Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Duking It Out

• Start Topic

"Don't be turning it up when we're sitting over here wearing 5-inch heels" -- Marlo, best quote of the night.

Porsha, bless her heart, I'm fairly certain Jessica Alba doesn't have a lingerie line. She wears it in movies alot, maybe that's where she got confused. Finds out Lauren is 13 weeks pregnant... "13 weeks? What is that, 2 months?.... I can't add...." LOL

What was that hat thing Phaedra had on, with little ears on top? Is that some new look I've not heard about yet? And she's one to criticize Porsha's guy hanging out with transgender strippers, LOL!!

Kandi opening a restaurant? WTF? She eats Popeye's chicken when there's more than 4 people at the table. Oh Lord....just say you're putting your name and face on a restaurant and leave it at that.

Porsha and Duke.... she literally pushed him out of her life with that party. I never thought I would say that I feel a little sorry for Kordell.

That scene with Kandi and Phaedra at the end was obviously staged but Kandi's emotions were clearly visible. Hopefully they keep the peace because they obviously care about each other. Nothing as laughable as seeing the Bride of Frakenstein wig again. :) I have the same boots that Kandi was wearing, but a shade darker. I love them, as comfy as bedroom shoes.

• Love 6

I have the same boots that Kandi was wearing, but a shade darker. I love them, as comfy as bedroom shoes.

I was gonna say the same thing about the boots!  I have the one fringe layer version.  Minnetonkas.  I did like Kandi's 3 layer fringe style.  Hmmmm......may have to look into those.  The Minnetonka's are so friggin comfy!!!!!  I was really happy to see her wearing them because pregnant woman need comfy shoes.

The one thing in this episode that really irked me.........Kandi serving her guest Phaedra water in a plastic throw away cup.  Ugh!

• Love 3

Khandi's assistants will not be happy until they're the only people in her life. That was the big thing I took away from this episode.

What was Duke whispering during the party? I missed that part.

He was telling the friend who came with him "Don't leave! Don't leave me here!" LOL

• Love 12

Did Kim Fields take NeNe's hair from last season as a challenge?

I enjoyed Kandi and Phaedra's argument because I saw both perspectives?

Porsha's desperation and neediness are becoming embarrassing.

If Kandi's next business venture is a restaurant she will end up spending 90% of her time there to the detriment of her other ventures. Girl loves to eat.

I like Kim's opening tag line but its a big long.

• Love 6

Khandi's assistants will not be happy until they're the only people in her life. That was the big thing I took away from this episode.

Thank you!  I agree.  I can't stand Don Juan, or I'll call him, Don't Juan Kandi to have any friends!   He gets on my last nerve whenever he's on my screen.  And Kandi acts like a voiceless bitch whenever he's around.  What's up with that? 

Cynthia!  Peter leaves after the party and goes straight back to Charlotte without even saying goodbye?!  Go to the bank stat and change your account numbers and cancel your credit cards.  He's just not into you.

I hate Kenya!  It's just that simple.  She stinks up the screen every time she's on it.  Instead of shady boots, she's stinky boots!

Porsha!  What were you thinking?!  I had so much secondhand embarrassment for you at that "shock party".  I'm not even going to call it a surprise party.  It was a shock party.  If you feel you're serious about this guy (after only a month smdh)  then have an intimate family gathering to introduce him to your family.  Judging by the look on his face (behind your back), he's not really THAT into you.  He was definitely spooked by that party.   

Kandi opening a restaurant is like an alcoholic opening a liquor store if you ask me.  She's managing to stay fairly small with the pregnancy so far, so seeing her constantly chewing throughout this episode made me wonder how she looks now.  She is always eating!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 11

I really can't stand Don Juan. He's a gossipy junior high school mean girl who's way too involved in Kandi's personal life.

I'm about tired of Todd expecting Kandi to handle his business. Dude, draft an invoice and mail it to Phaedra.

