Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

‘Pretty Little Liars’ Star Shay Mitchell Gets Reality Series at Fullscreen

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/shay-mitchell-fullscreen-reality-series-1201959061/

Actress and digital influencer Shay Mitchell, star of “Pretty Little Liars,” is getting her own reality series on Fullscreen’s subscription-video service promising an intimate look at her life and the next phase of career.

The eight-episode “Shades of Shay,” set to premiere sometime in early 2017, is one of seven new influencer-driven shows set to debut in the next few weeks on Fullscreen’s youth-targeted $6-per-month service.

“Shades of Shay” will follow Mitchell now that shooting for the seventh and final season of Freeform’s primetime soap “Pretty Little Liars” has wrapped. Each episode will follow her as she navigates the next chapter of her life, showing her on-set rehearsing lines for upcoming Screen Gems horror film “Cadaver” or hanging out with her besties. “Shades of Shay” is produced in association with Kids at Play and is executive produced by Mitchell, Jason Berger and Amy Laslett.

Info from the TCA winter press tour about 7B

I'd say it's very mildly spoilerish (I'm a spoilerphobe and they didn't give away anything that made me feel spoiled), the most important of which is that they're finally going to do a musical episode!

Other info: there will be a one year time jump at some point during 7B, and that scene we saw at the end of S6 when the girls come into Alison's classroom will be continued.

They also revealed what's in the box shown in the clip above:

Spoiler

an evil board game that AD makes the PLL play

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Lucy Hale to star in CW dramedy after Pretty Little Liars ends
http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/31/lucy-hale-cw-life-sentence/

Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale has picked her next project.

The actress is moving over to The CW to star in a dramedy pilot titled Life Sentence.

The subject matter isn’t as grim as the title would suggest, however. The show is about a young woman who decides to live life to the fullest after thinking she had terminal cancer… only to learn she isn’t actually sick at all. Now, she has to live with all the choices made during a spree when she was “living like she was dying.” The dramedy is from writers Erin Cardillo and Richard Keith (Significant Mother).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, GaT said:

Um, this sounds....bad. 

When I binged this, there were points in the later series when they would mention people, or characters would appear, who hadn't been mentioned or appeared in multiple episodes or even multiple series. I was left googling who the hell these people were and how they related to earlier plot lines. The major problem with this show is that it became so bloated with extraneous characters, red-herrings, mcguffins, deus ex machina, retcons and unfinished sub-plots that everything became an incoherent mess. 

And now they're bringing back a load of characters in the finale, some of whom have had no bearing on anything, in years (although I'm sure the writers will retcon that as well)... I guess I better have google open to remind myself who the hell half these people are (I already had to look up Wren Kingston and Sydney Driscoll from the synopsis... I shouldn't admit this, but I had to look up Melissa Hastings as well; I think her "character" has been so schizophrenic and inconsistent that somewhere in my head I cannot accept her as a portrayal of a real person and rather as a plot device that says and does whatever the writer's need at any given time). 

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, GaT said:

Um, this sounds....bad. 

I honestly thought it was fake at first because it's so awful. Just a bunch of fallout from the finale without any new developments. Oh, and shipping, because we definitely didn't get enough of that last season.

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm not anticipating many answers in the big 2 hour finale when you have Marlene King saying things at Paleyfest like this:

Talking about the two-hour series finale that “was written like a movie,” King left the audience gasping when she stated, “I hope you guys are satisfied with this huge twist we give you.” Unfortunately she didn’t elaborate on what that would be.

My guess -- ending on a cliffhanger so that they can trot out a 2 hour TV movie at some point, which would make the 2 hour finale not actually a finale.  FFS !

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I thought it was interesting Ian Harding sounds like he  wasn't a fan of the ending either.

That's funny. I often wonder if I would like Ian a lot if I saw more interviews other him and such. Only because during the EzrA arc he seemed to be enjoying himself a whole lot more than he normally does on this show.

Also reading about all the romantic endgames. Ew. Shay saying a lot of fans are excited ablut Emison. I'm not one of them. But then again I still stand by what I've been saying for years that I never understood why they had to make Ali alive again. I don't think it made the story/show better. I don't. And okay you have the right to hate on me.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That's funny. I often wonder if I would like Ian a lot if I saw more interviews other him and such. Only because during the EzrA arc he seemed to be enjoying himself a whole lot more than he normally does on this show.

Also reading about all the romantic endgames. Ew. Shay saying a lot of fans are excited ablut Emison. I'm not one of them. But then again I still stand by what I've been saying for years that I never understood why they had to make Ali alive again. I don't think it made the story/show better. I don't. And okay you have the right to hate on me.

I'm dreading what looks like will be a big focus on Emison. I hated the way Alison treated in her in the flashbacks and still can't stand them as a couple. It's all so manipulative on Ali's part and a hero complex on Emily's. 

