Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Moving In

• Start Topic

The couples head home and divide up living expenses. Also: David is worried about Ashley's desire to spend a night apart; Samantha finds it difficult to move in with Neil; and Tres and Vanessa have a dispute about where they should live.

Ashley seems to be warming up to David a little, enough to make jokes and laugh at his. Although, when David said he'd rather not live close to Ashley's "old" house because she may escape there to "study" and separate from him and she seemed a little offended and wondered why he would think of such a thing---I lol'ed because, DUH!. she's practically done it twice already. She has a clear track record of separating herself from him. She slept in a different room on their honeymoon and went back to her house while we went back to his when the honeymoon was over. I say that's a legitimate concern.

• Love 11

“Are you comfortable talking about salaries?” You have no choice, you’re married.

David makes $175K a year? Good for him. I remain surprised that he hasn't been able to link up with anyone.

Atlanta housing prices seem to vary wildly. (The guy who showed Sam and Neil places was very cute. Call me, realtor guy!) Sam’s mortgage is only SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS? Is that normal for Atlanta? When Neil said his mortgage and HOA fees were $1200, that seemed like a totally reasonable amount to me but Sam was acting like he'd way overpaid.

I don’t think any of them, particularly the ones that own, should get rid of their places. This might not last and why start over again if it doesn’t? Even if they decide to live in one of their places, the other should keep theirs. After the six-week mark they can talk about what they're going to do, but I wouldn’t consider getting rid of my place before then. Sam should definitely keep her place – it’s a great investment if her numbers are right.

Interesting that Ashley and her ex were together for nine years but didn’t live together. Maybe she doesn’t want to do that before she married (no judgment there).

The man as breadwinner is interesting to me. My best friend outearns her husband and always will (they’re in the same field – met in law school – but she’s … better at it than he is, frankly) and it’s the biggest issue in their marriage. Another of my best friends dated an unemployed guy for four years, and then dated a guy with a good job and she was relieved when she found out he made more than she did. And these are pretty progressive women. I'm not sure Ashley is comfortable with it but I think that's partly because she's not comfortable with David.

• Love 5

My husband makes a good salary as a computer engineer, but I outearn him by a nice bit...

When we met, he was casually seeing another woman and after a couple of months broke things off with her to date me exclusively. He told me later that one of many reasons he was more interested in me was because of my earning power (she was a sales clerk at a store in the mall; I'm a corporate attorney). He said it's a lot of pressure to carry the financial burden for your family alone....and I totally get that. He also said he thinks career women are sexy as hell. And his final comment was that as long as he gets to spend it, why would he care which of us makes it?

One of many things I love about him is that clearly, he's nobody's fool. (-;

Edited by MommyToMyCats
  • Love 6

Wow, Ashley was actually smiling in tonight's episode. It's the prettiest I've ever seen her look. Part of me thinks that Ashley only warmed up to David after she learned that he made a very good living and was willing to foot the bill for a beautiful home and would cover all of the bills while she finished school. That's a pretty sweet set up for her.

It's definitely strange that she was with her ex for nine years and never lived with him.

Anyway, Neil cracked me up when he was talking about wax being Sam's thing. He's a weird guy but I like his sense of humor. I think these two might end up friends but there is zero chance that they will get physical.

This season feels so much different than season one. I think with the first season the couples were looking at this as a real marriage and merging two lives but in this season everyone seems to be already looking at the end date.

• Love 8

Sam and Neil seemed the most "normal" in this episode, and I thought they acted like a real couple. It was interesting though that Sam kept saying Neil was acting for the cameras. Ashley still seems really guarded and I wonder if at any point David just came out and asked her if she wanted to be married. For the life of me, I can't imagine how someone like her would want to be on a show like this.

Tres and Vanessa seem OK, but I can't get a read on Tres. He seems vaguely unhappy, but I can't tell for sure.

• Love 2

This season feels so much different than season one. I think with the first season the couples were looking at this as a real marriage and merging two lives but in this season everyone seems to be already looking at the end date.

Everyone has one foot out of the door this season... they aren't acting like this is a marriage, they are acting like this is a 6 week experiment.

• Love 9

It was interesting though that Sam kept saying Neil was acting for the cameras.

