Type keyword(s) to search

Kardashians in the Media

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, GaT said:

So it reminds you of their asses?

Watching  a view from the rear of them teetering  along in their fuck me heels and tight pants brings to mind the rear view of the Triple Crown line up as they enter the starting gate.

• Love 15

Time magazine came out with "The 25 Most Influential People on the Internet" & Kylie & Kanye are both on the list. Kim is not. What do you think she's going to do? Is another nude selfie going to be enough? I mean, even Kanye is being called more influential than her, is a nude selfie going to be enough?

• Love 10

Hence the cutesy video with Tristan and Khloe.

Who gives a shit if someone “unfollows” them? Who wants to read the moronic comments of Kim Kardashian and her equally moronic family? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, iwasish said:

Hence the cutesy video with Tristan and Khloe.

Who gives a shit if someone “unfollows” them? Who wants to read the moronic comments of Kim Kardashian and her equally moronic family? 

My thoughts exactly!

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

New season trailer:

https://www.etonline.com/kim-kardashian-pushes-kourtney-to-tears-after-screaming-match-in-new-kuwtk-promo-105243

Interesting that in some ways Kourt does seem to be over the Kardashians (as claimed in the video) - but she flashes her ass more than ever so...

Kourtney has been saying for a good 3 years that she's sick of the fame and sick of the show, yet she gets more and more consumed by the fame. She has said before she didnt want the kids on the show anymore yet she never once stopped them from being filmed, she said once she wished the show would end but admitted she always gets pulled in by the thrill of it all. I don't believe for a minute she's over the Kardashians because she knows damn well that without the Kardashian brand she's nothing and that if she ever cut herself off from the brand she wouldn't get nearly the attention she gets now. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Kourtney has been saying for a good 3 years that she's sick of the fame and sick of the show, yet she gets more and more consumed by the fame. She has said before she didnt want the kids on the show anymore yet she never once stopped them from being filmed, she said once she wished the show would end but admitted she always gets pulled in by the thrill of it all. I don't believe for a minute she's over the Kardashians because she knows damn well that without the Kardashian brand she's nothing and that if she ever cut herself off from the brand she wouldn't get nearly the attention she gets now. 

Or she wouldn’t get nearly the earnings she gets now.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Or she wouldn’t get nearly the earnings she gets now.

I doubt any of them are hurting for cash or will for the rest of their lives and their children’s lives. I think Kim is most at risk unless she’s keeping her money far out of Kanye’s grasp. Cause he’ll spend his and then hers in a heartbeat on one failed flight of fancy after another. 

Kourney has been much more visible in the last few years, possibly because she’s out of a bad relationship and her kids are a bit older and at least Mason and probably P are in school. 

I still think she’ll miss public life the least of all the Kardashians. 

• Love 5

Kanye and Kim are both worth about 160 and 170 million dollars respectively. Even with all the money pissed away at failed ventures and millions socked into their home renovations they aren't going to go broke anytime soon because they have successful product lines that are constant moneymakers. Even Kanye's "slavery" comment didn't hinder Yeezy sneaker sales.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m more surprised Kendall is in the upcoming season trailer. Last season she was barley there.

I noticed that ever since the Kardashians basically disowned Caitlyn, Kendall has changed her looks and persona to be much more Kardashian than Jenner.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, iwasish said:

I noticed that ever since the Kardashians basically disowned Caitlyn, Kendall has changed her looks and persona to be much more Kardashian than Jenner.

I mean I guess? She’s sort of a non entity on the show for me now. I mean I know Kylie was too less season because they were hiding her pregnancy but Kendall always shows up and is just kind of there? I feel like half the time she isn’t even aware of what the storyline is for the episode. I still remember that Christmas special that they clearly filmed in September or October and Kendall showed up to their faux holiday dinner like after everyone left just so she could make her appearance for the day. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean I guess? She’s sort of a non entity on the show for me now. I mean I know Kylie was too less season because they were hiding her pregnancy but Kendall always shows up and is just kind of there? I feel like half the time she isn’t even aware of what the storyline is for the episode. I still remember that Christmas special that they clearly filmed in September or October and Kendall showed up to their faux holiday dinner like after everyone left just so she could make her appearance for the day. 

