Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

MS as Phyllis and bringing Chelsea back didn’t keep the show #1? I am shocked.

Not to mention Kyle’s lame secret. A girl got drunk and you took her to the hospital where you paid her Dad off?! That’s what they came up with that required Theo to act like he was holding on to NASA secrets? Terrible. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

Why on earth would they be bringing Luca's character back?  What possible storyline would there be that connects him?

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like one more actor from the past being dumped in for a hot minute just to make us tune in.  No real new ideas or storylines, just dumping old faces/characters in ...because they can.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

So according to Worn on TV, Lola's wedding gown was made by the Y&R wardrobe department. Which explains a lot and that's all I'm going say. 🙁 However, it's basically a knockoff of this Jenny Yoo dress:

jCa1gqf.jpg

Abby's maid of honor dress was also a Jenny Yoo. Funny to me how Abby got to wear the original dress but Lola had to make do with a cheap(er) imitation. The difference in quality was glaring, IMO.

And while I'm over here still carping about the wedding attire, I also saw on WoTV that Summer's dress was a Halston design. I don't know if it was vintage Halston or whoever is working under his nameplate now but yeesh, not a good look. I don't know of anyone on Y&R who could've made that dress work.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Why on earth would they be bringing Luca's character back?  What possible storyline would there be that connects him?

Awww, nuts, they're bringing Topo Gigio back????  The streets of Genoa City aren't slick enough with slime already?   How much you wanna bet he's been hiding up ButtBiscuit's nose all this time and he's the one pretending to be Delia.

If they want to bring someone back, how about Chance Chancellor??  Show teased enough already with the promise of him, deliver already!

But no, we get the bastard son of Fievel the Mouse and Lamb Chop.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Who the hell is Luca? I must have been on some kind of a bender back then because I have no memory of him.

Remember Marissa, who helped Jack when he escaped from the island with dead Kelly?  She was on the ship with El Capitan, and blew it up while she and Jack escaped.  Back in PV, she hooked up with Noah and then her boyfriend/ex-husband/nail salon employee/who knows?, Luca showed up and hijinks of the most depressing kind ensued.  Then he got involved with Dummer - that was like watching a colonoscopy on slow motion - Nick grunted a lot, Victor glowered a lot, yadda yadda, he got arrested and disappeared in the arms of the law.  I'd assumed he'd been made into a beanie baby by now.

It was the Marco Anicelli time in Genoa City, not a good period for anyone.

Edited by boes
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, boes said:

Remember Marissa, who helped Jack when he escaped from the island with dead Kelly?  She was on the ship with El Capitan, and blew it up while she and Jack escaped.  Back in PV, she hooked up with Noah and then her boyfriend/ex-husband/nail salon employee/who knows?, Marco showed up and hijinks of the most depressing kind ensued.  Then he got involved with Dummer - that was like watching a colonoscopy on slow motion - Nick grunted a lot, Victor glowered a lot, yadda yadda, he got arrested and disappeared in the arms of the law.  I'd assumed he'd been made into a beanie baby by now.

It was the Marco Anicelli time in Genoa City, not a good period for anyone.

No wonder I was drinking back then.

El Capitan,

Now, he would be great to bring back. He and Det. Hardon and MEK. That would help with their crappy ratings waaay more than bringing back the Staph Infection and MCE.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Yes @boes !  I think Luca also was engaged to Summer and admitted to her the he caused the oil rig explosions and Jack walked in on them arguing about it, and I think Luca either hit her or threatened to kidnap her.....maybe both?  I remember Jack called the police and they came to Summer's apartment and dragged Luca away.....

He was involved with Adam somehow, too, but I just don't remember how.

Here's a pic of Luca & Summer, if that jogs your memory, for those of you who don't remember his year long stint!

ETA:  Is it just me, or has Summer had some "modifications" to her bustline since this picture was taken?

image.png.1e8823fb52c7f67fdcbd3c4fbeea96a4.png

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes @boes !  I think Luca also was engaged to Summer and admitted to her the he caused the oil rig explosions and Jack walked in on them arguing about it, and I think Luca either hit her or threatened to kidnap her.....maybe both?  I remember Jack called the police and they came to Summer's apartment and dragged Luca away.....

