Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: There's No Business Like Friend Business

• Start Topic

My God, that Demetria is stunning. She is really beautiful. 

I think the Phaedra/Todd money thing is just manufactured for some "story" as nothing much is going on besides the baby. I also think Don Juan was enlisted to cause trouble. He's too "present", meaning he seems to be everywhere and have his nose in everything. I think he's the new Mama Joyce- resident trouble maker who is over protective of Kandi.

Kim looks really pretty with her hair down and curly. She had a serious Bride of Frankenstein look going and that talking head frizz ball is scary! She's pretty and shouldn't try so hard. She doesn't need to.

Kenya is so fake and unappealing, I FF'd her whenever possible. Peter hates her- that's clear. I agree, and I am no Peter fan. Her date was great looking but just for show. I didn't watch the date but he looked pretty as I FF'd through it.

I think Porsha is becoming the star of the show.........not sure why but she seems to get the most airtime and perspective. 

• Love 6

Phaedra "Our Lady of Half Truths and Lies" needed to get exposed. She was quick to ride up to the gas station and collect her coins from her client, why can't she cut a check to Todd? She's made it clear that she owes him money. I guess she figured she could pass off the "but I didn't release it" reasoning to the stupids and they wouldn't question it...which is exactly what happened. That being said, as usual, Don Juan was extra and turned up real quick, even though I can understand defending his people from Phaedra's little slickmouth spin game. I can't fault her for not wanting to engage in a scene at that point, but I also think that part of it is that she is not good in head on confrontation. She likes to have time to get her little quips together.

Porsha can take her dumb ass off my screen any time now. Pink panties and tampons, ok, boo. Take a seat and figure out how to get a man without titties and Skype, because that MO isn't working for you, and that's pretty much all you have. Maybe get an education.

I didn't think Kandi was talking about Phaedra in her speech. If anything, I think she was referencing Kim Z, given the parallel of her direct involvement in a musical project. I don't really see her shading people anyway, she either avoids issues or is extremely blunt. Either way, that wasn't really necessary for the event. She looked great in the video, and the parts I heard of the song sound catchy. I wasn't expecting that. Demetria showed more personality and energy in 10 minutes than she did all last season! Where was that girl when she was trying to snag a peach?

I like that Kenya was casual and cute on her date. I enjoyed her hanging out with Marlo too. Cynthia and Peter are boring. I can't even be interested in her potentially "getting her groove back" after seeing her let him slide again. That clip of a crackhead singing about Peter being broke without her is the perfect wrap for their run on the show. 

Over Todd. I give him 3 more years, max.

• Love 7

I wonder if the Feds got Apollo's car that was parked/hidden at Cynthia's/Peter's place as well?  LOL

I could be mistaken but didn't Porsha say that she was a little gun shy about getting involved with Oliver because of how Duke ran away? So I get why she asked the question, even if it was a bit too early to do so. LOL IMO, Porsha IS looking for Mr right and NOT just to hook up with a guy but YMMV.

She seems like she is sending the message that she is free, single, and ready to mingle.

• Love 1

She seems like she is sending the message that she is free, single, and ready to mingle.

I agree she IS sending THAT signal but IMO, she is really looking for Mr right to marry. I don't think she wants to be single long but would rather be married.

• Love 3

I'm with Don Juan. If I heard someone talking about my friend(he is not just her employee but her friend as well) you can be for damn sure I'm going to say something. Doesn't mean I'm thirsty or extra and I don't think he is either. I actually don't even like him.

The thing is, Todd has been doing his share of trashing Phaedra behind her back to anyone who will listen.  And since when is Todd Don Juan's "people"?  He's gossiped about Todd way more than Phaedra ever has.  That's why I'm not sympathetic to Kandi at all since she sits there and lets DJ trash Phaedra on camera seconds after they supposedly made up.  Not once has she tried to shut him down.  To me, it just proves what a shitty friend Kandi is.  Hell, she doesn't even try to shut DJ down when he trashes her own husband.  Both, no, all three of them can take several seats as far as I'm concerned.  And I'm going to say it, Kandi totally hijacked Demetria's video.  There! 

I agree and might I add-at Kandi's event no less.  Kind of tacky to suck up the free food and booze and then step aside and start snarking on Kandi and Todd

Kind of like the way Kandi sucked up the free food and booze at Porsha's party for Duke and then sat around telling random people that Duke hangs out with transvestites.  How tacky and rude!

Truth be told Demetria has far better vocal skills than Kandi who really didn't fit the video. She should've just produced it and no costar in it.

THANK YOU!!!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13
I've become tired of Phaedra and her shady southern belle act. I thought she was hamming it up a bit when she was taking Ayden to kindergarten.

I'll take it a bit further.  I thought that the dialogue in the car ride was rehearsed.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 8

Phaedra is the biggest hypocrite to hit this show in a long, long while.  Acting all Christian when she's selling out her children's childhood for money.  Acting like she's shocked at Apollo's crimes when she was most likely complicit - and she's an officer of the court!   And the worst part is, she never even provides a great fight scene.  Whenever anybody steps to her, she slinks away mumbling "Oh lawd Jesus help so-and-so for fighting with me, oh laawwwdamercy" and lets somebody else do her dirty work.  Never, ever liked her.

