Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

Interesting that Sasha and Lucy are wearing the same outfits in the Vanity Fair videos and the Sway interview. Not that I think that's a bad thing though. I actually like when people who have access to free clothes bother to wear something more than once. I'm guessing they did the VF stuff around the same time as the Sway interview (right before 6B started) so I wonder if they did them on the same day.

Interesting that Sasha and Lucy are wearing the same outfits in the Vanity Fair videos and the Sway interview. Not that I think that's a bad thing though. I actually like when people who have access to free clothes bother to wear something more than once. I'm guessing they did the VF stuff around the same time as the Sway interview (right before 6B started) so I wonder if they did them on the same day.

I'm pretty sure it was on the same day. They crammed a bunch of press appearances in that Monday and Tuesday of the premiere (Jan 11th and 12th) when they all went to NYC. I know Good Morning America and The View were both on Tuesday, and they all changed between those appearances. So  Sway and Vanity Fair and some of the other stuff were probably on Monday and maybe Lucy and Sasha just didn't bother to change outfits because they technically weren't going to be on TV? 

Lucy Hale confirmed that season 7 is the last one. Do you think we'll know who A is by then?

A is definitely "that sci-fi trope where the internet spawns a sentient entity that lives in it and is pretty pissed off." Or like the equivalent of the original Saika from Durarara. I'd be in for that.

She was probably not supposed to announce that.

Unless she and the other Liars have decided that they're going to announce Season 7 as the last in order to force the network's hand. Lucy and Troian are clearly done with the show. I think Ashley is done now because of the Haleb break-up. Since Marlene has backtracked before and said that Season 7 might not be the last, the Liars might have decided that they're going to refer to it as the last in order to get the network to end it. 

• Love 2

Yup, that's my take as well. The girls are probably under a lot of pressure from MK and the network to keep going season 8 and beyond but I have a feeling they'll stick to their guns this time around and not give in. And with saying that I've realized I've oficially reached the "wish I could quit you" point with this show. To quote Spencer, I'll miss seeing their faces terribly but the mediocre writing has been killing me.

I'm done with the show, but saw this on tumblr - twin. It made me laugh so hard. The show is so off the rails with the rehashing. (I'm still reading Heather Hogan's recaps for the lulz.)

Edited by Crim

Pretty Little Liars Season 7 Welcomes Back Andrea Parker as Series Regular

http://tvline.com/2016/03/16/pretty-little-liars-season-7-spoilers-andrea-parker-series-regular/

Fresh off Tuesday’s major Pretty Little Liars twist — the late Jessica DiLaurentis was revealed to be the twin sister of Charlotte’s mother Mary Drake — Andrea Parker, who portrays both Jessica and Mary, has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming seventh season.

EXCLUSIVE 'Pretty Little Liars' Postmortem: Ashley Benson Dishes on Hanna's 'Questionable' Fate in Season 7!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/184563_exclusive_pretty_little_liars_finale_ashley_benson_hanna_fate_season_7_postmortem/

"What the heck just happened to Hanna?!"

I've been asking myself this all season!

"Ashley Benson Dishes on Hanna's 'Questionable' Fate in Season 7!"

How about explaining Hanna's questionable actions in season 6!

And WOW, Benson is just as delusional about functioning relationships as her character.  You shouldn't have to get "stuck" alone with someone to work out your problems. That's not how real relationships work or the real world operates. My opinion of this actress just seriously dropped if she truly believes that and isn't just pandering to the Haleb shippers. Actually even if that's what she's doing, I'm pretty disgusted. Lots of young viewers watch this show and follow the actresses and how Hanna has behaved this season is most definitely not a role model to look up to. 

• Love 3
Ashley Benson Dishes on Hanna's 'Questionable' Fate in Season 7

We've seen her alive and well in a flash-forward, so what's questionable about her fate other than the writers' retconning that out of existence?  "Oh, that was a dream / alternate reality / different timeline and shut up!"

"Pretty Little Liars season six finale just sent shockwaves through our screens"

Did they get to see a different finale than we did?

Shockwaves of revulsion and nausea maybe.  Though to be honest I don't frequent the cesspits of Instagram or Tumblr or whatever where the tween shippers dwell, so I don't know what the target audiences' general reactions were.  I tried listening to the Cabernet-and-A podcast but its production values are so bad it's unlistenable, though I gathered that they were not pleased.  I do look forward to the Bro's 3 hour pontification on how this episode was a brilliant because reasons.

• Love 5

We've seen her alive and well in a flash-forward, so what's questionable about her fate other than the writers' retconning that out of existence?  "Oh, that was a dream / alternate reality / different timeline and shut up!"

You know they're totally going to say it's a fever dream of Ali's while she's locked up in the mental institution. 

