Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

Totally bummed about Tamron Hall.  MSNBC managed to find a place for Brian Williams with all his baggage, but buh-bye to Tamron.  Need another slot for Megyn Kelly to keep Greta company?  I'm getting seriously disgusted.

• Love 18

Why is it that MSNBC feels compelled to show trump on a split screen constantly?  Do they think we will forget what he looks like?

It's annoying to have Chris Hayes do his great interviews every night with his guests and have his face or the guest's face blotted out by trump, which no one cares to see.   Do it on Rachel's show.  She sits in front of the camera every night talking with hardly a guest.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Totally bummed about Tamron Hall.  MSNBC managed to find a place for Brian Williams with all his baggage, but buh-bye to Tamron.  Need another slot for Megyn Kelly to keep Greta company?  I'm getting seriously disgusted.

Agreed. She could take Katy or hallie spots. Is Kristen Walker or Al Sharpton the next to go? 

• Love 1

Yesterday one of the afternoon shows had Greta on as a legal expert because of the court nomination.  I hope they don't start using her for that--I much prefer Ari Melber to be their expert on those things.

I don't know what network or show this happened on, as my husband is the one who saw it, but he said Jennifer Granholm was on a show with a right wing guy debating the constitutionality of the immigrant ban. He kept trying to tell her why she was wrong about it and she said something like "I'm a lawyer. My specialty is constitutional law. What are YOUR credentials?"

Granholm would be great to have around. She's knows her stuff and when she's not giving a big speech, she's OK to listen to. 

• Love 8

I may have missed something but I think it was NBC that cancelled her hour of the Today Show, but I have not seen anything about MSNBC taking her hour away--I think leaving was her decision because her contract was up and over the NBC cancellation, but I got the impression she would have been able to keep her show on MSNBC and her show on ID.   

I hope that means she has somewhere good to go next.

36 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

Granholm would be great to have around. She's knows her stuff and when she's not giving a big speech, she's OK to listen to. 

I'm still having a hard time forgiving her for her unjustified optimism on election morning, concerning the outcome in her state. I'm sure it was on MSNBC, but I can't remember what program. Anyway the host was saying, "Really? The latest polls show Michigan in play," and she was all chipper and OD'ing on Prozac and like, "I could not be more optimistic! Michigan will go for Hillary in a big way. Bet the farm on it!" As if her positivity would magically make it so. I realize nobody had a crystal ball, but the strength of her positivity was disingenuous at best. The actual outcome in her state made me not able to shake the feeling that I'd been lied to.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 5

This is from the Website Page Six

Tamron Hall will be leaving NBC News and MSNBC, Page Six has learned. An email went out internally to NBC announcing the news.

[and in a separate article]

NBC is canceling the third hour of “Today” to make way for new star Megyn Kelly, sources exclusively confirm to Page Six.

We’re told Kelly will take over either the 9 a.m. hour from Tamron Hall and Al Roker or will replace Hoda Kotb and Kathie Lee Gifford.

“If she takes over Hoda and Kathie Lee’s 10 a.m. hour, they will move to the 9 a.m. hour,” an insider said.

She will continue to host “Deadline: Crime” on Investigation Discovery.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Milburn Stone said:

I'm still having a hard time forgiving her for her unjustified optimism on election morning, concerning the outcome in her state. I'm sure it was on MSNBC, but I can't remember what program. Anyway the host was saying, "Really? The latest polls show Michigan in play," and she was all chipper and OD'ing on Prozac and like, "I could not be more optimistic! Michigan will go for Hillary in a big way. Bet the farm on it!" As if her positivity would magically make it so. I realize nobody had a crystal ball, but the strength of her positivity was disingenuous at best. The actual outcome in her state made me not able to shake the feeling that I'd been lied to.

She was on Morning Joe. She made a fool of herself. She should have known her own state better.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, stormy said:

Why is it that MSNBC feels compelled to show trump on a split screen constantly?  Do they think we will forget what he looks like?

I saw that on LOD the other night, too. Really freakin' annoying. Yeah, MSNBC, doesn't add anything to the story to watch T.'s mouth move. I'm all too aware of what comes out of it, thankyouverymuch.

• Love 5

I'm still having a hard time forgiving her for her unjustified optimism on election morning, concerning the outcome in her state. I'm sure it was on MSNBC, but I can't remember what program. 

Omg. I can still hear it. "Hillary's got the juju! I'm feeling the juju!" (Whatever "juju" is) It was like she was auditioning for a talk show and "juju" was going to be her thing. 

She was definitely on Morning Joe that am, but may have carried over to Stephanie Ruhle.

• Love 2

Kellyann/Kellyanne/whatever with Chris Matthews this evening and she looks like 40 miles of bad road. Her wonky eye has gotten so pronounced that they filmed her in 3/4 profile. This job is getting to her. Sell your soul and lose your face = yay!

