Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Well it looks like they're going to let Aria live after finding out she joined the A-team.  Too bad. 

Right? Remember in season one when Aria lost her mind because Hanna have Ella a ticket from A to the art show so she could see Ezaria. Ugh. And arias probably just going to get a lot of angry stares. :(

13 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Well it looks like they're going to let Aria live after finding out she joined the A-team.  Too bad. 

i'm just wondering how many episodes they will go before the liars find out she is on A team

Ugh, the problem with having everyone miked is that you get lame people like Marlene King making lame comments while the other people are talking. It would be one thing if she were saying anything interesting, but she is just making annoying mom comments and overtalking. I wish the sound person had turned down the levels on her mic so I could hear what the girls were saying instead of her comments! At the end, Troian talks about Ashley playing what ended up becoming the show's theme song for the first time. For some reason, I thought there was some story about Lucy being the one who brought the song to Marlene but according to the girls it was actually Ashley!

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ugh, the problem with having everyone miked is that you get lame people like Marlene King making lame comments while the other people are talking. It would be one thing if she were saying anything interesting, but she is just making annoying mom comments and overtalking. I wish the sound person had turned down the levels on her mic so I could hear what the girls were saying instead of her comments! At the end, Troian talks about Ashley playing what ended up becoming the show's theme song for the first time. For some reason, I thought there was some story about Lucy being the one who brought the song to Marlene but according to the girls it was actually Ashley!

To be fair, it is probably the last of her time in the limelight, so let her talk. I really can't see anyone employing her as showrunner following this mess. 

2 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Doesn't she already have one new show and another one in the works?

Seriously? I suppose she must deliver it on time and budget. It is really more the writers... 

Anyone actually watch Famous in Love? It looks awful but I admit I might just be biased because I can't stand Bella Thorne, plus I have no interest in the show's plot. And I'd never subject myself to another show run by Marlene King but I do wonder if FIL is doing well for the network and if it's going to get another season. They pushed back this final season of PLL so it could serve as it's lead in so I imagine they had high hopes for it. 

• Love 1

I watch it, but Famous in Love is a bit different to gauge if it'll get a 2nd season because regular ratings wise doesn't factor much because they released the entire season online. Based on the digital ratings, I think it'll get a 2nd season.

‘Famous in Love’ score huge digital ratings

The new Bella Thorne drama “Famous In Love” soared across key platforms this month, generating a network-record 4.8 million starts in its first five days and reaching an additional 5.5 million Total Viewers on linear TV. That’s a combined 10.3 million Total Views to date.

This impressively makes “Famous In Love” the strongest digital start ever for a series in the network’s history, and when combined with “Pretty Little Liars,” the week of 4/7/17 now ranks as Freeform’s best week on Owned digital platforms in almost 4 years– since week of August 26th.

5 minutes ago, AftermathTV said:

Spooky promo with spooky spoilers? Is Mona posing as Spencer?

I think they might have given away where the map the puzzle pieces supposedly form leads to.

Spoiler

They're digging up a grave that says Charles and in the end scene of the last episode, A.D. started drawing a picture of a grave on the last blank page of Lucas's graphic novel. I'm not sure if it's the grave we saw for Charles at Aunt Carol's or a new one A.D. dug themselves but I'm inclined to believe it's the former because no one should be referring to Charlotte as Charles in present day. 

The PLL cast talks about their favorite episodes and which liar they thought has had it the worst throughout the series. On a related note, I LOATHE the stupid 10 second intro that Entertainment Weekly puts on their videos. It's so fucking annoying.

PLL cast remembers all the insane things that A has done to them

Five questions with Ashley Benson (I had a pair of faux leather pants in my college days that I used to wear to go out dancing and my fear was that they would split down the back!):

(edited)

According to Entertainment Weekly, Marlene said that there is "definitely a possibility" that there will be a PLL spinoff.

