Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Black Friday

The Kappa girls trying to kill Dean Munsch was hilarious. Simply because it was Jamie Lee Curtis and she is the original Screem Queen.

Grace's dad and Grace's boyfriend have the same chin.

Pete Martinez: Secret friend of Boone and possible gay lover.

The entire police force was fired for gross incompitance. Wait! Tv shows do that? Someone tell Rosewood.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6

I loved this episode. I think I've fallen in love with this show and now it's over. How did this happen? Anyway, tonight was really funny. I loved when Grace decided she no longer wanted to kill the Dean, Chanel was like, "What? Two hours ago, you were all like let's kill the bitch!" Not enough Chad, though.

• Love 2

How do you not show Chad Radwell doing yoga and falling (yeah, right) so a Lego goes up his butt and instead serve up Grace/Pete instead? Even if it was relevant to the plot, I'd have rather heard about them later and watched Chad work out.

Chad/Pete on the other hand was great. 'You do not give lube to someone who's just an acquaintance!' Also nothing left to Chad by Boone? And yet Chad still was gonna accept Pete into the DDS because he had Boone's seal of approval. Chad loved his dead gay (not really) Boone. It was nice to get a flashback to all the Dickie Dollars alive and well in their pastel sweaters and complete appendages. RIP bros.

So Pete is in cahoots with someone and considers himself a murderer to the point of wanting to flee campus. So he's either the boyfriend of RD or RD. Interestingly he was alone with Chad and could've killed him but opted not to despite hating him.

Given Pete's issues and her own homicdal tendencies, Grace ain't got no room to be shading her dad over his involvement with her mom and Gigi.

Chanel 5 needs to quit with the size 4 panties with a size 0 label. Girl, please.

I really thought Chanel 1 was going to bite it this ep. That would've been a bold cliffhanger into the finale and show that this show has some balls.

Denise Hemphill is Chief of Police. Denise. You know what? I think she'll do alright!

• Love 7

How do you not show Chad Radwell doing yoga and falling (yeah, right) so a Lego goes up his butt and instead serve up Grace/Pete instead? Even if it was relevant to the plot, I'd have rather heard about them later and watched Chad work out.

Chad/Pete on the other hand was great. 'You do not give lube to someone who's just an acquaintance!' Also nothing left to Chad by Boone? And yet Chad still was gonna accept Pete into the DDS because he had Boone's seal of approval. Chad loved his dead gay (not really) Boone. It was nice to get a flashback to all the Dickie Dollars alive and well in their pastel sweaters and complete appendages. RIP bros.

So Pete is in cahoots with someone and considers himself a murderer to the point of wanting to flee campus. So he's either the boyfriend of RD or RD. Interestingly he was alone with Chad and could've killed him but opted not to despite hating him.

Given Pete's issues and her own homicdal tendencies, Grace ain't got no room to be shading her dad over his involvement with her mom and Gigi.

Chanel 5 needs to quit with the size 4 panties with a size 0 label. Girl, please.

I really thought Chanel 1 was going to bite it this ep. That would've been a bold cliffhanger into the finale and show that this show has some balls.

Denise Hemphill is Chief of Police. Denise. You know what? I think she'll do alright!

Is next week the finale? I thought there was two Episodes left

Is next week the finale? I thought there was two Episodes left

Yes 2 hour finale.

I think Pete's confession is a red herring. That's just me.

Definitely, there's still 2 more episodes for the final killer reveal/plot twist.

Edited by Free

I think this show got me, because I definitely think Grace is one of the Red Devils.  

Nope, it's almost certainly someone we met briefly, and were reminded of in last week's episode. That's gotta be who Pete was on the phone with. I'm pretty sure Pete lent this person his Red Devil costume. Can't imagine who Pete killed, or maybe he's just giving himself guilt by association.

Edited by Hollysdower

I thought this was one of the weaker episodes.

Pete and Grace still bore.   I hope their lack of chemistry is becasue one of them thinks they are related.  The Chad scene was both unnecessary and unfunny this time.

The Dean and Chanel at the pool was another wasted scene.    And Wes as a father almost made sense with what her told Grace but she turns around and does the opposite.