Marlene gave some "teasers" for season 7 in one of the videos from yesterday. Apparently the PLLs will make the "biggest mistake of their lives!" next season. At the rate things are going for Alison lately, I'm going to assume it's going to be accidentally murdering her. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 1

‘Pretty Little Liars’ Season 7: Marlene King’s 8 things to expect

http://zap2it.com/2016/03/pretty-little-liars-season-7-vanessa-ray-uber-a-mary-drake-answers/

Sounds like S7 is it, but Marlene still does not want to say it. Wanting the guest stars to all return, sail toward the horizon, epic romance, everybody come through and visit us in Rosewood in Season 7,  relationships are more complicated but the payoffs are even greater when the couples we feel should ultimately be together find each other, and knowing what season 7 will be for a long time.

Of course Heather Hogan had to blame the male character (in this case Rollins) for Ali's turn to blandness. As if she wasn't been just as bland in 6A and most of 5B. And why is she counting Talia as more of a "real love interest" than Shower?

Maybe Ashley said that about Emily because she was hoping she would be fired from the show.

Because we have our five-year time jump, the girls make grown-up decisions and are more adult with their emotions, so it has allowed us to really heighten our romantic stakes,” says King. “

So much wrong in so few words. Impressive. The only things they are "more adult with" are their wine drinking habits and their lingerie. I appreciate the lingerie scenes, don't get me wrong but they cannot replace actual characterization.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 4

As usual this MK interview reeks of BS, lies, and blowing smoke up the viewers asses. 

Case in point: 

“Because we have our five-year time jump, the girls make grown-up decisions and are more adult with their emotions, so it has allowed us to really heighten our romantic stakes,” says King.

If she really believes this about her characters, I'd hate to see what her relationships are like in real life. The girls have made more immature decisions and handled their emotions worse now as twenty-something characters than they did as teens. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

She really said that? They are making the same dumb ass decisions they did when they were 16. They are even falling back in with the exact same people they were with. Talk about stunted emotional growth. These girls...young women now I suppose...are just sad and pathetic and it is painful to watch.

• Love 2

I understand if people are frustrated with the lack of love interest for Emily this season. I'm just too sick of all of their romantic relationships to give a crap. The other liars are stuck with the same guys, the same awful triangles, the same yucky teachers as they were 5000 years ago when Satan himself created Rosewood. At least Emily has something different going on.

• Love 3

Of course Heather Hogan had to blame the male character (in this case Rollins) for Ali's turn to blandness. As if she wasn't been just as bland in 6A and most of 5B. And why is she counting Talia as more of a "real love interest" than Shower?

I definitely think it is a little premature to accuse the writers of de-gaying the show.  Don't get me wrong I agree with everything Heather said about gay couples being portrayed differently on this show and in general, but Emily has been single for 10 episodes (I can't figure out why Shower is not a real love interest), less than that if it turns out that the writers are making Emily/Alison endgame.  If anything the scene where Alison was checking herself into psych ward was actually kinda sweet, particularly compared to how gross every other relationship is right now.  Could the writers just be queer-baiting? Yes, but until we see what happens next season, I feel like complaints about Emily's love life are more an example to how badly this show is being written, instead of an attempt by the writers to erase Emily's sexuality.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's the show with most noms at the Teen Choice Awards again, I think?

Of course, I find it hard to imagine the performers for Toby and Fitz and Caleb (in that order) having fans for their acting abilities.

The second half/'wave' of noms happens sometime later though. Presumably more noms for PLL there, since there are about a million categories.

Edited by jjjmoss

Look. there's Hanna Saving Time, and there's Romance Time. Which do you think is more important? LET'S BE REAL HERE PEOPLE. HANDLE DAT EZRIA TIME REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GUD NAO EMOJIx2!!!!!

I just threw up a little in my mouth typing that last sentence. I needed that to be on record.

• Love 6
On 6/1/2016 at 9:39 AM, raytch said:

@Lii my you're on a roll with the snark!

I have a special feeling this season will require extra warming up. I may need a training arc of my own.

• Love 3

Oh thank God, the return of Noel Kahn. Wonder what he's been up to after the show's time jump. No doubt still foine! Thank you for posting the article, the return of the other character announced in there has also made me happy. :-)

• Love 1
On 6/3/2016 at 8:59 AM, Lii said:

I have a special feeling this season will require extra warming up. I may need a training arc of my own.

Hahaha well if Noel Kahn is coming back so am I! He is a ball of sex. How Aria chose Ezra over him is beyond me.

On 6/5/2016 at 6:22 AM, KaveDweller said:

Is it official that the show is ending after season 7? I keep seeing Lucy Hale mention it, but if it's set, I'm surprised Freeform isn't promoting the whole "final season" thing.

I think they might try to reboot the show with a new set of liars. If that's the case I'm so not interested. I'm happy they are bringing back some of the familiar faces but I'm more than ready to say goodbye to this show.