Everything I read from Paleyfest seemed to imply that 7b is going to be all about ships, ships, and more ships. It's too bad that everything I read about the last season leaves me feeling less and less excited, when it should really be the other way around.

• Love 4

I don't know why Marlene King thinks that she needs to reassure the audience that the endgames are still the endgames, as if that's our biggest concern. I know there's a good portion of the audience who genuinely care about the shipping, but I think most are concerned with how the show's going to wrap up all the mysteries. 

Also, it seems like we're supposed to care about Alison's Baby Daddy. I, for one, am more disturbed because either way you look at it, Alison was most likely raped and that should not be romanticized like King and Shay Mitchell are making it to be.

I do think, unfortunately, that my dislike for all of the pairings is the minority and that the majority of fans will probably be happy with how it all ends. And I say to them, congratulations on getting your shippy ending. I, for one, probably should have stopped watching once Alison was brought back to life. 

I do think Harding is less interested in the romantic aspects, judging by the EW article that has his dream scenario if they come back for a revival in PLL meets Saw. Tyler Blackburn seems to also have a more level head, while Marlene and Shay are apparently dreaming of "shooting in Paris". Um...yeah, no. I'd rather gory and more mature PLL than "Let's go party it up in Paris" PLL. 

• Love 1
On 3/26/2017 at 5:36 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know why Marlene King thinks that she needs to reassure the audience that the endgames are still the endgames, as if that's our biggest concern. I know there's a good portion of the audience who genuinely care about the shipping, but I think most are concerned with how the show's going to wrap up all the mysteries. 

Also, it seems like we're supposed to care about Alison's Baby Daddy. I, for one, am more disturbed because either way you look at it, Alison was most likely raped and that should not be romanticized like King and Shay Mitchell are making it to be.

I do think, unfortunately, that my dislike for all of the pairings is the minority and that the majority of fans will probably be happy with how it all ends. And I say to them, congratulations on getting your shippy ending. I, for one, probably should have stopped watching once Alison was brought back to life. 

I do think Harding is less interested in the romantic aspects, judging by the EW article that has his dream scenario if they come back for a revival in PLL meets Saw. Tyler Blackburn seems to also have a more level head, while Marlene and Shay are apparently dreaming of "shooting in Paris". Um...yeah, no. I'd rather gory and more mature PLL than "Let's go party it up in Paris" PLL. 

I never understood why Ali was brought back.

Also as a once upon a time Haleb shipper that ended fast, once they decided to venture onto Spaleb for.. undefined reasons. Like there was no real point and it just made the show bad. I swear Spaleb spent more time breaking up than ever actually being together as a couple. 

Also with these interviews, i doubt I'll be happy with the ending. I want things to make sense, not some bs retcon like with Charlottle/Charles and some flakey excuse for why she isn't evil for doing what she did. She is evil. She did torture teenagers for fun. No matter what the show tries to sell I ain't buying.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3
On 3/26/2017 at 5:36 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah I agree. The way they're playing up this pregnancy mystery like it's a fun little game of who's the daddy, when the most likely scenario is Alison was impregnated against her will and without her consent, which is technically rape, is very weird to me. But like no one related to the show--not Marlene, nor the other writers/producers, not even the actresses--seem to think there's anything wrong with it. Actually, I'd love to hear Troian's take on this whole plot-line. I know she's not directly involved in the story but she usually has no problem calling out the show for it's occasional grossness. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SadieT said:

Yeah I agree. The way they're playing up this pregnancy mystery like it's a fun little game of who's the daddy, when the most likely scenario is Alison was impregnated against her will and without her consent, which is technically rape, is very weird to me. But like no one related to the show--not Marlene, nor the other writers/producers, not even the actresses--seem to think there's anything wrong with it. Actually, I'd love to hear Troian's take on this whole plot-line. I know she's not directly involved in the story but she usually has no problem calling out the show for it's occasional grossness. 

Ahh Troian. I'm sure as much as she loved pretty little liars and everyone a part of her is happy to be moving on from it. I swear there are quite a few scenes where she breaks for half a second with a face of "I can't believe I have to do this". Mostly the Christmas episode in which she had of face of "I have to be scared by Christmas lights".

• Love 2

So maybe the show and writers are oblivious but looks like the actresses are at least a little bit more aware about the issues surrounding Alison's pregnancy. From an interview with Sasha at Paleyfest where they ask her about the pregnancy: 

She feels really upset. She feels really violated. The more you find out about the process, the more gross and weird you kind of feel about it. We felt that way reading it. We know the fans are going to see it that way. But the process ends up being worth it.

Gross and weird sounds about right for this show. 

• Love 4
On 3/27/2017 at 5:46 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Also as a once upon a time Haleb shipper that ended fast, once they decided to venture onto Spaleb for.. undefined reasons. Like there was no real point and it just made the show bad. I swear Spaleb spent more time breaking up than ever actually being together as a couple. 

