Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Donnie was on WADR yesterday after the tape broke, let's just say he was shaking his head and beyond disgusted - Halperin was off, so it was just he and Heilemann, I'm not sure if Bloomberg keeps the episodes on it's site or not - but it was an episode worth watching.

• Love 4
On 10/8/2016 at 0:09 PM, NextIteration said:

We have had Enough!

Keith takes down many, but includes Scarborough as a collaborator.  

Yaaaas!  Keith's take down of Trump's collaborators and enablers was epic!

I suspect that tomorrow will be all kinds of awkward.  I have no doubt that Meek-a will be genuinely upset and Joe will pontificate his faux outrage especially if Trump doesn't get a poll bounce after the debate tonight.

Stay tuned...I will actually try to watch tomorrow's show in it's entirety.

• Love 4

Anyone taking bets on whether Joe even shows up this morning?  The Trump p----y grab video came out after they were off the air.  Joe has had time to figure out a way to say how unfair it is that he, Joe, could never get away with being a "groper" and how much more he, Joe, admires Donald now that he, Joe, knows this.  

I don't even want to think about how hard Joe and crew are going to spin that Trump won the debate -- because Trump didn't drool or fall down or some shit.

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 3

Oh lord. Eight minutes in and it's more than I can handle. Grabbing for my remote as Joe and Mika are praising Trump for winning the debate and putting on an amazing political spectacle. They are as vile as the guy they are praising.

• Love 14

I disagree with just about everything Cackles stands for politically, but she's been remarkably even-handed and clear-headed in her commentary, both on this show and elsewhere on the network.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, shok said:

Oh lord. Eight minutes in and it's more than I can handle. Grabbing for my remote as Joe and Mika are praising Trump for winning the debate and putting on an amazing political spectacle. They are as vile as the guy they are praising.

Something just ain't right with MiJo. Like, really askeeeewww. Can't bear them.  I'm not a big fan of Nicolle, but she and Willie looked at the lovebirds as though they were kookooluks. Nuts.  Insane.

Can't wait for election day and President Hillary.

• Love 10

Morning Joe gives enabling a whole new meaning. They help Trump point fingers at Clinton, including Mika, and as such their show is a daily support system for Trump. To suggest that Trump's campaign, from the moment he entered the primaries, hasn't been a whole new low in presidential politics is to be intentionally ignorant. No Supreme Ct. justice hearings or few days with Gary Hart -- as Joe suggests -- compares with the relentless gutter dwelling that Trump has dragged this country through, including calling every one of his opponents names, like he's a 10 year old, to making fun of people for their looks, disabilities, gender, religion, you name it, to the lack of financial transparency, to the crude talk and behavior that is constantly being exposed and this has been going on for over a year. Ugh. Every segment of their show, they replay and replay all Trump's crappy excuses and accusations and then *they* double down on them.

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 13

Did Mika accidentally put on Joe's fleece this morning?

Halperin, ugh. 

Oh Joe. Shut up. Don't mock with that Pence-voice again. You sound like a toddler. And fake outrage doesn't work either.

Oooh. Mika goes after Nicole!?! Tells her to do a little googling and learn some facts ?Who'd she just call pathetic weak and spineless? What the...?

Wow. Wish Donnie was here.

• Love 7

By the way, what is this 30 years in office Trump and the enablers on Morning Joe keep bringing up?  30 years ago neither Hillary nor Bill were in federal office. 30 years ago was 1986 and Ronald Reagan was in office and Hillary was First Lady ... of Arkansas! Furthermore, in the 1990's, when Bill was the president, Hillary had no elected position in the government and when Bill asked Hillary to work on healthcare, the Republicans were appalled and said she had no place doing policy since she was not an elected official. They ran her through the wringer over that. The first year Hillary ever held elected office was 2001. Fifteen years ago. And, at that point, she was one of 100 Senators and a junior one at that. So, according to Trump and his enablers, Hillary should've been able to transform the tax code all by herself. In fact, she should be held responsible for everything that happened in the federal government as one of 100 Senators. Lastly, Hillary then became a cabinet officer and as Secretary of State, once again should be held responsible for every decision President Obama ever made, whether it had to do with foreign policy or not! In fact, according to Donald, she's responsible for everything John Kerry's doing too because *clearly* Clinton is advising Kerry on a daily basis while running for President while also being on her death bed.

• Love 19

I don't think any of them watched the same debate I did.  They must have fallen through a wormhole and watched it in an alternative universe.

