Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E01: There Will Be Blood

• Start Topic

The Season 27 premiere finds the cast arriving in Turkey and learning the format for the season, which features them competing alongside family members. The first night includes a scandalous hookup; and a physical confrontation between siblings.

Quick heads-up: MTV is running the episode for 94 minutes. Why? Because it's bad enough where I have to set up the DVR for Arrow while I watch Survivor, and now I have to figure out when to watch South Park, The Daily Show and The Nightly Show.

Wasn't really watching at the beginning because I was trying to post about two other episodes. Just the usual hoopla about a new edition and a villa none of the kids deserves. Then Tony almost killed his brother. What a schmuck. Aside from Nicole, was there anything decent to be taken from Skeletons?

I wasn't invested in the Pit. Nice that Jenna got to stay in the game, but whatever. Not sure how to feel about the Pit format with two people competing instead of four. I know I don't like how whomever goes in the Pit determines the format, because I wanted to see Johnny sweat early. He and his cousin Vince can exit the game as soon as possible.

• Love 3

I'm definitely too old for this show, but I have a weird compulsion to watch it.  I think the only way I will ever stop is if all the older alumni that I'm familiar with, good or bad, finally get replaced by kids from shows I don't watch, and have not even heard of.  I've got no clue what "Are You the One?" is, and was surprised to see there must have been multiple seasons.

The first time I said, "I don't know if I can do this" was when people started losing their minds over whether or not some guy called a girl "short".  The girl in question is, in fact, very short.  He claims not to have said it, I don't know if he did or not, but I mean...she's very short, so this is an insult that cuts her deep to the bone how?  I remind myself they are all drinking, and sleep deprived, but that was some seriously stupid shit.

I wonder what's going to happen when Nany's cousin has to get her face wet, and her makeup comes off.  Will she come out of the water looking like a completely different person?  Despite Nany's delusional insistence that "everyone" is "dying" to know the status of her relationship with Cohutta since they "made it official" after the last Challenge, I was mildly surprised to hear that Cohutta actually broke up with her this time.  Refreshing.  Of course, they didn't say why he broke up with her, leaving us to believe he "made" her love him only to leave her brokenhearted and betrayed, but there is always the chance he dumped her because she cheated on him.  She is, after all, Nany.  But then later her cousin cried and freaked at the club because people act like Nany has a reputation for hooking up with lots of different people, and therefore when a rumor starts that she has already slept with someone on this Challenge, they accept it as being possible and don't immediately stand up and demand proof.  But her cousin knows Nany's not like that! Which is fine, except for all the seasons where Nany has hooked up with lots of people, and it was caught on camera, and aired on television, year after year, and she admitted to all of them, and it's just part of Nany's personality.  She enjoys being sexual with a variety of people, sometimes those people overlap a little, it's just a thing that is known, so I'm not sure why her cousin is so upset about Nany's reputation.  Nany isn't.

I had to laugh when one personal trainer insulted another personal trainer by sneering and calling him a personal trainer.  It was like watching a snake try to eat its own tail.

I definitely felt too old to be watching this when the pit challenge, which consisted solely of having to move a rope around, was described as "confusing" by Jenna.  But then I reminded myself that this is the same girl who thought every state had its own president, and decided that it's not really the age difference between me and these new players that feels so uncomfortable, it's the intelligence gap. 

Leroys' cousin didn't come across as being particularly athletic, especially compared to most of the other competitors, so I'm not sure why he was surprised when during the challenge, she turned out to be very unathletic.  I have to admire a girl with enough confidence to say yes, she got kind of vomity drunk at the club, but she still looked cute.  With a vomit bag plastered to her face.  Well, okay, if that's you looking cute, who am I to argue? 

I do hope the other teams work together to get Bananas and his obnoxious cousin into the pit.  I would love to see them get on out of here early.  Never did understand Bananas' so-called appeal, and I'm always disappointed to see him on every new challenge.  The only time I ever enjoyed him was when he was Johnny Backpack, flailing around behind CT like a ragdoll.

