Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

What is timeline of all of this? GT was fired before they even knew of MS contract talks breakdown or they found first and the fired GT. In the end, it doesn’t matter but I’m just curious.

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

What is timeline of all of this? GT was fired before they even knew of MS contract talks breakdown or they found first and the fired GT. In the end, it doesn’t matter but I’m just curious.

I think GT was gone, regardless. Second Mal was fired, tbh.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, crosby777 said:

And he did crazy sharon so my fingers are crossed.

OOF 

That one's gonna be a hard pass for me. I assume we have Kay Alden more than Mal "Master Class" Young to thank for deep sixing any further plots around Sharon's bipolar disorder, but I'm very thankful he found new ways to play on Sharon's incredible stupidity without that insulting, ableist garbage. It more than makes up for all the other stupid storylines that aren't Philly to be rid of it.

If the show survived by ignoring the MS for Nikki that Phelps wrote in and the dementia they obviously had planned for Katherine before Jeanne Cooper passed away and spared her ruining yet another legacy character over sixty, it'll be fine never revisiting Sharon having another poorly depicted manic spree.

• Love 15

Oh man, I don't follow Twitter, so all this GT stuff was new to me. Fucking Yikes. She deserved to go for being that backassward stupid.

Still, I can't help but wonder if they've fallen from the spit and into the fire with bringing MS back on. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Why couldn't the on screen drama be nearly as interesting?

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/03/31/soap-opera-chaos-as-scientologist-actress-michelle-stafford-exits-general-hospital-as-show-does-cult-storyline?fbclid=IwAR0EdnwjJArYbmCbwRb0oRLFxnAzgG8RBK5IOKp7uwt-24xW5f14zMwfWio

The world of soap operas aka daytime dramas is really, really crazy. Only the movies “SoapDish” and “Tootsie” have ever addressed the madness.

Now “General Hospital” actress Michelle Stafford is leaving that show and returning to “The Young and the Restless” after a not so successful stint on the former show. She was on the latter for 16 years.

Stafford is an avowed member of the Cult of Scientology, which “General Hospital” knew when she joined them. (She isn’t the only “Y&R” actress deep in Scientology. So is Sharon Case, who’s been on the show for eons.)

But here’s the soapy twist: a few months ago, “General Hospital” started a story about a cult called Dawn of Day. (Dawn of Day, not coincidentally, is a is an 1881 book by the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche that would drive Scientology creator L. Ron Hubbard crazy.)

The soap cult is very similar to Scientology: members are being roped in to pay big fees for “classes,” they have a charismatic leader who’s insinuating himself into various characters’ lives. This isn’t the first time “General Hospital” has attacked Scientology. For several years they featured a clinic for the criminally insane called Miscavige, obviously named for David Miscavige, the real life Napoleonic leader of Scientology. There are no coincidences here.

As the “GH” cult story grew, sources say, Stafford’s appearances on the went into decline. She has rarely been on screen as Dawn of Day was put on the front burner. Now Stafford is exiting “GH” over contract negotiations. Could “GH” have been using the Dawn of Day story to oust Stafford? It sure seems like it.

Stafford’s return to “Young and the Restless” means the much more talented actress who succeeded her five years ago, Gina Tognoni, is out. Tognoni was not in a cult, but she did win an Emmy award in 2017. She should really go to prime time TV at this point, she’s too good for this stuff. Stafford, meanwhile, will be reunited with Case, who’s been in Scientology a long time.

Only in Hollywood, kids, only in Hollywood.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, miamama said:

Gina is FIRED and we’ll take an MS who will be contrite (because Josh Griffith has let her go before when she sulked onscreen and GH was a fail). I would hope she’s not as stupid as Gina. 

@miamama, you have lots of intel on this whole situation, which is very juicy and interesting. 😁

One thing, though, I am not sure that MS is a fail on GH, or that she would see her time there as a fail.  That is a very large cast and she seems to be on my screen plenty.  I notice, because I cannot stand her.  She certainly gets way more screen time than Billy Miller.  She right now has a front burner storyline.  She has never been really back-burnered.  Maybe she thinks a lot of herself and thought she would be the star, but there is no way anyone but Carly or Sam will be the female lead characters on that show, and that is a shame, but an entirely different topic and thread.  So I am not sure why she would jump from GH to YR. 

There has been speculation that it is because of this Dawn of Day cult storyline, but of course that storyline will be wrapped up in no time, so I am not buying that either.

