Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Someone claimed on another forum that the deparure of Angelica McDaniel (former head of CBS Daytime) is what finally allowed TPTB to get rid of DG. Allegedly he was under her wing.

And it keeps getting better spumorwise: now I read Devon and Elena will adopt little Sam, the mystery child of Cane who hasn't been seen since...? Well first the writers would have to acknowledge Sam exists and the audience didn't just imagine him. 🙄

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

Although, it did like Cane and Lilly’s apartment set. Of course, it got shrunk down to just the kitchen but overall it was a nice set. Later Cane......Ciao!.....Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

• Love 6

Didn't Nate buy the (Cane's)house? I liked Abby's dress that day and took a photo. 

I'm behind. After my darling husband erased 3 weeks of them plus all the memorial and flash back footage I was saving. (He is still recovering. I woke him up to harass him;) So yeah. Missed a bunch now I'm behind and ran into DG on Instagram.

Speaking of Instagram. I got a better shot for Beth M/ Traci. She changed her photo. LOL.

Show has been a revolving door! I'm still mad about Stafford. She can bite me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 10/3/2019 at 12:54 PM, deirdra said:

Chloe also looks stupid in full bangs.  Brainless people have no foreheads, and we just see a triangle of wide cheeks to pointy chin.

Chloe never had a forhead anyway - twohead at best.

9 hours ago, jewel21 said:

He just better not be leaving GC with 2.2 billion dollars is all I’m saying...

Rootng for Jail. He wanted to work wit cons.

9 minutes ago, spinxella said:

GLbPTV.jpg

Good Lily. Yay. 

Still say it's Hilary getting back at Lily - could be - maybe....

• Love 6

A recast of Cane would be really stupid, they've rewritten him so many times he just needs to go. If Lily and the twins were sticking around I could see it (and recasting Lily might have actually been a good idea). Maybe. But DG has a point about being isolated story-wise....it's just time to GO. I say that as someone who never hated him as much as most people seemed to! 

Case in point about the confusing rewrites and contortions of the character? My hubby (fairly new to Y&R) was asking why Jill is being so do or die for Cane (not her kin, yet seems kind of whateves about long lost Chance). Honestly? The idea of trying to explain all that back-history and writing manipulations was too much so I just said "she was married to Colin so he was her stepson a long time". It was a cop out but I just didn't have time for attempting to explain that messy truth and lame writing over the years!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 15

Boy howdy, I don't think I've ever seen the board this happy to see another actor leave! Not even when EB looked to be leaving the show in '09!

4 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

A recast of Cane would be really stupid, they've rewritten him so many times he just needs to go. If Lily and the twins were sticking around I could see it. Maybe. But DG has a point about being isolated story-wise....it's just time to GO. I say that as someone who never hated him as much as most too!

Big mood. There's no anchor and nothing else has really stuck with him and really his niche of entitled douchebag has long been filled by Nick, Adam and Buttbiscuit. Jill was his only other major link and she's more or less off the show.

I did laugh at that quote about "without Lily, there's no Cane" bullshit because...yeah, I see no lies there. Let's be honest, his rabid fanbase was the reason they went back on cutting bait eight years ago, and that to the detriment of the show and to Lily's character. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Boy howdy, I don't think I've ever seen the board this happy to see another actor leave! Not even when EB looked to be leaving the show in '09!

HA! That was an interesting time indeed...and the impetus to Tucker if I recall correctly!

I didn't hate Cane/Lilly as a couple (and true point above--they had a decent set!) but if this was going to be the end to the Ashby family as regular characters they really SHOULD have just done it a few months ago and have them all go on the lam to Australia when Lily was getting that manslaughter charge. It would have given those Cane/Lily shippers a final  "they're together as a family" finale (and "Lily finally has a sunny/wardrobe appropriate home for those outfits!"). Could have provided  a good vehicle for writing off Colin too: he dipped into his mafia past to get identities for his family and was going to join them in Australia and try to redeem himself as a good grandfather to the twins and that barely seen baby. Goodbye to the lot of them! Quantas tie-in.....and GOOODBYE!

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I guess he's worried about that larger fancier house he and his family moved into not long ago. My thoughts when the mention of it was made in Variety was that DG really thought he was on Y&R for the long haul even with the state his character has been in for quite awhile. If he didn't present himself as a douchebag I might feel bad for him.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

As someone who really liked Cane when he first appeared and his relationship with Lily, I became very disenchanted with the whole lying, Juliette debacles but it was DG dissing Beth Maitland that totally pissed me right off. She’s a great person as is her character so he can fuck right off. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22

I am not on social media, but I hope those of you who are point out how Goddard's refusal to do the Cane/Traci relationship was an insult to Beth Maitland so he had it coming. I want CBS to know that there are fans who support Beth over him so it doesn't feel pressure to cave to his attempt to get fans to rally to save him. Seriously, who does he think that he is. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

He would still be employed if he had done the story with Beth. 

I'm thinking it wasn't just his refusal to do the story, it was also the way he was using social media to throw obvious shade on the pairing. On the day of the episode where Cane and Traci first kissed, he posted a family photo of Cane, Lily, and the twins. (Sam was nowhere in sight, IIRC.) At that point Lily and the twins weren't even on the show anymore so what kind of baloney was that? To many it was a needless insult to BM. OMG, the ugly comments I saw on other boards about Traci/BM. And of course all that stuff has flared up again because of DG's firing. Some of his fans appear to be losing their effin minds.