Don't even get me started on that. She's worried he might be faking being so nice because of the cameras...but at least that says a little something about him. She doesn't even have the sense to pretend to be a good person for the camera.

• Love 14

Yes, you hit the nail on the head, I feel the same way. With maybe the exception of Tres and Vanessa I don't see these couples staying together for the long haul.

• Love 2

And Sam's little outdated notion that Neil should pay 60% while she pays 40% only works IMHO if their salaries have that same ratio. What if he made less than she did? he still has to pay 60 because he has a penis? Grow up Sam!

I had the same thought about the 60/40 split. It seemed totally arbitrary. To my mind, you split household expenses by percentage. If I make $4K a month and Idris Elba makes $6K a month, then we'd split our household expenses 60/40, with him paying the 60. Sam just seemed to be like, well, you're the man, so pay more because I said so.

I don't really get what she's talking about re: Neil being different in front of the camera, but she seems really pissed about it. She's stank in general, but she seems particularly stank about that.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 12

I still don't see why people think Neil doesn't have a nice body. He wears a lot of tanks and you can see he's got nice arms and definition in his chest. I also don't see why people don't think Ashley's good looking. I think she's gorgeous. ...and David has a nice ass.

• Love 2

When did season 2 implode? I think it was around the time the season 3 cast got married...

The last episode of season two aired in the beginning of June so this group got married a few weeks after season two ended. I don't understand why anyone would agree to go on this show after watching that disaster.

• Love 3

So, I was disappointed that we weren't treated to Neil's introduction to Sam's sugar gliders! Man, I wanted to see Neil's eyes go all googly-oogly as Sam released the darlings to flap and bat their way into Neil's beard. Maybe make a nest in there. Another golden opportunity lost.

Sam is working very hard to convince us that Neil is a poseur. She mentioned three different times, once to her gf, that Neil is "different" when the camera is off. If she wants to keep up that kind of complaint, she will need to be specific and get an explanation from him on camera.

When Dr Pepper made her home visit to talk to Sam and her sugar gliders and pup, did she happen to see that closet, packed from stem to stern with stress-reduction candles? Did that stash raise any alarm bells with Dr Peppy La Schwartz?

There is something seriously amiss with Sam's emotional equilibrium. AND, she is a very ANGRY person. Her willing participation in this show is a mystery.

Same goes for Ashley. Wow. She may have had one bf for the last nine years, but I bet they were platonic. She has no intention of sleeping with Dave. Unless we see a sea-change, this couple is doomed. And again, WTF inspired Ashley to do this show? Nuts.

Vanessa MUST STOP giggling after every sentence. How is she a successful corporate event planner? Tres is coasting on his easygoing swagger. I don't think he's serious about the marriage at all. He's having a nice time, some fun with a hottie. But I think he's already bored and done. Vanessa will be very hurt once this is over.

Those rental prices were making me choke. The NYC/northern NJ metro area is a TAD higher.

What is it with the "men as breadwinner/caretaker" mindset coming from all the participants? I'm shocked by it. Is it a Southern thing because it's not a generational thing up here.

• Love 12

"I can't wait to move in with David," says Ashley with a forced smile and about as much enthusiasm as someone getting a root canal.

Do people often go house hunting at night?  I still think Vanessa is adorable, but she giggles A LOT.  Maybe...stop that.  And sorry if this is crude, but Tres just looks like he can't wait to hit that so he can stop the lovey dovey nonsense and start asking Vanessa to make him a sandwich.  

But you guys!  Ashley is totally warming up to David!  She is turning around!  And all it took was a six figure salary.

Sam thinks she's cute and goofy but no sweetie, you're not.  And that's a lot of fucking wax.  Jesus.  Have fun with that Neil.  I can picture him coming back home and smelling apples or something and being like "Damn it, what's wrong NOW?"

Edited by Ivana Tinkle
  • Love 18

What's really interesting is that FYI is SHOWING Sam's complaints about Neil posing for the cameras. Remember how they made Davina look crazy by ignoring how Sean was only there for the cameras during S2? I think Sam might be getting set up, which would be funny because most people don't like her now.

