Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
RescueMom

Survivor In The Media

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

Now THAT would be the biggest game twist EVER.  ;)

And as I had suggested earlier, no idols. But don’t tell anyone. Let them go looking through the weeds and the woods to no avail. Ratings would soar!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

43 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

And as I had suggested earlier, no idols. But don’t tell anyone. Let them go looking through the weeds and the woods to no avail. Ratings would soar!

And contestants would be rattling themselves apart from the jangling of their nerves, waiting for that “next big twist” - that never comes....  :D

Edited by Nashville · Reason: Be bold!
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Mound for me.

 

1 hour ago, RescueMom said:

 

I’m in Maple Grove as well - small world!!!

Seems like everyone has a connection to Maple Grove.  It is the craziest thing!  Even my cousin who comes from the Iron Range ended up moving 3 blocks away - without knowing anything about where I live.

I'm not sure about a watch party (I love Survivor but that may be overkill for me), but maybe we can hit up the next round of auditions at one of the Dales together :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

 

Seems like everyone has a connection to Maple Grove.  It is the craziest thing!  Even my cousin who comes from the Iron Range ended up moving 3 blocks away - without knowing anything about where I live.

I'm not sure about a watch party (I love Survivor but that may be overkill for me), but maybe we can hit up the next round of auditions at one of the Dales together :)

Too bad they don’t have auditions around Nashville; I’d go just to see how badly I could fuck with ‘em.  And wouldn’t it be funny if that screwing-around ended up getting me picked...?  :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Too bad they don’t have auditions around Nashville; I’d go just to see how badly I could fuck with ‘em.  And wouldn’t it be funny if that screwing-around ended up getting me picked...?  :D

That's surprising they don't come to Nashville.  If what I saw was any indication, running amock might give one an advantage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

That's surprising they don't come to Nashville.  If what I saw was any indication, running amock might give one an advantage.

Where to you get info on auditions?  For all I know, TPTB could be running them weekly while I bask in my ignorance.  ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Where to you get info on auditions?  For all I know, TPTB could be running them weekly while I bask in my ignorance.  ;)

I heard them advertise it during the show week before last. I assume they only did that in our market.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Where to you get info on auditions?  For all I know, TPTB could be running them weekly while I bask in my ignorance.  ;)

 

14 minutes ago, RescueMom said:

I heard them advertise it during the show week before last. I assume they only did that in our market.

What RescueMom said is the same for me.  After the last scene there was an ad on TV and they specifically mentioned the mall, date, time, etc. Jeff Probst was the one saying the info.  

I rewatched the next day and the promo was gone.  Definately market and date driven.  If I had left the room, I would have missed it and never known.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

They've done casting calls up my way a couple of times in the last few years (I live in Western NY).  They advertised a lot on the radio and in the news, and on the day of the casting call they had a couple of our news outlets out there interviewing people.  I thought about going just to see what the big deal was and how it worked.  There were a lot of people waiting, and the interviews were being held at a car dealership of all places (so hey, maybe not get on Survivor, but buy a car).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

They've done casting calls up my way a couple of times in the last few years (I live in Western NY).  They advertised a lot on the radio and in the news, and on the day of the casting call they had a couple of our news outlets out there interviewing people.  I thought about going just to see what the big deal was and how it worked.  There were a lot of people waiting, and the interviews were being held at a car dealership of all places (so hey, maybe not get on Survivor, but buy a car).

Seriously.   The casting here took place at one of our bigger shopping malls out in front of a large new department store - one I'd never heard of.  Whenever the location was mentioned, it was always the name of the new big store.  

I'm sure there was some sort of marketing agreement there.  Hey, let's ask Survivor to have auditions in front of our store, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jextella said:

Seriously.   The casting here took place at one of our bigger shopping malls out in front of a large new department store - one I'd never heard of.  Whenever the location was mentioned, it was always the name of the new big store.  

I'm sure there was some sort of marketing agreement there.  Hey, let's ask Survivor to have auditions in front of our store, etc.