I was thinking the same thing!  Also Mr. Morning Poll must not have seen the CNN poll which gave HRC the win by like 20 points I think. 

I can't even wrap my head around what they were talking about this morning.  What about all the creepy walking around and trying to intimidate Hillary by looming behind her.   

I think Trump got his debate prep from scary clowns. 

• Love 11

Well, Donnie showed up only to be shouted down by Joe. Unbelievable.

What a mess this show is. Now I'm hoping for the awkward pauses I predicted. 

Joe's acting like a toddler who's being told he can't have that toy. 

I just can't deal with all of the talkover and yelling and mocking. 

And today's the day they have kids there? Who are the kids? And why? 

Maybe Eugene will help dial things down. Geesh.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

By the way, what is this 30 years in office Trump and the enablers on Morning Joe keep bringing up?  30 years ago neither Hillary nor Bill were in federal office. 30 years ago was 1986 and Ronald Reagan was in office and Hillary was First Lady ... of Arkansas! Furthermore, in the 1990's, when Bill was the president, Hillary had no elected position in the government and when Bill asked Hillary to work on healthcare, the Republicans were appalled and said she had no place doing policy since she was not an elected official. They ran her through the wringer over that. The first year Hillary ever held elected office was 2001. Fifteen years ago. And, at that point, she was one of 100 Senators and a junior one at that. So, according to Trump and his enablers, Hillary should've been able to transform the tax code all by herself. In fact, she should be held responsible for everything that happened in the federal government as one of 100 Senators. Lastly, Hillary then became a cabinet officer and as Secretary of State, once again should be held responsible for every decision President Obama ever made, whether it had to do with foreign policy or not! In fact, according to Donald, she's responsible for everything John Kerry's doing too because *clearly* Clinton is advising Kerry on a daily basis while running for President while also being on her death bed.

Yes!

You know, when Trump speaks of public office, and especially of the Presidency, he sounds confused, to me.  He gives the impression that  the Presidency is actually a monarchy, or, maybe, a dictatorship.  He "promises" to do this or that from his first day in office.  

During last night's debate, he berated some recent decision of President Obama, then said he was sure Hillary had been consulted even though she was no longer in office. God!

• Love 6

Whatever the fuck?  They have kids on set and this is going on?  Joe bullies Donnie Deutsche, who is a bazillionaire in the ad biz, an actual marketing genius who is making a point and bang on about it.  Bless Yamiche for saying it out loud finally - the sudden outrage from all these Republicans is that this time, this time, it was a white woman.

I'm gonna have a heart attack before this election, I swear.  And I'm still in shock about what I witnessed last night, and I'm so ashamed of my country I've actually cried.

• Love 18

Something has to be up behind the scenes. Either Joe is leaning on Meeka or Trump is leaning on them both. There is no explanation for the blinders they have on. 

I agree with many prior opinions on Nicolle these past few weeks. She is open minded even if I don't agree with her 100 percent.

• Love 8

My favorite thing now is when any show asks a Clinton campaign person if Trump should drop out--and they get this little light in their eyes and then immediately they get all serious and say "no of course not".

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Maire said:

Something has to be up behind the scenes. Either Joe is leaning on Meeka or Trump is leaning on them both. There is no explanation for the blinders they have on. 

I agree with many prior opinions on Nicolle these past few weeks. She is open minded even if I don't agree with her 100 percent.

I think Trump's leaning on them both and on top of that Joe is trying to lean on Mika and she's trying to fight back. Frankly, with all of the talkover I understood maybe half of what was said but she seemed to be pushing back?  Helluva way to run a "talk" show. 

Did they not think of "the optics" when they were on their way to Trump Tower?

Nicole has surprised me these last 24 hours. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

I think Trump's leaning on them both and on top of that Joe is trying to lean on Mika and she's trying to fight back. Frankly, with all of the talkover I understood maybe half of what was said but she seemed to be pushing back?  Helluva way to run a "talk" show. 

I thought it was cajones of Mika to advise that Hillary should've responded to Trump's bringing up of her husband's infidelities by saying that she and her husband worked through it, and she wanted to save her marriage as if Hillary had never, ever said that or is even -- evidently -- living it for decades! Mika, we know you're old enough to remember what happened in the 1990's and afterward. You're not a millennial who has to be told what happened.

Edited by Nidratime
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I was thinking the same thing!  Also Mr. Morning Poll must not have seen the CNN poll which gave HRC the win by like 20 points I think. 

