Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

Admittedly, I haven't watched a ton of Parvati's post-boot interviews, but I have to say she did not impress me. 

I generally think Parvati is a more interesting person than a Survivor player, and in her initial application correctly identified the show she'd be most interesting on (TAR).  She did Around the World for free when CBS was still doing that and was pretty interesting on it.

If they're filming back to back seasons, he's out of country what, 3 months a year?  Bit of a stretch but not insurmountable (unless you're one of the players who has a breakdown seeing their brother after 3 weeks).  I think Peachy's always had a rep for being a bit of a player but I'm sure that wouldn't have anything to do with him not being able to maintain a relationship.

• Love 1
(edited)

If they're filming back to back seasons, he's out of country what, 3 months a year?  Bit of a stretch but not insurmountable (unless you're one of the players who has a breakdown seeing their brother after 3 weeks).  I think Peachy's always had a rep for being a bit of a player but I'm sure that wouldn't have anything to do with him not being able to maintain a relationship.

Probst is married. During his RHAP interview he did during Philippines he talked about his stepkids and his wife visiting him on set. Julie Berry visited him while they were dating that's why she is ineligible to play again. They only started filming back to back since Samoa.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

Danni was kind of boring on the show.  I liked her, and would love seeing her return some day, but I think her problem was being surrounded by louder and more colorful personalities.  She kind of slunk into the background.  However, that's the very thing that I believe led her to victory over Stephenie.  At the time, IIRC, she had a gig hosting on the radio for sports casting.  Plus, she was a former beauty queen and spokes model.  So it is possible with her background they might have thought she met the qualifications.  Don't know if she would have been as cutthroat as Jeff can be, but she probably would have been a very kind and compassionate host.

I would love to see Danni again. I thought she was the awesomest, and my favorite winner (until The Spradlin came along).  I loved that she didn't get weepy during the family visit that she played stupidly, then helped oust Judd that same episode. "Bye, guys. Hope you all get bit by a freakin' crocodile. Scumbags."

But she hasn't darkened Survivor's door in the 20 seasons since then, has she? She's got a four-year-old and an eight-year-old now too.

I think Parvarti would accept the job before the offer was completely out of Burnett's mouth.

• Love 1

I would LOVE to see Danni again. Her original tribe decimated and she works her butt off to win challenges when she needed too and went on to win the whole thing. All the while staying a big sweetheart.

I really want to see Kim again. See how she would play with castaways that saw how much she just dominated her rookie season.

• Love 1

Tyler had auctions going on on ebay for charity.  He was auctioning off a bunch of Joe's clothes that he raided from his closet, and also spots in certain cities for people to host Survivor parties.  He, Mike, Sierra, Joe, and I think Jenn are driving from Boston to Orlando for another charity event (there might be more taking this trip, too).  It sounded like they were having some issues at first getting transportation (I saw them giving shout outs to companies asking for help) but Budget apparently came through for them.

Budget rents RVs?

I don't think so.  It sounded like the RV plan wasn't happening and they needed a new transportation option.  They say they'll be tweeting along the way so I guess we'll see.  Maybe the budget rental was for something for different.

Survivor's Jon Misch and Jaclyn Schultz Are Married!

jon-misch-2-800.jpg

jon-misch-435.jpg

When we last saw Jon Misch and Jaclyn Schultz, they were competing on Survivor: San Juan del Sur. They both did well – he ended up in sixth place, and she was the season's runner-up. (It was a Blood vs. Water season, so Misch and Schultz were already dating when they competed.)

Their love clearly survived Survivor: Misch and Schultz were wed in a traditional ceremony in Detroit on Sunday.

They exchanged their vows at the Shrine Chapel in the suburb of Orchard Lake, and Schultz tells PEOPLE that she found the perfect dress for her big day. "It's a Pnina Tornai from Kleinfeld," she says. "It has long lace sleeves fitted to my body with a train. It's a mixture of lace and silk."

Misch opted for a black tux with black bow tie. "We decided to go really traditional," he tells PEOPLE. "My groomsmen are wearing the same tuxes. The only difference is that my boutonniere is bigger than theirs."

