Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

Updated impressions:

Vanessa and Tres: I think they have the most potential to make it work, but at the same time, they seem too good to be true.

Neil and Sam: I do find their personalities to be compatible, but I get a sense that she's going to drive him crazy.

David and Ashley: I'm glad she started to warm up to him a bit at the end of their ceremony. I felt a bit sorry for him. I'm calling it now though. They're not going to make it.

• Love 7

Based on what they listed as their "Ideal qualities in a spouse", seems to me that Sam should have been matched with David.  I don't have high hopes for any of the couples.  Ashley seems standoffish and cold; I don't believe Neil will be able to handle Sam; Tres and Vanessa seem too good to be true. 

• Love 8

Unless Tres is the putting on the biggest act of the century, he is very happy with Vanessa's appearance, so I don't know what the speculation was all about.  I hooted when she told him during the coming attractions that he seems like a player.  Well, he does, I even thought so last week.  I guess we'll find out if that's true.  I hope for her sake it's not.

I did not see it coming that I would feel sorry for David.  What's the matter with Ashley?  He's not a bad looking guy, but you'd think he was some kind of hideous troll the way she's acting.  I predicted that she would realize that marrying a stranger wasn't for her, but not to like his appearance on such a superficial basis I'm finding strange.  So far he hasn't acted like an asshole or anything either, so she can't blame that.  A woman who can only date guys with dark hair is unrealistic to marry a stranger.  That's a little rigid if you ask me.  Geesh, it's not like he's even a blonde or anything.  I never had such a rigid type I'd date or else be unhappy.  And she's still way too uptight.  Why did she sign up for this?  She obviously doesn't know herself all that well.  He seems much less rigid than she is.  I hate that the "experts" say garbage like "he can bring her out of her shell" or whatever.  What BS, it's only going to make her more uncomfortable.

I'm warming up to Neil.  He's not "my usual type" either but if he turns out to be a nice guy like we are hoping he does I wouldn't kick him out of bed at this point.  Sam was a little over the top with the quirkiness due to her nerves, plus now we have to worry that she's going to realize "she just made the biggest mistake of her life".  I found it interesting that someone as offbeat as she comes off as had an issue with his ex girlfriend being introduced to her.  35 years ago I had a former boyfriend at my wedding - My husband knew him and had no issue with it.  I am still semi-friendly with him online to this day.  I suppose Sam not knowing their situation made her fear the worst but I really don't think she has anything to worry about.  In fact, I think it says good things about him that he can remain friendly with exes.  That said perhaps he would have done best not to invite her if he didn't know how his bride would feel about it.  At least I knew my husband was OK with it before doing it or else I wouldn't have.  Samantha looks like a handful, I hope this season doesn't turn out to be a flip side of the last one in that it's the women who are the douches this time!

After a show that left us wishing for better things ahead the coming attractions certainly did their best to make it look like all of these couples are in for a rocky road ahead.  I wish they would have let us have our fantasy moment for another week.  Yikes, the weddings were hardly over and already they're showing them crying and looking as unhappy as last season's couples.  I sure hope not.  I want to like all these people, I really do.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 9

In Sam's profile she said she was looking for a man's man. I don't see Neil as that person. David comes across too needy and desperate, always rushing to commit before the girl gets cold feet. Like in this instance. He's just kind of grody.

• Love 5

Tres and Vanessa so far seem to be the best couple. They really like each other and are attracted to each other as well. Good start.

David and Ashley were painful to watch. She clearly was not into him. I felt bad for David. At the end she was impressed that he was treating how she liked so we'll see.

Neil and Sam were also painful to watch. Sam acted like an immature teenager who was nervous on her first date ever. Joking around and making faces. Girl settled the eff down. It was almost like she crashed at the end after meeting the ex girlfriend and then realizing maybe she made a mistake. We'll have to see with these two but right now I only see Tres and Vanessa possibly staying married.

One thing I noticed that Neil and Sam have in common is that when they are talking in their interviews they open their eyes REALLY BIG when making a point.

• Love 9

In Sam's profile she said she was looking for a man's man. I don't see Neil as that person. David comes across too needy and desperate, always rushing to commit before the girl gets cold feet. Like in this instance. He's just kind of grody.

Really?  Ugh, then why on earth would they match Sam with Neil?  They went on about how they were so similar and both wanted someone quirky so I just assumed they were fulfilling her wishes - I should know better than that!  Again with the experts not listening to what people ask for!  I can't take it with this show!

