Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: There's No Business Like Friend Business

• Start Topic

A long-distance romance continues for Porsha. Also, Kenya tries to woo a younger man; Peter and Cynthia's reconciliation progresses; and the ladies gather to celebrate Kandi's music collaboration with Demetria McKinney, but not without tense drama.

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out why Don Juan is so jealous of Phaedra.  For him to walk up to them and act a complete bitch was so extra.  He's not going to be satisfied until Kandi never speaks to Phaedra again.  Again, what threat is Phaedra to him?  I'm glad she walked away and didn't engage.

• Love 17

Well, my goodness! How many seasons has Don Juan been working for his peach? I can't! I cannot with him.

Phaedra is shady is as fuck. She knows good and damn well that if it were her money, she wouldn't want nobody playing around acting like they don't her what they need to owe her, but Don Juan was getting hype like shit. Wow. I did snicker at Kandi's shade before introducing the video. Yes, friends and money don't mix, especially if they think you gon be a sucker about it.

Todd better play some Rihanna before he meets up with Phaedra: "Pay me whatchoo owe mehhh! Don't act like you forgot!"

• Love 8

Well, my goodness! How many seasons has Don Juan been working for his peach? I can't! I cannot with him.

Phaedra is shady as fuck. She knows good and damn well that if it were her money, she wouldn't want nobody playing around acting like they don't know what they need to owe her, but Don Juan was getting hype like shit. Wow. I did snicker at Kandi's shade before introducing the video. Yes, friends and money don't mix, especially if they think you gon be a sucker about it. Kandi's too nice, and fradusters like Wig and Phaedra will certainly try to take advantage.

Todd better play some Rihanna before he meets up with Phaedra: "Pay me whatchoo owe mehhh! Don't act like you forgot!"

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

Phaedra is shady as fuck. She knows good and damn well that if it were her money, she wouldn't want nobody playing around acting like they don't know what they need to owe her, but Don Juan was getting hype like shit. Wow. I did snicker at Kandi's shade before introducing the video. Yes, friends and money don't mix, especially if they think you gon be a sucker about it. Kandi's too nice, and fradusters like Wig and Phaedra will certainly try to take advantage.

Why do I get the feeling that Todd never said anything to Phaedra about still owing him money and expected, first Apollo to get it for him before Apollo went to prison and is now Kandi to handle his business! The idiot should have called or gone to Phaedra himself about the money or asked Apollo to pay him as Phaedra/Apollo did these workout videos together. JMO

• Love 10

I enjoyed this episode.  I am not sure why Don Juan felt the need to get into other people's business.  He was doing such a good job taking care of Kandi then he decided to dip into a conversation that was none of his business.  It seems that Porsha will be heading into this territory next week.

I am glad that Kim stopped dressing like Mrs. Roper, but I did not like her dominatrix outfit  You would think she would have someone style her for this show considering the exposure that it gives her.  Maybe she should hang with Marlo for awhile.

So Peter has never been to the park?  I guess if you only go out at night then that makes sense.

I agree with Porsha about Kandi's, um Demetria's song.  I thought that was Kandi's song/video.  I hope this means that we are going to get more Demetria and less of the other two FOHWs.

Kenya's date was cute. 

Why do I get the feeling that Todd never said anything to Phaedra about still owing him money and expected, first Apollo to get it for him before Apollo went to prison and is now Kandi to handle his business! The idiot should have called or gone to Phaedra himself about the money or asked Apollo to pay him as Phaedra/Apollo did these workout videos together. JMO

Todd should have had his business manager, accountant or lawyer send Phaedra a letter instead of asking Kandi to talk to Phaedra.  He has really handled this matter poorly.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 8

Why do I get the feeling that Todd never said anything to Phaedra about still owing him money and expected, first Apollo to get it for him before Apollo went to prison and is now Kandi to handle his business! The idiot should have called or gone to Phaedra himself about the money or asked Apollo to pay him as Phaedra/Apollo did these workout videos together. JMO

Phaedra is not a dummy, though. A woman like her who has started numerous businesses knows (or would know) exactly what is due when and whether there are remaining balances. This is a woman who talks about people not messing with her coins, so she's aware. 

• Love 11

It appears that Todd never actually had a viable contract with the Nidas and per Wirewrap, I agree that Todd didn't ask Apollo because of their guy code and when Apollo went to jail, he instead used Kandi to go after Phaedra. He really should have approached Phaedra face to face. I applauded Phaedra for requesting that they meet privately to discuss rather than using others to handle this. Kandi needs to learn to set boundaries. DJ is now the new mama Joyce.

