Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Pretty Mess

• Start Topic

I think Bethenny said something about being knowledgeable about marketing, and then said something about brand, and Kyle jumped all over it laughing about "Brand" as if she were searching for the word or just waiting for Kyle to say it.

• Love 3

I am sure Erika would know what it is, and given that she frequents business dinners as well as dinner parties, she recognizes when such a phrase is grossly inappropriate. Something Bethenny thinks is "cute" and edgy, to others with actual manners is just rude and gross. The last thing you want to think when you are putting your lips on a glass is someone else's asshole.

Bethany is a rim job with the way her tongue is circling the drain these days every time she opens her mouth.

• Love 6

The last time I saw Bethenny was about halfway through the first season of RHONY.  She has changed physically so much, but I was sorry to see that her personality hadn't changed one bit, IMHO.  She is still as brash, self-centered, and certain that she knows it all as she was back then.  She has a VERY irritating manner about her.  I wonder, if anything, Yolanda would have said to her if she had been there.  Yolanda, partly through David's work and her own, is no stranger to music videos and marketing, and she might have had some very direct opinions about Bethenny's lecture.

• Love 2

What branding? Erika is a singer. An artist. She doesn't need help with "branding". I'm tired of every singer having their own perfume or fashion line btw. Let her focus on what she wants to fucking do

!

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 8

Bethenny said that Erika needed to 'sculpt' her website and then said something about brand.

Later, after they all viewed the video, here's what was said.  I wouldn't perceive it as Kyle jumping on it and laughing.  Kyle summarized what Bethenny was going on and on about.  The video is part of Erika's blog:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/erika-girardi/erika-girardi-i-am-not-ashamed-of

I am 48 or 49 and for me it is Robert Duvall since I was in my 20's. But actually I lied. It is neck and neck between him and William Devane. In my mind I was his Paige, the true love, not that nasty Abby...

Bravo! I loved Devane, too, and my first girl crush was for Paige : )

• Love 1

Not sure where to put this, since the "First Looks" thread is locked.  It's just and additional preview video for the next episode. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-8/videos/bethenny-frankel-offers-an-apology

Has a first look aired? I will unlock the thread if so. Y'all feel free to send me a PM if I miss opening the First Look's thread when one has aired. Sometimes my DVR doesn't pick them up and the Bravo site is infuriating with regards to figuring out if they're airing one or not. 

• Love 6

Did I miss the part where ANYONE asked for Bethenny's advice regarding Erika's career?  This woman is seriously delusional if she thinks that her criticism would be useful or welcome.  I agree that someone like Sonja could use her help but Erika seems to be doing just fine, thank you very much.  It was nice that a couple of the ladies spoke up and defended/complimented her.  Bethenny is one miserable person and it's so clear that she needs to find a way to feel superior to every person she meets.  She's simply toxic and I hated seeing her and that godawful short outfit. 

I watched this AFTER I had been reading the boards.  It seemed to me that Bethenny clearly asked Erika if Erika wanted her opinion and Erika said sure or something.  I am side-eyeing myself because I thought Bethenny was being a business person, thinking like a business person.  She wasn't hateful or personal.  She was correct.  Erika held her own and clearly knows a thing or two about a measured response and calm demeanor.  She's beautiful, well-mannered, long-time married, filthy rich and public with her kink.  Doesn't bother me at all. She handled Bethenny well but I still don't see how Bethenny was anything other than Bethenny Business. Bethenny wasn't giving child-rearing, or relationship advice.  I think she just didn't see that Erika is a very successful hobbyist.  It's a business in that a return on investment is how happy it makes Erika, not how rich.  I know a few people like Bethenny and they are ADD and I think flirt with being on the spectrum. Bethenny thinks, speaks and acts like a person obsessed with success but she doesn't have the social cues / emotional acumen to see that her definition of success isn't everyone's. I question myself for "liking" Bethenny when she's so clearly miserable.  Mark Cuban on wealth:  If you're an unhappy person and you acquire wealth, you are more unhappy.  If you're a happy person and you acquire wealth, you're happier.  Wealth doesn't change your happiness. 