I can only think that she must have been promised some profile, for her to leave GH.  Which is bad news for us.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, bannana said:

One thing, though, I am not sure that MS is a fail on GH, or that she would see her time there as a fail. 

I guess I meant she didn’t get accolades for acting (no Emmys) and she never became a GH fan fave. I think she might have expected to become core, as she was on Y&R. And she was instead one of a batch of newbies being shoved down people’s throats. She knows she’s on show because of Frank what’s his name. And maybe the decision to do the cult story severed their bond.

Regardless of why she left, I’m positive Gina was fired ahead of MS being hired. I think her “replacing” Gina just punctuated the FU that Morina wanted to give Gina. 

And tactically it’s a good move. No one, cough Gina, can start a social media campaign to keep Gina on show without slighting Michelle. Colleagues can’t say much either except “love you lots Gina!! Good luck!” 

Gina was a dead man walking the second Sally’s husband replaced Mal. Everything happening on show points to the character’s end. She’s an outcast. Everyone hates her and she’s not allowed to defend herself or fight back. I thought they were 1. Killing her off or 2. Having her leave town.

And I believe that was the plan until MS came knocking. 

Edited by miamama
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
(edited)

Oh yes let’s pleeeeeeease see this comedic genius on prime time. Lmao

We need to start a new Phyllis thread - a duelling banjos style collection of MS and GT and their ”great acting”
lol
Edited by miamama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3

re Sharon Case and Scientology: AFAIK she is not a member. I know she attended some classes years ago but she’s not a full fledged devotee like MS. MS is the one who threatened the actor who played Katherine’s hubby Murphy when he was leaving the group. 

valley may know more than I do ?

• Love 12

The resemblance continues to amaze me:

628CA01C-CE8D-45B3-9A6F-01E581A3175C.jpe

mstGK0J.jpg

🙄

I dunno, not many soap actors have made a successful leap to primetime. Maybe cable and streaming shows are easier since there's so many of them now. I'm sure GT still has bills to pay so I wish her luck in finding future employment. (Some B&B fans are calling for her to be brought over as Sally's mommy. Meh.)

Speaking of primetime, anyone remember when MS was low-key bragging about having auditioned for a Shonda Rhimes show? I am 98.351% convinced it was the role on Scandal that Portia de Rossi had. Shonda may produce dramas but she is known not to be here for prima donna drama BTS. I bet the gossip about MS' behavior on YR is what killed her shot at the Scandal role.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Oh yes let’s pleeeeeeease see this comedic genius on prime time. Lmao

We need to start a new Phyllis thread - a duelling banjos style collection of MS and GT and their ”great acting”
lol

LOLOL  a pit viper against a demented windmill  🤣

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

GT was NEVER Phyllis for me so, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Now, if we could get Billy Miller back, I'd start watching regularly again. 

Same for me., I am wooot wooot happy LOL

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

Now, if we could get Billy Miller back, I'd start watching regularly again. 

Speaking of which, is BM still trying to break into Primetime? Cuz JFP or no JFP, all that time off from the show was hugely distracting and really cut into the flow of the show. I love him, but I'll be just as happy to see anyone other than JT cast in the part as well. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I have to admit I prefer MS as Phyllis, although I never hated GT as an actress just grew tired of the relentless Philly and the faux romantic comedy bits that Mal Young subjected us to.

Back in the day I sometimes felt like Stafford was bored and was purposefully hamming it up to the nth degree to see how hard she could push it! Her fights and screaming at Diane during the hot second Maura West was on seemed almost like a parody. Sometimes she and Drusilla bickering was almost drag queen level (and I loved it). Yet, her flailing and screaming at Nick during the break up 2010ish really worked for me and I think she served some powerful scenes. It's a fine line. I've said a million times on here that the character of Phyllis is best as a scheming, supporting player and not eating the show. They made that mistake with GT unfortunately.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Some B&B fans are calling for her to be brought over as Sally's mommy. 

FB_IMG_1551293969334.jpg.b9b0678f251616ae61155f8eeb683467.jpg

GOD NO! Isn't Taylor enough crazy for us right now. Just....WHOMST?!

The break into primetime is harder than it used to be, to be sure. In the last 20 years, I can only name Eva Longoria, Justin Hartley and--most bizarrely--Rome Flynn from B&B to have successfully moved into primetime. Oh, and Kim Matula's short-lived sitcom.