• Love 13

Todd should have requested that private meeting with Phaedra a long time ago, it's been years.  Sometimes men don't know how to be men, especially if they had no strong male figures in their life.  And you definitely don't discuss matters such as that with the help.

• Love 12

Phaedra is not a dummy, though. A woman like her who has started numerous businesses knows (or would know) exactly what is due when and whether there are remaining balances. This is a woman who talks about people not messing with her coins, so she's aware.

She is also aware that she did pay him. She is also aware that he has yet to directly approach her regarding the balance. And she is aware that he said nothing about a balance until she and Kandi had their falling out. Now he's incensed about the balance?

It appears to be a handshake agreement between Todd and Apollo which Phaedra was consigning for Apollo to have a business of his own. Now that todd's friend is in jail I bet Apollo urged him to go after Phaedra for the money

• Love 12

Todd should have requested that private meeting with Phaedra a long time ago, it's been years. Sometimes men don't know how to be men, especially if they had no strong male figures in their life. And you definitely don't discuss matters such as that with the help.

I'm sure Todd didn't discuss the missing payments w Non Juan. Lack of boundaries Kandi certainly and put the batteries in Juan's back about business that ain't his own.

• Love 8

Todd had the opportunity to get the money off of Apollo, who was part of the partnership that hired Todd to do the video from the get go. Why didn't Todd get the money from Apollo before he went to prison? Also, Phaedra had her hands full with Apollo getting investigated, indicted, arrested, legal bills and then Apollo going to prison, not to mention having to explain what was happening with Apollo to their sons and I doubt that paying Todd would be a priority over all of that. Todd had every opportunity to contact Phaedra directly if he was unable to pry the money off of Apollo during 1 of their many trips to the strip joints they made together. LOL

• Love 14

I'm assuming Kim didn't agree to help Kenya with her "Life Twirls On" fiasco.  She's been insulting Kim nonstop in her talking heads ever since.  Kenya is such a fake bitch!  We all know that if Kim had agreed to help with that piece of garbage, Kenya would have been all over her telling her how good she looked in that outfit.  smdh

I'm sure Todd didn't discuss the missing payments w Non Juan. Lack of boundaries Kandi certainly and put the batteries in Juan's back about business that ain't his own.

Actually he did.  Well, Don Juan sort of eavesdropped (his specialty it seems) on Kandi and Todd as they were talking about it.  He even offered to go after Phaedra for the money for Todd.  Yes, the thirst is definitely very real!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

Why do I get the feeling that Todd never said anything to Phaedra about still owing him money and expected, first Apollo to get it for him before Apollo went to prison and is now Kandi to handle his business! The idiot should have called or gone to Phaedra himself about the money or asked Apollo to pay him as Phaedra/Apollo did these workout videos together. JMO

Ugh, yes. I mentioned during the first few episodes of the season that Todd's been disappointing me. It's been two years since this all went down? Todd, send an invoice! I don't understand why there's all this bitchassness coming from him. Or, if he didn't want to send an invoice, I'm sure he has Phaedra's number. Call her and set up a meeting. I could understand his saltiness if Phaedra was dodging his calls, but he expected Kandi to handle his business since Shady Phae is her buddy. Nah, homie. I'm gonna need for you to do better, Todd.

Donna Juanita is a gossipy old woman. He's so that dude in high school who hangs around the girls and has an opinion about everything that's going on. Now he's going to play runteldat to Kandi. He's itching to get his teeth marks into a peach.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 11

She is also aware that she did pay him. She is also aware that he has yet to directly approach her regarding the balance. And she is aware that he said nothing about a balance until she and Kandi had their falling out. Now he's incensed about the balance?

It appears to be a handshake agreement between Todd and Apollo which Phaedra was consigning for Apollo to have a business of his own. Now that todd's friend is in jail I bet Apollo urged him to go after Phaedra for the money

That there's a balance directly speaks to the fact that Phaedra hasn't paid all what she owes. So...