I can't even wrap my head around what they were talking about this morning.  What about all the creepy walking around and trying to intimidate Hillary by looming behind her.   

I think Trump got his debate prep from scary clowns. 

Took reply to 24hr News Grind.

• Love 2

I haven't watched Morning Joe in ages. Is Mika always so skreechy! And mean? I thought she was going to jump across the table at Nicole. And Nicole and Willie were just looking at she and Joe like they were crazy. I could only watch the first 30 minutes. And here's the thing. Mika was kind of right. All these Republicans all of the sudden jumping ship on Trump now, when he's been saying offensive things all along are hypocrites. But she was so obnoxious about it, and so condescending, especially to Nicolle, who was always Never Trump, I had to turn. 

• Love 8

I occasionally watch this crap show because I usually can't believe what I'm watching.  This morning I turned it on, turned it off 3 minutes later, turned to my husband, and said something is not right.  They are in Trump's pocket.  Something is going on, something is not right.

I know they have been doing this since the primaries, but SOMETHING is NOT RIGHT.

• Love 10

I guess most of the crew thought it was normal for a candidate to threaten to lockup their rival after he is elected that it wasn't mentioned. I think that Yamiche was the only one to mention it in passing then Joe went back to the 90s.

Really Joe? Do you really want to revisit the 90s?

• Love 10
On 10/8/2016 at 1:12 PM, Padma said:

Great link! I really liked some of the comments.  Monday with Joe and Mika will be so interesting--post video, post townhall.  Will they go to Trump tower this weekend and still be kept "in pocket"? Or, as is more likely, will Joe (once again) claim he's got all this integrity and has to separate himself from the nominee (again)?

I'm hoping they'll have Donny back and let him tell the stories about Trump's behavior with women on the Apprentice, stories he began but which Joe cut off last week.

Mika & Joe gave a very strong defense of Trump today. Joe said he was right all along with his prescient weekend tweets

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

I haven't watched Morning Joe in ages. Is Mika always so skreechy! And mean? I thought she was going to jump across the table at Nicole. And Nicole and Willie were just looking at she and Joe like they were crazy. I could only watch the first 30 minutes. And here's the thing. Mika was kind of right. All these Republicans all of the sudden jumping ship on Trump now, when he's been saying offensive things all along are hypocrites. But she was so obnoxious about it, and so condescending, especially to Nicolle, who was always Never Trump, I had to turn. 

Mika almost tackled Cackles today!

• Love 7

This show used to be about politics and policy and ideas but that horse left the barn years ago. Now it is just about politics. And in terms of politics alone, Joe and Mika were right, this was a triumph on Trump's part. On Friday night, Rachel Maddow opined that she wasn't sure Trump would survive as the party's nominee to even show up at the debate. Other journalists and commentators followed. Most of the GOP leadership had fled the ship by Saturday night. Trump walking through the door last night was a victory of sorts for him on a purely political level, not a moral one. (You can opine on the effectiveness of the Nuremberg rallies without endorsing their hateful message.) Much like Bill Clinton showing up to give the State of the Union in 1998 the week after the Lewinsky scandal broke, when most news people were predicting a resignation the weekend leading up to it. Both Clinton then, and Trump now, "won", on a superficial level, by showing up. You will find similar sentiments expressed in mainstream newspapers, albeit not as sycophanticly as this show,

Had this show been a more serious show, they would have spent the morning dissecting the ideas or lack thereof exchanged in the debate. But it is not a serious show anymore. And had this debate been tonight instead of last night, they would have likely followed the other shows of the weekend and predicted the demise of Trump (and maybe spent a little time on the Clinton speech excerpts.) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, spiritof76 said:

She was "kind of" right, I agree. But I was in and out of the room and I didn't hear them distinguish between the words Trump used - yes, he was gross and uncouth - and the conduct he was using the words to describe, which was an outright admission to sexual assault.  So she's right in the sense that Republicans jumping ship now should have known what they were getting into, but I can see that for many the assault revelation (which he then backtracked on during the debate) was simply a bridge too far.

I dunno. To me, it was like Joe and Mika considered it a "win" for Trump because he didn't physically combust on stage last night. I missed the exchange between Mika and Cackles, but I did see Joe shouting Donnie down and Donnie shouting back at him--which I wish people would do more of. Unfortunately, Donnie didn't get his point across during the blah-blah-blah Bill Clinton crosstalk.

• Love 6

Monday Recap. I didn't watch the show live today due to the Thanksgiving Holiday in Canada. It was epic Morning Joe!

