Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Project Reborn

MarkHB

As the clock counts down to the end of the world, Tommy finds himself up against his biggest challenge yet as Erica takes drastic measures to see her plan succeed. Malina tries to fulfill her great-grandmother's prophecy to save the world with the help of Luke and Quentin. Emily and Ren desperately search for Miko. Carlos is faced with a life and death choice.

My name is Tim Kring, and this is Attempt Number Two.

• Love 9

As the clock counts down to the end of the world, Tommy finds himself up against his biggest challenge yet as Erica takes drastic measures to see her plan succeed. Malina tries to fulfill her great-grandmother's prophecy to save the world with the help of Luke and Quentin. Emily and Ren desperately search for Miko. Carlos is faced with a life and death choice.

Once again, Tommy is a time traveler -- all he needs to do is travel forward in time, find out what shenanigans Erica pulls, and then travel back in time to avoid "his biggest challenge yet".  Then again, he's trapped in Evernow, I guess his challenge is to get out of Evernow -- I'm sure Miko will show up once again to free the Master of Time and Space.

Carlos is faced with a life and death choice -- let's see, Farah is dying from a gunshot wound, and Carlos has no powers, so what is his choice exactly ?  Can't he just take her to the Emergency Dept. at any hospital.  Doesn't seem like a big choice.  Or is he going to donate an organ or some such bullshit.

No mention of HRG at all -- which means he will show up in the last 5 minutes of the cliffhanger to nowhere since this has already been canceled.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Once again, Tommy is a time traveler -- all he needs to do is travel forward in time, find out what shenanigans Erica pulls, and then travel back in time to avoid "his biggest challenge yet".  Then again, he's trapped in Evernow, I guess his challenge is to get out of Evernow -- I'm sure Miko will show up once again to free the Master of Time and Space.

The writers once again can't handle a powerful character who could've easily resolved this much sooner so they made this character stupid again.

Carlos is faced with a life and death choice -- let's see, Farah is dying from a gunshot wound, and Carlos has no powers, so what is his choice exactly ?  Can't he just take her to the Emergency Dept. at any hospital.  Doesn't seem like a big choice.  Or is he going to donate an organ or some such bullshit.

Idk, but this character has been a useless waste of screen time especially when you have an end of the world scenario going on already.

No mention of HRG at all -- which means he will show up in the last 5 minutes of the cliffhanger to nowhere since this has already been canceled.

Had to screw over every character from the original series somehow, I guess.

Edited by Free

That was a hot steaming mess! Even after all the shenanigans, we are still left with a mystery. Ugh.

So Nathan was the true master of time and space, huh?

Angela was double talking to the very end. Can't say that I was surprised.

So this is the way that the great Noah HRG Bennett goes out? At least they remembered that he left his glasses behind when Nathan snatched him from the freeway.

So who is the twins' father? AAARGGGH!

• Love 4

That .... was just terrible.  Even if this had been renewed, that would have been a terrible season finale, let alone series finale.

The CGI was particularly awful in multiple scenes.  And just what every final episode needs -- more flashbacks and fun times in Evernow.  FFS !!

What the hell was with Luke ?  Suddenly he can fly ?  And he just flies into the first solar flare and the flare just up and disappears Luke along with it.  How did he even know that would work ?

And why didn't Nathan steal Malina's powers ?  How did Hiro ever agree to that meeting when Nathan and Malina were younger ?  No one in Odessa ever reported a bright blue column of light above the Primatech facility ?  Or did the Haitian mindwipe everyone in town ?

And poor HRG dies without his glasses.

And based on those final scenes, Claire banged some evil Evo like Sylar to produce the twins -- and now the father is coming back.   Dun, dun, dun, dun !!!!

Really hated the Avengers analogy -- if you call them, they will come to save the day.  Fuck off Tim Kring -- why not get an original thought and put it to script instead of ripping off other works.