Yeah, the dealership was a used car lot and not a huge, well known place.  I want to say it was for S35 that the last casting call was for.  They had the room for quick interviews, so a win/win for the guys in charge I guess, especially for the publicity alone.  Big Brother has done casting calls on and off through the years around here too, but I only ever remember them being at the mall (and not nearly as well publicized as the Survivor ones were).

Maybe if they are looking for a cast to fit a specific theme  they go on the road to find the type they are looking for.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm actually really enjoying this season.  I've rewatched most episodes a time or two and I never do that.    It's all in the casting, IMO.  The "band of misfits" on the David's are NICE and charming and personable and the Goliaths remind me a bit of super hero's.  Alec not liking Natalia bullying Davie to vote a certain way reminds me of Batman.  Dan looks like Superman and Kara is his Louis Lane.  And Natalie is the "irretractable" evil villain who we love to hate.  John is the hulk but with a brain and personality and good looks, and the tall female doctor reminds me of Wonder Woman.    Even Carl on the Davids remind me of Batman's butler or the old man from the wolverine series, i.e. behind the scenes, quiet, rarely seen but essential none the less.

Oh, and one of the finer moments thus far for me was when Nick, a David, stood up to Natalie, a Goliath, for what he felt was right.  That's a true David vs. Goliath Bible story moment - and with all the drama.

Oh, and Christian and Gabby are like two smurfs or something.  I can't think of characters Elizabeth, Mike, and Lyrsa remind me of, but for me, just them being themselves is plenty.  They each have really great personalities and fly the "not afraid to be me" flag high and proud.  They are a joy to watch.

The other thing is that I don't think there is a mean or spiteful person of those who remain after last week.  Good juju across the board which is rare. 

This is one of my favorites casts in a long time.

Having said all that, I'm sure we're in for a change soon.  Bound to happen as the competition heats up.  That's the true test, I suppose.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Oh, and one of the finer moments thus far for me was when Nick, a David, stood up to Natalie, a Goliath, for what he felt was right.  That's a true David vs. Goliath Bible story moment - and with all the drama.

I hadn't thought about it that way before.  Excellent point!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I'm actually really enjoying this season.  I've rewatched most episodes a time or two and I never do that.    It's all in the casting, IMO.  The "band of misfits" on the David's are NICE and charming and personable and the Goliaths remind me a bit of super hero's.  Alec not liking Natalia bullying Davie to vote a certain way reminds me of Batman.  Dan looks like Superman and Kara is his Louis Lane.  And Natalie is the "irretractable" evil villain who we love to hate.  John is the hulk but with a brain and personality and good looks, and the tall female doctor reminds me of Wonder Woman.    Even Carl on the Davids remind me of Batman's butler or the old man from the wolverine series, i.e. behind the scenes, quiet, rarely seen but essential none the less.

Oh, and one of the finer moments thus far for me was when Nick, a David, stood up to Natalie, a Goliath, for what he felt was right.  That's a true David vs. Goliath Bible story moment - and with all the drama.

Oh, and Christian and Gabby are like two smurfs or something.  I can't think of characters Elizabeth, Mike, and Lyrsa remind me of, but for me, just them being themselves is plenty.  They each have really great personalities and fly the "not afraid to be me" flag high and proud.  They are a joy to watch.

The other thing is that I don't think there is a mean or spiteful person of those who remain after last week.  Good juju across the board which is rare. 

This is one of my favorites casts in a long time.

Having said all that, I'm sure we're in for a change soon.  Bound to happen as the competition heats up.  That's the true test, I suppose.

I love this whole post, and this is one of my favorite casts in a long time as well. I don’t want anyone to go home tonight!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Count me in as someone whose enjoying this season.  I didn't expect to, with the theme, and just the way the cast looked at first at first glance.  But I haven't enjoyed a season as much since Second Chance.  Last season had promise, but the whole 'Naviti Strong', and the focus being so much on Dom/Wendell, plus the waste of the Ghost Island twist, really ruined it (not to mention all the Purple edits post merge).  The editing this season has been better than I can remember it being in a long time.  I actually know who everyone is, there's lot of game talk (so no one seems to be just getting carried along for the ride), camp life, and so far the rewards haven't been too cushy.  The challenges have also been better, and overall I just really love the cast.  The only person left I really don't like is Angelina, but I'm good with everyone else.