It has to be difficult when your father is persona non grata with everyone but your one sister. Kendall always seemed to try to keep the relationship with her father going and yet Caitlyn cared more that Kylie and the Kardashian girls were distant. I think she feels disappointed in Caitlyn and also there’s a tension with her half sisters because of their estrangement with Caitlyn. I think Kendall is trying to be more Kardashian in order to have that family connection that she grew up with and also to subconsciously stick it to her father.  I don’t think she really has anything that much in common with the Kardashian way of life, it’s the closeness she craves. She strikes me as odd girl out amongst them. Maybe now that she’s shacking up with someone and being out in the tabloids with drama in her life she’ll be more a part of that side of the klan.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, iwasish said:

It has to be difficult when your father is persona non grata with everyone but your one sister. Kendall always seemed to try to keep the relationship with her father going and yet Caitlyn cared more that Kylie and the Kardashian girls were distant. I think she feels disappointed in Caitlyn and also there’s a tension with her half sisters because of their estrangement with Caitlyn. I think Kendall is trying to be more Kardashian in order to have that family connection that she grew up with and also to subconsciously stick it to her father.  I don’t think she really has anything that much in common with the Kardashian way of life, it’s the closeness she craves. She strikes me as odd girl out amongst them. Maybe now that she’s shacking up with someone and being out in the tabloids with drama in her life she’ll be more a part of that side of the klan.

Yeah she does seem to be embracing her Kardashian side more. And Kendall was the last one I enjoyed because he seemed to not be into it.. now she totally is.

Also I don’t know if we’re ever going to get any real drama regarding Tristen and KhloeI think now it’ll be all faux drama because Khloe stayed with him and probably has said what she wants to be shown. Honestly the most real reaction we got was when Kim went on Ellen and was angry and the. tisten blocked her. And a a week or so later she had to backpeddle her feelings on it and I feel like that is how the show is going to play it too.  And I guess that’s okay because at the end of the day, there is a little girl involved but we aren’t going to get anything real out of that because of the fact that Khloe is still with him. If anything were going to get more scenes like that stupid little video where Kim was like “ha ha should he unfollow him since it’s Khloes birthday?”

Also who was the person Kris was talking that’s “he’s still part of our family” it wasn’t Cait because Kendall asked “what about my dad?” I guess it could be Scott but there’s never been a question that the Kardashian’s still treat him like part of the family. 

Eta: hours later.. the trailer isn’t just annoying. I get that the Ks and Js try to be in on the joke and try to be in on the joke and meta but it falls flat to me always. Hence Kim’s Instagram video on Khloes birthday.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

I don't really watch the show , but from what I see when I catch an episode here or there , Scott is still part of the family . I wonder if he really has anything to do with them or he's just on the show because he's popular with the audience . I know he shares kids with kourtney but that doesn't mean he would still hang out with all of them like buddies . Then again , are any of them really close in real life ? Or do they just have to be under the same roof for filming ?

6 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Kim is actually there at #30 with 67 million. Still way, way below Kylie but mindboggling at how many hard working, talented people she's above. 

Huh, I missed her.

I’m guessing that the previews are deliberately deceiving- as usual. Kourtney and Khloé both seem like they wouldn’t mind a break from celebrity- hood. 

Kim is still all consumed with fame, attention and celeb status. Same for Kris. 

• Love 2
On 6/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, iwasish said:

Watching  a view from the rear of them teetering  along in their fuck me heels and tight pants brings to mind the rear view of the Triple Crown line up as they enter the starting gate.

I love you.

• Love 2

Edited to add:  Finally got to watch all of the question answer videos linked in the post above. 

Honestly, I thought Kylie would be the most inane, but I have to give both the Most Inane AND the Most Boring awards to Kourtney.   

That voice, of course, grates on me, but combine that with the monotone and the tedious, long drawn out, seemingly endless answers, well, Kourtney wins hands down.  All this, of course, my opinion only.

DgAOWtpVMAASYvT.jpg

Edited by vast wasteland
  • Love 2

The Dangerous Kardashian Effect and the Profound Impact of the Superficial

Research shows that the more images of wealth we see in media, the more we imagine others are wealthier than they actually are. And the economist Juliet Schor tells us that unlike the old days, when we compared ourselves to the family next door, who were a little more successful than us, we now compare ourselves to the celebrities with whom we spend more time than our actual neighbors. Keeping up with the Joneses has become Keeping up with the Kardashians, and the American Dream has morphed from an attainable goal, the result of hard work, to a fantasy way of life characterized by self-indulgence, celebrity, and narcissism.

• Love 7

Ryan Seacrest calls 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' his biggest contribution to the world

In an interview with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday, Seacrest said he realized the reality TV show's importance after veteran journalist Larry King, whom he called a "very close" friend, asked him about his contributions to the world.

"Larry King had a dinner one night, and he had foreign leaders over, Sidney Poitier and all these important people, and Larry's like, 'And what we'll do is, we'll go around the table and everybody talk about what they have contributed," Seacrest recalled. "So I say, 'Have any of you guys heard of the Kardashians? ... Well, I helped create that.'"

Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

Ryan Seacrest speaks onstage during the ABC Television/Disney portion of the 2018 Winter Television Critics Association Press Tour at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Jan. 8, 2018 in Pasadena, California.more +

He said the world leaders in the room had "a lot of questions" for him, but they definitely knew who the Kardashians were.