So an officer of the court should be seen fighting on television? I thought mature people walked away when a drunk or just plain stupid ass man got in the face of a woman. The FBI has been all through their lives to find whatever money Apollo stole and return it to those swindled. I don't recall Phaedra acting shocked at Apollo's crimes but embarrassed and pissed off. I'm unwilling to say someone is in any way complicit in a crime when all I have to go on is a reality show and Radar Online. And instead of talking smack behind her back about taking two small children to prison to visit their irresponsible father, maybe Todd should have been handling business. Do they still make visitors squat and cough? That's a nice thing for a son to see his mother have to do.

If I was Demetria I would be royally pissed at how they cut the video scene to highlight Kandi's parts more than hers on this show.  Poor Demetria.  She never gets a good edit from this show.

As long as those coins are coming in I would care less who got more airplay on this show. If the label is doing a major push then all other PR efforts should center on Demetria.      

And Don Juan can't get anyone together when he doesn't know what the conversation is. Nobody was talking smack. Phaedra didn't deny she owed money; she said she wanted to get matters settled with a hint of disgust at Todd talking shit behind her back again. Porsha agreed that friendship and money don't mix. 

Don Juan jumped the gun. There will be plenty of time for him to jump bad at the ladies gossiping but this time was not it.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 10

I agree she IS sending THAT signal but IMO, she is really looking for Mr right to marry. I don't think she wants to be single long but would rather be married.

I agree with you.  I should have added that her signals are crossed.  She is signaling for a playmate, not a marriage partner....at least on TV anyway.

• Love 5

I agree with you. I should have added that her signals are crossed. She is signaling for a playmate, not a marriage partner....at least on TV anyway.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but that's hardly the way to seek a serious relationship. If she wants to attract a man with money (and, therefore, choices), she needs to tone it down.

She is too old to be behaving like a teenager in heat.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 8

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but that's hardly the way to seek a serious relationship. If she wants to attract a man with money (and, therefore, choices), she needs to tone it down.

She is too old to be behaving like a teenager in heat.

True, very true but I don't think Porsha realizes she is sending THE wrong signals to the wrong men! I think she was sheltered/protected as a child, and again when she was married to Kordell, so now that she is on her own for the first time......she has gone wild without realizing exactly what she is doing wrong, less is often more but she hasn't figured that out yet. Lets hope she does soon!

• Love 4

Spoiled is not sheltered, and chick was only married to Kordell for a hot minute. It's not exactly like she changed after him; video vixen changed FOR him. She's passed the threshold for her mid-30s. She's no wide-eyed ingenue.

How is it 3 pages in with no mention of Alexis Field showing up by Skype?!

Fun things from this episode:

1. Demetria's Kandi impression - too funny.
2. Kandi not being able to sit upright in the chair during her THs. I get why, but it was funny because it looked like her breasts were pushing her back. LOL. And also because she just did not GAF that she was reclining through the things.
3. Cynthia's side eye and shady comments about that struggle bouquet...both to the assistant AND Peter. Hahahaha... yeah, it's a start, but I am here for Cynthia's "it's a bullshit start." ROFL.
4. Those gifts from Bun. Oh my. Wonder how many cartons of cigarettes those cost him?
5. Full hair and makeup workouts. Okayyy...
6. Peter's Poverty Song performed by Christopher Williams flashback

• Love 9

ROTFL!!!  Like bop bop bop.    

And, she does and there is.  During the sitdown with Kandi at the factory when Phaedra hears about this as an issue for the first time, her exact response to Kandi saying you owe him $8,000 wasn't no I don't, it was, it was, it's $5,000.  Ya'll?  seriously?  If someone owes you money and you know it and more importantly they know it, well enough to have the exact dollar amount mentally ready, why is it your responsibility to chase down your money?  Ya'll tambout invoices and carrying on when she knows good and damn well there is an outstanding balance she's never mentioned.   Yeah she was busy going through what was probably the worst year of her life but that doesn't justify ignoring her obligations.  Thing is, had she said that (or anything) to either of the Tuckers, they probably wouldn't even be having this conversation, it's not like they're beat for the cash.

Because the enterprise, request and contract wasn't between two homies, it was between Todd Tucker in his professional capacity as whatever he does and Phaedra Parks Esq., business woman.    Handle your business.

What does that have to do with her obligation to pay it?

No there isn't.  She knows she owes him at least $5,000.  The terms of the contract aren't conditioned upon receipt of a product, they're conditioned upon whatever Todd's professional contribution was.  And he fulfilled his end of the agreement.  If payment were based on release of the video, that's the excuse she would use to negate it.

The thing I hated about the conversation she had outside with Porsha and Shamea is that she lied by omission.  Yes by all means tell your friends that this bitchass is bothering you after cashing $30,000 worth of checks you wrote but be sure to leave out that you still owe him $5,000.  That shittiness nearly cancelled out my uterine contractions watching/listening to Ayden proclaim to always be mommy's baby.  All that cuteness almost makes me wanna untie a tube or two lol.