The idiot maybe needs to learn how to be a team player instead of a prima donna, and rein in his passive-aggressive social media use. His Beastmaster days are way behind him and actors in his age category are a dime a dozen--especially on the few remaining soaps.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
On 10/22/2019 at 5:39 PM, ByaNose said:

Buh-bye! Also, he doesn’t look any better without makeup either. That said, I’m surprised Y&R made the break. It seemed like they never could quit him.

Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! The Lord has heard my prayers!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Daniel Goddard only has himself to blame. Cane and Lily are just incredibly boring as a couple and when together rarely got screentime. Whenever they tried to break them up he would complain and he'd go back to the backburner. When SSM did the Juliet story he got tons of airtime and Cane worked as a Brad-esque cad, but he complained and it was ended. He got back with Lily and went back to the backburner as usual. Then she left and they tried to pair him with both Victoria and Traci and he objected to both pairings. Saying they couldn't find story for him without Neil and Lily is unfair because they DID try to give him stories, he just was too controlling to accept them. This is what he deserves and I hope no other soap hires him.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

I've been a on and off viewer of Y&R for years.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of why the dislike of DG.  I have no feelings either way but I don't know the history.  I only know that I was kind of looking forward to his characters romance with Tracy it ended abruptly.  I get that DG seem to play a part in that.  Is there more to the story?

• Love 2

I love the Y&R fans defending Beth on Twitter. I hope some people here go over and defend Beth there and stomp on Goddard's delusional crazy ass fans. I can't wait for him to be gone so they can fuck off with him. 

I just realized how crazy they are. Goddard refused to the romance with Cane and Traci and that is Beth's fault. I swear some soap fans are lunatics. It is only slightly less crazy that the fans who attacked Hunter King because she reported that pervert Muhney's sexual assault. Men behave like assholes and the women get blamed. All these people need to be locked up together in the crazy vault.

Oh, and kudos to Patrick Mulcahey for standing up for Beth. Those fans need to get dragged on their own Twitter account.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9

Completely agreed with several points above.

Fans did Goddard NO FAVORS WHATSOEVER by screaming bloody murder whenever they gave him a non-Lily storyline. Soaps are stories without end....you have to always keep switching things up!

The Traci romance would not have gone on forever, but tying him to Abbott clan would have secured his place on the show a lot. Heck, if you really think Cane is too young and hot for Traci (he's closer to 50 than 40, folks) then you could justify it as a hasty rebound. The writers were indeed writing the story that way somewhat....a man fumbling with his family gone finding intimate friendship from an unlikely source.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, SimoneS said:

But nope, he was too young and hot for Traci.

He's forty-fucking-five years old! BM is barely sixty if I recall correctly. It's close to the same age gap he has with CK who was barely 18 or 19 when they first got together.

And I'll be sure to hit up CBS daytime to show my support to BM so they don't decide to cave and rehire him ever again. I'd rather they rehire Michael Muhney to play Adam. At least he pulled his weight and was worth the fandom polarization.

1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

Fans did Goddard NO FAVORS WHATSOEVER by screaming bloody murder whenever they gave him a non-Lily storyline. Soaps are stories without end....you have to always keep switching things up!

😂

I also post on Tumblr, where fandom there gets wild and I always have to remind them that stuff like this is a possibility. In a certain animated series fandom, the rabid shippers nearly got a VA fired for breach on contract because of a secret recording claiming X/Y ship was canon that he didn't know about. Luckily they were young and stupid and fessed up to that and other horrified fans got them to remove it.

I think people forget that actors are just people. That said, DG has courted the crazy for years and his misery is all his own. Lie with dogs, you're gonna pick up fleas.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'd rather they rehire Michael Muhney to play Adam. At least he pulled his weight and was worth the fandom polarization.

IMO, man who sexually assaults a woman is scum and is not worth anything so I am glad that he is gone and there is every indication that he will be staying gone. I never shared the Goddard hate around here, but he got what he deserved for refusing to do his job. They both deserved to be fired.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, SimoneS said:

IMO, man who sexually assaults a woman is scum and is not worth anything so I am glad that he is gone and there is every indication that he will be staying gone. I never shared the Goddard hate around here, but he got what he deserved for refusing to do his job. They both deserved to be fired.

I was very much exaggerating and I could have picked a better target but to be clear: I loathed Munhey and his bloated, fragile ego well before I heard anything about Hunter King. My only wish is that Adam had stayed fucking dead.

3 hours ago, gingerella said:

Wow, I didn't know this, is this true or gossip?

Very much true (see the above links to comments Beth Maitland's had to make to angry fans blaming her for Goddard's departure).

Goddard sounds like a right out fucking primadonna when he had no reason to be. Eric Braeden can get away with SOME of the shit he pulls, but he's put in his dues. when William Bell gave him the not-so-subtle choice to hit the bricks or get over his pissing contest with Peter Bergman and do his job, well...he chose wisely. It's been a few months since The Staff came back but I haven't heard much about her trying to dictate her storylines or force herself into romances this go around. Guess she likes being employed too. Who knew?

Fuck him and good on whoever it was that sent his ass packing. Hopefully he burned that bridge so throughly that he won't be considered at all for any role on B&B either.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6