Speaking of the wedding attendants, the couple decided to go big for the event, which was photographed by Manstrom Photography. There were 10 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen. (One bridesmaid walked down the aisle with two groomsmen.) The bridesmaids wore blush pink dresses. 

The reception was held at the Colony Club in Detroit, an ornate 1930s building that was one of the women's clubs in the area.

The couple even chose a traditional menu. "Guests had an option of either filet, salmon or an eggplant parmesan," Schultz says.

The five-tiered cake had a draping of real flowers. "The top level is red velvet," says Misch. "And the other layers are chocolate or vanilla. Our monogram is on the top of the cake."

Misch also presented his new wife with a surprise on the wedding day. He had originally bought her diamond earrings, but gave them to her early. ("She was having a bad day," he says, "so I gave the earrings to her.")

With the diamond earrings gone, he bought a Tiffany necklace with interlocking rings to give her on the morning of their nuptials.

Many of the couple's Survivor castmates attended the ceremony, including the season's winner, Natalie Anderson. "Our cast has become really close," Schultz told PEOPLE the week before the wedding. 

Misch and Schultz are spending a tw-week honeymoon in Greece before returning to their lives in Michigan. Misch is studying to be a dentist, and Schultz is preparing to take the Law School Admissions Test.

"We're really looking forward to starting our life together," says Misch. "This is a great beginning."

• Love 6

I also add my congratulations and best wishes.  Thinking about Jon and Jaclyn on Survivor, my guess is they did better as a team than either one would have alone.  Jaclyn was much more strategic, with a keener sense for what was really going on, but not very social.  Jon was real social, but a dreamer when it came to understanding the other players.  Their strengths complimented each other beautifully, and overcame the weaknesses they had as individuals. 

Sounds like a good prescription for success in their lives together moving forward!

• Love 4

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/08/26/survivor-host-jeff-probst-aligns-or-maligns-the-second-chance-cast/

Here's an article on who Jeff would align or malign with from this seasons cast.  Kind of interesting his reasons for not picking some people.  I disagree with him thinking PG is annoying, and no surprise I disagree with his glowing praise of Ciera (I just find her so overrated).  No surprise that of the 8 people he could pick to align with, 5 were men.  He didn't include Terry, though.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/26/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-video-shane-powers

And the second chancers on who their biggest surprise was at not making the cut (Shane and Teresa seemed to be popular choices).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

To be fair, Jeff didn't say that he found Peih Gee annoying, only that she would annoy others out there. From what I can remember about China, that's accurate. I really liked her, but I think her tribe, especially after the shuffle, was over her. Same with Shirin. Even if I ignore Will and Dan entirely (because they're shit and their thoughts and opinions should always be discounted to zero) and Tyler and Carolyn by about 75%, Shirin did annoy her tribemates. I actually kind of like that Jeff wants to get away from people who are annoying instead of being egotistical enough to think he's good enough to keep them as goats; it takes skill to protect a goat without becoming a target yourself. Boston Rob and Parvati were able to do it, but Sherry from FvF2 was a dismal and hilarious failure at it.

That said,

Savage…align. Like Dietz he’s very good physically, very good strategically. And, I think I could take him out before he took me out.

No no for the millionth time NO. In no universe is Savage "very good strategically." Strategically, Savage was an idiot, and I will never understand why Jeff thinks otherwise. I'm willing to change my mind about him if he's less stupid this time around, but since he still to this day thinks he only lost because he got screwed over by the Outcast twist, I don't expect that will happen.

It will be interesting to see if both Deitz & Savage make the merge and work together. They are sort of similar but not. I liked the whole rivalry that Terry had with Sara's whereas a lot of people thought he was obnoxious. Savage thought he had it all figured out (maybe, he did) but then the dumb Outcast (and, Lil) killed his game. Who will outlast whom first? I'm really looking forward to seeing it play out. That's said, their cast photos were interesting. Terry looks to be in good shape and I think he may have added weight for the game. Savage looked good with his sort of man boobs and (very) low riding swimming trunks. This was before the game and he was already showing way too much um, hair and it wasn't on his chest!!! Please pull up your trunks, Savage! LOL!!!!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-video

And this is who everyone was surprised made it.  Monica, Savage, Woo, Keith, and Kimmi got mentioned the most.  Kimmi and Savage more so for being pre-merge boots in seasons way back, Monica for not making an impression.  I think Woo and Keith being mentioned speaks for itself.