Apparently all the satellites in orbit are toast -- and conveniently plummeted towards Odessa, Texas.  Because why not ?

I'm glad this show was put out of its misery -- again.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 12

That .... was just terrible.  Even if this had been renewed, that would have been a terrible season finale, let alone series finale.

The CGI was particularly awful in multiple scenes.  And just what every final episode needs -- more flashbacks and fun times in Evernow.  FFS !!

Saved the worst for last and that's saying a lot for the series and pretty much proved the point of why it never should've returned to begin with especially by focusing on the worst aspects of the series.

• Love 5

*pops the champagne and throws confetti* It's over! It's over! I feel like we all need t-shirts saying "I survived Heroes Reborn 2016". 

RIP, HRG. You don't get to wear the t-shirt but you were far better than this shitshow, so it's fair. Y'know, whenever a major character that I love dies in a show, I usually get a little tingle of emotion, a little feeling, but not this time. I felt relieved for him. Because of course the Wonder Twins power would destroy him. He has nothing left to live for, his Claire-Bear is gone and who the fuck cares about Lyle or his fiancée that we saw for two minutes in the first episode. What, Quentin didn't want to sacrifice himself after killing his sister? It had to be HRG?

RIP, Murder!Dad. I called your noble, redeeming sacrifice in a much earlier episode, but I only got it half right since I thought that Tommy!Nathan was going to steal your power and save the world that way. Nope, we needed a reason to see that same Primatech scene over and over and over again. Not quite sorry about it, the only good thing you did was barbecue your estranged wife.

RIP, Phoebe of the Shadows. I cheered when your brother shot you and you went flying out of the clock tower (while also rolling my eyes because it was another thing I had called a few episodes back). You were kinda useless. At least your power looked cool even if it was annoying as hell. 

RIP, Digital Katana Girl 2.0. You were... there, I guess. RIP to the lab tech guy who took it in the chest. Sorry I never bothered to learn your name. RIP Erica. The less said about you, the better.

And what did we learn about our returning Heroes? We have no idea what happened to Hiro, the last time we saw him was his sword stand-off with Harris Prime. We have no idea what happened to Mohinder, the last time we saw him was when he was potentially getting blown up in the parking garage (if that was even him). We have no idea what happened to the Haitian Sensation, the last time we saw him was when he took a bullet to the ear and walked out. We have no idea what happened to Matt, the last time we saw him, he was hanging out ontop of his car. What, saving the world is the only resolution we get? 

And the attempt to set it up for another volume. I laughed so freaking hard over that because I can't imagine they want to bring this back for a third time. Oh, teasing us about Claire's baby daddy? Yeah, guess we'll never learn who that was. I also had a good laugh at Malina going to Union Wells High School, because of course, it always comes back to Claire. 

I liked how they kept Micah at the hospital with all the wounded (oh, and Carlos but how useless was he throughout this entire thing?) because he could probably wander up to a computer, touch it, and pull Tommy out of his "virtual prison" without having to go through all that crap and bad video game scenes. 

RIP, Heroes. It was an interesting ride, but not a very good one. 

• Love 14

RIP, Digital Katana Girl 2.0. You were... there, I guess. RIP to the lab tech guy who took it in the chest. Sorry I never bothered to learn your name. RIP Erica. The less said about you, the better.

Katana Girl was last seen stuck in the Evernow matrix on a world that no longer exists 7957 years in the future.  So how exactly would we ever see her again ?

And what did we learn about our returning Heroes? We have no idea what happened to Hiro, the last time we saw him was his sword stand-off with Harris Prime. We have no idea what happened to Mohinder, the last time we saw him was when he was potentially getting blown up in the parking garage (if that was even him). We have no idea what happened to the Haitian Sensation, the last time we saw him was when he took a bullet to the ear and walked out. We have no idea what happened to Matt, the last time we saw him, he was hanging out ontop of his car. What, saving the world is the only resolution we get? 

