Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/30/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Monday, November 30: LeAnn Rimes kicks off the season with a festive holiday performance; “View Your Deal,” with hottest items at affordable prices, hosted by contributor Stacy London.

Tuesday, December 1: Neil deGrasse Tyson (Radio’s, “StarTalk”).

Wednesday, December 2: Day of Hot Topics.

Thursday, December 3: Day of Hot Topics.

Friday, December 4: Carly Simon performs “I Can’t Thank You Enough” with her son, Ben Taylor.

She insults Sunny and makes a dig at Paula because she didn't want a visual of Paula breastfeeding her son. Well, Miss Whoopi I don't want to hear constant talk about your vibrator. Also I'm not liking your lame dancing this morning either. When will ABC get rid of her sorry ass!

• Love 15

Paula seemed to defend the R candidates taking 36 hours to respond to the terrorist shooting in Colorado. Can you imagine if a muslim shot anyone here? They would be foaming at the mouth immediately without let up. The far right is an absolute scourge and a bunch of hypocrites.

• Love 15

Paula seemed to defend the R candidates taking 36 hours to respond to the terrorist shooting in Colorado. Can you imagine if a muslim shot anyone here? They would be foaming at the mouth immediately without let up. The far right is an absolute scourge and a bunch of hypocrites.

Thank you!

THIS ^^^^^

I agreed with Michele in that if there had been any other shooting there would have been immediate response and condolences from any and all pres. candidates on both sides. CCB and Paula both enraged me on this with their excuses. There were 36 hrs of silence. It is sickening.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 14

something I saw online - 

Black man shoots someone - he's a gang member

Muslim man shoots someone -   he's a terrorist. 

White man shoots someone - he's a loner, politically and socially  alienated, probably mentally ill , maybe a victim of someone else in the past. 

Republicans hear about a shooting, they have to huddle together to  decide how to respond based on the political affiliation of both the victim and shooter before they know what to say.  Unless the shooter is Black or Muslim, then they can jump to conclusions.  And no matter what - find a way to blame Obama!

WORD!

You said it better than I was trying to type it.

McVay, the terrorist and murderer,  was characterized merely as a loner! a crazy! on the fringe! and heaven forbid he should represent all white people. And I say this as a pastey white person.

Three people at /associated with Planned Parenthood were murdered and there was a conspicuous silence..... by some. For once I agreed with Michele and that rarely happens.  Paula and CCB were disgusting.  -- "It's unfortunate" wow....

Edited by ari333
  • Love 8

Is LeAnn Rimes a home wrecker?? I never quite got the whole story on that.

She took a song that I love and slowed it down and ruined it ...for me... a ballad. BAH,

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

It's a long story ... Google it!!!

Ok. I did. Yikes. I guess I'll take my further snark to small talk :) PS( A lot of sites froze up on me when I was trying to read.) 

I hate it when Whoopi sneaks into the frame and takes things. I get the idea that she thinks it is cute. It is not. It's distracting and annoying, but that has been said before. Sheesh.

• Love 10

Is LeAnn Rimes a home wrecker?? I never quite got the whole story on that.

Somewhere in LA, Brandi Glanville is screaming into a pillow.  LeAnn knows how much it angers Brandi when she presents Brandi's children almost as her own children/family.  Eddie didn't want the children to appear on the Housewives (I agree), but then LeAnn is always showing and posting "family" pictures.  Shame on LeAnn for making me take Brandi's side.  No love for Brandi. 

• Love 8

Candace gets on my damn nerves. Last week she was saying Obama wasn't doing enough with the refugees and the war.

Then the Planned Parenthood shooting happens and it is okay for the Republicans to take all kinds of time to speak out about it.

This man killed a cop. I haven't read that much from them about BlueLivesMatter but they can't wait to post that hash tag whenever the BlackLivesMatter group talks about violence committed against people by the cops.

No one asking where the hell his father is and all that nonsense.

• Love 9

I don't normally like Sunny Hostin, but I liked her rant about the GOP candidates' failure to say anything for 36 hours after the incident, and the blame they should shoulder for all of the horrible rhetoric they've used about PP.  Being that she's pro-life herself, it was really nice to see someone using her rational brain about the subject rather than just making excuses like CCB ("Oh, it's so hard to know someone's true heart in 140 characters!!" Bullshit.)

