Type keyword(s) to search

Pretty Little Liars in the Media

As others have said, Aria already has her next show lined up; Ashley (to a degree) but particularly Spencer simply have too much talent for this crap.

An Emison spin-off would be awful. It is hard enough watching Emily (the actress) struggle at her craft when surrounded by a full cast, but carrying her own show, ugh.

Mona might work, but I still don't see where they could take the show.

The truth is that they exhausted all their ideas several seasons ago in PLL, so how the hell are they going to create a spin-off starting with an ideas deficit?

(edited)

Shay is drinking the Marlene kool-aid! In this interview, she says the finale will answer every question you've ever had about PLL in seven seasons (love that the interviewer's reaction to this was a skeptical "Really?"). We have a pretty long list, Shay.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Cast talks about the big AD reveal without revealing who it is (they claim there are clues, it's shocking/out of left field, etc):

Cast gives out the equivalent of the PLL awards (best villain, best parent, etc).:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

An article from Marlene King about the finale that makes me roll my eyes hard. Some gems:

• Alison/Emily do find out about Wren being the baby daddy from Spencer. Somehow.
    • Spencer "totally finds out off screen". Marlene is, "going to say yes".
  • MK made Aria pregnant "for conflict". So yeah, like I said, purely plot contrivance. 
  • Wren definitely died. 
  • Mona took the Wren Diamond Necklace at the end. That Marlene King spontaneously decided in the interview.
  • We'll hear "more of Mona's dollhouse with the Drakes in the near future." WHEN? And why should we care? The show's over!
  • We ALMOST got an Alex death by Spencer. But apparently, they wanted Mona to win the game and the Liars to live happily ever after. I think Mona killing Alex and trapping Mary would have done just fine.
  • If they had three hours instead of two, they would have had included more time before the time jump. Yeah, because not enough time was the issue here.
  • Spin off is in talks. But I doubt it after the reviews I've read from the finale. Not many I've read yet, but it seems to be consistent toward no PLL: The Next Generation
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, marinaalexis said:

Now this is a spin-off I can get behind.

If they get rid of Mary, who bores me, and add Mike, Jason, Jenna, and The Horse (what was the horse's name?!?!), then I could get behind that spin off as well. 

(edited)

omg can we talk about how a Horse, Jenna the blind Woman, and Ezra finds out that is not Spencer but no one else can pick up on this

Edited by Froippi
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

If they get rid of Mary, who bores me, and add Mike, Jason, Jenna, and The Horse (what was the horse's name?!?!), then I could get behind that spin off as well. 

The horse's name was .... Bashful.   Did Spencer have 6 other rescue horses named after dwarfs ?

2 hours ago, Froippi said:

omg can we talk about how a Horse, Jenna the blind Woman, and Ezra finds out that is not Spencer but no one else can pick up on this

Wouldn't Toby have noticed that Twincer's sex noises were ..... you know .... different ?

Did Bashful the horse also pick up on Twincer's smell being off -- or did the horse just pick up on her evil vibes ?

On 6/28/2017 at 6:27 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

The horse's name was .... Bashful.   Did Spencer have 6 other rescue horses named after dwarfs ?

Wouldn't Toby have noticed that Twincer's sex noises were ..... you know .... different ?

Did Bashful the horse also pick up on Twincer's smell being off -- or did the horse just pick up on her evil vibes ?

I chalked it up to being years since they'd slept together. They broke up during the 5 year time jump and he was with Yvonne after the jump.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Perfect Xero said:

So we've got Bashful the Horse, Pepe the corpse sniffing dog, Tippi the bird, and ... Pigtunia, sounds like all the pieces are in place for a spinoff, PLL: Pets.

I would 100% watch a crime procedural series staring Bashful, the horse detective, and Pepe, the corpse sniffing dog, where they trot around Rosewood solving all of the town's open murder cases. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 4

I really want a PLL:The Next Generation movie, starring Shay, Sasha, and Tammin as teachers at Rosewood High.  I want it because when Emily gets on her sanctimonious high horse and Ali acts appalled that teenaged girls can be so cruel, I want Addison and her minions to point out to them that they are completely delusional and full of crap.  Then I want the girls to torment Ali and Emily while blind-but-all-seeing Jenna takes it all in, until she calls in Paige, Mona, and/or Lucas to build an inpenatrable wall around the town...although not until Ezra and Aria get back from their movie press tour, of course...and blow it off the map, escaping with the twins and living happily ever after.

8 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

I really want a PLL:The Next Generation movie, starring Shay, Sasha, and Tammin as teachers at Rosewood High.  I want it because when Emily gets on her sanctimonious high horse and Ali acts appalled that teenaged girls can be so cruel, I want Addison and her minions to point out to them that they are completely delusional and full of crap.  Then I want the girls to torment Ali and Emily while blind-but-all-seeing Jenna takes it all in, until she calls in Paige, Mona, and/or Lucas to build an inpenatrable wall around the town...although not until Ezra and Aria get back from their movie press tour, of course...and blow it off the map, escaping with the twins and living happily ever after.