And this is particularly bad on the part of the writers -- more abandoned plot threads than you can shake a stick at.  Which is just sad -- so much potential, completely wasted.

• Love 3

I found myself thinking 'The Hand of God' during some of that really, really bad CGI.

So, Nathan was in 2 places at the same time.  What happened to the duplicate?  

As for Luke, I think he was sucking the power of the solar flare so hard that it was like a magnet pulling him up.  I also thought he was sucking in the scene just as much.  Oh Chuck.

RIP HRG.  Please don't get resurrected.  I've come to terms with your death.  Thank you for putting all of us out of our misery.

No one was demanding to know the baby daddy through the run of the series so why would they think we'd care about this mystery?

I'll probably watch a new volume if it comes out.  I'm weak.

• Love 7

They did kind of gloss over that -- because there should be two of him in what could be considered the present.  When he teleported back from the future with all the other people EXCEPT Erica Kravid, they never showed them re-appearing in the present.  So where the hell is the other Nathan/Tommy ?

As for Luke, I think he was sucking the power of the solar flare so hard that it was like a magnet pulling him up.  I also thought he was sucking in the scene just as much.  Oh Chuck.

Not the only thing that sucked about this finale.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

All this reboot accomplished was screwing them over/killing them off original characters.

No one was demanding to know the baby daddy through the run of the series so why would they think we'd care about this mystery?

I didn't even know it was supposed to be a mystery.  Why was anyone supposed to care?

• Love 2

What the hell was with Luke ?  Suddenly he can fly ?  And he just flies into the first solar flare and the flare just up and disappears Luke along with it.  How did he even know that would work ?

And why didn't Nathan steal Malina's powers ?  How did Hiro ever agree to that meeting when Nathan and Malina were younger ?  No one in Odessa ever reported a bright blue column of light above the Primatech facility ?  Or did the Haitian mindwipe everyone in town ?

Luke flying into the solar flare made me think of Peter Petrelli as the exploding man flying off into the sunset (okay, night sky but sunset sounds better) only to be caught in the manly arms of his brother. They did it better the first time around, even if it did lead to the Peter in Ireland scenes.

The twins touching, though. I can accept that maybe because they're twins, they create a reaction between them rather than Tommy!Nathan stealing her powers but after HRG died and he was touching her, I kept wondering why there were no light show happening. Maybe it's only skin to skin to cause the reaction? It'll never happen again because it was just a plot device that they don't need anymore? Who the hell knows.

Katana Girl was last seen stuck in the Evernow matrix on a world that no longer exists 7957 years in the future.  So how exactly would we ever see her again ?

I never thought of that. She wasn't wearing a watch, was she? Unless this is Digital Katana Girl 3.0 and we were going to learn that in the next volume (I doubt it).

I'll probably watch a new volume if it comes out.  I'm weak.

Oh, I'm so in if they do it again. It won't stop me from bitching about how badly they're doing it, but I will totally watch another run. I don't think it'll happen, though.

There was a blink and you miss it moment back in the present, after the other Tommy!Nathan teleported everyone back, where he looked like he got pushed back by an invisible hand. I assumed that it was his doppleganger going back into him. 

• Love 1

So much fail!

Where to begin?

OK, so Videogame Designer Man is freed. Can't he, you know...instantly free Tommy immediately? It's his frakking videogame!

Angela knew that there needed to be someone to act as a conduit between the twins (let's say) five to eight years prior to Odessa. She even apparently knew it was supposed to be HRG. But she never bothers to tell anyone what's up. Niiice!

How is it possible that not a single Heroes Reborn character was the least bit interesting?

But even so, there should be some closure for each of them. Nothing at all about Taylor, Parkman, the Haitians, etc.

Erica, why the hell would you mwa-ha-ha-ha about Tommy and the dilemma he's in? Just put a GD bullet in his brain, if that's what you are going to do. 

So are there two Tommys running around the time stream now?