This^^^. I mean what was the point of Spaleb? It broke up Haleb, and more importantly greatly, horribly and irrevocably effected Spanna; one of my favorite relationships. Did they really want Spaleb to be a thing but then got scared about what shippers wanted? or did they actually think ruining 3 characters was a good idea?

I know they have had pretty bad ideas but this was stupid. I will never understand who this was for. You want to break up Haleb to show the passing of time and changing relationships as you grow older, great. But throwing Spencer and Caleb together was just a bad idea from the start, made worse by the fact they never committed and a few episodes later everything is back to how it was anyways.

God, I hate this storyline.

• Love 1

I suspect that most viewers interested in the mysteries have realised by now (probably years ago) that this element of the show never made any sense to begin with and it has only become worse over time. So why should they care which random character with nonsensical motivation will be revealed as the villain this time around? Shippers are a far more reliable target audience, I suspect. Though, one wonders why even they would trust Marlene with her track record of lying a lot about stuff like that.

She feels really upset. She feels really violated. The more you find out about the process, the more gross and weird you kind of feel about it. We felt that way reading it. We know the fans are going to see it that way.

Come on now, if it turns out that Emily's eggs were used, many fans will see that as the most romantic thing ever.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I suspect that most viewers interested in the mysteries have realised by now (probably years ago) that this element of the show never made any sense to begin with and it has only become worse over time. So why should they care which random character with nonsensical motivation will be revealed as the villain this time around? Shippers are a far more reliable target audience, I suspect. Though, one wonders why even they would trust Marlene with her track record of lying a lot about stuff like that.

Come on now, if it turns out that Emily's eggs were used, many fans will see that as the most romantic thing ever.

Until Emily is revealed as Uber A. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:04 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Talking about the two-hour series finale that “was written like a movie,” King left the audience gasping when she stated, “I hope you guys are satisfied with this huge twist we give you.” Unfortunately she didn’t elaborate on what that would be.

My guess -- ending on a cliffhanger so that they can trot out a 2 hour TV movie at some point, which would make the 2 hour finale not actually a finale.  FFS !

Alternatively it's the Snowglobe ending of St Elsewhere.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:04 PM, SadieT said:

She feels really upset. She feels really violated. The more you find out about the process, the more gross and weird you kind of feel about it. We felt that way reading it. We know the fans are going to see it that way. But the process ends up being worth it.

"But the process ends up being worth it"?  How?  If it turns out to be Emily's egg + unknown sperm donor, I see any way that the story line can wrap up that won't offend a good chunk of the audience. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

Alternatively it's the Snowglobe ending of St Elsewhere.

"But the process ends up being worth it"?  How?  If it turns out to be Emily's egg + unknown sperm donor, I see any way that the story line can wrap up that won't offend a good chunk of the audience. 

Because it brings Emison even closer together! Emison 4eva!!!!!

Because you know MK's biggest concern with wrapping up the series is all the stupid shipping.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Because it brings Emison even closer together! Emison 4eva!!!!!

Because you know MK's biggest concern with wrapping up the series is all the stupid shipping.

Emison is so terrible. But then this show is pretty much dysnfunctional junction on relantionships.  I'm still not over the Spencer/Caleb/Hanna thing. Only because I don't understand why they did it? Look I'm not naive to be all "Haleb forever and ever!" But the way the show was framing it was that Hanna had moved on and Spencer and Caleb were going to be a real thing. But then.. They make Hanna into a horrible person by kissing Caleb and then we spent like five episodes with Spencer and Caleb breaking up.

As for Emison: yeah the writing is on the wall that Ali is pregnant with Emily's eggs which I'm sorry to tell you Marlene that ain't romantic considering neither Emily or Ali consented to the process of that happening. Emily was selling eggs for her money not to impregnate Alison. This show has done really gross things but this takes the cake if it ends up this way.

• Love 3

Cast on the Ellen Show. Lucy's hair is so short and Sasha's hair is so long! Of note: the matching tattoos were Ashley's idea, and Lucy admits that before they do appearances like this, they are specifically told what they can and can't talk about, hence the "you'll just have to watch" responses.

The cast answers questions while playing a life-size version of jenga. This was pretty cute and had a lot of funny little moments. Troian clearly takes her games very seriously. 

AOL Build Series interviews with Troian and Lucy: 

Edited by SadieT

That picture has confirmed my suspicions - I hate Ali's bangs. It's not bangs per se that I hate. I just don't like the way these were cut on her. She is so pretty so hopefully now that the show has wrapped, she's grown them out or had them restyled. I'm pretty sure she had bangs in an earlier season and they looked fine on her.

I'm so pissed that it looks like

Spoiler

that's going to be the last scene of the show.

They really could have gone out with a bang, made the ending something really memorable, but instead we're getting some happy ending love-fest? It's just so disappointing.