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

Kellyann/Kellyanne/whatever with Chris Matthews this evening and she looks like 40 miles of bad road. Her wonky eye has gotten so pronounced that they filmed her in 3/4 profile. This job is getting to her. Sell your soul and lose your face = yay!

Hah!  That's what I always say about her--40 miles of bad road.  Yeah, this job is not good for her.  

• Love 3

So on Joe Rogan's podcast, Leah Remini basically said that aside from Tom Cruise and Kirstie Alley, Greta is one of the worst celebrity Scientologists because she funnels ridiculous amounts of money to the organization. Joe asked how a supposed journalist could do her job effectively if she belonged to this cult. I loved the entire exchange between Leah and Joe.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

TBF, she hasn't lived in Michigan since her governor gig ended. Someone was feeding her that info. 

She's OK when she talks like a normal human, not a cheerleader with a schtick. 

I had to look up TBF (for those of you who, like me, didn't know what it means, it means "to be fair"), and now that I know what it means, I disagree with it--because I disagree that Granholm's not living in Michigan excuses anything. If anything, her not living there since 2011 makes it far worse that she represented herself as some kind of expert on the state. If she had any shame, she'd feel ashamed of herself for doing so--and stay far away from our television screens till the end of time.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I had to look up TBF (for those of you who, like me, didn't know what it means, it means "to be fair"), and now that I know what it means, I disagree with it--because I disagree that Granholm's not living in Michigan excuses anything. If anything, her not living there since 2011 makes it far worse that she represented herself as some kind of expert on the state. If she had any shame, she'd feel ashamed of herself for doing so--and stay far away from our television screens till the end of time.

Did Granholm apologize to the viewers on MSNBC in Michigan for giving them a false sense of hope? I think the problem with her & a lot of pundits on cable TV is that they have no clue what is really going on in the districts or people on the ground.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Did Granholm apologize to the viewers on MSNBC in Michigan for giving them a false sense of hope? I think the problem with her & a lot of pundits on cable TV is that they have no clue what is really going on in the districts or people on the ground.

Most pundits are divorced from the facts.

• Love 4

We watched Chris Mathew's show the other night. It was a terrible show. It was advertised as a town hall.  He started off with Kellyanne Conway.  UGH!  His interview with her went on and on.  I expected him to talk to her for a few minutes and then switch to the forum that was advertised. It was the interview where she gave "alternative facts" about Bowling Green.  I haven't been watching his show that much lately. This experience won't make me want to tune in again soon.  I have a very negative reaction to seeing her on TV and usually change the channel before I even hear her say one word or don't even watch the show if I know she is going to be on it.  It is my own fault but I feel somewhat tricked. I should have followed my normal policy and immediately changed the channel. 

• Love 9

On various MSNBC programs today re Trump's "What, you think our county's so innocent?"

(Ret. US Army) General Barry McCaffrey is "incredulous" and says that equating Putin's reputation with ours is "the most anti-American statement ever made by a US president."

• Love 10

Yeah, well how about his dunce twin, Pence?  He wouldn't even acknowledge on the Sunday shows that there really isn't anything wrong with what dunce #1 said, even when pressed by the hosts.

• Love 7

Today on MTP Chuck Todd quoted the following paragraphs from a David Brooks column in the NYT on January 31. I forget who he was speaking with, maybe Mike Pence. What Chuck received in reply was nothing, followed by nonsense.

Many Republican members of Congress have made a Faustian bargain with Donald Trump. They don’t particularly admire him as a man, they don’t trust him as an administrator, they don’t agree with him on major issues, but they respect the grip he has on their voters, they hope he’ll sign their legislation and they certainly don’t want to be seen siding with the inflamed progressives or the hyperventilating media.

Their position was at least comprehensible: How many times in a lifetime does your party control all levers of power? When that happens you’re willing to tolerate a little Trumpian circus behavior in order to get things done.

But if the last 10 days have made anything clear, it’s this: The Republican Fausts are in an untenable position. The deal they’ve struck with the devil comes at too high a price. It really will cost them their soul.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/opinion/the-republican-fausts.html?_r=0

Edited by suomi
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, suomi said:

On various MSNBC programs today re Trump's "What, you think our county's so innocent?"

(Ret. US Army) General Barry McCaffrey is "incredulous" and says that equating Putin's reputation with ours is "the most anti-American statement ever made by a US president."

I dunno, Bar.  I wasn't a fan, but I think Momjeans gave some equally outrageous pronouncements.

• Love 1

Oh, oh, I forgot these with BriWi and Nicole. Stop the presses. Trump does not own a bathrobe and does not wear a bathroom, according to Spicer. Because ->

When Mr. Trump is not watching television in his bathrobe or on his phone reaching out to old campaign hands and advisers, he will sometimes set off to explore the unfamiliar surroundings of his new home.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html?_r=2

Nicole went into detail on this one, breaking down the basic daily duties of the Chief of Staff. Either Priebus isn't doing the basics or the person actually doing Priebus' job (wink wink) isn't doing those basics.