Todd had the opportunity to get the money off of Apollo, who was part of the partnership that hired Todd to do the video from the get go. Why didn't Todd get the money from Apollo before he went to prison? Also, Phaedra had her hands full with Apollo getting investigated, indicted, arrested, legal bills and then Apollo going to prison, not to mention having to explain what was happening with Apollo to their sons and I doubt that paying Todd would be a priority over all of that. Todd had every opportunity to contact Phaedra directly if he was unable to pry the money off of Apollo during 1 of their many trips to the strip joints they made together. LOL

They all have things going on in their lives. A lot was happening, for sure, with Apollo going to jail, but I have no doubts in mind that Phaedra didn't let slide any monies owed her from any of her business ventures, even during all of Apollo's BS. 

That's all I'm saying. All of these excuses for a woman who touts her business acumen...

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11

Apollo should be forced to watch the segment with Ayden and Phaedra so he can see what his stupidity is costing him. That's assuming he loves his son, of course. The "I'm still going to be your baby" melted my cold, black heart.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 18

My goodness. Seeing that flashback of Phaedra provoking Apollo and then acting like some scared suburban white woman, calling the police on a black man just really made me fear for my sons in these streets!

Poor Mr. President. Doesn't have that "good hair" like the Pope. Or the Pharoah. Or Prince. Whatever. #perpetuatingmyths

Geeze, for a lawyer, it seems like Phaedra depends on ex-cons a lot for spiritual guidance and to be father figures. But then, if the actual father is just a basic criminal, I guess that makes sense ..

Bun talking about how all Apollo talked about was getting back and um ... getting down with Phaedra? Guess that settles the whole "Phaedra met Apollo ten minutes outside of his incarceration." They were together before, during and after.

Phaedra's tears for Ayden going to Kindergarten? #unmoved

Not for nothing, but they don't focus on ANY asses on any of these franchises as they do on RHOA.

Do I think Kandi knows her body better than anyone else? Yes. Do I think Kandi will sugarcoat things and not be forthcoming about how tired she really is so nobody comments on age, etc.? YES. So I don't blame Don Juan for asking despite everything she says.

Wait, you're not dressing up for an event Todd? Say it isn't so!

Do I care that Don Juan got up in their conversation? NOPE! You're standing around talking shit about his good friend and boss within his earshot.

Don't clutch your pearls and then make nasty slurs about his sexuality because now you're mad at him. You're not slick, Porsha. You're just mad that Don caught your little "have a drink of water" comment and responded in kind. Then innocently exclaim "Why's he coming at me?" Bet Porsha doesn't sit up their with her "business partners" and Phaedra wasn't sitting around telling Dwight not to get his pink panties in twist if they had a disagreement, or said they needed a tampon. To mean that's like when someone gets mad at you and suddenly you're a "n***er," or "white bitch," like that racial comment just waiting to come out. But then, we all know how Porsha *really* feels about gay people. No petition to get her fired for her comments tho.

Porsha, you gon' need all the water you can carry in that bucket for your (literally) thirsty girl Shameka.

Oh, Kim. I'm mad you ruined my Living Single in syndication enjoyment. Regine was my favorite character behind Max, and your antics behind Glen have ruined that for me. Erika Alexander, Jasmine Guy, Kadeem Hardison - wherever y'all are, please stay up on your taxes and stay far, far away from reality TV. No excuse you think will work (" I want to find myself! And friends! And go out on a school night!" ) is going to be plausible enough to do this to your careers or your reputations.

• Love 19

The only time I've ever agreed with anything Kenya said is her comment about Kim's outfit. Not a good look.

Kandi looked fabulous in that music video! It looked really well edited too and from what we heard of the song it sounds catchy.

It can't be said enough WTH was Don Juan's problem inserting himself into the drama just because he heard them talking about his boss. Just so stupid. Glad none of the women engaged with his nonsense.

• Love 2

That there's a balance directly speaks to the fact that Phaedra hasn't paid all what she owes. That's all I'm saying. All of these excuses for a woman who touts her business acumen...

And Todd knew this TWO YEARS AGO so he should have contacted her directly and send an INVOICE. Yes, she needs to pay the balance if she was in an actual contract. But there is a decrepency on what the actual balance is. Most importantly, the Nidas DID NOT RECEIVE A PRODUCT. That also speaks volumes. And an abustle spouse going to jail while defaming your character is a darn good reason to not think about a three year old debt.

• Love 7

Todd had the opportunity to get the money off of Apollo, who was part of the partnership that hired Todd to do the video from the get go. Why didn't Todd get the money from Apollo before he went to prison?