• Love 17

The Whoopster pointing her finger at Sunny & accusing her of having "non-trust" for her husband because she want to hire a middle-aged lady as a Nanny.  STFU Whoopi!!  What would you know about it?

Well, Whoopi is an expert on cheating. She admitted to straying multiple times during her marriage and she endorsed it as a solution to boredom in a relationship in that crap book she wrote.  I guess she thinks her experience in the field entitles her to lecture other people about the subject (along with the thousands of other subjects she feels entitled to lecture people about).  

Seriously, though ... that crap from Whoopi about Sunni not trusting her husband was really out of line.  I don't think she needs to get personal like that with anybody.  She could have made her point about "trust" in relationships without commenting on Sunni's marriage.  She really wouldn't let it go, either.  It was a hell of a fuss to make over what I think was pretty much a joke from Sunni to begin with.  

• Love 12

What is going on with Leanne Rimes? I don't remember which song she ruined the last time she was on, only that she ruined it, and then today? OMG. I would have jumped out of my office window but my office is on the 1st floor.

• Love 14

Somewhere in LA, Brandi Glanville is screaming into a pillow.  LeAnn knows how much it angers Brandi when she presents Brandi's children almost as her own children/family.  Eddie didn't want the children to appear on the Housewives (I agree), but then LeAnn is always showing and posting "family" pictures.  Shame on LeAnn for making me take Brandi's side.  No love for Brandi. 

I totally agree; that grated on me.  I found myself sad and mad for Brandi.  Didn't think that would happen!  

• Love 7

Wednesday, December 2: Day of Hot Topics.

Thursday, December 3: Day of Hot Topics.

In other words they could not find anyone to come on the show those days.

No doubt the R candidates had to consult with pollsters before making a statement. It takes a while to see which way the wind is blowing.

• Love 14

What is going on with Leanne Rimes? I don't remember which song she ruined the last time she was on, only that she ruined it, and then today? OMG. I would have jumped out of my office window but my office is on the 1st floor.

That reminds me of a story.... a couple was staying in a high rise hotel and he called down to the front desk. He told the clerk that he and his wife have been fighting and she threatened to jump out the window. The clerk interrupted him and said.. Im sorry sir but we do not take sides in a domestic dispute.

Oh Im not asking you to take sides.... this is a maintenance call..... I cant get the window open.

• Love 12

All I caught today was Whoopi fake smiling and telling the audience through gritted teeth she didn't want to hear from us about something.  I don't even know what the topic was since I had just flipped it on.  Then she did it again, with the finger pointing but fake smiling and some sort of deranged sing-songy voice adding that THEY get PAID to voice their opinions (as in, we do not, LOL) and so we need to "keep our opinions to ourselves".     I thought they were trying to get viewers to Tweet/FB post/ etc?    I guess Whoopi can't help her rude self.   Anyway, I turned it off three minutes later.  I still don't know what the topic was    but if Whoopi doesn't care what her viewers think about it, then I guess I don't care what it she had to say either. 

I did catch Joy's show last night and really enjoyed it despite not really liking her bff Susie Essman.   i hope it gets picked up for another block of episodes. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Well, Whoopi is an expert on cheating. She admitted to straying multiple times during her marriage and she endorsed it as a solution to boredom in a relationship in that crap book she wrote. 

Wait, what? I'm confused as to how this is a solution to anything.

• Love 1

I missed most of Hot Topics, but as soon as I turned it on, it was during Whoopi's diatribe about coming at people assbackwards or something. Then I noticed Joy wasn't there and my heart stopped when I saw Sunni/Sunny Hostin whoever she is. I tuned out and wasn't the least bit sorry to miss it.

With all these contributors, we couldn't be saved from seeing that woman again? She's one of the few people who would make me quit this show if hired. She's Sherri on steroids. Stay away.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

May I ask here what  channel and day Joy's show is on? Is there a thread for it? TIA.