And I hope the idol nullifier works like it's supposed to.  That'll make an interesting TC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing I don’t like about this season is an early tribe swap and an early merge at 13. It’s as if production suddenly decided the David vs Goliath thing wasn’t a good idea after all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

The only thing I don’t like about this season is an early tribe swap and an early merge at 13. It’s as if production suddenly decided the David vs Goliath thing wasn’t a good idea after all.

I think they've been swapping after 2-4 tribal councils and merging at 13 in 20-player seasons for a few years, since Second Chances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Some people are probably aware of this, but for those that aren't:

Erik Reichenbach (of Micronesia fame and "giving away the necklace then getting voted out by the Black Widow Brigade" infamy) is now a graphic artist and cartoonist.  He gets a lot of work from other people in the Survivor community, mainly from Stephen Fishbach's Survivor blog on People.com.  Erik creates a new single panel work after pretty much every episode, and Stephen makes sure that it gets into his blog post about the same episode, with full credit to Erik.  Erik also tweets out the same art and posts it on his instagram for his work, with prints available for sale.

I mention all that as a prelude to showing off his work for this week:

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a week behind on reading my Entertainment Weekly, but they put Survivor on their "10 Musts" list due to the great game play.  I think it was the issue for Thanksgiving Week.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

35 former Survivor players reveal their most painful moments.

It's a fun article, but it is a year old.

Edited by ratgirlagogo

Share this post


Link to post

Recently there was an article in my Survivor feed, something about the secrets about Survivor you must know.  I skimmed and then when I went back I couldn't find it. 

I was a bit shocked that they said that the reshoot scenes, sometimes with body doubles, to get what they want.  UNreal!  (A show I watch from time to time to remind myself that yes, even Survivor probably plays shenanigans).  

I googled but only found this 2016 article, it also mentions body doubles - in challenges!  Whaaaat?  Contestants actually do the challenges, after the crew does a complete walk through and Q&A session.  But they refilm parts, sometimes with body doubles, wearing the same thing as contestants, to get the film they want.  So all those tense moments....um maybe not.  

I was also surprised to learn that Probst takes the urn with the cast votes and meets with other producers to decide what order to read thim in for most effect.  
 

https://www.thehits.co.nz/random-stuff/14-secrets-you-didn-t-know-about-survivor/

Found it, only a few more tidbits

https://www.thisisinsider.com/surprising-fun-facts-about-survivor-2018-6#survivor-host-jeff-probst-was-almost-not-involved-at-all-16

Share this post


Link to post

We learned about the body doubles during the Australia season. The article you posted links the the season 2 interview with Burnett. I don't believe that they are reshooting footage from the challenges any more. That went over like a lead balloon back then and would not be well received if it continued. If you read the article that was linked, it was written several weeks after Australia completed it's airing.

We do know that they use body doubles to test the challenges before the contestants participate and to shoot the footage we see when Jeff describes the challenge and the rules. Those shoots are also meant to figure out where it is best to set up cameras for the actual running of the challenge. Jeff specifically said that it is hard when they hide idols at the challenge because they have to have a camera on the person who the know has the clue at the right location to catch the idol retrieval, if it happens, without giving away that anything strange is happening. Jeff specifically said that they know that they have that one moment to catch the idol recovery because they don't reshoot those scenes. Either they get it or they don't. This makes me think that the reshooting the article discusses goes back to Australia and Borneo but nothing after that.

