Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: There's No Business Like Friend Business

• Start Topic

I like to see when the wives are doing things, not just sitting around reading people or throwing shade,

Speaking of shade, did anyone else notice that subtle dig Phaedra made at Todd and Peter about Bun being the only one of Apollo's friends that actually checked up on his kids to make sure they are ok?   Uh huh!

And Kenya, anyone who would show up in public in this blue monstrosity really shouldn't throw any shade at Kim for her outfit.  It doesn't even look good on the model.  I'm just saying.

3781dbcf76eaaecac80ac6ae503741f6.jpg

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9
I just don't see how it can go anywhere beyond skype/phone sex. Stranger things have happened but he just doesn't seem like "the one."

Porsha is just so into showing off her tits and ass to men.  It is her prerogative.  But, even after the Duke fiasco, she still doesn't seem to be able to differentiate having a man interested in "her" vs. having a man interested in her assets.

• Love 7

I agree with Porsha about Kandi's, um Demetria's song.  I thought that was Kandi's song/video.

I still can't stand Kandi's voice.  I was really needing to hear more Demetria and less Kandi in that video.  If I was Demetria I would be royally pissed at how they cut the video scene to highlight Kandi's parts more than hers on this show.  Poor Demetria.  She never gets a good edit from this show. 

I really need Kandi to take several seats also for the comment in the previews about not liking Phaedra and Porsha talking about her man when Todd has been trashing Phaedra in just about every scene he's been in this season.  I can't stand people who have double standards when it comes to stuff like this.  If she doesn't want her man's name to be in anyone's mouth then she needs to tell Todd to shut the fuck up whenever he feels the need to bring up Phaedra to people he has just met, namely Kim's husband Chris.  Todd's being a bigger bitch than Peter this season.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 12

I think Kandi's opening remark was aimed more at Kim Z than Phaedra, but good for Phaedra for just walking over to settle it. Damn Todd's, been around Peter too much, he's developing a case of bitchassedness  

For somebody who acts like they are so inconvenienced by being on a reality show Don Juan is always making sure the camera captures him from just the right angle. Does he even realize how stupid that looked tonight? Really girl? You checked instagram and Twitter, realized you looked like an ass bullying Todd so now you gonna try to insert yourself with the girls..okay let's see how this goes when Phaedra reads you for filth. 

Was Don Juan trying to slut shame Porsha? Please have all the seats sir.

Kim needs a stylist stat! 

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 7

Damn Todd's, been around Peter too much, he's developing a case of bitchassedness

I have always given Todd the side eye since he first appeared on the show....I don't like him and I think that he has an agenda.....Everybody can see through Peter's broke, cheating ass..but Todd is so low key that people don't notice....as for Don Juan agree with everybody she needs to take all the seats and stay off camera!!

• Love 3

And, what is Todd's excuse for NOT calling Phaedra himself and asking for the past due himself?

I don't know. Maybe Kandi was thinking that they could move along, even though she's clearly still been thinking about it, given her intro speech to the video. 

Regardless, Phaedra is shady in my book. Phaedra also knows when shit is due. I think she only approached Todd because of Kandi's speech, in true "hit dogs will holler" form.

• Love 7

Porsha is just so into showing off her tits and ass to men.  It is her prerogative.  But, even after the Duke fiasco, she still doesn't seem to be able to differentiate having a man interested in "her" vs. having a man interested in her assets.

It was telling that Oliver remembers her most for twerking at the pool. I bet that's how Duke met her, too.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3

Todd should have had his business manager, accountant or lawyer send Phaedra a letter instead of asking Kandi to talk to Phaedra.  He has really handled this matter poorly.

ITA.

Todd looks foolish. The workout series was used to make Apollo look like he was certified trainer who can whip people into shape and he allegedly choreographed the workouts, so why wasn't he asked for the money? All of the times Todd was with Apollo in the strip club, he didn't ask for the money? When Apollo asked him to hold his shit so the Feds couldn't use it for his restitution, Todd didn't think to say, hey, y'all owe me? He can sit his ass down. He could have typed an invoice, sent it via certified mail, and when Phaedra didn't respond, he could have gotten a lawyer involved. Instead, in true bitchmade fashion, he gets Kandi involved. I am so glad I don't know any men like the Househusbands on this show.  I honestly think this storyline + holding onto Apollo's things until the Feds raided their home was just a way to stick it to Phaedra. I'm not saying Phaedra is perfect, but Todd is really irking me this season.

Nevermind the fact that his nose is always stuck in his phone when Kandi is around.

• Love 18

Regardless, Phaedra is shady in my book. Phaedra also knows when shit is due. I think she only approached Todd because of Kandi's speech, in true "hit dogs will holler" form.

I've become tired of Phaedra and her shady southern belle act. I thought she was hamming it up a bit when she was taking Ayden to kindergarten.

• Love 10

Maybe I'm hard hearted but I was unmoved by Ayden's ride to school and Phaedra's tears.  All of the things these children's father has become - he was all of those things before she married him.  Phaedra put herself in a position where her children would have to grow up without a father.  Not only that, but she's been pimping these kids out on this tacky show for years.  She is more concerned about her own fame and money than the welfare of her children.

Phaedra is the biggest hypocrite to hit this show in a long, long while.  Acting all Christian when she's selling out her children's childhood for money.  Acting like she's shocked at Apollo's crimes when she was most likely complicit - and she's an officer of the court!   And the worst part is, she never even provides a great fight scene.  Whenever anybody steps to her, she slinks away mumbling "Oh lawd Jesus help so-and-so for fighting with me, oh laawwwdamercy" and lets somebody else do her dirty work.  Never, ever liked her.  

• Love 17

Well, my goodness! How many seasons has Don Juan been working for his peach? I can't! I cannot with him.

Phaedra is shady is as fuck. She knows good and damn well that if it were her money, she wouldn't want nobody playing around acting like they don't her what they need to owe her, but Don Juan was getting hype like shit. Wow. I did snicker at Kandi's shade before introducing the video. Yes, friends and money don't mix, especially if they think you gon be a sucker about it.

Todd better play some Rihanna before he meets up with Phaedra: "Pay me whatchoo owe mehhh! Don't act like you forgot!"

ROTFL!!!  Like bop bop bop.    

Phaedra is not a dummy, though. A woman like her who has started numerous businesses knows (or would know) exactly what is due when and whether there are remaining balances. This is a woman who talks about people not messing with her coins, so she's aware. 

And, she does and there is.  During the sitdown with Kandi at the factory when Phaedra hears about this as an issue for the first time, her exact response to Kandi saying you owe him $8,000 wasn't no I don't, it was, it was, it's $5,000.  Ya'll?  seriously?  If someone owes you money and you know it and more importantly they know it, well enough to have the exact dollar amount mentally ready, why is it your responsibility to chase down your money?  Ya'll tambout invoices and carrying on when she knows good and damn well there is an outstanding balance she's never mentioned.   Yeah she was busy going through what was probably the worst year of her life but that doesn't justify ignoring her obligations.  Thing is, had she said that (or anything) to either of the Tuckers, they probably wouldn't even be having this conversation, it's not like they're beat for the cash.

