Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

That pantsuit is hideous. What was she thinking? Plus in that picture, with the statue behind her, it looks like she has bunny ears on.

Eileen Davidson really does look great for her age, well, any age really.

• Love 16
(edited)

I hate this Jack isn't an Abbott thing so much. Unless it turns out to be false memories on Dina's part, Mal has just destoyed decades of Y&R history by turning an unwell old woman into one of the biggest heauxs in GC history. And MA didn't even get an Emmy for it.

Demand DNA tests for the whole family, Jack! There's probably some other surprises to be unearthed. Looking at you, Traci.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 19

None of this paternity nonsense is true to the history of the Abbott family. That is just a bald faced lie. However, messing with Jack’s paternity is true to the agenda of cementing Buttbiscuit as the one true Abbott. Never mind that he should actually be cemented into a building foundation instead. 

Sharon and Nick “get their groove on?” Who da fuck talks like that? 

• Love 20

If they are going to go there, it seems like a great time to bring Jess Walton back for awhile. She links to the history, her character is fond of Jack and she's now mother to the only Abbott left who can run the company under that stupid bylaw.  There are scenes to be written.  Instead we'll get a brief scene between them acknowledging it at athletic club, probably near Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

I can't help but believe this will all turn out to be nothing, in the end. If Bell were alive I'd be thinking he's writing the Abbotts out for a new family... this is kind of family shattering, death knell story.  But that's not what is happening here. 

• Love 6

Yeah. Mal promised more twists and turns in this tale. When the dust settles Jack will be John’s son.

In the meantime it will be stupid (as it already is). That theatre set? The tuxes? Is anyone besides the Abbotts and Charlie even there? Why not just do this at home? It’s extra lame in this setting, like, whoa this is Big Drama.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

And apparently Mal Young in 2018! 

miamama, I wonder if the elaborate setting for the big reveal was done to make Dina feel special? I hope you’re right that Jack remains John’s son in the end.

Ok that makes a bit of sense that Jack/Abby are glamming it up for his mom. 

I do think it will be reversed. I can’t see show (I.e. TPTB) being ok with permanently un-Abbotting Jack Abbott. And it’s Mal’s style to twist. And him saying there will be twists in this story cinches it for me. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 5/5/2018 at 7:17 PM, Capricasix said:

Hey, I just saw on IMDb that Mckenna Grace is in Captain Marvel! 

I saw her in I, Tonya. And seems like I saw her somewhere else because I looked her up on IMDb because I saw or heard her name. Don’t know what it was though. 

Edited by Runningwild
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Well, Mal once read about something in a CSI report. Sounds like an interesting hobby. Maybe he should read a forensic analysis of bovine excrement. Someone hand him a recent Y&R script...

Mal can read? 

• Love 10
(edited)

This whole storyline is some fucking elaborate plan to install Billy as Jack’s equal. He has his wife and soon he will be Jabot CEO (suddenly years of being an idiot will be erased as Billy surprises everyone by being FUCKING BRILLIANT AT A JOB IN WHICH HE HAS ZERO EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING.) Then Jack - after fucking up and lashing out and “making amends” will be revealed to be John’s son. But everyone (except Billy who is a saint now) will say, um, Billy’s a better CEO than you Jack. Sorry. You can’t have the job back. 

Seriously. Mal thinks it’s a throne. Any male Abbott can be crowned CEO. Lol. It’s not like Jack spent decades building this company or anything. He’s been CEO off and on 35 years or more. Mal thinks John just bequeathed the title two years ago. And Billy will just be sooo good at it. 

ETA: Fuck you Mal.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 20
(edited)

This is all for GT and JT, as is everything Mal has done since Sally left because she dared to separate those characters romantically. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This is all for GT and JT, as is everything Mal has done since Sally left because she dared to separate those characters romantically. 

It is. Today’s Canadian was off the charts. It was the glorious coronation of Billy Abbott, with Queen Phyllis by his side (or rather on his lap) both in Jack’s chair.

• Love 11

Indeed. Congratulations, Billy. You are now King Shit of Turd Mountain, Baron Buttbiscuit von Fuckstick and Little Lord Gauntleroy. Of course, this was always about making Assbread the center of the Abbott family and hero of the show. Such transparent, trashy fan fiction.