I thought Tommy would save the day by duping Luke's power and stopping the second flare. Oh well. 

Phoebe, other than prompting your brother to shoot you, what is the point of trying to grab Malina and dangle her for what seems forever? If you want her dead, just kill her. 

How do the G-men that Quentin is talking to even know what happened to cause the world to be saved? 

• Love 3

I'm so glad it's over...

Of course everyone is acting like they have serious brain damage.

Malina forgets she has wind power ? serious what is her power ? wind ? during her struggle with Quentin to stop Fire guy from whatevering. What I found funny was that Fire Guy used his element to fly and Malina never tried doing that ? Wind would be useful for flying up a clock tower instead of walking up a bajillion steps.

Erica acts like Tommy could only travel back in time completely forgetting that he could teleport behind her at any second and teleport her into a volcano if he felt like it. He can teleport and manipulate time so he could freeze time then teleport everyone out.

It's a shame that the worst thing that happened to Erica is that she's only erased from a future timeline. Seriously she deserved so much more karmic retribution for all the torture and enslavement and murder of evo's. No one even bitch slapped her. Or gave her so much as a paper cut the entire series.

As for HRG being sacrificed I kept wondering why they didn't use the Nathan duplicate since if he was a past version or a duplicate... or whatever he was kind of surplus to requirements anyway. Also why did they need a living person to act as a conduit ? How does that even make any sense?

*sigh*

Did I mention I'm glad this show is over. 

I was amused when Miko's father stabbed that lab guy. Though I did wonder why he ever trusted these people at all.

More importantly why was Phoebe so stupid ? Did she not see the other 50 EVO's locked in the basement? I thought she was in college? Shouldn't she have a few brain cells to rub together to realise that the woman that callously murdered 3000 people for no real reason might not be someone trustworthy?

UGH... Why did I torture myself with this show. At least they murdered most of the original characters so there's no reason to see this show again even if they did bring it back.

After what they did with Hiro... I just can't deal with this stupidity any more.

• Love 7

UGH... Why did I torture myself with this show. At least they murdered most of the original characters so there's no reason to see this show again even if they did bring it back.

There's a reason why many of them didn't want to come back, especially since all of the original characters got screwed over.

How is it possible that not a single Heroes Reborn character was the least bit interesting?

But even so, there should be some closure for each of them. Nothing at all about Taylor, Parkman, the Haitians, etc.

The characters were poorly written, bland, and/or are uninteresting.  They could've easily resolved their contrived problems at any time and yet chose to overcomplicate things for no good reason.  Erica and Phoebe I guess, were terrible villains in the worst way, generic uninteresting evil villains just for the sake of it.  Even at its worst, the original series had semi interesting villains who were wasted by the writing.

After seeing the finale, I can hands down say Heroes Reborn is even worse than the original series' missteps and mistakes.

• Love 4

I agree with what was said earlier.  Even if that hadn't been a series finale, it still would have been an awful and anti-climatic season finale.

Tim Kring gets a second chance and seemingly learns nothing from his prior mistakes?

I think bringing back the old Heroes characters was a mistake and their resolutions were all terrible.  Then you had useless characters like Carlos added into the mix.

I think I'm more upset with myself for allowing myself to be suckered in once again by this show.  The legacy of Heroes will always be an amazing first season followed up by years of crap.

• Love 2

So, out of the characters from the original series, we have:

Claire- Dead after getting impregnated by a possibly evil evo.

Molly- Dead

HRG- Dead

Hiro- Dead or missing.

Mohinder- I don't even know. Did we even see the real Mohinder? Who the hell was narrating this piece of trash? If he's alive, is he still considered a terrorist or did Micah's video fix things for him?

Micah- Could have fixed the whole thing in seconds by stopping the Gateway program and preventing Erica from taking everyone to the future. He also could have easily freed Tommy. Did he just go back home after all this?