I want that Next Gen show so Maya's cousin and crew can chase and get chased by Addison's killer for the next 7 seasons to finally discover that what Maya knew is that the kid Ezria ends up adopting is Alex Drake/Toby's love child and ultimately responsible for the torture because the game is so addictive and transcends time, space and generations.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, SadieT said:

Vulture ranked every episode of PLL. Don't necessarily agree with their rankings but it was kind of fun to be reminded of the more ridiculous things that have happened on this show, like Caleb and the fireflies. Also reminded me of some small moments I loved, like the time Emily asked Ezra to give her essay to a real teacher. 

All 160 Pretty Little LiarsEpisodes, Ranked From Worst to Best

I could have done this list for them much more quickly and easily; from worst to best I would start with the finale, then work my way back to the pilot. There will be some out of order, but as a general rule of thumb it works.

Obviously this is a subjective list, but the episode descriptions fall so far below any attempt at objectivity that I don't much see the point of it. There are measures that can be used, such as plot advancement, character development, coherence etc (rather than which character you don't like and what annoying things a character said; if we judged all drama in such a superficial manner, many great characters would not exist). For example, it would be reasonable to put every filler episode at the bad end of the list, just as it would be reasonable to put every dropped plotline or plothole at the bad end of the list; and it would be reasonable to put every episode where the Liars act proactively and actually manage to remain in character for 40 minutes at the good end of the scale (although both of these occurrences are rare in the latter seasons- I mean seriously, they are utterly interchangeable by the end of the run, anyone could read anyone else's lines and it would not matter).

Edited by Chinspinner
  • Love 4

Just in case anyone else still has some bitterness in their heart leftover from the finale, if you go to imocommunity.com (an official Freeform site) and make an account, you can take a survey all about PLL, the ending, and the potential spinoff that they're clearly desperate to make. I just took it myself and it was extremely satisfying, especially the questions about the show that you could write in your own answers to.

Maybe if enough of us give our thoughts, we can avoid a PLL 2nd generation/Emison spinoff. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

Just in case anyone else still has some bitterness in their heart leftover from the finale, if you go to imocommunity.com (an official Freeform site) and make an account, you can take a survey all about PLL, the ending, and the potential spinoff that they're clearly desperate to make. I just took it myself and it was extremely satisfying, especially the questions about the show that you could write in your own answers to.

Maybe if enough of us give our thoughts, we can avoid a PLL 2nd generation/Emison spinoff. 

Interesting, I might check that out. Honestly, I don't mind a PLL part 2 (I doubt I will watch it, but I do not mind it as a concept) as long as they change the show runner. Keep Marlene to deal with the day to day tasks involved in getting the show made, but bring someone in who understands plot structure, characterisation and character arcs, set up and pay-off, pacing etc, etc to oversee the show.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Chinspinner said:

Interesting, I might check that out. Honestly, I don't mind a PLL part 2 (I doubt I will watch it, but I do not mind it as a concept) as long as they change the show runner. Keep Marlene to deal with the day to day tasks involved in getting the show made, but bring someone in who understands plot structure, characterisation and character arcs, set up and pay-off, pacing etc, etc to oversee the show.

Unfortunately now that I've gone back to my profile on the site, I see that not only has the survey been closed, but it appears to have been deleted altogether. It's not even listed under my survey history anymore. Wow, that was up for about a whole entire day. I wonder how terrible the results had to get before they couldn't take the "hate" anymore and shut it down?

I signed up for that just to take the aforementioned survey and it was gone before i had a chance to take it so i was really bummed about that - but at least today i took a survey where i got to comment about how Disney's recent decision to fire Steve Whitmire from The Muppets might just cause me to boycott everything Disney-owned-and-related including watching anything on Freeform so am reaaaally happy i signed up earlier to take surveys to tell them this.

From the beginning of new blog post from theplltheorist 

I have put off writing this post for as long as humanly possible but now I fear I can’t run from it anymore. It has officially been a month to the day since Pretty Little Liars has ended, I know it’s a cliché but it does feel like it was just on yesterday. How do you begin to explain your feelings for something that changed your life? I had talked about PLL ending at breakfast with Norman Buckley and he asked me a question I had not yet answered: “How did you feel about the big reveal?” I paused for a moment, made a face and went back and forth for a moment in my head. “Yes and no.” I replied, “I had thought it was melissa but I loved Troian’s performance.” He smiled, “You know, sometimes as a showrunner Marlene has to make a choice between shock and not making sense and what makes sense but doesn’t shock. Especially when actresses can’t make it in their schedule.” And that was all I needed, that was the closure I needed.

Full post: http://theplltheorist.tumblr.com/post/163748311619/pll-parting-is-such-sweet-sorrow

12 hours ago, dwmckim said:

From the beginning of new blog post from theplltheorist 

Full post: http://theplltheorist.tumblr.com/post/163748311619/pll-parting-is-such-sweet-sorrow

That's a nice post and I like the sentiment, but it's tainted for me by the fact that I had to unfollow that person months ago. Once she got the Charlotte storyline right her attitude just got a little too pretentious and superior for my liking (much along the same lines as many of the other "big" PLL blogs). Hopefully it's just a case of me misinterpreting tone, but I haven't been able to really see her in the same light since then.