Todd had the opportunity to get the money off of Apollo, who was part of the partnership that hired Todd to do the video from the get go. Why didn't Todd get the money from Apollo before he went to prison? Also, Phaedra had her hands full with Apollo getting investigated, indicted, arrested, legal bills and then Apollo going to prison, not to mention having to explain what was happening with Apollo to their sons and I doubt that paying Todd would be a priority over all of that. Todd had every opportunity to contact Phaedra directly if he was unable to pry the money off of Apollo during 1 of their many trips to the strip joints they made together. LOL

Because the enterprise, request and contract wasn't between two homies, it was between Todd Tucker in his professional capacity as whatever he does and Phaedra Parks Esq., business woman.    Handle your business.

What does that have to do with her obligation to pay it?

And Todd knew this TWO YEARS AGO so he should have contacted her directly and send an INVOICE. Yes, she needs to pay the balance if she was in an actual contract. But there is a decrepency on what the actual balance is. Most importantly, the Nidas DID NOT RECEIVE A PRODUCT. That also speaks volumes. And an abustle spouse going to jail while defaming your character is a darn good reason to not think about a three year old debt.

No there isn't.  She knows she owes him at least $5,000.  The terms of the contract aren't conditioned upon receipt of a product, they're conditioned upon whatever Todd's professional contribution was.  And he fulfilled his end of the agreement.  If payment were based on release of the video, that's the excuse she would use to negate it.

The thing I hated about the conversation she had outside with Porsha and Shamea is that she lied by omission.  Yes by all means tell your friends that this bitchass is bothering you after cashing $30,000 worth of checks you wrote but be sure to leave out that you still owe him $5,000.  That shittiness nearly cancelled out my uterine contractions watching/listening to Ayden proclaim to always be mommy's baby.  All that cuteness almost makes me wanna untie a tube or two lol.

When you walk up to a group of (I started to specify black women but any women really) and try to get them together about whatever they were just saying, a conversation that didn't include you, you're volunteering to get cussed out.  I never ever agree with Nene but stay out of women bidness might be some sage advice.  That having been said, I liked that he was willing to enter the fray to keep a bish accountable.  Don't you stand out here and tell that lie, money is NOT the reason ya'll fell out.  I'm also not here for Porsha trying to get at him (while walking out of earshot) with a sexuality dig.  Similarly he needs to get snatched for telling her to go find that man that left her.  I can't stand it when a good and valid point gets derailed by personal and irrelevant bullshit, because when they review that scene it's gonna be about him acting a natural ass fool instead of the point he was actually making.

I don't know what I would do if any of them showed their asses the way Kim is regarding being part of this show. Heh. My love of Kadeem goes back to middle school and A Different World, so here's hoping that he's made good financial decisions. D'oh! Speaking of Kadeem, I just had a petty memory of Chante Moore and her song, "Chante's Got a Man." Man. This is why it pays not to be smug about having a huzzzzzbin sometimes.

Also on the man front, I guess I could chock it up to Porsha doing it for the cameras and storyline, but this Skype date with Oliver was essentially the second date, right? That seems so soon to be on the "What are your long-term relationship goals?" tip with the dude. Similarly, Kenya's got this list on Egyptian scrolls for a man and whatnot and refuses to deviate from it for even the slightest thing. But OK.

Steve Harvey timeline {{forrestvoice}} and that's all I'm gonna say about thaaa'at.

Girl we were on the train this morning cracking up at whatever Kenya's prequalification process is not:   handsome, flattering, playful, athletic, good sense of humor, gainfully employed, doesn't seem to be moved by her celebrity.   She needs to know there are only so many African monarchies left and those Princes? are not fond of pop off, so....    I see she likes dudes who don't give a damn.  We oughta call up Walter and/or Glen and see if they're busy this weekend.

eta:  Kandi can miss me with any umbrage at Shamea talking mess about Todd, she's fine when Don Juan, Carmen and the coven do it so....

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 15

I don't know. Maybe Kandi was thinking that they could move along, even though she's clearly still been thinking about it, given her intro speech to the video. 

Todd said that the past due was a couple of years old yet her never picked up the phone to call Phaedra himself, instead he had his wife ask to get it 2 years later! Something stinks and the smell isn't coming from Phadera's end of this storyline. Phaedra should have made the last payment BUT Todd should have acted in a professional business manner and contacted her himself either by phone or by going to her office.

As for Kandi's speech, she could have been talking about KimB just as easily because Kim owed her far more money than Phaedra did Todd and that deal was related to the event....music.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Actually based off stuff she's said about men and her list at the fertility office I think Kenya believes she's going to marry/breed with Chris Pine.

I think that's part of her problem - besides being very annoying- SOME men can deal with annoying if she has money and is beautiful. But she has a very rigid and delusional list of criteria.

• Love 4

She also tipped her hand by bringing up Todd partying at strip clubs with Apollo while he should have been home being a parent (and not spending that money.) Now what does that have to do with the business being discussed? Nothing. Except to let you know where Phaedra's head was about Todd - being vindictive. Has no place in business and she knows it.

See that bit right there pissed me off. Even the slightest attempt to lump my husband together with YOUR husband and his shadiness. Nah bitch, if I was Kandi I would have set her straight right then. First off Kandi started that conversation addressing what her issue was regarding her feelings about Pheadra's obvious disappointment in Kandi even after Kandi sat down with her to get to the bottom of their distance last season. And how she was hurt that Pheadra would confide in others no only about stuff she wasn't sharing with Kandi but also give off the impression that Kandi has been lacking in her role as friend. All of a sudden Pheadra's hijacking the heart to heart bringing up Apollos shit in Todd's garage. Now granted I have no idea the details surrounding all that but the way Pheadra brought that up when that happened MUCH later than what Kandi was using as their starting point was just pure "bitch I'm mad at you and imma tie all this into one thing so that you can't come at me for my shadiness in our friendship last season" I get that's an issue but that's a different conversation that had Pheadra handled it differently Kandi probably woulda been more receptive and said "sorry it blindsided you, that was an oversight on my part didn't think it would go over this way with you cause quite honestly I didn't really put that much thought into it and I should have." But since Phaedra wanted to bring it up like she did Kandi was more dismissive of it cause after it was brought up that ended the angle Kandi was headed which was Phaedra wasn't being forthcoming, she was expecting Kandi to do all the work as if having hard times fall on you completely obsolves you of being proactive with regards to other things in your life. It wasn't that Kandi was failing to make an effort it was that Phaedra wasn't happy with Kandi's stance on certain details. Fuck that, Kandi believes what she believes and if you felt Kandi stepped over lines then say that. Friends are suppossed to be able to say what others can't and expect that the friendship is strong enough that the other can shut them down with no problem. Me and my best friend get raw with each other for sure with me or her letting the other know that "bitch, nows not the time I don't care if your right and I'm wrong I'm just not feeling what you have to say right now"

Phaedra ran with that and has based a lot of her negative treatment on that as well as expecting Kandi make Phaedra's hardship a priority. Now granted that is what friends do for each other but you can't be all disappointed that Kandi wasn't bending over backwards during your time of need when you haven't been as attentive as a friend either. Sometimes bad or hard times happen to friends AT THE SAME TIME and both parties have to suck it up and invest in supporting each other and it seems Phaedra failed on her end. It's pretty common for people to give themselves the excuse that their lives were hard and that's why they couldn't reach out to others but then expect others to reach out to them cause AHEM "I'm the one that going to a devastating time" all the while disregarding what other may be going through as well. Usually people weight the hardships against each other trying to determine who has it worse therefore who is excused from making any efforts. It's tricky and people abuse this part of friendships all the time.