Porsha, chile... did you really have to give your cut buddy a literal trophy? I'm surprised he didn't leave DeLorean tracks out the door when she pulled this surprise party stunt.  I inhaled so much secondhand embarrassment from her.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 17

Once again, Porsha behaved cheap and trashy. Oh yeah, being stupid isn't helping, hon.

Shut up, Don Juan, you little gossip bitch.

I liked seeing Kim. She seems so normal!

Oh yeah, that lingerie businesses of Porshs's is totally bogus, but I loved that guy's comments.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 8

She is very polished and poised without seeming insincere. I also this she's very beautiful but that hair has to go. And yikes the style in her talking head!

Peter once again is walking all over Cynthia and disrespecting her. How many x is he going to say something rude or hurtful, blow throw her $ without her consent or input, act inappropriate with other women or cheat, avoid her, spend weeks apart by choice.....I mean what is her breaking point? Last episode Malorie asked if Cyn loved him or even had lust for him. One must ponder the same question should be directed towards her husband.

• Love 5

I can't believe Mallory let Peter put his hand on her neck.  I had to rewind to be sure.  It wouldn't be me.  Don't demonstrate what you did on me.

I hope KIm Fields knows what she's getting into by being on this show.

Poor Duke, I felt sorry for him.  I couldn't tell whether he or his friend said "this is too much".

Glad Kandi and Phaedra were able to settle their differences.  

Don Juan needs to mind his business and Kandi needed to shut him down the minute he opened his mouth.   I didn't like that she let him go on and on.  The relationship between Kandi and Phaedra is their relationship, Don Juan needs to keep his two cents to himself.

• Love 7

Never once did Don Juan stop to buy a vowel or take a breath. I don't doubt he has sincere empathy for Kandi, but there was never a moment of asking Kandi what SHE thought of the whole thing or how SHE was feeling. He was there to deliver his soliliquoy and sashay away.

That Porsha party was cringeworthy. Not trying to be the PC police, but I couldn't tell if Phaedra's comment was supportive of the transgender community or the opposite. On one hand, she was comparing them to lepers, but on the other, she was saying that Jesus hang out with prostitutes so we all need to chill out? She's good TV. At least no one but TMZ said "t*****".

• Love 5

Damn, Don Juan need to stay out of grown folks business with his busy body ass!  You just don't get all up into your employers business like that.  It always seems like he's auditioning for his own peach.  Of course this is all Kandi's fault for allowing it to begin with.

Edited by Lucygirl2
  • Love 11

Porsha!  What were you thinking?!  I had so much secondhand embarrassment for you at that "shock party".  I'm not even going to call it a surprise party.  It was a shock party.

It was also a good-bye party! Don't forget it was a goodbye party. It was a goodbye party cause...? Dude flew into Atlanta from Buffalo, where he plays, and ostensibly lives, last episode. So why throw him a good-bye party in a city that isn't even his? Oh yeah, cause, Porsha.
  • Love 6

I kinda dig Kim's hair. I like the different shades of blonde and I think they complement her coloring, very sun-kissed. Would damage the hell outta my hair, but I like it. I will say that it was a bit much on Wendy the other day, but Nene's looked like a cheap fright wig by comparison.

ETA headbands need to be banned on all ho'wives franchises.

Phaedra, it's called a vagina...no need to use the "c" word which I find to be more offensive than the other "c" word...

Is anybody going to discuss Porsha's sister's baby daddy? Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I didn't see a ring unless her finger was swollen...

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 1

Porsha's guest felt so awkward at her party; I would too, that was such a cringeworthy moment--especially after she gave him that trophy. Duke will kick him to the curb before the end the season.

I like the scenes with Kim Fields and her family; her boys were precious. I can't wait to see her reaction to Kenya's pilot. Her facial expression in her scene with Kenya were hilarious.

I really don't think Kenya had room to throw shade at Kim's skates. The only thing she has to show for is some guest role and forgetful direct to video movies.

Don Juan needs to have several seats. Khandi and Phaedra were trying to make amends, and he's adding fuel to the fire. As her employee, that was totally unprofessional, and Khandi should've checked him. Stay out her personal business and do what your job.

