Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I dunno, EB probably thinks he's being clever and cute and there likely aren't a lot of Mal defenders at this point. However, it seems a bit sketchy to me for a German to be openly mocking a Brit based on their nationality, even in jest.

EB = Pricktor Newman.  Neither one gives a shit. 🙃

Edited by bannana
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, bannana said:

EB = Pricktor Newman.  Neither one gives a shit. 🙃

Victor is a sociopath who's probably been in the early stages of dementia for a few years now. Wonder what EB's excuse is? I think it's reasonable not to like someone who allegedly tried to get you fired. Using it as permission to broadcast your bigotry is another story, IMO. 😑

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Victor is a sociopath who's probably been in the early stages of dementia for a few years now. Wonder what EB's excuse is? I think it's reasonable not to like someone who allegedly tried to get you fired. Using it as permission to broadcast your bigotry is another story, IMO. 😑

I am not a fan of either of them, but I am not sure it is bigotry, to mock him as  a Brit.  Maybe it is.  But isn't that what all sports fans do against other cities?  And EB is a big sports fan.  I cannot believe I am defending him. 🙃

• Love 11
13 hours ago, bannana said:

I am not a fan of either of them, but I am not sure it is bigotry, to mock him as  a Brit.  Maybe it is.  But isn't that what all sports fans do against other cities?  And EB is a big sports fan.  I cannot believe I am defending him. 🙃

Except EB wasn't mocking Mal's nationality as a sports fan. Sports rivalries are defended on playing fields and in arenas. One team's opponent doesn't send bombers in to try to destroy their city.

I am not defending Mal, and this discussion is probably going to get dinged for moving off-topic so I'm done. But I continue to be curious how EB feels able to say this kind of stuff with impunity. People could just as easily talk crap about his nationality and claim that they don't give a shit either.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

so, if mal is writing for the next 2 mos.. will phyl be the only one not to go to jail cause she has immunity?

Mal's writing is in effect for the next two months? I thought it was less than a month now. I can't even find words. Will we ever be free of Mal Young?

• Love 7

Mal is like one of those annoying snotgoblins living deep inside Billy’s nostrils. He can feel in there, all juicy and dangling, but he can’t quite hook his fingernail around it. Damned fancy manicure. Ted already spotted him up to his knuckle in fool’s gold once today. Maybe if he just wiggled his nose like that chick in Bewitched, he could propel it into a more favorable extraction position. Yeah, Billy could blow it out, but you don’t waste prime congealed nose nuggets on a kleenex. He needs to fish this one out, examine it, perhaps with a jeweler’s loupe, roll it around with his thumb and forefinger like balled up glue dots, and finally press it to the underside of Phyllis’s CEO desk in a surreptitious manner.

So yeah, it seems like Mal Young will be casting a shadow over the show for a while longer.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, APSimpson said:

Mal's writing is in effect for the next two months? I thought it was less than a month now. I can't even find words. Will we ever be free of Mal Young?

It's like a nightmare. But it usually is a good 3-4 months after a firing that the new HW's work appears. And he was fired mid-Dec. just before they broke for vacation. So the timing is right. I was hoping that JG had more input than usual because he was around, but looks like his full-on work will not start any earlier than others.

In any case for sure there have been tweaks. 

Interesting too that EB said (on Twitter) he was grateful that Steve Kent made an "executive decision a few weeks ago" -- this was in the context of DD coming back but I think he was referring to the axing of Mal. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

J. T., I know you're supposed to be dead, but at least SHAVE before  you come back to us.

Nah, he's rocking that beard. And I don't even really like facial hair but it's working on him. Mmmmm.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Nah, he's rocking that beard. And I don't even really like facial hair but it's working on him. Mmmmm

I thought the exact same thing. I don't normally like the scruff look but he looks great with it. Thad Luckinbill is just getting better looking as he gets older.

So has it been confirmed that he's coming back as an alive JT or is this for some flashbacks?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Desperately Random said:

I thought the exact same thing. I don't normally like the scruff look but he looks great with it. Thad Luckinbill is just getting better looking as he gets older.

So has it been confirmed that he's coming back as an alive JT or is this for some flashbacks?

I believe that teasing tweet is the only info out there.

He might just be visiting Amelia on set! Just kidding. That would be skunky of show to do that.

No doubt we have to watch to find out if JT is alive or if it’s flashbacks (about 5-6 weeks from now).

He really is a nice looking guy. And a solid actor. Would love it if he went recurring.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 14

I swear I just can't get passed losing KSJ. I mean I haven't cried over a soap star since Jeanne Cooper. I haven't even watched the last show he appears on yet or anything. I don't know what my deal is but I am stuck!

I did actually lose a close friend the same week so that may be some of it but DAMN! :-*** 

43 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

ksj's goodbye is in april so I THINK ashley will be back to vote phyl out of ceo/jabot...tracy is back at the same time....keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Yeah, but she's filming March 28 & 29 just in time for April airing. Of course, I don't know anything. That said, I'm glad she's coming back. Even for short stay.

• Love 10
On 2/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, ByaNose said:

Eileen is heading back for a few days. I guess it could be for the Kristoff St. John good bye. It's only 2 days.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-eileen-davidsons-ashley-back-for-a-yr-visit/

I wonder...... pure speculation and I hope it's not right - but what if it's for Dina's funeral?  She hasn't been seen very much and unless Show does some dramatic reversal there's only one way for her story to end......

I hope not.  

Or she could be coming back for Abby's wedding.  Or to lend Mia a turkey baster.  The fact that we are speculating about so many scenarios involving so many characters only accentuates how much poorer the tapestry of the show is without Ashley and the iconic ED.  I have issues with the character, but I'll take one Ashley that annoys me over a Rosales family that I loathe.

• Love 12

Does anyone know who is the highest paid woman on the show? Was it Eileen Davidson before? 

Just curious. I know right when JFP was transitioning out reading PB, EB, JM and Justin Hartley were the highest-paid four men and there was the implication none of the women made as much as they did.