Parkman- In a flipped over car somewhere after going stupidly evil.

Haitian- Possibly still following Parkman's orders and wandering around? Or would the control have stopped eventually?

Angela- Still a little shady but with better hair now that she's out of hiding. 

Also, did Carlos' nephew use his ability to get the bullet out of Invisible Girl? Pretty sure she would still need to be stitched up after that.

• Love 3

Hate watching over!  That was an awful end to a fairly bad season.  So much potential they wasted.

Let's see.  We had pointless scenes in the video game.  And then more pointless scenes in the video game.  And flashbacks that let a couple of original characters earn a paycheck for the week, but was really just the writers pulling the magic plot solution out of their asses.  HRG got a heroic sacrifice that came out of nowhere after missing for a few weeks but let the producers steal Doctor Who's regeneration visual effects.  Also 2 Tommies for some reason until there was only 1.  Oh and scenes at the hospital wit characters that were barely on the show and made even less of an impression.

And the solar flare is dealt with by 2 characters using their powers.  A surprisingly sudden end to a season-spanning threat.  But why start developing the threat or villain at any point in the season?

Oh and what seemed like 30 minutes of commercials.

I'll admit I laughed when Erica used the "Peter's Irish girlfriend" gambit on Tommy, and then Tommy pulled the same gambit to erase her from history.  Except of all the characters on the show, she was the only person to even attempt to deal with the solar flare until the final 10 minutes.  So procrastinating heroes are better than planning villains?

• Love 3

I'm glad it's over and done. No guess as to who's the father of the twins and I'm not going to waist time thinking about it.

The twins saving the world and needing a conduit to do so is a complete ripoff of "The Fifth Element". I'm pretty sure Bruce and Milla would agree.

• Love 2

And thus it ends, both in a bang and a whimper. We've solved the HELE event, but still have a bunch of unsolved issues that are pointless. I'm hoping that this is the final nail in the coffin. I think there is no greater justice than to have Erica marooned in the future like Peter's Irish girlfriend.

• Love 2

But why start developing the threat or villain at any point in the season?

Besides a contrived backstory dump in the penultimate episode that's made pointless in the finale anyways, just a generic villain going through the motions.

Well that was terrible, and made absolutely no sense.

On the plus side I can actually appreciate Season 4 of the original run a little more. Cause as bad as it was, it wasn't THAT awful.

Even boring Season 4 had a semi interesting villain before he got completely wasted.

It was good to have confirmation that Erica didn't even care about the end of the world or saving civilization since she threatened Tommy with the death of his girlfriend and surrogate mother in order to stop him from saving the world. 

So all along she knew it was a possibility that the solar flare catastrophe could be avoided and she simply chose to use it as an excuse to create her own little kingdom in the future so she didn't need to deal with any evos ever again. Presumably she would have had Harris killed or locked up if he didn't die through his own incredible stupidity. 

Whatever justifications she used to get people to follow her were obviously empty like the rest of her. 

Is it bad that I don't think HRG is dead? I just have this feeling that Tommy went back, grabbed the rape doctor and had him heal HRG.

I know he shouldn't know about him, but I feel the writing was so bad that we can't know if someone is dead unless they're onscreen obliterated. Like fire guy and his wife.

I can't figure out why 2 soldiers, Micah, and a kid decided to play doctor instead of doing anything else. They left Micah out of the epilogue too.

I can see a webcomic as a follow-up. There was a cliffhanger, but I'm firmly in camp who cares on the twin's dad.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed the finale and liked the miniseries as a whole. I never thought we would get a continuation of Heroes and honestly I liked it better than most of season 4.  I hoped for a more direct continuation than we ultimately got but I appreciate the lengths they went to including just about as many of the old characters as they could in some fashion.

The only new character I really warmed up to was Nathan.  It was nice finally seeing him with his memories back at the end.  He was totally believable as someone raised by Hiro with the benefit of a lifetime of training.