But the 80s was off the chain! ATWT especially was a hit machine, and Kate Mulgrew said that she still gets as much recognition as Mary Ryan as she does for Janeway and Red. But these days....idk.i don't hear much about the actors from any of the now canceled shows.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

While my reaction to GT being out is:

tenor.gif?itemid=4096063

My reaction to MS being back in as jazz hands Phyllass is:

giphy.gif

The show did just fine before Phyllis and during the character's hiatus. They should have gotten rid of GT (who I think is the better actress) due to her offscreen antics and left it at that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, CountryGirl said:

They should have gotten rid of GT (who I think is the better actress) due to her offscreen antics and left it at that.

I remember the last time Hunter Tylo left B&B, her last scene was of Taylor storming out of Eric's bedroom in her PJs. Her next scene was months later where she'd gone to Paris and hooked up with Thorne. We all survived  😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:10 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

We need a KMN emoji because that is how I feel. I can’t stand MS’ acteen and smugness. JMHO She is horrible on GH and plays Neener Neeena the same way she portrays Phyllis. Yuck, no fucking thanks. 🤢 My FF finger has terrible arthritis but dammit it all, it’s gonna get a workout. 

Well damn. I take about two day break from the boards and all THIS happens. Well, f*%k me now. This wasn't news I was wanting to hear, nor would I have expected it.

What the hell happened? Why would they do this now?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

re Sharon Case and Scientology: AFAIK she is not a member. I know she attended some classes years ago but she’s not a full fledged devotee like MS. MS is the one who threatened the actor who played Katherine’s hubby Murphy when he was leaving the group. 

valley may know more than I do ?

I read somewhere about four or five years ago that SC had left their membership sometime ago.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

I read somewhere about four or five years ago that SC had left their membership sometime ago.

i read somewhere that if a person just stops attending "meetings" or whatever its called, don't say anything negative about it or broadcast that you did, nothing will happen to you.  they don't call you out because you aren't telling the world you left or why you left.   maybe i saw that on one of lisa remini's show.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, JasonCC said:

I have to admit I prefer MS as Phyllis, although I never hated GT as an actress just grew tired of the relentless Philly and the faux romantic comedy bits that Mal Young subjected us to.

Back in the day I sometimes felt like Stafford was bored and was purposefully hamming it up to the nth degree to see how hard she could push it! Her fights and screaming at Diane during the hot second Maura West was on seemed almost like a parody. Sometimes she and Drusilla bickering was almost drag queen level (and I loved it). Yet, her flailing and screaming at Nick during the break up 2010ish really worked for me and I think she served some powerful scenes. It's a fine line. I've said a million times on here that the character of Phyllis is best as a scheming, supporting player and not eating the show. They made that mistake with GT unfortunately.

I (mostly) agree. I tolerated MS before she started chewing the scenery. She got so campy during the last couple of years of MAB's reign of terror that it was like watching Norma Desmond in her return to Sunset Boulevard. And during the year JFP was in, she was sulkily moping her way along when she was paired back up with Jack. I SERIOUSLY hope and do not want to see her teamed back up with Jack. Put her back with knuckle-dragger Nick and be done with both of them. If they dare to put her back with Billy Nostril that will be the end of this show. But that's just my opinion.

I'm really shocked they actually fired Gina T. That seems like a drastic measure. Granted, she did pimp out Philly on Twitter, but how much of that was her and how much of it was Mal's doing (and the handful of Philly shippers that were probably paid to do it)? I'm wondering if BTS some of the grumblings of the seasoned vets (I'm looking at you Eric) had to do with this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, Toomuchsoap said:

how much of that was her

Lol, all of it? Philly was her preference. In every interview, in every social media exchange, she made that crystal clear. None of that was Mal’s doing....he most likely just agreed. He was not pushing the actors to feel or to do certain things. And at the end of the day, having a particular preference is OK. Nothing is wrong with that. What made it inapproprite was when she would egg on her fans during a period when a writer said Philly was done and Villy was being attempted on-screen. That’s disrespectful to people like Amelia, for one thing.

And, hey, Gina lasted longer than Sally did, who merely stated that a romantic Philly pairing had sailed. That to me was a shocking firing...did she even get a year?

• Love 11
(edited)
23 hours ago, miamama said:

Absolutely agree. Everything I've seen on her social media is self serving. This was no different.

I disagree. I don’t know about her tweets but her Facebook is always nice. And every year on my birthday she sends me a nice private message. 

I’m sorry she’s not a fan favorite but she’s a favorite of mine. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I disagree. I don’t know about her tweets but her Facebook is always nice. And every year on my birthday she sends me a nice private message. 

