Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Big Blue Plate said:

You want more Newman family screen time?

I know it's unpopular, but yep, that's exactly what I want.  I actually miss Victor.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I most definitely do not miss victor, nor do I necessarily want MORE Newman family drama. But at this point anything beats the Rosales family. At least the Newmans have history with the other characters. There’s a reason for the animosity between victor and Christine. We’ve seen it on screen over the years.

the Rosales’ have history amongst themselves, all manufactured off-screen before they ever showed up in GC. There’s no connection between them and anyone else. Arturo’s introduction was the best of them IMO. Rey came in with an ulterior motive and lied through his teeth for weeks about who he really was. Mia was brought on (I guess) to cause more  conflict between Rey and Arturo, but we, or at least I, couldn’t have cared less about their family drama because I didn’t know them. 

Lolas intro was good. She was a determined young woman who was going to make a name for herself as a chef. She already owned a food truck and, wait for it, could repair said truck without a man’s help.  She didn’t succumb to kyle’s charms right away and actually made him a better person. Until...

as ive said before, I’m fine with new characters. A show needs them to keep going. But they can’t be self-contained And they can’t drive their own story the minute they show up. That’s always a recipe for disaster..

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
22 minutes ago, miamama said:

He’s cute, young, 10-12 years younger than last two Adams (which Adam should be tbh). 

Reminds me a bit of the actor who played Ricky. 

Yes, he's very handsome. I hope he isn't another waxed Ken doll type.

• Love 12

First off, they really don't like Michael Muhney do they? LOL!!! Secondly, he looks more like Justin Hartley than Michael Muhney and Thirday, he looks way too young for Adam. I guess they Joshua Morrow is getting too old and they need to bring in young Newman's to the fold. In checking his Instagram he's all tatted up.... on the chest. That is something Adam Newman would never do. They should have really gone with with someone a little older and with the name Michael Muhney. Who cares what EB says about it. F him!

• Love 8

I was scrolling through and thought I was seeing that Fen was coming back, then realized this is who they've cast as Adam.

Um, hard pass. I was hoping against hope that they would come to their senses and bring back MM, but seriously, this is the best they can do?

He looks like every frat boy on the planet and that ain't Adam Newman.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I was scrolling through and thought I was seeing that Fen was coming back, then realized this is who they've cast as Adam.

Um, hard pass. I was hoping against hope that they would come to their senses and bring back MM, but seriously, this is the best they can do?

He looks like every frat boy on the planet and that ain't Adam Newman.

Yeah, he looks wrong for the part. I never seen any of his other work but his look is wrong. He's only 32 and JM is now 45 and SC is 48. I think Grossman is way to young for the role. I also thought they'd go with someone more soapy. I don't know who that would be but I was thinking someone from a defunct NYC soap.

• Love 7

Glad to see I'm not the only one who immediately thought this guy is waaaaaaaay too young to play Adam. It's a shame they couldn't find anyone more age appropriate. I don't expect them to rehire MM, at least not while braeden and king are still on the show. Too much bad blood there and no one needs that nonsense on set. But this is just crazy.

As for his tattoos many actors have them. The makeup department simply covers them so you don't even know unless you see the actor in a candid shot away from the show. That's the least of my problems with this recast 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who immediately thought this guy is waaaaaaaay too young to play Adam. It's a shame they couldn't find anyone more age appropriate. I don't expect them to rehire MM, at least not while braeden and king are still on the show. Too much bad blood there and no one needs that nonsense on set. But this is just crazy.

As for his tattoos many actors have them. The makeup department simply covers them so you don't even know unless you see the actor in a candid shot away from the show. That's the least of my problems with this recast 

or, Adam stopped by the tattoo palor after getting "blown up" in the cabin. LOL!!! That said, I really do think he's too young. MM is 43 & JH is 42. I know age doesn't matter in soaps but I do think Adam has always had a mature factor working for him when he was battling Victor and working with Jack. I guess time will tell. Maybe, he'll surprise us all (me) and, be winning Emmy's left & right.