The more I hear/see of Monica and Woo, the more I feel like neither of them has any clue and are going to do absolutely horrible.  Woo doesn't strike me as the type that will have anyone wanting to align with him, and I think Monica is going to overplay her hand, make promises to everyone, get found out, and get sent packing.

Edited by LadyChatts

Keith doesn't seem to know much about Survivor.  Some of the people he said he was surprised made it because he didn't know anything about were odd.  Like Fishbach.  

I'm surprised that nobody on S31 mentioned Peih-Gee as a surprising inclusion, given that she seemed like a bubble candidate, though I do like her.

I can't be objective enough to see her as a bubble candidate, even if I make the casual/superfan distinction. She was a huge character in China and had a dynamic edit. She was definitely a shoe-in on superfan's ballots and is probably recent and memorable enough to have gotten filler votes from the casual fans. My guess is that she ended up 5th or 6th among the women.

• Love 1

I can't be objective enough to see her as a bubble candidate, even if I make the casual/superfan distinction. She was a huge character in China and had a dynamic edit. She was definitely a shoe-in on superfan's ballots and is probably recent and memorable enough to have gotten filler votes from the casual fans. My guess is that she ended up 5th or 6th among the women.

I agree.  I mean besides Kelly Wiglesworth, Peih-Gee was the woman who I wanted to see come back the most.  Mainly because I enjoyed her on China and I thought if she could improve her social game this time around she would be a legit threat to win the show.

• Love 2

Peih-Gee surprised herself by getting voted back on.  She said when Jeff got to her row and said only one of the 3 of those ladies made it, she thought for sure she was out.  I had her as a bubbler.  China is an underrated season (imo) but PG is one of the better known personalities to come out of it.  However, given who she was up against, I thought she might get lost in the shuffle of the nostalgic first seasoners, and the recency bias.  I am very happy she made it, and hopeful she makes it extremely far.  PG, Kelly Wigles, Kimmi, and Tasha were the ladies I wanted to see most. 

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/30/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-cast-shameless

Here the Survivors admit the most shameless things they did to campaign for votes.  Most of these weren't really anything major, just social media and podcasts.  Quite a few people needed help with the SM aspect of it.  Some highlights for me: I like how Kimmi, instead of saying "tweet", refers to it as "twit" when talking about how horrible she was at twitter.  Kelly Wigles says she still has her AOL e-mail account and knew nothing about social media.  Kelley Wentworth says the merge tribe name this season will be better than 'Merica (not that it's hard to do better than that).  Andrew admitted buying the ad space on CBS.  I actually think he was pretty smart doing that.  Woo, Monica and Ciera still bore me.  I hope those 3 are gone early.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/27/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-jeff-probst-players-could-not-get

Here Jeff mentions 4 players that refused to come back.  I think refused might be the wrong word, since he mentions Greg Buis wanting to but being unable due to a new job.  Jeff Kent and Elisabeth Hasselback declined, though why they bother with Elisabeth I have no idea.  It ain't ever happening.  R.C. also declined, apparently for this reason:

“RC, we wanted, and she didn’t want to play. And I understood. You know, RC came out to play Blood vs. Water and her dad got sick [so they had to pull out before filming] and I’ve heard enough Survivors tell me that the emotional journey is so strenuous that she just thought, ‘You’re going to put Abi on the list too and I don’t want to see her. Let’s just forget it.’ Maybe we can revisit RC another time and she’ll want to come back.” And perhaps in an Abi-less season, she will.

I have seen Survivor players do far worse to each other than what went down between Abi and R.C., and those people are BFFs in comparison.  Unless there was outside drama regarding those 2, R.C. needs to get over it.  Just for being bitter she doesn't deserve a second chance.