"That's my contribution. And I'm proud," Seacrest said.

Ryan Seacrest calls 'Keeping up with the Kardashians' his biggest contribution to the world

In an interview with Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday, Seacrest said he realized the reality TV show's importance after veteran journalist Larry King, whom he called a "very close" friend, asked him about his contributions to the world.

"Larry King had a dinner one night, and he had foreign leaders over, Sidney Poitier and all these important people, and Larry's like, 'And what we'll do is, we'll go around the table and everybody talk about what they have contributed," Seacrest recalled. "So I say, 'Have any of you guys heard of the Kardashians? ... Well, I helped create that.'"

Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images

Ryan Seacrest speaks onstage during the ABC Television/Disney portion of the 2018 Winter Television Critics Association Press Tour at The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Jan. 8, 2018 in Pasadena, California.more +

He said the world leaders in the room had "a lot of questions" for him, but they definitely knew who the Kardashians were.

"That's my contribution. And I'm proud," Seacrest said.

Edited by vast wasteland

Kathy Griffin says Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner ‘were there for me’ during Trump photo backlash

Kathy Griffin came to the defense of the Kardashian family on Wednesday, saying that Kim Kardashian and family matriarch Kris Jenner “were there for me” after her infamous Donald Trump photo was published and “99 percent of my liberal anti-Trump Hollywood friends abandoned me.”

I think that Donald Trump photo had a devastating effect on Kathy Griffin.

• Love 3

Shane Dawson’s new documentaries crack YouTube culture’s Kardashian problem

Kardashian related content:

Today’s era of YouTube recalls reality TV’s struggle with constant connectivity, and the inherent problems the genre faced as we all became permanently logged on. Love them or hate them, the Kardashians were at the heart of a cultural shift.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians premiered on E! in 2007. It was a pre-Snapchat, pre-Instagram age, and Twitter wasn’t the communication behemoth it is today. MySpace was the main form of communication between main star Kim Kardashian and her fans. Photos were mostly taken with traditional digital cameras, and uploaded to a computer, slowly transferred from one device to the next. It wasn’t hard work, but it was certainly more laborious than anything after the smartphone revolution. Unless people were setting up alerts and paying attention to blogs, keeping up with the tabloid-famous family meant tuning into the show. Keeping Up with the Kardashians didn’t just become appointment television, but the series cultivated a devoted community around the show.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians also became an interesting case study into how social media and personal technology drastically changed the relationship between fans and the Kardashian family members.

Not only did the show turn them into celebrities overnight, but they quickly dominated new platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat. Kylie Jenner, Khloe, Kourtney and Kim Kardashian documented every single part of their life on social media. Every new hair style change or relationship development wound up online and in embeddable form. The show became less necessary. Keeping Up still entertained, but it wasn’t informative. It wasn’t something that people needed to catch immediately to be on top of the latest news. They didn’t need to wait until Sunday. They just needed to refresh their Instagram feed before bed.

That changed in 2016 when Kim Kardashian was held at gunpoint in her room during a trip to Paris for Fashion Week. Nearly all of the Kardashians went silent on social media for a brief time, and Kim staying away from Snapchat and Instagram entirely for a lengthy period. No one knew what was going on in the family — or with the family — outside of a few gossipy blog posts. The 13th season of the show, however, turned the robbery, and the Kardashian family’s recovery, into a major plot point.

At the time, there was debate over whether this was manipulating an emotional situation for attention, but whether cashing in on a crime or depicting a naturally dramatic situation, one thing was clear: Keeping Up with the Kardashians overcame the The Kardashian Conundrum to become newsworthy again. The urgency and exclusivity of intimate conversations helped the series reclaim its spot as appointment TV. The show filled a gap that social media simply couldn’t.

• Love 1

I can't with the constant gaping mouth. 

If that is her without filters, she looks like shit.

Has there been some kind of study released that claims playing with marmosets will make you lose weight? Making a mask of marmoset shit is a good beauty treatment?  Otherwise I can't imagine her even looking at one.

She had them around her kids? Kourtney too? How stupid. Disease for one thing and little kids can hurt small animals if they mishandle them.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 5
On 8/4/2018 at 1:11 AM, vast wasteland said:

NEW STUDY SAYS WATCHING THE KARDASHIANS ACTUALLY MAKES YOU A WORSE PERSON

"The way this is expressed depends on our culture. If there is more emphasis on materialism as a way to be happy, this makes us more inclined to be selfish and anti-social, and therefore unsympathetic to people less fortunate."

Oh I don’t know.  I’m thinking of wearing skin tight pants and a tank top to go help the homeless because of kim.  But I can’t get my highlight and contour right. 

BTW, Shane Dawson is a piece of shit who would kiss Kardashian ass if he could get close enough. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 3