I will stick out the whole season, though, because I always do.  The challenges are so difficult that I become enthralled, and I enjoy watching other people do them knowing I'll never have to.  Plus, CT is going to show up at some point, and I'm pretty okay with that.

• Love 19

This is the epitome of mindless TV. It's just what I need after a long, draining work day. Tony is just as idiotic as ever. Not one ounce of self-control. I see a lot of ER visits and jail in his future. I feel bad for Shane (who looks like a baby McConaughey btw). Nany's cousin's eyebrows. Wow. She must spend a fortune on eyebrow pencil alone. Her getting in Tony's face was pretty funny. Also, love the unscripted moment when Tony expected to get female attention by sitting between Nany and her cousin and they completely ignored him. As usual, I'll root for level heads and a modicum of intelligence. Love Jill. Hope she kills it. Cohutta and Cara Maria too.

• Love 5

Then Tony almost killed his brother. What a schmuck. 

I don't know who this guy is, but he is an asshole.  I was hoping they'd kick him off and let his brother stay.  Shane had all my love and devotion when he was proving how not drunk he was to his brother by walking in a straight line, and then turning around and snapping, "bitch I can Vogue right now in straight line".  What a dickhead Tony was to throw his brother against the wall for simply trying to tell him to not be disrespectful to women.  Ugh.

I had to laugh when one personal trainer insulted another personal trainer by sneering and calling him a personal trainer.  It was like watching a snake try to eat its own tail. 

I do hope the other teams work together to get Bananas and his obnoxious cousin into the pit.  I would love to see them get on out of here early.  Never did understand Bananas' so-called appeal, and I'm always disappointed to see him on every new challenge.  The only time I ever enjoyed him was when he was Johnny Backpack, flailing around behind CT like a ragdoll.

That was the dumbest fight ever.  Although that Cory is certainly very pretty to watch.....

Nice to know that douchiness runs in Banana's family.  His fucking cousin is the definition of a meathead.

• Love 4

Cohutta and his cousin.....so fucking country! And cute! "My pappaw and his pappaw are brothers and that's how we're cousins."  Yup, that's how it usually works.

Despite Nany's delusional insistence that "everyone" is "dying" to know the status of her relationship with Cohutta since they "made it official" after the last Challenge, I was mildly surprised to hear that Cohutta actually broke up with her this time.  Refreshing.  Of course, they didn't say why he broke up with her, leaving us to believe he "made" her love him only to leave her brokenhearted and betrayed, but there is always the chance he dumped her because she cheated on him.  She is, after all, Nany.  

I found it rich, that Nany was trying to make herself the victim in this.  Of course, Cohutta, of all people, tricked her into falling in love with him just so he could break her heart.  Riiiiiiiight.  I'm sure the reason her broke with her had nothing to do with anything she could have done.  But of course, Cohutta is too nice of a guy to say anything.

• Love 4
Cohutta and his cousin.....so fucking country! And cute! "My pappaw and his pappaw are brothers and that's how we're cousins."  Yup, that's how it usually works.

I assumed they meant their grandfathers, and not their fathers, were brothers, due to the way they pronounced pappaw...meaning they are second cousins...in case someone said "hey, you aren't really [first] cousins."  I mean yeah, in one sense it was a duh, of course, but I think that's what they were trying to convey.

Definitely too old for this.  And I try not to be one of those people who threatens to quit watching all the time, but I don't know how much longer I can stand Bananas, both as general narrator and as "Boys rule girls drool" narrator, and as self-appointed king of the Challenge forever, and just as dumb ol' Bananas.  He's worse than the drunken rants and hookups to me, and that's saying a lot, especially since I also hate it when they destroy property that isn't theirs (see:  Tony knocking Shane into the wall and breaking the plates that were on there).

I also worry every time I see wine glasses in the pool.  Dare I hope they're plastic?

I thought there'd be a lot more people pushing others out of the way to get to the water source.  Guess the ones they would have pushed were just so bad at it that they didn't need to bother!

