table at 5am, I for goddamned sure would demand at least several cups of dark roast.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, potatoradio said:

On this MLK day, the esteemed panel of MJ invites Sean Spicer on the show and then fall all over themselves to get a whiff of whether tRump will 'reach out and call' Lewis. Spicer says, "Sure! Why wouldn't he?" Uhhhhh......dunno, Sean! Mebbe because he knows Lewis is one person who will call him what he is: illegitimate and an ignoramus who doesn't deserve to wipe Lewis's shoes? 

A giddy Jeremy Peters (cos he landed the hard question with Spicer!) then has a light bulb over his head and says, "It's almost like the Democrats wanted this! Almost like they put the bait out and..."

Joe sez, "Yes, Jeremy, you texted me that very proposition...and you were right! He took the bait!" A sticker in hard-hitting journalist Peter's column, plus extra stars for bashing Dems. Atta boy, Peters! He did not work in a Hillary jab, though, so sad. 

Yes, because Democrats have been wringing their hands devilishly together and treating a dignified, heroic civil rights activist as lure. Because this all seems like so much fun and games for Joe and Jeremy while Mika shakes her head at "the boys."

Also: apparently, tRump's remarks about "insurance for all" and how he will "crush" republicans who don't provide it just SHOW and PROVE that he's not a conservative! He's acting like a democrat! And that's not good because Bannon et. al, want to tear apart the two parties, sez, again, a starry-eyed, can I play with the mean boys now Peters. I don't know why they're confusing "apoplectic destruction of democracy" with "change," but then, I probably haven't had as much Starbucks as Joe.

Do the panelists get to drink any Starbucks? I never see any of them with anything other than Morning Joe cups. That seems rude. If I were sitting at that table at 5am, I for goddamned sure would demand at least several cups of dark roast.

Peters used to be Mika s favourite reporter because he had nice wavy hair. The show used to be sponsored by Starbucks.They dropped the endorsement a few years ago.occasionally you will see Joe sipping from a clear Starbucks mug.

Mika at 7:25 sputtering and making no sense. Something like the we parse tweets or statements from John Lewis and Dems to get the best impression but don't give Drumpf the same courtesy? And she had the gall to say "I'm no Trump supporter...."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Maire said:

Mika at 7:25 sputtering and making no sense. Something like the we parse tweets or statements from John Lewis and Dems to get the best impression but don't give Drumpf the same courtesy? And she had the gall to say "I'm no Trump supporter...."

sure jan :-P

• Love 1

Tuesday recap Mika is wearing a black top with a blotchy red scarf.Mika's scarf comes and goes throughout the show. Joe is wearing the navy blue lol bean sweater.

Vanderhei,Tyler & post Katy join the panel.

First topic. Joe is exhausted by  Trump. Joe said Trump shouldn't pick 6 fights  on twitter per day.

Joe said Trumps poll numbers are dropping. Joe said that Trump shouldn't compare the CIA to Nazis.

PK said using the word nazis is bad.

Joe said people tuned out Reagan in 1986.

Joe said Trump should calm down.

Keir Simmons was excited to be in Davos. Globalization is not a problem.

China is behaving well. posh Kitty was excited that the Chinese President likes Swiss fondu.

Joe said the Chinese would stop rigging the rules.

Bannon is more worried about the Chinese than the Russians.Joe said Trump makes too many disjointed statements.

katty said Europeans have to stop calling the US for military help and refusing to pay for it.

Trump is a populist not an ideologue according to Vanderhei.

Kasie went to an off the record party with Progressive. They are very sad that Trump won. Many of them are losing their DC jobs.

Posh Katty said DC is upset. Her servants are upset as well. 

Joe said he lectured Bush, Obama & Trump on pretending that they are the first to be President.

Mika complained about John Lewis. She said he lied about not attending Bush Jr inauguration. Mika said Lewis was a civil rights leader, but he shouldn't call Trump illegitimate.

Mika said the journalists shouldn't goad MLK IIIinto attacking Trump. Everyone should get along.

Mika said her phone blew up for attacking Lewis. She said Lewis should not be immune from criticism .Mnuchin may not get confirmed.

Joe said poll numbers in the 30s are bad.

He may not recover.

Joe said Johnny Carson was popular because he didn't annoy everyone. Tyler said the GOP congress may tune out Trump. 