A billion times this.  And whatever a billion times a billion is.  People shouldn't have to chase you down to pay them money you know you owe them.  It shouldn't be incumbent upon them to send you a final, final, final invoice.  If you know you owe money than pay it.  I would guess that this is what most people have learned from their decent, hardworking parents.  If you have a bill due, don't make someone chase you down for the money.  Never mind that Phaedra is a businesswoman, or a woman with a law degree, there is just a right way and a wrong way to do things.  But this is typical Phaedra.  Deflect, deny, and trying to worm her way out of responsibility.

How this gets turned into "well, its really Todd's fault because he didn't approach her directly" is a mystery to me.  The men on this show have gotten in trouble for dealing directly with the women in the past.  And I do not put it above Phaedra to try to turn it into a fight so she can later claim that Todd shouldn't get anything because he was "aggressive" or "confronted her" and she is merely a wilting southern flower.

And so so so agree with the bolded and italicized.  A contract is a promise for a promise.  It doesn't matter that it was a video to promote Apollo, if she signed the contract than she is liable.  If Todd performed as promised under the contract than he deserves to be paid the amount they contracted for.  Period.  If she could argue that release was a contractual condition, she would have done so instead of trying to be shady.

• Love 13

True, very true but I don't think Porsha realizes she is sending THE wrong signals to the wrong men! I think she was sheltered/protected as a child, and again when she was married to Kordell, so now that she is on her own for the first time......she has gone wild without realizing exactly what she is doing wrong, less is often more but she hasn't figured that out yet. Lets hope she does soon!

She is simply stupid, you ask me.

• Love 8
She reminds me of Demetria on Blood, Sweat and Heels - she was short and busty like Kim (they were always making short jokes about her on Living Single) and she stayed wearing crew necks, and it never looked good. It's just not flattering.

Lord, Demetria (not the songstress, but the Blood, Sweat, and Heels gal) spent a lot of money to look short and stubby.  Her clothes were always tasteful, but totally wrong for her body.

I agree with people that Kandi should have not been in that video.  It just does not look like she and Demetria would be fighting over the same man the way Brandi and Monica was in the nineties.  I love Kandi's hustle (it was one of the things her and Phaedra had in common), but she almost looked like Demetria's mama in that video.  She looked great, but you could tell she was pregnant, so unless they had a line about baby daddies in the song, it made no sense.

Somebody talked about Kenya wanting Chris Pine for her baby daddy...for such a beautiful chocolate skin sister, she does love the light skinned guys.  She even said that she wanted her sperm donor to be light with green eyes and complained when they sent her a black practice baby.  Oh well, she has a right to like whatever she wants.

True, very true but I don't think Porsha realizes she is sending THE wrong signals to the wrong men! I think she was sheltered/protected as a child, and again when she was married to Kordell, so now that she is on her own for the first time......she has gone wild without realizing exactly what she is doing wrong, less is often more but she hasn't figured that out yet. Lets hope she does soon!

I love that Porsha loves her own body, but she knows that twerking like that on the side of the pool does not say wife material.  When she was married to Kordell, she knew how to play the demure lady.  I do not know if this is the real Porsha or if girl is just having a good time after an oppressive marriage.  She knows most baller types with money want a freak in the bed and a lady in the streets.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5

Porsha is young, cute, and she is having fun with attractive men. I don't blame her.

Kind of like the way Kandi sucked up the free food and booze at Porsha's party for Duke and then sat around telling random people that Duke hangs out with transvestites.  How tacky and rude!

Well, damn. Bwahaha! I'm a Kandi fan and I actually cackled.

Don Juan is Kandi's chihuahua. The way he was yapping up the skirts of Phaedra and Porsha was ridiculous, and they handled him well. Kandi tries to play shocked at how protective he is but that is exactly what she pays him to do. Phaedra's little boy is the sweetest thing on the earth. No matter how shady Phaedra can be, she is doing something right with her kids. Anyone see how sweaty Porsha was on her underboob area when they were outside of Kandi's event? Must be torture to have on dressy clothes, makeup, and wigs/weaves in that heat- I would melt!

• Love 1

How this gets turned into "well, its really Todd's fault because he didn't approach her directly" is a mystery to me.  The men on this show have gotten in trouble for dealing directly with the women in the past.  And I do not put it above Phaedra to try to turn it into a fight so she can later claim that Todd shouldn't get anything because he was "aggressive" or "confronted her" and she is merely a wilting southern flower.

Speaking for myself, I don't think it's Todd's fault that Phaedra didn't pay him. Ideally, you shouldn't have to chase anyone down for your money. I'm in 100% agreement that we all have to pay what we owe. What's bugging me with Todd, or at least how it's edited, is he seems to be sulking in the background. Either be proactive about getting your coins, or take the L for it and let it go. But you can't have it both ways. The mere fact that this has been going on for two years is ridiculous. Someone mentioned upthread that maybe Todd wasn't going as hard as he'd want to for Kandi's sake. Perhaps, but still. This was a business arrangement. Send her a bill if she hasn't received one already, and if she's still dodging you, get a lawyer involved.