I agree the circumstances that led to Noah's death were very contrived.  I rewatched Heroes over the Christmas hiatus for the first time since it ended and he became my favorite character so that's disappointing.  Also, I wasn't happy with his character being "dumbed down" this season for lack of a better term.  I doubt we will ever see another continuation of Heroes though so at least he got some kind of ending?

I just wish they hadn't gambled on getting renewed and ending with a cliffhanger.  For a second I almost forgot it was canceled and had hopes season two would be better.  They really made sure to leave every returning characters fate except for Noah (and most likely Claire) ambiguous enough they could return.  I think I'm going to imagine that Sylar was the father as improbable as that is.

I have nothing to add to the train wreck this show was. I am baffled at how Kring learned absolutely nothing from the first run. I am even more baffled why I learned absolutely nothing halfway through the second run but yet continued to watch.

• Love 5

Sticking to my plan that if some how there's another season, I'm not watching.  This show is such a complete mess, no rules except whatever the hell the writers want to write.  No continuity, no explanation of how the powers work or how people learn to do different things with them, no resolution of many threads, etc.  So I'm done.

• Love 2

Angela- Still a little shady but with better hair now that she's out of hiding.

Uh, yeah what's up with that? Angela went back in time with Hiro and raised Malina for 16 (?) years so the last time we saw her she was a lot older. Yet at the end of this episode, she's picking Malina up from school and she looks the same as she did 16 years ago. Did she find someone with rejuvenation super powers?

I never understood Tommy/Nathan "stealing" Claire's or Hiro's powers, either. Peter could copy anyone's powers if he touched them, but he didn't rob them of their power. Did Tommy/Nathan have a more severe version of Peter's ability? Seems like that should have made him more of a Silar-type villain than a hero, y'know? And yeah, maybe there's some kind of exception for his twin sister but how was he to know that? Wouldn't he worry if he touched her he'd steal her power and leave her without one?

This whole thing was such a mess and the cliff-hanger about Tommy and Malina's father was lame. I'm guessing we're meant to think it might be Silar but God bless Zachary Quinto for staying the hell away from this mess.

• Love 2

I never understood Tommy/Nathan "stealing" Claire's or Hiro's powers, either. Peter could copy anyone's powers if he touched them, but he didn't rob them of their power. Did Tommy/Nathan have a more severe version of Peter's ability? Seems like that should have made him more of a Silar-type villain than a hero, y'know? And yeah, maybe there's some kind of exception for his twin sister but how was he to know that? Wouldn't he worry if he touched her he'd steal her power and leave her without one?

Tommy has a form of his Great Grandfather Arthur Petrelli's (Peter and Nathan Sr.'s Dad) ability. Arthur Petelli could steal powers with physical contact. But while Arthur could hold multiple abilities at once it seems like Tommy can only hold one at a time (e.g. he lost Claire's regeneration, when he stole Hiro's space-time manipulation).

There was no exception for Melina, Tommy's power simply matured as he grew. When he was a baby he'd just steal any powers he came into contact with automatically, that's why they had to be separated, because they were worried if they grew up together he'd steal Melina's ability accidentally.

Once he trained his power he wouldn't do it automatically, he'd need to consciously trigger it. That's why Angela could bring them together later on to test their powers.

I have no idea why his power didn't revert to "auto steal" when he lost his memories. I would say that maybe he didn't touch any evo's in that time but it's probably just a plot hole.

Edited by Maximum Taco

I think that Papa Petrelli drained people's powers when he copied them, but it was a temporary thing. I don't have a problem with Tommy also having a drain effect, even a permanent one. It does seem a stretch to believe that Tommy could drain Claire's healing and on top of that mere childbirth at a hospital would kill Claire.

Tommy relived the memory of Angela having Tommy and Malina touch and so I guess he knew that it wouldn't rob her of her powers but would do some sort of biofeedback thing.