I think it was fucked up for Phaedra to come out with that bit of cattiness regarding the strip club. It was a dig to somewhat put Todd in some kind of category with Apollo and I would be damned if that bitch would have tried to come out with that shit with me. I would have, with the quickness, been like "Ahhh No, we ain't going there. Don't ever try to suggest that Todd and Apollo are in the same category cause they went to the strip clubs together and cause you mad. Friends don't do that. We may have our issues or what have you but don't go there cause there's no need for it."

I don't think it's that cut and dry either. I think that because they were friends Todd felt that all the formalities that come with invoices and third party associates would be cold and more offensive than just giving off the air that you know "we know you're good for it" no need to send "collectors" out and about but then for it to be received with dismissive disregard after them showing good faith is what has them a bit stank and put off. It's like the time for shrugging it off and being casual about it wore off and the fact that they actually have to go down the official route has got them a bit testy with how they interact with Phaedra. We saw how uncomfortable Kandi gets with confrontation, how she likes to be mix the business and professional lines (her own fault I know) but to have yet another person take advantage of the way they like to keep some of their business ventures light and drama free through challenging an amount they are owed.... I mean I get why Todd's annoyed and I get why he's not hiding his annoyance. Todd isnt one to pretend and not for nothing I ain't mad at him for that. I'm sure Kandi's the one that wanted Todd to be a little more casual with that arrangement. We see how Kandi pampers her friends/staff and yet again Todd gets the short end of the stick cause he does things to appeal to Kandi's non confrontational ways.

As for Don Juan, He does get on my nerves but really? People keep forgetting that he is one of Kandi's BEST FRIENDS not just her employee. She's tweeted on this before about how DJ does come across as very inserted in her business and then followed it up with how long they've been friends and more importantly with this one phrase "Because he CAN" that's all I need to know. Plus, DJ may be a bit messy but damn if dude doesn't have conviction and I have to say he don't play when it comes to his friend. He ain't wrong, let's think about this. These bitches are shady as hell especially Phaedra so I get that his antics may be a little bit extra but funny enough that seems the most real to me. I know I ain't gonna stay shut if I hear someone throwing shade about MY friend? My integrity wouldn't allow it. I would at least address it and let people know how I feel about the fact that they are sitting there being two face to a friend of ours and DOUBLE that if we just SHARE the mutual friend and we aren't all friends like the situation with him and Cameron. Girl bye! I will speak up and put people in their place you better believe it!

Also what the deal with it being ok to start attacking or using DJ sexuality as insults. So its okay to say these things just cause? Tell you what a couple of seasons ago when one of the women went to town on, was it Dwight? or Miss Lawrence? calling him a f***** and all that. The HoWives were aghast at the term but lobbying references in connection to DJs sexual preference for the purpose of insulting him? Okay, no bueno. I hate that I have to defend this man cause I wasn't happy with the way he went in on Todd a couple of seasons back (or was it last season) but I tell you he really doesn't hold back when it comes to letting mother fuckers know and I admire that a lil bit I have to admit.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 12

Can we clarify something? The video that we're talking about is not the Donkey Booty one right? This is another video that has something to do with pregnancy that was never released?

Correct, it is NOT the "Donkey Booty" video. It was an exercise video they made during her last pregnancy and it was never released. It was a video made by BOTH Phaedra AND Apollo for their JOINT business, the contract Todd has is with both of them, not just Phaedra and he could have gotten paid by Apollo for this. Why he waited until AFTER Apollo went to prison is beyond me, especially in light of the fact that Todd agreed to hide assets from the Feds for Apollo at his/Kandi's house.  

• Love 2

The thing I hated about the conversation she had outside with Porsha and Shamea is that she lied by omission.  Yes by all means tell your friends that this bitchass is bothering you after cashing $30,000 worth of checks you wrote but be sure to leave out that you still owe him $5,000.  That shittiness nearly cancelled out my uterine contractions watching/listening to Ayden proclaim to always be mommy's baby.  All that cuteness almost makes me wanna untie a tube or two lol.

When you walk up to a group of (I started to specify black women but any women really) and try to get them together about whatever they were just saying, a conversation that didn't include you, you're volunteering to get cussed out.  I never ever agree with Nene but stay out of women bidness might be some sage advice.  That having been said, I liked that he was willing to enter the fray to keep a bish accountable.  Don't you stand out here and tell that lie, money is NOT the reason ya'll fell out.  I'm also not here for Porsha trying to get at him (while walking out of earshot) with a sexuality dig.  Similarly he needs to get snatched for telling her to go find that man that left her.  I can't stand it when a good and valid point gets derailed by personal and irrelevant bullshit, because when they review that scene it's gonna be about him acting a natural ass fool instead of the point he was actually making.

I rewatched the show this morning and caught this information.  Phaedra told the story that she wanted her good friends Porsha and Shamea to know instead of the real issue between her and the Tuckers.  I still think Don Juan should have stayed out of it, but I understand his point.  Phaedra needed to get the story right if she was going to play the victim for Porsha and Shamea.

Phaedra has known something is due on the balance and she could have handled that long before now.  Yes, Todd should have sent a final invoice via certified mail, but Phaedra needed to pay the bill.

Can we clarify something? The video that we're talking about is not the Donkey Booty one right? This is another video that has something to do with pregnancy that was never released?

I recall Phaedra talking about a pregnancy video, but I don't remember her actually doing it.  We need some clarity on what work Todd actually did for Phaedra and Apollo and what he charged them to do it.  Phaedra confirmed that a balance is due so I don't think there is a dispute about the work being done.  Todd brings receipts with him next week according to the previews so we will get more information then.

So Tammy is gone for good?  I am so curious about her backstory.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 4

ROTFL!!!  Like bop bop bop.    

And, she does and there is.  During the sitdown with Kandi at the factory when Phaedra hears about this as an issue for the first time, her exact response to Kandi saying you owe him $8,000 wasn't no I don't, it was, it was, it's $5,000.  Ya'll?  seriously?  If someone owes you money and you know it and more importantly they know it, well enough to have the exact dollar amount mentally ready, why is it your responsibility to chase down your money?  Ya'll tambout invoices and carrying on when she knows good and damn well there is an outstanding balance she's never mentioned.   Yeah she was busy going through what was probably the worst year of her life but that doesn't justify ignoring her obligations.  Thing is, had she said that (or anything) to either of the Tuckers, they probably wouldn't even be having this conversation, it's not like they're beat for the cash.

Because the enterprise, request and contract wasn't between two homies, it was between Todd Tucker in his professional capacity as whatever he does and Phaedra Parks Esq., business woman.    Handle your business.

What does that have to do with her obligation to pay it?

No there isn't.  She knows she owes him at least $5,000.  The terms of the contract aren't conditioned upon receipt of a product, they're conditioned upon whatever Todd's professional contribution was.  And he fulfilled his end of the agreement.  If payment were based on release of the video, that's the excuse she would use to negate it.

Steve Harvey timeline {{forrestvoice}} and that's all I'm gonna say about thaaa'at.