I'm assuming this should go here: In case anyone listens to the bros watch PLL. They have Norman Buckley a guy who directed many many episodes and he makes so much sense. Being the relationships on PLL and the trope about tv shows having all teens end up with the their first relantionships and while I agree on all points, I understand why on teen td shows they all end up together because it's a teen show, they kind of have to.. even if it's a trope. But he makes so much sense.

On 8/9/2017 at 11:59 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

I'm assuming this should go here: In case anyone listens to the bros watch PLL. They have Norman Buckley a guy who directed many many episodes and he makes so much sense. Being the relationships on PLL and the trope about tv shows having all teens end up with the their first relantionships and while I agree on all points, I understand why on teen td shows they all end up together because it's a teen show, they kind of have to.. even if it's a trope. But he makes so much sense.

That is funny cause if you watch smallville that didn't happen which was a teen show but it was based off of comics so they couldn't change his love interest from the comics to much

Edited by Froippi
  • Love 1

So reading over someone's shoulder and because I didn't feel like looking it up, I caught some names of the celebs supposedly on this season's Dancing with the Stars. I swear I saw Sasha's name. Does this mean I'll have to watch DWTS like we did when Janel was on?! Damn you, DWTS! 

2 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

So reading over someone's shoulder and because I didn't feel like looking it up, I caught some names of the celebs supposedly on this season's Dancing with the Stars. I swear I saw Sasha's name. Does this mean I'll have to watch DWTS like we did when Janel was on?! Damn you, DWTS! 

Yup Sasha is on dwts, check her insta and twitter.

I was dreading any potential spin off news but I am PUMPED you guys. As long as they revert Alison back to her old, glorious self, this should be fantastic. And also a complete train wreck because now Marlene's going to have to change just about everything in the books so this makes sense, but I can't wait. 

How are they going to explain all of this, though? Is this supposed to take place in a completely different universe than Rosewood? Where's Emily and the twins? Where are Mary and Alex?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marinaalexis said:

I was dreading any potential spin off news but I am PUMPED you guys. As long as they revert Alison back to her old, glorious self, this should be fantastic. And also a complete train wreck because now Marlene's going to have to change just about everything in the books so this makes sense, but I can't wait. 

How are they going to explain all of this, though? Is this supposed to take place in a completely different universe than Rosewood? Where's Emily and the twins? Where are Mary and Alex?

Yeah it's going to be a clusterfuck to explain it, but then that's PLL for you. they definitely need to revert Alison back to her earlier season self though and I love Janel Parrish so I'm happy for her. A lot of attempts to do Sara Shepherd/PLL spin offs didn't exactly work before though. Ravenswood crashed and burned and The Lying Game for only two seasons. IMK is keeping busy with various projects on the go though.

2 hours ago, marinaalexis said:

"Hello, Mona."

Hello, Ally, how is your honeymoon?"

"Well, It turns out that Emily was a fembot."

"Yes, we knew all along, sadly."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perfect Xero said:

"Hello, Mona."

Hello, Ally, how is your honeymoon?"

"Well, It turns out that Emily was a fembot."

"Yes, we knew all along, sadly."

“Also I have a dollstore in France and I’m keeping Mary and Alex in the basement, you should with me when I go back to feed them and visit, it’ll be fun”

• Love 4

I'm cautiously excited about this. I love Sasha and Janel and they were both great in their roles and Ali/Mona is an intriguing dynamic when you consider all they've been through and all they've done to each other. If they can ground Mona a little bit more in reality and strike a happy balance between old bitchy Ali and new boring Ali, I think it'll be interesting. There are obviously some issues that need to be worked out like the Mary/Alex locked in a basement thing and the fact that Ali is engaged/married to a character that may only exist off screen but we'll see how creative they get there. 

But are Ali and Mona going to be leads or is the show going to center around a group of students with Sasha and Janel recurring as secondary characters? 

• Love 1

You know, i had heard rumors that Ali/Emily would be spun off into The Perfectionists and i wasn't planning to watch.  I was basically over any show ran by IMK as she's proven herself unable to develop and sustain a story with any respect for the audience and i really didn't care to see Emily/Alison.  But MONA and Alison - that's a game changer.  I still don't trust Marlene to do anywhere near a decent job, but nonetheless, for Mona i'm in.

I'm not in. I don't know if Sasha and Janel can carry a show, they were always supporting players here. The fact that I was never super-interested in them as characters tells me that I would probably not like this.

Also, I finally got free from this mess, no way am I getting sucked back in again.

• Love 3

This sounds so ridiculous - Sara Shepard wrote another book and then Marlene and her decided "What the hell, might as well merge this with PLL". Like a bunch of teens writing their first fanfiction. I will probably check out the pilot just for the "It's so bad it's good factor" but I doubt I will stick around since neither Alison nor Mona interest me in the slightest and Marlene hasn't created an interesting new character in something like five years. If Emily never shows up the shippers whining on twitter will be hilarious.

We can't wait to continue Marlene King's rich and revolutionary storytelling....

Damn, I wonder if and how this network executive managed to say that with a straight face.

• Love 3