Anyone find it amusing to think of Nathan of sitting in the womb with his twin sister and somehow managing not to drain his sister or his mother of their powers the entire time but somehow drained his mother of her powers on the way out?

• Love 2

Yes, I mean, it's just a show and we should really just relax, but it's been bugging me too that there ain't much space in utero.

Although I'm kind of equally horrified and amused by the ridiculous idea of Nathan stealing Claire's powers mid birth-canal, I guess we have to assume that the twins' amniotic sacs separated them enough and that Claire probably lost her powers a few months into pregnancy and just assumed it was an unfortunate, temporary side-effect.

Or - more likely - that the writers just didn't think or care about any of this, much as they didn't seem to care about.... well, any of it.

And after watching this episode, all I have to say is - the feeling is mutual.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 2

And ... we have a WINNAH!

So who is the twins' father? AAARGGGH!

So much potential wasted. So much exposition dumped into the last two episodes! So many fundamental errors of story construction and logic. Why do I even remotely care who fathered the twins.

I guess if you can be in two places at once, the story you're in doesn't have to make sense.

• Love 2

And yeah, maybe there's some kind of exception for his twin sister but how was he to know that? Wouldn't he worry if he touched her he'd steal her power and leave her without one?

Didn't they separate the twins as babies because t hey were afraid Tommy would accidentally his sister's power? So why bring them back together to test how they could

Did we find out what happened to Hiro and I missed it? He lost his powers, spent 15 years in the past, and then just vanished because it was supposed to help save the world? I thought he would show up again after everyone was safe, but apparently not?

It sucks that they killed off all the original characters and saved the boring new ones.

I think that Papa Petrelli drained people's powers when he copied them, but it was a temporary thing. I don't have a problem with Tommy also having a drain effect, even a permanent one. It does seem a stretch to believe that Tommy could drain Claire's healing and on top of that mere childbirth at a hospital would kill Claire.

Tommy relived the memory of Angela having Tommy and Malina touch and so I guess he knew that it wouldn't rob her of her powers but would do some sort of biofeedback thing.

Actually, I believe Arthur took powers away permanently... that's how Kensei died, and he also took away Maya's black tears of death power.  I think he messed with Peter's power as well (i.e., he nerfed his son on behalf of the writers).

Why, oh why didn't Tommy!Nathan drag Erika back to be their "conduit?" Forcing her to save the world would have been poetic.

I only finished this mess because I'm a completionist, so it has been mostly background noise lately. But they did get a hearty "fuck you, show" from me when I realized who Tommy was going to go get. You deserved better, HRG!

• Love 3

That just came totally out of nowhere.  "I can shoot flames out of my hands.  That obviously means I can fly up and absorb the flare!"

RIP Erica. The less said about you, the better.

What the hell was that at the end?  Did Luke, Malina, Nathan and Noah push the solar flares 7926 (or whatever) years into the future?  It would have been much more fun to just leave her, all alone, in the future.

What the hell was that at the end?  Did Luke, Malina, Nathan and Noah push the solar flares 7926 (or whatever) years into the future?  It would have been much more fun to just leave her, all alone, in the future.

It looked like they formed a tight protective shield around the planet to protect it as the CME passed by.  And for some reason, after the CME passed, there was a brief glimpse of the Gateway complex 7957 years for now as it winked out of existence -- except of course that world never existed after the CME passed (damn you alternative timelines) so why even show it.

Funny thing -- there was absolutely no mention of the magnetic poles reversing, or the effect that would have on a lot of things.  Every satellite in orbit was incinerated, so those will take a long time to replace (bye, bye Hubble) and there was no mention of what effect the CME would have had on the moon.  Because the moon didn't get a shield courtesy of the twins and HRG.

I still don't get how the twins even knew that: a) they could form a protective shield around the planet in the first place, and b) that it would work.  It's not like they practiced.  Sure Malina had previously been shown manipulating the Northern Lights and designing them into funky patterns (as well as manipulating bees, water, and thunderstorms), but that's not even close to the same magnitude or complexity dealing with the CME.