 

The article also references the car curse, which has not been seen in ages since there has not been a car given away in ages, Richards tax issues from season 1, Ozzy's redemption island three boots, and the perfect game. Essentially, it is playing on a lot of old info with no real mention of when the info comes from.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting article.  I only follow Survivor here and read some of the more "big name" articles like this one.  Had no idea that people were saying this was the best season and survivor has peaked.  Or that Christian imitated a stripper during his 5 hour challenge:)  Or that people think Nick and Mike sound like cats? 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-david-goliath-explained-christian-gabby-more-secrets-revealed-1167806

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So here is an interview with one of the EPs of Survivor talking about what a success this season has been.  He also talked about the endurance challenge where Alec was talked into quitting and some of the things that weren't shown during Christian's long winded conversation.  Have to say I'm disappointed they didn't show us more.  I'm guessing that last part may be where Alec finally decided he'd had enough:

Quote

 

But to answer your question, yes, there's a ton on the edit bay floor. Christian rambled on about exoskeleton research, sex robots, the psychological concept of a second wind, his favorite seasons, how Jeff was hired by Mark Burnett, and there was a moment where he impersonated a stripper and yelled, "These hips don't lie!" Seriously.

 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-david-goliath-explained-christian-gabby-more-secrets-revealed-1167806?fbclid=IwAR21xghVYEg8e0Mgscq-wvQsLS7xA9E6dceVSbJ-LBy5P98bCNl9pqBt46A

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So here is an interview with one of the EPs of Survivor talking about what a success this season has been.  He also talked about the endurance challenge where Alec was talked into quitting and some of the things that weren't shown during Christian's long winded conversation.  Have to say I'm disappointed they didn't show us more.  I'm guessing that last part may be where Alec finally decided he'd had enough:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-david-goliath-explained-christian-gabby-more-secrets-revealed-1167806?fbclid=IwAR21xghVYEg8e0Mgscq-wvQsLS7xA9E6dceVSbJ-LBy5P98bCNl9pqBt46A

I am suddenly filled with the overwhelming urge to get a tape recorder with several hours worth of blank tapes, go find Christian, talk him into a night on the town, get him tanked, switch on the recorder, and just let the good times roll.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2018 at 11:20 AM, LadyChatts said:

A Follow up to the S37 contestants posting on SM

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/05/17/survivor-contestant-punished-breaking-nda-contract-spoiler/

For those that don’t want to click on the link: only one of them was punished, the person was uninvited from the reunion and will not get that appearance fee.

I'm bringing this back, because it's really irritating me lately, especially given how blithely other contestants have posted pictures with other contestants and spoiled future relationships, as far as a month in advance (cough, Angelina and Carl).

Two years ago, Survivor contestants weren't even liking each other's IG posts, let alone posting mid-season get-togethers that are way more spoilery than one photo that resulted in this ban.

If they're going to have a social media ban, then have a social media ban. It's simple: don't post anything with another contestant from your season before the season is done airing on television. Period. End of story. Get together with them, fine, but keep it off social media. The only time contestants are allowed to post photos of each other is if it's from the show. That's it. Easy to follow and understand.

As it stands, it's a grossly unfair rule that's punishing someone for violating the letter, but not the spirit of the law. Between social media and these midseason interviews, I feel like I've been bombarded with spoilers and I don't even read spoilers. To draw this arbitrary line about one post when others have done far worse doesn't seem fair.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I think it was the "Fuck it" post in the comments section from Alec that got him banned from the reunion. I think he was told to pull the picture and his response was to keep the picture up and comment "Fuck it." He probably would have been fine if he had pulled the picture. His apology tour for the incident was heavy on apologizing for any perceived disrespect to Probst and the Survivor Production team and how much he loved the game. So he crossed a line that he shouldn't have and it had to be more then the picture.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

And, even after all of that Alec had a great edit. Granted, he was on the jury but they could have aired little to none if they wanted to. It is a shame that he’s been banned. The social media rules for the contestants has been murky ever since social media came into play with Survivor. I’ve been watching since Day 1 and I don’t even know when social media began. LOL!!!! I do know they were always banned from talking to any press until they were voted out. I know the Season 30 cast (who I pretty much hate) started the #Dirty30 which pretty much promoted the fact they were on Survivor. They have always signed contracts so I’m guess all of those contracts have said the do and don’t for the contestants. I guess Alec broke the rules and the F U might have been the last straw. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff Probst's thought on the finale and who he would most want to bring back from this season.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/18/survivor-david-vs-goliath-finale-jeff-probst-preview/

 

I have a feeling we will be seeing several of these contestants again on future seasons, but if you could only bring one back, whom would it be? (Again, no cheating!)