• Love 3

Joe said Johnny Carson was popular because he didn't annoy everyone. Tyler said the GOP congress may tune out Trump. 

what the heck does johnny carson have to do with anything? he was a freaking late night host. and he never ran for office...that i know of

• Love 3

Either Katty had a look of disgust the entire time or her face is pulled so tight that that's the only look she has.  Hope it's the former.

Joe thinks people will start to get exhausted from the tweets.  Start?  This asshat now says he'll be keeping his own social media accounts so if anyone expected it to stop, that was wishful thinking.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, stormy said:

Either Katty had a look of disgust the entire time or her face is pulled so tight that that's the only look she has.  Hope it's the former.

Joe thinks people will start to get exhausted from the tweets.  Start?  This asshat now says he'll be keeping his own social media accounts so if anyone expected it to stop, that was wishful thinking.

he thinks?!!! pft, wake up joe. you need stronger coffee. 

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Kasie went to an off the record party with Progressive.

OK, I think I know what you meant, oakville, but this made me laugh at the thought of Kasie (Katy? Katty?) getting into a discussion of insurance rates  with Flo.

2 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

OK, I think I know what you meant, oakville, but this made me laugh at the thought of Kasie (Katy? Katty?) getting into a discussion of insurance rates  with Flo.

Kasie Hunt went to an off the record party with Progressives! I think she wAs reluctant to use the word Democrats. It could have been Democratic Party staffers. I think some of them will lose their jobs because they thought they would get hired by Hillary Clinton.

2 hours ago, Lana X said:

he thinks?!!! pft, wake up joe. you need stronger coffee. 

Posh Katty has acknowledged having Botox. 

4 hours ago, Lana X said:

what the heck does johnny carson have to do with anything? he was a freaking late night host. and he never ran for office...that i know of

Joe doesn't want politicians creating havoc every day. Joe said that no one can figure out Tru mp's policies from his tweets. It's too simplistic

• Love 1

The Twitter wars really did have Joe in a tizzy it seemed, as did the thought they would continue since DJT is keeping his account. Do you think DJT knows Obama's personal Twitter has more than 80 million followers?  That might cause a meltdown...

24 minutes ago, novhappy said:

Have they started promoting their pre-inaugural interview with Trump? What's happening there?

They are cranky today because Trump chose to gave the interview to Ainsley Airhead of Fox and Friends. I watched a bit of it . Trump wants the inauguration tickets back from those Democrats that won't attend the Inauguration.

Katty Kay looks horrible today from her studio. Did she change her hair colour?

Joe is in the Bunker. Mika is in black turtleneck.

They are worried about Trumps poll numbers. Halperin said that Trump wants to be popular.

• Love 3

Joe apparently didn't watch all of Betsy DeVos' hearing.  If he had he would not have said one word defending that miscreant.

The grizzly bear comment was the least of her problems.  Wouldn't answer if schools receiving fed funds should enforce fed laws re disabled children, doesn't know difference between growth & proficiency.

Yet all Joe could do was blast teachers' union.  My sister teaches in a private school and she thinks DeVos is horrible.  

• Love 6

Joe is in the Bunker

And it looks like he's wearing a corduroy suit. And Mike, while I'm happy she De-FoxNo Newsed herself, all this covering up with high necked turtlenecks doesn't look so great visually on camera.  Can I be pleased?

And from the "Does a Bear Shit In the Woods Desk":  pollster guy says that when trump tweets a shitstorm his polling goes down, when he acts Presidential and restrained, his polling goes up.  Who knew?

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3

The crew was very subdued this morning.  Maybe because Joe was off set so he had to do his hand wringing over trump's polls numbers and nonstop twitter wars from afar.

Everyone looked disgusted with all things trump, especially Betsy DeVos and her lack of preparedness.

I'm kind of suprised they keep looking for the person who's going to tell their BFF to stay off twitter.  Maybe Joe and Mike should be the police in charge.

I loved the grizzly bear comment. 

Bears: screw you humans! I'm gonna start shooting you guys up in schools! *cocks rifle* take that, sally!

Every late night show is right this minute figuring out who's going to have to wear the bear suit tonight.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Every late night show is right this minute figuring out who's going to have to wear the bear suit tonight.  

and will someone from the NRA make a guest appearance to defend the bear's rights to......bear arms? :-P

• Love 2

and will someone from the NRA make a guest appearance to defend the bear's rights to......bear arms? :-P

and who will defend Mika's right to bare arms? (She is so covered up these days)

I got the sense from the bits I watched this morning that even Joe is straining under the weight of having to defend Trump. And the asshole isn't even President yet.