He was involved with Adam somehow, too, but I just don't remember how.

Here's a pic of Luca & Summer, if that jogs your memory, for those of you who don't remember his year long stint!

ETA:  Is it just me, or has Summer had some "modifications" to her bustline since this picture was taken?

image.png.1e8823fb52c7f67fdcbd3c4fbeea96a4.png

She most certainly has!  Either that or my wide screen tv makes everything and I do mean everything look bigger.

Great recall on Luca!  I remember he and Marissa, had a kid together?  And his father was some business rival or partner with Victor?

1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Was he the one we used to call Prince Matchibelli?

That's him!  I'd forgotten that nickname!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, boes said:

She most certainly has!  Either that or my wide screen tv makes everything and I do mean everything look bigger.

Great recall on Luca!  I remember he and Marissa, had a kid together?  And his father was some business rival or partner with Victor?

That's him!  I'd forgotten that nickname!

thanks - I amaze myself that I can remember something on a soap from three or four years ago, yet can't tell you where I put my keys two hours ago! 

Yes to the other two questions.....I think he used that child to get Marissa away from Noah and back to him!  But I don't recall how Luca's family were involved with Victor -  I feel like with Victor, it was a set up of some sort, you know, the "per usual" with Victor. 

• Love 4

That was utterly terrible storytelling, giving Luca and Marissa an unseen, plot point child that no one gave two fucks about, including the characters. Oh, and there was a truly amateur love scene between Noah and Marissa that was as sexy as a sandpaper dildo. Good times, good times...

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

That was utterly terrible storytelling, giving Luca and Marissa an unseen, plot point child that no one gave two fucks about, including the characters. Oh, and there was a truly amateur love scene between Noah and Marissa that was as sexy as a sandpaper dildo. Good times, good times...

Yeah, and I seem to recall someone likening Noah's advances onto Marissa on the couch to an aged tabby's climbing style.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 8/20/2019 at 8:46 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

So according to Worn on TV, Lola's wedding gown was made by the Y&R wardrobe department. Which explains a lot and that's all I'm going say. 🙁 However, it's basically a knockoff of this Jenny Yoo dress:

jCa1gqf.jpg

Abby's maid of honor dress was also a Jenny Yoo. Funny to me how Abby got to wear the original dress but Lola had to make do with a cheap(er) imitation. The difference in quality was glaring, IMO.

It's a gorgeous dress, but if Y&R wanted to copy it why did they leave out the design's most distinguishing feature? The low v neck.  It's obvious the styling of that particular dress was designed around that feature. If they wanted Lola in something more modest they should have copied something more modest. How silly.

• Love 6
On 8/20/2019 at 1:31 PM, spinxella said:

FrljY6.png

Boy, I just....

NO. Adam and Sharon had chemistry, but that's all they had. There was nothing healthy or positive about that relationship. The only thing I enjoyed about Shadam was watching Nick's self-righteous ass beat his chest as someone managed to prove as real competition  for her (because it wasn't enough for Nicholas Newman to have married the wildebeest he cheated with and knocked up, Sharon was supposed to never move on).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 8/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, JasonCC said:

I need to be honest, we've had enough twins and dopplegangers…..I'd rather a weird, bizarre retcon where she was kept alive somehow (but lost the baby).

Returning from the dead is a soap staple, I'd love to see them go that route!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It's been a looong time since I've been active here and have been catching up on the Y&R news.  So the writers didn't know what to do with Ana, IMO the prettiest woman on the show?  Well golly gee, I have an idea.  Why don't you give her a story you would have given snotty Summer?  Or even better, Tessa?  They shove the Rosales family down our throats, but Devon, a Chancellor, who by the way has been on for years, can't have his own family?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

‘Surprise guest’ to intervene in the Billy/Adam story? Are they bringing back Delia? Who else could it be? And more importantly why do we care?

stitch?  saw a pic a while back of him and abby and someone else on the y&r set

• Useful 5
52 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

yeah, i think he did....MY SPECULATION, if it is indeed stitch coming back is that he NOW knows his sister kelly was the one who hit and run delia while driving so upset that night.