Girl we were on the train this morning cracking up at whatever Kenya's prequalification process is not:   handsome, flattering, playful, athletic, good sense of humor, gainfully employed, doesn't seem to be moved by her celebrity.   She needs to know there are only so many African monarchies left and those Princes? are not fond of pop off, so....    I see she likes dudes who don't give a damn.  We oughta call up Walter and/or Glen and see if they're busy this weekend.

eta:  Kandi can miss me with any umbrage at Shamea talking mess about Todd, she's fine when Don Juan, Carmen and the coven do it so....

Wait. Wait. I'm curious. Is what I said a Harveyism? Please tell me it isn't. If it is, I'll go on ahead and change my name from Mozelle to Miss Philippians. Or start rethinking why I've subconsciously doled out a Harveyism.

• Love 6

I'm with Don Juan. If I heard someone talking about my friend(he is not just her employee but her friend as well) you can be for damn sure I'm going to say something. Doesn't mean I'm thirsty or extra and I don't think he is either. I actually don't even like him.

• Love 8

I'm with Don Juan. If I heard someone talking about my friend(he is not just her employee but her friend as well) you can be for damn sure I'm going to say something. Doesn't mean I'm thirsty or extra and I don't think he is either. I actually don't even like him.

I agree and might I add-at Kandi's event no less.  Kind of tacky to suck up the free food and booze and then step aside and start snarking on Kandi and Todd.  Don Juan may be a little over the top but I can see his frustration with Phaedra manners of the south and her little conversation.  If anyone was thirsty is in the whole mess it was Porsha-what does any of this have to do with her?

• Love 10

Kenya's must-haves come across as very juvenile. She is 45. By now, her criteria should focus way less on the superficial. I mean, I love tall men - I'm tall myself and I can't get excited about a man that's 5'4", sorry - but that's not ALL I want in a man. It's not even the most important thing. And of course we all want to be attracted to our partners, but all the must-haves I heard Kenya mention were purely physical. How about a sense of humor, kindness, intelligence, intellectual curiosity, being hardworking? Kenya seems like the kind of person who would turn down a good man who is good to her because he's an inch shorter than her height requirement. My last relationship taught me that love can pop up in places you wouldn't expect with people you wouldn't expect; having rigid criteria means you might miss out on that.

Ayden is SO CUTE. That scene in the car had me tearing up. It was so real! I don't remember if I was scared to go to kindergarten, but I think it's really common and it was nice to see Phaedra trying to reassure him and also acknowledging that he was growing up. I also laughed when she called him Dylan - such a mom thing to mix up kids' names.

I am sick to death of hearing about this money. I hope it's resolved next episode. If Phaedra owes it, Todd needs to talk to Phaedra. Him running around asking Kandi if Phaedra has mentioned his money is juvenile - it's a business deal between Phaedra and Todd, so let them work it out.

Porsha looks great with the bob - her best hair look, I think. I don't blame Oliver for commenting on her ass, given that she spread and shook it at him the first night they met.

Kim needs to learn which necklines work for her. A high neck like the one she had on at the party is not her friend. A scoop or a v-neck would be much better. She reminds me of Demetria on Blood, Sweat and Heels - she was short and busty like Kim (they were always making short jokes about her on Living Single) and she stayed wearing crew necks, and it never looked good. It's just not flattering.

I thought Peter and Cynthia's date was cute, but it was weird to me that she was all excited that he drove up from Charlotte, where he basically lives, to take her out. Like, can he work on living in the same city with her? (And not cheating?) And it REALLY bugged me that he was all "I'm going to teach you about work-life balance" when he works five hours away, in an industry that is known for its long hours. Where they do that at?

• Love 6

Wait. Wait. I'm curious. Is what I said a Harveyism? Please tell me it isn't. If it is, I'll go on ahead and change my name from Mozelle to Miss Philippians. Or start rethinking why I've subconsciously doled out a Harveyism.

Lol. The philosophy of determining where a man stands sooner rather than later (and by sooner he means immediately) is a Harveyism.  In one of his tomes, he advises that one of the problems with single women (assuming we'd like to change that status) is that we are not asking key questions or gathering information quickly enough.  Ideally a candidate needs to know (and truthfully express with certainty and conviction) his stance and future view of relationship by your fifth date.   He is also the same individual who tells of how he knew his (current/3rd wife) was the one he was going to marry (next).  Several months into their relationship, she gets up in the middle of the night to catch him whispering on the phone at 2am, she goes into the bathroom, comes out dressed, bag in hand and tells him her goal is to raise her children in a stable loving home with one man dedicated to her cause and if he wasn't about it, that was fine, but she wasn't about the games.   That his relationship advice has enough value to sell books tickles me a little.  Guess I'mma start calling you Miss Corinthia.

See that bit right there pissed me off. Even the slightest attempt to lump my husband together with YOUR husband and his shadiness. Nah bitch, if I was Kandi I would have set her straight right then. First off Kandi started that conversation addressing what her issue was regarding her feelings about Pheadra's obvious disappointment in Kandi even after Kandi sat down with her to get to the bottom of their distance last season. And how she was hurt that Pheadra would confide in others no only about stuff she wasn't sharing with Kandi but also give off the impression that Kandi has been lacking in her role as friend. All of a sudden Pheadra's hijacking the heart to heart bringing up Apollos shit in Todd's garage. Now granted I have no idea the details surrounding all that but the way Pheadra brought that up when that happened MUCH later than what Kandi was using as their starting point was just pure "bitch I'm mad at you and imma tie all this into one thing so that you can't come at me for my shadiness in our friendship last season" I get that's an issue but that's a different conversation that had Pheadra handled it differently Kandi probably woulda been more receptive and said "sorry it blindsided you, that was an oversight on my part didn't think it would go over this way with you cause quite honestly I didn't really put that much thought into it and I should have." But since Phaedra wanted to bring it up like she did Kandi was more dismissive of it cause after it was brought up that ended the angle Kandi was headed which was Phaedra wasn't being forthcoming, she was expecting Kandi to do all the work as if having hard times fall on you completely obsolves you of being proactive with regards to other things in your life. It wasn't that Kandi was failing to make an effort it was that Phaedra wasn't happy with Kandi's stance on certain details. Fuck that, Kandi believes what she believes and if you felt Kandi stepped over lines then say that. Friends are suppossed to be able to say what others can't and expect that the friendship is strong enough that the other can shut them down with no problem. Me and my best friend get raw with each other for sure with me or her letting the other know that "bitch, nows not the time I don't care if your right and I'm wrong I'm just not feeling what you have to say right now"

Phaedra ran with that and has based a lot of her negative treatment on that as well as expecting Kandi make Phaedra's hardship a priority. Now granted that is what friends do for each other but you can't be all disappointed that Kandi wasn't bending over backwards during your time of need when you haven't been as attentive as a friend either. Sometimes bad or hard times happen to friends AT THE SAME TIME and both parties have to suck it up and invest in supporting each other and it seems Phaedra failed on her end. It's pretty common for people to give themselves the excuse that their lives were hard and that's why they couldn't reach out to others but then expect others to reach out to them cause AHEM "I'm the one that going to a devastating time" all the while disregarding what other may be going through as well. Usually people weight the hardships against each other trying to determine who has it worse therefore who is excused from making any efforts. It's tricky and people abuse this part of friendships all the time.