Edited by LadyChatts

I have seen Survivor players do far worse to each other than what went down between Abi and R.C., and those people are BFFs in comparison.  Unless there was outside drama regarding those 2, R.C. needs to get over it.  Just for being bitter she doesn't deserve a second chance.

I'm actually quite stunned that R.C. is still so bitter toward Abi.  Everything bad that went down between them was all Pete's fault, not Abi's.  Surely R.C. knows and accepts that by now.

Don't agree that she doesn't deserve a second chance, though, just from bitterness.  I think she does, hopefully in a season in which she doesn't get targeted as badly as she was in Philippines.

Abi and Pete have been dating since they met on the show. Maybe that's R.C.'s problem. Because she certainly went out of her way to constantly trash Abi online, everywhere, and they never spoke or had any interaction after the show ended. I don't understand someone doing that to another person they hardly know.

• Love 1

Abi and Pete have been dating since they met on the show. Maybe that's R.C.'s problem. Because she certainly went out of her way to constantly trash Abi online, everywhere, and they never spoke or had any interaction after the show ended. I don't understand someone doing that to another person they hardly know.

While watching I hated Abi and quite liked RC, but everything RC has done since getting voted off has made me reverse my opinions on these two. I still think Abi is nuts, but she seems harmless, funny and kind of stupid. RC is just rancid and likely the beneficiary of a very good edit. I am not looking forward to having her back. Pete, OTOH, makes my skin crawl.

• Love 2

And that's where the editors have a field day, making us believe one thing about a person when the opposite is usually true. Abi is a very savvy businesswoman, not stupid, and nothing like portrayed on the show. Can't wait to see what they do with her this season. I hope RC never comes back. Her laugh was like fingernails on a chalkboard and I cannot imagine having to hear her non-stop 24/7.

• Love 1

I think it is hilarious that Kelly Wentworth mentioned being so shocked about Woo and Keith making it when while not the greatest Survivor minds, they both did exceedingly better than her in their seasons and by that token had more of a presence. Kelly was voted out before the merge and all I really remember of her is that the Drew guy was determined to get rid of her and instead got himself voted out and her dad was a hot head. I can understand why someone would vote to give her a second chance, believing circumstances didn't allow her to show how good she could be but in terms of the casual viewer just picking a name they'd recognize, Kelly is a complete "how did she get in there..." in my opinion. 

• Love 2

I love RC and hope to see her again. Abi was awful on the show, while I have found her to be a sweetheart in all the interviews I've heard since then, they couldn't have shown her ugly behavior if she wasn't doing it, so it was part of who she is, at least at those times. She said she was in a lot of pain at the time, and that's why she was being such a jerk, I hope to see the sweetheart side of her in Second Chances.

• Love 1

She said she was in a lot of pain at the time, and that's why she was being such a jerk, I hope to see the sweetheart side of her in Second Chances.

Let's hope she doesn't tear her ACL again in the first challenge and have Jeff rag on her all the time about sitting out challenges, too. :)

• Love 1

Abi annoyed me in her first season and in her pod casts and in her interviews for this season so far. Not that RC was that great but I never liked Abi and the show and seriously doubt that is going to change.

It actually surprises me that R.C. is someone they've been trying to get back.  Assuming Survivor makes it to another fan voted or producer picked AS season, it'll likely be a couple of years down the road at least.  That's that many more seasons with people, plus the people who got past over this time that TPTB would probably consider.  Will R.C. still be on their radar?  Who knows.  Frankly, I would think R.C. would want to go out and get the better of Abi this time since she feels so wronged by what happened in the Philippines.  I couldn't stand Abi, or Pete, but I actually warmed up to Abi after the show.  It's why I wondered if there was any outside drama between those two, because I can't believe R.C. is upset over something so stupid after all this time.  And something that wasn't Abi's fault.  Maybe it is that Abi/Pete were dating.  Or that Abi didn't grovel and throw Pete under the bus.  I voted for Abi to return this season, even though I find her annoying in interviews.  As of this point, she isn't someone I would care getting voted off early, but I'd rather her stay over some others, too.  Really, the ones I want voted off early are Woo, Monica, Ciera, Vytas, Kelley Wentworth, Terry, and Shirin.  Abi can go after that.