• Love 5

Peter once again is walking all over Cynthia and disrespecting her. How many x is he going to say something rude or hurtful, blow throw her $ without her consent or input, act inappropriate with other women or cheat, avoid her, spend weeks apart by choice.....I mean what is her breaking point? Last episode Malorie asked if Cyn loved him or even had lust for him. One must ponder the same question should be directed towards her husband.

Didn't they discuss Peter having an affair with a waitress in Charlotte at the last reunion? I wonder if it's the same woman in the video?

Edited by Ubiquitous

Not trying to be the PC police, but I couldn't tell if Phaedra's comment was supportive of the transgender community or the opposite. On one hand, she was comparing them to lepers, but on the other, she was saying that Jesus hang out with prostitutes so we all need to chill out? She's good TV. At least no one but TMZ said "t*****".

I took Phaedra's statement as saying that Jesus hung out with prostitutes so don't fault Porsha's man for hanging out with transgender folk.  I think it was her way of defending transgender people, but you're right, she did also compare them to whores and lepers.  I tend to think she was defending them because we know she's very open minded in that respect. 

What Duke and his friend were saying gave me the impression they had made plans to leave before Porsha sprung that party on him.  His friend said, "You can't go.  Just stay", or something like that.  I'm thinking they had probably made plans to go out on the town since he was about to leave Atlanta.

I really don't think Kenya had room to throw shade at Kim's skates. The only thing she has to show for is some guest role and forgetful direct to video movies.

If I was Kim, after Kenya said, "...or on Ebay.", I would have shot back, "No, but I heard your crown was."  Ba dum pum...ting!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9

I thought Kim was the one who mentioned eBay. Kenya asked her if she still had her roller skates, and Kim said "Oh no, they are probably in the Smithsonian, or on eBay."

I pay attention to stuff like that since I am an eBay seller/buyer. :)

• Love 4

I thought Kim was the one who mentioned eBay. Kenya asked her if she still had her roller skates, and Kim said "Oh no, they are probably in the Smithsonian, or on eBay."

No, they showed Kenya saying "or Ebay", and then Kim gave her the side eye.

• Love 6

They replayed it on WWHL with a fake laugh track (so Kenya could live out her dream of being on a sitcom with Kim!), and Kim says Smithsonian but Kenya says the eBay line. On WWHL they added the sitcom "Oooohhhhhhhhhh" after the line. Kenya played it off well.

Don Juan needs to mind his business and Kandi needed to shut him down the minute he opened his mouth.   I didn't like that she let him go on and on.  The relationship between Kandi and Phaedra is their relationship, Don Juan needs to keep his two cents to himself.

Bingo. The whole time he was ranting, I was wondering "how is this any of YOUR business though?" 

Sigh. Porsha is um...special.

Regine is on this show! Yay! I love Kim Fields and I am terrified for her now that she's on this show. Where's a praying grandmother when you really need one...

Edited by TrapRegent
  • Love 5

I am LOVING Kim Fields.

I am Loving Kim too.  But that's what scares me.  I also was loving Kenya Moore her first time on the show and then she went all batshit crazy on us.  I'm hoping Kim values her professional reputation enough to keep from acting crazy on this show.

• Love 1

I kinda dig Kim's hair. I like the different shades of blonde and I think they complement her coloring, very sun-kissed. Would damage the hell outta my hair, but I like it. I will say that it was a bit much on Wendy the other day, but Nene's looked like a cheap fright wig by comparison.

I agree. I thought Kim looked really great. She looked very young and fresh-faced, and the hair color suited her. It probably just doesn't come across well in photos

Kim fields actually has a housewife related storyline lol. I like the juxtaposition of her famous name yet normal housewife status.

Yes! Also great. No uneccesary red carpets or nannies.