As for David, I think he is trying too hard because he feels uncomfortable knowing that Ashley is not into him.  It's mortifying to watch.  That said, on what's been presented so far I think I would have been happier matched with David than Sam.  He's really a software geek and I get that.  Of course he could still turn out to be an insufferable asshole so I'm basing that on the little I've seen so far.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

I did have a fear that Sam could be over-the-top silly and yeah, she was.  Embarrassing to watch.  I think as posted above, she will drive him crazy.  She seems a bit neurotic too, adding up to zero sex appeal.  Neil is a nice guy who could grow on me. I feel sorry for him.  

David must be a blind optimist,  or  we missed out on the "fun to talk to" conversations and  "laughs".  I felt like he was trying to paint a rosy picture to his friends to save face.  Ashley's attitude even managed to drain any joy or fun out of the people at the reception.  I know she started to warm up but I don't have patience for her self-centered, stingy, rude attitude.  There is another person there who is also nervous and vulnerable.  At least be kind.and gracious.

Tres and Vanessa was the most fun to watch but I have little hope for the long run.  He indicated that his father was a run-around and my experience is that children who have a run-around parent do the same.  Don't think it's going to last and coming attractions hint that infidelity is already a problem.

Ashley is the one that said she hoped she wasn't attracted to her groom at first.  She wanted to be friends first and grow to love him.  She got what she wished for and still complained.

I'm pretty sure that was Samantha.  Unless Ashley said that too, but I don't recall that.

Edited by seasick
  • Love 11

Geez, did Ashley make "must have dark hair and eyes" one of her dealbreakers? Because, if not, just STOP it!

The thing I found over-the-line about Neil's introduction of his ex-gf to his bride was how he emphasized "if you REALLY want to KNOW me (with his eyes opening wide), ask HER!" Creepy. The former gf looked uncomfortable.

BUT...

I give Neil a lot of credit for keeping his cool and sticking around after Sam's psycho routine. Calm.down! She never stopped. I couldn't stand her. I wanted to bash her with a shovel, or a tranquilizer dart. And her schizo-ness was especially jarring because of the way she was hyperventilating and doing the caged-animal melodrama just before the ceremony. One minute, gonna faint from anxiety; next minute, dancing down the aisle and muggin it like Lucille Ball at the altar.

Neil and Sam win grand prize for the googly-oogly-eye reactions. It's like they were separated at birth. Their babies will be exotically unique.

Experts' commentary is more and more inane and STUPID! Really? We need them to intone on the meaning of the first dance and the wedding photography? Tranquilizer dart making its re-entrance NOW in 5-4-3....

Previews are equal-opportunity ominous. Man.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 18

I just remembered that Sam is the person who owns sugar gliders -- flying squirrels she keeps in a cage. Lordy. When Pepper came to visit and saw those things, she should have immediately removed Sam from the pool. There's quirky and then there's QUIRKY. Poor Neil. He's off-beat and unique himself, but he's not insane. If I were in his shoes on the wedding day, I would have been genuinely alarmed over One Flew over the Sugar Gliders.

It's hard for me to believe that Sam is a 30-year-old branch manager (I assume that's for a bank? A traditional, conservative place to work) and that she owns her home. Something seems off about her to me.

You hoo, experts!!

• Love 8

Yes, and I can't be sure if it was creative editing, but production sure made it look like Ashley's mom and other family/friends were equally sourpuss during the ceremony and most of the reception.

For gods sake! So the guy didn't have dark hair and dark eyes. Seriously? Dave looked normal; he wasn't a gnome.

Ashley was trapped in her own head. Empathy, what empathy? And she's the one with an MSW, now a nursing student because (as she explained last week) her brother's cerebral palsy makes her want to help others. Nurse Ratched, ha!

How does a person agree to take part in a kookooluks-tv show that marries you to a stranger and not at least TRY to make the best of it on your wedding day? I thought the same way about Jamie in Season 1, too.

• Love 9

If I was Sam's mother/father/sib/guest at the wedding I would tell her to knock it the hell off and stop acting like a lunatic.

Making faces, food jokes, stupid comments to try to diffuse the seriousness of the marriage vows with over the top antics is something Sam will not be proud of when she looks back.

Neil is a good sport but her behavior should raise red flags that are waving frantically in his brain.

The experts should not have vetted her as a bride.

Vanessa reminds me of Cameron Diaz, anybody else see it?

Tres is well pleased.

Ashley is reserved so her closed in behavior as a response to stress is to be expected, more preferable than Sam's acting out.