I think it was fucked up for Phaedra to come out with that bit of cattiness regarding the strip club. It was a dig to somewhat put Todd in some kind of category with Apollo and I would be damned if that bitch would have tried to come out with that shit with me. I would have, with the quickness, been like "Ahhh No, we ain't going there. Don't ever try to suggest that Todd and Apollo are in the same category cause they went to the strip clubs together and cause you mad. Friends don't do that. We may have our issues or what have you but don't go there cause there's no need for it."

I don't think it's that cut and dry either. I think that because they were friends Todd felt that all the formalities that come with invoices and third party associates would be cold and more offensive than just giving off the air that you know "we know you're good for it" no need to send "collectors" out and about but then for it to be received with dismissive disregard after them showing good faith is what has them a bit stank and put off. It's like the time for shrugging it off and being casual about it wore off and the fact that they actually have to go down the official route has got them a bit testy with how they interact with Phaedra. We saw how uncomfortable Kandi gets with confrontation, how she likes to be mix the business and professional lines (her own fault I know) but to have yet another person take advantage of the way they like to keep some of their business ventures light and drama free through challenging an amount they are owed.... I mean I get why Todd's annoyed and I get why he's not hiding his annoyance. Todd isnt one to pretend and not for nothing I ain't mad at him for that. I'm sure Kandi's the one that wanted Todd to be a little more casual with that arrangement. We see how Kandi pampers her friends/staff and yet again Todd gets the short end of the stick cause he does things to appeal to Kandi's non confrontational ways.

As for Don Juan, He does get on my nerves but really? People keep forgetting that he is one of Kandi's BEST FRIENDS not just her employee. She's tweeted on this before about how DJ does come across as very inserted in her business and then followed it up with how long they've been friends and more importantly with this one phrase "Because he CAN" that's all I need to know. Plus, DJ may be a bit messy but damn if dude doesn't have conviction and I have to say he don't play when it comes to his friend. He ain't wrong, let's think about this. These bitches are shady as hell especially Phaedra so I get that his antics may be a little bit extra but funny enough that seems the most real to me. I know I ain't gonna stay shut if I hear someone throwing shade about MY friend? My integrity wouldn't allow it. I would at least address it and let people know how I feel about the fact that they are sitting there being two face to a friend of ours and DOUBLE that if we just SHARE the mutual friend and we aren't all friends like the situation with him and Cameron. Girl bye! I will speak up and put people in their place you better believe it!

Also what the deal with it being ok to start attacking or using DJ sexuality as insults. So its okay to say these things just cause? Tell you what a couple of seasons ago when one of the women went to town on, was it Dwight? or Miss Lawrence? calling him a f***** and all that. The HoWives were aghast at the term but lobbying references in connection to DJs sexual preference for the purpose of insulting him? Okay, no bueno. I hate that I have to defend this man cause I wasn't happy with the way he went in on Todd a couple of seasons back (or was it last season) but I tell you he really doesn't hold back when it comes to letting mother fuckers know and I admire that a lil bit I have to admit.

What's the weather like in my head?

And quite honestly,  not trying to slut shame but I saw the twerking clip in replay in the episode when she was going on the date and not the actual episode and it looked straight up disgusting. Maybe I'm old but these vulgar displays of flapping your ass checks and va jay jay lips in such a public fashion, no rhyme no reason just flap flap flap flap. NOT SEXY in my book. Just demonstrating how that part of your body moves and seems like a vile mechanical display, pretty much saying looky here, my genitals are operational in case your interested. That's not dancing, that's not casual and I can't believe this has swept the nation as something normal on the dance floor. But regardless it wasn't even like she was "dancing" and threw in some twerking. It was that deliberate, slow twerk with the intent being very clear which I'm still completely shocked is a real thing now with women. God help us all!

Also, on a shallow note I found it pathetic cause it look so nasty since one side of her bikini bottoms were halfway up her ass while the other side was baggy and ill fitting. Just so messy and trashy and dirty looking. Ugghhh. Whatever happened to being polished while oozing sex appeal Burlesque style..? Now that I have no problem with. Hell even the girls at the strip club have finesse and style while doing their thing but just randomly pumping ya ass in a mans face with no real agenda other than stimulation, at the pool, in such a casual setting? Shit she may as well have pulled out a banana and demonstrated how well she can deep throat it . Just saying.

Instagram, actually the whole damn internet happened.   Girl come sit down next to me and Kim on the Auntie's bench, we are currently zapruder'ing how and why spreading ass cheeks as a ritual made it into courtship.  Bring a switch on your way out.

• Love 12

I agree and might I add-at Kandi's event no less.  Kind of tacky to suck up the free food and booze and then step aside and start snarking on Kandi and Todd.  Don Juan may be a little over the top but I can see his frustration with Phaedra manners of the south and her little conversation.  If anyone was thirsty is in the whole mess it was Porsha-what does any of this have to do with her?

Well, Porsha was only going by what Phaedra told her after she said it was nice to see Phaedra/Kandi talking. Then DJ walks over and starts questioning Porsha's comment about how stupid it was to loose a friendship over money. He got up in their conversation without knowing or even asking how it started. While Phaedra ignored him, Porsha tried, unsuccessfully, to explain no one was attacking or talking smack about Kandi to begin with but he refused to hear that and kept trying to start an argument IMO. 

• Love 7

As for Kandi's speech, she could have been talking about KimB just as easily because Kim owed her far more money than Phaedra did Todd and that deal was related to the event....music.

Right, she was probably talking about Kim Z and the Don't be Tardy for the Party situation but Phaedra was a hit dog and decided she would holla at Todd about the money. 

One of Kandi's main reasons for distancing herself from Phaedra is the fact that Phaedra went running to Nene talking about her.  You're supposed to be my friend, but you're running to somebody you KNOW does not like me and that openly disliked YOU in the past.  So I don't know about you, you can't be trusted & I don't think I can have anything more than a superficial relationship with you. 

It's the same reason Nene started distancing herself from Cynthia & Marlo after they started cozying up to Kenya.

Whether Todd is a bitchass or not, Phaedra knows she owes him at least $5000 for services rendered.  If she can write a check for Ayden's fancy private school she can write a check to Todd, too.  Todd's coming after Phaedra & not Apollo because Phaedra was the one writing the checks.  Everyone knows that.  It was Phaedra's business & Phaedra made the deals.  And if Phaedra cut the checks for $30,000 to Todd why would Todd go after Apollo for the $5000-$8000 balance?

Don Juan is messy and I don't like him.  If this was Kenya's event or Cynthia's event & he overheard Porsha & Phaedra talking smack about Kandi, then I would say he needs to sit down & stay out of their business. HOWEVER, Porsha & Phaedra were talking bad about Kandi & Todd at KANDI's event.  What you're NOT gonna do is come eat up all Kandi's food, grin all up in her face, scurry off to the balcony to talk crap about the hostess and think nobody's going to call you out.  I had no problem with Don Juan calling out Phaedra & Porsha because they were talking crap about his friend at his friend's event.