Porshia's new boy toy is going to run far and fast as soon as she closes her eyes. That shit was cringe inducing, but y'all already covered that. And she's planning to buy a house with him?!? No, just no! How about we talk about the side-eye and pursed lips she was given to her sister Lauren for daring to announce that she was pregnant and taking the attention away from Porshia? If looks could kill..... Plus, I always got the sense that the 2 of them were really close, so I was surprised that Porshia didn't know before everyone else.

I can't stand Don Juan, but damn if he didn't make me laugh when he said he was confused about what Phaedra wanted compassion for when she knew she was marrying a criminal who then got caught doing criminal things. Lol! I can't with Phaedra. I get that she was going through a lot, but she pushed Kandi away because Kandi had a difference of opinion and because Todd remained Apollo's friend. From what we've been shown, I certainly don't feel that Kandi chose sides. I think she tried to respect Todd and Apollo's friendship by staying out of it and she tried to respect Phaedra by not talking about it. I don't know; Phaedra just rubbed me the wrong way during that scene.

Why am I surprised that Kandi's office has a full kitchen? And is it a part of her assistant's regular duties to make breakfast daily for her and her team?

• Love 5

My take on this episode...

Porsha, I just had to feel embarrassment for.  I got the feeling that she was realizing about then that she was pretty much buying a boyfriend in Duke.  I believe he just wanted to be seen and nothing more.  Knowing what she stated on twitter about the breakup, I kinda get what she was doing with the surprise party.  I don't really think she was actually OK with paying for Duke.  I don't think he was doing much for her but at the time it was a way to get her peach back.  As for her lingerie company, it is indeed legit and she even had a launching party done by David Tutura and it appears to be going OK (although the complaint is that she has only limited items for sale).  I believe this was the beginning of the end of her relationship with Duke and it was her way of letting him know who's boss in the relationship.

Kenya is just a very sad piece of work to me.  She never admits to the crap she does and what she did at Cynthia's party was just totally uncalled for.  And of course if Cynthia do not want to see what her husband is doing she probably won't see what Kenya did to her launch party.  As for her left handed proposal to Kim regarding her pilot, well ....Kim is not stupid and she wasn't buying any of the bullcrap

I believe Phaedra and Kandi made a very concerted effort to repair their friendship.  At least Kandi actually listened to why Phaedra didn't think she was being that great a friend.  Phaedra was right on the point that Kandi and Todd was basically harboring illegally gotten contraband from the Feds which put Phaedra in a very bad situation on top of a dealing with Apollo.  I still feel Kandi just didn't get it.  She was so in her feelings that Phaedra was talking crap about her that she really wasn't getting the gravity of the situation Phaedra was in.  Yes, she had her problems, too but she had a circle of support and no one was getting physically threatened and no one was about to do time.

As for Don Won't, he is an asshole of the highest level.  He just went in on Kandi about Phaedra with the same lame reasoning that the internet trolls have used ever since Apollo was arrested.  The fact that Kandi was listening and questioning Phaedra's sincerity was pretty much telling of how things will continue with them.  They do seem to be on better terms but I don't believe it will ever be any trust between to two like it was before.

Kim, I just loved this episode. She is so normal and so needed as an anchor for this show.  Someone needs to be the voice of reason and she fits the bill

Cynthia.......  that is all I have to say about her.

• Love 16
I get that she was going through a lot, but she pushed Kandi away because Kandi had a difference of opinion and because Todd remained Apollo's friend. From what we've been shown, I certainly don't feel that Kandi chose sides.

I just had to address this.  She lost trust in Kandi because of Kandi brandishing her about taking the kids to see Apollo.  Kandi even brought her cousin over to show Phaedra that it is "normal" to do so and made clear her distain for Phaedra's reluctance to take her kids to see Apollo.  Kandi has also sympathized with Apollo about Phaedra not calling or letting him talk to his kids and without actually going to Phaedra to see what is really going on.  Not mentioning the whole money thing is just now brought up when Todd could have gone to Phaedra or his "pal" Apollo to get his money but to wait until Phaedra is trying to recoup from a very bad domestic situation.  I would have pushed her away too.  Not mentioning they were holding Apollo's toys while not even letting her "friend" know they were there which made Phaedra look lik she was hiding the stuff.  Yes, Kandi did choose a side by her own admittance.