• Love 3
The only time I ever enjoyed him was when he was Johnny Backpack, flailing around behind CT like a ragdoll.

This! When the episode was over and I saw CT on the "this season on the Challenge" footage I had to watch it again. I started to google Johnny Bananas backp... and up popped the youtube viedo. It always makes me laugh.

I didn't watch last season of the Challenge. Too much stuff going on in my life to keep up but I'm going to tune in to this one when I can. I'm definitely too old for this but it's my guilty pleasure. It's a bummer that so many of the vets aren't on anymore. For me, not for them, lol. Soon it will be all people I don't know and I'll stop watching. I miss Paula.

• Love 6

Cohutta and his cousin.....so fucking country! And cute! "My pappaw and his pappaw are brothers and that's how we're cousins."  Yup, that's how it usually works.

I got the feeling Pappaw = grandfather and they are super vaguely cousins.

Thanks for the clarification, y'all.  I'm not quite so up to date on the meanings and differences between all the pappaws/pappys and meemaws/mammys!

This! When the episode was over and I saw CT on the "this season on the Challenge" footage I had to watch it again. I started to google Johnny Bananas backp... and up popped the youtube viedo. It always makes me laugh.

That will forever be the greatest two-minutes of TV!!!

• Love 4

I assumed they meant their grandfathers, and not their fathers, were brothers, due to the way they pronounced pappaw...meaning they are second cousins...in case someone said "hey, you aren't really [first] cousins."  I mean yeah, in one sense it was a duh, of course, but I think that's what they were trying to convey.

Definitely too old for this.  And I try not to be one of those people who threatens to quit watching all the time, but I don't know how much longer I can stand Bananas, both as general narrator and as "Boys rule girls drool" narrator, and as self-appointed king of the Challenge forever, and just as dumb ol' Bananas.  He's worse than the drunken rants and hookups to me, and that's saying a lot, especially since I also hate it when they destroy property that isn't theirs (see:  Tony knocking Shane into the wall and breaking the plates that were on there).

I also worry every time I see wine glasses in the pool.  Dare I hope they're plastic?

I thought there'd be a lot more people pushing others out of the way to get to the water source.  Guess the ones they would have pushed were just so bad at it that they didn't need to bother!

I HATE that after all these years and countless thousands of dollars of furniture, glassware, and decorative pieces destroyed on these shows (and just what we're seeing on camera; imagine the unseen damage to each house after the seasons wrap) they don't shame the cast members for this deplorable behavior. Sure, I doubt the plates we saw Shane and Tony break are priceless heirlooms--I'm sure the houses aren't furnished in anything much above IKEA/Target grade decor--but I wonder if each cast member has to pay some sort of refundable deposit before coming on the show that some won't get back if production has footage of these sorts of shenanigans. Probably wishful thinking, as I'm sure MTV would gladly foot those costs themselves since fighting and destruction equals RATINGS! But I hate them breaking shit way more than I hate them wailing on each other. Take your drunk rage outside, AWAY from your living quarters, like the barnyard animals you're imitating. 

• Love 3

And I'm also only hanging in there this season for Banana's reaction when CT shows up. To a lesser extent, the Abe and Cara Maria stuff--I will be so upset if they part ways!--but I pray for a Bananas Backpack II moment. The world desperately needs that right now. 

• Love 8

It's great to have The Challenge back, but I couldn't tell you why I still watch this craptacular show. I don't really like petty drama, misogyny, drunken debauchery, or stupid people. I guess it's all about the challenges (particularly trivia), the scenery, and waiting for those rare comedic gold moments like when the insufferable Johnny Bananas gets backpacked by CT, the greatest event in this show's long history.

Color me surprised that MTV forked over the money to send the teams to Bodrum, Turkey. They must've gotten a heckuva deal on the travel package.

My initial reaction when first seeing the cast was total disappointment. I dislike the AYTO kids, the Ex-plosion brats, the despicable Tony Raines, and Johnny Bananas and his cousin Vinny. I'll be rooting for the usual good guys, Cohutta, Cara Maria, and Leroy, to win this one because there's simply no one else to root for.