Oh hey I’m glad she’s nice to you! I did clarify “everything I’ve seen” and no doubt I haven’t seen a lot. 

But nope. I’m not a fan of how she has behaved over the past 2-3 years on social media (Twitter/Instagram) and interviews. I don’t do Facebook. 

• Love 7

If you are going to make your bed by the nostrils, then you gotta lay in it and take the consequences.  GT was doing a fine job as Phyllis when she first came on the show, then she went off the deep end with her obsession with JT and Philly.  Did she really buy that crap that MY was peddling, that she and JT were presenting a master class in rom com and that together and individually they were hot, hot, hot?  'Cause, no and no.  They are good looking people, especially GT, but JT just does not have the bod for shirtless scenes.  The sex scenes were gagworthy, and not in a good way.

If I were ever lucky enough to be on a soap, I'd be careful to never get too invested in any pairing.  And that's the thing.  On any soap, sons, fathers, daughters in law, nieces--anybody can be paired with anybody so long as they are not blood relations.  Jack's brother Billy having an affair with his wife Phyllis is bread and butter storytelling as per soap opera lore.  It's the obnoxiousness that she and MY exhibited that made the whole thing rancid.  I still think MY's mission was to screw up the soap to the point where it could be cancelled.  I expect bringing MS back is an attempt to juice the ratings and probably she'll end up with Nick.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

A blind item on a gossip site seems related to this. But, if I'm reading this right, Y and R is Scientology friendly, and GT is not? This sounds convoluted. 

"This A list daytime actress who is an Emmy winner/nominee was fired from her gig because the show is super cult friendly and our actress wants nothing to do with it."

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2019/04/blind-item-9.html

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Some B&B fans are calling for her to be brought over as Sally's mommy. Meh.)

She'd make a better Morgan who is back to terrorize Ridge, Taylor, and Steffy with a kid she swears is Ridge's. 

Just rehire Gina as a recast Avery Bailey Clark and pair her with nuAdam. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I'l sit at the unpopular table with you.  I know zero about GT, but my take on her pimping put Philly on Twitter is that, in her mind, Philly being popular is what kept her employed, so she tried her ass off to get people invested in it.  I can't help but feel bad for her, and TBH I'd love to see her on B&B.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Ruh roh. I haven't listened to it but apparently a well-known soap podcast is saying that the head of CBS Daytime approached MS and instigated the rehire. Allegedly before GT was hired they were keeping Phyllis in a coma (and the role open) in case MS changed her mind and decided to come back. It was only after MS went to GH that they decided to recast the role. Also allegedly, both JM and PB were vocal BTS in wanting MS back. Oy, get ready for MS/Phyllis to start eating the show again if she thinks she's returning as a conquering hero.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
I've clarified this statement below. Sorry I left it open for possible misinterpretation.
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ruh roh. I haven't listened to it but apparently a well-known soap podcast is saying that the head of CBS Daytime approached MS and instigated the rehire. Allegedly before GT was hired they were keeping Phyllis in a coma (and the role open) in case MS changed her mind and decided to come back. It was only after MS went to GH that they decided to recast the role. Also allegedly, both JM and PB were vocal BTS in wanting MS back. Oy, get ready for MS/Phyllis to start eating the show again if she thinks she's returning as a conquering hero.

Peter lobbied for MS to return?? Lmao Gina pissed him off good. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

A blind item on a gossip site seems related to this. But, if I'm reading this right, Y and R is Scientology friendly, and GT is not? This sounds convoluted. 

"This A list daytime actress who is an Emmy winner/nominee was fired from her gig because the show is super cult friendly and our actress wants nothing to do with it."

Eh CDAN isn't reliable they take other sites material and say its their own the drama is better than what's on screen w/ Y&R though.

• LOL 6

Eh CDAN isn't reliable they take other sites material and say its their own the drama is better than what's on screen w/ Y&R though.