Joe was wearing his navy blue sweater with a poorly tucked in shirt collar. Mika was wearing a black zip up sweater with a lumberjack red shirt. The couple may have been headed to an Apple picking event after the show. Mika & Joe defended Trump's performance last night. The opening clip showed Trump making lewd comments about groping women on  the Access Hollywood Bus, then various GOP's members of the Senate & Congress demanding that Trump step aside.. They showed the Trump apology video, Paul Ryan, Bill Clinton's alleged victims at the debate. Juanita Broderick. Debate clips of the Locker Room Talk. Trump  accusing Hillary of deleting the emails while under subpoena.

Joe said he was trying to go to sleep last night but his phone kept blowing up. Joe reminded the audience that he tweeted about being careful that Trump had nothing lose!. Joe said it was Trump's best performance in a debate. Joe mocked everyone that jumped off the Trump train. Joe said the political reality is that the GOP base wanted that attack against the Clinton Machine since the 1990's.

Joe & Willie said Trump stopped the bleeding.

Halperin said that Trump energized the GOP base. He said that Pence will stay on the ticket. The campaign is excited but the Electoral College remains tough for Trump.

Willie said it was a fantasy for opponents of Hillary,

Mika said the media overreached Mika said the never Trump group overeacted.

Joe went on to impersonate GOP weasels who tried to get him off the ticket. Joe impersonated Pence. It was hilarious.

Mika told the media & Clinton campaign to get off his high horse. Mika told Cackles to stop to getting shocked by Trump's comments on Howard Stern. Mika called Cackles pathetic & told her to Google Trump. She called everyone out for being spineless Mika said Trump "went there" She said Trump penetrated! the issue of Bill's infidelity.

Professor Eddie said it was the bottom of politics.Joe said the GOP found Bill's infidelities in the 90's were the bottom.

The panel said Gary Hart's campaign imploded over the Donna Rice scandal. Joe said the Clinton's got a pass for their behavior.

Joe was opposed to the muslim ban, & did not endorse Trump. Mika & Joe said it was wrong for Joespeople to flip against Trump after the Access Hollywood tape.

That was funny, because Mika & Joe have been flipping back & forth on Trump since June 2015.

Joe called Donnie a blind squirrel for predicting the Trump scandal on Friday. Donnie said Trump lost the debate. Donnie said he was an expert on women's focus group. Women will revolt against Trump.

• Love 4

Donnie & Joe got into a shouting match. Donnie said Hillary is running for office not Bill. Joe trashed the Liberals who supported Bill & Monica. Joe said Liberals bragged about Paula Jones being trailer trash. Joe said Liberals were hypocrites for defending Clinton assaulting women but now complaining about Trump talking about assaulting women.

Donnie said he spent the 1990's on drugs. Donnie said JFK & Clinton were philanderes. Mika mocked JFK's camelot. Women love Bill Clinton

Earlier in the show Mika said the same thing to Tom Brokaw. Brokaw was upset that they were bringing up past Presidents sexual misconduct.

Joe bragged that the GOP should have stopped supporting Trump after the muslim ban.

I don't think there has ever been so much sex talk on this show.

• Love 5

There was very little discussion about Billy Bush being suspended from NBC for participating in PGate. The panel didn't bring up why no one at NBC which owns Access Hollywood didn't release the tape a year ago during the Primaries. 

The panel didn't discuss why Billy Bush did not inform his cousin Jeb Bush about the interview in 2005. Couldn't Billie have taken the tape & given it to his cousin, Jeb?

• Love 4

During the last segment, Mika held a small African American child & covered her ears while discussing the endorsements for Hillary. There were two other kids on the set.

Hallie Jackson showed up at 855 am? Hallie said that Kelly Anne Conway was happy with Trump's performance last night.

Trump was planning to put Bill's accusers in the family box & force Clinton to shake hands with them!. Wow!.

Willie said that some people predicted that Trump would bring the women to the debates or convention. It was still shocking!

I am exhausted from recapping Today's show. I will make a leftover Turkey Sandwich.

I was happy that Joe didn't brag about his beloved Red Sox who are on the verge of getting swept from the ALDS while my beloved, Blue Jays swept the hapless Rangers:))

• Love 6

WTF happened this morning? Joe and Mika are delusional. They think the media and Republicans overreacted to Trump's comments bragging about sexual assault? They are delusional. 

New NBC poll shows Hillary up by 11 points. Will they admit they are wrong tomorrow? Of course not.