I LOVED when Cara Maria instructed all the guys to fill Cohutta's bucket so that Bananas wouldn't win. That was a smart move that got Bananas to squirm a little bit. I hope this sets the tone for the season. Everyone should be ganging up on Bananas and his meathead cousin so they can get eliminated ASAP. It didn't work this time since it ended up being a female elimination round, but this collusion is what's needed to get them out of there. We saw how they beasted the bucket challenge and it'll be another Challenge victory for Bananas if they don't make it a priority to get him out.  I wouldn't be able to handle that again. I was really hoping Vinny would deck his fellow personal trainer Cory during the stupidest alpha male fight ever and get himself and Bananas ejected. This is Banana's career, so it would've been funny to watch him whine like a little bitch. Of course the producers would've somehow allowed Bananas to stay on the show. Hopefully there's not a twist that will allow Bananas to get back on, if he does get eliminated, like there was last season.

Tony Raines is a deplorable human being. I hate that he's on the show, and  I was hoping he and his brother would be sent home for his actions. But, of course, he got off with a stern warning. He's such a snake who never seems to be held accountable for his actions. He got away with a lot of shit during the Skeletons season and, in his first episode on The Challenge, he cheated on Madison (who I believe is pregnant with his kid) and hit his cool brother. What a scumbag! What's most offensive to me is his gameplay. Why would you ever pick a fight with someone on your rookie season of The Challenge? He just put a bullseye on his back for no reason. I had to laugh when Teej said something like "we don't like violence on The Challenge." Hahaha!!! Yeah, right. They purposely breed conditions, i.e. a plethora of alcohol, hot, cramped living quarters, hoping that violent events will occur to make a better TV show.

I liked Shane's walking in a straight line and voguing while drunk. I also liked that Cohutta and Nany can still talk to each other like adults even though Cohutta broke he heart. I'm not sure why Nicole became so upset with the slut-shaming of Nany. I agree that Nany isn't a whore, but even Nany acknowledges that she has had a lot of hookups on these shows. And there's video footage that supports it. So when a rumor comes out that she hooked up with another contestant nobody is surprised at its validity whether it's true or not. That sucks for Nany, but that's the misogynistic world The Challenge lives in. Nany likes to play the victim and is always involved in drama anyway, so I guess it might as well be this slut-shaming issue that appears every season.

I can't believe Jenna is still with Zach. I really want to like her, but Zach is the king of the misogynistic douchebags. Her staying with him makes me think she really does have a birdbrain and no self-respect. I mean, surely she watched last season where he was an uberdouche. Kudos to her for winning that elimination challenge though. I'm glad to see those AYTO women out of there. If Bananas and Tony can't get eliminated, I would like to see the AYTO kids followed by the Ex-plosion kids leave the show. Hopefully Dario and Raphy are out next.

I wonder what the stipulations for picking partners were. Naturally Bananas would have a relative who is a former NFL player to be his partner, but why would Leroy pick a seemingly nonathletic woman? I'm sure production required a certain percentage of guy-girl teams in an attempt to make amends for the misogyny that has taken place over the last decade. I hope a guy-girl team wins. I don't care if it's Cara Maria, Cohutta, or Leroy's team.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 8

I HATE that after all these years and countless thousands of dollars of furniture, glassware, and decorative pieces destroyed on these shows (and just what we're seeing on camera; imagine the unseen damage to each house after the seasons wrap) they don't shame the cast members for this deplorable behavior. Sure, I doubt the plates we saw Shane and Tony break are priceless heirlooms--I'm sure the houses aren't furnished in anything much above IKEA/Target grade decor--but I wonder if each cast member has to pay some sort of refundable deposit before coming on the show that some won't get back if production has footage of these sorts of shenanigans. Probably wishful thinking, as I'm sure MTV would gladly foot those costs themselves since fighting and destruction equals RATINGS! But I hate them breaking shit way more than I hate them wailing on each other. Take your drunk rage outside, AWAY from your living quarters, like the barnyard animals you're imitating.