David needs to tone down the bro behaviors, Ashley wants a adult man who acts deliberately, not a chest bumping, frat boy.

• Love 5

Tres is well pleased.

Yes! She has that same bright-eyed, beaming effervescence that Cameron Diaz had in “My Best Friend's Wedding/There's Something About Mary” et al. ; I see real chemistry between them, especially in the previews. I hope it's real, and I hope her tears are over something not involving heartbreak.
  • Love 2

I'm also going to agree that Sam was so grating with all the face-pulling and hamming-it- up. I get that she was nervous, but my goodness. CALM down. She's going to be a handful, and I saw coming a mile away... BEFORE the wedding kookery. Crazy-eyes (and sugar gliders ffs), indeed.

• Love 5
For me, David and Ashley were the most painful wedding/first moments together of the 9 so far.

And it was totally Ashley's fault! What a cold fish. I have no doubt that, had Ashley been matched with dark-haired Neil, she wouldn't have liked him, either. David is a nice looking guy who so far seems to be doing his best to be a genuine, open person.

Again, what do these people think they've signed up for? Ashley apparently thinks she's playing Heartthrob.

• Love 10

Vanessa and Tres have potential. As I said before, they both have baggage. Her parents didn't divorce until she was starting university, so I'm curious as to why he couldn't bother to show up on her day. She might have been okay with it the day of, but it could be the reason she's in tears later on this season. I have high hopes for them. I think as long as they don't jump into sex too soon and are willing to be vulnerable and honest, it could work. Even players can be reformed. Sometimes it takes the right woman to make them want to settle down and have a family. She could be that for him.

Sam seems batshit crazy. The whole ceremony was a joke to her, and it's like she downplayed that it's a legally binding marriage. I see why she was single. What grown arse woman makes faces, plays with food, and yells across the room? Have some damn tact and decorum about yourself. I feel for Neil--who took her cuckoo for cocoa pops act in stride. I can see him growing weary of her and her over the top antics. And no offence buy I'm already tired of her saying "grandmother." I love my grandmother with my whole heart especially since she's my last surviving grandparent, but I don't talk about her constantly. Just before she walked down the aisle, there was a scene where she said grandmother a bunch of times. Even my husband wanted her to stop.

Ashley was rude as hell. You signed up for this because obviously your choice in men has sucked. You are entitled to have a type, but you were a cold fish and sour puss. The same goes for your friends and family. This was your wedding day, and even if the marriage ends, you'll always remember the day. Instead of happy memories, you'll remember holing up in the bathroom and bitching about how unattractive he is. She acts like he weighed 800 pounds and smelled like bacon grease. There's always a "Jamie" of the season.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 11

This has potential to be even more of a train wreck than season 2 :

Tres and Vanessa :  I had a smile on my face while watching them the whole time. I still don’t trust Tres, he could be a player or a really great guy that has faced so many hardships and is finally getting the girl that he deserves. We will see. I hope they do not sleep together on the first night.

David and Ashley : This girl has a stick up her ass. Princess. The type of wife that makes her husband buy her a Tiffany &Co. Bracelet before having sex. She has not neck but I bet she thinks she’s hot. Whatever bitch.  David might be a goofy frat boy but he is way too good for her.

Neil & Sam : Sam obviously forgot to take her meds that day. I think it’s irresponsible to match her with anyone. She is not right in the head. However Neil was an asshole for presenting his ex to his wife on his wedding day. I also strongly suspect that he might be a virgin.

Kind of off topic: one of Neil & Sam's guess was wearing flip flops at the wedding. Really?

• Love 5

Neil seems like an awesome guy! So disappointed Sam's turning out to be a total nutjob. I'm hoping it was just nerves and she'll rein in the crazy once they know each other better, but I'm not feeling very optimistic at the moment. I can't believe she thought Neil was weird for introducing her to his ex, while she was acting like a 5-year-old throughout the wedding. She's lucky he didn't run away in the middle of the ceremony! I love how her family and friends treated Neil though. Wish he'd been married to one of them instead.

Ashley was just rude. It baffles me why someone so reserved and rigid and picky about looks would sign up for a show like this. I'm super reserved too around strangers, yet I'm sure I'd have more to say to my new husband than nothing. There are like a million questions to be asked in a situation like that, so "I couldn't think of anything to say" is not an excuse. There's no easier way to bond quickly than having such a crazy experience together.

Tres and Vanessa do seem too good to be true. Hopefully he falls madly in love with her and won't even want to look at another woman again, but we'll see. She reminds me of Cameron Diaz too!

