Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/30/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Actually I hope Bounty (is it Proctor and Gamble?) doesn't.  Because I want to send her a single sheet. neatly folded in an envelope.  Happy Wiping!

I thought when Candace said she had a great experience as a child actor, it came off as one of those people who do the "really?! I had a completely different experience and by the tone of my voice you can hear how much I am making my experience to be more valid than yours..." thing I find so infuriating.  It's not just a disagreement but that their exact opposite take means you can't possibly know what it is that you are talking about.  There was that soft but persistent level of unctuous self-regard.  I've noticed more and more that she has that same cadence that Sarah Palin has when Palin thinks she is delivering the cleverest of zingers.  It has this rising inflection that then falls back at the end so it isn't complete upspeak (where it sounds like everything you say is asking a question).

• Love 4

Absolutely Raven was just being hateful for no reason.  When someone asked if she was "disappointed" her response was "I won't say that word out loud". What a hateful person.  I can actually believe that Raven is holding a grudge because she wasn't asked to play Dorothy.

Hey Raven, I also love the movie version of The Wiz, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the incredibly well done production the other night. 

• Love 5

Good grief...Raven supported her family from age 3, is worth around $55M, denies her mother a telescope for a mattress because "she doesn't need it."

Hope for RS's B-day party Bounty gives her a few years of paper towels. Poor little bird.

RS is worth $55 million?  She just needs to shut up right now.  She has nothing to offer the world.  Just shut up and enjoy your wealth.

• Love 4

Good grief...Raven supported her family from age 3, is worth around $55M, denies her mother a telescope for a mattress because "she doesn't need it."

Hope for RS's B-day party Bounty gives her a few years of paper towels. Poor little bird.

I missed this show.  The bold makes no sense to me.  Her mother wanted to trade her mattress for a telescope Raven has????  This cannot be right!  There must be a typo in there somewhere but I cannot figure it out.  

Oh, her mother wanted a telescope AND a mattress but Raven would not buy them for her.  That must be it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Nope, sorry.  Mom wanted a telescope, but Raven decreed that she needs a mattress more, so Raven bought her a mattress.  Nice daughter who could have afforded BOTH!  

Raven comes off to me as very immature, in her way of "viewing" everything in black and white, either or, instead of gray.  I think that's a mark of youth and you learn with life experience, that life is SO much more than 2 sides.

And Raven is already 30, but Candy Crush doesn't impart life lessons.  Too bad.  Hope she gets sacked from this show. She probably panned the Wiz (aside from her lame, excuses) cuz she asked to be in it.  BTW, Diana Ross was wayyyyy to old to play Dorothy. I loved Stephanie Mills. 

I meant that I agree that Raven was NOT asked to be in the Wiz, which I also liked the other night.

• Love 6

It does sound amazing, but there are many articles on the i'net that substantiate.  Here's just one:  http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/raven-symone-net-worth/

I doubt she made a huge amount from Cosby given that she was only on for the last few years, but her other endeavors have no doubt netted her a chunk of change. She is very well known among her generation, which seems to be about 5 to 8 years younger than myself.

As always, Raven's ignorance knows no bounds. Her throwing shade at NBC's epic reboot of The Wiz was bad enough, but her cheapness re her own mother is a new low.  She could have bought her mama both the mattress and the telescope if she really wanted. As for Raven's dissing The Wiz, ITA it's sour grapes. She doesn't even belong in the same paragraph with Shanice Williams, the girl who played Dorothy so brilliantly in the NBC version, much less the same sentence.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

I find that really hard to believe. What was she doing before The View?

Six seasons of That's So Raven would likely mean syndication and LOTS of money.

I don't know the exact number but tens of millions doesn't surprise me at all.   I've heard anything from 44 million to 55 million and it's possible if she had some good money advice early on(1990.)  Whatever the number is I remember Whoopi was super impressed by it because I heard her mention more than once that "Raven doesn't need the money"   while implying that of course Whoopi does, LOL.   

Although she said she's been in semi-retirement for a few years, her imdb.com page, shows she's been working pretty steadily for the past 25 years.  Some of those jobs were big payoffs, like her time with Disney where not only was It's So Raven the highest grossing show on the channel but the first to hit 100 episodes.  She stayed with Disney for other projects, including Cheetah Girls, and  Kim Possible. She's done movies and had recording contracts, all kinds of stuff.

ETA:  I just saw this excerpt on her  wiki page.  It's from a People magazine interview. 

When Raven-Symoné was 27, she briefly retired from acting and enrolled at Academy of Art University to pursue a degree in fine arts. She came out of retirement after joining The View.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

It does sound amazing, but there are many articles on the i'net that substantiate.  Here's just one:  http://www.celebrity...mone-net-worth/

Who knows what to believe!

The same site says Joy is worth $8 million and RO $120 million. I really doubt Raven is worth half of what RO is worth. Maybe Raven just annoys me too much to believe it. If she is worth that much, she needs to spend some money on her hair!

Raven quite possibly has that much money. Her brand including her shows and clothes, etc.. was worth almost half a billion dollars.

She doesn't have Olsen twin money but she is loaded. That is why I wasn't crying over her not getting paper towels.

Hi everyone. I have been out of the country and unable to watch abc online, but after reading your posts, I am aching see the Whoopie/Paula stuff. The full eps will be gone by the time I get back, and I have googled with no video results. Does anyone have a link, or possibly be able to upload a clip?

Thanks Cosmo. I am currently attempting to have my mom record from the on demand to the vcr. I just have to witness Whoopi saying "Listen, bitch" with my own eyes and ears!

I forgot about that happening and watched a few episodes including that one and missed it. Ugh.