• Love 6

What's bugging me with Todd, or at least how it's edited, is he seems to be sulking in the background. Either be proactive about getting your coins, or take the L for it and let it go. But you can't have it both ways. The mere fact that this has been going on for two years is ridiculous. Someone mentioned upthread that maybe Todd wasn't going as hard as he'd want to for Kandi's sake. Perhaps, but still. This was a business arrangement. Send her a bill if she hasn't received one already, and if she's still dodging you, get a lawyer involved.

Exactly. You're a grown man with a production company, but you don't know how to handle this professionally? You wait 2 years to settle a debt? A debt you claim to be nearly 10K? As often as he has hung out with Phaedra and Apollo, there is no reason why this issue should have gone on as long as it has. If money is owed and Phaedra didn't pay it, yeah, that's messed up and unprofessional on her part, but it takes two seconds to make an invoice and submit it to for payment. They both handled this incorrectly. Asking your wife to go handle something she has nothing to do with just because it involves her friend is so lame.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

She is simply stupid, you ask me.

I am not convinced she is THAT stupid. LOL There are 2 very different Porsha's IMO, the 1 we see on the HW show and the 1 on Dish Nation. One portrays a rather dumb woman/child and the other is fairly smart AND funny. I think she is more more like the Dish Nation Porsha than the HW Porsha in real life. I would rather see/watch the smart/funny Porsha than the stupid one.  JMO

Exactly. You're a grown man with a production company, but you don't know how to handle this professionally? You wait 2 years to settle a debt? A debt you claim to be nearly 10K? As often as he has hung out with Phaedra and Apollo, there is no reason why this issue should have gone on as long as it has.

Exactly, which is why I am beginning to question if there really IS an outstanding debt OR if this is faked for the sake of show drama! LOL

• Love 5

^^^

I totally agree. Porsha does have her Underground Railroad moments (did y'all see her a few weeks back on WWHL when she had no idea where the "Platomic" region is? LOL) but I love that she can laugh at herself and she's surprisingly quite sharp on Dish Nation. I hope she finds love because she seems like such a fun, sweet-natured person and she endured that ass Kordell like a champ.

• Love 5

^^^

I totally agree. Porsha does have her Underground Railroad moments (did y'all see her a few weeks back on WWHL when she had no idea where the "Platomic" region is? LOL) but I love that she can laugh at herself and she's surprisingly quite sharp on Dish Nation. I hope she finds love because she seems like such a fun, sweet-natured person and she endured that ass Kordell like a champ.

I suspect that production/Bravo wanted Porsha's persona to be the opposite of Kenya's persona when they joined the show. Porsha was the beautiful, young, naïve, uneducated HW married to a slightly older controlling husband contrasting Kenya as the beautiful, worldly, intelligent, serious former Miss USA looking for marriage. Ying and Yang comparison HWs. LOL

• Love 2

There are a couple of things I think people did as a big favor to Apollo-one was stashing his goods for a time being.  Not to hide them from the Feds but to reduce the friction at Phaedra's house.  Obviously if the put it out there on TV, there will follow up.   People get into nasty fights all the time over "stuff" and why not remove that from the home?  Apollo  acted goofy with what was left at Phaedra's and a little scary.  I don't think any of the couples were siding against Phaedra, they believed they were doing the right thing in supporting Apollo.  Phaedra had her new support system headed up by Nene.  There may come a time where Phaedra softens or has a change of heart regarding Apollo seeing their sons and it just seems that some of these folks took the path of least resistance. 

• Love 3

There are a couple of things I think people did as a big favor to Apollo-one was stashing his goods for a time being.  Not to hide them from the Feds but to reduce the friction at Phaedra's house.  Obviously if the put it out there on TV, there will follow up.   People get into nasty fights all the time over "stuff" and why not remove that from the home?  Apollo  acted goofy with what was left at Phaedra's and a little scary.  I don't think any of the couples were siding against Phaedra, they believed they were doing the right thing in supporting Apollo.  Phaedra had her new support system headed up by Nene.  There may come a time where Phaedra softens or has a change of heart regarding Apollo seeing their sons and it just seems that some of these folks took the path of least resistance. 

I agree.  Kandi said that she did not believe Apollo and his lies so I never entertained the idea that she was taking his side over Phaedra's.  Now, she did think that Phaedra should take her kids to see Apollo, but I think that was more about the kids than Apollo.  Also, we don't know when Apollo left these items with the Tuckers and Baileys.  He and Phaedra were on the outs so I don't see him leaving these items at Phaedra's when she told him to get his stuff and leave.

Its a touchy situation for all involved.  In the end, I think Phaedra will stay with Apollo so being neutral is the best play for everyone. 

Edited by ToukieSmith

^^^

Yeah I like Porsha but I admit to being quite surprised at how well she was reading the teleprompter on dish nation lol.