Also, this is Kandi's answer to Don Won'ts rant....

Here's a pic from yesterday with my boy @donjuannc! A lot of y'all get in your feelings when Don speaks his mind on the show but at the end of the day he can do that. Yes he works for me but we're like family. He's had my back for over a decade! I love him to life! ‪#‎RideOrDie‬
Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 12

One of the things I keep reminding myself of, is that if Todd and Kandi are stupid enough to go on national TV claiming to have some of Apollo's property.... with the Feds looking for everything..... I expect we'll see the FBI swoop in on a future episode and arrest them. I think this is a massive fake setup, and nothing more, to give Phaedra and Kandi something to argue about all season.

• Love 7

I was mortified for Porsha at that party. She's known dude for a month! If they are really that serious (which they CLEARLY are not), why not just have him and her immediate family over for dinner? And ASK him first! Don't ambush him like that! I know they're not together now; I wonder if that party is what did it? He looked like a deer in headlights the entire time, and I don't blame him. And she's talking about looking at houses? GIRL SLOW DOWN.

Kim Fields seems nice and normal - from what I can tell from the previews, she'll be the "You all act the fool" face throughout the season. (Her faces when Kenya was talking were hilarious.) I loved Living Single (Max was my favorite though) so it's nice to see her on this show (although I don't think it's a good fit for her; the required socializing element is not her thing). Her older son seems very cute. Why is Kenya fronting like "Life Twirls On" is still a thing?

What kind of husband leaves his wife's party (after showing up late to said party) and goes straight out of town without saying boo to his wife? Cynthia doesn't know when she's going to talk to her husband again? Where they do that at?

• Love 5

I just had to address this.  She lost trust in Kandi because of Kandi brandishing her about taking the kids to see Apollo.  Kandi even brought her cousin over to show Phaedra that it is "normal" to do so and made clear her distain for Phaedra's reluctance to take her kids to see Apollo.  Kandi has also sympathized with Apollo about Phaedra not calling or letting him talk to his kids and without actually going to Phaedra to see what is really going on.  Not mentioning the whole money thing is just now brought up when Todd could have gone to Phaedra or his "pal" Apollo to get his money but to wait until Phaedra is trying to recoup from a very bad domestic situation.  I would have pushed her away too.  Not mentioning they were holding Apollo's toys while not even letting her "friend" know they were there which made Phaedra look lik she was hiding the stuff.  Yes, Kandi did choose a side by her own admittance.

I saw this differently.  Phaedra mentioned she didn't want to take the kids to see Apollo.  Kandi shared she didn't think there was anything wrong with it, and brought a family member by who had experienced it from a child's point of view.  All, as I see, within the boundaries of a good (real) friendship.  When Phaedra expressed she didn't care and still wouldn't feel comfortable taking her kids, Kandi stopped bringing it up.  I also remember (vaguely) a few times Kandi asking Phaedra about how things were with Apollo, and she kept responding that things were fine, all the while sharing her struggles with people who haven't been a real friend to her.  If I was her friend, that would have pissed me off too!  I won't comment on the Phaedra owes Todd money thing or the storing 4-wheelers, cause, as many have stated, those bits seem straight up fabricated for story lines.  I likes seeing Phaedra and Kandi together, because their friendship seemed to be genuine.  Now, neither seem to be too dedicated to bringing it back to where it was, which is fine.  I suspect that if it weren't for the show, they probably wouldn't talk anymore.  They may have had a sit down, similar to what we saw, where they promised to work towards it, but they wouldn't see each other.  

• Love 4

So what was the "goodbye party" for?  Where is her boy toy going? You can tell she is the shining star in that family because her sisters pregnacy announcement was glossed over like it was no big deal. 

I don't get Kandi's attitude toward Phaedra. There must be more stuff going on between them than what we are seeing. 

Kim Fields is too normal to be on this show. She will be a one season only for sure. 

