Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor In The Media

• Start Topic

I also think that this bunch of people may just not have any interesting conversations. Say what you will about Phillip, but he was interesting. A little cray cray, but interesting. I'm also betting the outtakes are loads of fun that we're not getting to see. I bet no one realizes that Abi-Maria and Pete fell in love on the island during their time there. We sure weren't shown any of that, either.

I also think that this bunch of people may just not have any interesting conversations.

That's certainly possible, but I kinda doubt it. Based on the Blue team's messiness last week, I bet they were hilarious. I'd loved to have seen why Drew and Kelley despised each other. Or more of the Drew/Jon relationship because they both are very stupid so I bet it was fun.

I bet no one realizes that Abi-Maria and Pete fell in love on the island during their time there.

That was shown, I think. I feel like I remember them being a showmance. But did they seriously fall in love? Are they together now?

Jaclyn is on the yellow tribe. Which I guess proves your point!

I think it's a combo of Production loving the challenges and thinking that keeping the audience in the dark about the dynamics makes the TCs more interesting or something. 

I meant yellow!  We have seen more of them but not much of her.  

It's not even so much that they're elaborate for me, really, it's that they're so repetitive and generic and they don't serve the plot any more. I long for the days when we'd get a challenge that actually requires teamwork (and thus, fighting back at camp when the team didn't work) rather than arbitrarily telling them "six of you do this bit, then four of you do this throwing thing that only one person will actually handle anyway".

Or an individual reward challenge. It feels like it's been forever since we've had one that wasn't for the loved one visit and wasn't the annual auction. We haven't even had the coconut chop quiz since One World, and that's basically the one challenge that will always affect the way the game is played. Which you'd think they'd want.

• Love 1

I actually think the first two are the best. I would want to put weight on before going out so you have more to lose and the idea of going to the gym on an empty stomach and a bit groggy to simulate game conditions is really good. Then again, I already watch Survivor so that is not a big deal. And anyone who doesn't buy a butt load of puzzles to practice is an idiot.

• Love 1
Didn't Hatch imply during his tax trial people were smuggling sandwiches for the contestants?
Heard nothing about that.  They all lost a lot of weight so, if true, it could not have been many.​

(Brought this over from the episode thread)  

I don't think it was Hatch, but I recall some former survivor saying something like this on Rob Has a Podcast.  They were discussing contestants that were production favorites and said something about sneaking food to them.  I wish I could remember which episode it was.  I think Rob shut the conversation down pretty quickly, though, so there weren't a lot of details.  None of this is especially new, but I wasn't sure where else to put this post!

Found this, which is interesting, although not new: http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/rackl/10643124-421/the-tribe-members-have-spoken-8-secrets-of-survivor.html

• Love 1

Quick warning . . . I just saw a commercial on CBS with a major tribal council event/development. Also, with the number of jury members shown, I think it indicates which episode it takes place on this Wednesday. I'm not sure if it counts as a spoiler by Previously standards, but it is worth mentioning to spoiler-phobes who want to change the channel when it comes on, because it is a biggie.

• Love 1

Quick warning . . . I just saw a commercial on CBS with a major tribal council event/development. Also, with the number of jury members shown, I think it indicates which episode it takes place on this Wednesday. I'm not sure if it counts as a spoiler by Previously standards, but it is worth mentioning to spoiler-phobes who want to change the channel when it comes on, because it is a biggie.

I would love to see it but it is never posted anywhere.  They don't even have Wes arriving at Pondersoa on the CBS site.  Damn.  Can you please PM me as to what is shown?

There's rampant speculation right now on some of the reputable Survivor sites that CBS showed the WRONG promo. This is not uncommon. Earlier this season (which is BvW2), they showed a promo during Sunday pro football for an episode that turned out to be a promo from the LAST season of BvW.

Or it could have been intentional to tell us what will happen but any real footage would give too much away. A thought anyway.  How could they be that wrong? They would have had to have gone back into the archives to find a season 27 clip.  How can that be an accident?  

ETA:  I put the information from the preview in the spoiler thread. 

Edited by wings707

They would have had to have gone back into the archives to find a season 27 clip.  How can that be an accident?

I could see how it could happen, but trying to explain my theory might be a spoiler to some people (and since I don't venture in the spoiler thread), I'll hold off. But I could see how it might happen. Still inexcusable, though.