I think she's ditzy and lacks formal education but she's sharp when she needs to be and she reads people well. There's a reason she kept her spot on both shows and Claudia lost hers.

• Love 3

Here is the full video of Demetria's and Kandi's song.   I think it is a cute video.  Liking the song too. 

Lol!  That fake Andy Cohen is TeamTooMuch.   I like it too but it doesn't do justice to or showcase Demetria's vocal skill.  That girl did a tribute to Whitney that ruined my whole life.  She's super underrated.  I get why she featured Kandi so prominently, I can recognize her and her voice off the bat, but, pardon the *compliment*, Demetria's generically beautiful, I could be staring at her in the airport having no idea why she looks so familiar.  Kandi was serving me a little lisa lisa with that headband. Cute.  The song's catchy I hope it does well for her and she gets to parlay it into other stuff because her voice is much better than the material she's had to work with. 

• Love 3

My issue isn't with Todd wanting to be paid, that is on Phaedra if it is owed.  My issue is sending your wife to do your collections.  My second issue is acting like you just did business with Phaedra when we all know these workout vids were a joint venture between Apollo & Phaedra & Todd isn't running around bad mouthing Apollo over it.  But Phaedra needs to pay the balance & be done with it... since, seriously, if it's owed it is owed & it isn't like Apollo can pay.

• Love 5

My issue isn't with Todd wanting to be paid, that is on Phaedra if it is owed.  My issue is sending your wife to do your collections.  My second issue is acting like you just did business with Phaedra when we all know these workout vids were a joint venture between Apollo & Phaedra & Todd isn't running around bad mouthing Apollo over it.  But Phaedra needs to pay the balance & be done with it... since, seriously, if it's owed it is owed & it isn't like Apollo can pay.

But, right or wrong, the men on this show have gotten called out for confronting women.  And Phaedra who likes to deny, deny, deflect and worm her way out of responsibility would be the first to try to play a victim if Todd approached her directly and claim that he should have sent Kandi to do it.  Anything to paint herself as someone who has done NOTHING wrong has always been Phaedra's game.

In Phaedra's case, I truly believe she "forgot" to pay the money back because she is taking advantage of the relationship.  Like, "well, Kandi isn't going to press me for this money, so I should just keep it instead of paying it"  But how shitty a friend are you, that instead of paying your friend her money you are trying your best to take advantage of her friendship and not pay.  If she knew right off the bat how much she owed that means it didn't "slip her mind" she just decided she wasn't going to pay and was going to hope that it all blew over because no one would want to confront her on it.  Taking advantage of a friend's kindness is an awful thing to do.  Its just so underhanded, and it should make everyone question the type of friend that Phaedra is.  

• Love 3

Whatever the reason, I really do miss the true friendship that Phae and Kandi had once upon a time.  They really complemented each other.  Both were driven women that wanted to take care of their families.  Kandi and Phae could be country and kinky as hell.  It hurts the show that now I do not believe that any of the friendships are real, with the exception of maybe Phae and Porsha.

• Love 5

Here is the full video of Demetria's and Kandi's song.   I think it is a cute video.  Liking the song too. 

The song and the video are good, and I almost NEVER say that about any of the long line of songs/videos that are borne out of reality shows.  It's stuck in my head now.  Kandi should talk to Mona Scott about writing some songs for the Love and Hip Hop Franchise, I mean, granted, this song is no "Good Lotion" :)  but still

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 3

This wouldn't be a case of Todd getting in women's bizness, like Peter likes to do. I'm not saying Todd should sidle up to her at a function or in the parking lot & harass her, I'm saying Todd needed to make an appointment with Phaedra & discuss the balance owed or, better yet, have his attorney contact her, surely she isn't the first person he has dealt with who hasn't paid the bill in full.  There are better ways of going about getting the money owed to you than involving your pregnant wife.

I like the song as well, it was catchy!!

• Love 4

This wouldn't be a case of Todd getting in women's bizness, like Peter likes to do. I'm not saying Todd should sidle up to her at a function or in the parking lot & harass her, I'm saying Todd needed to make an appointment with Phaedra & discuss the balance owed or, better yet, have his attorney contact her, surely she isn't the first person he has dealt with who hasn't paid the bill in full.  There are better ways of going about getting the money owed to you than involving your pregnant wife.

I like the song as well, it was catchy!!

I don't think that would be the case either, but I wouldn't put it above Phaedra to sell it that way.  Phaedra likes to try to find a way out of taking accountability for things, and to me, that is just her MO.  So, if she can say that Todd "got involved in woman business" and should have sent Kandi as a way to avoid taking accountability or responsibility that is something she would do.  And Phaedra is very, very slippery.  If he went to Phaedra and she tried to come up with some slick reason why she didn't owe him the money, he couldn't really confront her without her pulling the "well, I'm just a wilting southern belle" routine.  Its a lose/lose for him.  I think involving an attorney could have come off as pretty confrontational, and its sad when you would have to do that to get money out of someone who claims to be your friend and knows they owe you money.  Perhaps they were simply hoping she had forgot, but if she knew the balance going into a conversation, she knew she owed it and that she was simply hoping not to pay it.  And that says everything about who Phaedra is.

