Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

I don't remember whether I asked this previously, but whatever happened with the (purportedly confirmed) announcements on Twitter and elsewhere that Mishael Morgan and Jessica Collins were coming back to the show? That was well over a month or so ago and now, crickets. Did that become dead in the water when CBS decided to get rid of Angelica McDaniel, or was it all just so much spumor?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/11/2019 at 7:20 AM, lovemesomejoolery said:

Frankly, the vets aren't enough to keep any viewer, no matter what your ethnicity.  It's the storylines, the regurgitation of stupid storylines and the insensitivity of other storylines that is becoming too off-putting for me.

Yesterday's show was  WTF moment for me.......

While CBS does have a diversity problem, I agree that no amount of representation is a substitution for decent writing. In the ATWT days of Luke/Noah, their fans recorded the show and FFed all the stupid shit without the two of them in it (which shouldnt be a thing you can do in soaps, but that's another rant entirely).

Frankly, I resent B&B holds the top spot in ratings after their brand of absolute abuse glorifying trash fire of an "umbrella" story, but Y&R hasn't earned it's spot at number 1 for welll over a decade. The show is dull as dishwater.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Guess she’s not married anymore? They do look cute together 😀

8 hours ago, Artsda said:

I don't think she ever married.

She was married and divorced, and shortly after she was divorced, she started her jewelry line. I don't know whether she's still involved with that now or not, but I haven't heard anything about since the rollout, which I think was back in around 2009 or so.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Thank you @spinxella for the Sharon Case interview.  She is quite gracious, and then funny at the same time.

I thought it was interesting when she was talking about Mark Grossman that he is most like Victor, and then she said something like, they haven't had that for sometime, meaning the actor being able to portray a Victor-like presence.  So I am assuming she means since before Justin Hartley played Adam.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 9/14/2019 at 2:43 PM, bannana said:

I thought it was interesting when she was talking about Mark Grossman that he is most like Victor, and then she said something like, they haven't had that for sometime, meaning the actor being able to portray a Victor-like presence.  So I am assuming she means since before Justin Hartley played Adam.

She ain't wrong, though. Atonal as NuNuNuAdam can be, he brings an edge to the character that Hartley just was not able to. Not all actors can be recast into all roles, as Thorston Kaye and Jason Thompson prove each and every day on their respective shows.

But yet, Adam this time around really is just so flat. He almost makes Steve Burton look nuanced and expressive (I did say almost! xD). The whole begging for Daddy's approval? Why? Fighting with Nick? They both suck for different reasons. Revisiting Shadam a second (third?) time? Lightining doesn't strike twice and as fun as bratty Faith would be if her idiot mother went there again, there's only so much mileage to draw out of a rebellious teenager. And I'd have to bang my head in a wall if Nick went using her to drive a wedge between them, as he most likely would do.

I was over Adam back before the Hightower story ended with a bang.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, Anna Yolei said:

But yet, Adam this time around really is just so flat. He almost makes Steve Burton look nuanced and expressive (I did say almost! xD).

Respectfully, I just gotta disagree with you on this. Nobody has been as wooden as Burton (though Morrow is running a really close race). I just feel the writing has left minimal room for MG to be nuanced; however, when he is interacting with the little boy who is now playing Connor, he shines. And he's great interacting with Sharon Case. Apparently, offscreen as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Why in the world would Abby, Chels and Summer be having a business meeting in the middle of Phoenix’ lobby/bar? Is Y&R too cheap to build them an office to meet in? This show just gets more stupid by the day. And where is Victoria’s office these days? Of course, she doesn’t really need one since she never goes into her office anymore anyway. BLECH.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 9/18/2019 at 10:32 PM, lovemesomejoolery said:

I've been wondering where Cane is.............I checked out his Instagram and found he posted this on 9/16.  Not sure what it means, if she's back for good or it's just another short stint.

Apologies in advance for the extreme closeup of this butt-head!

I’ve neither missed him nor noticed that he wasn’t on my TV screen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

No!! Not my adorable Carrrlosss paired with Nina Phyliss!!!!😭

This is gonna be painful to watch.😱

Wonder if he & PatrickDrake Billy Abbott will be fighting over the same woman  again....

Will he be shocked to find out that Sabrina  is no longer a nurse but now running a restaurant?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I don't know anything about the new actor...but are we assuming he will be paired with Phyllis? Because.  Since she has been back she has had zero chemistry or sex appeal with anyone. Has she?  Just me?  Her acting tics, slithering, jerking, etc., make her look ridiculous and like someone who goes home alone every night and stirs her cauldron.  She appears ready to devour any actor/actress she is partnered with.  Not a pleasant thing to watch; I would hate to see that carried into the bedroom.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Simon Black? Seems to me that guy would've made an okay Tucker recast. Guess the show decided to go in a different direction and now he'll be stuck with Phyllis. Good luck with that, buddy!

He's in his 40s, way too young to play Tucker. Kay had him from cheating on her first husband Gary Reynolds, long before she married Phillip Chancellor.

Given that Tucker's origin story is that he was born on the exact same date as Jill, they would have to cast Jill 25 years younger too. 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3