Too little Denise.   Do like that the police were fired though.

Chanel gathering her Kappas around to come up with ideas is still a plus for me.  Loved when they voted Gace out of Kappa.

Figures Hester would be all about Rasputin. 

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

This episode was a let-down for me.  Too little Denise (she could have made the plot to kill the dean funny!) and no one died.  I did enjoy hearing about Boone's jeweled butt plug, and Chanel #5's plea for her clothes to be labeled size zeros.  If you want that badly enough, you don't ask the clerk, you do it yourself in the dressing room!

I really wanted the dean and Grace to die, Grace is boring dead weight in this series and the dean really deserves it.  Hopefully Pete's remorse is a charade if he really is one of the red devils.

Edited by Glade

They don't know that Boon was killed, right? So why is everyone saying there is only one red devil again? And wasn't there two red devils at the mall? One that scared the girls and then the other near the elevator? Could Pete have been helping part of the time since he had the costume, and then the two babies be the killers?

Mack, thank you for stating she was without the hat. It was ridiculous looking, but I kept staring at Grace wondering why she looked different. 

This episode was a let-down for me. Too little Denise (she could have made the plot to kill the dean funny!) and no one died. I did enjoy hearing about Boone's jeweled butt plug, and Chanel #5's plea for her clothes to be labeled size zeros. If you want that badly enough, you don't ask the clerk, you do it yourself in the dressing room!

I really wanted the dean and Grace to die, Grace is boring dead weight in this series and the dean really deserves it. Hopefully Pete's remorse is a charade if he really is one of the red devils.

Grace and Dean deserve to live over some of the horrible unlikable characters. At least I can stand them. And Dean killed someone! Edited by jay741982

I really hope they don't reveal Grace to be a killer but it would figure Ryan Murphy would make her the killer when she's one of the only ones I like. All the Chanels are awful people, so is Chad, Dean is too. Really to me Grace Pete and Zayday possibly Wes and Denise are the only ones I don't see as horrible

I'm not seeing any holes in the theory that Pete is the killer and was probably born female. When he said that he "can't" have sex with Grace I got the impression that he meant that he physically can't.

Chad and Denise are still my favorites.

I'm confused as to what all Grace's dad knows. Same with Chanel 1.

• Love 2

When he said that he "can't" have sex with Grace I got the impression that he meant that he physically can't.

He did try to have sex with her earlier, though, with the intensely romantic line, "let's do this." 

Nope, it's almost certainly someone we met briefly, and were reminded of in last week's episode. That's gotta be who Pete was on the phone with. I'm pretty sure Pete lent this person his Red Devil costume. Can't imagine who Pete killed, or maybe he's just giving himself guilt by association.

Here's my theory...work with me here.   I think Pete is the male twin and Boone was the "female" twin.  Gigi was crazy enough to decide that she wanted a matching set and forced one of the boys to be a girl. Boone seemed to THINK he was gay but then discovered he had feelings for Zayday (that name never stops cracking me up!).  I think that is what got him killed, hitting on Zayday - why?  Because I think that she is the accomplice -the one Pete called and who is reading her "live tweets (LOL) of dramatic moments.  She's always been the voice of reason and slightly removed from the group and the action.  She was "kidnapped" but returned in one piece.  I think she and Pete have a separate agenda from Gigi's.  The only thing I'm struggling with is that this would make Grace Pete's half sister (or not if he was lying about the DNA test), but the guy is a serial killer so I guess he wouldn't put much stock in anti-incest laws....

If not, I got nothin'.  I can't wait to find out!