• Love 2

I don't think that would be the case either, but I wouldn't put it above Phaedra to sell it that way.  Phaedra likes to try to find a way out of taking accountability for things, and to me, that is just her MO.  So, if she can say that Todd "got involved in woman business" and should have sent Kandi as a way to avoid taking accountability or responsibility that is something she would do.  And Phaedra is very, very slippery.  If he went to Phaedra and she tried to come up with some slick reason why she didn't owe him the money, he couldn't really confront her without her pulling the "well, I'm just a wilting southern belle" routine.  Its a lose/lose for him.  I think involving an attorney could have come off as pretty confrontational, and its sad when you would have to do that to get money out of someone who claims to be your friend and knows they owe you money.  Perhaps they were simply hoping she had forgot, but if she knew the balance going into a conversation, she knew she owed it and that she was simply hoping not to pay it.  And that says everything about who Phaedra is.

You don't wait 2 years to request payment, you send a bill reminder then if you don't get a response, call the person. This is the first we have heard about Phaedra/Apollo owing Todd any money, why not ask Apollo or have him get the check from Phaedra 2 seasons ago,  why wait until Apollo was IN prison before asking and why didn't he ask Phaedra OFF camera instead of ON camera? Either Todd is an awful business man, a coward OR this is nothing more than a producer induced storyline to make Todd look questionable to soften the viewers towards Joyce. I would not put it past any of them, including Phaedra, to do this for Kandi to appease Joyce. I vote for the latter.LOL

• Love 3

I don't find it odd that Todd hasn't involved attorneys, etc. This is his wife's friend after all. Just a textbook case of why you don't do business with friends.

What on earth has this to do with Joyce? There is nothing that could "soften" this viewer w/r/t Joyce.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 4

You don't wait 2 years to request payment, you send a bill reminder then if you don't get a response, call the person. This is the first we have heard about Phaedra/Apollo owing Todd any money, why not ask Apollo or have him get the check from Phaedra 2 seasons ago,  why wait until Apollo was IN prison before asking and why didn't he ask Phaedra OFF camera instead of ON camera? Either Todd is an awful business man, a coward OR this is nothing more than a producer induced storyline to make Todd look questionable to soften the viewers towards Joyce. I would not put it past any of them, including Phaedra, to do this for Kandi to appease Joyce. I vote for the latter.LOL

I think you do if you are hoping that your friend is a decent enough person to pay you back the money they know they owe you without any further action.  They just made the mistake of thinking that Phaedra is a decent person.  Why would you ask Apollo in prison, when Phaedra is right there and knows she owes you the money!  That is my entire thing, why should you have to chase your friend down for money they know they owe you?  That right there is an awful friend who is just hoping to take advantage of your friendship.  And I think Phaedra is the one who is in charge of their money and business affairs.  Apollo spoke about how she demanded half of the mortgage from him, and not that he pay it directly to the mortgage company but that he give it to her.  By far Phaedra seems more like the one in charge of their business and finances, Apollo can barely string together a coherent thought. 

He is neither an awful business person nor a coward.  He is just a decent person, who didn't want to drag his wife's friend into court.  People like Phaedra make it their business to take advantage of decent people who make the mistake of being their friend.  He should absolutely drag her into court at this point and let the judgment sit on her record.  

This wasn't a matter of her "forgetting" that she owed money, she knows she owes money but simply decided that she could take advantage of her position as Kandi's friend to not pay.  And that is a low, low, low human being.  You shouldn't take advantage of your friends like that, but that is Phaedra.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 7

I think you do if you are hoping that your friend is a decent enough person to pay you back the money they know they owe you without any further action.  They just made the mistake of thinking that Phaedra is a decent person.  Why would you ask Apollo in prison, when Phaedra is right there and knows she owes you the money!  That is my entire thing, why should you have to chase your friend down for money they know they owe you?  That right there is an awful friend who is just hoping to take advantage of your friendship.  And I think Phaedra is the one who is in charge of their money and business affairs.  Apollo spoke about how she demanded half of the mortgage from him, and not that he pay it directly to the mortgage company but that he give it to her.  By far Phaedra seems more like the one in charge of their business and finances, Apollo can barely string together a coherent thought. 

He is neither an awful business person nor a coward.  He is just a decent person, who didn't want to drag his wife's friend into court.  People like Phaedra make it their business to take advantage of decent people who make the mistake of being their friend.  He should absolutely drag her into court at this point and let the judgment sit on her record.  

This wasn't a matter of her "forgetting" that she owed money, she knows she owes money but simply decided that she could take advantage of her position as Kandi's friend to not pay.  And that is a low, low, low human being.  You shouldn't take advantage of your friends like that, but that is Phaedra.