I think the couples don't take this experiment as seriously now that it has 65% failure rate. I also think they should tell the women flat out there is almost no chance they will be physically attracted to their groom at first sight, because they're all still deluded about that.

• Love 5

I guess they were all cued by production to talk about finances for this episode?

But you guys!  Ashley is totally warming up to David!  She is turning around!  And all it took was a six figure salary.

Oh my yes, she did like that, and the lovely house, thank you very much.  It's all looking very different now to Ashley.

• Love 3

I guess they were all cued by production to talk about finances for this episode?

Oh my yes, she did like that, and the lovely house, thank you very much.  It's all looking very different now to Ashley.

Makes me believe what was written in the spoiler thread - not really a spoiler so I'll repost it here:

On theknot.com someone wrote this about Ashley. Believable or beef?

Avy

I know her and her family personally and they are all into themselves, they think they are God's gifts if you know what I mean, and very materialistic. I hope it works out.

http://www.theknot.com/news/married-at-first-sight-ashley-doherty-husband-not-typical-type-1890

• Love 3

There were rumors that Ashley is materialistic and this episode confirmed that.  Suddenly she's on board with everything and going with the flow now that David's taken her out of a tiny apartment on a tight budget into what I would consider a freaking palace by comparison.  Before that she was totally checked out and looking at her email all the time, like she was just there to fulfill her contract and nothing more.  And her mother is all smiles too.  Unbelievable.

Why is David still single?  Hard to tell just yet but knowing geeks the way I do they just don't attract women the way a guy like Tres would.  Plus they usually pick all the wrong kinds, too.  They can be dense about relationships and miss some of the finer points of romance.  They are often overly optimistic about lost causes.  I see some of that in David although after a week of the cold shoulder from Ashley he definitely got the message loud and clear that she wasn't into him.  It flipped me out when Ashley said he had a tendency to "jump to conclusions", which she said he did concerning her behavior after the honeymoon.  I mean, she goes stone cold on him and then acts like he's being too insecure?  WTF?  The entire television audience thought she was checked out, not just him!  I suppose she did that talking head AFTER finding out his salary!  "Who, me, checked out?  He just jumps to conclusions!".  Meanwhile her head bubble would say "Cha-ching!"  I wonder what David was so upset about in the coming attractions.  I rewound it and could only make out him saying something about his father dying.  Is that a present time event happening that Ashley was not being sympathetic about?  It's hard to tell if he's being ridiculous or she is.  We'll find out next week.  I don't sense much ability to relate or have empathy in Ashley.  I personally think she has serious intimacy issues and is somewhat shallow.  I thought still water might run deep but the more I see of her the more I doubt that.

Sam, yikes, she had a slightly better edit this week - Well, that's not saying much.  At least she wasn't putting Neil down and belittling him all episode, but it looks like next week that might change back again.  I too noticed the anger issues, especially when she was talking to him about how they would divide the expenses. To pinch a penny not only until it bleeds but until you've hacked it up in little pieces denotes a person with no forgiveness nor ability to give and take even a little bit.  It's scary.  She is not comfortable paying more than an unrealistically tiny amount, but it's OK for HIM to fork over a significant amount more than her just because he has a penis.  I thought she wanted HIM to be the guy, not HER.  TELLING him he has to pay more, and not just more but this much more is not letting him be the guy but cutting his dick off and putting it in a jar.  This is some scary bitch, I'm telling you.   She shits diamonds, that's how freaking tightly wound she is.  She thinks he's two Neils, but I noticed she said the one that isn't for the camera is the "cool" one, so perhaps that's not so bad because she does find the supposedly "real" Neil the better one.  But with her you never know.  We just have to stay tuned for more crazy next time.

Tres and Vanessa, I am waiting for Tres to cool off and/or act like a dick after he has sex with her.  Poor Vanessa, the freight train is coming.  I can barely watch....

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 11

Tres and Vanessa, I am waiting for Tres to cool off and/or act like a dick after he has sex with her.  Poor Vanessa, the freight train is coming.  I can barely watch....

Didn't Tres already have sex with Vanessa? He kicked out the film crew, puts his hand over the lens and put up the "Do not disturb" sign. I thought that was supposed to mean sex.