Yeah, I follow that site and I think whoever writes those BIs has an agenda, especially toward certain celebrities. They seem very willing to express other people's gossip and lies as fact. Sometimes it's entertaining but other times it's stunningly malicious with barely veiled racism and sexism. Furthermore, they have a peculiar way of writing which allows their statements to be interpreted in more than one way, I would guess in order to protect themselves legally. If that BI is indeed referencing YR, I think it's about MS instead of GT, and that the site is being deliberately fuzzy about "fired" versus "quit." It sounds to me like GH wanted to be rid of MS, hence the contract negotiations hardball and a cult storyline which they had to have known would be problematic for her. So YR apparently saw an opening with her and took it. GT was likely being shown the door either way.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I’m not into conspiracy theories but I had forgotten about Miscavige on GH. The whole DOD storyline is PC version of Scientology. Ever since it started MS really has been MIA. The timing is too convenient for there not to be some truth to it. Of course, we’ll never know what the true contract story was from either Stafford or Valentini but it’s fun to speculate. LOL!!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Philly being popular is what kept her employed

So, in her mind, she thought linking herself to a newbie recast in JT was better than being in a pairing with PETER? I just can’t buy that. Especially if we’re talking about stability in employment. And I still don’t think Philly were ever super popular. All MO, obvs.

4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Also allegedly, both JM and PB were vocal BTS in wanting MS back

Wouldn’t shock me. GT was probably very vocal on set about her Philly preference and it rubbed co-stars the wrong way. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 11
(edited)

Agreed! Philly wasn't complete taboo for me (having an affair with someone's much younger brother is pure soap, and Phyllis has always had a ho-ish streak) but they wrote it like it was two complete new characters! Sure it was a couple of recent recasts at that point, but having them so giggly and acting like two lovesick strangers thrown into one-another's orbit? Ridiculous. They even destroyed the Chancellor Mansion to make it Billy's love nest for this "new" couple. Reminds me, though, that JFP is who started this mess. MAL and GT just kept it going, to their detriment.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)
44 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I can wholeheartedly believe that JM would lobby for MS to return as they are such BFFs but PB? I find that a bit difficult to swallow after the way MS acted towards him in her last stint. 

This is why I think something must have shifted in MS’s attitude. (And no question her life situation has changed. She’s older and has a second kid. She NEEDS this job.)

And/or it reveals just HOW ridiculously Gina was behaving because Peter was her biggest champion when she first came on, you know, to play *Jack’s* longtime love interest.

And while new pairings happen and should be encouraged to shake things up, Gina recently described Billy as Phyllis’s “soulmate.” (WTF?????) She described the initial butcher block sex scene with JM as forced and the relationship kind of meh and physical only. She said this when Phick was happening ONSCREEN.

She said “oh MS did those other pairings (Phick and Phack) but Jason and I MADE PHILLY!!! WE DID THAT!”

Jason too said “Villy have kids, history, previous actors played that pairing so yeah they’ll have some connection. But oh Gina is AMAZING TO WORK WITH!! And Philly will reconnect. I want Billy to do new things. Philly are apart FOR NOW. How about Billy and Sharon???”

Who behaves this way? Peter and Amelia and Josh are STILL THERE. Just because you have been cast to replace actors they worked with (for years and years) does not mean you get to erase their hard work.

Ego, arrogance etc aside, JT and GT were soooooooooo stupid. How did they think Peter and Josh and Amelia felt hearing/reading this stuff?

They pretty much begged to be fired and replaced by their predecessors, no? I mean if Phack Phick and Villy have a chance. Lol

JT may manage to keep his job but he can’t be feeling secure AT ALL.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 22

Also allegedly, both JM and PB were vocal BTS in wanting MS back.

Quoting myself to clarify what I wrote earlier. I believe the time frame being referred to here is after MS left the last time and before GT was hired. Their wishes were probably part of the reason the role was kept open until MS went to GH. I'm not speculating on how either of them felt recently about the possibility of MS being rehired (or GT being fired). It's possible neither of them knew it was happening and didn't find out until it was a done deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Quoting myself to clarify what I wrote earlier. I believe the time frame being referred to here is after MS left the last time and before GT was hired. Their wishes were probably part of the reason the role was kept open until MS went to GH. I'm not speculating on how either of them felt recently about the possibility of MS being rehired (or GT being fired). It's possible neither of them knew it was happening and didn't find out until it was a done deal.

Lol oh. Let me rethink my post. ...

I’ll leave my earlier post because most of it still stands.

But I’m surprised PB wanted MS back pre-Gina. Interesting. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9
On 3/31/2019 at 5:02 AM, miamama said:

Flashback two years ago: Sally Sussman does an interview saying Philly is done. Storyline made them “unlikeable.” Within 24 hours Gina tweets “people love (heart emoji) Philly” linking an SOD or SID poll that showed support. She proceeded to regularly tweet and retweet Philly stans who said they were the greatest romcom hottest pair EVER and we hate Villy and Phack. (She did this before Sally’s interview but upped the volume now.) This encouraged the Philly stans who openly trashed Sally, Amelia (Villy was happening onscreen) and howled that PB was old and should play Gina’s dad. I was confused at how Gina KEPT pushing Philly on social media (selfies with JT, hashtag #PHILLY, once tweeting a promo of a Villy kiss with a rolling eyes emoji) WHILE HER HW STATED PHILLY IS DEAD. Like wtf is going on, right?

