Type keyword(s) to search

Modern Family in the Media

29 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Last year they announced that season 10 would be the final season so they could have wrapped things.

2 minutes ago, AriAu said:

And It has felt like they are taking a victory lap this year any ways...and figured it would end with the wedding/kid being born scenario.

Right? This season has felt like a giant wrap up to me. What else can they do?

8 hours ago, Mystery said:

I think this'll be the last year for me. It already feels like they're phoning it in. 

I think this'll be the last year for me. It already feels like they're phoning it in. 

This. No one has really seemed on the game this season. 

• Love 2

I saw one article that suggested the creators want to set up a spin-off next season. I’m worried that would be Dylan and Haley and their babies. I don’t think those characters are strong enough to carry a show and I wouldn’t watch. 

• Love 3

I saw one article that suggested the creators want to set up a spin-off next season. I’m worried that would be Dylan and Haley and their babies. I don’t think those characters are strong enough to carry a show and I wouldn’t watch. 

Oh, what an awful thought...unwatchable. That much stupidity for 22 only commercially interrupted minutes each week-I shudder at the thought. And how will they explain no Phil and Claire?

The only thing worse would be 22 minutes of Lily...or 22 minutes of Lily and her parents.

• Love 4

Sorry for the duplication above! 

The only show I would watch: the hijinks of Gloria, Cameron, and Phil. And it would have to be pretty light on Cam. I usually like those characters together. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, AriAu said:

Oh, what an awful thought...unwatchable. That much stupidity for 22 only commercially interrupted minutes each week-I shudder at the thought. And how will they explain no Phil and Claire?

The only thing worse would be 22 minutes of Lily...or 22 minutes of Lily and her parents.

You want to see a spin-off series crash and burn. That's right there, that make Splitting Up Together look like a masterpiece. 

• Love 1
On 2/6/2019 at 5:57 PM, Angeleyes said:

A Cam, Mitch, and Lily spin-off would probably be them fulfilling the promise to move back to the farm where Cam grew up. That would be awful. 

Most likely these are the only actors who would be eager for the paycheck.  ABC keeps trying to make Stonestreet a star and JTF can always have his summer side-gigs on Broadway.  Plus, Goth Lilly wouldn't really need to speak all that much.  Celia Weston and Barry Corbin have some decent acting chops.  Add in James van der Beek as Bo Johnson....  

Seems more likely than Young Couple with Twins......

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
9 hours ago, possibilities said:

I'd rather see Alex finally get some plotlines and development, but they've never had any interest in her character, so I don't expect they'll develop any now.

Or they retread on things. Even the recent previews for the upcoming episode shows Alex trying to be more "open" with our outfits. Which has been done to death in the last few years, if the writers stop making her dress up as an "old lady" maybe they would stop feeling they want Alex to be more in tune with who Ariel Winters is in real life. 

1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

Wells was a contestant on The Bachelor and appears on Bachelor in Paradise as the bartender.  He really is a nice guy and is very well liked throughout Bachelor Nation.  

Wasn’t he a contestant on The Bachelorette not the Bachelor because even though I haven’t watched I know the names of most of the dudes who have been The Bachelor.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:23 PM, biakbiak said:

Sarah got engaged. I don’t watch but he was/is on Bachelor in Paradise as the bartender and I think was a contestant on The Bachelorette.

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Wasn’t he a contestant on The Bachelorette not the Bachelor because even though I haven’t watched I know the names of most of the dudes who have been The Bachelor.

Lol you’re absolutely right!  

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

You know this is actually touching. Though I think season 10 should have been it if the producers and ABC wouldn't have been so greedy with things. But wow! Look at that!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I’ll finish up Modern Family, but I will NOT be watching a spinoff.

Completely agree. If it's successful, well hats off to them, but I doubt it will get past the pilot similar to the Sue Heck spin off and I loved Sue.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2019 at 6:27 AM, readster said:

Yeah, I'm sorry, while the creators might LOVE Dylan and Haley, most audiences... don't! 

It doesn’t seem like the creators do want it given that the head of ABC who is the one who mentioned it says Steve Levitan keeps smacking her down when she brings it up.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It doesn’t seem like the creators do want it given that the head of ABC who is the one who mentioned it says Steve Levitan keeps smacking her down when she brings it up.

TV/Movie is very odd at times. You get the ones who are: "Money, my creations live on!" Then you get those who are: "Yeah, find, whatever." 

On 8/27/2019 at 1:25 PM, biakbiak said:

Hopefully this puts a stop to talk of a Hailey/Dylan spin-off.

Have to wonder if Sarah wanted to put the character of Hailey behind her and start playing a more "competent" person. Instead of: "Duh... what way did they go George?" Reminds me when Charlie McDermont kept trying to leave The Middle for another show. He was tired of playing a one note character with Axl. That's why they started doing a lot of growth with the character in the last 2 years of the show. Even though they have writers who are: "but we like characters being dumb, so easy to write." 

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Based on her IG Stephanie Beatriz will be returning for an ep as Gloria’s sister.

Since everyone is saying 11 is the wrap up. I see this being that too, of course if Gloria calls ICE on all her relatives and admitting to Jay: "Yes, they all suck, they will never see us EVER again!" Because if it gets to where Gloria is ONCE AGAIN letting family who isn't her sister walk all over her and Jay. I'm calling foul. 

On 9/20/2019 at 3:19 PM, biakbiak said:

The cast reacts to interviews they did for the first season.

That was very sweet. Except for Sofia Vergara who seemed either weirdly detached or annoyed throughout. 

Amazing how similar Sarah Hyland still looks, I swear I remember her looking far younger in the first season. Jesse Tyler Ferguson also hasn't changed much. 

Since no one else is mentioning this... Eric Stonestreet was on Finding Your Roots.  It was interesting to genealogy buffs, but possibly interesting to Modern Family fans was that Fizbo the clown was created by Eric before the show,.  Eric started being a clown in his teens with costume help from his grandmother.

• Love 3

I’ll put this in spoiler tags even though it’s just speculation based on the adult cast individual IG

edited because they are definitely filming an episode there with the entire cast. 

they are all in Paris

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1