I don't think Phaedra forgot she owed him anything either but Todd hasn't shown her a finished product either according to this storyline. LOL Todd could have asked Apollo 2 years ago, well before he pled guilty or went to prison and Apollo had money enough to pay Todd and get reimbursed from Phaedra when they went to the strip clubs together. Remember, it was nothing for Apollo to spend $8K on those nights at the strip club. LOL IMO, this debt doesn't really exist, it is a storyline to soften viewers opinion about Joyce by making Todd look bad. He asks for money Phaedra has owed him for 2 years only after Apollo goes to prison, he show very little interest in Kandi/baby/high risk pregnancy among other things. AND YES, I do think Kandi would ask Todd to do this for her mom and I do think he would go along with it as would Phaedra. LOL

• Love 1

Honestly, how much of this show is anything other than producer created/modified story lines?  I always thought the transformation of Kandi's Mom from Kind Wise Sage to Bitchy Battlin' Bertha was FAKE to the max.  Phaedra has little TV-worthy going on, now that her DH is in the slammer (that part's REAL, at least) & she & Kandi may've conspired to be on the outs in an attempt to retain their respective peaches, especially with the knowledge that Tootie was back in town, (falsely) auguring heavy competition in the short & stoutish dept.  Legal issues between Kenya & Porsha seemed legit, but their dating lives & Peter's courting of Cyn on this episode felt phony to me.  Same goes for 95% of most of the other Ho'wives shows, of course - why do we watch, much less endlessly analyze this tripe??

• Love 2

Whatever the reason, I really do miss the true friendship that Phae and Kandi had once upon a time.  They really complemented each other.  Both were driven women that wanted to take care of their families.  Kandi and Phae could be country and kinky as hell.  It hurts the show that now I do not believe that any of the friendships are real, with the exception of maybe Phae and Porsha.

I don't think Kandi and Phaedra will ever be that close again, especially if Don Juan has anything to say about it.  When Kandi and Phaedra had their sit down talk, Don Juan just had to go put doubts back into Kandi's head as to Phaedra's sincerity.  And even though Phaedra didn't say more than two words to him when he confronted the ladies at Kandi's event, it seems he's going back to Kandi making it seem like Phaedra was trash talking Todd when we know that wasn't the case.  Kandi is just too gullible when it comes to Don Juan and his meddling in her personal life.  She blindly takes his side every time.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 5

yikes!  agree that Cynthia and Peter's segments are just uncomfortable.  I wonder how much it cost Peter...I mean, the producers to hire the guy who does caricature sketches at the fair?

I still do, and will always think Kenya is hilarious.  "I don't have requirements in a man....but I mean if he is 6'4, athletic...maybe a centaur...LOL."  That guy at the gym is all wrong for her, but he might be a good showmance since he seems very happy to be on camera.  But I'm with her, I don't trust a guy that wants to go from "first date" to "boyfriend."  

Why did Kim's husband let her leave the house like that?  You don't have to be mean about things, but he might have made a suggestion or two.  She looks ready for RuPauls Drag Race or a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

You know -- it strikes me that Kandi has always had a problem confronting people close to her.  She wouldn't do it with Kim, when Kim was talking shit about her (her house being in the ghetto) and taking advantage (with the song).  She refuses to do it with her mother.  And I wouldn't be surprised if Kandi told Todd not to pursue the money from Phaedra for this long as a favor to her.  Just goes to show what a shitty friend Phaedra is.  She knows Kandi won't pursue it and will just drop it, so of course instead of doing the right thing and paying the money, she will instead make her friend run behind her to get it.  Knowing full well that Kandi is more likely than not just going to let it go because she doesn't want to confront someone she is close to.  Thats just an awful way to behave.  Because Phaedra just isn't a very decent person.  She gave birth to some sweet children, but thats about it.  And you know what, Phaedra is talking about a "pregnancy video" that doesn't sound like anything for Apollo.  And why should Todd approach Apollo if Phaedra is the one admitting that she wrote the checks.  The deal was clearly between the two of them!  

Well gee Porsha, its no "Flatline" but yeah, I think Kandi's song will do just fine, even if your pea brain can't remember it.

I'm already laughing at the previews for next week because it looks like Phaedra gets caught again!

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 4

I'm a little lost on the video discussion. IIRC, Phaedra's never disputed the fact that she has the finished product from Todd, nor has she disputed the fact that she owes him money. All I've seen is her trying to sidestep the issue by talking about Todd going to the strip clubs with Apollo and by saying that SHE never released the video, all while acknowledging owing him money. I don't think there is even a debate to be had on the 'if' of project and debt.

Also, as a (rather haughty) businessperson and egotistical woman who is all about her coins and multiple jobs, I seriously doubt that Phaedra would allow her credibility to be used in that way as a storyline. There is already enough sideye on her integrity because of everything to do with Apollo, it doesn't stand to reason that she would do anything to further tarnish that, even for a peach. Not paying what one owes is unethical and unbecoming an attorney. That law degree and its check potential are far greater than a reality tv show.

• Love 4

You don't wait 2 years to request payment, you send a bill reminder then if you don't get a response, call the person. This is the first we have heard about Phaedra/Apollo owing Todd any money, why not ask Apollo or have him get the check from Phaedra 2 seasons ago,  why wait until Apollo was IN prison before asking and why didn't he ask Phaedra OFF camera instead of ON camera?