Gina who kept pimping Philly, up to last week. She trashed Phick a few weeks ago (felt “forced with JM”, just physical with Phick).

I've been mystified by this too for a long time. I'm terrible with time, I don't know how many years it's been now, but I think I started following GT around 2015-ish. That's about the time I think I started watching. Loved her and PB, Phyllis and Jack and became a big fan of "Phack." I never knew MS, I started watching the show right around the time of the Marco Annicelli incident wrapping up. GT was the only Phyllis I ever knew, and it was her Phyllis in the hospital room praying for Jack to wake up from his coma. Loved those moments. Fell in love with "Phack," and the two actors and their chemistry. This is why it confused and struck me when GT would promote solely the Philly ship.  What about Phack or Phick? I was thinking "this doesn't look professional" to be taking sides the way she seemed to. I was thinking "what is PB thinking and what is JM thinking?" PB isn't on Twitter from what I understand, but JM is. He, at least, could see the tweets, the Philly promotion and exclusivity of it which didn't seem respectful. Heck, I'm a fan and I was irked. I kept thinking to myself she must be alienating some of her co-stars. But here's the thing: GT comes across as being so nice and sweet, that I wonder if she has some naivete and perhaps didn't quite fully know what she was doing. But then I'd look at some of her tweets that always seemed a bit too pretentious. She'd do this thing where she'd tweet something about "love and light" and compliment Jason Thompson that way or something or other, and I'm thinking... Jason Thompson is a married man. GT is a married woman. And where's the love and light for PB? For JM? It was just too exclusive for me, and didn't seem inclusive of her other co-stars. This is what turned me away from GT. Then Mal Young's reign of terror and it becoming the Gina Hour. It was too much. I kept watching, though, a dedicated, loyal fan, every day. Never missed an episode. I had faith Mal would do right by Jack, because surely he wouldn't take everything away from him and then leave him with nothing, would he? Mal took away Jack's wife, his job, his identity. At least Jack would get his CEO job back eventually, right? I kept the faith, but Mal let us down, and when he was fired, I was surprised and thrilled. It renewed my hope in TPTB. There were times I was going to quit, even had an ultimatum for this year: "if Phyllis is still CEO of Jabot by September, I'm out." LOL Turned out I didn't have to wait too long, and props to you @miamama for calling this, that Josh Griffith would get Jack back in the CEO chair quickly. Your posts have kept me sane, so thank you. 🙂

17 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Early on when I was following GT on Twitter, I had tweeted some complimentary things about Phyllis and GT liked a few of my tweets. The only celebrity that ever liked any of my tweets, so I felt special. I felt somewhat of a kinship with her too because we're the same age and generation (Generation X). I've also listened to GT in interviews and she comes across as very nice and engaging, and she's said lovely things about PB, but the constant Philly promotion alienated me.

12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Also allegedly, both JM and PB were vocal BTS in wanting MS back. Oy, get ready for MS/Phyllis to start eating the show again if she thinks she's returning as a conquering hero.

Wow! This makes me feel somewhat validated in my feelings on this, that maybe PB and JM were seeing what we were seeing, or seeing more than we were seeing. I just kept feeling for them through all of this, and boy, if true then good for them to assert themselves.

• Love 16
19 minutes ago, APSimpson said:

This is why it confused and struck me when GT would promote solely the Philly ship.  What about Phack or Phick? I was thinking "this doesn't look professional" to be taking sides the way she seemed to. I was thinking "what is PB thinking and what is JM thinking?"

when ms and jm were the phick coupling, jm would praise ms as the best thing since sliced bread and that SHE was the reason he was the actor he was giving no credit to sharon case whatsoever.

HOWEVER, to me, jm is not a good actor and when paired with ms phyl it became even more obvious....because, IN MY OPINION, ms is not a good actress, she just steamrolls her way thru scenes...

and please, don't talk to me about her winning emmy's cause i think the daytime emmy's are plain ole bs..it's a popularity contest or something but does not give the awards to those who deserve it.

• Love 20