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 8
Ashley was rude as hell. You signed up for this because obviously your choice in men has sucked. You are entitled to have a type, but you were a cold fish and sour puss. The same goes for your friends and family. This was your wedding day, and even if the marriage ends, you'll always remember the day. Instead of happy memories, you'll remember holing up in the bathroom and bitching about how unattractive he is. She acts like he weighed 800 pounds and smelled like bacon grease. There's always a "Jamie" of the season.

Every season there is one bride that is not attracted to her groom and the audience is left feeling puzzled.  However, last year the bride not attracted to her groom ending up falling for him only to find out he was not into her and might have had a girlfriend on the side.

In the first season, a bride actually fell down crying upon seeing her supposedly "hideous" groom.  They are still married, but some people do not feel the bride is sincere.

However, your love for a man should not be predicated on whether or not he chooses to invest in a box of Just for Men shoe polish black hair dye.

• Love 4

I was very disappointed in Ashley's attitude. She seems way to superficial to ever have been chosen for this show!

...Besides, David isn't exactly what I could call ugly. Cute, and maybe a little insecure, a little geeky... but definitely not ugly.

As for Neil's ex -- I get why Sam was upset that he invited her to the wedding, but I also get that they are still great friends. I think my hubby would have invited one of his exes to our wedding if she'd been living in-state at that point... We went to her wedding, and have visited several times with our/their kids.

• Love 4

My initial reaction to Ashley was dead wrong from last week. Last week she appeared sweet and nice. My son is also medically fragile, so I assumed anyone looking to go in to the health care field after caring for a sick brother - had to be nice. She was an entitled little bitch. I can't believe the coldness and utter disdain she had on her face the entire wedding. Listen, I don't think David is good looking either, but I'd at Least engage in conversation with him and try to figure out why we have been matched. I don't see this couple working out at all.

Tres and Vanessa - it feels like Monet and Vaughn and Jessica and Ryan part 3. They are all over each other at the wedding and I am sure probably got lucky on wedding night (I don't judge that) and it seems fake and forced. I looked at my husband and we both said - it won't last. It never does! Are these people being type cast? I swear I feel like I'm watching the same formula play out from last year.  I think that Vanessa is delightful. She seems so sweet. But Tres seriously seems like a slime ball. 

Neil and Sam - Poor Neil. I know how this one is going to go. Wow, Sam is certifiably insane. She is literally a 10 year old. The faces, dramatics and joking around was so inappropriate. I can't believe at the end of the day Neil thought she was even remotely attractive. Which by the way - I find her horribly frumpy. Neil for his part grew on me this week. He of all the guys feels the MOST sincere about what he wants, and I don't get the sense he did this with anything but the best intentions. I liked his sense of humor and his attempts to comfort her. He's probably way too good for her.

Overall - I'm still not in to this season. I don't know why I'm still here other than to bitch about it with all of you. But I will keep on watching!

• Love 8

I can see having a drink or two before the wedding, but what the heck did Sam have?

Who on earth acts like she did walking down the isle? Either she is a big plant by the producers for drama or she is out to get more than 15 min of fame!

The "coming attractions" really make me think  this season is going to be "The Bachelor".  With all the crying and drama, I'm expecting Chris Harrison to show up next.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 3

Neil & Sam : ....However Neil was an asshole for presenting his ex to his wife on his wedding day.

At least he was up front about it. I think it might be important to note that maybe his ex is a core part of his close social circle of friends. If it's not weird and it's a purely platonic relationship now, why not?

• Love 8

Wondering if Neil's introducing his ex to Sam wasn't producer driven to "create" a reason for Sam's continued erratic behavior.

Poor Neil, if Sam was just half as sane it would be acceptable for him to continue to give her the benefit of the doubt.

At this point of the show and the editing, he should be like Davina and keeping it tucked away and nowhere near Sam.

David is flummoxed to why his bride is not all over him.

He is presentable, employed, and looks like all the brahs at TGIFs.

Her rejecting him because he doesn't have dark features is superficial but it is her second thoughts about the whole ball of wax that is driving her stand offish behavior.

Why did they show scenes of the divorce decision show already?

There goes any suspense.

Did anyone else think that Neil dropped weight and looked waned and shrunken in the divorce show preview?

• Love 5

I just remembered that Sam is the person who owns sugar gliders -- flying squirrels she keeps in a cage. Lordy. When Pepper came to visit and saw those things, she should have immediately removed Sam from the pool. There's quirky and then there's QUIRKY. Poor Neil. He's off-beat and unique himself, but he's not insane. If I were in his shoes on the wedding day, I would have been genuinely alarmed over One Flew over the Sugar Gliders.

