Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

Interesting history of the Kardashians in the beauty businesses.

"The Kardashian-Jenners are rich for a reason: They are very aware of where and how they spend money," says the source. "I'm not sure what the profit margins are like on their products, but I will say they are very savvy businesswomen when it comes to pricing and profits." Kylie Cosmetics' revolutionary powers were derived from its seeming authenticity as an extension of Kylie, the person; its sense of urgency and immediacy that expertly plays into the cultural obsession with "drops"; and, of course, direct marketing via social media.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FAILED KARDASHIAN BEAUTY BRANDS NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT

• Love 4

Interesting history of the Kardashians in the beauty businesses.

"The Kardashian-Jenners are rich for a reason: They are very aware of where and how they spend money," says the source. "I'm not sure what the profit margins are like on their products, but I will say they are very savvy businesswomen when it comes to pricing and profits." Kylie Cosmetics' revolutionary powers were derived from its seeming authenticity as an extension of Kylie, the person; its sense of urgency and immediacy that expertly plays into the cultural obsession with "drops"; and, of course, direct marketing via social media.

A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE FAILED KARDASHIAN BEAUTY BRANDS NO ONE EVER TALKS ABOUT

Litres????

"The volume of fat is also important. Most surgeons consider 300ml -- slightly less than a can of soda -- to be a safe amount. However, some more experienced surgeons use a much larger volume of fat that may be measured in litres."

Why butt lifts can be so dangerous

Edited by vast wasteland

They are very aware of where and how they spend money," says the source. "I'm not sure what the profit margins are like on their products, but I will say they are very savvy businesswomen when it comes to pricing and profits.

Perhaps my brain isn’t up to par, but this doesn’t make sense to me. How can one have no clue what the profit margins are, and then say they are savvy when it comes to pricing and profits?

• Love 8

I touched in this a bit in Kanye's thread. Here's the thing, when you have a legitimate mental disorder like bipolar, borderline etc you just can't control when stupid shit comes out of your mouth. Half the time you don't even remember why you said or did some thing. Kanye has always been a loose cannon, but the way he was around the time of the TMZ interview and even when he dropped his album this year he sounded deranged and unhinged. I have no doubt Kris and Kim came down hard on him about the brand (and we already know he feared Kim would leave him after the TMZ mess). As I said in his thread, he sounds miles better now. Damage control, yeah for sure. But IMO he's able to conduct more sane interviews now and has a better handle on his words. Maybe Kim threatened to leave him if he didnt get his shit together and is back in therapy and on meds. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

I touched in this a bit in Kanye's thread. Here's the thing, when you have a legitimate mental disorder like bipolar, borderline etc you just can't control when stupid shit comes out of your mouth. Half the time you don't even remember why you said or did some thing. Kanye has always been a loose cannon, but the way he was around the time of the TMZ interview and even when he dropped his album this year he sounded deranged and unhinged. I have no doubt Kris and Kim came down hard on him about the brand (and we already know he feared Kim would leave him after the TMZ mess). As I said in his thread, he sounds miles better now. Damage control, yeah for sure. But IMO he's able to conduct more sane interviews now and has a better handle on his words. Maybe Kim threatened to leave him if he didnt get his shit together and is back in therapy and on meds. 

As long as he refrains from making false assertions that Slavery was a choice.  My ancestors did not choose to be ripped from their families, cultures, languages, religions, land, way of life to be reduced to property to be bought and sold.  I will never understand how a Black man from the south side of Chicago could have said such nonsense..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

He has to take his meds for himself, not  because Kim threatens to leave him. I don’t think he likes life on medication, he wants to be the free thinker, genius that he thinks he is. I didn’t see his apology as sincere. It was closely worded to try and smooth things over and explain his thought process. But he  goes on to admit that he actually knows NOTHING about the subject of slavery, never bothered to read up on it. And then tried to blame TMZ for asking too many questions, and the fact that his new manager doesn’t exhert enough control over what he talks about. 

9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

As long as he refrains from making false assertions that Slavery was a choice.  My ancestors did not choose to be ripped from their families, cultures, languages, religions, land, way of life to be reduced to property to be bought and sold.  I will never understand how a Black man from the south side of Chicago could have said such nonsense..

He pretty much admitted he was talking out of his ass and has no real knowledge of the subject. For someone whose mom was an educator, he certainly has no intellectual curiosity. If it’s true he had his first mental break @5 and his mother didn’t bother getting him any psychological help, makes me wonder just how educated she was.