I just saw another commercial, which was more generic than what I saw. Maybe a disgruntled intern ran the wrong footage, and nothing as severe as what I saw will happen on Wednesday.

I just saw that now.  Keith said he was behind the 8 ball.  Oh my, true or delusion?   Natalie says she could switch the entire game and Alec says his back is against the wall.  Basically nothing much.  

I could see how it could happen, but trying to explain my theory might be a spoiler to some people (and since I don't venture in the spoiler thread), I'll hold off. But I could see how it might happen. Still inexcusable, though.

I would be interested to hear your theory.  There are no spoilers this year so no reason to avoid that thread. 

Probst said on Twitter today that the aired promo was a mistake. And since it was a confirmed mistake, I think we can say what it was here: They reran the promo from S27 (BvW1) where everyone was pulling rocks.

Edited by Bob Sambob

Dang. And I was hoping for something awesome to happen, even though it would have jeopardized Natalie, whom I consider to be the only person worth rooting for in the game. Apologies for getting too hyped about that mistake.

I would be interested to hear your theory.  There are no spoilers this year so no reason to avoid that thread. 

Mostly because of the fact that this season is largely still referred to as "Blood vs. Water," not "Blood vs. Water 2" (the title card in all the commercials proves this) ... basically, I imagine the CBS promos on a hard drive (In 2014, there's probably not a huge pile of tapes sitting around), and some nitwit went and found a promo titled "BvW Episode 12" and played it.

(I went and looked ... the rocks episode aired on Dec. 4, 2013. This week's episode is Dec. 3, 2014. Both of them were episode 12 (this week is technically episodes 11 AND 12, but still).

• Love 1

I don't think it did. Now granted, I admit I only saw the second part of the promo when it aired Sunday, not all of it, so I can't testify 100 percent. But from all the stuff I heard, people thought they were using it to promote another rock draw. Like, for example, let's say Baylor was gonna vote out Missy? They might use the clip of Ciera voting out Laura to promote it without actually spoiling the result. Something along those lines. I never heard anyone say they showed any faces of current players, but the part I saw, it was just hands holding rocks.

Edited by Bob Sambob

I see no indication that a woman wins based on that!  I think they are looking for positive feedback since most comments on twitter are negative. All reality shows get a huge amount of snark and it is hard to tell what you are doing right.   My guess is they aim to make sure to include favorite things viewers love.  They never need filler time for the reunion.  I always wish it was longer.  

From YouTube: A look at the medical team. Includes lots of roughhousing, behind-the-scenes footage, and most of the eleven "evacuations" . . . which, out of an estimated 450 contestants, isn't too shabby. Probst narrates and he gets a little too into it, but it's a good clip anyway.

ETA: Is the Survivor Hall of Fame still a thing? Just wanted to know, so I can bitch about inductees.

• Love 2

I am looking forward to this season.  I pay no mind to the hype before ANY show.  I just like Survivor and will take it any way they serve it.  I liked the 3 tribe format last time so I expect to enjoy this one, as well.  

As far as the "class" distinction, pffffffffffft.  We know a good player can come from anywhere. It is just a way to put a name to this and separate it from the others.  

Anyone read when this is supposed to air?  

Edited by wings707

'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Castaways Revealed

105141_D01328b.jpg

Survivor: Worlds Apart splits the competitors into three tribes around the new theme of white collar vs. blue collar vs. no collar.

The white collar tribe (Masaya) is "known for making the rules" and includes a corporate executive, a retail buyer and a marketing director. The blue collar tribe (Escameca) is "known to follow the rules" and includes a postal worker, an oil driller and a contractor. The no collar tribe (Nargarote), is "the most unpredictable group" and includes "free spirits who are known to break the rules," including a coconut salesman, a sailing instructor and a YouTube Sensation. (See more photos here.)

Jeff Probst returns as host of the reality competition, which features a 90-minute premiere at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 25, followed by the 90-minute season premiere of The Amazing Race.

The competitors are:

White Collar (Masaya Tribe)

Tyler Fredrickson, 33
Current Residence: Los Angeles
So Kim, 31
Current Residence: Long Beach, Calif.
Carolyn Rivera, 52
Current Residence: Tampa, Fla.
Max Dawson, Ph.D., 37
Current Residence: Topanga, Calif.\
Shirin Oskooi, 31
Current Residence: San Francisco