• Love 8
On 3/3/2019 at 6:24 AM, ByTor said:

LOL!  Gotta say, I love how he's been standing up for his castmates lately.

Me too. This is a very unpopular but I love EB. LOL just not brave enough to admit it here.. till now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Adam is considerably younger than his siblings. MM was too old and it changed the character’s trajectory. 

I like that he’s younger. It will change the dynamic between siblings. 

Tats can be covered. JT has many on his arms. They are concealed on show by clothes or makeup.

i hope 1. This guy can act and 2. They give him coherent writing.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, miamama said:

Adam is considerably younger than his siblings. MM was too old and it changed the character’s trajectory.

I completely agree.  Checking out the characters' histories, Adam was born in 1995, Nick in 1988, and Victoria in 1982.  In real life, AH is 46, JM is 45, and Mark Grossman is 32.  JM is too old IRL for Nick, but the age difference between MG & AH is pretty much what it should be between Victoria and Adam.

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I completely agree.  Checking out the characters' histories, Adam was born in 1995, Nick in 1988, and Victoria in 1982.  In real life, AH is 46, JM is 45, and Mark Grossman is 32.  JM is too old IRL for Nick, but the age difference between MG & AH is pretty much what it should be between Victoria and Adam.

Yep. Chris Engen’s Adam was a know it all Harvard upstart who was playing in a league way above him. He was cocky, awkward, made rookie mistakes at Newman, flirted like an adolescent with Phyllis, was easily manipulated by Jack to go after Victor. They started to take him dark, with Heather, then faking blindness. But then MM came and the writing went haywire. He was diabolical and suddenly hooking up with Sharon, thus Nick’s peer. Should never have happened. When he flirted with Phyllis she looked down at him and laughed. Because he was a kid, which is how Sharon should have seen him.

Instead he seemed and acted older than Nick and Victoria. In MM’s last years he was like Jack’s peer (despite saying Jack was like a father). It was way off.

• Love 14

Soooo is this Adam to be a rival for Kyle? Or Devon?  He'd actually be perfect as a foil for Noah.

Also they have to be bringing on someone as a love interest since this actor won't play the same with Sharon. I will guffaw if they try to put him with Mariah as he matches closer in age to her than Sharon at this point.

They already crossed the line having Billy hook up with Phyllis so even though Adam detested Phyllis too, if he's a hit no doubt they'll throw her at him too.

• Love 4

I took one look at his nose and was like noooooooo. 

Yes, I'm shallow 😛 Seriously though, this is not how I picture Adam Newman. 

JH resembled MM in a way that I actually believed he could have been MM with plastic surgery. Maybe similar bone structure? This guy looks like a Ken doll. Meh, we'll see I guess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, miamama said:

When he flirted with Phyllis she looked down at him and laughed. Because he was a kid, which is how Sharon should have seen him.

but a) Sharon was in her town bike phase and b) chemistry is chemistry and Case and Muhney were amazeballs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

but a) Sharon was in her town bike phase and b) chemistry is chemistry and Case and Muhney were amazeballs.

Yeah, the show screwed up majorly having Adam take Faith because they couldn't hand wave that away to allow Shadam to stay together. Those two blew whatever Shick and Phylly purport to have off the screen. You could totally believe that for Adam, Sharon was THE ONE and for Sharon, Nick may have been first love but Adam was a new love and fresh start. Adam was loyal to her in a way Nick had never been. I wouldn't have minded Sharon popping out a baby girl Hope. The issue for Shadam wouldn't be infidelity, IMO, but Adam's constant need to best Victor with the scheming putting the strain on their marriage. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Big Blue Plate said:

But that’s my point. Wrong (aged) actor. Engen’s Adam would not have hooked up with Sharon. He seemed a lot younger.