Ha! And he doesn't know about the Sugar Gliders yet. Those things are like bats and are up all night.

Going to be a long six weeks!

• Love 1

Not a fan of Sam, and I do like her match, Neil.  Hope she calms down at some point.  What a complete goof she was during the wedding and reception.  Poor Neil.  At least Sam's brother likes you.  

At least when they crash and burn, Neil will not lack for female companionship! All her girlfriends were twittering like birds after meeting him, and her mother thinks he's the bees knees! I think he'll be very popular with the viewers as well, he's funny and kind.

I could not understand Ashley at all. There's shy, and there's Ashley. She wasn't shy, she was rude. I was cringing when David was trying to talk to her after the ceremony, and she kept answering in monosyllables. Like she was on an elevator with someone who was trying to make small talk.

Vanessa looked so pretty-I loved her blush dress, I loved them jumping the broom, and I loved Tres' proposal, very nice. I have little hope that they'll last, but at least they acted like grown ups and will have some good stories to tell.

• Love 10

Thank you!!  I kept thinking she looked like someone I must know but it was totally Cameron Diaz!

I did have a fear that Sam could be over-the-top silly and yeah, she was.  Embarrassing to watch.  I think as posted above, she will drive him crazy.  She seems a bit neurotic too, adding up to zero sex appeal.  Neil is a nice guy who could grow on me. I feel sorry for him.

She needed to calm the heck down.  I too was embarrassed just watching her.  I'm glad you touched on the sex appeal......I just cannot see these two gettin' it on at any point.  We shall see.  

When Neil first came on the screen, I'll admit, I judged him by his looks.  Then it was revealed that he seems to be funny and thoughtful.  I hope he continues to be!  I do have to wonder though, would this show ever give even a partially unattractive woman with a great personality the same opportunity?  Sam's not off the charts good looking but she's benignly attractive and unoffensive.  Neil isn't what I imagine a majority of people would consider good looking, and last season there was the dude who lived in his Mom's basement with the God awful fake teeth.  Where is the homely (or heaven forbid, overweight!!!) chick to match?  Not gonna happen!

I liked David and shudder to think how Ashley will treat him.  I can envision him out with his friends, playing pool or watching a game, and her nagging him to get home NOW.  Because Princess will never be caught hanging out at a bar....where there's beer!  Ugh!  What a wet blanket for a fun-loving guy.  

• Love 8

What a disaster! I couldn't even watch some if it, I had to fast forward. Ashley, do you remember that you actually signed up for this?? She looked like she had been pulled off the street to marry some guy, she seemed soooo unhappy. I bet the producers told her, "say something nice" and she had to come up with that hand kissing thing.

Sam and Neil, it also seems to me that they should have been switched with David and Ashley. Sam seems kind of nuts now. I feel sorry for Neil because she cray cray.

Seeing all the tears in the preview for the final episode, it seems no one will make it!

• Love 1

...I can't be sure if it was creative editing, but production sure made it look like Ashley's mom and other family/friends were equally sourpuss during the ceremony and most of the reception.

For gods sake! So the guy didn't have dark hair and dark eyes. Seriously? Dave looked normal; he wasn't a gnome.

Ashley was trapped in her own head. Empathy, what empathy? And she's the one with an MSW, now a nursing student because ...her brother's cerebral palsy makes her want to help others.

How does a person ...not at least TRY to make the best of it on your wedding day?

Clearly, Ashley is a 'reserved' person who comes from a 'reserved' family that isn't extroverted or touchy-feely.

Actually, the reserved attitude displayed by Ashley's family is one thing that still gives me a little bit of hope there could be a chance for that relationship. That, combined with the fact that Ashley refused to hang out with male strippers during her bachelor party. When she avoided the strippers I thought, wow, this girl is really taking this marriage thing seriously - even to the point of looking like a prude while surrounded by her best friends!!

But, Ashley's rude and extremely superficial attitude toward her new husband (eeeww, he doesn't have dark hair, yuck, I can't stand for him to touch me!) does not come from being introverted or from being part of a 'reserved' family. It comes from believing she is better than him because she thinks she's more attractive than he is -- and she thinks she 'deserves' a super-handsome husband.

I don't think David is good looking either, but I'd at Least engage in conversation with him and try to figure out why we have been matched.

