Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

6 hours ago, Artsda said:

Bravo's not really the PLL demographic is it? Odd channel for it to be moved too.

Isn't this just the Canadian Bravo?  Looking at their show lineup (from the bravo.ca website) it doesn't seem to be that far off. It's not much like the US Bravo.

• Love 1

Yes, it should be the Canadian Bravo. I never watch anything on that channel and it does seem like an odd choice to me as well. I believe this is the third time PLL has switched stations in Canada.

59 minutes ago, Kate213 said:

Pretty Little Liars': Lindsey Shaw to Return for Season 7

Pretty Little Liars is bringing back a big relationship in season seven. 

Lindsey Shaw will return as Paige McCullers for the first time since the series' fifth season. Shaw will appear in a couple of episodes in the first half of the season, beginning with episode eight.

So, Paige is probably the new 'A' ?  Sure, why not ?  That makes about as much sense as anything else on this show.

4 hours ago, Kate213 said:

Lindsey Shaw will return as Paige McCullers for the first time since the series' fifth season. Shaw will appear in a couple of episodes in the first half of the season, beginning with episode eight.

The way last season ended, I thought they were setting up Emily/Alison.  I guess either they were just screwing with the fans again or we are going to get another love triangle.  Either way I am looking forward to this upcoming season less and less.

I for one, don't want Emison and I feel like I'm the only person in the PLL world to say that. But I also don't like her with Paige either. I liked her moment with the girl from Ezra's coffee shop last season, even though they only had like 4 scenes together, I thought the show was setting that up. They made a big deal of Emily using her to get Ezra's key for Aria but they never circled back to it. 

It looks like they're really trying to get everyone to come back at least once this season. That tells me it'll at least be the last season for these characters. I hope they don't try to start up with a new group of Liars.

10 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I for one, don't want Emison and I feel like I'm the only person in the PLL world to say that. But I also don't like her with Paige either. I liked her moment with the girl from Ezra's coffee shop last season, even though they only had like 4 scenes together, I thought the show was setting that up. They made a big deal of Emily using her to get Ezra's key for Aria but they never circled back to it. 

But this is PLL so we'll just add it to the incredibly long list of dropped plot threads that this show is famous for.

10 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

It looks like they're really trying to get everyone to come back at least once this season. That tells me it'll at least be the last season for these characters. I hope they don't try to start up with a new group of Liars.

I hope that they kill off this show and not rotate in a new crop off PLLs.

I'd like it to end with a murder mystery hosted on a blimp where they finally find out who the real 'A' has been all this time, followed by Caleb finally saying "Seriously? Fuck that ! I'd rather be a ghost in Ravenswood", grabbing the blimp controls and plunging them all to their deaths.

• Love 3

What a weird way of describing Paige's return. They aren't "bringing back a relationship" because (most likely) Paige and Emily aren't going to reuinite romantically in just two episodes. I am always happy to see Paige, of course, but I have the nagging suspicion she will give her blessing to Emily/Alison because that's the low quality writing I expect from PLL now.

• Love 1

Does this mean we can expect S7 to be tighter and more logical than past seasons as they try to tie up all the loose ends? Or does this mean Marlene will go crazy and give us twice as many red herrings just to screw with us?

I think the key words from her tweet are "of sorts." She didn't come right out and say the show is completely ending, just that there will be closure "of sorts." I'm guessing that means they are going to try to bring in a new group of PLLs so that the show can air until I'm 100?

13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Does this mean we can expect S7 to be tighter and more logical than past seasons as they try to tie up all the loose ends? Or does this mean Marlene will go crazy and give us twice as many red herrings just to screw with us?

I think the key words from her tweet are "of sorts." She didn't come right out and say the show is completely ending, just that there will be closure "of sorts." I'm guessing that means they are going to try to bring in a new group of PLLs so that the show can air until I'm 100?

Honestly part of me thinks that's why Ali became a teacher.  This way the new Lairs can be in her class and she can act as the one thread that runs through all of the seasons.  Which I honestly think kills any interest I might have had in a new group of Liars.  Don't get me wrong one way or the other I think the show will suck (even more) without its current cast, but Ali has to be the most boring and frustrating character ever since she came out of hiding.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, superman1204 said:

Honestly part of me thinks that's why Ali became a teacher.  This way the new Lairs can be in her class and she can act as the one thread that runs through all of the seasons.  Which I honestly think kills any interest I might have had in a new group of Liars.  Don't get me wrong one way or the other I think the show will suck (even more) without its current cast, but Ali has to be the most boring and frustrating character ever since she came out of hiding.