And Nicole said she knows where the light switches are and would tell them if they ask her.

Edited by suomi

I didn't see the actual Chris Matthews/Kellyanne segment, but there was as brief clip somewhere and it looked like he didn't even challenge her when she mentioned the Bowling Green Massacre.  Did he not know that NOTHING happened in Bowling Green?  If he didn't know anything about it, I wish he would have said, can you explain what the Bowling Green massacre is.  I'm sure she would have deflected the question, but she could not have said something actually happened in Bowling Green, just that some suspected terrorists were from Bowling Green, and their terrorist acts were committed overseas.  A far cry from a massacre in Bowling Green.  They just keep letting her get away with these absurd statements, and she is wondering why no journalists have been fired.

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 7

Well she's all pissy now.  Saying just because I misspoke one time, the media is all over my ass.  Well she repeated that lie at least two other times and as with all trump robots, cannot just say, opps, I'm sorry.

And Chris Matthews, supposedly the veteran on that station.  Shame on you!

• Love 9

I don't remember his name but there was a great guest on this morning--they were discussing the alt truth and he just kind of came out with ..."It's because they are LIARS", and I wanted to stand up and give him the slow clap.  I wish more of them would use the word liar instead of softening it.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, SierraMist said:

I didn't see the actual Chris Matthews/Kellyanne segment, but there was as brief clip somewhere and it looked like he didn't even challenge her when she mentioned the Bowling Green Massacre.  Did he not know that NOTHING happened in Bowling Green?  

Because, as always, he's too busy planning his next interruption to listen to what the interviewee is actually saying.  And yes, it would have been amazing to have him cut her down right there on the spot instead of giving her time to plan her fake news response.

Speaking of cutting, MSNBC seriously needs to cut the goddamn "Breaking News" cut-ins.  It drove me nuts when they did it all through the campaign every time someone made a speech--as if that was news at all.  Tonight it wasn't enough to banner the Devos confirmation as breaking news; they had to front it with a lead-in banner.  The confirmation was hours ago.  It's news, but it's not breaking news, and they didn't break it.  Do they not get that they're numbing their viewers' ability to discern actual hot-off-the-presses news?

• Love 8

Anyone watching Rachel's show tonight will see Mitch McConnell shutting down Elizabeth Warren, saying she's impugning Jeff Sessions by reading Coretta King's letter about him.  The thing to watch for is whoever the man behind Mitch McConnell was "diggin' for gold" & checking it out ... hilarious!!!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Anyone watching Rachel's show tonight will see Mitch McConnell shutting down Elizabeth Warren, saying she's impugning Jeff Sessions by reading Coretta King's letter about him.  

It looked to me like he exercised his legal authority after a member of the Senate purposely violated rules.

6 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wish they'd put Mr. Mathews out to pasture. He hasn't seemed all there in the head for years. 

I wouldn't want to be within spitting distance of him.  He looks like he's spitting every time he gets up to his maximum talking speed.

7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Anyone watching Rachel's show tonight will see Mitch McConnell shutting down Elizabeth Warren, saying she's impugning Jeff Sessions by reading Coretta King's letter about him.  The thing to watch for is whoever the man behind Mitch McConnell was "diggin' for gold" & checking it out ... hilarious!!!!

The man behind Mitch McConnell was Jefferson Sessions himself and he was sure digging for boogers and then he kept checking his handkerchief to see if he had dug out any keepers. Eeeew.

• Love 4

Ugh, Stephanie Ruhle just had Neera Tanden on.  Does she have any friends to gently advise her how stupid she comes off on television? I'd feel bad for her if she wasn't so despicable a person.

Rachel didn't mention the most important reason for not buying a puppy-mill dog is that they're poorly bred with no attention to bloodlines & end up with all kinds of genetic anomalies, e.g.  hip dysplasia, parasites, worms, unable to socialize, etc., etc.  These puppies can cost a new owner a fortune financially & emotionally.  See this link for the whole story!!!  https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-puppy-mills

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Brian Williams said on his show:  "Someone's going to highlight Oren Hatch (sp?) & his kleenex ..." & I couldn't help but laugh (out loud).

Hatch is one of my senators and Jason Chaffetz is one of my reps. I wish I could laugh.

"What do you call a Senator who's served in office for 18 years? You call him home." That was Hatch's slogan during his first election campaign in '76 and he defeated the 18-year incumbent. Now beginning his 41st year in the Senate, our boy Orrin is the longest-serving Republican Senator in US history. I have made conscious and strong effort over the years to refrain from getting within reach or speaking distance of Orrin Hatch during local photo ops, because I knew I might walk away in handcuffs.

• Love 8

I got an alert that the appeals court was not going to overturn the decision to suspend the immigration ban. Even though I have sworn off this channel, I reflexively turned it on to see coverage of something that really is BREAKING NEWS (as compared to the time they declared a junkyard dumpster fire breaking news). 

I saw Greta and that was it. I turned back to the basketball game. 

• Love 2