"It's not a for sure thing, but there's some ideas swirling around out there," she exclusively confessed to our cameras over the weekend at the ATX Television Festival in Austin, Texas. "Everybody knows I love this world. I love to play in this world and I love these characters, so it would be fun to keep a few of them moving forward in their lives."

When asked if there are any particular Rosewood residents that King would like this second spinoff to focus on, the showrunner was coy in her response. "Yeah, but I'm not going to say just yet who those characters might be."

She also said that we will find out who the father of Alison/Emily's baby is "before the end of the finale." Wow, that's really specific. I guess I should just be glad they're going to address it on the show instead of having Marlene tweet about it the day after the show ends.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Artsda said:

No way to an Emison spin-off, I can't stand them on the original series much less their own. 

I'd perfer a Mona spin off where she tortures random people in increasing deadly ways for no apparent reason.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

No way to an Emison spin-off, I can't stand them on the original series much less their own. 

I wish I could like this ? times.  I will never understand this romance and when people say things like you can't hold things Ali did when she was 15 over her head anymore, I don't find that true. She knew exactly what she was doing to Emily when they were teenagers.  And I still find her manipulative now as well. 

• Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I wish I could like this ? times.  I will never understand this romance and when people say things like you can't hold things Ali did when she was 15 over her head anymore, I don't find that true. She knew exactly what she was doing to Emily when they were teenagers.  And I still find her manipulative now as well. 

lol if that was true we would not be holding stuff Ezra did in season 4 those same people who say that hate on Ezra i hate double standard crap drives me nuts

Edited by Froippi

Ezra and Aria are such awful people they deserve each other so yeah...,,uh soul mates?

Emily has always had a savior complex and falls for wayward girls so I can buy Alison being the ultimate score for her.

Hanna and Caleb are what passes for functional on the show so it's just better to go with it and not dig too deeply.  Plus I kinda think they are cute together so whatevs.  

Spencer just be crazy and I kinda think she's hot crazy so that is on me.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

For every Frazier you get 100 Joeys, and this is one of those times.  I suppose one of the producers said "this will make our idea of Ravenswood look brilliant in hindsight!"  Is it going to be a different genre?  Wait, I don't care. 

I give it 6 episodes.

The problem with an alleged spin-off is that the good actors with the most prospects (Troian, Lucy, Ashley...) wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole. So the only options are pretty much Shay and Sasha -- actors that are not capable of carrying a show by themselves. Sasha is decent enough but her chemistry with scene partners is hit-and-miss and if it's the same characters of Alison and Emily, then we're talking a 'miss,' big time. Hard pass.

(edited)

There are so many potential spin-offs that they could utilize so many characters for...if out of everything they decide to go with some ridiculous Emison thing, I think they're really going to regret it. Who would tune in to watch that aside from the little band of followers they already have? Some love story drama between Emily and Ali at Rosewood High School isn't going to be attracting any new viewers.

Edited by marinaalexis
4 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Maybe we can have a Jason spinoff where he travels the world finding his several thousand secret brothers, sisters, and cousins.

If he invites Mona along to help solve these mysteries, then that's what I call a successful spinoff! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, kariyaki said:

The problem with an alleged spin-off is that the good actors with the most prospects (Troian, Lucy, Ashley...) wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.

True, Lucy already has a new show that will come out this fall. That takes her out. Troian won't do it and Ashley probably wouldn't either. Ian and Tyler won't be spun off without Lucy and Ashley. 

LOL at the lead actress category. I'm going to guess PLL wins that one.