The is the first WE heard how does that equate to them not bringing it to her attention? Also, I don't understand what the hell 2 years has got to do with it? So there's a statute of limitations on a balance owed? Well good to know. I mean I'm honestly asking what relevance does the 2 years have with regards to them wanting Phaedra to pay? How that makes its so much more sketchy or wrong? Actually that sounds about right to me. It sounds like people who are friends HOPING that it resolves itself and not wanting to have to go up to their friend with their hand out requesting funds like THEY the one's coming for a loan or something. Girl, believe me I know. Nothings worse them letting time go on hoping you don't have to actually bring it up and then have to deal with someone giving you the side eye about it like you corny enough to come for it. Yes there are people out there who do that and it's extra tricky when it has to do with someone you're "close" with. Eye rolls and everything being offended at the mere mention of it cause they spin it to make it seem like YOU'RE so thirsty for the money or that your request implies that they were trying to stiff you. Basically all of Phaedras talking heads.

I am not one bit surprised that Todd and Kandi let it slide for a while for the simple reason on not wanting to have to go there. Postponing it simply because they didn't want to have to go through the ugliness Phaedra is throwing at them now. Besides when does a debt not being mentioned for a while equal the balance has zeroed out? I really don't understand that part? This whole "it's been 2 years logic" sounds like it's common knowledge that if you don't get your money back after 2 years especially if you've never asked for it (allegedly) then what right do you have to expect it now... Wait wha..??. huhhhhh???

Also, I would expect that it's been so long cause they KNEW she was having a rough time and as friends they didn't want to come at her for funds when they know she's getting a handle on what her new reality is without her husband and "single" mother of two kids. I'm not at all shocked that they've let it lie for while coming up with excuses FOR Pheadra to tell themselves in order to make sure they didn't jump the gun and seem callous. They also expected her to handle her business with them when they felt she wasn't reeling from the blow of Apollo going to jail and her new circumstances. Actually I think that's commendable. That they WEREN'T all up in her face for that remaining balancing and allowed her more than enough time to "get to it" AFTER she got through the more pressing things that were happening in her life. But it's like the internet jokes all over the social media/Memes.. "The look you get when you see someone turning up and wasting money when they owe YOU money". I think Todd and Kandi finally reached that point where they were like.. Hold up......

And that's all she wrote.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9

I don't think Phaedra forgot she owed him anything either but Todd hasn't shown her a finished product either according to this storyline. LOL Todd could have asked Apollo 2 years ago, well before he pled guilty or went to prison and Apollo had money enough to pay Todd and get reimbursed from Phaedra when they went to the strip clubs together. Remember, it was nothing for Apollo to spend $8K on those nights at the strip club. LOL IMO, this debt doesn't really exist, it is a storyline to soften viewers opinion about Joyce by making Todd look bad. He asks for money Phaedra has owed him for 2 years only after Apollo goes to prison, he show very little interest in Kandi/baby/high risk pregnancy among other things. AND YES, I do think Kandi would ask Todd to do this for her mom and I do think he would go along with it as would Phaedra. LOL

But at that point there really wasn't any reason to believe the balance wouldn't get paid. It has taken this long for them to realize that this bish is really trying to stiff them. Back then I don't think they saw it as an issue anyway so that's why it wasn't brought up. Alos it seems like there were payments being made so they were already comfortable in believing that payment wouldn't be a problem. I mean the woman paid them 3 quarters of it already why would they think anything going awry with the remaining balance? Again I am so confused about why this whole course of action was expected from Todd and Kandi back before they felt it was even an ISSUE. I don't see anything wrong with them NOT coming for them back then. They didn't feel played back then.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

I don't think Kandi and Phaedra will ever be that close again, especially if Don Juan has anything to say about it.  When Kandi and Phaedra had their sit down talk, Don Juan just had to go put doubts back into Kandi's head as to Phaedra's sincerity.  And even though Phaedra didn't say more than two words to him when he confronted the ladies at Kandi's event, it seems he's going back to Kandi making it seem like Phaedra was trash talking Todd when we know that wasn't the case.  Kandi is just too gullible when it comes to Don Juan and his meddling in her personal life.  She blindly takes his side every time.

Well home boy didn't really even hear most of the conversation and he was still dead on about Phaedra. Phaedra did not take that opportunity to finally put things to bed like Kandi was trying to sincerely do. They just rehashed the bad juju thats going on between them without really coming to terms with each other and that was on Phaedra's end. She doesn't want to bury the hatchet. She wants Kandi to bury hers or actually she wants to dismiss Kandi's hatchet as irrelevant and unwarranted while she makes it about her woes and how Kandi failed her. So even though DJ is extra he has Phaedra's number and he ain't gonna miss a beat cause Kandi can be guliable when it comes to the people she cares about and DJ knows it and knows that Kandi, for all her spark can and has been emotionally taken advantage of by those she cares about. Just because, he too, takes advantage of that wide range Kandi gives to her people I honestly sense some serious loyalty coming from him so on this matter I ain't mad at him.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4