Since there are only two episodes left, I'd be perfectly fine if the 'red herring' with Pete isn't a red herring and is the truth. He's obviously knowing more than he says he does. Either his phone call was with the real Red Devil, or it could be with another Red Devil. I'd be kind of sad if he wasn't the Red Devil, but I guess if they can present another, better chosen Red Devil, then I might be ok with it. But Pete does have similarities with Boone....I guess that I've just accepted that it probably isn't Pete because of the anvils being dropped that it is. Well, that and the real Red Devil/Boone's sibling murdered Boone without a second thought, then presumably cut off Gigi's head, so how come Pete is acting/genuinely is remorseful now? This is why I didn't want more Pete; it just makes it almost certain that he's not the RD, or at least not the main one. I was having fun with seeing little things that would make him it (he was the first suspect and cleared quickly, he has the costume, he seems to disappear throughout the season, he accuses others, he's a reporter who can twist the story in any way that he wants, he's with Grace)

I did note last episode that Gigi, before being murdered, said that the RD had to keep up their cover, which means they're alive and I could see them either as Pete or Chanel #5. I got for #5 because we barely know anything about her. I'd laugh if it was Chanel, because we've seen her actively kill and RM would probably be laughing at how we 'didn't get it...it's in front of our faces'. I also think it could be Zayday, but I doubt she's the sibling so she can't be THE RD. I only say that because we saw her alone with Boone and he was coming on to her.

I gotta admit, I would have loved to see the Dean murdered this episode. I like Jamie Lee Curtis, but we need an actual main cast death. I would also be fine with a Chanel death in the beginning of the finale. 

Grace looked better without that stupid hat, and with her hair not that curly. 

Chad had some good moments with Pete. I hope Chad doesn't end up dead. Him and Chanel #3 cannot die. I don't want Denise to die either, but I also would be ok with it, because she would provide pretty epic commentary as she's being killed.

I just feel like Pete's a red herring because the way he sounded when he said, "I don't want your first time to be with a murderer" just seemed like not something an actual murderer would say. Just because on tv shows murderers never seem to be that remorseful to me? Unless Pete has been guilted into this whole thing, it would seem odd for him to be remorseful, as the killer to me has never showed an ounce of that.   But then again, after this season we're getting a whole new bunch of characters and storyline so this has to wrap up somewhere. It would also explain the Pete/Boone connection. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

It really drags down the episode when most of it is spent watching people try to kill someone we know isn't the killer.

I fully expect Pete's "I'm a killer" bit to be totally unrelated to the actual killing of people on this show.

I figure Pete killed someone accidentally at some point or something. No way are they giving us the big reveal before the real BIG Reveal next week. 

I love Chad, and I miss seeing the Dickie Dollars. In a weird way, I find them more sympathetic than most of Kappa. At least the DD actually like each other. 

• Love 3

Zayday and Grace are both boring as hell IMO, so I'm still hoping they are die and/or get some last minute dimension in the finale.  And I really hope that girl Feather breaks out of jail and wreaks revenge on the dean.  Not even the red devil has sunken so low as to frame an innocent person for their murders--yet. The Dean is also one of the few legitimate targets of the red devil, since she played the lead role in the coverup/ buryial of their mother in the woods.  But maybe the dean is already dead and unlike Boone, is present via some supernatural power and that is why she can't be killed.

Edited by Glade
  • Love 2

I give up trying to figure out who the killer is.  Assuming there is not yet another accomplice and it is indeed the tub baby, all the Chanels are in the clear after the mall attack. Zayday's clear because the kidnapping thing would make no sense otherwise. Dean and Daddy are clear cause they aren't the tub baby. Chad just doesn't work on so many levels. Which leaves Pete and Grace as the only "regulars" it could be.  So, it's either them or a random character from the past.  Personally, I would love Candle Girl to have faked her death. Or maybe it was Chanel's predecessor. We did see the Red Devil present in her attack and maybe it was a setup.

As for this episode, I thought it was mostly filler. The pool scene would've been better if the Dean was actually a serious candidate as the murderer. 

I have a feeling I'm gonna be disappointed at the resolution next week. Which considering who is behind this show, should not be a surprise.

Edited by xander874
Or maybe it was Chanel's predecessor. We did see the Red Devil present in her attack and maybe it was a setup.

The Red Devil was indeed behind Chanel's predecessor's untimely demise.  I think the motive was to usher in Chanel as top dog in KKT, so that particular Red Devil was on Chanel's side.

I was so on the Pete train, but with him giving a lame ass confession with two more hours of show to go, it doesn't look good.