Didn't Tres already have sex with Vanessa? He kicked out the film crew, puts his hand over the lens and put up the "Do not disturb" sign. I thought that was supposed to mean sex.

There was an "intimacy update" in this episode and Vanessa said the relationship wasn't consummated yet, but the coming attractions hinted at that becoming the case with them soon. like in the next episode, time-wise.

Edited by Snarklepuss

There was an "intimacy update" in this episode and Vanessa said the relationship wasn't consummated yet, but the coming attractions hinted at that becoming the case with them soon. like in the next episode, time-wise.

Was it in the beginning? I missed it. I'll have to watch the online stream.

As I've said in previous seasons, there has to be a deal worked out with these houses - no one is signing even a short term lease over a 6 week marriage. I'm guessing the production company finds some corporate housing within the couple's budget and gives them the option of free rent for the duration of the show or they're on their own. Everything is decided in advance. The "house hunting" is about as real as an episode of House Hunters.

• Love 7

I'm convinced that Ashley has had a lobotomy in the past. No personality, no sense of humor, blank facial expression. She's one-dimensional. Sorry to be so harsh, but I can't stand her!!! Why did she even agree to do this? She doesn't communicate. She is always telling him he's saying the wrong thing. She drives me nuts! This is not because she's not into him, she's been like this the whole time. I tell ya, she had a LOBOTOMY!

Edited by Truegem
  • Love 15

Sam and Neil - Yes she somewhat stopped her belittling because of his 'calm' reaction for her not to drive head on into another car (are we sure that she wasn't trying to kill them both?...and seriously, wouldn't she still have avoided the accident if Neil shouted 'GET ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD YOU CRAZY #*$&*!!!!!)  But she still seems that she needs to up her meds....big time.  And I would have LOVED to have seen Neil be more 'manly' and say 'No...we are in an 'experiment' for three months, so I will pay MY share based on our salary and not because I have a penis which you have zero interest in using anyway.  Should, by some miracle, we stay married after the three months and I don't run away screaming and/or you are committed, then we can revisit this conversation.'

Ashley and David - $175k per year.....$3500 per month for a fully furnished mansion....cut to me spit taking my Cheerios and consider moving out of Long Island.  David is way too needy but is trying....for what, I have no clue.  If he wants to be with a fem-bot completely devoid of a personality that will maybe look up from her phone at least pretend to like him (and open her legs), then he should go to downtown Atlanta at the trendiest lounge and start flashing some cash.

Tres and Vanessa - poor, poor Vanessa....I wouldn't want to live in Buckhead either....I have no idea what type of place Buckhead is, but just the name sounds awful....especially coming from Tres' mouth.  And the only time Tres' face lights up is when he is talking about consummating the marriage as it seems to be his only goal.  He still very much has the 'player' in him...

• Love 7

She thinks he's two Neils, but I noticed she said the one that isn't for the camera is the "cool" one, so perhaps that's not so bad because she does find the supposedly "real" Neil the better one.

Thank you.  I heard her say this and wasn't sure if she said cool or cruel.  Sam seems to find a way to denigrate Neil

in every episode. So now he's a phony, and poor Sam doesn't know who he really is.  Wouldn't it be obvious that the

off camera personality is the real one?  I wonder if she means he is cold to her.

• Love 3

Actually, Buckhead is a fairly affluent part of Atlanta.  Some of the "Real Housewives" live there.  It's nice.  

I'm not quite ready to paint Neil with the "saint" brush.  When Sam was talking about him being so different off camera, it made me curious.  Her edit towards him has been SO negative thus far, it would be an interesting twist to have the previously calm, rational and mellow Neil show a more psychotic side in upcoming episodes.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

Oh my God.  Sam hates Neil and is going to poke the guy until she gets the reaction she wants.  As horrid as she is, I think she is at least "trying" in her own messed up way.

As a woman, I can tell Ashley is like 5 more weeks until I get my 100K check.  She is never going to give David a chance.  Did you guys see how nasty she was about David's apartment?  She probably thought he was broke and then her eyes lit up when he talked about his salary and how he wants to foot all the bills.  Did anyone else notice that David was the only one willing to disclose his supposed salary on camera?  If Ashley stays married it will be only to milk his wallet.