Edited by Perwinkle Duffer
  • Love 14

I think Bethenny offering her advice at a dinner party when she knew her advice was going to be negative was the no-no here manners-wise.  If she called up Erika after and said, "hey I have some constructive criticism for you/business ideas..." yadda yadda, then no problem.  But let's face it, Bethenny has tweeted that she was brought on to spice things up (supposedly), and she did so nicely.  She also brought Erika a lot of fan support.  So job well done Bethenny (whether intentional or not - hindsight is 20/20).

• Love 8

Maybe because RHONYC is all about business all the time, Bethenny assumes the women on RHOBH while vacationing only want to talk business.  I can only assume as Bethenny made her way up the ladder of success she bent of few ears of people who were more successful and maybe at times when business talk would better have been avoided.  Since she was the host of the party there wasn't much for Erika to do but take the advice.  For Bethenny to say she spiced the show up and got people to watch, I say not in my case.  I watched the show in spite of the Yolanda health update and Bethenny.  I think at some point Bethenny wants to be on every Bravo show as some sort an expert.  She just can't help herself.  Top Chef she was a cook/chef and has a line of snack foods, Million Dollar Listing New York she has bought three homes and can tell them how to negotiate a deal but apparently not remove a husband from the premises, Real Housewives of Atlanta she had a C-section and a high risk pregnancy, she could show Kandi how it is done, the list could go on and on.

I don't know what the future for crossovers is but let's hope Bravo rethinks this idea of bringing a special guest star for purposes of insulting the another franchises.  There has to be another Allison duBois out there. 

• Love 7

I watched this AFTER I had been reading the boards.  It seemed to me that Bethenny clearly asked Erika if Erika wanted her opinion and Erika said sure or something.

Vanderpump asked Beth if she'd seen Erika's video yet and Beth said something like, "I already did - she had her hand up her vagina with 2 knuckle rings on."  (Ugh.  Liar.)  

Erika looked shocked and Kyle gleefully clapped her hands together while rocking in her chair, cackling like a witch. It just wasn't nice. Beth asked Erika if she could "say something" and Erika said, sure. It didn't seem like she was asking Erika if she wanted advice.  So Beth starts off on her rude tirade while Kyle sat there smirking behind her hand.  You just don't treat someone like that in your home but it was crystal clear that Bethenny was going for blood.  

It reminded me of when Simon showed up for girls' night.  And Bethenny acted so shocked that Ramona would treat Simon like that.  I think before Ramona ripped Simon a new one she asked him if she could "Say something."

• Love 14

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Lisa Rinna co-star in an "Entourage" episode in which a "rim job" was the prime topic of conversation. As I remember Johnny Drama wanted the "best rim job in Hollywood." It wasn't Rinna who did the deed. I think it was another washed up actress babe.

Yeah. Colleen Camp who played a Playboy Bunny in "Apocalypse Now." She was hot stuff in the 1970's and 1980's.

Rinna has to give up the shocked act. It's not working babe. 

• Love 8

I find it odd that LVP is so shocked that Eileen has been married three times. And I think Eileen said the first only lasted six months? Heck I have friends who have been married three times and I don't live in BH. I also don't think length of marriage is any indication that it is a good marriage. LVP's seems to be but just in my own circle of friends I have six who have been married anywhere from 30 to 39 years - all first and only marriages for them and their hubbies. Only half are what I would consider good marriages, the other three are together in pretty much name only. There is no love left and basically are together because it is cheaper than divorce. Sad, but true. Hubby and I are relative newcomers - married 12 years but have been together 19. I don't think of it as something to be proud of - rather lucky that we found each other. As I say to a girlfriend who has been married three times, the guy she is married to now is the one she should have married first. She just didn't know him then.

• Love 6

The women weren't on vacation, they were at work, as was Bethenny, who was obviously told to (and PAID to) stir up some shit (by Bravo, by Kyle, or by both.)

I think Bravo wants more out of Erika than they are getting. 

• Love 8

The women weren't on vacation, they were at work, as was Bethenny, who was obviously told to (and PAID to) stir up some shit (by Bravo, by Kyle, or by both.)

I think Bravo wants more out of Erika than they are getting. 

I am sure they expected something from Bethenny but I am not sure they wanted fireworks with/from Erika. I think they expected more Kim talk/dirt between Kyle and Bethenny. I also believe that Bethenny thinks production wants fireworks/explosions from her 24/7, except of course when she is crying which is half, if not more, of the time but again, I think that is in Bethenny's mind more than production. Especially with a production team/company that doesn't know Bethenny at all.  