• Love 13

In a powerful interview with Channel 4 News’ Ways to Change to World podcast, Jameela Jamil (of The Good Place and actual heaven) discussed her issue with the Kardashians and what she sees as their toxic influence on women and girls.

She hasn’t kept this opinion to herself in the past. She’s called the sisters out over their public and profitable obsession with weight and weight loss, including marketing weight-loss suckers to very young and often already very slim girls. Jamil and other actresses, including Stephanie Beatriz and Emmy Rossum, also called them out for using “skinny” and “anorexic” and being “concerned” as compliments regarding how small Kim’s waist has become.

In this interview, Jamil referenced Kim Kardashian as just one example of what she calls a “double agent of the patriarchy,” a hell of a phrase. Jamil argues that the expectation that women should only ever lift each other up and never criticize each other, lest we be dubbed bad feminists, is dangerous.

“When someone is doing something that is toxic and damaging to people and they have a huge platform and they are speaking to loads of people, [if] that person is saying something that is dangerous, we should all be allowed to say something about that. I don’t think you can just attack that person, I don’t think that helps anything. I think you have to offer constructive criticism,” she says.

She went on to explain, “The double agent of the patriarchy is basically just a woman who, perhaps unknowingly, is still putting the patriarchal narrative out into the world, is still benefiting off, profiting off, and selling a patriarchal narrative to other women.” What she says these women are selling is a problem with our looks–our weight, our wrinkles, anything at all. Ultimately, they’re “selling us self-consciousness.”

highlighting mine

Listen to Jameela Jamil’s Brilliant Take on Body Image, Self Worth, and the “Double Agent of the Patriarchy” Kardashians

Had not thought about this in quite this way.  Supporting and touting the the patriarchal narrative while also profiting off it.  

• Love 11

So, when I heard Chris Appleton (a.k.a. Kim Kardashian's stylist and Color Wow ambassador) was in town, I jumped at the chance to have him style my hair. I’m a huge Kardashian fan, so when he agreed to try extensions I’m pretty sure I let out a tiny yelp. Our plan: Clip in extensions. The goal: A whole new me, without any major commitments.

I Got Hair Extensions From Kim Kardashian’s Hair Stylist — & Only Freaked Out Once

A preview from this week's new ep. Kourtney and Scott bickering after he introduced his girlfriend, Sofia, to the kids (I hope we get to see that on-camera!). I never understand why Kourtney smiles/laughs her way through these tense moments with family members. Is it because she's amused by how fake/scripted everything is, or is she laughing off what the other person is saying? I can see where that would be very frustrating for the other person who's trying to discuss something serious with her.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BrainyBlonde said:

A preview from this week's new ep. Kourtney and Scott bickering after he introduced his girlfriend, Sofia, to the kids (I hope we get to see that on-camera!). I never understand why Kourtney smiles/laughs her way through these tense moments with family members. Is it because she's amused by how fake/scripted everything is, or is she laughing off what the other person is saying? I can see where that would be very frustrating for the other person who's trying to discuss something serious with her.

I think she laughs because emotional/personal things embarrass her - especially on camera.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, nkotb said:

This one is actually a shocker. I thought they might make it.

Brandon & Leah Split

Kind of not shocked. When couples are together so long, unmarried, and then marry, it seems that sometimes it may be that the marriage was an attempt to save a dying relationship .  It’s sad though because they both seem like nice people. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Marley said:

That’s too bad. That message though is such a joke. If they love each other so much and nothing went wrong at all as they seem to say then why are they divorcing? Lol so stupid.

I know, right?

That's really sad they're divorcing. I always loved the two of them and thought they were so down to Earth (or at least as down to Earth as two trust fund babies could possibly be).

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Marley said:

That’s too bad. That message though is such a joke. If they love each other so much and nothing went wrong at all as they seem to say then why are they divorcing? Lol so stupid.

This seems to be the trend now, celebrities announce their divorce with the most ridiculous announcements that tell how they are "lovingly" separating. Chris Pratt & Anna Faris did it, Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan did it, & Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux did it. It sounds so stupid.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

This one is actually a shocker. I thought they might make it.

Brandon & Leah Split

Bummer! The three of them are so cool, and seemed very happy - to me it sounds like one (or both) wants to be free, perhaps because they are better friends than lovers and/or someone else looks like a better match. Love Eva on their instagrams!

14 minutes ago, GaT said:

This seems to be the trend now, celebrities announce their divorce with the most ridiculous announcements that tell how they are "lovingly" separating. Chris Pratt & Anna Faris did it, Channing Tatum & Jenna Dewan did it, & Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux did it. It sounds so stupid.