I do not have a problem with man being the primary bread winner, if that is what is okay with the couple.  However, I can tell Ashley does not care about this guy at all.  I wish I could reach out to David, give him a hug, and tell him she's just not into him.  I mean the woman blocked a kiss with her dog...that is not how you treat a fellow human being...or a dog.

• Love 10

Before I get into Sam's line, someone please direct me to where the line has formed to slap the BS out of Ashley. Out of ALL the fake desperate single women out there, she got picked for this show. Huh.

It looks like David explodes before Neil does in the previews for next week. Poor delusional man. I think Neil will survive this, but David is going to need some REAL expert advice.

Ashley is a self-absorbed materialistic manipulative lifeless fake who is in this to pay off her debt just like the rest.

By comparison to these train wreck match ups, I don't see Tres and Vanessa as boring, they're refreshing!!!!

Excuse me while I go gather myself.

• Love 9
As a woman, I can tell Ashley is like 5 more weeks until I get my 100K check.  She is never going to give David a chance.  Did you guys see how nasty she was about David's apartment?  She probably thought he was broke and then her eyes lit up when he talked about his salary and how he wants to foot all the bills.  Did anyone else notice that David was the only one willing to disclose his supposed salary on camera?  If Ashley stays married it will be only to milk his wallet.

Mr. Snarklepuss thought Ashley reacted like Eddie Murphy's character (Billy Ray Valentine) in the holiday movie classic "Trading Places" when the old rich men told him about the salary and lavish apartment they were going to give him.  He was going to bail but after hearing that he said,  "No, I believe I can hang out with you fellas for a little while".

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 8

Tre admitting he had not been thinking about marriage (honeymoon epi) telegraphs the probable conclusion of their relationship.  Vanessa is the only woman I see very serious about wanting marriage.   Tre gets his wish next week!  He was very excited to announce the consummation!  It would love to see this work out.  

We see the flip side of David next week.  Apparently it is the anniversary of his father's death. That is what I took away even though his words are not clear, anyway.  Ashley asked why he was so grumpy.  Reasonable question.  So he storms off in anger because she doesn't understand.   hmmm.  Well she may have been told and was not being sensitive or he did not explain it well.  Either way we may see a reason why this wealthy man had not been able to find a wife!

I don't like Ashley or Samantha, at all.  Sam's aromatherapy trip would be a red flag. 

I like Neil and glad to hear his off camera side is the cool Neil. 

To respond to an earlier post.  Sam's mortgage is $1200.  She shares her place with a roommate and they split that so both pay $600.  

Production should just announce they find the apartments and skip the hunt.  I do wonder why everyone got a furnished place and Tre and Vanessa did not.  She had to pack up her kitchen and move in with no furniture?  Talk about putting more stress on an already tense situation.  Jesus.  Makes no sense.  I suppose we will see it filled with rental furniture next week and that was all for show which I fail to understand. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I literally, physically cringed when Ashley recoiled and held up her dog to block David's kiss. OUCH. And it's not like he was trying to make out with her, he was going for her cheek! The moment between them on the couch when she broke the toilet handle was funny and she was nice to his mother, but she is not into him at all.

I'm not sure any of these couples will make it. I feel like Vanessa is way more invested than Tres is; she does seem to think of this as a real marriage, and Tres looks like he's just having fun on TV with a cute girl. He was "dating a lot" and "wasn't looking for marriage by any means" before he went on the show. If I'm right, Vanessa is going to get her heart broken. Ashley thinks David is gross, but she may stay married to him to reap whatever financial benefits come from doing so. Like, if she gets $100K after the six weeks like I've read here, maybe she'll stick around for that. If he's willing to support her through school, maybe she'll stick around through school depending on how much time she has left. She's going to break his heart though. And Sam hates Neil, so unless something drastic happens to cause her to ... stop hating him, I don't see that lasting either.

• Love 6

Every time cold-fish, lobotomized (thanks Truegem!) Ashley is on the screen I keep going back to what people are saying about it being impossible to even marginally visualize her as a bedside nurse.  Does she want to go into Administration?  Because I can't picture her touching anyone, let alone holding their hand or real-life scenerios like cleaning up their poop.  