I like this idea.  Stitch passes through town just long enough to report that Kelly is dead but revealed to him that she killed Delia.  We never see Stitch or Kelly again and the show can finally move on from nearly 6 years of the wretched Delia story.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

I didn’t like Stitch when he was on the show, didn’t buy his marriage to Abby from the get go and thought he was a terrible actor. I have zero interest in seeing him again. Boo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Even if Adam didn't do it, he thought he did and kept his trap shut as his son got Delia's eyes. Sure acted guilty AF, and he's still a POS to me.

But hey, I guess I can suck it up if this gives Billy one less reason to act like a blow hard and wallow in his own misery about losing a kid that he was maybe truly invested with for half her life at best.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Wait....didn't Adam have "evidence" of hitting Delia?  Like a piece of clothing or something stuck to his car?  I remember him finding it and putting it away in a drawer or something....maybe even burning it in the fireplace.....

Wasn't his car damaged, too?

I guess that doesn't mean he actually hit her, but still........

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Wait....didn't Adam have "evidence" of hitting Delia?  Like a piece of clothing or something stuck to his car?  I remember him finding it and putting it away in a drawer or something....maybe even burning it in the fireplace.....

Wasn't his car damaged, too?

I guess that doesn't mean he actually hit her, but still........

Her scarf was caught in the car's undercarriage, but it could have been blowing in the wind after someone else hit her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Kelly killing Delia was a good story idea, especially with the original Kelly actress.  But I also liked the idea of Drinki being the one who ran over poor Delia.  After all, Drinki is prolific in the accidental horrific killing genre.  Didn't they kind of suggest it by making it vague that she was driving that same night on the country roads that must exist between Delia's school and Victoria's house?  Wouldn't Delia go to school in GC rather than out in the rural parts?

• Love 10

Yeesh, looks to me like Josh is deep in the delusional weeds, especially with his comparing himself to Harding Lemay. Serving notice now, he better keep Agnes Nixon's name out of his mouth or there will be trouble. Mal tried pulling some weak homage to Agnes and see where he is now? That's right: Not Here! 😈

And wow, talk about trying to rest on your laurels. Here we are, two Adams and three Billys later (please correct me if my hasty math is wrong) and Josh is still trying to rebuild the show around that storyline. 😐

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

What do you expect Sharon Case to say? Adam is obviously going to be Sharon's love interest at some point. Anyway, I rather she support her story and co-star than dump on them like Daniel Goddard did.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Meh, there's "supporting" and there's straight up "twisting reality." She can say Adam made Sharon strong in the same sense people who've successfully escaped from their abuser and recovered from their abuse can say the experience made them stronger. I think there are better ways to get stronger than being put through needless abuse and trauma. I'm not in favor of painting it like it was a good thing because you were able to survive someone's cruelty. AFAIC, SC is doing a disservice to viewers still stuck in abusive situations. ("You're not strong enough! Get stronger!")

IMO B&B and Y&R are both doing this now, trying to tell viewers that the bad things they saw were actually good or didn't happen at all. It's dumbfounding.

But yeah, fcuk DG and TPTB who rewarded him for bad behavior. BM's out here believing most of the fans loved the idea of a romance between Traci and Cane when I think the truth is that a lot of her fans didn't want to see her specifically with Cane. How about TPTB give Traci a romance worthy of her and not yesterday's trash like Cane as a last resort?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 14

Sharon may have been referring to the strength she got from him when Adam helped her learn to deal with her bipolar disorder and take her meds.  Everyone else had either given up on her or tried to sabotage her.  But that's no reason to jump in the sack with him immediately, which just reinforces her weak aspects, including the inability to go more than a week without a man in her life and bed.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11