Tres and Vanessa - it feels like Monet and Vaughn and Jessica and Ryan part 3. They are all over each other at the wedding and I am sure probably got lucky on wedding night... - it won't last. It never does! I feel like I'm watching the same formula play out from last year. 

Neil and Sam - Poor Neil. ...The faces, dramatics and joking around was so inappropriate. ...Neil for his part grew on me this week. He of all the guys feels the MOST sincere about what he wants, and I don't get the sense he did this with anything but the best intentions. I liked his sense of humor and his attempts to comfort her. He's probably way too good for her.

I think David is good-looking, but he's not super-model material. (News flash, Ashley: neither are you!

You nailed it on Tres and Vanessa. Obviously, the physical attraction is there. But other couples who felt strong, immediate physical attraction (and had sex the first night) haven't worked out. In an arranged marriage situation, I think it might be better in the long run to gives themselves some time to get to know each other a little bit, before hopping into bed.

Neil and Sam: obviously, she makes jokes when she's really nervous. It was really cool that Neil played along with it; he made a very good impression on me for that.

Yes, Sam's behavior was over-the-top inappropriate and immature! But their situation was extremely stressful, and I don't necessarily think it means they are doomed to failure as a couple.

Inviting the (recent) ex-girlfriend to his wedding was a bad choice. Yes, I get it that they are very good friends, and that the ex- will continue to be part of his life. But throwing that in Sam's face on their wedding day was a bit much. I'm not saying Neil should have kept it from her, just that he should have told her about being good friends with his ex- as they got to know each other instead of throwing it at her during the wedding.

• Love 4

Ashley is the new Davina.

David is the new Ryan.

But David will be sneaking around to see his frat buddies behind Ashley's back not some old gf.

Neil is NOT the new Sean.

Sean still thinks he is Christian Grey.

Sam is the new Jamie, totally over reacting/acting for the cameras.

• Love 3

ITA that Sam is a nutjob. Her family's warnings are key. It's too bad Neil couldn't hear their thoughts about Sam before the wedding. Sam's antics at the wedding were certifiable. Her parents and brother seem level-headed so I'm wondering if Sam has mental/anxiety issues that require medication.

I don't get why Ashley signed up for this. She's clearly not a risk taker. I'm sure the ep was edited to show her as saying very little to David, but is she playing up an uptight persona for the cameras?

Tres and Vanessa def. remind me of Jason and Cortney. Both couples are young, instantly smitten and attracted to each other, and the husbands are dealing with emotional scars caused by their mothers (albeit Jason's loss/grief was very fresh).

Tres and Vanessa was the most fun to watch but I have little hope for the long run.  He indicated that his father was a run-around and my experience is that children who have a run-around parent do the same.  Don't think it's going to last and coming attractions hint that infidelity is already a problem.

Having a parent who "runs around" won't guarantee that the children will do the same. The kids can grow up to date and marry "run-arounds" or they can be very faithful and make a concerted effort to avoid unfaithful partners because they know the emotional damage a lack of commitment can cause. If Tres is a player, his fidelity issues can come from a variety of factors, such as a fear of intimacy caused by his mother's abandonment or a general mistrust of women after hearing constant put-downs about his mother for his entire life. I don't defend what Tres' mother did but it doesn't help Tres if she's vilified.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 3

At least when they crash and burn, Neil will not lack for female companionship! All her girlfriends were twittering like birds after meeting him, and her mother thinks he's the bees knees! I think he'll be very popular with the viewers as well, he's funny and kind.

Sam even commented on twitter about how her Mom loves her some Neil and needs to back off.  I thought that was kinda amusing.

I think Neil has the possibility of being the best guy ever cast on this show so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with them.  

• Love 5

Hi everybody! Nice to see you all again. :D

I didn't know the show had already started to air until I caught part of the second one by accident (I think it was the second one), so I haven't seen everything, but I watched the weddings, and I agree with everybody about everything.

I dislike Ashley the most. She's rude and self-righteous, with a big stick up her ass. David is not unattractive, and like others have said, if looks are so important to her, then she shouldn't have let 4 strangers pair her up with someone she's never met. Why did she choose to do this show anyway if she can't have an open mind?

I'm undecided about David because of a spoiler that was posted here in the spoiler thread. Regardless, I was sorry for him for how Ashley treated him.

Neil is not attractive as a man, and so far he doesn't seem to be the strong manly man that, apparently, Sam wants, but he seems kind and funny, which is definitely a plus. (When I first saw him in that partial episode I happened to catch, which was before they were paired up, I actually got some gay vibes from him and I wondered why he's on this show - but maybe it's just his quirkiness.) I was sorry for him during the wedding because Sam made something that should have been special into such a freak show.