• Love 2

I'm back to thinking it was Hester; she didn't really want the Dean dead so her "puffer fish toxin" was just some random drug.

You go Denise! Be the best damn police chief ever!

Loved how after Grace's Dad reports Gigi's death the fired detective says "it's usually the boyfriend" and the dad instantly says "I was breaking up with her anyway".

• Love 2

I'm back to thinking it was Hester; she didn't really want the Dean dead so her "puffer fish toxin" was just some random drug.

You go Denise! Be the best damn police chief ever!

Loved how after Grace's Dad reports Gigi's death the fired detective says "it's usually the boyfriend" and the dad instantly says "I was breaking up with her anyway".

I thought about the pufferfish thing too and Hester was also the one at the controls of the freezer thing.

But I do not think it is Hester.

I am going with Grace she could have found out Boone was her  1/2 brother.   Not a given the bath tub baby is even involved in the killings.

• Love 1

I love some of the facial expressions on this show, for instance:

Chanel's, the whole time Grace was making her pitch about why they should kill dean Munch - it was a mix of You go girl /Wow, I didn't think you had it in you/ I AM impressed / I am SO not impressed, the succession was so much fun to me,

Hester's, with her creapy stuck on smile the whole time, from getting down the stairs to the end of the scene (I love Lea Michelle in this and I couldn't stand her on the few episodes of Glee that I watched) .

When Pete opened his cupboard, I was very sure there was someone in that RD suit. I still think there was someone in there. Also during the scene with Grace.

Lastly, I have an unpopular opinion (or two): I find Denise too one note/constantly over the top and while I can take Chad, I prefer him in small doses. 

Edited by NutMeg

This show is so stupid and obnoxious I can barely stand it. Only sticking with it to be disappointed by what's sure to be a nonsensical reveal.

Why waste an entire episode trying to kill Dean Munsch, when wasn't it agreed the remaining killed is the bathtub girl? Even if the Kappas don't know that, we the viewers know that, right? In the Thanksgiving scene with Gigi, Boone and the Red Devil, didn't Gigi refer to the Red Devil as "your sister"?

My money's on Chanel #5. There'll be some ridiculous nonsense explanation that Pete has been in cahoots with her and Boone. He was in the Red Devil costume at the mall to throw suspicion off #5, and killed that cop, his only kill. That's why he feels guilty and called himself a killer.

However it turns out, who gives a shit? This dumb show has been so over-the-top and removed from reality that there have been zero stakes. Whoever the killer is, no one will care.

• Love 1

My main issue with the show that has stopped me from loving it outright, is some of the acting is a little too over the top which has meant sometimes it seems its just an actor reading lines written by a writer as opposed to the character speaking for themselves. Mainly looking at you Ms Roberts.

I'm not sure how others feel, but I have noticed that I got more involved with the show when they stopped the gruesome displays of death eg blood spurting everywhere, that was evident in the first 3 episodes. It stopped being a comic version of American Horror Story and became a comic version of teen horror movies.

After finally catching this episode I am convinced the Red Devil(s) in the Mall was Pete and someone else (maybe Zayday??) trying to scare the Kappas into some sense, but it went terribly wrong obviously.

It doesn't matter if a show is steeped in "reality" or over the top camp/satire, good acting is good acting. Naturally a strong or weak script factors huge in any genre.

JLC seems to have both peaks/valleys in her role as far as her acting , (Ditto Emma Roberts) with Neicy Nash, Glen Powell , Lea Michele having the best rhythm of over the top comedic acting ; they have their characters down pat. Nick Jonas was a pleasant surprise, whereas Abigail Breslin ( Channel #4) is embarrassingly bad. Oliver Hudson, Diego Boneta and Skylar Samuels just are too bland/ generic in their acting. Keke Palmer ( Zayday) and Billie Lourde (Channel #3) don't always have good dialogue but they have their moments.

• Love 2

I finally watched this last night. I wondered if Pete's phone conversations were a misdirect, and he was fighting with Chad about the duel...like he'd decided he would just go ahead and kill Chad, or that he HAD killed Chad in the duel.

• Love 1