I know for The Real World the cast has to pay for anything they break.

Cast members are fined if they cause damage or for deliberate rule breaking other than fighting. (For instance, Evan was fined for constantly "announcing" TJ when he walked up like he was a professional wrestler.  Production asked him to stop multiple times because they would have to reshoot the scenes.  I think people were fined for peeing over a balcony, too.  Hee.)  It is taken out of their appearance stipend.

• Love 2

Cast members are fined if they cause damage or for deliberate rule breaking other than fighting. (For instance, Evan was fined for constantly "announcing" TJ when he walked up like he was a professional wrestler.  Production asked him to stop multiple times because they would have to reshoot the scenes.  I think people were fined for peeing over a balcony, too.  Hee.)  It is taken out of their appearance stipend.

That is AWESOME! Ha ha ha, I just wish they would show T.J., with his dead-pan delivery, saying "that's another $100. And another. And $500 for that chair"  etc., and tallying up the total for each cast member. 

• Love 7

Seems to be a theme in this thread..."too old for this shit!".

Yeah, I actually watched Real World season one when it first aired...

As another poster stated, I will be done with the show when I no longer recognize the contestants (GREAT post by the way, Irritable). And with all these Are You The One kids showing up, that might not be too far off.

And seriously women of the world...if you think Tony will be anything BUT a cheater until his penis no longer functions, you are an idiot. It is pretty obvious he has it in him to be abusive as well (not saying he IS, but he certainly seems to have a tendency to get violent real quick). He was a douche on his season and he is a douche on The Challenge. I really like his brother (FINALLY a guy sticks up for a female on this show), too bad he is saddled with that asshole.

Sadly, it looks like another Bananas victory. Of COURSE he gets one of the biggest guys in the competition as his partner. While someone like Leroy gets the most unathletic one. Not sure how that is even remotely fair. All pairs should have been boy/girl.

I don't see anyone but Leroy and CT giving Bananas a run for his money in the pit (you KNOW he will be the one to do it every time they go in...in fact, will any non veteran EVER go in if there is a choice? Kind of a stupid set up if you ask me).

The season preview showed a potential mix up of partners, so lets hope that happens SOON...stick Bananas (damn, I feel stupid referring to a grown man as "Bananas") with Leroys cousin, please! He is the God of the challenges, surely he could carry her to a finish, right?

Edited by Jenkins
  • Love 6

I know many don't like Bananas but I had to laugh when Jenna won the elimination round and he said something to the effect of how she could teach her boyfriend Zack a thing or two about how to win an elimination.  Haha.  Funny, because it's true.  That guy is all muscle and zero endurance.

• Love 2

I totally forgot this was on last night. Will have to somehow wait until it's ondemand because I refuse to use the mtv website to watch things. It takes forever.

I've been watching this show forEVER. Like every season, and totally missed the premiere. How??? 

• Love 1

Okay I have literally seen every season of the Challenge and RW so it's sad to say that I don't know who more than half of these people are (since I do not, nor will I ever, watch AYTO).

Still, I love this show. I HATE Tony. I didn't like him on his season, but Bruno was so much worse that Tony didn't completely register as being the biggest asshole. Turns out, he's as terrible as I thought. But dude, what a fucking idiot! Speaking of him, that girl Christina I hated pretty much immediately because of how she was acting and because she's not from the Real World and I'm petty, BUT by the end of the episode I kind of didn't hate her anymore?? I think it's because she and her sister surprised me during the challenge and she did pretty good during that elimination. But, meh, don't care that they're gone either necessarily.

I already like Nany 10x more this season than last season. She seems more...self-aware? Plus, I love Cohutta so it's kind of nice seeing them able to talk to each other.

I was iffy on Cory during his season (Team Brian!) but I'm already loving him this season and hope to see him do well. I also love his cousin and Aneesa's cousin. they were pretty funny together. 

And okay, I have a kind of irrational hatred towards Cara Maria (I say "irrational" because it feels like everybody else loves her), but I loved her teamup on Bananas this episode. That said, I'm kind of nervous/excited about what's going on with her in the previews. Mostly because I find her to be extremely entitled and judgmental, and hope to see her get taken down a peg.