(As a side point: chemistry is subjective. I thought Shadam was a ludicrous pairing.)

• Love 9

I was watching TV tonight and saw a drug commercial for stomach issues, it’s a young band of 20-ish kids and the lead guitarist looked familiar. I rewound it and I’m pretty sure it was Reed, basically playing Reed in a commercial. So weird...

• Love 7
On 3/25/2019 at 11:23 AM, pearlite said:

Well, I see on Twitter that it's adios, Arrrrrrturrrrrro.

No particular feelings either way--I think the guy needed to pick up a few more acting chops.

I am so glad he is gone. Didn't like this character or the actor for that matter.

• Love 7
On 3/25/2019 at 11:54 AM, boes said:

With any luck he'll be taking Mia with him.

Mia is the only one I like. I want LOLLLLLLLLLLLA gone.. she annoys the fuck out of me and that goon Rey. YUCK

On 3/25/2019 at 12:25 PM, ByaNose said:

Funny! I never thought JC was good looking.

ME either.. like not at all. Too skinny for my tastes.. Same as Jason T. I like thick men LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/25/2019 at 1:03 PM, miamama said:

Did anyone see that obnoxious interview Jason Canela did a month or so ago? When he said (paraphrasing): "I know some fans aren't happy with the Rosales family but they're going to have to suck it up we're not going anywhere..."

lmao.

He clearly doesn't get how soaps work when a new regime comes in.

I did and I guess that is why his firing makes me laugh. LOL he came across as such an asshole.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, spinxella said:

He looks like the actor (who was fired several years ago) from Criminal Minds. I can't remember his name, but he was also on the mid- '90s show Dharma and Greg. They continue to de-age him. Although, he is about the age he should be at this point. He is about three years younger than Nick, no? I remember Nick as a toddler back then.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 2

I don't mind them de-aging Adam, just please don't put him with Sharon or Phyllis. In fact, I think the actress who played Chelsea is too old for this Adam so I hope they don't get her back. Anyway, I'm interested to see how they're going to handle his return.

As for the Rosales', I'm not going to miss Arturo, I never really cared for him in the first place. I don't mind Rey because I'm glad Sharon gets to be with someone new.  If Mia is gone, I will miss her. I know, I know, she's terrible but I've said this before, she reminds me of a young Jill Foster. I think the show could use a good floozy. There are too many society dames. 😁 And I've liked Lola since she started so I'm glad it looks like she's staying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Interesting they’re recasting Nate. So they plan to invest in him. He was just floating in his yoga pants.

The new woman, Elena, is adorable/stunning and looks good with Devon. I haven’t watched them but they are visually a great match.

• Love 9

He bears more than a passing resemblance to Idris Elba, IMO!

With a cup of cream added, if you catch my drift. He is indeed nice to gaze upon. Hope he's a less stiff actor the his predecessor. Oh, and for sure there's going to be some stuff going on between Nate, Elena, and Devon. Maybe Abby will be thrown into the mix too since she's now single and Nate already has Victor's seal of approval.

NuAdam is a little too fashion model-looking for my tastes. He doesn't look to me like someone Hope and Victor's genes would've produced. But yeah, since he's sorta been deSORASed he's probably going to be in the Kyle, Mariah, Summer, Lola, and Ana crowd instead of the Billy, Nick, Sharon, Phyllis, and Victoria set. I'm still predicting though that Adam and Phyllis are going to have a fling. I know back in the day MS seemed to be trying work it that way but MM wasn't having it. It's just been waiting until the right set of actors, IMO.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm still predicting though that Adam and Phyllis are going to have a fling. I know back in the day MS seemed to be trying work it that way but MM wasn't having it.

Ugh, no. Please no. One of Billy's few redeeming qualities was his loathing of Victor and Phyllis and they completely ruined him when they had him go for Phyllis.

They also ruined Ronan with his 'connexion' with Phyllis. RUINED HIM.