• Love 6

I am sure they expected something from Bethenny but I am not sure they wanted fireworks with/from Erika. I think they expected more Kim talk/dirt between Kyle and Bethenny. I also believe that Bethenny thinks production wants fireworks/explosions from her 24/7, except of course when she is crying which is half, if not more, of the time but again, I think that is in Bethenny's mind more than production. Especially with a production team/company that doesn't know Bethenny at all.

Exactly. Bethenny's stellar instincts about what production and viewers want managed to crater the ratings of New York last season. All she succeeded in doing was showing herself to be a rude cow and making me like Erika, whom I was previously indifferent to.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

I have to admit that it was amusing to see Bethenny split her pants. I thought she was supposed to be smart. How could she reasonably expect to do that drop down when she has Carol Radizwill stuck so far up her ass?

Are you trying to insult Carol or Bethenny with this?

• Love 1

All she succeeded in doing was showing herself to be a rude cow and making me like Erika, whom I was previously indifferent to.

If you read Beth's twitter, she is accepting pats on the back for making you like Erika.  She says she did all of us - the fans, the housewives and Bravo - a huge favor last week by appearing in the episode because we "can't stop talkin' about it!"

Thank you, Baby Jesus, for Bethenny Frankel.

• Love 7

If you read Beth's twitter, she is accepting pats on the back for making you like Erika.  She says she did all of us - the fans, the housewives and Bravo - a huge favor last week by appearing in the episode because we "can't stop talkin' about it!"

Thank you, Baby Jesus, for Bethenny Frankel.

I hope she also tweeted about how she stirred up a big ol' pot of Bethy-hate. And disgust.

She's certifiable.

• Love 7

Um, am I the only one who had to look up "rim job"?

Originally I had it confused with "rim shot" and then someone spelled it out here in no uncertain terms, including mentioning why one would not be quick to raise a glass of "rim job" any time soon.  Ew. 

Are you trying to insult Carol or Bethenny with this?

I thought it was kind of a "two fer".  Most people don't like walking around with miscellaneous people up their rear-obviously it impedes their dance moves. 

• Love 9
#zerofucks

The-Wire-SHIT-Clay-Davis.gif

She gives so many fucks, she can't brand them all.

Beth and Teresa Giudice are a lot alike in that when they attack, their go-to weapon is their monetary success. To them, that's the most important part of their identity, not that they're a good parent, partner, or friend. Plus, they're both assholes.

I know someone that was Martin's date to one of Kyle's white parties...Her assumption is that LVP had Martin take her to the white party to piss off Adrianne. This acquaintance was a ho wife on one of the international versions of the show (it wasn't in English, so it wasn't shown in the US and never will be).

​Ooh, juicy! Thanks for sharing.

• Love 6

The-Wire-SHIT-Clay-Davis.gif

She gives so many fucks, she can't brand them all.

Beth and Teresa Giudice are a lot alike in that when they attack, their go-to weapon is their monetary success. To them, that's the most important part of their identity, not that they're a good parent, partner, or friend. Plus, they're both assholes.

​Ooh, juicy! Thanks for sharing.

I love your gif! I often think of Senator Clay Davis's infamous "Shheeeiiittttt"

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1

Maybe B did make me like Erika. I was fully prepared to dislike Erika based on what I'd read about her (totally not my thing) but she seems like a genuinely nice person with an alter ego that she enjoys. She and her husband seem to really like and love each other, she's not hurting anyone else and I loved how she kind of dismissed the B. And she raised a good son who's now a police officer. B is so self absorbed, frantic and money hungry, anyone else would look good compared to her. 

• Love 7

Lisa Rinna's pictures in Playboy were IMO, hardly sexual. It was more like, "Look how good my body looks at  7 months pregnant!" But then again, I just can't see Lisa Rinna as sexy, with her over styled hair (are her ears just gigantic or what? Why does she always have her hair fanned around her face? I'm guessing it's wonky ears) and boyish body she's just not a sex symbol to me. She must be loved by the lesbians or something. 

Also, her 2nd playboy spread (the not pregnant one) was one of the worst selling of all time, including: Faye Resnick, and Paris Hilton. 