I liked Tres and Vanessa, and they were the most attractive and most naturally behaving people of all, but I'm concerned that they might have had sex on the first night (not that there's anything wrong with that, but so far that has been the kiss of death for the couples on this show), and I don't know yet if Tres is really a player or not.

I found it ominous that they showed so many problems and tears in the preview for the next episodes, when they haven't even shown them on their honeymoons yet! I hope it's just to stir up interest, but I don't have much hope for any of these couples right now. Maybe Tres and Vanessa, but definitely not Ashley and David. I don't know yet about Neil and Sam. If she calms the heck down, maybe. There was definitely one couple in the preview of decision time who held hands, and the man in that shot might have been Neil.

I do find it interesting that all the men found their brides to be gorgeous, while only one of the three women found her new husband attractive.

And why do they make the groom and the wedding party wait so long for the bride to finally walk in? It's annoying.

Speaking of that long waiting time, I thought Sam's family and friends were great.

• Love 2

Ashley & David - I recall Jamie was pretty well horrified with Doug during their wedding day...so perhaps it's just a question of Ashley having too high expectations compounded exponentially with normal wedding jitters (subsequently also compounded because they are marrying freaking strangers!  lol)

One thing I did end up strangely enjoying was Sam and Neil's 'High Five - Let's Do this' at the alter.'  I just found that endearing and comical.  The rest of her Schtick...yeah....she got old, and I wonder if we should start a 'Save Neil' Go Fund Me so he can start anew when it's all over.

Vanessa - good lord, that woman is stunning!  I, too, worry about early burnout ala Vaughn and Monet.  But Vanessa - Yowsa, she looked breathtaking.

• Love 8

Ashley is the new Davina.

David is the new Ryan.

But David will be sneaking around to see his frat buddies behind Ashley's back not some old gf.

Neil is NOT the new Sean.

Sean still thinks he is Christian Grey.

Sam is the new Jamie, totally over reacting/acting for the cameras.

Good summary. But in my opinion, David shouldn't have to 'sneak around' to see his buddies 'behind Ashley's back'. Part of being married is respecting your partner's friendships.

Tres is most likely to be the guy who can't even wait 6 weeks before going back to being a 'player'. Apparently, he does have that reputation -- and as a tall, good-looking, charismatic man who is probably accustomed to picking up women and sleeping with them right away, the sexual compatibility he has with Vanessa will probably be taken for granted.

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 1

Cameron Diaz Yes!! I couldn't put my finger on it.  Thanks.

I have no problem with Neil bringing his ex girlfriend to the wedding.  She is now one of his best friends and it would seem underhanded to present her after the wedding or avoid the topic that they were together before..  She is in his circle of good friends, she is going to be in his life, so best to be upfront right from the start.  To me it speaks volumes in a positive way when 'formers' stay friends.    But, agree he could have toned down the "she knows the most about me" stuff tho.  (wait!! Sam actually had the nerve to say that maybe Neil's problem is that he does awkward things like bringing his ex !!  Girl no one does awkward and embarrassing like you!)

As far as Tres background,  I agree with a poster in the 'preparations' thread that indicated that it is easy to vilify Tres white mom for her actions (taking the 'white' daughter, abandoning Tres, etc)  The fact that the Dad abandoned him as well has been minimized.and excused.  He sounds like a real shit and I believe his father's actions were overall far more confusing and damaging.  She did in fact bear two children with a black man so I don't buy that she was racially prejudiced and racially motivated in her actions.  I wonder how much child support Dad has paid to Anyone over the years.

I think anyone could get Ashley's cold cerebral closed-off  manner from a mile away.  If they had to match her (and they didn't) it should have been with someone equally as cerebral. Neil actually would have been a closer match, but she's such a looks snob that she probably would have walked off.  It is so immature to "not like someone"  and be icy cold to them because you don't find them attractive.  

I don't think the experts could have anticipated--no--Imagined--how clownish Sam could become, but they could have anticipated that quirky can be childish and a huge defense mechanism and pushed a bit more to see.    She actually works harder than Ashley at being off-putting and was in her own way more rude..  He may be quirky, but he has dignity.  They have chosen two of the most socially strange women in the entire state.    I had the most hope for them but it sounds like she finds out too late that he's a quality guy after she has treated him like crap and he decides on divorce.  .   