I think the joint statements are very functional in that the couple writes the story together instead of replying separately to reporters - and it’s smart to say there’s no more they’re going to say. Also, a united, respectful front is best for the kids.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I think the joint statements are very functional in that the couple writes the story together instead of replying separately to reporters - and it’s smart to say there’s no more they’re going to say. Also, a united, respectful front is best for the kids.

They can do all that without telling everyone how they're "lovingly" doing it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GaT said:

They want their children, family, friends, fans and colleagues to know that they aren’t at war and nobody needs to take sides - serves a good purpose imo.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, nexxie said:

They want their children, family, friends, fans and colleagues to know that they aren’t at war and nobody needs to take sides - serves a good purpose imo.

yeah, yeah, but wouldn't it be refreshing to get the HONEST version?

“Hi everybody, it is with love in our hearts FOR YOU BUT NOT EACH OTHER that we feel it’s time to share some personal news with you all TELL EVERYONE WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING VERSUS WHAT WE WANTED YOU TO SEE ON TV.   

After celebrating MANAGING TO TOLERATE EACH OTHER FOR fourteen beautiful years together, ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME we CAME have lovingly come to the decision to end the CHARADE THAT WE EVER WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH EACH OTHER EVER AGAIN OR EVEN LOOK AT EACH OTHER ACROSS THE DINNER TABLE. romantic aspect of our relationship,” they said. “We are deeply proud of the life we’ve cultivated together WE MADE YOU THINK WE HAD and are truly grateful for the bond of friendship we MONEY WE hold and cherish today AS A RESULT. It is stronger MORE than ever.”

“Even though we have chosen to separate as a couple, we still love one another very, very much and HAVE TO remain a major part of each other’s lives — as best friends, family and loving parents to our daughter,” they continued. “There has been no lying or cheating or fighting that prompted this change WE WILL EVER ADMIT TO PUBLICLY, WE just an expansion of our individual evolution which has inspired us to GOT SICK OF support each other in a new way BY HAVING TO PICK UP HIS SKANKY STAINED TIGHTY WHITIES AND HAVING TO PULL HER HAIR OUT OF THE DRAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN. We are still, very much, a loving family and are PARENTS bonded by a deep connection that is rooted in love OUR KID.”

“Here we openly share our VERSION OF THE truth with you all and, respectfully, we won’t be commenting further so WHEN THIS ALL CONSCIOUS UNCOUPLING BULLSHIT  GOES SOUTH THE LAWYERS DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO USE THAT WOULD COST US MONEY. anything that might state the contrary of this message would, undoubtedly, be a fabrication,”  Thank you for BELIEVING OUR BULLSHIT LIES AND PADDING OUR BANK ACCOUNTS your love and support and big love back to you guys!”

:-D   :-D   :-D 

• Love 18
4 hours ago, GaT said:

It all started with GOOP and her and her husband’s “ conscious uncoupling”. Damn them.  I want anger, bitterness and vitriol from my celebrity splits.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Lol they can have a good divorcing message without being so fake and over the top..no one wants personal details but it’s ridic the messages they put out ..

I agree. A simple "We've decided to separate, please respect our privacy blah blah blah..." would suffice. But all this flowery language about love and respect and forever friendship is such a load of bullshit. If that was really the case, you wouldn't be divorcing in the first place.

• Love 10

Wow! Just goes to show that even the couples that seem happy could be a mess behind the cameras. 

A few months ago an acquaintance of mine posted this very sweet, very carefully worded announcement on Facebook about her and her husband separating. Everyone seemed so shocked and her husband posted in the comments "oh please these people should know the truth, you're a deranged obsessed bitch who I can't wait to divorce". I was like :o at least he was honest lol

• Love 13
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Wow! Just goes to show that even the couples that seem happy could be a mess behind the cameras. 

A few months ago an acquaintance of mine posted this very sweet, very carefully worded announcement on Facebook about her and her husband separating. Everyone seemed so shocked and her husband posted in the comments "oh please these people should know the truth, you're a deranged obsessed bitch who I can't wait to divorce". I was like :o at least he was honest lol

Clearly, neither of those statements was co-authored!

• Love 2

yeah they really can just say that they have grown apart as a couple but plan to be great co-parents for their child if they want to say anything at all. Some of those messages really go way over the top. I have to say though, out of all the Kardashian/Jenner mess of a family, I thought Brandon and Leah seemed genuinely happy together. I mean, I guess at one point they were, but clearly not anymore.