Okay, I’ll answer an extremely difficult question as long as you don’t edit my answer! Yes, you are right, we have a lot of players from this season that would be fun to have back in future seasons. But if I could choose only one, it would come down to Christian or Angelina, and I would probably choose Angelina. (Just waiting for the gasps to subside.) The truth about Survivor is that we want our casting to mirror what is happening in our culture. And as a dad to a daughter, what excites me more than anything is the rise we are seeing in the power of women. For years, strong women have been judged differently than men — in life and on Survivor. And, strangely, for years it has been hard for us to find women who were as “memorable” as men. But what has been happening is the female voice is growing stronger with every passing day, and we want that voice represented on our show.

Angelina is polarizing. Some people criticize her for being “too much,” but she is playing a strong game and making big moves and not backing down from anyone. I like that. We need that. When a man does it, he is rewarded. It shouldn’t be any different when a woman does it. So, as much as I love Christian, and make no mistake, I adore him, we have a lot of memorable men. Angelina would get my vote.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I swear that Probst watches a different show then I do. I don’t think Angelina is awful but she has played like an entitled brat, not a powerful woman. She has pouted when she didn’t get her way and has not managed to actually initiate any plan that worked. I would be mocking a man who was playing the way she was. If the Produers wanted us to see Angelina as a powerful woman who is not backing down then they sure did a crappy job with the editing.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, Jeff sounds like he's describing Chrissy -- who actually was a powerful woman who made big moves, played a strong game and pissed a lot of people off. Angelina may talk loudly about rice, but she has fallen quietly into an all-male alliance and has made no moves on her own since. Jeff sounds like he wants pre-merge/early merge Angelina, with her jacket plans and her military strategy and her stirring stuff up before tribal council, not this Angelina who left the Goliath alliance so she could be told first by Carl, and now by Nick how to vote.

I couldn't stand Chrissy, but at least nobody told her how to vote.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

There is such a fine line with some of this stuff.  Much has to do with delivery and likeability.  Angelina couldn't get her tribe to vote Christian, but Mike could.  She blames it on being a woman, but my sense it was more her earlier behavior that made her lose some respect.

I am one of the few who really, REALLY likes Angelina, but she is lacking a bit of self-awareness.  Just because she thinks she's made her case, doesn't mean she has, and it isn't always because she's a woman.

Edited by Jextella
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think it was a matter of timing, that Mike wasn’t ready to give up Christian and his new alliance. And it didn’t help that Angelina tried to dictate the vote which annoyed people. Dictating votes is a bad idea on Survivor, just ask Carl. 

I like Chrissy and thought that she played a strong game. I do happen to think that she would have been viewed more favorably if she was a man. I don’t think that Angelina is in any way shape or form playing a strong game. She tried to whine and manipulate her way through the game. She pouted when she didn’t get her way. I don’t think she has been portrayed as weak but ineffectual.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff was an Angelina fan pre-show, so I'm not surprised that he's heaping praise on her now.  I think she's terrible at this game and does play more with her emotions than logic, and makes a bigger deal out of things than need be.  She gives me the impression of someone whose led a pampered life.  I find Angelina more of a character than a good game player.  She's memorable, though probably not for the reasons she wants to be.  I can't see her taking control in a season of veterans. 

I think there have been strong, memorable women who have been playing this game since season 1.  But it wasn't too many seasons ago where Probst pretty much ignored all the women and fawned over the men, despite them being the same dime a dozen casting types that we've had for years.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff, if you encourage your daughter to be anything like Angelina, I'm driving over to CBS and slapping you personally.

As for the prospect of them bringing her back for another season...you know what, let them. Somebody has to go first in a returnees season—let her be that cannon fodder so that better vets can get an extra three days.