• Love 14

Whether Todd is a bitchass or not, Phaedra knows she owes him at least $5000 for services rendered.  If she can write a check for Ayden's fancy private school she can write a check to Todd, too.  Todd's coming after Phaedra & not Apollo because Phaedra was the one writing the checks.  Everyone knows that.  It was Phaedra's business & Phaedra made the deals.  And if Phaedra cut the checks for $30,000 to Todd why would Todd go after Apollo for the $5000-$8000 balance?

Don Juan is messy and I don't like him.  If this was Kenya's event or Cynthia's event & he overheard Porsha & Phaedra talking smack about Kandi, then I would say he needs to sit down & stay out of their business. HOWEVER, Porsha & Phaedra were talking bad about Kandi & Todd at KANDI's event.  What you're NOT gonna do is come eat up all Kandi's food, grin all up in her face, scurry off to the balcony to talk crap about the hostess and think nobody's going to call you out.  I had no problem with Don Juan calling out Phaedra & Porsha because they were talking crap about his friend at his friend's event.

TBH, Todd's lazy ass aint coming for anybody. He's sending his wife on a search mission for his money. And I wouldn't pay his bitch ass either. Don't send your wife for a check when you could have been got your money from your besty Apollo.  Now, I don't ACTUALLY think it's Apollo's job to give Todd the money, but while we're using spouses to conduct business....

I did. Don't ear hustle incorrectly and then try to snap on somebody.  That "but you said, but I heard, and you said and you did" jibber jabber thing he did that sounded NOTHING like any of that convo between Porsha/Phaedra?  Bitchmade.  Points for Phaedra saying she doesn't talk to her friend's employees. Extra points had she actually said it to Don's pressed, overdramatic ass.

• Love 5

Maybe mama Joyce wasn't so far off with her opinion of Todd. I can't stand him this season and was all Team Todd up until now. He hangs in the strip clubs with Apollo and stays friends with the low life peice of crap criminal, keeps his toys and shit in Kandi's garage for him, then cries to Kandi that PHAEDRA owes him money. Where were his balls before Apollo went to prison? He had plenty of time to get that money but now it's all on Phae.  I also don't think he gives a damn about the baby. He has shown Zero interest. Hell, Don Juan is more concerned about Kandi's pregnancy than Todd is. 

Porsha- I can now see why Kordell grew tired of her and now I do think there were two sides to that divorce, even though Porsha made it look like it was all Kordell. She acts like a 5 yr. old. Grow up, woman. 

Cynthia- was she just playing us with all that I don't love Peter anymore garbage? I knew that wouldn't go anywhere. I thought for a minute, just one little minute that she actually was beginning to see the light and here she goes again trying to mend the unmendable.  Beautiful dumb broad. 

• Love 7

Hit dogs holler, IMO.

What Kandi said about mixing friends & business was not necessarily about Phaedra/Todd. Everybody knows Kandi had the situation with Kim Z, so if Phaedra was feeling that Kandi was taking a shot at her with her speech, maybe Phaedra should go ahead and pay that man the rest of his balance. She knows she owes it, whether it's 5 or 8 thousand, whether Todd is being silly about it or not.

I took it as a Kim Z reference myself and more than likely it was, since Kandi was talking about her own business not Todd's. But Phaedra heard it and yelped.

Maybe I'm hard hearted but I was unmoved by Ayden's ride to school and Phaedra's tears.  All of the things these children's father has become - he was all of those things before she married him.  Phaedra put herself in a position where her children would have to grow up without a father.  Not only that, but she's been pimping these kids out on this tacky show for years.  She is more concerned about her own fame and money than the welfare of her children.

Phaedra is the biggest hypocrite to hit this show in a long, long while.  Acting all Christian when she's selling out her children's childhood for money.  Acting like she's shocked at Apollo's crimes when she was most likely complicit - and she's an officer of the court!   And the worst part is, she never even provides a great fight scene.  Whenever anybody steps to her, she slinks away mumbling "Oh lawd Jesus help so-and-so for fighting with me, oh laawwwdamercy" and lets somebody else do her dirty work.  Never, ever liked her.  

AMEN. In its entirety, but especially the BF. *applause, applause*

And, she does and there is.  During the sitdown with Kandi at the factory when Phaedra hears about this as an issue for the first time, her exact response to Kandi saying you owe him $8,000 wasn't no I don't, it was, it was, it's $5,000.  Ya'll?  seriously?  If someone owes you money and you know it and more importantly they know it, well enough to have the exact dollar amount mentally ready, why is it your responsibility to chase down your money?  Ya'll tambout invoices and carrying on when she knows good and damn well there is an outstanding balance she's never mentioned.   Yeah she was busy going through what was probably the worst year of her life but that doesn't justify ignoring her obligations.   

That having been said, I liked that he was willing to enter the fray to keep a bish accountable.  Don't you stand out here and tell that lie, money is NOT the reason ya'll fell out.  I'm also not here for Porsha trying to get at him (while walking out of earshot) with a sexuality dig.  Similarly he needs to get snatched for telling her to go find that man that left her.  I can't stand it when a good and valid point gets derailed by personal and irrelevant bullshit, because when they review that scene it's gonna be about him acting a natural ass fool instead of the point he was actually making.

Let us not forget in this awful, trying, terrible time she found time capitalize on a quip she didn't even create by producing and hawking #fixitjesus t-shirts, and get some silicon help for those struggle bitties she used to hike up to her neck. She still has employees and an office, so paid those bills. House? Mortgage likely paid each month. Nobody appears to be missing meals around there. And that most exclusive school in Atlanta ain't gonna take an I.O.U. or "I paid you most of it, stop sweating me" as a paid in full. So clearly she pulled herself out of the pits of her terrible, horrible, awful, no good year to cut SOME checks every month. The ones she gave a damn about - the ones that let her front. 

Not cute in real life, or reel life.

They were talking shit about his friend. In earshot, on camera. I could just see the editing play out with him hearing it, and doing nothing to defend Kandi. Plus he didn't even walk up fussing, but asking "How are we doing ladies? I couldn't help but hear you talking about my peoples" in a congenial, joking way. He didn't rush up at them, Crip-walking his mal intentions like Ann Sullivan teaching Helen Keller "water." That it turned into a turn up was a result of the responses, not merely him approaching.  

• Love 9

Kenya's ass is mystical and an affront to geometry. How can it be both square and pointy (but not at the 4 square points) at the same time? That is some 4th dimension shit right there! Someone call Neil Degrasse Tyson and Stephen Hawkins. 

I admit it. My eyes leaked a bit of moisture at the Phaedra/Ayden scene. 

How convenient that the skype connection goes bad as soon as Porsha starts asking the difficult question about being in a serious relationship. Now I have heard of faking losing a cell phone connection during a call (oops, I'm going thru a tunnel or making those weird noises with your mouth) in order to end a conversation or avoid a difficult question but never heard of such a thing happening during a skype call. Do he press or button or start doing the robot and moving slow?

Porsha really does have beautiful skin and I think her body and new boobs look great but those white pants at the party were unflattering to the extreme. But still I say yeah for her body confidence. I feel the same way when I see some people IRL wearing shit that society tells them are really only meant for your more slimmer types and even though it may not look good on them (or sometimes even anyone no matter the size) part of me loves their 'give no fucks, gonna wear what I want and I think I look good' attitude. So torn!

Kim has the worst style and taste in clothes. Contrast that to her husband who looked so dapper and debonair in his blue (velvet?) sport coat. Best dressed man there.