I do like them out of the bunch of KarJenners because they are the only ones who don't find the need to be trashy to exist.

• Love 6

I see the KARDASHIAN TRUST purchased a multi million dollar mansion at the site of the Coachella festival. 

2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

yeah they really can just say that they have grown apart as a couple but plan to be great co-parents for their child if they want to say anything at all. Some of those messages really go way over the top. I have to say though, out of all the Kardashian/Jenner mess of a family, I thought Brandon and Leah seemed genuinely happy together. I mean, I guess at one point they were, but clearly not anymore.

I do like them out of the bunch of KarJenners because they are the only ones who don't find the need to be trashy to exist.

I guess not having a lot of interaction over the years with Kris and the rest of them turned out to be a blessing.

• Love 1

The Kardashian sisters vary greatly in height. But over the weekend Kim, Khloe and Kourtney all looked to be the same height in a new photo to plug the current season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Khloe is by far the tallest at 5ft10in with Kim trailing far behind at 5ft3in and Kourtney being the shortest at 5ft1in.

This appeared to be another case of Photoshopping and fans were not pleased. Many commented on how this would be Kourtney's dream height, but it's just not reality. It looks as if Kim and Kourtney had their legs elongated and Khloe had hers shortened by a Photoshop wiz at E!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/kim-5ft3in-kourtney-5ft1in-and-khloe-5ft10in-are-oddly-all-the-same-height-in-latest-keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-photo-snafu/ar-AAAAFzd?li=BBnb2gh

Kim, Kourtney, & I think that's Larsa Pippen went to the Beyonce/Jay Z concert Sunday. They look....well, you can see how they look

0924-stars-on-the-run-ii-tour-photos-lau

Is it my imagination or is the bottom of Kim's ass/top of her thighs getting wider? Is her ass dropping?

I can't wait for these people to hit 40.  

Why 40?  Because the changes that start happening at 40 are immediate - like  light switch goes off.  Between the metabolism slow down and changes in skin elasticity the Klan isn't going to know what hit them.  Yes, there's photo shop, yes, there's more surgery, however eventually nature WILL take over.  And it's not going to like how they've mutilated their bodies.  Imagine the sagging....they will not age gracefully.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, GaT said:

Kim, Kourtney, & I think that's Larsa Pippen went to the Beyonce/Jay Z concert Sunday. They look....well, you can see how they look

Is it my imagination or is the bottom of Kim's ass/top of her thighs getting wider? Is her ass dropping?

Tyson was correct, her hips are uneven.

Kourt looks like she's scratching her crotch.

Larsa looks desperate.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, GaT said:

They look like hookers on the stroll.?

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Kimmy looks trashy and misshapen there. Not to mention miserable!

That's because she's going to a concert. Where's there's music. And people dancing. And someone might try to make her dance.

• Love 2

The dude who posted awhile back that one of Kim's hips is lower than the other one was right on. And now that's all I see. I don't watch the show, all told, over the years I've seen maybe an accumulated hour. Still photos are one thing but what I live for are video clips that show her walking. My hell, she walks like she has a full diaper! Doesn't matter if it's a view from the front, back or side - she can't help but do the full diaper waddle. LMAO!

• Love 7
On 9/8/2018 at 8:27 AM, BrainyBlonde said:

Yeah.... this isn’t how formerly together, now broken up co parents discuss something this emotional.  Slouched on white couches, 10 feet apart.  And Sophia is a longtime family friend so no way Kourtney kids don’t know her.  Even the body language is stupid, like they had this fight before and are reinacting it on zoloft

• Love 1

I'm thinking that someone in the organization (I'm looking at you, Momager) put out a memo to the girls that they should fight back hard when the media notes anything negative about their constant self promotion.  And no one should judge them.  Ever.  And practice what you preach is obviously not part of their lexicon. 

Kourtney Kardashian strikes back at haters who attack her work life and parenting on social media

US Breaking Down All of Khloe Kardashian's Cryptic Social Media Messages

I know they have a business to maintain, and a financially successful one, I'll admit, but does it never occur to them that 

1.  Enough is enough.  how much money do they have to have, exactly, to live a good life?  

2.  If they didn't aggressively put every aspect of their life out for public display, perhaps (scary thought for them, I'm sure) no one would care what they wore, what they said, how they raised their kids...

5xuJUPZ.jpg

8d82f0ee6f82b71280dc93b3faaf0076.jpeg

• Love 8