Joy's show is called "Late Night Joy"  and it's on TLC on wednesday night, like 11 PM or so, depending on your area.  

It's not great, but it's mildly entertaining, depending on the guests.  Joy seems relaxed and more like herself on that show, just hanging out with friends.   

If you like Joy, you might like it. 

there's no thread for it, there's really not a lot of content to discuss.  

• Love 2

The content is here and there on this board.

The hosts thread is one spot I've seen some. It's too bad I quite enjoy the show and don't understand why no thread :-(

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 1

The content is here and there on this board.

The hosts thread is one. Place I've seen. It's too bad I quite enjoy the show and don't understand why no thread :-(

If you want a thread, you request one and a mod will open it. They don't automatically create a show. The request is located under the site thread on the main board.

• Love 3

The last show came on yesterday. It showed how her table got broken. The person that did it really wasn't trying to do it either.

Joy wasn't mad and made jokes about it on the show. At the end I think Colin took another chunk out of the table on the way out of the door.

They were saying TLC should fix it.

• Love 2

The sudden frequent appearances of Stacy London have me hitting fast-forward more than ever.  I find her annoying on every level, and completely unwatchable.  Out of all the mistakes this show has made, hiring her in any capacity was, IMO, the worst.   Everything about that woman grates on my last nerve.

• Love 12

Whoopi YELLED today "If they're old enough to have TEETH, they're too old to breastfeed!"  

Shut UP, Whoop - you don't know what you're talking about.   Do the research, it's done all the time. 

Yeah, my kids were breastfed past their first birthday, and had teeth at 3 and 4 months old.   It was never a problem.  

I hate when Whoopi yells her opinion as though it were just a common sense fact.

I don't , however, agree with the shared breastfeeding they brought up.   Breastfeeding a baby is not just about nutrition, it's about mother-child bonding, and sharing that with another mom doesn't make sense.   I didn't understand the reason he women were sharing breastfeeding.  their kids were toddlers.  At that age, kids can eat real food and drink from a sippy cup,   Breastfeeding can supplement, but especially at that age, it's a comfort thing, to help babies calm down, settle in for the night, and bond with mother.   Sharing that with a friend seems wrong to me.  

• Love 4

Whoopi YELLED today "If they're old enough to have TEETH, they're too old to breastfeed!"  

Shut UP, Whoop - you don't know what you're talking about.   Do the research, it's done all the time. 

Yeah, my kids were breastfed past their first birthday, and had teeth at 3 and 4 months old.   It was never a problem.  

I hate when Whoopi yells her opinion as though it were just a common sense fact.

I don't , however, agree with the shared breastfeeding they brought up.   Breastfeeding a baby is not just about nutrition, it's about mother-child bonding, and sharing that with another mom doesn't make sense.   I didn't understand the reason he women were sharing breastfeeding.  their kids were toddlers.  At that age, kids can eat real food and drink from a sippy cup,   Breastfeeding can supplement, but especially at that age, it's a comfort thing, to help babies calm down, settle in for the night, and bond with mother.   Sharing that with a friend seems wrong to me.  

I didn't understand the point either. Also, I agree about the bonding.

Whoppi might not have raised her daughter, so she doesn't know when baby teeth come in.  One of my kids was born with a tooth!

As for having a friend breastfeed one's child, it's  fine with me.  Women's bodies...their business, not mine.  I did like Paula's reminder of wet-nurses.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 5

I wonder why Whoopie hates Paula so much. Paula is telling a story about her son getting hurt last night and the trials of raising boys, and Whoopie has to chime in that daughters have problems too. Let the woman tell a story without shooting her down, Whoopie!

• Love 14

Whoppi might not have raised her daughter, so she doesn't know when baby teeth come in.  One of my kids was born with a tooth!

As for having a friend breastfeed one's child, it's  fine with me.  Women's bodies...their business, not mine.  I did like Paula's reminder of wet-nurses.

My bold.  IIRC, Whoopi has said that her Mother raised Alex while she was off trying to be a stah.  So most of the all-knowing crap she spews is pulled right out of her ass!!

