Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: There's No Business Like Friend Business

• Start Topic

IMO, there is NO outstanding debt, NONE! IMO, this is just a storyline to make Joyce's behavior look less disgusting by making Todd look more like the type of person that Joyce claimed he was. And YES, I do think Kandi would ask him to do this for her mother and I do think that BOTH Todd and Phaedra would go along with it especially if the producers were in favor of it.

I do NOT see Todd letting a debt go this long, I don't see Todd asking his pregnant wife to "talk to" Phaedra to get the money for him. I also don't see Phaedra allowing a debt to pass with all the negative press about Apollo/crimes or the suspicions/talk that she may have been involved in those crimes herself. The fact that we have heard nothing about ANY debt for 2 seasons reinforces this for me. YMMV though    LOL

• Love 1

^^I absolutely see Phaedra doing this sort of thing.  This fits Phaedra's MO perfectly.  And IIRC the same sort of thing happened when she wanted to do that video with Kenya.  They were fine at first, but then the business fell apart and Phaedra was calling her a raging alcoholic.  And this from what I remember, was before anything with Apollo.  From what I've seen, Todd doesn't look bad in regards to anything that MJ said about him.  This isn't a storyline about him stealing Kandi's money, he is trying to get money for his own business.

• Love 3

Kandi being pregnant, working with Demetria and her friendship being shaky with Phaedra isn't enough of a storyline for her this season? Hmmmm curious. Todd going along with all this, making HIMSELF look bad after losing his mother in order to soften what people who don't know them feel about Joyce (the woman who called his late mother a prostitute no less) as a favor to Kandi when he can't even pay attention at a Dr. appt concerning the pregnancy? That Todd? Again curious and I must say pretty incredible.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I remember a Facebook post where Kandi says that the producers forced Mama Joyce to act like she did.  Really?  The producer made her stand up and try to attack Carmen in the bridal shop?   The producers forced your boyfriend to rip out all the expensive stuff in Kandi's house and leave it in shambles?

I actually came across an interview in these forums where an actual producer gave an interview about the HW shows in another country.  Even though these shows are scripted as hell, the producers can not contractually force the ladies to talk about things in their lives they rather leave private.  It is why in New Jersey the whole beef between Carolyne and Teresea had to be attributed to the stupid cookbook and not what was actually going on.

I liked Kandi, but the excuses she makes for her loved ones are pathetic.  Mama Joyce will run off everyone she loves in her life and take her to the poorhouse, if she lets her.

I think there was a debt and Todd did not collect as a favor to his buddy Apollo and because the family was going through a hard time.  When show heard about he debt they decided to use it to ramp up the beef between Kandi and Phaedra.  I think Phaedra was actually blindsided to a degree.

I agree that I would have much rather had a story line about Kandi and Demetria producing that song and video.  Not everything has to be negative all the time.

• Love 2

The song is catchy. The video and premise of the song is a bit 90's. I could tell Kandi was pregnant - which leant another meaning to the video that maybe it shouldn't. Demetria is a much stronger singer than she is and to an outsider viewing it looks like she's the guest featured star of the song instead of the opposite.

I feel like this is the point where maybe producers pulled Kim aside and told her to liven up or lose the peach.

Don Juan has always gotten on my nerves. I feel like he's too outspoken and always trying to come up with Karen Walker quotes.

• Love 1

I am not convinced she is THAT stupid. LOL There are 2 very different Porsha's IMO, the 1 we see on the HW show and the 1 on Dish Nation. One portrays a rather dumb woman/child and the other is fairly smart AND funny. I think she is more more like the Dish Nation Porsha than the HW Porsha in real life. I would rather see/watch the smart/funny Porsha than the stupid one.  JMO

I'm not sure if it was this ep or a recent one, but they showed Porsha reading her funny witty lines from a teleprompter on Dish Nation.
  • Love 5