• Love 2

They need to cast better people from Are You the One.  They do have some cast members that would actually make good additions to this cast, but they never pick them for this show.  I'm hoping they at least avoid the more evil members of the most recent AYTO season, since this show doesn't need any more misogynists. 

If the cast list making the rounds for Rivals III is accurate, they got it half right. Cheyenne is the best. Devin is the worst.

I love that everyone hates Tony now as much as I do.  There was so much else going on during his season that he was able to hide.  I love Shane, though.  I would have liked them to kick half of the Skeletons cast out of the house and film him instead, but this works.

• Love 2

Sigh. This show. Am I going to try and watch it, or am I just going to enjoy the comments here? I did miss the premier, don't know if I'll catch one of the zillion reruns or not.

So to recap what I missed, someone called a short girl short, then lied about it. A personal trainer called another personal trainer a personal trainer. Cohutta and his partner might be second cousins, not first cousins, depending on what Pappy means?

• Love 7

They need to cast better people from Are You the One.  They do have some cast members that would actually make good additions to this cast, but they never pick them for this show.  I'm hoping they at least avoid the more evil members of the most recent AYTO season, since this show doesn't need any more misogynists.  

I love that everyone hates Tony now as much as I do.  There was so much else going on during his season that he was able to hide.  I love Shane, though.  I would have liked them to kick half of the Skeletons cast out of the house and film him instead, but this works.

Do you remember the second season of AYTO? I think the guy (John)? who kind of figure out the numbers game to win who was in law school would have been GREAT On the challenge. Smart people tend to do really well on these and drive the meat heads crazy ( IE: Sarah vs Bananas). He also looked in shape so he could have performed well physically. He was the one who accidentally kneed someone in the face the first episode and broke her nose if it rings  bell

Tony can go at any point. If we need to lose Shane in the process, it's a small price to pay. What a douche. 

Nothing else really stood out to me about the episode except that being a shitty, unlikeable person apparently runs in Johnny's family. 

• Love 7

Finally caught this episode. First thought: I know like a good 65% of the cast and now MTV has added in their brothers/sisters/cousins/family members, and thats just really confusing. Other than that, aw Cuthhutta, until  CT arrives, he's probably my fave. 

Also I love that the challengers family members can't handle their booze the way that the challengers can. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

Likewise, I am glad to see Cohutta and Leroy.  I miss having more guys with character on the Challenge like Landon or Brandon.  I appreciate having a few folks on the show that can stay out of the drama and deliver a little side eye to those antics.  Or even having someone like Devyn who isn't necessarily physically adept at challenges but is skillful at sussing out group dynamics and delivers some good one liners in the talking head portions.

But I am still hooked and looking forward to seeing how it all goes down.

• Love 3

I almost didn't watch because I feared the "scandalous hookup" would be between a contestant and their family member.

Aneesa likes men? Why did I think she was a lesbian?

I had to laugh at Leroy's cousin stating she needed to pull up her panties, and him responding that he was just glad she was wearing some.

• Love 7

Sigh. This show. Am I going to try and watch it, or am I just going to enjoy the comments here? I did miss the premier, don't know if I'll catch one of the zillion reruns or not.

So to recap what I missed, someone called a short girl short, then lied about it. A personal trainer called another personal trainer a personal trainer. Cohutta and his partner might be second cousins, not first cousins, depending on what Pappy means?

Yup, you got that all about right.  No need to watch it now.  Lol!  Unless you want to see the look oh Banana's face when he realized he got out played by Cara Maria and KellyAnne during the last few minutes of the challenge.

• Love 2

I didn't hate Tony. I don't care enough about any of these people to hate them. Mostly I just thought ok, so he's the first person on this season to act like an idiot. Meh.

Why do they (and most young people for that matter) always call women females but they never call men males? I don't know why but that annoys me.

I hope I never see another one of these girls struggle twerking again. Awful.