• Love 6

Ok Fake Jamie is all over twitter about these couples.  I wonder how much they pay this girl to continue to make this show the number one focus of her life.  Can't wait for her book to come out in February. 

To add about the show.  I am convinced many of these matches were made for drama only.

Ashley is attracted to guys with dark features.  It was asked on the questionnaire so why did they match her with someone with brown/reddish hair?  Looks are not everything but it should have been a factor when the experts were looking for someone.  Personally, I don't think Ashley would be happy with anyone.

Sam (who I agree is crazy over the top) wanted a manly man who hunts and fishes.  Why did they match her with a bookish nerd who is similar to her on a much lower quirky scale?

Tres and Vanessa were probably matched because they look beautiful together.  No other reason.

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 8

At least he was up front about it. I think it might be important to note that maybe his ex is a core part of his close social circle of friends. If it's not weird and it's a purely platonic relationship now, why not?

I don't mind the ex being at the ceremony or being part of Neil's life. But the fact that he decided to introduce her the day of his wedding to a his wife/stranger is gauche. It clearly means that she is very important to him and IMO is a big red flag. 

• Love 1

I don't mind the ex being at the ceremony or being part of Neil's life. But the fact that he decided to introduce her the day of his wedding to a his wife/stranger is gauche. It clearly means that she is very important to him and IMO is a big red flag. 

It seemed to me like he was introducing all of his guests to Sam. He was probably telling her a few things about each of them, since they're total strangers to her. It would be more weird to me if he just introduced her as a friend and then it came up weeks later that they used to date not long ago. It would seem like there was something to hide there.

• Love 7

I'm with you all on Ashley. I don't get what she was doing on this show. Sorry but going off his hair color and eye color is stupid. I know we all have our own types we are attracted to but most of us don't close off those that aren't the typical type either. I feel bad for David at this point with having her as his match. I noticed how her family and friends were all same face as her. Just no emotion really. So many blank faces it looked like with some having a little snobbish look as well. She totally comes off very "princess" like and yet she isn't all that IMO. Hopefully she opens up and gives the poor guy a chance but she is coming off in bad light at this point.

Sam totally needed to chill on how she was acting. I think its one thing to be goofy but she was beyond over the top. Then the whole ex thing....why not talk to him about it before getting nuts over it. See what happened and how long they have been friends. Maybe they were friends long before dating as well and decided dating wasn't meant for them and to remain friends. Changing an attitude because of that would be stupid instead of discussing it and seeing what was going on there. He was honest at least. He could have said nothing and she found out later. She seems a bit on the immature side of things.

Tres and Vanessa....as was said it does seem like couples from the past shows. All over each other then in bed right away. He was totally ready to pounce if he can on that too. There is something off to me on both of them. More so him then her at this point.

The previews for what is to come. Will be interesting to see what is coming out from some of the drama they were showing.

As for the so called experts, I don't pay much attention to what they ever say at this point during things. They are such a joke with it all and have no clue obviously. I think a bunch of us strangers getting together could put matches together without all the "methods" they use and do way better.

• Love 2

I have watched so many wedding shows (possibly to my own detriment) so I have come to the conclusion that if you are a princess, please do not get married. Marriage is not for princesses. Just get a boyfriend who is willing to lavish you with gifts and affection and what not like you enjoy, then move on to another and then another. Marriage is for the long run, it's about so much more than a spark and if he is your "type."

• Love 7
Yes! She has that same bright-eyed, beaming effervescence that Cameron Diaz had in “My Best Friend's Wedding/There's Something About Mary” et al. ; I see real chemistry between them, especially in the previews. I hope it's real, and I hope her tears are over something not involving heartbreak

Agreed! She totally looks like a young Cameron Diaz!

Prediction: Vanessa will be pregnant before the end of the 6 weeks. There was a scene in the preview where she asks Tres if he's mad and he turns to her and says no and then they start making out. I don't know why, but that just instantly made me think "surprise baby!"

Oooh boy, Sam needs to calm the F down! She definitely seems like that kind of person who think she's so cute and zany but in reality is just annoying as F! Regardless of the realness of these weddings, please for a second act like a grown up! 

• Love 1

It seemed to me like he was introducing all of his guests to Sam. He was probably telling her a few things about each of them, since they're total strangers to her. It would be more weird to me if he just introduced her as a friend and then it came up weeks later that they used to date not long ago. It would seem like there was something to hide there.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. The "she knows be better than anyone" statement shouldn't have been communicated to his new wife. Sam is crazy but IMO she was very perceptive about this matter. 

Edited by moonxyz
  • Love 4