Yeah, when we first found out that Alison was going to become a teacher post time-jump, one of my first thoughts was that they were setting up PLL: The New Class, with Ali at the head of the class. I like Ali but I don't see myself being interested in a new group of girls. I think if they were to go in that direction they would need to find a new younger audience to sustain the show because I don't think Alison's involvement would be enough to hold over the current audience. But if there is some sort of sequel series or continuation or whatever, Sasha is really the only cast member I could see sticking around regularly. I don't think she's as tired of it as the others because prior to season 5, she only appeared in a handful of episodes per season, plus she's younger and might not be as eager explore other opportunities at the moment because she has time.  

(edited)

You know, they keep saying that all the story lines will be wrapped and all will be revealed, but wasn't last season the 'Season of Answers' and that turned to be complete and utter bullshit.

I guarantee you we will never find out what happened to Pepe the corpse-sniffing dog.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

So basically what we're saying here is (a) this crap will never end until someone puts it out of its misery, and (b) s7 will be wasted as one huge backdoor pilot for the new cast. Yay, answers.

(edited)

Cast interviews with Hollywood Wire:

Lucy talks about S7, shooting last seasons sex scene with Ezra, and generally makes it sound like this is her last season on the show without actually coming out and saying so. Lucy mentions that they were shooting S7.E4 during this interview.

Shay Mitchell says Emily is putting aside her romantic life to step up as a leader (ooookay) but then says that she thinks Emily will end up with someone this season. She also says she loves doing her own stunts (does glass in the hair count as a stunt?).

Troian says we will get to find out who Uber A is and that they are winding things down and that thing are coming to an end "as we know it" (again not coming right out and saying she's leaving at the end of S7 but...)

Keegan Allen talks about kissing James Franco:

E! asks the cast what a spinoff for their character would be about. Troian has the best answer, but Tyler's is pretty good too:

Sasha, Shay, Lucy, and Troian on The Talk - Sasha says when the show ends, she wants to take all 13 of the yellow tank tops and burn them. Apparently whoever is Uber A has known they are Uber A all along?

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

TRUTH. Wait, truth doesn't have an a in it. MARLENEISALIAR. There, fixed. 

I think a lot of my hate for this show comes from the clear disdain and obvious air of superiority towards its fans shown not only in the bullshit they direct everyone to say in interviews but how it's echoed on the show. It's like, these people think I'm dumb as hell, yet I'm watching anyways, which just makes me feel vaguely dirty and really bitter. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Marlene King Teases The End Of 'Pretty Little Liars' As We Know It (try not to laugh too hard at some of the ridiculous things that she says)

Andrea Parker (Mary Drake) Reveals Her ‘Uber A’ Theory - I liked her description of each of the girls

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Andrea's interview was great. Her describing each of the girls actually fits exactly how I thought they would each be. I love Ashley being as fun as a bunch of puppies. lol Marlene's interview was...amusing. I'm still not convinced she is making the same show we are watching but whatevs. Season of romance? ugh!

7 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Andrea's interview was great. Her describing each of the girls actually fits exactly how I thought they would each be. I love Ashley being as fun as a bunch of puppies. lol Marlene's interview was...amusing. I'm still not convinced she is making the same show we are watching but whatevs. Season of romance? ugh!

Season of romance AND lots of twists and turns and answers! We are soooooo lucky!

At this point, I feel like Marlene should just stop talking about the show at all because she is either delusional or straight up lying (or both). When she was describing the show, I felt like I was watching the equivalent of a girl with body dysmorphic disorder looking in the mirror and seeing something completely different from what everyone else sees (aka reality).

On a shallow note, I was annoyed with the way she pronounced Ezria. I mean it's bad enough that she ships Ezria but what's with the weird pronunciation?