• Love 6

I couldn't disagree more.  Phaedra only wants to hear what she wants to hear - and wants to continue to play the victim.  What Kandi said about letting Apollo see the kids - is no different than what everyone else has said.   Phaedra doesn't want a real friend - she wants a lackey.

No one is excusing what Apollo did, but Paedra is using the kids as a weapon against him.  That is hardly the great parent - that she tries to portrays herself as.  There's a reason why Phaedra is Fakedra.

Edited by escape
  • Love 9
I don't get Kandi's attitude toward Phaedra. There must be more stuff going on between them than what we are seeing.

That has been Kandi's attitude for quite a while now which is why Phaedra stopped confiding to her regarding her marital problems.  It was more like Kandi just didn't see Phaedra as having a problem.  Just like she did with her best friend Carmon and with Todd and his mother, she just didn't seem to see any problems but her own.

• Love 14

I'm so over Cynthia acting like she's forgotten who she is and what she looks like.  A face that has launched a hundred covers and still slaying in a bikini bottom but voluntarily dealing with this fool.   I rarely agree with Kenya but about Peter's right to be pissed and wrong, naw, bruh, you don't get to do that.   I didn't hear what he said when he was talking to Cynthia and Malorie - did he tell one of them to shutup or mind their business or something?  See, you didn't do anything wrong huh, so why are you so turn't?   Not shaggable, not a nice guy, no cash, a manger full of children and plenty of disrespect.  Female intuition doesn't lie.  Before the wedding, she knew. She knew.

Porsha is not a good enough actress for us to believe she was hearing Lauren's news for the first time on camera.   Your only sister and best friend says she's pregnant and there aren't any real follow up questions, no shocked expressions or accidental hot mic conversation?  But she was ready with a TH about feeling eclipsed about the race to grandbabyhood.  Mkay girl.

Upon hearing Duke's age, Porsha's mom said something like oh so his mom is the age most of your other friends are? - Committee? confirmation please?  and then, the hell does this mean?  Are the African princes in their 50s?   When she said they were going house shopping I actually covered my eyes.  Porsha stop it.  Freeze your eggs and just stop it.  There's only one Kroy.

From the promos I said Kim was too normal for these chicks.  We always keep our eyes and ears on Kenya for the unpredictability, messiness and potential shade of what she's gonna say.  Sidebar  "shut up Phaedra, why don't you just worry about changing the locks since your husband isn't coming home for years".   I can't stand this girl but she does make me giggle for giving Bravo its moneys worth.

I can't stand Don Juan, but damn if he didn't make me laugh when he said he was confused about what Phaedra wanted compassion for when she knew she was marrying a criminal who then got caught doing criminal things. Lol! I can't with Phaedra. I get that she was going through a lot, but she pushed Kandi away because Kandi had a difference of opinion and because Todd remained Apollo's friend. From what we've been shown, I certainly don't feel that Kandi chose sides. I think she tried to respect Todd and Apollo's friendship by staying out of it and she tried to respect Phaedra by not talking about it. I don't know; Phaedra just rubbed me the wrong way during that scene.

Going against the grain to say that I was here for every word that Don Juan said.   Every word.  Now I really really don't like him and Kandi's general lack of boundaries when it comes to, well, everything, but mainly her employees but I pulled out my MLK church fan.  I thought Phaedra's tears might have been  genuine but her right to cry em, pure bullshit.  The underlying point Kandi made was that they were close enough that if there was a problem, Phaedra should've told her.   That osmosis you should read my mind mess has worked for exactly zero women ever.  I believe Kandi when she said when they hung out it was always at her behest.  That's entirely separate (for me) than the validity of the emotional hardship Phaedra was experiencing.  But the thing Phaedra keeps ignoring is what stopped Kandi from paying attention to what she was going through which was she was also going through her own stuff.  That explains why Kandi didn't pick up the phone, it doesn't explain why Phaedra didn't.    Kandi admitted she could've and should've been better at reaching out.  I didn't hear Phaedra say she'd been a shitty friend.  But I could've missed it.