• Love 1

I only finished this mess because I'm a completionist, so it has been mostly background noise lately.

Love the term. I've always been one too. But this show made me change my ways. After the break, I watched maybe 20 minutes of the show, fast forwarded, and took it off of my DVR list. Reading the forum has given me enough to feel I've completed the series. I've often thought the writing teams of some shows (this one, Sleepy Hollow, among others) could have benefited by having some of you on staff.
  • Love 2

Sad that HRG is dead.  Sad that the series is over. I'd love to see this new generation in action some more. But alas, it is not to be. I liked that these last few eps were Tommy's story, essentially, but then again I like Robbie Kay.

I guess I never really thought about this "reboot" being all about the past seasons/character, but more about propelling the story forward and introducing us to new characters and situations.  It did that for me.  I am now invested in the new characters.  So more of a continuation than a reboot.  They brought in some of the old faces to help draw the prior audience, but it wasn't really about them.  It's about the new characters.

• Love 4

It's sad that we could sit down and put more thought into this show than the creator/team of writers did.  

And they had years this time around to think about it.

• Love 1

It looked like they formed a tight protective shield around the planet to protect it as the CME passed by.  And for some reason, after the CME passed, there was a brief glimpse of the Gateway complex 7957 years for now as it winked out of existence -- except of course that world never existed after the CME passed (damn you alternative timelines) so why even show it.

Simply to emphasize that Erica was eradicated.

• Love 2

Well, it's finally over.  I honestly don't think I have much to post about this episode, because, as expected, it just went out with a whimper.

Well, they did give us two "big deaths" of Noah and Luke a.k.a. the ones played by the top billed stars, who probably really didn't want to be committed to anymore of this dreck.  I really think both Jack Coleman and Zachary Levi looked relieved when it was their time to exit stage left.  Good for you, guys!  Sure, Luke never became interesting and it sucks that Noah had to go out in an anti-climatic fashion, but whatever.  I hope the next gig is better!

I guess Erica died too, but that was to be expected.  Still a boring villain, whose downfall was mainly the olden, but golden "Give crappy monologue, instead of just finish the heroes off" mistake, that has taken so many before her.

Katana Girl is dead, but now Ren is bonding with the real Miko, I guess.  Yay?

Micah, Iron Man-lite, and Farah really did do much in this episode.  Really, they didn't end up adding that much to the overall arc.

Tommy ends up being the big damn hero and savior.  Although, I guess he is now officially going by Nathan now.

So, had this gotten another season, it would have been about Nathan and Malina's father, who I guess is an evil Evo.  I so think it would have been Sylar.  It would have been horrible, but they would have totally did it.  Like Claire and Sylar got drunk, and had an one night stand.

Anyway, that was a waste.  I know I really have only myself to blame since the original series dropped in quality season after season, but I really thought being only thirteen episodes would help them tell a coherent story and focus on developing the new characters.  I was wrong.  I usually don't automatically assume the worse about showrunners/writers, but I'm really thinking that Tim Kring is a hack, and it was probably other people that were responsible for what did work during Heroes' run.

• Love 2

So, had this gotten another season, it would have been about Nathan and Malina's father, who I guess is an evil Evo.  I so think it would have been Sylar.  It would have been horrible, but they would have totally did it.  Like Claire and Sylar got drunk, and had an one night stand.

That must have been a hilarious conversation in the bar when they met up. "Hey, so you remember that time I sliced your head open like a cantaloupe and fondled your brain?" "Yeah, good times. Wanna go have sex?" 

• Love 1

Wasn't it revealed in the original heroes that syler is Nathan and peters brother? Which would make him clairs uncle... so either there's something gross going on or he isn't the dad. But I'm pretty sure it turned out he is her uncle

• Love 1