All I want for Christmas is for a plot against Bananas to work.

Poor Candace. She seems very sensitive and she obviously hates to disappoint Leroy. I can't lie though, it was funny seeing her roll down that hill. Camilla too.

Add me in the "too old" camp. I only watched because apparently I set a series recording last challenge and I saw it on my DVR and was curious.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 3

I almost didn't watch because I feared the "scandalous hookup" would be between a contestant and their family member.

You know MTV would have full siblings conceive and birth a baby on this show if it would help their ratings. Sure, TJ would weigh in with some (not real) scorn and disappointment, but no one would stop the siblings or make them use protection or birth control. Then the parents would get a reality show, then, down the road, the baby would get a reality show or three, and every one of these shows would have three reunions...Flavor Flav and Bret Michaels would somehow be involved...

• Love 5

Wish people would wake up and get Bananas out. Just sick of him, but that is how I am. I always want someone else to win besides the person that keeps on winning, sometimes even if I don't like them either, I just want someone else to win this season.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 3

I'm definitely too old for this show, but I have a weird compulsion to watch it. I think the only way I will ever stop is if all the older alumni that I'm familiar with, good or bad, finally get replaced by kids from shows I don't watch, and have not even heard of. I've got no clue what "Are You the One?" is, and was surprised to see there must have been multiple seasons.

I have been saying the same thing for years, but that is part of MTV's evil genius... They keep bringing people like Aneesa to keep us oldies coming back while they make us fall in love with all the new crazies, until suddenly the old/new crazies feel just like the old old crazies and we come back for them. It's a sick, vicious cycle that I cannot quit.

I already really enjoy a lot of the family members. Jill and Shane were great, Candice and Nicole are hilarious, and I liked the little we saw of Jamie and Rianna.

Was KellyAnne always this hot? Damn.

• Love 6

Finally got around to watching

Shane is my favorite. I love him and yay for standing up for the ladies

Nany and her cousin kind of annoy me but Nany and Camilla talking was cute

Cohutta and Jill are my favorite

Same with Cara Maria. Smart cookie for getting a team up on Bananas

I am addicted and will always be addicted to this show

Also I think Aneesa said she is lesbian on her season of real world, maybe now she identifies differently? Who knows. Glad she is back tho, I like her

• Love 1

I can't believe Jenna is still with Zach. I really want to like her, but Zach is the king of the misogynistic douchebags. Her staying with him makes me think she really does have a birdbrain and no self-respect. I mean, surely she watched last season where he was an uberdouche. 

Jenna would not know an uberdouche from a hole in the wall. She is dumb as a box of rocks. Truly. She and Zach are a perfect match. 

• Love 5

Add me to the "I'm too old to watch this show, but I love it" crowd. I cannot wait for the return of Abe and CT!! Did Abe say he's into guys now? Also, on the premiere episode, why was nothing said about KellyAnne and Cohutta being exes? Was it so long ago that no one knows or remembers this?

• Love 3

Add me to the "I'm too old to watch this show, but I love it" crowd. I cannot wait for the return of Abe and CT!! Did Abe say he's into guys now? Also, on the premiere episode, why was nothing said about KellyAnne and Cohutta being exes? Was it so long ago that no one knows or remembers this?

Oh I missed that part with Abe being into guys? Weren't him and Cara together? Maybe he is bi?

I also wondered why Cohutta and Kelly Anne got no mention. They were together for a while right? I would love to see them team up on Exes!!!!

• Love 1

I liked Christina, because she made Tony look like even more of a fool. First, she tried to get with Thomas, and when he shooed her away, she tried to get with his twin. The twin didn't want her either, so she started following Tony around. 2nd runner-up, hah!  And I appreciated that at least one person (Thomas) was smart enough to realize that cheating on his girlfriend on camera was probably not the best life decision. Also, Christina seemed like she was shaping up to be a decent competitor, so I wouldn't mind seeing more of her. 