• Love 8

Does Michele need to get some penetration? It seems she turns every topic - even space and Mars - into a dick/sex "joke." Stop it. Make it stop. It's like Raven the other day with the freakin whipped cream. We get it, Raven. Heh now I'm thinking of Stewie from Family Guy and his "Cool WHhhip." :)

Glad to see Joy whenever she is there. I saw her point on the liquid water. Frozen water is ice.... but still H2O.

I wait for the day when Paula loses it and punches Whoopi in the face or throws a shoe at her or something. The woman couldn't even finish her story without Whoopi's words of wisdom as in she has a great command of the obvious. Yes, Whoopi, girls get injured too. Got it. Thanks for that.  However, I hated Paula's solution of telling the kids to choose anything on Amazon when the other child was injured. We knew a kid who was jerking out baby teeth like crazy for the 20 bucks a pop. (We got a dollar or was it a quarter?)  

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

I wonder why Whoopie hates Paula so much. Paula is telling a story about her son getting hurt last night and the trials of raising boys, and Whoopie has to chime in that daughters have problems too. Let the woman tell a story without shooting her down, Whoopie!

Paula's boy had the prettiest eyes! So cute. So, Whoopi has a daughter and not a son. Big deal. It doesn't always have to be about her but of course she had to show us a photo of her family. Who the hell cares. If she can't give any feedback to anyone else why should we give her any. I once thought she was a pretty good actress, but I now know she is a rotten person. I don't care how many awards she has.

My bold.  IIRC, Whoopi has said that her Mother raised Alex while she was off trying to be a stah.  So most of the all-knowing crap she spews is pulled right out of her ass!!

It figures. She is so full of shit literally and figuratively. LOL

• Love 8

Whoopi has said in the past that her daughter was born with a tooth.

Also, what are you all doing posting here when you should be googling Rosa Parks for your own edification. It's obvious we dumbass viewers don't know who she is.

• Love 9

Whoopi has said in the past that her daughter was born with a tooth.

Also, what are you all doing posting here when you should be googling Rosa Parks for your own edification. It's obvious we dumbass viewers don't know who she is.

My bold.  Now that's something I don't remember her ever saying, but it's probably the (ignorant) reason why she didn't nurse Alex (because she thought she'd get bit) & the basis for her beliefs about nursing.  GAWD!!!.

• Love 3

Does Michele need to get some penetration? It seems she turns every topic - even space and Mars - into a dick/sex "joke." Stop it. Make it stop. It's like Raven the other day with the freakin whipped cream. We get it, Raven. Heh now I'm thinking of Stewie from Family Guy and his "Cool WHhhip." :)

This reminded me, Raven protested when Padma put a tbsp of salt in the stock pot for turkey broth, because she doesn't want to get diabetes.  Joy told her salt doesn't cause diabetes.  Padma ignored them.  Then Raven segued around the set later spritzing canned whipped cream directly into her mouth (no contact with other food, or something healthy like fruit!).  But that was okay and a tbsp of salt in a giant pot of stock was not okay.

• Love 11

Whoopi is such a poor excuse for a moderator.  She talks all the time and her opinion is the only one that is right.  She doesn't give anyone else a chance to finish their opinions before she interrupts and chastises them and basically tells them that isn't right.  And don't get me started on Michelle.

• Love 10

HOLY CRAP!!.... Whoopi said she wants a candidate to admit that they have said something wrong..... Whoopi said that..... if you ask her she has never said something wrong.... but she wants a Presidential Candidate to own up to their mistakes.

• Love 5

Neil deGrasse Tyson is always entertaining to watch. I didn't catch his full interview, but what I did watch was fine.

The sudden frequent appearances of Stacy London have me hitting fast-forward more than ever.  I find her annoying on every level, and completely unwatchable.  Out of all the mistakes this show has made, hiring her in any capacity was, IMO, the worst.   Everything about that woman grates on my last nerve.

I've noticed that the View is trying to do the same thing that the Real does when it comes to these cheap finds, but maybe that's because whenever I catch the View I switch it to the Real. They've toned it down a lot from their initial run and their level of campiness is fun to watch.  That being said, I've noticed that the View is starting to take certain things that they do and bringing it on the view in an effort to gain more of the 'young' viewers.