Meanwhile, Halperin, always two steps behind the pack, continues to discuss Trump like he's a real President Elect with a governing philosophy and a strategy.  I don't know what it's going to take for Halperin to understand that Trump just doesn't give a shit. He'll dismiss any criticism or falling poll numbers as "fake news" and crawl back into his orange bubble. And Mike Allen, give me a break - "Trump is starting to realize the gravity of his office!" Bull. Shit. Trump decided to play President for an hour and everyone is falling for it.

Whoever it was (Barnicle? Willie?) who said Trump is just making it up as he goes along was right.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8

What kind of a cocktail is Joe on?  He's been calm and rational the past couple of days.

He praised President Obama's final news conference.  He questioned the fact that do ethics no longer matter when it comes to be confirmed for a cabinet job?  Does experience get thrown out the window when a nominee is clueless about the position they've been appointed to?

And, the frosting on the cake came when Joe used the word incoherent to describe pretty much all of trump's policies and trump himself.

• Love 1

"Trump is starting to realize the gravity of his office!" Bull. Shit. Trump decided to play President for an hour and everyone is falling for it.

ABC interviewed the Trump adult kids and Eric said it still hasn't dawned on his father what he's about to undertake. 

That's just fucking wonderful Eric.  And considering Trump doesn't think he really starts work til Monday at 8 am, gosh I hope Vlad doesn't invade Poland this weekend. 

• Love 5

Remember 8 years ago when everyone was going on about how Obama HAD to work with the Republicans and create a a team of rivals that will work for the greater good.

Why hasn't the group brought in Doris Goodwin to comment on the Trump administration? Have they really not mentioned how many Goldman Sachs people Trump has tapped?

• Love 3

Thursday recap. Mika & Joe are in Washington. Joe said it was hair club for men day. Joe bragged that he and Jeremy Peters have great hair. Mika squealed. Joe made fun of Barnicle , Haas, & Steele from suffering from hair loss. Mika has a new yellow & blue scarf. Is she a Methodist ? Joe is wearing the checkered red shirt from 2011. He has a blazer on. 

Joe liked Obamas press conference. Peters said Obama won't bail out the Democrats. It's up to Sanders & Warren to defend the Democrats.

Joe said Hillary should have listened to Plouffe & Axelrod about paying attention to voters in the Midwest.

barnicle trashed Obama and said he led the Democrats into the wilderness. Obama never developed a strong bench. 

Peters said that Democrats are impotent. They are fighting back against Trump nominees.

Jeb Bush supports Grizzly Devos. Joe said it's teachers unions vs school choice.

barnicle was shocked what the energy dept does. No one knew that it controlled  nuclear weapons.

Joe went on a rant about insider trading in Congress. It's legal. There was a 60 minutes special a few years ago. Joe said he wasn't an stock picker. I do remember Joe in March 2009 saying that GE was a good buy at $6.66.

Joe bragged that he told others not to do insider trades when he was in Congress.

everyone like Hope Hicks. She is Trumps communication advisors.

the politico guy can't go for drinks at the trump hotel in DC. No reporters allowed. Mika bragged that she could get into the hotel for breakfast.

barnicle said that Nikki Haley makes Sarah plain look like Henry Kissinger. She doesn't know anything about foreign policy. The panel was disappointed. 

Thats hilarious. They all loved her when Trump appointed her because she was an ally of Rubio & she was a female woman of colour. Why didn't anyone ask her about her foreign policy credentials when she was appointed.?

2 hours ago, stormy said:

What kind of a cocktail is Joe on?  He's been calm and rational the past couple of days.

He praised President Obama's final news conference.  He questioned the fact that do ethics no longer matter when it comes to be confirmed for a cabinet job?  Does experience get thrown out the window when a nominee is clueless about the position they've been appointed to?

And, the frosting on the cake came when Joe used the word incoherent to describe pretty much all of trump's policies and trump himself.

True. Joe said he would vote against Tom Price

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I just want someone to look Halperin straight in the eye and ask "who's the dick now Mark?"

Has Woodward or anyone talked about the precedent being set with Trump remaining active on Twitter?

Mika wants Halperin to bring in his baby on the show

• Love 1