Nicole Wallace looked irritated as fuck at Mika and Joe today.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

It's clear that Donald Trump is blackmailing Mike and Joe. Otherwise - there is no explanation for today's show.

I do wonder what is going on behind the scenes. Mika was furious at Bill Clinton & Hillary for Bill's affairs & alleged sexual assaults. Joe was back on his 1990's attacks on Bill Clinton. It's very weird given what has happened in Mika & Joe's personal lives.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, pivot said:

WTF happened this morning? Joe and Mika are delusional. They think the media and Republicans overreacted to Trump's comments bragging about sexual assault? They are delusional. 

New NBC poll shows Hillary up by 11 points. Will they admit they are wrong tomorrow? Of course not.

Nicole Wallace looked irritated as fuck at Mika and Joe today.

Cackles apparently was arguing with Mika & Joe before the show. Cackles reiterated that she was always Never Trump.

Cackles forgot how friendly she was with Trump during the primaries. She would always tell Trump that her parents loved him.

I agree with Joe that some GOP's will come back crawling to Trump if he ends up gaining support after the debate.

• Love 3

The headline at The Week is: "Morning Joe hosts gush over Trump's 'epic' debate performance."

I can't with these two. They are incapable of civil discussion with others. I also think Trump bribed them with something (press sec for Joe?) during that visit to Trump Tower. The change is just too bizarre.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that Mika doesn't recognize bullying and intimidation considering how her bf acts. And I guess Trump bragging about sexual assault is fine, too, And it's okay for Joe and Mika to ignore women's accusation of sexual harassment, battery and assault against Trump, but we take accusations against Bill Clinton as the truth and we're outraged over it.

I'd rather see Willie and Nicole hosting, even Nicole and Barnacle, (even, maybe, Nicole and Halperin whom I don't like either) that's how much I can't stand these two. 

Edited by Padma
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

This show used to be about politics and policy and ideas but that horse left the barn years ago. Now it is just about politics. And in terms of politics alone, Joe and Mika were right, this was a triumph on Trump's part. On Friday night, Rachel Maddow opined that she wasn't sure Trump would survive as the party's nominee to even show up at the debate. Other journalists and commentators followed. Most of the GOP leadership had fled the ship by Saturday night. Trump walking through the door last night was a victory of sorts for him on a purely political level, not a moral one. (You can opine on the effectiveness of the Nuremberg rallies without endorsing their hateful message.) Much like Bill Clinton showing up to give the State of the Union in 1998 the week after the Lewinsky scandal broke, when most news people were predicting a resignation the weekend leading up to it. Both Clinton then, and Trump now, "won", on a superficial level, by showing up. You will find similar sentiments expressed in mainstream newspapers, albeit not as sycophanticly as this show,

Had this show been a more serious show, they would have spent the morning dissecting the ideas or lack thereof exchanged in the debate. But it is not a serious show anymore. And had this debate been tonight instead of last night, they would have likely followed the other shows of the weekend and predicted the demise of Trump (and maybe spent a little time on the Clinton speech excerpts.) 

Very well written analysis!. Professor Eddie tried to talk about the lack of issues like Ferguson, climate change etc not being discussed.  Mika & Joe did get lucky that the debate was last night. Mika did make a good point about the media overreach. Is it even possible for Trump to drop out of the race at this point?

• Love 1

Joe said it was Trump's best performance in a debate. Joe mocked everyone that jumped off the Trump train. Joe said the political reality is that the GOP base wanted that attack against the Clinton Machine since the 1990's

Hope it was worth it because the articles I've read that cite republican internal polling are grim. Today Paul Ryan basically told the Congress worry about yourselves, forget DJT.

If Heilman and Halperin don't have a chapter in their 2016 Election book about the real deal behind the scenes at Morning Joe it will be a waste.

• Love 9

Is it even possible for Trump to drop out of the race at this point?

Interestingly enough MSNBC had GOP party/electoral college specialist attorney Ben Ginsburg on before the debate to discuss this. Bottom line - it's tricky. We vote for electors in the electoral college, who pledge to vote for a nominee. So it depends on the electors agreeing to vote for a party-designated nominee, but that's like herding cats.  Too bad *this* show didn't discuss this kind of stuff. It's an interesting and nuanced issue. And we all here are a perfect audience for it, dare I say! 

• Love 7

Have they ever had Ginsberg on Morning Joe?  On a personal level, I despise him, but he's great at what he's doing for MSNBC.  I find myself looking forward to hearing his take on things - the ultimate insider, so to speak.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4