• Love 1

Lisa Rinna's pictures in Playboy were IMO, hardly sexual. It was more like, "Look how good my body looks at 7 months pregnant!" But then again, I just can't see Lisa Rinna as sexy, with her over styled hair (are her ears just gigantic or what? Why does she always have her hair fanned around her face? I'm guessing it's wonky ears) and boyish body she's just not a sex symbol to me. She must be loved by the lesbians or something.

Also, her 2nd playboy spread (the not pregnant one) was one of the worst selling of all time, including: Faye Resnick, and Paris Hilton.

How did she fare compared to Chyna? Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

What was Bethenny doing with her mouth while she was chatting with Kyle and looking at Erika's Instagram feed before the others came. She was kind of chewing her lip in a very old-lady-who-may-have-lost-her-marbles way.  I wondered if she'd just had B'tox 'n' filler around there and her lip felt numb.

• Love 2

It's been 3 episodes and we haven't seen enough interaction between them. What I believe I have seen so far is a show of respect, a fondness and admiration for each other. 

Um, I dunno about that.  I thought that scene in the restaurant the Girardis dining with another couple (can't remember now who the other couple was) when they were engaging in dinner conversation, Erika started to interject something while her husband was talking, he cut her off abruptly with "I'm talking here" or something on that order.  Definitely not respectful -- in my book anyway -- and IMHO was a huge tell into their (unequal) relationship.

IMO, she has a right to be proud to still be married some 30+ years later to the same man. I will be married 38 years next month and it is my only marriage as it is my husbands only marriage. AND, YES, I /WE are very proud of that as well so I understand Lisa's pride in that accomplishment. It is rare now days to be married that long AND for it to be the only time you were married to boot. Sadly, it is the exception in todays world and not the rule.

I'm one of those who has an equally long-term marriage as yours, but I try never to bring it up or brag on it, and if anyone else does, I do what I can to soft pedal it. There's nasty shit in everyone's marriage that lasts such a long time.  We simply managed to keep it together thru it all, where others have given up.  I don't hate on anyone who decides to give up -- I've come VERY close many times to doing so myself.  Like last week . . . .   :->

• Love 7

I'm one of those who has an equally long-term marriage as yours, but I try never to bring it up or brag on it, and if anyone else does, I do what I can to soft pedal it. There's nasty shit in everyone's marriage that lasts such a long time.  We simply managed to keep it together thru it all, where others have given up.  I don't hate on anyone who decides to give up -- I've come VERY close many times to doing so myself.  Like last week . . . .   :->

I think we all face those times when we ask "what the he!!" no matter how long or short the marriage is. LOL

• Love 2

Um, I dunno about that.  I thought that scene in the restaurant the Girardis dining with another couple (can't remember now who the other couple was) when they were engaging in dinner conversation, Erika started to interject something while her husband was talking, he cut her off abruptly with "I'm talking here" or something on that order.  Definitely not respectful -- in my book anyway -- and IMHO was a huge tell into their (unequal) relationship.

You are quoting a older statement at the beginning of the season after a few episodes when we were first introduced to the Girardies (sp?) and we only received brief glimpses of the two interacting and I believe I was accurate at the time.  They seemed very respectful of each other. The only other couple I think we have seen them with so far are the Fosters. As with any new character on the show the more we see of them the more we start to see the stress points and cracks in the façade we are first given. I think people thought the same thing about Yoyo and "My Love" the first few episodes in as time went on we began to see more of their dynamic.

I stand by what I said then given what was first presented to us. As you can see from my current posts, after several more episodes have aired, I like others here are beginning to see the prickly bits in the relationship and we are receiving a more faceted picture of who these "new" people are. For Tom to speak to and correct Erica like that and her reaction to being corrected like that in public that tells me is that he has done it before in front of other people.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

You are quoting a older statement at the beginning of the season after a few episodes when we were first introduced to the Girardies (sp?) and we only received brief glimpses of the two interacting and I believe I was accurate at the time.  They seemed very respectful of each other.

Yep, I think you're right about that!  I had a thought just as I was posting this that the ep I was referring to might have been the next one.  (Slapping my own hand)

Yep, I think you're right about that!  I had a thought just as I was posting this that the ep I was referring to might have been the next one.  (Slapping my own hand)

No worries. I've also done that.  :-)