The Stars haven't aligned for RC to play again. First, there was Blood vs Water and her father not passing the physical. Then she gets offered for a shot on Second Chances but declines because of Abi Maria. Who knows if another offer comes again for her. She was a good competitor but her nervous laugher is so annoying. I can't imagine people in her real life & job having to hear it every 5 seconds. That said, RC made Pondersoa unbearable because she couldn't/wouldn't get over her hate for Abi and the game. That was a few years ago and apparently she hasn't gotten over it.

• Love 1

Everything RC has done since her season has antagnotized people, including Cesternino. I don't think she has any friends in the community outside of Artis and maybe Hantz. If Abi is voted off fast this season, RC would be voted off faster.She should never come back.

• Love 1

Everything RC has done since her season has antagonized people, including Cesternino. I don't think she has any friends in the community outside of Artis and maybe Hantz.

So she refuses to make up with Abi and Pete, yet she's friends with Artis, who treated her just as badly as they did?  Weird.

• Love 1

I always liked Abi, but I did feel bad for RC during the show.  Ponderosa changed my mind on her, though, I think she's totally annoying, and her winning Miss Survivor over Kim is an absolute travesty.  (How did she antagonize Rob C?)  I have to say, I'm very happy it's Abi who's playing again, not her.  I don't think Abi is good at Survivor and her "secret advantage" and fake idol ploys were so bad as to be embarrassing, but she definitely gave it her all and had a good attitude when out.

Now, Pete--I have always had, and continue to have, an utterly inexplicable fondness for Pete.  Can't explain it.  Don't need to see him again or anything, but I did enjoy him.  Call it, perhaps, a guilty pleasure?  Something like that?  Maybe it's because he had as big a crush on Malcolm as me...

I think they need to throw Abi and R.C. in the Big Brother house.  Would be far more interesting to see those 2 go at it all summer than what's been in there this year.

To be fair, Jeff didn't say that he found Peih Gee annoying, only that she would annoy others out there.

You are correct, and I didn't read closely enough.  Jeff was recently asked by Dalton Ross who he was most surprised got voted back on: Kimmi and PG were his two choices, but he called them both pleasant surprises, and even said he considered PG an underrated player.  He did think she'd have a tough time with this group, but I really hope she proves everyone wrong.  I'm hesitant on this season.  It looks great from what I've seen/heard in interviews so far, and I have more than enough favorites back.  I am hoping pre-game alliances go out the window on day 1, but with this group, I'm a little nervous that may not be the case.  There's also a handful of people I can't stand the thought of watching all season, and they are likely the ones who will end up lasting (with my luck, anyway).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I would have preferred RC settling down in Ponderosa too, but I understand why she was upset. I don't know what her personal relationships with all of the Survivor community are, I know Rob was a little peeved that she didn't contribute much to his show after she won Miss Survivor, but not as peeved as his listeners. I don't really care, I find her really fun and entertaining and would like to see her back, it seems like Probst wants her to return, so I guess it just depends on whether or not she wants to come back, hopefully it will happen.

Edited by BigRedCheese

Keith doesn't seem to know much about Survivor.  Some of the people he said he was surprised made it because he didn't know anything about were odd.  Like Fishbach.  

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/01/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-out-first

Apparently not, as in this video (as to who the cast wants to vote off first), he says "Phoebe" (I'm assuming he means Peih-Gee).  Now that would be an interesting TC.  Not even poor spelling as Survivor is famous for, but that's another name all together.

There's obviously a lot of people wanting Kass off first, followed by Vytas.  A few other names thrown in there (surprised quite a few people wanted Joe off first). 

Edited by LadyChatts

I can see why some would want Joe gone. He's probably seen as a possible physical threat which could be a problem after the merge and he probably has a really good social game making him a threat in the end where the jury will like him. I honestly didn't give Joe a shot this season largely because of these factors.  

I figured with players who've done this before, know the game, they'd look at him as a guy you don't want to keep around. As for Vytas, honestly the little I saw of him in these interviews, I would want to get rid of him just because he's annoying. I thought he came across very arrogant and I can't imagine why because I must have missed the amazing game play he displayed during his season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1