ETA: And as long as I'm at CBS, think I'll swing by Grodner's office and flip her off.

Edited by PhoneCop
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Jeff’s interview in EW is hysterical. I think he tries to be so deep which doesn’t make sense. He said that Natalia left the game this way, “To her credit, she took being voted out with a lot of grace. She didn’t complain, she understood that is how the game is played”. Did he forget that she told Alec to shut up a few times and she wanted to know if Kara knew? It was one of the more vocal exits and yet she handed it gracefully? Did he blackout while snuffing her torch? I guess we should be thankful that he even mentioned a woman. Usually, he’s all alpha male. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Jeff’s interview in EW is hysterical. I think he tries to be so deep which doesn’t make sense. He said that Natalia left the game this way, “To her credit, she took being voted out with a lot of grace. She didn’t complain, she understood that is how the game is played”. Did he forget that she told Alec to shut up a few times and she wanted to know if Kara knew? It was one of the more vocal exits and yet she handed it gracefully? Did he blackout while snuffing her torch? I guess we should be thankful that he even mentioned a woman. Usually, he’s all alpha male. 

Natalia? In a season full of unusually graceful exits (mainly from the jury, who got far closer to winning than the pre-jury boots), he picks Natalia as the one who left with grace???? That is a genuine WTF, from a man whose opinion I rarely share, but this one is completely bonkers. Natalia was arguably the best looking woman on the season, perhaps that's the only criteria required to get a positive nod from Jeff.

Quote

Good lord, no memorable women on Survivor.  What show has he been watching all these years?!?

Does the same Sue Hawk ring a bell with Probst? She created one of the most memorable moments from Season 1, probably boosted the visibility of the show by a ton in watercooler talk, AND she is an unapologetically strong woman. She had opinions and she gave them to people in the moment, she didn't store it all up for confessional whining. 

Quote

I swear that Probst watches a different show then I do. I don’t think Angelina is awful but she has played like an entitled brat, not a powerful woman. She has pouted when she didn’t get her way and has not managed to actually initiate any plan that worked. I would be mocking a man who was playing the way she was. If the Produers wanted us to see Angelina as a powerful woman who is not backing down then they sure did a crappy job with the editing.

Quote

 

There is such a fine line with some of this stuff.  Much has to do with delivery and likeability.  Angelina couldn't get her tribe to vote Christian, but Mike could.  She blames it on being a woman, but my sense it was more her earlier behavior that made her lose some respect.

I am one of the few who really, REALLY likes Angelina, but she is lacking a bit of self-awareness.  Just because she thinks she's made her case, doesn't mean she has, and it isn't always because she's a woman.

 

Yeah, her response when her idea wasn't immediately accepted is the reason things didn't go her way. Instead of continuing to make her case, she'd retreat to the sidelines with a pout and then spill out all of her thoughts in interviews. She strikes me as the type of person who is very poised when things go exactly as planned, but visibly can't adjust when there's a bump in the road.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Does the same Sue Hawk ring a bell with Probst? She created one of the most memorable moments from Season 1, probably boosted the visibility of the show by a ton in watercooler talk, AND she is an unapologetically strong woman. She had opinions and she gave them to people in the moment, she didn't store it all up for confessional whining. 

Let me clarify what Jeff meant: "but she is playing a strong game and making big moves and not backing down from anyone and she is young, white and kind of cute and wore tight yoga pants that showed off her ass." Sue Hawk, Sandra, Denise, Sarah, Natalie, Tina and a bunch of the other strong women who didn't win the game are not attractive and as such not good role models. In fairness, Probst has always slobbered over the Alpha Males and tends to not get the Cochrans of the Survivor world. Kim doesn't count because she was boring TV.

I hope that helps. Because the rest of those women who are strong and played a good game, whether they won or not, don't fit the female Ozzy/Coach/JT mold.

And I will point out that in saying he would bring Angelina back, Probst likely gives away that she does not win this season because it is harder to bring back the winners.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size