David's so desperate to get any kind of a reaction from her that he was slobbering with excitement that they were finally going to have an inside joke about the toilet handle!!  

The funny thing about this whole mess is that most relationship "experts" would never advise that you move in with someone one week after you've met them.  Think of a friend telling you they were going to do that with the stranger they met the week before.  You'd think they were crazy and it would be the certain kiss of death for a relationship (I know there are always exceptions).  How can anyone be successful with this set-up?  You skip over all the fun parts.....seeing if you miss the person, being excited when they call or you get to go on a date....taking the time to figure out if you want to take it to the next level.  But in this scenario, if the "experts" didn't keep these fools chained to each other within 5 feet they'd all be running away as fast as they could!  

I know some think Tres and Vanessa are boring but I think they're a breath of fresh air to watch compared to the other wrecks.

• Love 5
To respond to an earlier post.  Sam's mortgage is $1200.  She shares her place with a roommate and they split that so both pay $600. 

Actually I remember it as the mortgage being $600 and each of the roommates paying $300 a month....

Perhaps they put a lot of money down.

• Love 3

I know what is wrong with Sam! There must be some chemical in wax melts that in normal amounts is benign but in the amount Sam uses them is poisonous! It's gotten into her brain and is poisoning her and that's what makes her act like a psycho!

• Love 5

I want to give Ashley a chance as I work in a large teaching hospital and deal with student nurses all day long and I know they are under alot of pressure with their school work but she is just so unlikeable.   Maybe its the editing but I doubt it; I just think she's a very unlikeable person.    As for David, the storm out next week over Father's day looks very upsetting.    Kinda sad that his father's death is still affecting him 20+ years later but in a way, that's to be expected. 

I guess I'll be all alone on liking Sam.  Well I think its more I'm indifferent to her at this point.   Her claim of "two Neils" is very interesting and I'm curious to see how it plays out.

Add me to the list of those that think Vanessa is for a big fall.   Pity as I really like her, probably the most of all the six this season.

• Love 1

David makes $175K a year? Good for him. I remain surprised that he hasn't been able to link up with anyone.

I just wonder if he really makes that much? Would think if he does, he would have had a much better house and much nicer furniture. And maid service too. That place was mess!

Anyone want to dig into his LinkedIn? Must say that is better pic of him.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-norton-26323a47

As a woman, I can tell Ashley is like 5 more weeks until I get my 100K check.

They aren't paid to be on the show.

• Love 1

Actually I remember it as the mortgage being $600 and each of the roommates paying $300 a month....

Perhaps they put a lot of money downI 

I saw a lot of comments last night on Twitter about the rent/mortgage costs in Atlanta. Since I live in the Atlanta area, I had some thoughts to share.  

It's quite possible that Sam bought the town home a few years back, when the housing market tanked. It is entirely possible that she got that place somewhere in the $70k- $90k range (at most; it appears to be an older complex). Financed at the low rates we had at the time, it's easy to see why the mortgage payment would be $600. 

That led me to another thought. She seemed kind of critical of Neil spending 32% of his salary on bills, while she only spent 25%. But if you're only paying $300 a month for your (half of the) mortgage, you're NOT in the norm. You're way ahead of the game. Neil's amount is reasonable, especially since he has no debt. 

• Love 8

Perhaps they put a lot of money down.

I stand corrected!  I went back and watched that scene.  Thanks. 

• Love 1
David's so desperate to get any kind of a reaction from her that he was slobbering with excitement that they were finally going to have an inside joke about the toilet handle!! 

I noticed that - I also think flaunting his salary and paying so much for a beautiful house was a desperate attempt to buy her affection with money, since it seems like his looks and personality aren't winning her over.

That led me to another thought. She seemed kind of critical of Neil spending 32% of his salary on bills, while she only spent 25%. But if you're only paying $300 a month for your (half of the) mortgage, you're NOT in the norm. You're way ahead of the game. Neil's amount is reasonable, especially since he has no debt. 