Is it just me or is the social media presence this season dwindling? I'm not watching but I'm still following the actors playing the liars and the moms. Marlene is so delusional and I worry that there are too many queer women showrunners who are doing the wrong things with their shows and that's contributing to our lack of good representation on TV. (see Jan Nash, Sarah Gertrude Shapiro and Ilene Chaiken for example)

I think it's just dwindling because the popularity of the show is dwindling. Its ratings are falling and the four main women have all been pretty vocal about this being their last season. I just get a general feeling of senioritis from the Liars and Marlene strikes me as that high school student who is just desperately trying to cling to the glory days as long as possible.

• Love 1

After the Charlotte fuckery, everyone realized all the speculation we'd done up until now had been utterly pointless as the answers had nothing to do with the questions in the first place, and a general feeling of "so then why did I bother to watch this whole time?" set in and people stopped giving any fucks about discussing the show any more.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, childeroland said:

Troian Bellisario is ‘Appalled’ by Taylor Swift's false feminism

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/102748394.html

Read more. She's also appalled by the Kardashian family's false celebrity.

I'm betting she's getting slammed by both fanbases on twitter this very moment. Because she's right about both of them but fans of neither will allow their heroes to take any criticism. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The Final Five have been invited to appear on PLL:

As Emily's new love interest ? As meat for the grinder that is A.D./EmojiA/UberA to kill ?  Maybe all 5 will end up in yet another bunker to be tortured ?

• Love 1

When Gabby appeared on The Vampire Diaries in 2012, she was basically a glorified extra so it will be interesting to see how many of the girls end up appearing on PLL and what they have them do. A coven of witches who Klaus kills just for funsies? I mean, he'll come back to Mystic Falls just to do that.

2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

You can watch their announcement on Facebook: 

Could Shay have been more obnoxious with all her primping during the video?

I have I admit...I teared up a bit. Looking forward to the beginning of the end in April.

None of them looked like they really wanted to be there. lol I got an overwhelming sense of "yay! It's finally over...oh, the boss is right here, um, we're very sad that it's ending....but thank god it is!" Not that I blame them. I'm thrilled that it's finally going to be over.

Personally I think we should just be grateful the show ended before one of the girls refused to come back for another season and we had some awkward explanation about them going away to college and never being heard from again.  

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, superman1204 said:

Personally I think we should just be grateful the show ended before one of the girls refused to come back for another season and we had some awkward explanation about them going away to college and never being heard from again.  

Now you know it would never be that simple, A would have to kill her & set the other liars up so that they would be accused, & that would be the new plot. Nobody on this show just "goes away".

• Love 2

Damn it, 7B isn't going to start until April 2017?! They're obviously filming now since they said Troian just finished directing an episode, so why do we have to wait over seven months to see the last ten episodes? Oh yeah, everyone is trying to milk this cash cow dry. I hope Marlene doesn't think that anyone cares (in a good way) that she's directing the two hour finale.

10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

None of them looked like they really wanted to be there. lol I got an overwhelming sense of "yay! It's finally over...oh, the boss is right here, um, we're very sad that it's ending....but thank god it is!" Not that I blame them. I'm thrilled that it's finally going to be over.

I got the same feeling too. They definitely seemed less than enthused to have to sit there pretending that they still give a shit about this ridiculous show, but I bet they are relieved that the end is in sight. I had to laugh when Marlene promised that ALL of our questions will be answered. Riiiiighhhht.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

Now you know it would never be that simple, A would have to kill her & set the other liars up so that they would be accused, & that would be the new plot. Nobody on this show just "goes away".

Of course not! People are just conveniently Out of Town or temporarily dead but not really dead or mistaken for someone else wearing the same tank top.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I had to laugh when Marlene promised that ALL of our questions will be answered. Riiiiighhhht.

I am pretty sure the most pressing question will never be answered. "At what point did every single person involved in making this show just give the fuck up?" Because not the actors, or the writers, or even the stylist is bringing anything anymore. Marlene is truly beating a dead horse at this point and it needs to just be put down.

• Love 4

I had to laugh when Marlene promised that ALL of our questions will be answered. Riiiiighhhht.

She failed to add "will be answered... on social media".  Plus. she didn't say "will be answered in a way that makes sense", did she? So I expect a lot of "Ian killed himself because... he just did, okay?" type of "answers".

And April 2017? Why? To what end?

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 3