Todd refusing to dress up for Kandi's event? Outside of his wedding, when does Todd ever not look like he is on the way to a sports (or strip) bar to meet his boys? Forever casual!

Kenya looked great in red at the party.

Demetria needs to keep that curly short hair do. That is her look. She looked gorgeous. 

Speaking of short dos, Porsha needs to keep the mid-length hair. So much more flattering. Why so many women (of all races) want to have Crystal Gayle long to the  ass hair is a mystery when something shorter flatters them so beautifully?

Actually based off stuff she's said about men and her list at the fertility office I think Kenya believes she's going to marry/breed with Chris Pine.

LOL! She actually said one of her criteria is that they have to look like Matthew McConaughey. Like, has she seen him lately?!?!?  He looks like a sun dried gecko. I've got no problem with black women opening their horizons, hell I wish it would happen more, however Kenya? I give her the same side eye I would give a black person who proclaimed love of chocolate, chocolate, chocolate but the minute it was time to procreate, they stroll into the clinic talking about 'where the blue/green eyed ovaries/sperm at?" 

"I wish I had a bucket of water for his thirsty ass!"

My new favorite phrase!

I think Kandi's opening remark was aimed more at Kim Z than Phaedra, but good for Phaedra for just walking over to settle it. Damn Todd's, been around Peter too much, he's developing a case of bitchassedness  

I don't think Kandi's awkward ass speech had any place at that premiere party. 

Don't even have anything to add about Don Juan. Its all been said. I would only add that yes, Porsha did go a bit crass with the tampon comment but I think this statement is just more of a gutter way of the whole 'insert name of man' wanting a peach. Both strike me as a strike at a man's manhood. Not throwing shade because I have made the Peter wants a peach comment my damn self!

• Love 8

Demetria needs to keep that curly short hair do. That is her look. She looked gorgeous. 

Speaking of short dos, Porsha needs to keep the mid-length hair. So much more flattering. Why so many women (of all races) want to have Crystal Gayle long to the  ass hair is a mystery when something shorter flatters them so beautifully?

From your mouth to every stylist's ears.  Shorter hair also highlights good cheekbones, and makes those gorgeous earrings pop.  Long hair hides all that.  Plus, it's gotta be hot.  On the other hand, these gals seem comfortable with it -- they're not constantly playing with it, pushing it out of their face, tossing their head, etc. 

Did Demetria really tell Kandi that it looked like she had a butt on her chest?  Because it did look like that. 

I thought Kenya looked cute in those blue shorts.  First dates are hard enough -- making small talk -- without having cameras around. 

• Love 1

My guess regarding Phaedra not paying Todd is a passive aggressive dig at Todd for his seemingly impenetrable loyalty to Apollo. I think she's probably seething over him storing Apollo's stuff and other things he's done in support so she's going to drag the payment shit out.

There was a point last season when I thought I was beginning to like Todd, but, this season with his seeming indifference to the baby and Kandi and his constant telephone usage at inappropriate times, plus hiding behind Kandi, I now think he's just a big old tool.

• Love 11

My guess regarding Phaedra not paying Todd is a passive aggressive dig at Todd for his seemingly impenetrable loyalty to Apollo. I think she's probably seething over him storing Apollo's stuff and other things he's done in support so she's going to drag the payment shit out.

There was a point last season when I thought I was beginning to like Todd, but, this season with his seeming indifference to the baby and Kandi and his constant telephone usage at inappropriate times, plus hiding behind Kandi, I now think he's just a big old tool.

I have to wonder if this is Kandi's/Todd's attempt to placate Joyce after the bashing she has received (deservedly IMO) the last couple of seasons. Make Todd look almost as bad/questionable as she expressed but still allow him room for a redemption arc storyline next season after the baby is born. I would not put it past Kandi or Bravo to do this. LOL

Shady Bravo. LOL.

Previews for next week's show lets you know exactly what they think of Phaedra's bad year (or so) excuses.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/episode-9/videos/phaedra-parks-and-todd-tucker-talk-money

IMO, Phaedra, deserved or not, is getting the bad edit in regards to Kandi/Todd this season. She must have ticked off TPTB/production last season.

• Love 3

I don't think he's hiding behind Kandi. I get a feeling that all his noise about Kandi handling her friend and getting that money has to do her not wanting him to go down the traditional route with Phaedra and collecting because SHE didn't want to cause waves. The same way she handles his conflict with mama Joyce. I wouldn't be surprised if Kandi during the onset of moneygate wanted to take it slow and not turn it into a thing considering how fragile their friendship already was. I'm just saying, Todd handles his business in a pretty straight forward way. He's always given off the impression that he ain't the type to dance around this that or the other especially when it comes to business so all this he ain't doing it himself just seems off to me. I'm inclined to believe he initially deferred to Kandi's wishes based on the family/friend relationship they had with the Nidas that probably turned into "where's my money" after Phaedra started acting shady regarding the remaining balance. It seems pretty clear that Phaedra's reluctance to be square with Todd is stemmed from her being spiteful and in that case I'm guessing Todd believes it IS safer for Kandi to handle it cause I have no trouble believing that at this point Todd wouldn't be to inclined to mince words when addressing Phaedra and the money owed him. For real, so I ain't mad at him for asking Kandi where they stood on the issue cause I don't think he's scared to ask her for the money. I think it more about him not wanting to upset Kandi's relationship with Phaedra any more than it is by bouncing up in there and handling it as firmly as he would any other business associate trying to weasel their way out of payment.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 13

I think Phaedra would expect to be paid in full if Todd hired her as an attorney to collect a debt from say Kenya or Cynthia.  Phaedra sloppily sued Kim Zolciak on Kandi's behalf and I can only assume she charged for her craptastic work in that matter.  If Phaedra's contention is the completed project was so bad she could not market it, then perhaps she can talk discount.   If it she is having money troubles, which I don't think she does given she has about half a dozen jobs, then she is going about it the wrong way in asking a friend for a gift.  Todd didn't ask to donate to the Parks household and to do so against his will is just not right. 

There are people on this show that should not produce projects together.  Kandi and Phaedra both seem to have trouble in this area.  First Kandi with Kim Z., Phaedra with Kenya and now Kandi/Todd with Phaedra.  I can't help but believe part of the incentive to produce these projects is to provide a storyline and the other part is of course to make money. 

• Love 6

Ya know, if Todd wants the money due him from Phaedra he can get it easily...sell what is in the garage! Apollo's property is most likely post marital property.  Phaedra probably would not mind sticking it to Apollo and the debt is repaid, besides, hiding assets is against the law, right?

• Love 4

Ya know, if Todd wants the money due him from Phaedra he can get it easily...sell what is in the garage! Apollo's property is most likely post marital property.  Phaedra probably would not mind sticking it to Apollo and the debt is repaid, besides, hiding assets is against the law, right?

Those assets may belong to those folks that Apollo stole from.  Todd should send all of that crap to Phaedra's house and let her deal with it.

He should not have agreed to store it in the first place.

He needs to collect his money in cash.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

As desperate as Porsha and Kenya seem to be about finding a man it strikes me funny that neither one of them have game, when talking to men they don't even make eye contact, it's awkward and forced and have no idea how to converse about anything other than asking if the man thinks they are sexy.  I can only think that Oliver is getting some money for his role in the "Porsha's long distance relationship ruse" because there is no chemistry between them, he seems like a gigolo.