I agree, I noticed that too.  Like I say, this girl is that tightly wound.  What freaking high, unreasonable expectations.  I'd hate to be married to someone like that.  They'd be critical of everything I spent money on like I could have done better.  She said something about saving most of her salary, like if you're not doing that you're being irresponsible.  I noticed she thought Neil spent too much on his dining room set - Meanwhile it just looked average to me.  She is a freaking tightwad and would be a total nightmare to live with.  I'm all for saving, in fact I like thinking of myself as a great budgeter, but she is just over the line.

• Love 9

I see this level of desperation as a perfect match for Vanessa's.  They both seem so earnestly, completely and almost hysterically needy to connect with somebody.  And RIGHT NOW.  

And hey, lets stop hating on the wax melts, people!  Some of us can use them responsibly and thoughtfully. And without hidden messages!  

And that's a lot of fucking wax.  Jesus.  Have fun with that Neil.  I can picture him coming back home and smelling apples or something and being like "Damn it, what's wrong NOW?"

This made me literally LOL!  ;-)

• Love 1

Ashley stinks. I am getting really tired of her attitude. However, I think David became more attractive to her when she found out his salary.

"I knew I loved him when I saw his beautiful house and grounds at Pemberley". Ashley is such a humorless stick. She can barely contain her loathing for David, until she finds out that she can live in that museum. Sheesh. 

I still don't see why people think Neil doesn't have a nice body. He wears a lot of tanks and you can see he's got nice arms and definition in his chest. I also don't see why people don't think Ashley's good looking. I think she's gorgeous. ...and David has a nice ass.

I think Neil has a great body--more gymnast/swimmer/runner than gym bunny, which suits me fine. Ashley is lovely but her horrible personality makes her unattractive. How can such a dainty flower be a nurse? she will have to interact with, touch and care for people she DOESN'T EVEN KNOW. I think David is a cuddle pie teddy bear--not everyone's cup of tea but certainly not the elephant man. 

• Love 13

yea that 100k payday doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure they receive a very small stipend and maybe if they stay married a little extra kind of like they do on Big Brother if you make it to jury.

• Love 1

Neil exasperates me.  Yes, I can't stand Sam and I think Neil is a nice guy, but --  he's just a ride-along here. (literally too--Sam always drives)  

I can understand staying optimistic and not jumping to conclusions early on, but Neil seems to have no opinions or feelings about anything.  He is,in his own way very aloof.

I don't agree with Sam's approach, but I can understand trying to get an honest feeling or opinion out of him.  Do you have any??  Who are you?  He's content to be lead around by the nose..  there is no 'relationship' there.   He would drive me crazy at this point. 

• Love 1

For such a "quirky and fun-loving" person, Sam seems surprisingly uptight about money. Sure, she's a bank manager, and it's nice to see that she has some money skills, but to me it was a red flag. If they stay married, I pity Neil, because I think she would be after him all the time about how much money he spends on things she considers frivolous.

Her saying that thing about Neil being different off-camera was interesting. I wonder what's up with that.

I agree with everybody about Ashley. She has no personality and she's just a big old cold fish. I wonder if she didn't live with her ex because of religious reasons. Maybe she wanted to wait with sex until she got married. But now that she is married, she won't have sex because she doesn't like David. David's salary and the little palace they rented will help, but I'm not sure how much.

David yelling and storming out was kind of scary. I wonder if he's been hiding that other side of him until now or did Ashley's cold attitude just finally got to him. He seems like such a fun loving guy; I feel sorry for him for having been paired with an icicle.

So, Vanessa cooked for Neil. That should be a plus (Vaughn would have loved that), but I don't think I heard Tres say anything positive about the food, or did I just miss it? She definitely seems more into this whole marriage thing than he does, and I just hope she won't get her heart broken. But I think she will.

• Love 6

Anyone else think David would have gotten sex on his honeymoon if he disclosed his salary sooner? He'll get a stepford wife if he promises to pay off her student loans.

Speaking of honeymoons, Ashley doesn't rate things like vacations? How hard would it be to just say something - anything - vaguely nice? "It's a strange way to get started, but I had a fun time with you."

Discussing David's concern that she'll run back to her old place, Ashley says, "You've jumped ahead...and you think that's gonna happen...Where did that come from?" Maybe the fact that you've already done exactly that on the first night back, you dolt. David backed down too quickly.

• Love 9