Phaedra made no indication that Apollo was ever involved in the making of this video at all.  It seemed to be her solo project highlighting her pregnancy fitness routines.

They all have things going on in their lives. A lot was happening, for sure, with Apollo going to jail, but I have no doubts in mind that Phaedra didn't let slide any monies owed her from any of her business ventures, even during all of Apollo's BS.

Yes.  Phaedra isn't complaining that Todd should have handled the money owed with Apollo, or that she needs to figure out what the exact balance is.  She is complaining that she still owes Todd money for work he did for her, after she decided not to put out the video.

I HATE when people are shady like that, with a passion.  I am sure if  she has a client who decides to drop a case she is not going to forego payment for work she has already done.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 10

I just don't understand the bitchassness on this show with regard to the men.

Todd and Kandi can't seem to mix business and friendship. You'd think they'd have learned by now. Kandi can joke and throw shade all she wants but this is the second time this has happened.

Phaedra and Apollo should have paid what what they owed but the way this is playing out is ugly and it didn't have to be.

• Love 4

She also tipped her hand by bringing up Todd partying at strip clubs with Apollo while he should have been home being a parent (and not spending that money.) Now what does that have to do with the business being discussed? Nothing. Except to let you know where Phaedra's head was about Todd - being vindictive. Has no place in business and she knows it.

• Love 9

Oh and Ayden is such a sweet little boy. I felt Phaedra in that moment. Sending your babies off to school is hard the first time. I loved their little prayer and I hope Ayden had a good first day.

So men aggressively getting in women's faces is cool now, apparently. Good to know.

• Love 10

Don Juan can go the way of Mama Joyce as far as I'm concerned.  The less I see of his peanut head the better.  The only good thing I can say for him is he seems to care more about Kandi and the baby than Todd does. 

Poor Mr. President. Doesn't have that "good hair" like the Pope. Or the Pharoah. Or Prince. Whatever.

SMDH

• Love 11

My goodness. Seeing that flashback of Phaedra provoking Apollo and then acting like some scared suburban white woman, calling the police on a black man just really made me fear for my sons in these streets!

Poor Mr. President. Doesn't have that "good hair" like the Pope. Or the Pharoah. Or Prince. Whatever. #perpetuatingmyths

Geeze, for a lawyer, it seems like Phaedra depends on ex-cons a lot for spiritual guidance and to be father figures. But then, if the actual father is just a basic criminal, I guess that makes sense ..

Bun talking about how all Apollo talked about was getting back and um ... getting down with Phaedra? Guess that settles the whole "Phaedra met Apollo ten minutes outside of his incarceration." They were together before, during and after.

Phaedra's tears for Ayden going to Kindergarten? #unmoved

Not for nothing, but they don't focus on ANY asses on any of these franchises as they do on RHOA.

Do I think Kandi knows her body better than anyone else? Yes. Do I think Kandi will sugarcoat things and not be forthcoming about how tired she really is so nobody comments on age, etc.? YES. So I don't blame Don Juan for asking despite everything she says.

Wait, you're not dressing up for an event Todd? Say it isn't so!

Do I care that Don Juan got up in their conversation? NOPE! You're standing around talking shit about his good friend and boss within his earshot.

Don't clutch your pearls and then make nasty slurs about his sexuality because now you're mad at him. You're not slick, Porsha. You're just mad that Don caught your little "have a drink of water" comment and responded in kind. Then innocently exclaim "Why's he coming at me?" Bet Porsha doesn't sit up their with her "business partners" and Phaedra wasn't sitting around telling Dwight not to get his pink panties in twist if they had a disagreement, or said they needed a tampon. To mean that's like when someone gets mad at you and suddenly you're a "n***er," or "white bitch," like that racial comment just waiting to come out. But then, we all know how Porsha *really* feels about gay people. No petition to get her fired for her comments tho.

Porsha, you gon' need all the water you can carry in that bucket for your (literally) thirsty girl Shameka.

Oh, Kim. I'm mad you ruined my Living Single in syndication enjoyment. Regine was my favorite character behind Max, and your antics behind Glen have ruined that for me. Erika Alexander, Jasmine Guy, Kadeem Hardison - wherever y'all are, please stay up on your taxes and stay far, far away from reality TV. No excuse you think will work (" I want to find myself! And friends! And go out on a school night!" ) is going to be plausible enough to do this to your careers or your reputations.