I don't usually care much for Nany, but she's been growing on me ever since she started not caring about being slut-shamed. Do you, girl. We all know that if a guy hooked up with as many people each season as she does, he would be getting praise from fellow contestants.  Her cousin seems Okay, and I don't like to judge other women for their choices, but damn she does wear a lot of makeup. I wonder if she wakes up before the camera crew to make sure she looks "perfect" for the cameras like Aiiyah used to on her Cancun season.

I hate Johnny Bananas. Why does he get a good teammate while Leroy is stuck with his very un-athletic cousin?

Love Kelly Anne, so I'm glad to see her. She does look really good. I must be in the minority in that I don't care for Aneesa. 

Decent episode. I'll be back! 

• Love 1

This is certainly an unpopular opinion but I like having Bananas on the show. Someone's got to be a villain and even though Zach and Tony have been giving him a run for his money neither of them have accumulated the same deep seeded infamy and hatred. I don't care for Cara Maria but she stepped it up this season and that move with the water buckets was genius but I don't think there are any other rivalries that would emulate that type of snakey behavior. I would actually really like to see a season with more wiggle room in the rules like that. Make the contestants strategize instead of the standard zip lines and pulley rigs.

Glad to see Aneesa back! But I still miss Paula and some of the other old timers. I'm thrilled Jenna's other half isn't on this season. While I love to hate Bananas, I loathe to loathe Zach so it's nice to have a reprieve from that asshole. It looks like they aren't holding onto that bullshit redemption side show. Small victory!

And now, I'm officially sucked right back in!

• Love 2

As long as they don't procreate, we'll be good.  

I spent spent way too long stalking her IG. They are a seriously good looking couple. Dumb, but very very pretty. lol

This is certainly an unpopular opinion but I like having Bananas on the show. Someone's got to be a villain and even though Zach and Tony have been giving him a run for his money neither of them have accumulated the same deep seeded infamy and hatred. I don't care for Cara Maria but she stepped it up this season and that move with the water buckets was genius but I don't think there are any other rivalries that would emulate that type of snakey behavior. I would actually really like to see a season with more wiggle room in the rules like that. Make the contestants strategize instead of the standard zip lines and pulley rigs.

Glad to see Aneesa back! But I still miss Paula and some of the other old timers. I'm thrilled Jenna's other half isn't on this season. While I love to hate Bananas, I loathe to loathe Zach so it's nice to have a reprieve from that asshole. It looks like they aren't holding onto that bullshit redemption side show. Small victory!

And now, I'm officially sucked right back in!

ITA about everything. And about  Bananas. Hes easy to hate but not overly offensive to the point of hatred (MTV standards not normal people standards) like Nia is. And hes been around long enough for street cred and actual frenemies.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1

Chicago was the first season of Real World that I watched. I recall Aneesa saying she's bi. I think she'd hooked up with guys on the show before. By hooked up I don't necessarily mean that she slept with them.

That commercial w/ Abe saying something to Cara about sleeping with other men really surprised me the first several times I saw it, but the last time I saw it, it hit me differently. I think it's an editing trick. I think what he's really talking about is her sleeping with other men, but it's edited in such a way that it comes off differently.

Does anyone know why/how Abe and CT show up? Do they drag along their own relatives? Or are they one of the surprises? (Sort of like how CT came to be using Bananas as a backpack?)

Bananas doesn't bother me in the least. The only one of these clowns I've truly loathed is Frank. Hope that asshole never returns. I'd take Evan and Kenny and Bananas over him.

Edited by kat165
  • Love 2

(MTV standards not normal people standards)

I wish I had this as a disclaimer on literally every post I write. I hate how this garbage show makes me put on my MTV-tinted glasses.

That commercial w/ Abe saying something to Cara about sleeping with other men really surprised me the first several times I saw it, but the last time I saw it, it hit me differently. I think it's an editing trick. I think what he's really talking about is her sleeping with other men, but it's edited in such a way that it comes off differently.

This is how I interpreted it as well. The season teaser showed Cara Maria

flirting with another guy (one of the twins?) and implies that she cheated,

not that Abe wants to sleep with other guys.

• Love 1