Teen Choice Awards: Pretty Little Liars, The Flash Lead 2017 Nominations

Choice Drama TV Show (#ChoiceDramaTVShow)

“Empire”
“Famous In Love”
“Pretty Little Liars”
“Riverdale”
“Star”
“This Is Us” 

Choice Drama TV Actor (#ChoiceDramaTVActor)

Cole Sprouse – “Riverdale”
Ian Harding – “Pretty Little Liars”
Jesse Williams – “Grey’s Anatomy”
Jussie Smollett – “Empire”
Milo Ventimiglia – “This Is Us”
Sterling K. Brown – “This Is Us” 

Choice Drama TV Actress (#ChoiceDramaTVActress)

Ashley Benson – “Pretty Little Liars”
Bella Thorne – “Famous In Love”
Lucy Hale – “Pretty Little Liars”
Sasha Pieterse – “Pretty Little Liars”
Shay Mitchell – “Pretty Little Liars”
Troian Bellisario – “Pretty Little Liars”

I'm so interested in Troians real thoughts on a lot of this show. I still remember her awesome takedown of some reporter about Spencer taking her sisters boyfriends and Troian coming back with awesome retorts. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

Choice Drama TV Actress (#ChoiceDramaTVActress)

Ashley Benson – “Pretty Little Liars”
Bella Thorne – “Famous In Love”
Lucy Hale – “Pretty Little Liars”
Sasha Pieterse – “Pretty Little Liars”
Shay Mitchell – “Pretty Little Liars”
Troian Bellisario – “Pretty Little Liars”

Hahaha, I had to laugh at the entire PLL cast being nominated in this category plus Famous in Love. Should they just rename this category "favorite actress from a Marlene King show"?

ETA: I feel like I should be insulted on behalf of Janel Parrish for not being nominated because let's be real - she's a consistently better actress than, say, Shay or Sasha.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Maybe we can have a Jason spinoff where he travels the world finding his several thousand secret brothers, sisters, and cousins.

...and dates them. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Hahaha, I had to laugh at the entire PLL cast being nominated in this category plus Famous in Love. Should they just rename this category "favorite actress from a Marlene King show"?

ETA: I feel like I should be insulted on behalf of Janel Parrish for not being nominated because let's be real - she's a consistently better actress than, say, Shay or Sasha.

Or they could have Janel take Bella Thorne's nomination and made it all PLL because it's not like Bella Thorne is such a great actress that she deserves a nomination.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm going to laugh really hard if Bella Thorne ends up winning. I don't really like Thorne myself, but I'm rooting for her just for the laughs.

NO TCA WIN FOR YOU, MARLENE KING! 

Except not really because the other show is still hers as well.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm going to laugh really hard if Bella Thorne ends up winning. I don't really like Thorne myself, but I'm rooting for her just for the laughs.

Same here, I think it would be hilarious. I actually like Bella Thorne, she was pretty funny in that Adam Sandler movie she was in -- which is pretty hard to do, as they're usually not funny. 

I wonder what TCA will do next year without PLL as awards category fodder. 

I can see IMK doing an Emison spinoff and thinking she's soooo edgy for focusing a show on a gay relationship. It would be all about what a happy family they are raising their baby. Obsticles include Ali's post partum depression from having to carry some freaks baby in her all this time. Baby Daddy coming back as the new A terrorizing them in an attempt to get them both locked up so he can take custody of his child.

My dream spin off would be Spencer and Mona's adventures in Radley. Two women who were broken by the Game are now the Queen Bee's of the asylum.

I am totally down for Jason's world search for siblings with his techy sidekick Mona.

But yeah, if anything we'd probably get Adventures in Babysitting with Emison.

At least IMK has the decency to realize that she's just playing at showrunning, because if she was serious about it this show probably wouldn't have sunk as low as it did.

(edited)

I would watch a Mona spinoff.  I would watch a Jenna spinoff.  I would watch a Melissa spinoff.  I would watch an Ashley or a Wine Moms spinoff. I would watch a NAT Club: The New Generation (as tutored by Jason, Melissa, and/or Jenna) spinoff (or for that matter a "prequel" NAT Club- The Beginning sequel).  Believe it or not, i'd be all over a Cindy and Mindy spinoff!  I would even watch an *un-neutered* Ali NOT TIED TO EMISON spinoff.  An Emison spinoff or any of the "couples" spinoff?  No thanks - that would be more torture than anything A ever put any of the Liars through. 

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 3