Can we please keep Adam as the one man able to resist that harpy? Agreed that MM played disgust veiled with amusement whenever they tried to play his Adam against Phyllis.

Deaging Adam to play in Kyle's area is the only thing I'm interested in since Adam is a surrogate son for Jack in many ways and helped him at his lowest. Kyle having a rival for Jack's attention that's the black sheep Newman gives him someone worthy to play against unlike Fenmore.  But it better not lead to Kyle kissing Victor's butt again.  Kyle needs to fight for Jack not flake out on him again for Victor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, spinxella said:

Tristan Lake Leabu (Reed) in Humira commercial.

Sienna Mercuri (Katie) in Lexus commercial.

Reed looks so cute in that commercial, and Katie is a star!

• Love 7

Well, I’ll say the outfit is a unusual. I hope she took the hat off for the reunion. I think it’s supposed to be a show like they had for Jeannie Cooper. I know that CK doesn’t get along with her so I guess she’ll be reminiscing with BJ & SM mostly. I don’t know who else has a good relationship with VR. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

NuAdam's got a serious lazy eye going on with that left peeper. I've got one too so it's not a slam, just interesting. I wonder if he'll be filmed from the right....

NuNathan is a fine ass drink of water. His face passes my test of whether or not I'd like to sit on it. 😋😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

You know, I started watching regularly again right around the Chris Egan switch to MM for the character of Adam. MM was gold. Having him hook up with a man for covert, diabolical purposes was awesome soap in my opinion. But, I distinctly recall there was an initial scoffing with the recast that he was too old and Victoria/Nick/Adam all suddenly seemed around the same age (back then there was still an appropriate age jump to Abby--we she actually portrayed by Hayley Erin). I thought MM was great, would have loved him back, but if a new recast is the way it's got to be I think de-SORASing him a little bit is fine. As mentioned the Jack/Kyle dynamic will be good/better if he's a little younger. 

All that said regarding age, I do think the characters of Nick and Victoria and Sharon are all meant to be about 4-5 years younger than the actors who portray them (successfully in my view, JM, AH, SC all look pretty good to me.).

I feel like in soaps the trade-off to the teen SORAS is characters stay vaguely in that 35-45 bracket for 20 years. 😉

New Nate is smoking hot! Wow!

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

You know, I started watching regularly again right around the Chris Egan switch to MM for the character of Adam. MM was gold. Having him hook up with a man for covert, diabolical purposes was awesome soap in my opinion. But, I distinctly recall there was an initial scoffing with the recast that he was too old and Victoria/Nick/Adam all suddenly seemed around the same age (back then there was still an appropriate age jump to Abby--we she actually portrayed by Hayley Erin). I thought MM was great, would have loved him back, but if a new recast is the way it's got to be I think de-SORASing him a little bit is fine. As mentioned the Jack/Kyle dynamic will be good/better if he's a little younger. 

All that said regarding age, I do think the characters of Nick and Victoria and Sharon are all meant to be about 4-5 years younger than the actors who portray them (successfully in my view, JM, AH, SC all look pretty good to me.).

I feel like in soaps the trade-off to the teen SORAS is characters stay vaguely in that 35-45 bracket for 20 years. 😉

New Nate is smoking hot! Wow!

NuNate looks like a model but he appears to have some acting creds. That said, I think I only saw old Nate once or twice the whole time he was on the show I don't watch everyday. Usually, on Monday & Fridays. The show moves wayyyy to slow for me. Did Nate interact with any of the younger set?

• Love 3

Did Nate interact with any of the younger set?

Not really but they chem-tested him with almost every available female character. They tried particularly hard to make something happen with Nate and Victoria but it just didn't fly. The actor is just kind of awkward on that front, IMO.

• Love 4

I thought MS was all about the GH family and was friends with the woman of GH. Maybe, Dawn of Day hit too close to home. LOL!!! I’m kind of shocked by it. She must have been offered a boat load of money to return. 

• Love 7