Kandi needs to knock it off talking about what she should do with her children, period.   However, Phaedra was acting hurt and shady way before this.  Well before Apollo's sentencing day - back to the counseling session with Dr. Jeff she was talking mess about what kind of friend Kandi wasn't being.   On the trip to the Philippines and after Kandi had showed up to her office to ask what was going on and then peace it up, after they'd talked about it and after they'd hugged it out, Phaedra was STILL talking shit in her THs.  Stayed being southern belle surface ok in Kandi's face but shanking her in private.  This woman is pregnant with about 5 businesses to run and a newlywed husband who just lost his mother, I promise she doesn't have time to babysit another grown woman who won't even admit to her face that there's a problem.  Don Juan is the most ironic person who ever delivered a speech about loyalty and sincerity but I'll be damned if he didn't nail it about Phaedra's sentiment.  Real tears? sure, real feelings? I wouldn't count on it.

Todd is dead wrong for sending or wanting to send Kandi to do his bidding with regard to Phaedra.  Dead ass wrong.  But when she said you still owe Todd 8 thousand and Phaedra answered 5?  Ya'll I was dead.  I said 5, 7, 9, 11, so you do know you owe him some money, what are we sitting here talking about it for?  The rest of her sentence was something like "for a product that never came out...?"  Bitch you're a LAWYER, you signed whatever paper there was promising this man payment, product or not.   Todd needed to carry that to her directly though.   I can see her feeling a way that Apollo's stuff is at their place but not retroactively mad.  Not only did she not know it was there until recently, Kandi didn't know it until they were cleaning out the garage.   What Kandi needs to do though is have his shit shipped back to wherever Phaedra wants it placed.

Kim Fields had a baby at 45.  Yo, respect.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 12

I couldn't disagree more.  Phaedra only wants to hear what she wants to hear - and wants to continue to play the victim.  What Kandi said about letting Apollo see the kids - is no different than what everyone else has said.   Phaedra doesn't want a real friend - she wants a lackey.

No one is excusing what Apollo did, but Paedra is using the kids as a weapon against him.  That is hardly the great parent - that she tries to portrays herself as.  There's a reason why Phaedra is Fakedra.

That would make sense if she wasn't allowing them to speak with Apollo and he wasn't taking to twitter and any public access he has from prison, dogging her and constantly demanding a divorce while also demanding that she put money on his books AND hiding his stuff at Kandi and Todd's place.  All the while taking letters from women who are penpaling him and begging them for money.  Phaedra hears very well IMHO.

• Love 7

I don't think Lauren is part of Porsha's mom's family so why would they be overly concerned about her pregnancy?

Whether Todd should man up and go after Phaedra for the money or not, Phaedra knows she owes the money and she doesn't intend to pay Todd the money.  If somebody says "You owe me $8" and you say "I only owe you $5" you know you owe them some money.  If you value your friendship with Kandi, pay Todd his money.

Phaedra has every right not to take the children up to Kentucky to see Apollo but Kandi as her friend has every right to voice her opinion, too.

I saw some people complaining that Kim Fields wasn't "turning up."  Why would she be "turning up?"   It was her first night on the show and the only cast member she was interacting with was Kenya and they didn't have an unpleasant interaction.

Kandi & Phaedra's close friendship is done (for now).  It's never going to be like it was before.  I think they'll be cool and they'll hang out & have good times but never like it was before.  The trust is gone; Kandi doesn't trust Phaedra for confiding in everyone (especially Nene) about her problems with Kandi (instead of telling Kandi) and she's not going to trust Phaedra for trying to stiff Todd.  Phaedra isn't going to trust Kandi for taking Apollo's side (if you're harboring his stuff in your house without telling your friend...you have taken his side)*.  Hopefully with time they can get back to being good friends but it's not going to be an instant thing, and now with the baby coming Kandi's going to have even less time for Phaedra & her situations.

*They could've put Apollo's stuff in a storage unit and if asked, turned it over to Phaedra.

• Love 5