I don't know what I would do if any of them showed their asses the way Kim is regarding being part of this show. Heh. My love of Kadeem goes back to middle school and A Different World, so here's hoping that he's made good financial decisions. D'oh! Speaking of Kadeem, I just had a petty memory of Chante Moore and her song, "Chante's Got a Man." Man. This is why it pays not to be smug about having a huzzzzzbin sometimes.

Also on the man front, I guess I could chock it up to Porsha doing it for the cameras and storyline, but this Skype date with Oliver was essentially the second date, right? That seems so soon to be on the "What are your long-term relationship goals?" tip with the dude. Similarly, Kenya's got this list on Egyptian scrolls for a man and whatnot and refuses to deviate from it for even the slightest thing. But OK.

• Love 2

Apollo should be forced to watch the segment with Ayden and Phaedra so he can see what his stupidity is costing him. That's assuming he loves his son, of course. The "I'll always be your baby" melted my cold, black heart.

He wouldn't get it.  He would probably pay more attention to their (Ayden and Dylan) clothes and how their hair is cut.

Porsha has a lot in comment with Trump.

Amen to this.  The Cosby Show  has been ruined by Bill Cosby's gross behavior.  I cannot handle anymore disappointment.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 5

Heh. My love of Kadeem goes back to middle school and A Different World, so here's hoping that he's made good financial decisions. D'oh! Speaking of Kadeem, I just had a petty memory of Chante Moore and her song, "Chante's Got a Man." Man. This is why it pays not to be smug about having a huzzzzzbin sometimes.

You don't even know. Inexplicable, even back to the flip-up shades.

So true. Chante, meet Phaedra and Porsha. Y'all got a lot to talk about.

So now we're equating Don Juan walking up and putting his arms around Porsha and Shameka with actually aggressive men? Good to know.

Poor Mr. President. Doesn't have that "good hair" like the Pope. Or the Pharoah. Or Prince. Whatever.

SMDH

Yeah, it was a pretty insensitive thing for Bun to say. Hence my hashtag. #perpetuatingmyths

• Love 2

That little Ayden is a sweetheart. He looked so worried on the way to school. I wanted to walk him to school and reassure him. I only enjoy Phaedra when she's with her children. Otherwise she just seems so sad and tired and fake this season. Her talking heads always used to make me laugh because they were so over the top but now? Meh.

Porsha had me at suggesting DJ needed a bucket for his thirst and then lost when she went into slur territory. That was a good .2 seconds of liking her.

The best part of this episode was the flashback of the song Peter had sung for Cynthia about how before he met her he was lonely and money was tight. So romantic!

• Love 7

Kenya and that pointy booty, I can't LOL. If I were her I'd never wear spandex. Or jeans. Homegirl can rock a maxi skirt though. Maybe. So what is her beef with Kim at this point? Her talking heads have been pretty shady when supposedly she and Kim squashed their beef and have "so much in common."

I need her not to do that maniacal laugh on dates. Whenever she does it my mind goes to Jamie foxx talking about how Tom Cruise would start laughing like a loon and he'd be sitting there like "wtf is wrong with you?" That's how I feel watchy coo coo Kenya laugh at her own unfunny jokes.

Shanea looked different. Couldn't put my finger on it.

Kim looks gorgeous in red lipstick.

Kandi looked really pretty on the shoot and demtria looked pretty at the party.

Porsha's bob is everything. She needs to rock that every day. She looked beautiful. She needs to let Oliver go though.

• Love 2

That there's a balance directly speaks to the fact that Phaedra hasn't paid all what she owes. So...

That's all I'm saying. All of these excuses for a woman who touts her business acumen...

And, what is Todd's excuse for NOT calling Phaedra himself and asking for the past due himself? 

• Love 7

Why may I ask?

I just don't see how it can go anywhere beyond skype/phone sex. Stranger things have happened but he just doesn't seem like "the one." Assuming she's still looking for that. She may be just looking to have fun, in which case he's as good a choice as any.

• Love 2

Hit dogs holler, IMO.

What Kandi said about mixing friends & business was not necessarily about Phaedra/Todd. Everybody knows Kandi had the situation with Kim Z, so if Phaedra was feeling that Kandi was taking a shot at her with her speech, maybe Phaedra should go ahead and pay that man the rest of his balance. She knows she owes it, whether it's 5 or 8 thousand, whether Todd is being silly about it or not.

I like to see when the wives are doing things, not just sitting around reading people or throwing shade,

• Love 6