• Love 10

My take on this episode...

Porsha is still testing the dating waters after a very bad and sudden divorce. She is both trying to be independent and free but also very cautious about the guys she's dating. Hence why she posed the question to Olivier about his intentions as why waste time in a long distance relationship if it will go nowhere. She simply asked the good and viable question if he is looking for a booty call or a real relationship.

I actually liked Kenya this episode (for a second) during her date as she acted rather normal and a bit shy with her date. She lost me with her shadiness towards Kim

Kandi as I stated before never tries to set bounderies with people around her. It is very obvious she is jealous of Phaedra's friendship with both Nene and Porsha. It is more like she really wants to get back the close "only us" relationship she originally had with Phaedra. I don't believe she really wants Todd's money issues to interfere with her friendship with Phaedra. She feels it will only make it worse.

Todd isn't handling this issue at all well as a businessman. He allowed his friendship with Apollo cloud his judgement so he is basically going after Phaedra because he is angry on Apollo's behalf. It is no real news that he has sided with Apollo as far as his marriage to Phaedra is co concerned and this appears to be his attack on Phaedra for not having his friend Apollo's back and believing everything Apollo says about Phaedra. I believe that is why he is coming so hard on her to pay him money that he apparently wasn't concerned about until after Apollo went to jail.

Bud? Coming over to actually see if Phaedra was OK and to see the kids was the only friend of Apollo who actually cared about the kids to show up and give support. I also like that even tho he is Apollo's Bff he also doesn't just take everything Apollo say as truth because he knows Apollo and also server jail time with him. The other guys just see wha they wa t to see and would rather villainize Phaedra than hear the truth.

Truth be told Demetria has far better vocal skills than Kandi who really didn't fit the video. She should've just produced it and no costar in it.

The P&P conversation was a private one where Phaedra was just explaining what was going on with her and Todd. DJ shouldn't be quoting around eavesdropping on private conversations much less confronting the people when you didn't hear the entire exchange. They were not ever trashing Kandi. They were discussing the problem with Todd. DJ butting in and forcing his opinion as well as trying to start a fight was more disruptive than anything he thought he heard.

He seems like he is trying to isolate Kandi from any of her friends so she only relies on him exclusively.

I believe Phaedra did the right thing to not engage DJ in an argument and just leave

• Love 9

Lol. The philosophy of determining where a man stands sooner rather than later (and by sooner he means immediately) is a Harveyism.  In one of his tomes, he advises that one of the problems with single women (assuming we'd like to change that status) is that we are not asking key questions or gathering information quickly enough.  Ideally a candidate needs to know (and truthfully express with certainty and conviction) his stance and future view of relationship by your fifth date.   He is also the same individual who tells of how he knew his (current/3rd wife) was the one he was going to marry (next).  Several months into their relationship, she gets up in the middle of the night to catch him whispering on the phone at 2am, she goes into the bathroom, comes out dressed, bag in hand and tells him her goal is to raise her children in a stable loving home with one man dedicated to her cause and if he wasn't about it, that was fine, but she wasn't about the games.   That his relationship advice has enough value to sell books tickles me a little.  Guess I'mma start calling you Miss Corinthia.

Ohhhh. OK. Well, I've not ready any Steve Harvey books, so this is mighty curious! I agree that a month or so in, you want to find out if you and the guy (or girl, whatever floats your boat) are on the same page. However, I was looking at Porsha on a second date, a Skype date at that, asking that long-term question, like, "Girl, say what?" Did she really think that was the tack to take? Especially when you consider that the bulk of the conversation was all about her ass and her poking it out and yada yada yada, it wasn't all that surprising when Oliver had sudden "technical difficulties" with the Skype.

Like, Porsha, he's not the dude for the long-term. If she's just dating to date, then she should definitely go for it! But if she's really trying to lock something down with someone, say no to Oliver, ma'am!

• Love 3

The authorities took that shit from the garage after the episode aired.

I wonder if the Feds got Apollo's car that was parked/hidden at Cynthia's/Peter's place as well?  LOL

Ohhhh. OK. Well, I've not ready any Steve Harvey books, so this is mighty curious! I agree that a month or so in, you want to find out if you and the guy (or girl, whatever floats your boat) are on the same page. However, I was looking at Porsha on a second date, a Skype date at that, asking that long-term question, like, "Girl, say what?" Did she really think that was the tack to take? Especially when you consider that the bulk of the conversation was all about her ass and her poking it out and yada yada yada, it wasn't all that surprising when Oliver had sudden "technical difficulties" with the Skype.

Like, Porsha, he's not the dude for the long-term. If she's just dating to date, then she should definitely go for it! But if she's really trying to lock something down with someone, say no to Oliver, ma'am!

I could be mistaken but didn't Porsha say that she was a little gun shy about getting involved with Oliver because of how Duke ran away? So I get why she asked the question, even if it was a bit too early to do so. LOL IMO, Porsha IS looking for Mr right and NOT just to hook up with a guy but YMMV.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I forgot to mention this, but I laughed when Kenya said the guy she went out with didn't meet everything on her list. I learned at 23 that men aren't going to meet every item on my checklist and that doesn't mean they aren't good men, so I would think Kenya would know that. I am not suggesting she settle, just that you can pass up great men by comparing them to a list.

• Love 5

I wonder if the Feds got Apollo's car that was parked/hidden at Cynthia's/Peter's place as well?  LOL

I could be mistaken but didn't Porsha say that she was a little gun shy about getting involved with Oliver because of how Duke ran away? So I get why she asked the question, even if it was a bit too early to do so. LOL IMO, Porsha IS looking for Mr right and NOT just to hook up with a guy but YMMV.

I believe she did say that. 

Honestly, I don't know what happened on the Duke front because I didn't jump back into this franchise until the Lake Lanier episode. (I also stopped watching a couple episodes in last season, so I missed the bulk of season 7.) But if Porsha is looking for something more serious, Oliver ain't looking like he's about that life with her.

• Love 3

Honestly, I don't know what happened on the Duke front because I didn't jump back into this franchise until the Lake Lanier episode. (I also stopped watching a couple episodes in last season, so I missed the bulk of season 7.) But if Porsha is looking for something more serious, Oliver ain't looking like he's about that life with her.

IMO, Porsha was already planning their, hers/Dukes, wedding in her head and once he realized that he left skid marks in cyberspace getting away from her. LOL Porsha doesn't seem to realize that most guys just want to "play" with her, not marry her at this point. She misses all the signals, I get the feeling that she was sheltered growing up and we are seeing her go wild for the first time while not understanding the message she is sending out about herself to any man she meets. JMO

• Love 9

Among other things, he lives in Miami, right?

• Love 2

IMO, Porsha was already planning their, hers/Dukes, wedding in her head and once he realized that he left skid marks in cyberspace getting away from her. LOL Porsha doesn't seem to realize that most guys just want to "play" with her, not marry her at this point. She misses all the signals, I get the feeling that she was sheltered growing up and we are seeing her go wild for the first time while not understanding the message she is sending out about herself to any man she meets. JMO

I think Porsha is looking for a very rich man who won't make her sign a pre-nup. 

• Love 1