• Love 22
On 2018-05-07 at 10:16 PM, Runningwild said:

I saw her in I, Tonya. And seems like I saw her somewhere else because I looked her up on IMDb because I saw or heard her name. Don’t know what it was though. 

Gifted, maybe? With Chris Evans (which, admittedly, is the only reason I wanted to watch it, but it turned out to be a sweet movie!).

• Love 2
(edited)

I love Peter. He’s smart, thoughtful and the only reason I watch this show.

I also think he hinted strongly that Jack will turn out to be John’s in the end (in the section about Dina calling Jack “John.”)

Thanks for posting @spinxella

He pointed out Jack built up Jabot over years after messing things up. Which is no doubt why Mal can’t simply hand it to NotBilly.

So Jack has to be basically destroyed. (Bring on the booze, pills, hookers!!) He will be on the floor in the fetal position with Billy saying “GET BETTER JACK I DON’T WANNA BE KING!!!!”

But Billy will do it for the family.

RME. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, spinxella said:

"As a bit of an inside secret, Young reveals Eric Braeden was ready to brawl when JT threw his character Victor down the stairs. “We replaced JT a couple times with a stunt guy, but every one of those shots in the fight was Eric,” Young marvels. “That was pretty amazing!”"

So EB really is Victor? He thinks he can beat up a guy JT's age?

"While Jack isn’t likely to take this turn well, Young is throwing lover boy a bit of a bone. “I might give him a little bit of happiness… for a few minutes,” he winks."

That happiness will be stomped on by Buttbiscuit, I'm sure.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

so, someone at soc posted that hunter king (dummer) is back taping at y&r....

guess her prime time gig petered out..........

fuck you mal

Because I needed another reason to not watch this show.

Life in Pieces was picked up. She’ll probably film Y&R during hiatus. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Just when you thought Y&R couldn't reek any worse, and lookie there. Dummer floats in from Fiji. Well, I guess Mal needed justification for throwing Jack out of the Abbott mansion so Billy could move in with his sidepiece.

(LiP resumes its season in 2019 cause it's only on for about 10 weeks).

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Toomuchsoap said:

Just when you thought Y&R couldn't reek any worse, and lookie there. Dummer floats in from Fiji. Well, I guess Mal needed justification for throwing Jack out of the Abbott mansion so Billy could move in with his sidepiece.

Aside from what may have been a mammary shortage on CBS Daytime, and from Gloria's comment on yesterday's CDN... I'd say, since Mal's long suit is not subtlety, that we're in for a long stretch of "Who's on Which Side"? I guess that beats the horrendous tedium of Sharon and Nick reduxduxdux and Heaving Hevon. Maybe.

Spoiler

"Team Jack"

• Love 8
1 hour ago, valleycliffe said:

so, someone at soc posted that hunter king (dummer) is back taping at y&r....

guess her prime time gig petered out..........

fuck you mal

46 minutes ago, miamama said:

Because I needed another reason to not watch this show.

Life in Pieces was picked up. She’ll probably film Y&R during hiatus. 

15 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

(LiP resumes its season in 2019 cause it's only on for about 10 weeks).

9 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Aside from what may have been a mammary shortage on CBS Daytime, and from Gloria's comment on yesterday's CDN... I'd say, since Mal's long suit is not subtlety, that we're in for a long stretch of "Who's on Which Side"? I guess that beats the horrendous tedium of Sharon and Nick reduxduxdux and Heaving Hevon. Maybe.

Hide contents

"Team Jack"

So things CAN get worse!  Someone else to dump on Jack and someone else to act as fluffer for Victor.  

How wunnerful that Dummer is back.  

Maybe Jack can kick Dummer out of the apartment HE BOUGHT HER.  

• Love 13

Dummer might want to stock up on face masks before she re-enters the apartment Jack gave her, or find a company that does deep cleaning of a place after someone has died, because mommy and ButtBiscuit have been funking up the place worse than a skunk with a prostate condition.

And she's never going to get the stains out of that couch.  The grass stains left by her dalliance with the garden gnome were nothing to what Nostrildamus has left in his wake.

Oh yes, the "Future of the Newmans" better enter stage right with a clothes pin over her nose.

• Love 12